The obligatory “Trump may still run” item

posted at 1:05 pm on November 30, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

Before you start on me in the comments, let me just begin by saying, yes… I’m as tired of writing about it as you are of reading it. But let’s face the facts. The guy knows how to get his face out there in the news and the media will still scoop it up. So, let’s see here… I’ve flipped through my Rolodex of standard one liners about Donald Trump making an independent run for POTUS and narrowed it down to:

• We’re already fired, thanks.
  • If you start this one more time I’m throwing myself off of the overpass so I can land a role on Dancing With the Cars.
  • If we really wanted a candidate whose most interesting feature is their hair, we’d say the heck with it and just go with Romney, OK?
  • We told you not to call until you got rid of the corporate jets.

That should do it. Pick whichever you care for. And now, Roll 212!

Real estate mogul and television host Donald Trump told Hotsheet Tuesday that he may enter the presidential race as an independent in May if “the right person doesn’t get nominated” by the Republican party.

“Come May, when the Celebrity Apprentice is completed, my contract to NBC is completed, I’m a free agent, as the expression goes,” he said. “I can make a decision. You know, obviously it would have to be as an independent.”

Trump said he would be forced to wait until May to enter the race because of equal time laws, which he called “ridiculous” in light of President Obama’s ability to travel the country on the taxpayer’s dime. (The law mandates that if one candidate is given time on a network, that network “shall afford equal opportunities to all other such candidates for that office in the use of such broadcasting station.”)

So, that happened.

By this point, Trump has met with pretty much everyone who has ever thought of running against Obama. I suppose not one of them have met with his demanding criteria. Or perhaps he’s just sure that he won us all over with his curious semi-support of the Occupy Wall Street movement?

Exit question: In some alternate-Narnia world where this actually happens, does Trump pull more votes from Obama or the Republican nominee? Fire away. Thread winner gets a free leftover turkey sandwich.

Comments

Comedy Relief? Trump – STFU!

Kini on November 30, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Who’d win the hair contest between trump and mitt?

lorien1973 on November 30, 2011 at 1:10 PM

OK! OK! We’ll watch The Apprentice for Pete’s sake

Uh, no.

peski on November 30, 2011 at 1:12 PM

does Trump pull more votes from Obama or the Republican nominee?

He’ll threaten to fire any employee who doesn’t vote for him, making Obama hardest hit (SAG and SEIU members).

peski on November 30, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Who cares, let ‘the donald’ spend the daylights out of his millions trying to get elected! Our home won’t be voting for him or bloomberg. BTW, never watched the apprentice and don’t want to.
L

letget on November 30, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Trumps Plan:

Get eletcted, choose Romney as VP.

On the way to the WH after the inauguration, fire Romney, name ‘Cuda as VP, then resign.

Re-direct limo to National Airport, take his plane to NY for first episode of new show….”You’re Fired, Mr. Vice President”

[if you're going to fantasize, make it a good one]

BobMbx on November 30, 2011 at 1:22 PM

You still have leftover turkey? What kind of bread?

Fallon on November 30, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Watched a few episodes of the Celebrity Apprentice this year because John Rich was on, and damned if he didn’t win it. Can’t stand Trump, of course, but his daughter, who stars on the show, is hawwwtttt!

TXUS on November 30, 2011 at 1:26 PM

alternate-Narnia

Hee hee, I see what you did there!

RushBaby on November 30, 2011 at 1:28 PM

You’re fired…up and ready to go!

Christien on November 30, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Who’d win the hair contest between trump and mitt?

lorien1973 on November 30, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Have you ever seen their hair in the same place at the same time?

neuquenguy on November 30, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Meanwhile, he has missed about every cut-off to be placed on any ballot…but he still may run…one thing about Trump, he picks some hotties for his wives and “friends”…

right2bright on November 30, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Jazz…

… Why did you use a picture of Donald’s’ “O!” face?

Seven Percent Solution on November 30, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Whata putz.

FlatFoot on November 30, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Trump, schmump. Make it Sarah and I’m in.

J.E. Dyer on November 30, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Oh puleeeze Donald, STFU. You don’t have what it takes to withstand the rigors of the LSM, and your thuggery is just as blatant as Teh One’s.

belad on November 30, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Who’d win the hair rug contest between trump and mitt?

lorien1973 on November 30, 2011 at 1:10 PM