Congressman claims Tea Party, NRA “manufactured” Fast and Furious

posted at 2:20 pm on December 9, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Attorney General Eric Holder has accused The Daily Caller of creating the story of calls for his resignation. Never mind that more than 50 Republicans are on board for his ouster. Maybe not all of them would have made the official call for his resignation had a DC reporter not called to ask their opinions — but the reporter didn’t supply the opinions for ‘em. The gist of Holder’s accusation: Stop asking questions, reporters!

No doubt Democrats like Georgia Rep. Hank Johnson agree. Reporter Michelle Fields didn’t make him say what he said, but, if she hadn’t asked a question, he never would have said this quote, which was especially revealing about what he knows of the Fast and Furious scandal:

“I think this is another manufactured controversy by the second amendment, NRA Republican tea party movement,” Johnson said.

Hmm. How exactly did the Tea Party Movement or the NRA instigate an ATF program to sell firearms to straw purchasers and then rapidly lose track of the weapons?

Honestly, the quote makes so little sense, I don’t know how to respond to it. But, then again, it comes from a fellow who somehow managed to mention “white supremacists” in yesterday’s Judiciary hearing — and who once said overpopulation might cause the entire island of Guam to “tip over and capsize.” What did I expect?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

So does this mean that the LSM will now pick up the story?

tecddy on December 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Hold on there for a minute Mr Johnson, It wasn’t “manufactured-manufactured”.

NapaConservative on December 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM

This is for the media. Now that someone has said it – the media can quote it as authoritive:

“Congress has determined that the racist Tea Party and evil republicans were behind Fast ad Furious as well as the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent….”

CrazyFool on December 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Shake Johnsons’ head and you’ll hear the sound of a ball bearing in a spray paint can.

Coronagold on December 9, 2011 at 4:54 PM

If we said the weapons grade stupid Johnson was acting like a WMD, could we call in a drone strike?
If by chance the drone went down at the virtual Iranian Embassy could we get it back?

smitty41 on December 9, 2011 at 4:56 PM

This is drugs democrats.

This is your brain on drugs democrats.

Any questions?

Cloture on December 9, 2011 at 4:59 PM

And here I thought manufacturing was essentially dead in the U.S. Who knew?

natasha333 on December 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM

He is a role model for Zimbabwe government officials. Send him there.

wepeople on December 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM

The most morally reprobate and genuinely stupid people I have ever encountered in life are elected democrats. They are surpassed only by the superlatively ignorant democrat voters.

May God have mercy on us all…

tom daschle concerned on December 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM

A proud member of the Congressional Stupid Caucus

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on December 9, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Name a congresscritter with a D beside their name who isn’t.

sandbagger on December 9, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Last cycle he clobbered an attractive, well spoken, moderately financed business woman, Liz Carter, by barely showing up at all in the district to campaign and not debating at all. Something is fishy in that district, hopefully redistricting will fix it. Johnson has no personal wealth, not much fundraising muscle, and looks like he would have trouble organizing his way out of an elevator, so how he gets elected is pretty mysterious.

KenInIL on December 9, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Good Lord, I am so ashamed

Being conservative in this part of my state is like juggling hand grenades with a gun to your head.

You’re just screwed

SnakeHips on December 9, 2011 at 5:32 PM

The only thing I can say at this point is that these people are getting elected because of their race. Without some incredible bias going on, no one can be this stupid.

paul1149 on December 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I suspected this all along. Just like the Jews manufactured the Holocaust to make the Germans look bad.

Helen A Handbasquet on December 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

How do morons like him and Maxine Waters ever get elected?

Kimberlina on December 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I don’t think they make intelligence tests sophisticated enough to accurately measure an IQ at the level of this Hank Johnson.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on December 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Another clueless lib…nothing new here.

jrfromdallas on December 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM

You get the government, and government officials, you deserve.

LizardLips on December 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM

How do morons like him and Maxine Waters ever get elected?

Kimberlina on December 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

They run in districts with even lower grade morons.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on December 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM

I would suggest a saliva test for Hank, ASAP! If this guy had a brain he would take it out and play with it.

MDLibertyLover on December 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM

paul1149 on December 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM

O’bama got 70% of the high school dropout vote in 2008, a new record.

Sad to say there are plenty of people in the Democrat Party who are stupid. As evidence, I present some of the comments from the Politico piece about Stedman’s testimony yesterday:

Mr. Issa——The Lebanese mafia misses such a great lowlevel hitman, please call home………………………….

Holder should have just pulled a Karl Rove. Enough said.

I wouldn’t believe one republican congressman ever. They are the real crooks. The last administration was filled with so many criminals yet all you republicans calling for Obama’s head are just plain laughable. Bush and especially Cheney were nothing but liars and because of their own selfish desires over 4000 American military men were killed. Give me a break and stop this BS. Issa is another crook. Read all about him you who are so damn critical of this administration. And he’s made himself judge and jury, it’s just plain laughable.

OBAMA 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This next one is downright amazing…

Issa shame-Ame what the United States Atttorney General has to go through with Wizard McConnell’s lesser evil. Unlike many of Congressman Issa’s party members, United States Attorney General Holder has taken and lived by an Oath that trumps any pledge to a lobbyist. Issa shame-Ame Conressman Issa atempt to act the role, but an actor he is not. Oh, wow, uhm wow, It’s just a shame-Ame. Issa shame-Ame what the Weeper of the House has allowed “The People’s House” to become a “House of Ill Repute.” What with growing uncertainty as to when the majority party of the House will address the real issues relating to jobs and stop attacking women by regulating their bodies and cutting social welfare programs. Issa shame-Ame, what the extremists have done, Issa shame-Ame, I hope we can reverse.

Holder should call some of these republicans on the carpet for war,and white collar crimes.

Issa is a corrupt, sadistic, unprincipled thug.

Anybody thats lived in So California, already knows.

Issa is nothing but pure scum, iced with corruption and functioning as a dirtbag, political hitman.

But leave it to the GOP to put a crook in charge.

Heck of a job there Issy!

Wow a con preaching about an american death caused by ignorance! That is rich hawkeye do you feel the same way about bush being responsible for 4000 american soldiers death? Doubt it you RE-bags don’t have the balls to question your right wing cult leaders. Grow some balls! your phony outrage is becoming old, desperate and boring!

Teabaggers. The Boarder Patrol is on OUR SIDE!!

Why do Republicans HATE these men and women who risk their lives to keep scumbags like you safe?

Oh. That’s right. Everything in govornment is BAD!!!!!

The Boarder Patrol is part of the govornment.

So you desperate weak losers attack them as the work to find ways to stem the Mexican drug wars.

No wonder every poll shows Americans getting sicker of you by the day.

Lil minority 18-20%’ers. Polling even with Americans love for Fidel Castro I see.

Like you… he HATES our Boarder Patrol agents risking their lives for our country too!

Issa is a career criminal, look it up, he stole cars and then started a company to stop people from stealing cars, then he burnt down his business and collected a huge insurance check. Ryan Lizza had a great article about Issa’s troubled past.

Just tell these showboating Republinuts to kiss your “Dark Side Of The Moon” Mr. Holder.

All they’re doing is wating tax payer dollars.

Notice that the morally and ethically challenged Republicans go rabid at the slightest hint of wrongdoing on a program that was instigated during the Bush Administration. Can you imagine the investigations and calls for impeachment if the Obama Administartion had done any of the terrible crimes that occurred under the Bush-Cheney regime, i.e. illegal torture, secret prisons, farming out torture to other countries, lying to Congress, Americans, the UN about WMD, outing a CIA agent, domestic spying, warrantless wiretaps, etc.)

So far Issa, the richest and most self-serving man in Congress, has spent months trying desperately to find anything to bring against the Administration though the Bush-Cheney Administration own AGs were so bad that they kept resigning or were forced to resign as they managed to politicize government agencies including the Justice Department for partisan gain.

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Calling Hank Johnson a nitwit is an insult to nitwits.

H.E. Pennypacker on December 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM

A grave and unjust insult to nitwits, at that.

Jaibones on December 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Helen A Handbasquet on December 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Don’t give Hillary Clinton and David Petraeus any ideas as to where to go next, although they are almost there now.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on December 9, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Do I hate you
And your Red, White and Blue?
With my golf game score depression
Damn uppity Tea Party insurrection
With the old folks whining about their fate
Like I should care or have time to contemplate
My TSA is only being thorough
That’s why into your whitey private parts they must burrow
For 20 years I sat before my mentor Jeremiah Wright
Who taught me well that the US is a total rotten blight
My dear church picked Farrakhan man of the year
I learned whites and Jews I should hate and fear
On you my subjects, taxes and regulation, I’m a big time raisin’.
Giving cash to union and solar campaign cronies brazen
I disparage Ben Netanyahu
That pushy arrogant dirty Jew
How dare he question my authority
On anything minority?
I’ve arranged for the Arab spring
Now dare you ask me such a thing?

DasObamaReich on December 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM

All God’s chee-run. Not much else you can say about that moron.

ultracon on December 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM

This is Mr. Eric Holder’s new lawyer speaking to all you NRA and Tea Party hotgas peeps. My honorable client is a totally innocent man who is being persecuted by the vast rightwing conspiracy. The honorable and always truthful Eric Holder saw nothing, he heard nothing, he knows nothing. He was not there. Because of a bad back and a recurrent sinus condition he has not even gotten up any morning since January, 2009 except with great courage to overcome the terrible pain and congestion to work with singular dedicated mind and great will power to save America from being attack by out of control Tea Party thugs and NRA hooligans. He didn’t even know America had an ATF because Republicans told him it had been abolished years ago. Nor does he even know where this Mexico continent or planet is either. If he didn’t read any purported briefings on this trivial and trumped up matter it is only because they were stolen by Republicans or he was so busy trying to disarm the Tea Party thugs and NRA hooligans and investigating Sarah Palin that he didn’t have time. If the guns don’t fit, you must acquit.

Cheshire Cat on December 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM

As evidence, I present some of the comments from the Politico piece about Stedman’s testimony…

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Heh.

Tim_CA on December 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM

“How do morons like him and Maxine Waters ever get elected?

Kimberlina on December 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM”

Simple, they tell them the white racist Tea Party Bogeymen are gonna have them swinging from trees if they have their way. Just re-elect Maxine and she will fight the fight, make everyone her district rich and put whitey in his place. It will never happen of course, Maxine takes care of Maxine.

The actual truth is, they have an extreme amount of power in their districts. Alcee Hastings an impeached judge who has no business holding public office has his hands in all the pies. You want something, Alcee will hook you up if you understand how things are done.

Africanus on December 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Heh.

Tim_CA on December 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Wish I could claim credit for that one, but it’s been around since 2008.

Supposedly the first one to notice the resemblance was Faux News’ Dennis Miller.

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM

This is just another sad example of how motivated by hate members of the media are in this country.

This Michelle Fields must really, really hate this poor man. I can’t imagine I could be so filled with hate for someone that I would attribute a statement to them that makes them appear to be a totally vapid, uneducated, ignorant, completely stupid, brainless twit.

Why didn’t she be real mean and just call him a complete ‘Tard and be gone with it.

Maybe he can sue her for defaming his cranial capacity or something.

Any lawyers on Hot Air who want to do some pro bono?

Horace on December 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM

First there’s yesterday’s NY dem that hadn’t yet heard about Fast and Furious and now this? You’d think they could make up their collective mind about what will be the daily talking point.

cpasherry on December 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Never mind this obtuse congress critter who couldn’t manage a fart in a bathroom – WHO ARE THE BLITHERING IDIOT VOTERS WHO ELECTED HIM???!!!

locomotivebreath1901 on December 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM

“manufactured controversy by the second amendment, NRA Republican tea party movement,”

So is this similar to “manufactured” homes? I’m just trying to get down to his level to figure out what he means. I’m sure I’m wasting my time though.

Conservative4Ever on December 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM

This is the same lamebrain who made the comment during a hearing that expanding the military base on Guam might “tip the island over.” What kind of voters are screwy enough to elect this guy? Must be the same kind that keep electing dems in the sewer state of Illinois.

cpasherry on December 9, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Conservative4Ever on December 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Well, to a Democrat, a word can mean whatever one wants it to mean. See Bill Clinton redefining the timeless words “is” and “sex”, or his kneepads in the Democrat Media and NOW redefining the timeless words “felony perjury”.

This is no different-after all, the “definition” of “manufactured home” can apply to several different types of homes. There are modular homes, mobile homes (totally different) and even a log home built from a kit could be considered “a manufactured home”.

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Besides the gross ignorance such a statement belies, there’s the issue that this ignorant a55hole took an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Which INCLUDES ALL THE AMENDMENTS. He speaks of 2nd Amendment supporters as if they are the enemy. That means he’s opposed to supporting the 2nd. Which he SWORE to support. IMPEACH.

rayra on December 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM

How do morons like him and Maxine Waters ever get elected?

Kimberlina on December 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

The more basic question is how do morons like him and Maxine Waters remember to breath.

Yoop on December 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Rep. Hank Johnson is not well. Some of his public statements are proof of his irrational thinking processes. The man needs help. Why aren’t his Democrat colleagues making sure he gets the help he so desperately needs? People like this scare me—a lot. I’m sure those who voted him into office would scare me also. Are people like this REAL, or are they Obots—I mean Robots?

DixT on December 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Good Lord, I am so ashamed

You’re just screwed

SnakeHips on December 9, 2011 at 5:32 PM

LMAO…

I live in Southern California.

Tim_CA on December 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Good Lord, I am so ashamed

You’re just screwed

SnakeHips on December 9, 2011 at 5:32 PM

LMAO…

I live in Southern California.

Tim_CA on December 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Beautiful there, but I feel so sorry for you. Does that make sense?

Conservative4Ever on December 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM

I

smitty41 on December 9, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Is the virtual Iranian Embassy in the same place as the English Embassy Obama told us about?

DSchoen on December 9, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Just remember, he is Cynthia McKinney’s replacement. People in the district are not too swuft [sic].

DUTCH Van Atlanta on December 9, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Dishonest scum.

CW on December 9, 2011 at 7:44 PM

This is really not such a funny thing to think that people like this actually get elected. There should be some sort of literacy test just to qualify to run for office. The alternative would be to make stupidity a felony and then “three strikes and you’re out!” Oh, but wait, prisons are already overcrowded!

Art on December 9, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Can he really be this ignorant? There has to be some method or reasoning to saying the things he says. Of course, this is the same district that had elected McKinney.

TerryW on December 9, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Beautiful there, but I feel so sorry for you. Does that make sense?

Conservative4Ever on December 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM

It makes perfect sense……and I agree.

Tim_CA on December 9, 2011 at 7:55 PM

This retard, Hank Johnson, replaced Cynthia McKinney as rep to Georgia’s 4th district. I wonder what sort of hate potion they put in the water there.

jaime on December 9, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Thanks for posting that compilation, Dolemonte.

It is helpful to occasionally see what we’re up against.

listens2glenn on December 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM

“… my people.” - Eric Holder

Seven Percent Solution on December 9, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Who elects these idjits?

Key West Reader on December 9, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Definitely needing some bleach in the gene pool.

sage0925 on December 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM

So I guess that means the Tea Party “manufactured” the killing of the border patrol agent too? Why do we have so many loons on the Hill?

californiacitizen on December 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Congressman attempts to transfer Fast and Furious blame onto NRA ‘radicals,’ the Senate — Holder obliges
Published: 12:00 AM 12/09/2011
*******************************
*******************************
(Video)

canopfor on December 9, 2011 at 7:35 AM

canopfor on December 9, 2011 at 8:56 PM

After reading about this blithering idiot Johnson, I believe anyone can become a representative in america. I just can’t figure out how there can be so many stupid frickin morons in one ward. Why don’t they drug test these ppl before they can be elected.

angrymike on December 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM

And the illuminati are also involved.

Semiteconservative on December 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM

“How do morons like him and Maxine Waters ever get elected?”

Hank Johnson replaced Cynthia McKinney. It was a trade up.

schmuck281 on December 9, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Mr. Johnson,
I heard they had so many weapons down there on that border at one time, that the entire USA had began to tip over(like Guam). That is how Fast and Furious got caught, we were tipped off. I got a tip for you to, tip off and don’t come back.

j bo on December 9, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I sometimes wonder if this isn’t too far off

dutch love on December 9, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Vis-a-vis Fast-&-Furious, Hanlon’s Razor applies: “Never ascribe to malice & conspiracy that which is adequately explained by incompetence & stupidity.”

*cough*… Though I seriously doubt that ol’ Hank ever heard of Hanlon’s Razor (or if he did, he probably figured it was one of those disposable jobs on the hooks at Walgreen’s, and he still shouldn’t be trusted to handle it without adult supervision!)…

“Cogito, ergo TEA Party!” ~ DeepWheat

DeepWheat on December 10, 2011 at 12:16 AM

JOHNSON is racist.

tx2654 on December 10, 2011 at 1:42 AM

What can be expected but this, from a guy who thinks islands float?

PerryHotter on December 10, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Someone wrote that for him. “Manufactured” has more than two syllables.

S. D. on December 10, 2011 at 8:48 AM

This ole georgia boy appears to be one ham sammich short of a picnic!

Halfinch on December 10, 2011 at 9:06 AM

He’s an elected official in the US federal government.
Making sense isn’t in his job description.

DR1579 on December 10, 2011 at 11:53 AM

And to think we mocked Alvin Greene.

Lily on December 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I’m still amazed that over 300,000 voted for a dead singer.

Conservative4Ever on December 10, 2011 at 12:34 PM

…My TSA is only being thorough
That’s why into your whitey private parts they must burrow…

DasObamaReich on December 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM

LMFAO.

Tim_CA on December 10, 2011 at 1:44 PM

So it looks like the TEA Party is now on page one of the Dem playbook… Cause you just know that some people can read as good as Mr. Telapresident and are still stuck on page one.

RalphyBoy on December 10, 2011 at 1:49 PM