Rick Perry on CNN: I’m second in the “Hot Gas” reader poll, you know

posted at 6:35 pm on December 7, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite. My memory’s hazy but, as I recall, “Hot Gas” was one of the three finalists when we sat down to name the site in early 2006. Michelle had the trump card so we ended up where we ended up, but I’ve always wondered what might have been if my personal preference had won out. Imagine it: “Gassy Air.” Five years later, Perry would have turned that into “Gassy Gas” in today’s interview, which would have been a clip for the ages. Ah well.

This is, without question, the greatest HA near-name-check of all time. And yes, for the record, Perry is indeed in second place in the new Hot Gas reader survey.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

In one of his latest ads Perry slams Obama for letting gays serve openly in the military. The ad angers myself and is not going to resonate well with independent voters. It might sell well with the fundamentalist Christians at the Iowa caucuses in a month or so, but not elsewhere. I guess that he belongs to a branch of Christianity where it is fine as long as gays serve silently and live in fear of being exposed. Perry needs to go back to Texas and reflect on his career. He might be compassionate toward illegal immigrants who choose to break our immigration laws but is still at war with people who are gay through no fault of their own.

SC.Charlie on December 9, 2011 at 7:32 AM

SC.Charlie on December 9, 2011 at 7:32 AM

I am an Independent,I am not going to be casting a vote for President based on DADT for or against. It’s not part of my criteria for President of the U.S. Ghey people are perhaps 4% of the population, and they don’t all vote, they don’t all even agree on Ghey issues.

Dr Evil on December 9, 2011 at 8:28 AM

SC.Charlie on December 9, 2011 at 7:32 AM

I think you’re twisting the facts a bit here. Treating the children of illegals who were brought here through no fault of their own with some compassion isn’t unreasonable to me. Also, some of us Christians are tired of having to keep silent about our faith, being ridiculed by the MSM, and marginalized by the government.

In addition, I just read a statement by Perry’s spokesman that Perry does not intent to repeal DADT.

NbyNW on December 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Ahh, my first comment. I choose: Go Perry!

Malachi45 on December 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM

This dude is an absolute buffoon. How do you confound Hotair with Hotgas?

milemarker2020 on December 7, 2011 at 6:40 PM

As a HS science teacher, am quite impressed that the man knows air is a (mixture of) gas!
Bravo/

Badger40 on December 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM

If Perry’s not wanting gays in the military is the reason you’re citing for perry to “go back to Texas”, you weren’t going to vote for him already.

Malachi45 on December 10, 2011 at 5:35 PM