Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on November 29, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Herman Cain has been making phone calls to individual supporters to ask for their advice on how to proceed in the presidential race.

“Those calls come in addition to the conference call his campaign held Tuesday morning, on which Cain told a large group of listeners that he is ‘reassessing’ his plans for the 2012 campaign.”

***

“As you probably heard yesterday, a troubled Atlanta business woman used national media outlets to promulgate a fabricated, unsubstantiated story about a 13 year affair with me. I am writing you today to assure you that this woman’s story is completely false…

“[N]ow I am asking for your friendship. I am also asking for your prayers and support. This is a trying time for my family, my campaign, and for me. It is also a trying time for our country as we are all distracted from the truly important issues facing our nation.

“This evening I have an important speaking engagement at Hillsdale College in Hillsdale, Michigan, where I will be outlining my foreign policy and national security plan. While recent events have taken a toll on me, the people in the audience this evening will not know it. I will deliver my message with vigor and enthusiasm.

“Let me assure you, I am not deterred. America’s future is too important. We will continue on this journey to make America great once again.”

***

“A growing number of prominent conservatives are abandoning Herman Cain, saying a Georgia woman’s claim that she had a 13-year affair with the Republican candidate has effectively doomed his presidential bid

“‘The allegation is one that could upend his presidential campaign,’ Huckabee said in a Fox News interview. ‘Unlike the harassment charges, which he denied, he said this was a private answer. In essence, he may have given an answer that will be very difficult for him to work himself out of.’

“Conservative radio host Laura Ingraham – who initially called the disclosure that Cain had been accused of harassment an attempt to ‘put this man in … the back of the bus’ – said on Fox Tuesday that the 2012 race had ‘passed him by.’

“‘The campaign seems to have passed Herman Cain by, right? He’s slipped precipitously in pretty much every poll,’ Ingraham said, adding that Cain ‘never really set up the kind of organization’ needed to win the Republican presidential nomination.”

***

“The latest twist in the Herman Cain campaign saga is an abrupt cancellation of a private New York City dinner with some high-profile members of the media, according to a report by NY1.

“The network reported that the former Godfather’s Pizza CEO now running for the Republican nomination for President was supposed to meet with guests, including Barbara Walters, Matt Lauer, Bill O’Reilly, Lesley Stahl, Sen. Chuck Schumer and Greta Van Susteren at the Park Avenue apartment of New York Post columnist Cindy Adams this Sunday…

“Political analyst Hank Sheinkopf said it doesn’t even matter if the allegations are true or false because they have become a distraction that Cain cannot overcome.

“‘It makes it impossible for him to continue because the only thing he can answer is the allegations. He can’t talk about national policy. He can’t talk about his plans, the only thing he can talk about is sex,’ Sheinkopf told CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer.”

***

“Newt Gingrich stands to benefit if Herman Cain were to withdraw or lose support in the Republican presidential race, according to a Public Policy Poll released on Tuesday.

“Gingrich has a much better favorability rating with Cain supporters than does Mitt Romney. Seventy-three percent of Cain supporters view Gingrich favorably, while only 33 percent have a favorable view of Romney.

“Gingrich is also the consensus second choice among Cain voters, with 37 percent saying Gingrich would be their back-up to Cain, compared to 14 percent for Michele Bachmann, 13 percent for Romney, and 12 percent for Rick Perry.”

***

“Mr. Cain: you do NOT run for President in these times unless you are serious about it. It’s flat-out apparent now that you aren’t, weren’t, and never will be. A serious candidate would have released all the dirt on himself before any of it dripped-dripped-dripped out.

“But hey, you never thought that your con to sell your books would actually spark, did you? You never thought that good, decent, hard-working American people would actually believe what you said. Now here you are, trapped like a lying fly in amber, hoping to get the big brass ring without any other dirt coming out on you.

“All you are doing is playing your friends, your supporters, and some of my very good friends for your own fame and glory. And drinking parties. Yes – you drink like a fish, you flirt all over the place, and everyone who’s attended CPAC knows it. Nothing wrong with partying. Unless you lie about it. And try to deceive the public about it. If you want to be the American-Tea-Party Berlusconi, then be up front about it, don’t be a damned coward.

“You should be ashamed of yourself.”

***

“Lori Klein, an Arizona state Senator and Cain’s Arizona state chairman, told CBS News she stands by Cain.

“She says she has known him for 12 years and he’s ‘never been anything but a gentlemen – and I am not an unattractive woman.’

“Klein suggested that if Cain is innocent he should sue White for libel and went on to attack the media for digging up the allegations. She also said that in politics, ‘we want a virgin to do a hooker’s job.’”

***

“He’s unelectable.”

***

Skip ahead to 2:45.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

The GOP will betray you

True_King on November 29, 2011 at 10:45 PM

‘we want a virgin to do a hooker’s job.’”

Excellent quote..:)..I am so stealing this..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 10:47 PM

She also said that in politics, ‘we want a virgin to do a hooker’s job.’”

But what if the virgin..blows your mind?
Just lucky?

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 10:49 PM

True_King on November 29, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Truer words never spoken. F*k GOP!

promachus on November 29, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Our minds are thinking alike..The Force is with us!!..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 10:51 PM

promachus on November 29, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Good Bye and Good Luck..Don’t let the door hit you on the way out..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 10:52 PM

GaltBlvnAtty on November 29, 2011 at 10:53 PM

True_King on November 29, 2011 at 10:45 PM

promachus on November 29, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Your contributions, as always, are as helpful and enlightening as they are relevant.

KingGold on November 29, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Don’t you have some Jews to hate?

MadisonConservative on November 29, 2011 at 10:54 PM

American politics is a contact sport, James Carville.

Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 10:54 PM

O/T
====

Mayor: Children living at Occupy LA sparked eviction order – @LANow
14 Min.ago
Hot
Update
========

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Ugh. Last comment directed at:

True_King on November 29, 2011 at 10:45 PM

MadisonConservative on November 29, 2011 at 10:54 PM

The GOP will betray you

True_King on November 29, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Like they say: Players only love you when they’re playing.

cynccook on November 29, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I don’t know which is worse : the thought that the allegations are true or that they are false.

txmomof6 on November 29, 2011 at 10:58 PM

GaltBlvnAtty on November 29, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Oh c’mon. Even Cain is ready to hop off the Cain Train.

cynccook on November 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Cain should apologize and withdraw. He’s made Republicans look like morons.

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Don’t you have some Jews to hate?

MadisonConservative on November 29, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Hmmm…. Is that how it is?

cynccook on November 29, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I feel bad for Cain. I think he’s being railroaded.
Bachmann is still one of my favs, as well as Newt.
I haven’t made up my mind about anyone, yet.

Kini on November 29, 2011 at 11:00 PM

It’s time for the Cain Train to detach its coal tender. Miller’s right – the guy’s completely unelectable now. Before this nonsense, he had a chance. He was likable and charming, and spoke the language of business.

Now, he’s been reduced to a mack-daddy caricature and being buried by scandal after scandal. Makes me glad I stuck by my rule – “Never give any money until the nomination is set.”

KingGold on November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM

This is truly heartbreaking. I feel like it is 2008 and I have a choice between Mitt Romney or John McCain sh*t sandwich, with Huckabee playing the weenie in the middle.
Somebody pass the slurpie.

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Cain should apologize and withdraw. He’s made Republicans look like morons.

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:00 PM

You think Romney and Bachmann needed help with that?

gryphon202 on November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM

If he didn’t do it……then he should fight!!

PappyD61 on November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM

cynccook on November 29, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Classic song from a Classic LP performed by a Classic band..A true Classic..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Kini on November 29, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I agree Kini..I take no pleasure in this..:(

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Unless….someone provides a Smoking little Black dress……..

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:04 PM

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Hello HS..Looks like Gary Johnson is going to be the last man standing!!??!!..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I have not been on the Cain train, but I have to say: We convict our candidates pretty quickly. GaltBlvnAtty on November 29, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Oh please, the Cain candidacy had proved that Republicans are not much different than Democrats when it comes to denying the obvious. She has 61 phone calls to and from him on her cell phone and he’s sent her money. At what point do you get a clue?

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Not done. Don’t let the media push you out Cain! Stand on your feet and offer your solutions for this nation. Thanks to Cain, we are talking about tax reform and bold reforms to social security. Thanks to Cain, we can see who really are the amnesty shills. Thanks to Cain, candidates are talking about cutting off money going to hostile regimes overseas.

There’s only one reason they have gone after Cain in the way they have: He doesn’t fit the template. He’s a true outsider. A black man who didn’t come out of segregation with a chip on his shoulder, but rather worked his way up the top of the corporate ladder. He survived cancer and what’s do right by his grand kids by setting the ship of state right in this country.

Everyone wants to focus on the negatives, but how quickly we forget why he was leading in the polls. He has a great story, is a great speaker, and is bold. He was the first to call out the Occupy Movement for what it was. He is the only candidate still touting the Tea Party. I like what he brings to the table and I am glad he’s running for the nomination. It’s good for this party and it’s a shame people are so quick to ingratiate themselves with the Left and the media and kick this man to the curb. Stay in Cain!

milemarker2020 on November 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Classic song from a Classic LP performed by a Classic band..A true Classic..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM

:-D I can’t get too worked up over this Cain business, I mean it’s pretty much all been over for a while now, hasn’t it? I just feel for the man’s poor wife. Even if these allegations aren’t true or have been exaggerated, how awful for her to have to deal with it.

cynccook on November 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM

If he didn’t do it……then he should fight!!

PappyD61 on November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM

PappyD61:That sounds alot like Capt’n McCain Queeg speak!:)
(Sarc).

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Unless….someone provides a Smoking little Black dress……..

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I thought we were looking for a blue dress with a stain!!..:):)(lol)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Herman Cain is responsible for the Cain Train derailment.
Perry is responsible for the Perry fiasco.
Bachmann is responsible for the Crazy-eye meme.
Romney is responsible for the flip-flopping tag.
Ron Paul is responsible for the nutty label.

They brought the ammunition that was used by the media to take pot shots at them.

sharrukin on November 29, 2011 at 11:06 PM

cynccook on November 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM

You make a good point..

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM

gryphon202 on November 29, 2011 at 11:07 PM

txmomof6 on November 29, 2011 at 10:58 PM

It probably doesn’t matter anymore.
I like Cain. I don’t know him but I can relate.
I am a entrepreneur…not at the scale of Cain..but maybe soon.
I have never stepped out of my marriage with my wife of 20 years.
But with the proper twist..there are many things in my past that could be twisted into questionable behavior.
My wife knows the truth though. That is all that matters. But running for president…does the masses know you like your wife?

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:09 PM

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I heard he was in the ER recently…seems he choked on his own bong water, DS.

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:11 PM

People who have the audacity to run for President should know significantly more than the general public. People who don’t know the meaning of common terms like right of return and neocon are eminently not qualified.

As I said at the time, it was obvious he was not who he claimed he was when he lied about the settlements of the sexual harassment cases.

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Yes, questionable behavior includes paying a woman, texting her in the middle of the night, and doing all sorts of other things. I once worked for an elected official who refused to sit in a room alone with a woman without the door open so as to avoid charges like this.

See, it is not an impossible dream to be free from charges. It just requires a character trait that many men had in the past and few have today. Something that helped make America stronger and is now allowing America to perpetually decline.

astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 11:12 PM

milemarker2020 on November 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM

He was done three weeks ago. Look on the bright side: Glenn Beck says Rick Santorum is the next George Washington! :-D

Punchenko on November 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I heard he was in the ER recently…seems he choked on his own bong water, DS.

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:11 PM

LoL..I think he could double for Harrison Ford..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM

2012 Election NightMare/2008 Déjà vu/Redo Part II!!

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:16 PM

You almost seem as though you hadn’t made up your mind about Cain before this hit. Almost. gryphon202 on November 29, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Sarcasm noted. Yes, I had made up my mind long ago. Nice man but totally unqualified. It’s been distressing watching Republicans twist themselves in knots defending someone who was obviously not qualified – while going overboard attacking someone who is obviously qualified.

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:19 PM

@JesseRodriguez
Gingrich on Cain: It’s a very difficult situation for his family.. I hope that he reaches whatever the right decision for them.’
5 Hrs.ago
Update
=======

2 New Hampshire state representatives leave Cain, now supporting Gingrich; 2 others may follow – WMUR’s @JamesPindell
6 Hrs.ago
Update
=======

GOP candidate Herman Cain cancels private dinner with media elite in New York City planned for Sunday – @NY1headlines
6 Hrs.ago
Update
======

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM

2012 Election NightMare/2008 Déjà vu/Redo Part II!!

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Feels like it, Canada. Like we allowed the media to pick our candidate or something.
The same candidate endorsed by the likes of Meghan McCain.

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I heard he was in the ER recently…seems he choked on his own bong water, DS.

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:11 PM

I heard he was considering running on the libertarian ticket.

Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM

2012 Election NightMare/2008 Déjà vu/Redo Part II!!

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Transparency 33 1/2 – The final Blow.

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 11:23 PM

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:04 PM
I thought we were looking for a blue dress with a stain!!..:):)(lol)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Dire Straits:Lol,ya know,if the latest one,is a Republican,I’m
leaning,more to a red frock,er dress!:)

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Cain doesn’t need affairs to sabotage his campaign. He’s been repeatedly shooting himself in the foot almost since the beginning. Depressingly unprepared. I wish it weren’t the case, because the alternatives are not that great.

Dongemaharu on November 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Cain was done in the Lincoln-Douglass debate with Newt. All these allegations do nothing for me.

John the Libertarian on November 29, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I heard he was in the ER recently…seems he choked on his own bong water, DS.

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:11 PM
I heard he was considering running on the libertarian ticket.

Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Well, I’m sure his three voters will be thrilled by that. He confirms assumptions of the sheer stupidity that resides in northern New Mexico. Quite an embarrassment.

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Dire Straits:Lol,ya know,if the latest one,is a Republican,I’m
leaning,more to a red frock,er dress!:)

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Lol..Good one..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:26 PM

We know a thousand times more about Herman Cain’s past than we do about Barack Obama’s.

Vetting, MSM style.

fogw on November 29, 2011 at 11:27 PM

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Transparency 33 1/2 – The final Blow.

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Elctrongod:Lol,yur,1/2 off on the Masonic thingy,er,oh wait,thats
entering the realm of conspiracy lunatic thinking….

….nevermind!!(sarc):)

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:28 PM

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:04 PM
I thought we were looking for a blue dress with a stain!!..:):)(lol)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Dire Straits:Lol,ya know,if the latest one,is a Republican,I’m
leaning,more to a red frock,er dress!:)

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM

That is so 1990′s.
Today we look for phone records.
788-3423 called 867-5309…for 5 minutes on Jan23, 2008.
Busted!

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I heard he was considering running on the libertarian ticket.

Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM

LoL!..Sounds like a plan..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Elctrongod:Lol,yur,1/2 off on the Masonic thingy,er,oh wait,thats
entering the realm of conspiracy lunatic thinking….

….nevermind!!(sarc):)

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I was off by a digit.
I know…
I was hoping no one noticed.

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Those Phone records can be very damaging..They have taken down many folks..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:30 PM

It’s entirely possible that was his purpose “Stalking Horse” for Mitt Romney. No wonder Pawlenty kicked himself for getting out of the race too soon….looks like there is an opening. Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 11:23 PM

It’s entirely possible that you could get help for your illness, but you won’t. Yes, according to you, he decided to risk destroying his marriage and humiliating himself because he wanted to help Mitt Romney. Good grief. If he wanted to help Romney he would be putting my Freddie Mac comments to Gingrich.

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Who can name a single Obama girlfriend?

Igor R. on November 29, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Vetting, MSM style.

fogw on November 29, 2011 at 11:27 PM

fogw:Good point!!

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Poor Igor R…

… no Newt thread.

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Those Phone records can be very damaging..They have taken down many folks..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Especially when they have pictures attached.
Oscar mayer!

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:09 PM

There’s not a man I know who’s been successful in business or in a profession that hasn’t had or could’ve had allegations like this thrown at him, from within or without his business. I’ve certainly had a few. And, I’ve seen them thrown at some female executives who worked for me, too, for that matter. It’s become a cultural phenomenon, in a way.

The difference is, in business we investigate the facts and make a fact-based decision about the alleged conduct, then deal with it. In politics, facts are irrelevant, perception everything. It is a world upside down.

It is why most CEOs I know, who could run this or any country in their sleep, would never consider the job. I certainly would not.

TXUS on November 29, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Ginger White has a history of stalking.

From the above link: “We also found a lawsuit filed by a former business partner, Kimberly Vay, who once sought a “stalking temporary protective order” against Ms. White for “repeated e-mails/texts threatening lawsuit and defamation of character.” The case was dismissed; but was followed by a libel lawsuit against Ms. White. A judge entered an order in favor of Kimberly Vay because Ms. White failed to respond to the lawsuit.”

keats5 on November 29, 2011 at 11:36 PM

So,I don’t know whats causing more damage,the Lefty Moderator
Debate AgendaTroopers,or,the ever helpful Marxist Socialist Media,
in their hyperventalting Zeal,to glom on a GOP Nominee till they’ve
exhausted every video,and op-ed piece,in concern of!!

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Great example..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:38 PM

keats5 on November 29, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Logical fallacy of shoot the messenger. If you make the messenger look bad, then anything they have to say supposedly has no credibility.

astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 11:39 PM

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:28 PM
I was off by a digit.
I know…
I was hoping no one noticed.

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Electrongod:Too funny———:)

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:39 PM

TXUS on November 29, 2011 at 11:36 PM

+100

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Poor Igor R…

… no Newt thread.

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2011 at 11:32 PM

I’m doing just fine on the Romney thread, my Southland friend.

Igor R. on November 29, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Vetting, MSM style.

fogw on November 29, 2011 at 11:27 PM

I fogw has a very valid point…

… While we wade through the barrage of attacks coming at the GOP candidates, I want everyone to picture David Axelrod, sitting in a room, sniffing his fingers.

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Boy, who could have seen that coming???

JohnGalt23 on November 29, 2011 at 11:42 PM

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM
========

That is so 1990′s.
Today we look for phone records.
788-3423 called 867-5309…for 5 minutes on Jan23, 2008.
Busted!

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Electrongod:D*mmitt,with that type of tactic,alot of men will be
going down!Haha:)

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I heard he was in the ER recently…seems he choked on his own bong water, DS.

HornetSting on November 29, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Please.

Amateurs choke on their bong water.

Gary is, if nothing else, a professional.

JohnGalt23 on November 29, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Imagine him instead sniffling Rahm’s missing finger.

Igor R. on November 29, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Well, pack it all in, according to TXUS no one can fight these charges. Thus, all the left needs a stable group of groupies willing to lie to take down all of our candidates. Because no one could ever be expected to keep up the appearance of propriety. Mitt Romney would never be able to fight these allegations, even with his totally clean looking life.

So, we will never be able to field candidates that we can really believe, because every single one will just simply be attacked by these kinds of charges. Might aught just as well just vote for the (R) any (R). It is amazing that our nation ever made it this far considering how easy it is to make sure (R) is unelectable. I say we have a raffle once every 4 years, who ever wins is the nominee, and we could pull the raffle on October 29th, so as to give the media no time to attack! Why spend our efforts trying to vet our candidates, because no amount of vetting can prevent the Cainization of our candidate.

astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Electrongod:D*mmitt,with that type of tactic,alot of men will be
going down!Haha:)

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Only in an elevator…..

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:31 PM

That wouldn’t help Romney. That would make him sound like an idiot.

Vince on November 29, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Again, I am not defending Cain and he is not my candidate.
A couple of points:
First, Obama is the ultimate opponent here, and we know that Obama has a record of bringing down his opposition on personal issues. That alone makes me not want to rush to convict people on our team.
Second, look at the facts you chose to comment on:
“She has 61 phone calls to and from him . . . .” Are those 60 from her to him, and 1 from him to her? Or, does that add up to 122 calls? We don’t really know much about those calls. And “he’s sent her money.” I’m not ready to convict everyone who has given money to someone else.
Cain may have done what she almost says he did, and proof could come out quickly if he did.

GaltBlvnAtty on November 29, 2011 at 11:50 PM

OT:..American Airlines stock closed at $ 0.26..:(

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:54 PM

astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Actually, she has a proven history of lying and slandering people for personal gain.

You keep going on about “character”, but seem quite ready to buy and support hers, even though she has a past of slandering.

You simply believe anything negative about Herman Cain.

That makes you a bigot.

northdallasthirty on November 29, 2011 at 11:55 PM

OT:..American Airlines stock closed at $ 0.26..:(

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Didn’t they file bankruptcy? It will be worth 0 soon enough.

astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 11:57 PM

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Only in an elevator…..

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Elctrongod:Most excellent come-back,I’m thinking,

Aerosmith – Love In An Elevator
*********************************

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Seven Percent Solution on November 29, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Imagine him instead sniffling Rahm’s missing finger.

Igor R. on November 29, 2011 at 11:45 PM

You guys are gross.

cynccook on November 29, 2011 at 11:57 PM

That wouldn’t help Romney. That would make him sound like an idiot. Vince on November 29, 2011 at 11:50 PM

He would sound like an idiot if he quoted you Vince.

Basilsbest on November 29, 2011 at 11:58 PM

OT:..American Airlines stock closed at $ 0.26..:(

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:54 PM

What???
luckily I diversified.
0.26????
Clicking heals three times….
D@mn..nothing is happening.

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Aerosmith – Love In An Elevator
*********************************

canopfor on November 29, 2011 at 11:57 PM

That’s it.

Electrongod on November 29, 2011 at 11:59 PM

milemarker2020 on November 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Uh… yeah.

I must have forgot how the GOP never talked about tax reform and privatizing social security before the arrival of OLAS, Alan Keyes Herman Cain.

Time to say goodnight, Herb.

JohnGalt23 on November 29, 2011 at 11:59 PM

astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Yup.

That is exactly the precedent you have set in your racist insanity to get rid of the mean black man you don’t like.

Had you been intelligent enough to actually demand proof of the parade of proven slanderers attacking Cain, this wouldn’t have been a problem. As happened with the lying Gloria Allred, these people cannot stand the light of day and slither back under their rock when asked to actually have their own evidence vetted.

Short-sighted, ignorant fool. You have been dumb enough to state that any accusation automatically proves that someone else has bad character rather than acknowledge your irrational hatred of Cain.

northdallasthirty on November 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM

You simply believe anything negative about Herman Cain.

That makes you a bigot.

northdallasthirty on November 29, 2011 at 11:55 PM

You keep going on about evidence and how it is important. yet, you cannot name 10 conservative policies that Cain supports.

On the other hand, does not Cain’s own words pretty much say everything you need to know about the veracity of the claims? He admits to the relationship, he admits to giving her money. The phone records show they have been talking at least a while. Her story stacks up pretty much exactly with what other women have commented on, giving us the modis of operandi of Cain as have veracity.

So, why don’t you list out the reasons anyone should join the Cain train, or have you already given up on him? 10 policies would be enough I think.

astonerii on November 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM

astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 11:39 PM

This is hilarious to see someone who insisted that he was qualified to make judgments about Cain’s character, telling someone else they can’t use available information to judge his accuser’s credibility. You’ve spent all this time shooting messenger Cain, but somebody else questions his accuser and you are suddenly worried about logical fallacies?

You have obviously never set foot in a courtroom, where such judgments of witnesses’ credibility take place every day.

JannyMae on November 30, 2011 at 12:01 AM

You guys are gross.

cynccook on November 29, 2011 at 11:57 PM

It’s a beautiful thing, Cyn, you just have to look at it from the right perspective.

Igor R. on November 30, 2011 at 12:01 AM

It’s gonna be Newt.

You-Eh-Vee on November 30, 2011 at 12:02 AM

astonerii on November 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Unfortunately, racist bigot, you’ve been cornered and exposed as a hypocrite on that one.

I do not have to prove anything.

astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Slandering racist liar.

northdallasthirty on November 30, 2011 at 12:04 AM

OT:..American Airlines stock closed at $ 0.26..:(

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Cool! Now they can fire all the old hags they call flight attendants and buy some new planes that don’t make you feel like you’re suffocating in a tin can!

John the Libertarian on November 30, 2011 at 12:06 AM

OT:..American Airlines stock closed at $ 0.26..:(

Dire Straits on November 29, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Have you flown them lately? I’d say that’s about $0.25 too high. Surly service, packed planes, cattle car airlines. Yeah, it’s not great on other airlines, but American has descended below even US Airways.

Unfortunately, you can’t get anyplace from Tucson unless you fly through somewhere else. American through Dallas is one of main choices for a lot of destinations.

AZfederalist on November 30, 2011 at 12:07 AM

JannyMae on November 30, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Exactly. Slandering racist liars like asteronii would never make it into a courtroom. Their lies only work in the so-called “churches” they inhabit, where so-called “Christians” like themselves preach lies and slander and hate against black people.

northdallasthirty on November 30, 2011 at 12:07 AM

O/T
===

@DavidBegnaud
Protesters are yelling “be peaceful” @ other protesters they believe are trying to cause trouble. Things have calmed down. @OccupyLA #ktla
6 Min.ago