Video: Cain’s accuser speaks

posted at 7:38 pm on November 28, 2011 by Allahpundit

The worst part? She had his private phone number.

She says the physical relationship ended about eight months ago, right before Cain announced he was running for president. But the communication did not. When we asked for any corroborating evidence, she pointed us to her cell phone contacts. One name: Herman Cain.

She showed us some of her cell phone bills that included 61 phone calls or text messages to or from a number starting with 678. She says it is Herman Cain’s private cell phone. The calls were made during four different months– calls or texts made as early as 4:26 in the early morning, and as late as 7:52 at night. The latest were in September of this year.

“We’ve never worked together,” said White. “And I can’t imagine someone phoning or texting me for the last two and a half years, just because.”

We texted the number and Herman Cain called us back. He told us he “knew Ginger White” but said these are “more false allegations.” He said she had his number because he was “trying to help her financially.”

Sixty-one calls over four months is roughly one every other day. Cain and White didn’t work together, either: According to her, they met at a presentation he made for the NRA in the late 90s and have been friends ever since. Cain acknowledged that friendship in his interview with Blitzer this afternoon but said his wife has never met White. So they’re old friends, but not close enough friends that White would have met his family, yet close enough that (a) Cain would be willing to help her financially and (b) they’d be in frequent contact even while he was busy campaigning for president.

Two other interesting details. One: The Fox affiliate claims it wasn’t White who approached them with this story but a tipster who knows her and who allegedly was shopping the story to national media. That might explain the peculiar timing of White waiting to come forward until after Cain had already started to slide in the polls. If she was looking to make a buck off the story, she’d have been better off jumping in three weeks ago when he was still the frontrunner and media interest was sky high. The fact that she waited suggests that she might be telling the truth in saying she felt obliged to come forward before some news outlet picked up the tipster’s claim and ran with it. Two: Watch to the end here and you’ll see that she has money problems and has been accused before by a business partner of stalking and defamation. In fact, she lost a defamation case because, supposedly, she never showed up in court to contest the suit. Reason to doubt her credibility? Sure, but if she was stalking Cain or trying to shake him down for money, why didn’t he tell the reporter that when he texted him from White’s phone? And who is that mysterious tipster running around talking to reporters anyway? Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

ray on November 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I do not see how you can say that there is no coming back for these guys. That’s what they said about McCain in 2008 and I said that about Newt before Sarah said she wasn’t (around June or July).

Sounds more like a wish than a future fact.

platypus on November 28, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Those are weak, I admit, but her reason for coming out now, especially several weeks after the other women did, doesn’t make a lot of sense to me regardless, whether she’s telling the truth or not.

Esthier on November 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM

It sure looks like Herman was having to explain about those women in the news cycle’s claims of groping and sexual harassment accusations, to his Wife, and his alleged Mistress. It may be a case of him ending it, and Ms White didn’t want it to end. Who knows maybe she even told Herman Cain, she was going public, and he should re think their relationship? When the person making the claims is admitting to immoral behavior it’s difficult to figure out if what they say can be trusted or be factual.

I think you might be onto something, when she was left with few options, she decided she was going to cash in while she still could.

Now if Herman Cain knew this was going to come out, what was he thinking announcing it was going to happen, while being interviewed by Wolf Blitzer on CNN? It’s like Herman Cain’s campaign has turned into a soap opera.

Dr Evil on November 28, 2011 at 11:16 PM

People keep excusing Cain because all the women who have been mentioned so far have something untoward in their past. Thing is what fine, upstanding, pure as the driven snow, woman would have an affair with Cain or any married man??? So keep shooting the messenger instead of looking at how many times the message is delivered by different messengers.

Rapunzel on November 28, 2011 at 11:17 PM

That said, this will be my last response to you, CSDeven v.2.0.

You are not worth my time. All you do is make broad, bold accusations and generalizations against other people, and hype the candidate whose feet you WORSHIP AT. You’re a jackass!

Bye!

JannyMae on November 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Awww… JannyMae… and we could have been the best of friends. :( *sniffles*

That said, I will be more charitable in my response to you.

I try my very best to stay within the confines afforded by the facts supporting my arguments. In other words, I try to argue based on facts. I also delight in making predictions based on historical assessment and current data.

None of my arguments degenerate into insults – at least I try not to – and I try to steer clear of casting aspersions on the characters of others.

I see Perry as the best candidate in the field despite his flaws and I do not worship him. He is far from perfect but as they say “In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”

Some place a premium on the debates as being the sole criteria for picking our nominee. I don’t. I believe a candidate’s record of matching rhetoric with actions matter and Perry stands head and shoulders in that respect.

I argue for my guy and look forward to matching the candidate I back to others. So please come again.

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 11:19 PM

He’s too busy with his lips wrapped around the Gardasil pipe.

JohnGalt23 on November 28, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Okay, that made me lol!

JannyMae on November 28, 2011 at 11:23 PM

You, on the other hand, want to believe you know what she was meaning to say but somehow didn’t say. Lemme guess – she was too delicate to say the “s” word out loud.

You should avoid carnivals. The midway game operators will take ALL of your money.

platypus on November 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Atlanta is in Georgia, and Georgia is part of the south. Yes people would consider using the word sex indelicate it’s a southern cultural thing. Southerners can tell how each other were raised by their choice of words and phrases. There is a lot of beating around the bush down here. For instance when one woman, calls another woman a heifer down here, you know what she meant to say was cow….but that would be indelicate, and people who are raised right don’t talk like that.

Dr Evil on November 28, 2011 at 11:25 PM

The libs will drag out the “Hypocrite!!!” meme.

portlandon on November 28, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Good point, but they’d be right in doing so.

shick on November 28, 2011 at 11:25 PM

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 11:19 PM

I have stated before, Rick Perry may not be the best thing since sliced bread, but he’s capable and dependable (This country could really use some capable and dependable right now). He’s sturdy, he’s steady, and he doesn’t spook easy. He’s solid. We’ve got flashy, and slick in the white house right now, hows that workin out for everyone?

Dr Evil on November 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM

The Cain Mutiny, unfortunately. Nail meet coffin.

TXUS on November 28, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Dr Evil on November 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Yeah, you could say he’s solid as a rock–as smart as one too.

BryanS on November 28, 2011 at 11:45 PM

So when is the S&M parlor that he has in his basement going to come out. He can’t hid that forever he has to know it will come out eventually. He is not ready for prime time if he thinks he hid the kinky things he does with gerbils all the way to the June primary. /s

tjexcite on November 28, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Yeah, you could say he’s solid as a rock–as smart as one too.

BryanS on November 28, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Perry’s actually a knowledgeable fellow, he’s got good political instincts too. He is solid, and no one ask, does Rick Perry love his country? The question wouldn’t enter their mind. Not like how it’s constantly brought up in regard to Obama …..does Barack Obama love his country? Well as soon as he makes it over in his father’s vision, I am sure he will warm up to the U.S.

Dr Evil on November 28, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I caught two different people on Fox tonight; one a gentleman the other a slimy political hack. They were Huckabee and Gingrich. Guess which was which? Newt said when asked about Cain and his latest problem said to O’reilly “He is my friend and I hope that he can overcome this problem” “There have been several of us candidates who have risen and then fallen. I want to be the nominee but I wish him well”. Huckabee was asked by Greta about Cain and his problem and the huckster said ” I think it is over for Cain. This is the end for him. He will not be able to overcome this”.
No matter who you are for you can see the true character of people when they are asked about someone else’s problems. Huckabee is a slime ball.

inspectorudy on November 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM

inspectorudy on November 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Did Huckabee really say that? He didn’t say anything else? He didn’t say anything about unproven gossip and bearing false witness?

Shame.

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 1:36 AM

The problem is that if these stories are NOT true and you abandon Cain then you’ve just given the country to the left. Forever.

gh on November 28, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Lighten up Francis. We’ll see what she produces and if she does have his private number and phone records showing they have been in contact as much as she claims then we have to decide if having an affair disqualifies him from being the nominee.

His ignorance about foreign policy did it for me. (As well as his general incompetance.) The question is: if this is true do you still support Cain?

Bill C on November 29, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Mark Block, is that you? Shouldn’t you be lining up denials for tomorrow’s media blitz with, uh, Blitz Wolfer? Shouldn’t you be reading your lines for the joke/non-joke/misstatement/it-was-just-sex/blonde bimbo mega defense?

Punchenko on November 28, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Lol.

If there is any truth to this I bet there will still be people on the Cain train. The truth is there are people who fall in love with candidates and that forces them to defend ridiculous behavior.

Bill C on November 29, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Not a single one of the Perry puppets will take the challenge.

It’s simple, really. Defend the fact that their Perry, by their own standards, is a closet case and has cheated on his wife for years.

Now remember, we’re following the standards that the Perry puppets impose for Cain:

1. Accusations equal guilt.

2. No evidence or names are required. Perry must provide all evidence proving that he never had gay sex or affairs with anyone. He must produce all receipts, tickets, proof that he was never alone with any of these people.

3. The more accusations there are, the more they must be true.

4. Even if they come from political opponents, there is no bias and they must be true.

Now watch as the Perry supporters implode, especially given how the Ronulans they’ve been siding with are the ones pushing the rumors the hardest.

northdallasthirty on November 29, 2011 at 2:04 AM

northdallasthirty on November 29, 2011 at 2:04 AM

You do realize this woman had Cain’s private number and records showing contact…oh wait I forgot. You’re a moron.

Bill C on November 29, 2011 at 2:35 AM

inspectorudy

Cain likely won’t come back from this, and he probably is done. It’s called reality. How does that make Huckabee a slime ball?

If anyone’s character is in question, I’d have to say it’s yours after this nonsense.

xblade on November 29, 2011 at 2:42 AM

northdallasthirty on November 29, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Bill C on November 29, 2011 at 2:35 AM

OMG really???? She had his phone number and they had contact????????

Uh… I have phone numbers of men and talk to men that are not my husband. I don’t recall having sex with them. I had better go have a chat with my husband and see my doctor. There’s clearly something wrong with my memory.

OH WAIT!!!!1!! He has other women’s phone numbers. He talks to them.

THAT’S IT I’M GETTING A DIVORCE BECAUSE SOME LOON ON TEH INTERNETS THINKS THAT HAVING A PHONE NUMBER AND DISCUSSION WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX IS CHEATING.

What’s Glo’s phone number?

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 3:07 AM

See ya Herman!!! You done brutha!!!

Next!

Gingrich to self implode via his ego.

Pass the popcorn.

rickyricardo on November 29, 2011 at 3:48 AM

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 3:07 AM

It depends on the frequency of the calls and what are in those text messages. Also, my point with the above mentioned moron was that Cain’s accusers have all come forward and provided accounts of their dealings with Mr. Cain. If he is cheating on his wife, and this woman’s claims are verifiable so we can prove that someone is lying, then I am much more likely to believe he sexually harassed those women.

Bill C on November 29, 2011 at 4:08 AM

My husband has the home phone numbers and private cell phone numbers of several women with whom he frequently speaks.

I frequently speak with males friends.

In both cases above, our contacts are not inclusive to each other or to us as husband and wife. Yet, I suppose if either of us were running for POTUS, the LSM could/would have a field day with just our cell phone records.

I’m neither defending nor accusing Mr. Cain. Merely, I am pointing out that the divide between accusation and proof is a wide gulf. That somebody is lying seems to be apparent and time will tell.

GrannyDee on November 29, 2011 at 4:10 AM

What I can’t figure out is how this elevates Newt. At worst, this should put them even.

Ronnie on November 29, 2011 at 4:15 AM

You have got to be kidding me!

Sherman1864 on November 29, 2011 at 6:25 AM

“Ginger White”? Hi-larious. If Spermin’ Herman were a Democrat this would all be racist, racially motivated, etc & so forth.

BHO Jonestown on November 29, 2011 at 6:44 AM

That is the same argument logic my eX-wife used when accusing me of all kind of falsehoods through our divorce process.

Her point was to gain sympathy from those who judge to believe a false story about me and take her side just because she was so emotionally distraught.

I had to wage a long court fight but her veneer of lies finally thinned enough for people to see through it.

So, do I believe this woman? No. Just as I disbelieve the previous accusations against him by those other women.

Lawrence on November 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Bravo! My husband’s ex was like that, too. She made up a whole pack of lies concerning her leaving him. She has played the fantasy now for almost 14 years. She even paid to have her ‘book’ published. Everyone now knows she was lying, but for several years, it was hard to take, people believing the worst about us.
I think women like that end up believing their lies. They’ve told them often enough & fantasized about some wrong that was done them so often that they truly feel like poor little victims.
The road to custody battles is full of embittered, awful harpy creatures like this.
This is why I will not believe lies, rumors, & innuendo until I see the cold hard truth backed up by actual PROOF.

Badger40 on November 29, 2011 at 7:17 AM

Rapunzel on November 28, 2011 at 11:17 PM

This works two ways.
Sometimes a false message is parroted so often people will believe the worst of others.
You have the current media situation to use as your example.
How many media outlets & pseudoscientists have claimed man made CO2 is responsible for global warming, when there is no scientific proof anywhere that shows it causes such a thing?
And yet, many people believe it.
I personally am more than willing to give Cain the benefit of the doubt until undeniable proof surfaces.
A bunch of women coming forth with accusations against a man in a position of power (at least at one time), especially women who have less than stellar characters, is not enough for me to condemn someone.
Evidently, it’s enough for others.
Which I find disgusting.

Badger40 on November 29, 2011 at 7:23 AM

“I didn’t want to come out with this! Does my hair look OK?”

Bevan on November 29, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Why would some woman claiming she’s wearing Cain’s pearl necklace be the end of his campaign, and the incompetence of the past month not be?

Leftist garbage now has Newt baiting the dumbest President in history to debate. Good luck with that, chumps.

MNHawk on November 29, 2011 at 7:31 AM

So long as the women don’t complain, Cain won’t deny the affair. He just can’t bear the idea that his sexual advances are either unwelcome or even inappropriate.

“My husband would have to have a split personality.”

And Cain’s explanation?

“And I didn’t do anything wrong.”

Piss poor claim that what sex he has consensually outside of wedlock is none of your business, so stay out of whichever bedroom he pays for playtime.

Being wed, what goes on in Mr./Mrs.Cain’s bedroom is one thing. What goes on in the other women’s bedrooms with Herman Cain is not sanctified as “private” or off limits from public scrutiny of anyone seeking elected office.

Tralala el moroso. Mrs. Cain, it is never a good idea to trot out claiming your husband’s innocence. Now you’re just another power hungry wife along for the ride. So much more difficult now, keeping the peaceful retreat at home. As if Mrs. Cain didn’t know all along.

maverick muse on November 29, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Cain’s attorney, Lin Wood, sent FOX 5 the following statement:

“Mr. Cain has been informed today that your television station plans to broadcast a story this evening in which a female will make an accusation that she engaged in a 13-year long physical relationship with Mr. Cain. This is not an accusation of harassment in the workplace – this is not an accusation of an assault – which are subject matters of legitimate inquiry to a political candidate.

Rather, this appears to be an accusation of private, alleged consensual conduct between adults – a subject matter which is not a proper subject of inquiry by the media or the public. No individual, whether a private citizen, a candidate for public office or a public official, should be questioned about his or her private sexual life. The public’s right to know and the media’s right to report has boundaries and most certainly those boundaries end outside of one’s bedroom door.

Mr. Cain has alerted his wife to this new accusation and discussed it with her. He has no obligation to discuss these types of accusations publicly with the media and he will not do so even if his principled position is viewed unfavorably by members of the media.”

maverick muse on November 29, 2011 at 7:36 AM

Herman, Herman, Hermain. We learned from the Clarence Thomas fiasco. We now send out multiple bimbos instead of just one. We can’t just let the blacks off the plantation without consequences! We are so smart that this one isn’t even from Chicago!

chicken thief on November 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

The Democrat Party and their MSM don’t have to press (at least not 24/7) stories about our candidates, because so-called right-wing blogs like Hot Air and RedState gladly carry-their-water for them. Erik at RedState would rather present the reporter as more reliable than Cain.

Karmi on November 29, 2011 at 7:58 AM

chicken thief on November 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Heh. Makes you wonder.
And there are still people who believe Anita Hill.
Evidently she was ‘convincing’.

Badger40 on November 29, 2011 at 7:59 AM

I thought it was ridiculous when some people were “punishing” Palin because of her more obnoxious supporters, but now I am of a mind to wish ill on Perry because of some of his supporters. I won’t actively try to do damage to Perry, like these a-holes are doing to his opponents, but I admit I will have some satisfaction if he continues to tank.

JannyMae on November 28, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Give me a break. Which candidate does not have obnoxious supporters here at HotAir? And Perry’s are the worst?

Perry is coming back.

TheRightMan

I really don’t care what a d*uchebag troll like you has to say.
Perry is going nowhere despite your efforts at assisting in the attempts at personal destruction of candidates you oppose.
I’m on other sites too. Perry is at the bottom and he’ll stay there. Suck on that ya jerk*ff.

Hard Right on November 28, 2011 at 8:41 PM

It’s OK to just say you don’t like Perry. Really. People do that here frequently. lol

kg598301 on November 29, 2011 at 8:04 AM

chicken thief on November 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Exactly!

SagebrushPuppet on November 29, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Ive liked Herman for a long time but even if the women are making things up he has handled it all really poorly. He clearly has some type of relationship with this woman and he could have gotten it out there when the bimbos hit the fan. Add the fact that I am starting to feel lile hes just not ready and he hasnt run his campaign all that well. Its a pity but there it is.

ldbgcoleman on November 29, 2011 at 8:27 AM

If this is true, it won’t be a problem in the black community, the NFL vote, or the NBA vote.

Everything is normal.

JayTee on November 29, 2011 at 8:30 AM

how’s cain’s lawsuit against politico coming along???

chasdal on November 29, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Perry lost a long time ago. There’s no coming back from where he is now.

Cain has certainly lost, and there is no coming back.

Newt, we all know he is already putting his foot in his know-it-all smug mouth, and he will lose.

Then there is Romney… and less than half the people want to vote for him, ugh… A sitting duck loser incumbent and all those GOP candidates and that’s what we have left?

ray on November 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I don’t understand why people continue to think they can call this race at this point. If the present wouldn’t disprove that, the past certainly does!

kg598301 on November 29, 2011 at 8:50 AM

If Spermin’ Herman were a Democrat…

BHO Jonestown on November 29, 2011 at 6:44 AM

Now that’s funny. But seriously, if this alleged affair was carried out for the stated time period, she must certainly have gifts, tangible letters/notes, etc. Just something a little more concrete. It appears that Cain did provide some kind of financial assistance, but really good friends do this for one another all the time. 13 years, good gravy!

The phone bill and the frequency/timing of calls is certainly suspect. As a jealous woman, I’d have to commit Enhanced Interrogation Techniques on my wayward chatty pants to get to the bottom of it. I don’t think Herman gets a pass on not confronting this. And with the media’s obsession of him, it’s unlikely he’ll survive this second pinata round.

RepubChica on November 29, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Sarah did call him the flavor of the week. Don’t think she meant what that may sound like. I’ve quit buying the National Enquirer. This is way better stuff.

Kissmygrits on November 29, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Again, if this stuff is true, how dumb do you have to be to attempt a run for President, know nothing of basic issues, have a past of sexual harassment and then just end an affair before beginning your campaign as a conservative. And somehow thinking it would all be cool with a media like we have.

JellyToast on November 28, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Good points!

Amjean on November 29, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I guess she should go cry on Jennifer Flowers’s shoulder.

If you’re …ummm… “having a physical relationship” with a married guy for 15 years you concede every inch of moral ground and have nothing to stand on.

Was her next phone call an apology to Cain’s wife for being a ‘physical relationer’ with Hermie?

I think we have a new term set.

Whore=professional physical relation specialist
Slut=amateur physical relation specialist
Doin’ the nasty= physically relating
Adultury= physical relationing

No need to actually call things as they really are.

MarkT on November 29, 2011 at 9:12 AM

chicken thief on November 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Pretty much like the Salem witch trials, just get enough people to make accusations – the more, the better.

whatcat on November 29, 2011 at 9:22 AM

kg598301 on November 29, 2011 at 8:50 AM

They listen to the media spin, the same media that is spinning for Romney. That’s who the media wants for the top of the Republican ticket. I am not sure Newt can’t weather the ongoing media onslaught, and come out the other side.

It comes down to money. Who has the campaign funds? Romney, Perry, Paul, and I think Cain has substantial sums. I do think this woman sunk Cain’s campaign. That leaves 2 Governors and Rep Ron Paul, with the money to go the long distance. Rep Ron Paul has a dedicated demographic but it’s finite. I don’t believe that a candidate without executive experience is going to win the nomination this go around. We have had 3 years of a green Senator in the White House with no executive experience. I think the pendulum will swing in the other direction.

Newt Gingrich is my dark horse candidate. Although the highest office he’s held is in the House of Representatives, he was the Speaker. Newt has been very good at husbanding his resources, I read that his campaign is no longer in the red, and it’s in the black so that’s a plus. I am not sure he’s going gang busters in the campaign donations department. Newt Gingrich has performed the best in the primary campaign cycle, and he’s maximized his debate performances – offset lack of funds to run tv ads. The real challenge for Newt Gingrich is on the ground in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. It’s necessary to have people on the ground in those states organizing for your campaign to get the folks to the polls when the caucuses and primaries begin. Newt’s current objective would be to consolidate front runner status, and raise more campaign funds. Newt is peaking now, it’s 5 weeks out from the first caucus Jan 3rd in Iowa. It’s important to peak closer to when the caucus voters are actually going to vote the candidates want to be on the upswing in the polls – have the popular wind at their back, timing is everything.

That’s why I have picked for the top tier:

Gov Perry, Gov Romney, * Speaker Gingrich- because of $ my wild card
Rep Paul
Rep Bachmann, Sen Santorum
Gov Huntsman – He needs to retool his message and campaign ( he needs to be less arrogant) Stop with the republicans are the anti science party lecture. He doesn’t get that this hurt him as much as the heartless comment hurt Perry. Huntsman actually has a number of positives.
Mr Cain

Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 10:01 AM

OMG really???? She had his phone number and they had contact????????

OH WAIT!!!!1!! He has other women’s phone numbers. He talks to them.

What’s Glo’s phone number?

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Anyone with kids knows how quickly texts rack up.

Do the math people. Think for yourselves. Don’t just jump on the bandwagon so that people don’t think you are gullible.

He said she was a friend and he was trying to help her financially. If he or she texted or called and the other one answered back even only once each instance, that is contact twice a week for the 4 months. That sounds reasonable to me.

What I find amazing is that over 13 years the only thing she has in writing is 2 of his books that he signed with a general friendship and inspirational talk type message. Didn’t sound like any affair. And not only did he not sign it with love or any affection, he signs it with his first and last name. Yeah, everyone I’ve ever dated signed his last name. Like signing Herman wasn’t enough.

Where are the birthday cards? Christmas cards? Anything else as proof?

And why is his name the ONLY contact in her phone and why does the contact have his first and last name if he is her lover? Weird. I don’t have anyone with a first and last name. The most I have is a last initial and I have about a hundred contacts, not just one.

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Correction. It would be LESS than twice a week contact and that is if there was only one response back and forth for each single instance.

Sounds reasonable to be a friend he is helping out.

Or like he said, someone he thought was his friend.

Sometimes when you help out a troubled person, it doesn’t end well for you for many many reasons. Some people are messed up because of some problem they have and then they turn on you. It just happened to my daughter with a friend who was a girl. or sometimes people resent you or just like attention. Any number of reasons, but everyone will just pick believing her as the only reasonable explanation.

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I do wonder what his wife Gloria thinks of him giving this woman, she never met “money” in any capacity for whatever reason.

Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Oh, come on folks. I like Cain. If the primaries were to actually get to Alabama and matter, he would have been one of my top 2 choices. But there ain’t just smoke here anymore, there’s fire. He’s not going to get out from under this. Even if every single one of these women were lying through their teeth, there is simply too much circumstantial evidence to back them up to just dismiss with a wave of the hand. And most voters won’t, it’s that simple. He’s done. Oh, and chances are, he did this to himself.

runawayyyy on November 29, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I find it amazing that the media is able to find women from Mr Cains past , yet some how they cannot produce records of obama’s transcripts or anyone that went to school with obummer. Have they ever produced a former girlfriend?
This is just more shinny stuff for the sheeple.
The main stream propaganda are working overtime to stop cain.

ColdWarrior57 on November 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Elisa is willing to give a million reasons to not beleive someone. Such as, why would there only be a single person in the list of contacts. I would tend to figure a savvy cell phone user would back up their contacts to another phone or their computer such that she could delete all the other contacts and only give the information that is relevent. I am sure elisa is the kind of friend that puts copies of her cell phone log on the internet for the world to peruse, but most people are not like that.

astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Folks, I personally just dropped almost $500 on a woman my wife did not know (I did), who stayed over at the house for two nights while my wife was away. Why? Because her bum husband threw here and her three kids out Thanksgiving early morning 1,000 miles from home. I managed to cobble together a normal Thanksgiving for the sake of the kids and made sure they had gas money to get back home; and a bit to make sure food bills are covered for awhile.

Bad things happen- sometimes to good people- and some of us just by nature try to help. I have about the same amount of contact with the lady as Cain did this one- but am not sleeping with her! Such things DO happen.

michaelo on November 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Here is what local media was able to discover about this accuser with just some perfunctory research:

“Ms. White is an unemployed single mother. Before the interview, Fox learned that she had filed a sexual harassment claim against an employer in 2001. That case was settled. The station also found a bankruptcy filing nearly 23 years ago in Kentucky, and several eviction notices in the Atlanta area over the past six years.

The station also reported that Ms. White had a former business partner who once sought a “stalking temporary protective order” against her for “repeated e-mails/texts threatening lawsuit and defamation of character.” The case was dismissed, but it was followed by a libel lawsuit against Ms. White. A judge entered an order against Ms. White because she failed to respond to the lawsuit, Fox reported.”

Another professional victim.

tommyboy on November 29, 2011 at 11:35 AM

michaelo on November 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM That comment doesn’t reassure. It just points up the temptation for men of being rescuer and hero. If your contact is continuing you might even be kidding yourself about infidelity.

SarahW on November 29, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM

He’s a louse. Quit making excuses for Mark Block’s employer.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Mark Steyn sub-hosting for Rush.

This should be a great show!!!

GrannyDee on November 29, 2011 at 12:07 PM

michaelo on November 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM

That has got to be one of the most selfless and heartwarming stories of generosity and kindness I have ever read from the commenters on this blog….I would still, however, kill you if I were your wife. ;-)

RepubChica on November 29, 2011 at 12:22 PM

tommyboy on November 29, 2011 at 11:35 AM

And Herman Cain probably knew about her past, and still he was involved with her- he admitted this when he answered the phone number dialed that was on her cell phone. So what does that say about Herman Cain’s judgement, he said he gave this woman money. I find it difficult to believe that Herman Cain is a naive man who is easily duped by anyone. If he is, he’s got no business being President of the United States of America.

Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM

It doesn’t matter if it was prayer chats, and he was counseling her. The media is going to keep “producing” women to say what the woman above said. This woman is number 6.They have created sufficient “doubt” in the mind of the public, by the repetition of the same theme: Herman Cain, and extra marital sexual peccadilloes. Cain’s sunk, it’s not fair, it’s not right, but it is what it is. If he looks like he’s vulnerable to scandal, the voter will equate that to un-electable in the general. . . .

Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Yup. I agree with all of that.

I said so in another post. Too many women, even if they aren’t credible, for most voters to ignore. Not fair, but that is what we have now. Heaven help this country, we are going down the tubes.

And what will happen to Newt will not be pretty. Even with redemption and even if we already know about the ones he’s married, it won’t matter when the rumors come up again about women he has worked with. It won’t simply be a private affair.

Whether they are true or not, what happened to Cain shows what will happen to Newt in the general.

Unless conservatives want Romney or Obama, they better rethink Perry.

He has looked good now for weeks, except for the 53 seconds, which he handled well later.

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 1:01 PM

And Herman Cain probably knew about her past
Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 12:45 PM

What evidence do you have that makes this statement “probably” true?

tommyboy on November 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Sure. There could be something there or maybe he considers her an acquaintance. The point is that men and women CAN have nonsexual relationships.

I dunno about you, but if I were having an affair for 13 years, I’d have a bit more than the man’s full birth name in my phone. No pics, no “racy” texts, no birthday cards, no gifts, no nothing? Just his name in my cell phone. Pretty cr*ppy affair if all there is is a cell phone number and a tepidly worded signed book (according to another poster).

It just sounds odd and I’m waiting for a wee bit more, like some kind of proof of affection at the very least.

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM

astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM

You’ve obviously never had a romantic relationship. Where are the cards with smoochy words in them? The gifts? The hot and heavy “can’t wait to see you” texts? If the woman is the least bit romantic and sentimental she may keep one or two of them.

There’s nothing so far.

But don’t let your irrational dislike of Cain cloud your linear thinking process.

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Dr Evil on November 29, 2011 at 10:30 AM

BINGO! I don’t have any female friends that my doesn’t know about. I would never give money to a female that my wife did not know about. Can Spermin’ Herman just answer some specific questions like how long he has been giving her money? Of course not, his responses are Clintonian allowing him enough wiggle room to avoid saying anything provably false.

michaelo on November 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM

You are a good person but you need to watch out. There is such a thing as emotional infidelity. A strange married man in another city is not a good shoulder to cry on.

Bill C on November 29, 2011 at 1:35 PM

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM

I’m with you. A corroborating witness putting Cain with her would help. Did Gennifer Flowers have any of those things- letters, pictures?

Bill C on November 29, 2011 at 1:40 PM

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Bill C on November 29, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Don’t remember what she had. Just the screaming Nat’l Enq headlines. Didn’t seem to hurt him much, obviously.

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Yeah, men cheat on their wives. But how hard is it to find a half dozen women who happen to work in Democrat administrations, or who want to promote their entertainment careers, or who are short of cash who would say something bad for self gain?

By the way, Allahpundit is not even a muslim, and yet is angling for the 72 virgins anyway. And has spoken in a manner that some sources consider to be highly inappropriate in the past to women who today are willing to identitfy themselves only as virgins and former virgins but who otherwise wish their identities not to be revealed.

Come on. It’s bad if Cain cheated. It’s worse if he presents himself as a Christian.

But such public muckraking into candidates’ pasts is worse still. Let him who is without any past faults run for President, for we will pillory you and your family. Ask Mitch Daniels. That is, of course, unless you’re a Democrat.

flicker on November 29, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Kim Roy

Ummm, considering he was cheating on his wife if these allegations are true, there would be none of those if he was smart. What exactly do you and the other poster imagine he was going to write in those books he signed…”Thanks for the sex, let’s do it again some time. Herm.”

xblade on November 29, 2011 at 2:36 PM

SarahW

Give me a break. Is that you, Dr. Laura?

xblade on November 29, 2011 at 2:38 PM

xblade on November 29, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Let’s see: smart people who leave evidence behind. No, not Bill Clinton with the smeared dress. No, not Anthony Wiener with the cell photos. No, not Elliot Spitzer with his madam’s accounts books. It’s funny to see you arguing that smart men following libidinous urges would be clear-headed enough to leave no trail.

What gets me is that the MSM coverage of Clinton was that there wasn’t any proof and that we should withhold judgement. But now with Cain, the MSM is focusing on how poorly he’s handling it.

flicker on November 29, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Bill C on November 29, 2011 at 2:35 AM

So since you have women’s phone numbers and they have records showing contact, you have had an affair with every one of these women.

By the way, you have to provide proof in every single case that you did not ever have any sex with any of those women. You have to provide receipts, evidence, all these other things; they don’t have to provide anything.

And since we’re playing by your standards here, your Perry has been accused by multiple individuals of being a closeted gay who repeatedly has cheated on his wife with multiple men; therefore, since the accusation has been made multiple times by multiple people, it’s true and he’s guilty, just like you say Cain is.

northdallasthirty on November 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Extreme ugly stick in action!

You have got to be kidding me!

Sherman1864 on November 29, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Ginger White has a history of stalking.

From the above link: “We also found a lawsuit filed by a former business partner, Kimberly Vay, who once sought a “stalking temporary protective order” against Ms. White for “repeated e-mails/texts threatening lawsuit and defamation of character.” The case was dismissed; but was followed by a libel lawsuit against Ms. White. A judge entered an order in favor of Kimberly Vay because Ms. White failed to respond to the lawsuit.”

keats5 on November 29, 2011 at 11:35 PM

So she has call logs , there is an AP for that .

SpoofApp’s Caller ID Spoofing allows you to change what the person you’re calling sees on the Caller ID display. With SpoofApp your privacy is protected, and you can be anyone you want to. SpoofApp is the #1 way to protect your privacy on the phone.

ColdWarrior57 on November 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Somehow, Ginger White does sound credible. She may have been down and out, a single mom with two kids, had a dispute with a female usiness partner, lost her job, needed help, and turned to the rich and powerful Herman Cain.

Cain could have helped her financially, or offered her a job, or tried to find some woman in his organization who could help her. But maybe she tried to thank him with a little tender loving care, and he couldn’t resist…

But if Cain had seen her regularly for 13 years, up until last September, he shouldn’t have run for President…

Steve Z on November 30, 2011 at 4:51 PM

ColdWarrior57 on November 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM

So, now you are calling Cain a Liar? He already admitted to this stuff, and now you want to claim he took the heat for something he did not do?

Is there any depth to which you are not willing to go?

astonerii on December 1, 2011 at 12:19 AM