Confirmed: “The Walking Dead” is one of conservatives’ least favorite shows
posted at 10:14 pm on December 7, 2011 by Allahpundit
Here’s the list of righties’ most loathed series via EW, citing a study by Experian-Simmons. Can I get a show of hands from our new commenters who agree that “South Park” should be on this list? Because you’re heading straight back out the door, jack.
– Weeds (Showtime): Female-centered drama, lots of drug use and a morally murky antihero help make this show the lowest-ranked series among righties.
– The Daily Show With Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report (Comedy Central): But not disliked equally. Republicans prefer Colbert between the two (maybe some pretend he’s being serious).
– South Park (Comedy Central): Aww, South Park is an equal opportunity offender! But, again, media-darling sarcastic comedies tend to be a turn-off.
– TMZ (syndication)
– General Hospital (ABC)
– Family Guy (Fox)
– Dexter (Showtime): Again, that antihero thing…
– Jersey Shore (MTV)
– The Walking Dead (AMC): Really? But it’s about the Apocalypse!
Also: Divorce Court (syndi), The Big C (Showtime), Let’s Make a Deal (CBS), Bridezillas (WE), My Fair Wedding With David Tutera (WE), Don’t Forget the Lyrics (VH1).
I’ve never seen “Dexter” but hear nothing but praise for it from friends and family so I’m going to call shenanigans on that one too. What’s the common thread in all of these? Just too smutty or gory (and too liberal, of course, in the cases of Stewart and Colbert)? You’re really missing out on “South Park”: That’s a libertarian show at heart, and as is always the case with libertarianism, there’s plenty of stuff you’re bound to love even if you’re not crazy about all of it.
Follow the link for the complete list of most and least liked shows across the ideological spectrum. Turns out the left hates “Ghost Hunters,” “Ghost Adventures,” and “The Haunted” and I watch all three of those religiously, so bear that in mind the next time you call me a candy-ass RINO. As for conservatives’ favorites, I don’t want to spoil the surprise but there is one on there that’s been in the news lately (and which I also watch religiously). Second look at the GOP as the party of science?
Breaking on Hot Air