Brutal new Ron Paul ad: You people can’t seriously be thinking of nominating Gingrich

posted at 6:37 pm on November 30, 2011 by Allahpundit

Ron Paul: Wrong about many things, but not everything.

You’ll be pleased to know that even Mitt Romney is now questioning Newt’s “conservative credentials,” and not implausibly. I don’t mind telling you: My despair over the state of the race is driving me to consider … dark possibilities. Don’t make me do something I don’t want to do.

Update: A thought experiment from Dan Foster: What if Gingrich had spent the past six years running for president and entered the primaries as the “inevitable” nominee, and then Bachmann, Perry, and Cain had all imploded? Would Romney now be surging on the strength of anti-Newt sentiment? If not, why not?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Don’t make me do something I don’t want to do.

Write-in campaign for Jacques Huntsman! Woo!

Punchenko on November 30, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Paul’s trying for the Iranian voters.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2011 at 6:40 PM

ouch…

lexhamfox on November 30, 2011 at 6:41 PM

I trust Gingrich to govern more conservatively than Romney.

It’s that simple.

portlandon on November 30, 2011 at 6:41 PM

“You people can’t seriously be thinking of nominating Gingrich”

Nope, and not seriously thinking of nominating you EITHER Ron.

RealMc on November 30, 2011 at 6:42 PM

You used Ed Shultz in an attack ad against a Republican? You lost me there Paul.

brewcrew67 on November 30, 2011 at 6:42 PM

This is the new front runner. he should be in jail by his own standards. By the time Obama is done with Newt at the next election, nobody will touch him.

This guy took millions from Freddie Mac while it was going under. HE IS THE PROBLEM with the housing market. How the hell is he going to fight Obama on the economy.

I really need to have what these so-called true conservatives are smoking, cus they have all lost their minds.

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Paul’s trying for the Iranian voters.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2011 at 6:40 PM

That or he wants Rand to run in 2016.

Punchenko on November 30, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Dude, I’ll vote for Perry before Huntsman. Department of Energy and all.

Nethicus on November 30, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Yes Ron Paul. Slash the viable candidates so that Obama can win. I once thought RP was just odd, but I now suspect that RP is willing to suicide bomb the GOP if he doesn’t win. RP was thinking of calling Newt a Jew, but thought that too offensive.

andy85719 on November 30, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Man, that is brutal.

rockmom on November 30, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Romney lost last night on Special Report. Sorry. :-(

Punchenko on November 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

I trust Gingrich to govern more conservatively than Romney.

It’s that simple.

portlandon on November 30, 2011 at 6:41 PM

That All I expect him to do. I cant vote for him in primary but I will hold my nose in the general. Cant even do that for romney.

Silverwolf on November 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Do all Beta males look for Beta males as their leaders..?

d1carter on November 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

I trust Gingrich

portlandon on November 30, 2011 at 6:41 PM

You and his first two wives….

FloatingRock on November 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

dark possibilities. Don’t make me do something I don’t want to do.

Yes, let’s stay away from the RINO hypocrite Newt Gingrich.

Let’s instead nominate the Obama Administration employee who supported cap-and-trade, thought the stimulus was too small, and mocked global warming skeptics.

Much better.

amerpundit on November 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

he wants Rand to run in 2016.

Punchenko on November 30, 2011 at 6:42 PM

same amount of loon, just twice as smart

Doctor Zhivago on November 30, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I don’t get the anti-Newt strain in you, Allah.

Want to know why he resonates?

Because for decades, conservatism has been represented by either people that couldn’t explain it (W, Palin) or people who were contemptuous of it (H.W., Dole, McCain).

How many times did you scream at McCain to “SAY SOMETHING” during the debates?

Now here comes Newt. And here is a man, who, for all his faults, was with the Reagan revolution, balanced the budget, got a liberal democrat president to reform welfare AND to lower tax rates (in the 2nd term no less for the tax deals), and gosh darn it, Newt EXPLAINS things clearly.

I’m tired of waiting to cringe in a debate. You asked why Perry has no traction? ‘Cause Perry comes across as an idiot.

Now here’s Newt. He’s had a billion ideas. Why not. But when push came to shove, he CHOSE to do CONSERVATIVE things in the midst of a liberal democratic president. Romney on the other hand, chose to enact Obamacare 1.0. (Paul, all the while, was stocking up on duct tape and copies of the ‘turner diaries’)

Newt is no saint but gosh he is someone to be EXCITED to hear. I haven’t watched hannity in ages, and I’m watching tonight — one hour of NEWT!

highway64 on November 30, 2011 at 6:45 PM

You could make an ad like that about anybody, and worse ones about Romney and Paul. But what the anti-Gingrich campaign doesn’t fully realize is how much people have factored in Gingrich’s past.

rrpjr on November 30, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Let me explain my Gingrich is better than Romney, or Huntsman, or McCain, or Dole, or even either of the Bushes.

Gingrich actually understands the conservative viewpoint. I can’t guarantee that, in his heart, he embraces them. But he does more than parrot conservatives; he can actually articulate the underlying principles and arguments.

Now, he’s obviously not an across the board conservative, but given that no nominee since Reagan has been able to articulate conservative ideas to the masses, there is a strong chance that he’s the best we’ve had in decades.

Nessuno on November 30, 2011 at 6:48 PM

You and his first two wives….

FloatingRock on November 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Third times the charm.

portlandon on November 30, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Man, that is brutal.

rockmom on November 30, 2011 at 6:43 PM

All his own words. Newt Gingrich is way worse than anybody in this race. I still can;t believe you people…

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Newt brought back the GOP in ’94. Nuff said.

Punchenko on November 30, 2011 at 6:48 PM

amerpundit on November 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

His economic plan is sweet!

Allahpundit on November 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Reminder:

Ron Paul voted against Paul Ryan’s landmark reform budget. He joined such conservative stalwarts as Snowe and Collins.

amerpundit on November 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Harsh harsh harsh. But I do cut him some slack for the Pelosi loveseat misfire. He made that ad waaaay before Hide the Decline broke loose.

John the Libertarian on November 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Even Rush Limbaugh cannot explain Newt Gingrich….lol.

I am still waiting for somebody to give a recommendation on the new stuff you guys are smoking…

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 6:50 PM

HaHaHa.

Pathetic. Guilty of all the things people claim about Romney… and also of being a philander, serial adulterer, piss-poor family man, career politician, millionaire lobbyist, Freddie Mac hack, Washington Insdier retread, and being corrupt and ethically challenged.

swamp_yankee on November 30, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Ron Paul: Wrong about many things, but not everything.

I’d rather have a President who is inconsistent but competent than one who’s consistent but nuts.

calbear on November 30, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Your use of ‘you people’ sounds awfully like a racist and/or religious slur to me.
How very insensitive of you.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2011 at 6:51 PM

His economic plan is sweet!

Allahpundit on November 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Until it changes when the polls do.

amerpundit on November 30, 2011 at 6:51 PM

So, since Paul is not going to be our nominee, and he likely knows this, do we conclude then that Paul wants Romney to win?

Actually, I think Paulfans would rather have Obama, which is unnerving as hell, and is why I am a libertarian and a conservative and not a Paul supporter.

Hannibal Smith on November 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Seriously, Allah? Paco Huntsman? Or you’re going to write someone in? Yeah, I don’t think so! Besides, you voted for McCain, didn’t you? Explain to me exactly how Gingrich is that much MORE objectionable than McCain.

cynccook on November 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM

No, because in that case Romney would be ONLY known as “the republican who invented Obamacare” so Mitt would be polling at Perry/Huntsman “asterik” levels.

highway64 on November 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM

His economic plan is sweet!

Allahpundit on November 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM

The heck with all of this. Who is your cat supporting in race-or doesn’t she have a dog in this hunt?

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Awesome. And right on the money (pardon the pun).

Gingrich is not the solution. He’s part of the problem. Anybody who votes for him is part of the problem.

Of course, RP is cuckoo for cocoa puffs, so this doesn’t help his chances of getting the nomination. But it’s still an awesome takedown of a serial hypocrite. Thanks, RP! Just for that, you get ten minutes out of your straitjacket today.

Splashman on November 30, 2011 at 6:53 PM

AP:

Newt put together the Contract with America and had success with it.

Romney put together Romneycare, the precursor to Obamacare. And he stands by it!

At least Newt agreed his Bench with Pelosi stint was a colossal error.

Nethicus on November 30, 2011 at 6:54 PM

How very insensitive of you.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2011 at 6:51 PM

You can go straight to hell then…and maybe you can take the cheating and corrupt Newt with you.

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 6:54 PM

That was painful. Good ad, but painful that we have sunk so low.

This doesn’t help Ron Paul because sooner or later a candidate for president has to actually talk and then Paul gets into real trouble.

Paul, Newt, Romney, Perry, Cain?

Is this really it? We’re not being punked here are we? Is this really all we have to choose from?

Of that sad crew, Newt is the best choice.

sharrukin on November 30, 2011 at 6:54 PM

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE.

blatantblue on November 30, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Sigh. This nomination campaign is just so sickeningly dispiriting.

Apologetic California on November 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I’d rather take my Jewish azz to Palestine(Texas).

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Romney on the other hand, chose to enact Obamacare 1.0.

highway64 on November 30, 2011 at 6:45 PM

ouch!!!

picklesgap on November 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Ron Paul’s ideas in someone else’s body!!

SouthernGent on November 30, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Reminder:

amerpundit on November 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM

The same reform which Gingrich demagogued as “right-wing social engineering”??

OK, then.

Norwegian on November 30, 2011 at 6:57 PM

swamp_yankee on November 30, 2011 at 6:50 PM

That’s what I don’t get. Obama must be toasting champagne in the WH right about now. You will never see one ad from them in the primary against Newt. Even Barney Frank, the esteemed moron from MA said today that he didn’t know he had done enough good in his lifetime, for him to see Newt as the front runner in the election.

I really need to have what the so-called true conservatives are smoking.

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Newt will eviscerate odumbo during any debates…. that is, if odumbo is stupid enough to debate him. Romney, et. al. are incapable of it. Including RP!

ultracon on November 30, 2011 at 6:58 PM

John the Libertarian on November 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Oh puh-lease. As if the only problem with the AGW religion is the falsified data on which it’s based?

The goal of the AGW apologists is increased governmental power — which is Gingrich’s goal as well. He’s a typical slimy big-government Republican. Not a conservative.

Splashman on November 30, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Allah might joke about it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he really is a fan of RINO Huntsman.

Which tells me more about Allah than it does Huntsman.

Norwegian on November 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Heh, me and allah=soul mates, man! I said on the the other thread I was so sick of this mess I am ready to chuck it all and throw in with Basil Huntsman.

juliesa on November 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM

andy85719 on November 30, 2011 at 6:43 PM

As a member of the effete intellectual party for decades, always remember that Libertarians would rather be correct than elected.

Politics is a game of choices. You never get the perfect candidate, but if you’re lucky you can have the better one.

The only guy I trust less than Rommney is Huntsman. Newt knows what he’s talking about.

But Obama won’t play on the basis of knowledge, or anything rational. The Obama 2012 campaign, if there is one, will be emotional and really Chicago dirty. (See Cain’s women problem.)

CrazyGene on November 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I’m sorry, but I’m not buying Ron Paul. Nope, Not Gonna!

Kini on November 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM

The same reform which Gingrich demagogued as “right-wing social engineering”??

OK, then.

Norwegian on November 30, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Game, set, and match.

Splashman on November 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM

cynccook on November 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM

McCain never took millions from Freddie Mac. he never advocated for a mandate. He never made a campaign commercial with Pelosi. Are you seriously this dumb?

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM

That was a mean ad by Ron Paul’s Team..:)

Dire Straits on November 30, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Perry 2012. I haven’t wavered. If he doesn’t win the nomination may he return home and build the fence. Along the north east and west borders of Texas.

Marcus on November 30, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Turn away from your fascination with Snidely Huntsman’s darkness, Allah. There is a North Star out there just waiting to light the way…

Fallon on November 30, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I don’t believe Allah is serious about giving Huntsman a second thought. Huntsman is obviously just as slimy as the others. I think that’s just his way of making a point. To wit: “All of these candidates are absolutely pathetic.”

Splashman on November 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Splashman on November 30, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Romney backed cap and trade as well.

And…

sharrukin on November 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Jon Huntsman has always been strongly pro-life, pro-gun and is the most economically conservative of all the candidates. Moreover, he fought for vouchers and took on the teacher’s union. That’s no rino.

IR-MN on November 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Dude, you make it so easy.

See also:

Aw heck:

cynccook on November 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Ron Paul cannot win the GOP nomination and he knows it. He’s only out to weaken every other GOP candidate. It’s disgusting.

Scrappy on November 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Remember all the buzz a few months ago about how satisfied everyone was with the field?

Good times.

Fezzik on November 30, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Along the north east and west borders of Texas.

Marcus on November 30, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Excellent.

juliesa on November 30, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Splashman on November 30, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Lots of people fell for the hysteria. T-Paw was one of them. Romney continues to be.

John the Libertarian on November 30, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Wednesday, January 22, 1997:

The Republican House voted overwhelmingly yesterday to reprimand House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and order him to pay an unprecedented $300,000 penalty, the first time in the House’s 208-year history it has disciplined a speaker for ethical wrongdoing.

The ethics case and its resolution leave Gingrich with little leeway for future personal controversies, House Republicans said. Exactly one month before yesterday’s vote, Gingrich admitted that he brought discredit to the House and broke its rules by failing to ensure that financing for two projects would not violate federal tax law and by giving the House ethics committee false information.

“Newt has done some things that have embarrassed House Republicans and embarrassed the House,” said Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-Mich.). “If [the voters] see more of that, they will question our judgment.”

haner on November 30, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Marcus on November 30, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I’m still a Perry supporter as well.
He crosses me as a mensch.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Romney never backed cap and trade like Newt. He vetoed a cap and trdade bill as governor.

But some short bus members of the GOP cant tell the difference between statements on AGW and Cap & Trade.

Is it a coicidence that all the short bus members of the GOP coalition are part of the Anyone But Romney coalition.

I think not.

swamp_yankee on November 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Ron Paul, demonstrating he can play a little hardball.

Yes, I think this will be quite amusing. Quite amusing indeed.

JohnGalt23 on November 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Sigh. This nomination campaign is just so sickeningly dispiriting.

Apologetic California on November 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM

That was painful. Good ad, but painful that we have sunk so low.

Of that sad crew, Newt is the best choice.

sharrukin on November 30, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Do you know why it is so painful? It’s because you can see what is coming in the general. Obama will beat Newt like a drum in the general. Can you imagine the ads they will run?

Remember that none of us has touched his marital problems, but wait till the unions start with him in the general. Do you think they will leave it alone. You those black and white ads, with an actor depicting newt in the hospital room with the divorce settlement in his hand? How he cheating on 2 of his wives, with his secretary who he later married. By the time they are done with him, we will be begging for Herman Cain.

Romney may be a flip flopper, but Newt is Romney on steroids, plus the millions from Freddie Mac and the lobbying.

I don’t blame you for feeling dispirited. I only want to know what you people are smoking, cus it will be nice to live in an alternate reality for a while who there are unicorns and ponies. Where conservatives think Newt Gingrich can win a general election in America.

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Igor is not far behind.

andy85719 on November 30, 2011 at 7:08 PM

When I look at this GOP field I don’t get mad at any of them. I get mad at Ryan, Christie, Daniels, etc.

Mark1971 on November 30, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Scrappy on November 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Your evidence of this is…???

JohnGalt23 on November 30, 2011 at 7:09 PM

So who’s on next week on HA’s Let’s All Hate On The Front Runner?

John the Libertarian on November 30, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Romney backed cap and trade as well.

sharrukin on November 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM

John the Libertarian on November 30, 2011 at 7:05 PM

You guys must be assuming I’m backing Romney? I’m not. He’s just as slimy as the rest.

And keep in mind Huntsman’s pandering on AGW. What a tool.

Splashman on November 30, 2011 at 7:10 PM

This assumes that there is a natural “not Newt” voting block out there the way there is for Romney. The only way this makes sense is if you assume that anti-Romney sentiment is because he’s been running so long. In reality, it’s because of the flip flops and Romney care and insider status and….

Newt was low until recently because he opened his campaign with a pretty serious flub by going after the Ryan plan. There’s no strong antipathy towards him.

Nessuno on November 30, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Jennifer Rubin also went after Newt this morning as well:

Was Gingrich a lobbyist? He sure comes off that way.

Excerpt:

The real issue is that Gingrich’s maneuvering with a high-priced lawyer to try to get around the rules for everyone else is precisely the sort of Washington-insider behavior that drives voters, especially Tea Partyers, nuts. Stepping back from the particulars of the law, Gingrich made millions and millions advocating for big government (e.g. Freddie Mac, ethanol, Big Pharma) and getting very rich doing so.

sheryl on November 30, 2011 at 7:10 PM

No, not at all, because Mitt is so risk-averse that he generates no enthusiasm whatsoever, even with those resigned to his inevitability as the nominee.

The only reason that conservatives are giving Newt a listen at this point is his ability to slice and dice interviewers and debate moderators, both of whom do more making accusations than asking non-rhetorical questions (e.g. Maria “Gold-Digger” Bartiromo).

He absolutely bitch-slaps them and handing a poor, dumb journalist his or her head makes him lovable.

Mitt Romney wouldn’t even endorse the Paul Ryan budget vote earlier this year.

The list goes on and on.

Newt has made more than his share of mistakes, but I think that he is willing to admit them and, I hope, learn from them.

Time will tell.

I may still vote for Ron Paul or Rick Perry.

But I won’t vote for Mitt under any circumstances.

molonlabe28 on November 30, 2011 at 7:11 PM

That was a mean ad by Ron Paul’s Team..:)

Dire Straits on November 30, 2011 at 7:00 PM

They just used all his own words…all of them. Everything in that ad was said by Gingrich, except for the commentators reading news reports.

if you think that is mean, wait till the unions and Obama start with him in the general. What you are doing here is the ostrich strategy. Burying your head in the sand and assuming everything will be Ok. How delusional.

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Nice, it stings because it’s true. Looks like anyone wanting a real Man’s man will now be forced to vote for…
ATTILA THE HUNTSMAN!!!!</strong>

abobo on November 30, 2011 at 7:12 PM

The same reform which Gingrich demagogued as “right-wing social engineering”??

OK, then.

Norwegian on November 30, 2011 at 6:57 PM

And? My point was that Paul isn’t exactly the guy conservatives are looking for, either. He’s jockeying to be that guy.

I’ve never claimed Gingrich to be perfect. Just better than the alternative.

amerpundit on November 30, 2011 at 7:12 PM

brb need to step out for a shot of Valu-Rite. I am finding myself agreeing with Chudi.

juliesa on November 30, 2011 at 7:13 PM

I hate’m all, but if Newt is gonna drive the internet trolls insane, then Newt’s my guy. I’d vote for him, hell I’d pay money to see chaos break out. Burn, baby, burn. Burn it all down.

Skandia Recluse on November 30, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Don’t make me do something I don’t want to do.

My name is Indigo Montoya Huntsman…

… you killed my father, prepare to die!

Seven Percent Solution on November 30, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Newt has a Lifetime ACU Rating of 94%

Ron Paul voted AGAINST the Ryan Plan

jp on November 30, 2011 at 7:13 PM

I trust Gingrich to govern more conservatively than Romney.

It’s that simple.

portlandon on November 30, 2011 at 6:41 PM

I didn’t get her. He fizzled quickly, followed by pizza man–no deliver.
So whether I like it or not newts are better than oil slicks.

arnold ziffel on November 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM

So who’s on next week on HA’s Let’s All Hate On The Front Runner Sleazy Pseudo-Conservative?

John the Libertarian on November 30, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Fixed it for ya.

Splashman on November 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Scrappy on November 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Paul cannot weaken a strong candidate by using the candidate’s own words. Have you considered that Newt is probably a fatally flawed candidate. He is the Christine O’Donnell of this race.

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Romney never backed cap and trade like Newt.

swamp_yankee on November 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM

“Governor Mitt Romney signaled his support yesterday for a regional agreement among Northeastern states to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, despite opposition from power companies and other business interests that have been lobbying the administration against the plan. In opening remarks to a clean-energy conference in Boston, Romney said the first-of-its-kind agreement, under which Massachusetts and eight other states could be required to cut power plant emissions by 2020, will not hurt the economy, as some have charged. He argued that it would spur businesses to develop clean — and renewable-energy technology to market worldwide. ‘This is a great thing for the Commonwealth,’ Romney said, his strongest endorsement of the pact to date.

And…

Romney In 2003: “Now Is The Time To Take Action Toward Climate Protection … Our Joint Work To Create A Flexible Market-Based Regional Cap And Trade System Could Serve As An Effective Approach To Meeting These Goals.”

sharrukin on November 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM

No candidate has more negative baggage than this guy.

Nobody.

WisCon on November 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Chudi on November 30, 2011 at 7:08 PM

So your saying that Romney is a flip-flopper, Newt is worse, and Cain is a punchline…so Perry it is?

Fezzik on November 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Splashman on November 30, 2011 at 7:10 PM

You are right. The field is as dismal as we have ever seen.

When we need the best, we get the worst.

sharrukin on November 30, 2011 at 7:16 PM

rrpjr on November 30, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Exactly – I wish someone would take Paul seriously enough to make ads against him and destroy him for good.

jp on November 30, 2011 at 7:16 PM

No candidate has more negative baggage than this guy.

Nobody.

WisCon on November 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Paul does, by a Mile. Its just not widely known.

jp on November 30, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Hannibal Smith on November 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM

No. There are probably some that would end up voting for Obama. But, for the majority of Paul supporters, Obama is untouchable.

I know some who held their nose in ’08 and voted for Obama (for his Iraq war stance). He reneged on the one promise that got their votes. I, on the other hand, took the responsible route and didn’t vote.

gyrmnix on November 30, 2011 at 7:17 PM

That is unfair and violates one of Reagan’s most important admonitions for those he left behind: don’t stab your brother in the back. Paul is NOT going to win the momination. This was uncalled for.

JustTruth101 on November 30, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Romney never backed cap and trade like Newt.

swamp_yankee on November 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Newt never backed it either, its one of many lies circulating about him.

jp on November 30, 2011 at 7:18 PM

And…

sharrukin on November 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM

What an idiot. Romney pulled Massachusetts out that plan. MA never joined RGGI. He was a governor. He did his due diligence. Looked at pros and cons. AND SAID NO.

Only an idiot would try to use that against him.

swamp_yankee on November 30, 2011 at 7:19 PM

JustTruth101 on November 30, 2011 at 7:18 PM

No it’s not and neither was Romney canned attack ad on Perry. If it stings, that’s because it’s supposed to.

abobo on November 30, 2011 at 7:20 PM