Herman Cain: By the way, a woman’s about to come forward and accuse me of a long affair

posted at 5:21 pm on November 28, 2011 by Allahpundit

The story about the accuser just went live at Fox Atlanta. She gave them her name, an interview on camera, and she claims she has records substantiating the relationship. Here’s the curious non-denial denial from Cain’s lawyer. Hmmm:

“Mr. Cain has been informed today that your television station plans to broadcast a story this evening in which a female will make an accusation that she engaged in a 13-year long physical relationship with Mr. Cain. This is not an accusation of harassment in the workplace – this is not an accusation of an assault – which are subject matters of legitimate inquiry to a political candidate.

Rather, this appears to be an accusation of private, alleged consensual conduct between adults – a subject matter which is not a proper subject of inquiry by the media or the public. No individual, whether a private citizen, a candidate for public office or a public official, should be questioned about his or her private sexual life. The public’s right to know and the media’s right to report has boundaries and most certainly those boundaries end outside of one’s bedroom door.

Mr. Cain has alerted his wife to this new accusation and discussed it with her. He has no obligation to discuss these types of accusations publicly with the media and he will not do so even if his principled position is viewed unfavorably by members of the media.”

He’s not saying it happened but he’s not saying it didn’t; if it didn’t, and they’re planning to roll out a full denial once the report airs, then this is the worst bit of lawyerly media strategy since Jerry Sandusky’s attorney let him phone in to Bob Costas. And that last bit about Cain refusing to discuss the accusations publicly is mighty strange given that Cain spent 10 solid minutes on CNN this afternoon … discussing the accusations publicly (or rather what little he knows about them). Unlike his lawyer, he flatly denies that it happened. Needless to say, if there really is documentary evidence backing up the accuser’s claim, his credibility’s shattered.

Here’s the Cain interview via Mediaite. I’ll post the Fox Atlanta clip once it’s live. The key bit here comes in the middle, when he says he’s in the race to stay but worries about the impact this is having on his family and promises not to drop out “as long as my wife is behind me.” Exit question: Remember three weeks ago, when this would have had a major effect on the race? Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

canopfor on November 28, 2011 at 7:20 PM
=========================================

The LAST thing the left wants is a Gingrich/Cain ticket. That is why they’re doing this.

48 Hour rule.

We cannot allow the WH through it’s Politico “news” organization to take down our candidates. The WH is telling us who they fear. And it is not Romney. That’s just a head fake.

Key West Reader on November 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Key West Reader:

In the spirit of the Vetting Process,and info,and I’m try’n
not to say much,after all,these “gotchas”,have backfired before,
I don’t know yet,what to make of it!

I cannot see Cain,running for GOP Presidential Nominee,knowing
(if true),these alleged “affairs”,”freindships”,or what nots,
are out there,and it just doesn’t make much sense!

So,unless,hard evidence comes forward,me powder stays dry,for
da time being!:)

canopfor on November 28, 2011 at 8:04 PM

You lot make me sick.

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 8:02 PM

LOL… get used to being sick.

Perry did warn that this race was a marathon and not a sprint.

Now can you join me so we say this together:

C-a-i-n i-s t-o-a-s-t!

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

After successfully taking Cain down they are having open casting calls to anyone that needs money and lie. The task is to take down Newt then Mitt. And the right will believe it without question

tjexcite on November 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Puh-lease. Cain’s lawyer’s statement essentially confirms the affair. Cain took himself down. Stop whining.

Same with Gingrich. No way of knowing how many times he’s screwed around, but the smart money is on “way more than we know”.

Romney’s was vetted in the 2008 campaign. Of course, he wasn’t the front-runner, so it’s possible that more careful digging will turn something up. I wouldn’t want to bet either way.

Bottom line: a candidate can’t be “taken down” if he doesn’t have any skeletons in the closet. This vetting process is a good thing — this way, we actually know who we’re voting for. The Dems don’t have that advantage, and thus got Obama. If the MSM had done their job, it would be Hillary in the Oval Office, and the Dems would be a lot happier today.

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

She has cell phone logs. She is an unemployed single mother. Why is the MSM calling her a “Georgia Businesswoman”? Strange. Perhaps she may be one of those damsels in distress who calls a guy like Cain at 4am crying about her situation. Who knows. 48-hour rule. This is the WH doing this. They fear Cain. He can liberate their black voting base and that would devastate the D party.

Key West Reader on November 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM

If you look at Obama’s campaign in the context of today’s NYT article that stated that Obama was going to give up on the white working class vote, and focus instead on minorities, youth, and the wealthy, then it’s not hard to imagine that Cain would be his biggest problem. Cain’s race and his involvement with the FED would give him a fighting chance with at least two of those groups. Obama would have to abandon his assumed campaign strategy if he faced Cain.

DFCtomm on November 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Musical Theme(Snark)!
======================

Exile – Kiss you all over ( 1978 ) Long Play
*********************************************

canopfor on November 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Sorry Sparky, I was never on the Cain train…LOL

idesign on November 28, 2011 at 8:11 PM

So,unless,hard evidence comes forward,me powder stays dry,for
da time being!:)

canopfor on November 28, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I agree..:)

Dire Straits on November 28, 2011 at 8:13 PM

*Shivering* Okay, now I’ve done it – hope she doesn’t appear to bash my head in.

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:03 PM

I dunno. anninacan goes MIA. We haven’t heard from crr6 in a while. Now this. Common theme? They were known to have contact with someone called rightman. It doesn’t look good.

katy the mean old lady on November 28, 2011 at 8:13 PM

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Sorry Sparky, I was never on the Cain train…LOL

idesign on November 28, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Ah…

So you are one of the bitter Palinistas still begging her to reconsider and denigrating every other conservative in the interim. Right?

Sigh…

Palin is NOT running. Get over it! Geez!

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Key West Reader on November 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Amazing! The WH traveled back in time and did a Jedi mind trick to get Cain to start the affair. Dang, that’s a great campaign staff!

Cain is a black conservative, while the others are white liberals. Therefore, someone has decided that Cain must be destroyed.

Now, can we please stop the fantasy that this has nothing to do with Cain being an African American Conservative?

SagebrushPuppet on November 28, 2011 at 7:59 PM

It doesn’t. It has everything to do with the fact that Cain is a sleazeball — a fact confirmed by his own lawyer. Get over it.

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Sigh…

Palin is NOT running. Get over it! Geez!

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Wrong again…LOL

I’m leaning towards Newt!

idesign on November 28, 2011 at 8:17 PM

katy the mean old lady on November 28, 2011 at 8:13 PM

ROFL…

Be careful… I have your number (cue ominous horror movie theme).

Although I must say having to cross paths with anyone that has the moniker “…mean old lady” does give me the shivers.

LOL…

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:17 PM

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Perry is not coming back. You need to accept this.

MadisonConservative on November 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I don’t think that is the point anyone is making. We can’t even get a look at Obama’s transcripts, but they leave no stone unturned to target anyone that might pose a threat to Obama.

DFCtomm on November 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Perry is not coming back. You need to accept this.

MadisonConservative on November 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM

You ready to put money on that? LOL…

*Copy, paste, and saved.*

We shall see… but I sure am liking Perry’s position much better today than yesterday.

And it keeps getting better…. :)

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:23 PM

DFCtomm on November 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Huh? I was responding to those who are accusing the WH or other nefarious players of manufacturing this affair.

If the true concern is that Dems aren’t vetted as well as Repubs, that’s a very strange way of making the point. The vetting problem has nothing to do with Cain or this affair. So why reference it?

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 8:26 PM

LOL… get used to being sick.

Perry did warn that this race was a marathon and not a sprint.

Now can you join me so we say this together:

C-a-i-n i-s t-o-a-s-t!

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

You don’t get it so maybe I should make it clear for you:

I don’t give one whit whether you support Cain or not.

It is your vile disgusting, media bangwagoning and general ugliness that is getting to me. This has nothing to do with the horse race, and everything to do with Rick Perry’s garbage dwelling, worthless piles of fecal matter supporters running with every media narrative and hurting all of our candidates.

Forget knocking Perry, that doesn’t fix the problem. My problem isn’t with Perry, it’s with you and your worthless, rotting ilk. I don’t know why Perry seems to attract the bottom of the political gene pool, all I know is you and your friends Honda, Aslan’s Girl, Punchenko, and anyone else I might have missed are doing our field absolutely no favors. You are liabilities.

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Maybe Palin is waiting for everyone to stumbl,e but Mittens, and then she comes in like the Calvary to the rescue.

ChuckTX on November 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Maybe Palin is waiting for everyone to stumble, but Mittens, and then she comes in like the Calvary to the rescue.

ChuckTX on November 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Perry is not coming back. You need to accept this.

MadisonConservative on November 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM

*shakes fist*

TexasDan on November 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Helen Hunt and David Spade said it best.

fred5678 on November 28, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Haha! Last month you yobbos were creaming your jeans over this know-nothing, book flailing wankjob that is Herman Cain. Now you want to act like you don’t have Black Walnut ice cream dribbling off your lips like a bunch of low-budget, right-wing fluffers!
HAHAHAHAHA!

Obama 2012!
Start liking it!

chumpThreads on November 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Why do women keep coming forward with Cain as a candidate and we don’t know any of Obama’s associations before Michelle?

Speakup on November 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Obama doesn’t strike me as a man with all that much of an “appetite.” In fact, there’s a distinct air of asexuality about him.

Herman ceased to be a serious candidate long ago (if, in fact, he ever was) and now is just an embarrassment. Exit stage right, Mr. Cain, and do it without further delay

SukieTawdry on November 28, 2011 at 8:38 PM

ChuckTX on November 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Wow a double post..what flavor is that Kool-Aid??..:)

Dire Straits on November 28, 2011 at 8:39 PM

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Well said. The gloating rhetoric of some of these turds sounds remarkably similar to this character:

chumpThreads on November 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM

JannyMae on November 28, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Helen Hunt and David Spade said it best.

fred5678 on November 28, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Heh. Haven’t seen that before. Bookmarked for Gingrich.

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 8:46 PM

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM

JannyMae on November 28, 2011 at 8:43 PM

It’s kind of funny. I challenged the Perry supporters to discuss his closet gay affairs with the same criteria as they’re demanding for Cain, and not a one of them would answer.

Guess their candidate can’t stand vetting.

northdallasthirty on November 28, 2011 at 8:46 PM

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM

LOL…

BKennedy, you surely jest. We are doing the field no favors?

We told as many of you that would listen that we knew little of Cain aside from him being a snake oil salesman peddling 9-9-9. Behold, now his chickens have come home to roost.

Many jumped aboard the Cain train simply because he was Not-Romney and Not-Perry. Many conservative writers are beginning to churn out articles exposing the unfair treatment that has been meted out to Perry. He was hated for no reason.

- We were told Perry was dumb and we laughed at his “brain-freeze” moment until Cain one-upped him and had a “brain-empty” moment.

- We were told Perry’s “have no heart” comment was unforgivable until Gingrich made a “humane” comment.

Let me end with these quotes from you in October when Perry was droppingfrom frontrunner status. You sure helped our field back then.

HAHAHAHAHA.

I knew it.

The reason I’m laughing is because in all the exhanges with Perry supporters, I laid out a line that Perry isn’t campaigning, he’s just wasting the money of his Texas donors.

Lo and behold, my initial analysis is more or less accurate.

Also, good work Romney: like Obama, you’re spending millions selling a product no one wants to buy.

BKennedy on October 16, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Oh, Perry is certainly showing up a variety of a places. It’s quite easy when your entire campaign is based around not being Mitt Romney and not being Barack Obama, then C+Ping SarahPAC emails for your policy proposals.

Perry certainly isn’t bringing his own values, what with him believing the base to be heartless, and what with him believing in-state tuition is a right for illegal aliens.

It’d be wrong to say Rick Perry is all hat, no cattle though. He’s just borrowing Sarah Palin’s hat.

BKennedy on October 16, 2011 at 7:25 PM

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

People keep saying Perry is not coming back. It might well be true, but there is nothing that prevents it from happening. I for one will not support the man, but the truth is just that, the truth. There is plenty of reasons to back Perry, plenty of reasons to not back Perry, but each reason is weighted differently by different people.

I wish I could say the same thing for Bachmann, as she is who I would want to vote for president. I just do not see the reasons that I support her being reasons for enough others to support her. Too many people still do not want real solutions to our problems, they just want a sugar coating on the disaster coming up.

Herman Cain becomes more and more the man I said he was. Will there be any apologies from those who attacked me relentlessly because I said that he deliberately placed himself into situations where just exactly this sort of thing could occur? While I did not believe the accusations of sexual harassment, I did certainly believe that Cain was meeting these women alone, and doing so for either an ego boost of imagined desirability or to actually have a sexual encounter/affair. I would really like to have some of you Cain supporters that spent your tie attacking my position due to your bias to spend a few minutes thinking about your fanaticism and hate.

Right now I am backing Newt, as he seems to be about the only person left with any ability to win and to not tarnish/destroy the brand name of Republican party while at the same time actually turning the clock backwards some.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

SukieTawdry on November 28, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Agreed. I’m gonna guess Michelle hasn’t gotten any since 2000 (when their younger daughter was conceived). I’m also gonna guess she doesn’t mind.

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 8:50 PM

And to add to my already long comment @ 8:48pm, I could have pulled out more quotes of you – BKennedy – going all nasty on Perry.

I just do not have the time and I frankly do not care to do so.

Just please spare me the hypocrisy and “righteous” fury.

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:51 PM

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Heh. You correctly labeled Cain as someone who had affairs/encounters for an ego boost, yet you’ve pinned your hopes on Gingrich?

Is your irony meter busted?

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

You’re still an accused pedophile because you admit to having been alone with children at some point.

The fact that you cannot control yourself sexually and need to rape any woman with whom you are alone is abnormal. Get help instead of projecting your sick sexual problems onto others.

northdallasthirty on November 28, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Don’t worry, BKeyser. Perry has a problem of being a closeted gay who cheats on his wife repeatedly and lies about it.

How do we know?

Rules as applied to Cain by Perry supporters:

1. Accusations equal guilt.

2. No evidence or names are required. Perry must provide all evidence proving that he never had gay sex or affairs with anyone. He must produce all receipts, tickets, proof that he was never alone with any of these people.

3. The more accusations there are, the more they must be true.

4. Even if they come from political opponents, there is no bias and they must be true.

Not a single one of Perry’s usual supporters has even tried to refute this. They’re running away, as usual, which is why their Perry is pancaking in the polls.

That, and voters like yourself are realizing the kind of people that Perry attracts.

northdallasthirty on November 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Can Newt win? Sure.

Will Newt turn back the clock backwards some – as you put it? Nope!

Newt vs. Gingrich is the GOP Establishment’s wet dream.

It’s a win-win for them and although the erstwhile Cain now Gingrich supporters on Hot Air are slow to realize it, a groundswell of opposition is rising amongst the base for a Not-Romney Not-Gingrich candidate. That is what is starting the second look at Perry.

Conservatives are pining for an outsider not a flip-flopping liberal RINO or the personification of the Scozzafava-supporting GOP Establishment.

Perry can be trusted to do what the base wants him to do and advance conservatism. Romney will do what the media tells him to do and advance liberalism in slow motion. Gingrich will tell the base to shut up and swallow what he wants to do as he seeks to re-define conservatism.

Our choices couldn’t have been more stark.

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM

LOL… get used to being sick.

Perry did warn that this race was a marathon and not a sprint.

Now can you join me so we say this together:

C-a-i-n i-s t-o-a-s-t!

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

You don’t get it so maybe I should make it clear for you:

I don’t give one whit whether you support Cain or not.

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM

They don’t understand. This is how the liberals and democrats win. We let them.

Eventually they’ll come for the others and there will be nothing we can do because we’ve empowered them.

When I see proof of anything more than he knows her – Cain has denied sex, then I’ll believe it. As of now, it’s just gossip that they had sex.

And yes, that has been my stance in the past and will be in the future. SHOW ME THE PROOF. Until then, you have nothing. Work for it.

I will be here when they come for Perry and Romney and Gingrich.

kim roy on November 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Blah sorry, let me try that again:

LOL… get used to being sick.

Perry did warn that this race was a marathon and not a sprint.

Now can you join me so we say this together:

C-a-i-n i-s t-o-a-s-t!

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

You don’t get it so maybe I should make it clear for you:

I don’t give one whit whether you support Cain or not.

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM

They don’t understand. This is how the liberals and democrats win. We let them.

I will be here when they come for Perry and Romney and Gingrich.

kim roy on November 28, 2011 at 9:01 PM

yet you’ve pinned your hopes on Gingrich?

Is your irony meter busted?

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Yes, I do support Gingrich. I know all about 3 wives and his cheating ways of the 1980′s. Gingrich, unlike Cain, has point blank admitted to his failures, has since been born again, and has not shown any back tracking into those old ways. Cain has labeled those he spent time with as liars, only recently gave up his side activities in order to run for president, and shows no remorse at all, because as far as he is concerned he did nothing wrong. I am sure you argue that an atheist could righteously make that argument, but certainly not a married pastor who is running for the Republican nomination for president.

I think I would take someone willing to admit to mistakes, who has worked and shown to have overcome those mistakes to someone who refuses to admit to mistakes and thus can never overcome those mistakes.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I just do not have the time and I frankly do not care to do so.

Just please spare me the hypocrisy and “righteous” fury.

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:51 PM

To be honest, most of that was just trying a Limbaughesque “illustrating absurdity by being absurd” though the statements were largely true at the time. And it is true by Perry’s own admission in debates that he’s not rolled out an xyz policy yet and he’ll get to to later. I shouldn’t have done that since I thought a little chiding would get you to see the idiocy of what you were doing. Obviously I was wrong on that score.

That said I watched Perry at the Thanksgiving Family Forum and that changed my mind about him. He’s also had a few good ideas since then, though I’m not so keen on blanket zero-based foreign aid policy, and I don’t like that his tax plan keeps the current code in place and just creates an alternative. He would make quite a good president, but he’s still not coming back.

As for Newt, we’re now being reminded that he’s er… Newt Gingrich. He’s got a lot of the same problems as Romney without the money or the organization, and I don’t think he’ll hold.

Which brings us back to Cain, whose worst offense thus far is an eleven second pause during an interview with a regional paper. If I can forgive Perry for 53 seconds of incoherence and searching, I can forgive Cain 11 of them. Those pauses aren’t at all relevant to how they’d do as President. You can find over 11 minutes of uhing and awing inlaid in Obama telepromter-driven speeches ffs.

The difference between you and me is that you are going to continue being a nasty, worthless drag on all Not-Perrys, and you along with your compatriots patently refuse to filter out any media spin that would hurt a non-Perry. You are the enemy.

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Our choices couldn’t have been more stark.

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Or he could force feed gardasil down our throats while telling us that we are heartless heathens unworthy of being listened to while he does what he wants to do. Such as more wars in the middle east, our troops in Mexico fighting a drug “war” and I am not sure what his policy is on China, but I am guessing it has to deal with some sort of war, trade war? While we are in all these wars, do you think he will take it upon himself to stop having 3 month old babies strip searched at the air port, or actually, just simply get rid of the TSA?

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM

As they say in politics, timing is everything

True or false, the accusations did not appear until Cain leaped in the polls

The accusers, I would describe as the usual suspects.

Cain should have brought it out early if he was going to play the game. He needed to establish, and control the message. Then, if he still gained momentum, it was tested

Clinton was slammed with a similar barrage and got out of it, but he had the MSM fully on his side. The MSM is being cautious with Cain, but not doing him any favors, either

IMHO the Country Club wants a crowded field to dilute the message. Candidates are being neutralized, one by one. Wondering if one of the candidates sensing the danger, may have already made a deal with the devil

Should have been a golden opportunity for Newt, except Newt started believing he could do what Perry could not and shot himself in the foot

Why oh why would Newt think promoting the RINO plan would gain him traction?

entagor on November 28, 2011 at 9:10 PM

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Hilarious slander.

“Liar” is what you call people like yourself, asteronii, who accused Cain of raping and sexually assaulting these women, yet cannot provide any proof that any such thing happened.

And now you want Cain to admit to “mistakes”? You should prove he made them first. The fact that a black man will not confess to the sins you want to project on him shows not his guilt, but the degree to which racist hate is buried in your heart.

northdallasthirty on November 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM

You are a passionate Cain supporter. I understand that. You also make some insightful comments, at times, that I enjoy reading.

But do take a step back for just a moment.

If a candidate is accused of SH one or two women – that is bad but can be overcome with the right “handling”. If the number rises to four and now you have a fifth woman that is talking of a 13-year old affair – that raises valid questions!

Before these stories broke, there were rumors already afoot that Cain had a woman-problem. I am sorry that these incidents and his weak responses to them have only served to strengthen the rumors – not kill them.

Now go through my comments. I have never been nasty to Cain. My comments on him can be distilled into:

Cain is a glib talker. He has little knowledge of foreign policy and his domestic policy is summed up in a magical tax reform (9-9-9) that has no chance of ever becoming law.

In other words, he is a blank slate – a Republican Obama, albeit with business experience – that some conservatives were hoping will be their answer to wresting the black vote from Obama (a fool’s dream) and beating Obama (another pipe dream).

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Hilarious slander.

northdallasthirty on November 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Go find the quote where I said that. Go on, do it.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Isn’t it amazing how obsessed the Perry supporters are with the number of accusations, and not the evidence?

Why it’s almost like they believe that they can smear Cain out of the race without ever once having to provide any evidence. Just pay enough women to make accusations.

northdallasthirty on November 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Interesting. This is typical of Obama politics. He doesn’t defeat an opponent in a fairly-run election. He clears the field.

This started with Palin and the vicious media attacks, exacerbated by the absolute nonsense that she was somehow responsible for the January Tucson shooting because she had placed crosshairs on that district.

Now it’s Cain. Are the accusations real? No one knows yet. Were the harassment allegations true? Doesn’t appear so. Now this? Something that merited only a shoulder shrug from the media when it was Clinton with multiple women? This smacks of field clearing.

Make no mistake, the media and Obama (but I repeat myself) will do the same to every candidate until we are left with a last-minute Alan Keyes candidate.

Alinsky, Stalin and Lenin all wrapped up in one despicable fuzzball, that’s PBHO

AZfederalist on November 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Ah…

Sigh…

Palin is NOT running. Get over it! Geez!

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 8:14 PM

And face it, you’re a bitter Perry supporter waiting for your hero to rise from the dead. Perry and Cain are both finished.

ddrintn on November 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Go find the quote where I said that. Go on, do it.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I already provided it. You were screaming and bawling about how Cain raped and sexually harassed these women in this line right here.

Cain has labeled those he spent time with as liars

Man up, racist slanderer. Why do you accuse Cain of raping and sexually harassing these women without evidence?

northdallasthirty on November 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM

A non-denial denial? Stick a fork in him, he’s done.

Caiwyn on November 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Go find the quote where I said that. Go on, do it.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Cain has labeled those he spent time with as liars

northdallasthirty on November 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Seems to be some kind of twisted imagination going on in your head. It seems the flaw is you. It is not me. I have always said that I did not believe the accusers, with the exception that they spent time with Cain. Now, go find where I made the accusations or apologize.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM

northdallasthirty on November 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Missed that one. Wow, the progressiveness runs deeply within you.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:33 PM

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Number of accusations has nothing to do with it. The Democrats have engineered bogus pile-ons before. What’s damning here is that Cain is refusing to deny the affair. And if there was an affair, that lends credibility to the other accusations, as it would confirm a history of loose behavior.

And could you drop the schadenfreude? I want to see Perry get a second chance as much as anyone but you’re not exactly winning over any converts here. You accuse everyone else of being bitter that Perry stole Palin’s thunder, but you come off as someone who’s bitter that Cain stole Perry’s.

Caiwyn on November 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM

northdallasthirty on November 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I don’t actually think you are sane.

Commenters aren’t saying the things you think they are, and the words you are quoting don’t say that either.

sharrukin on November 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Caiwyn on November 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Errm, Cain DID deny the affair. It’s Cain’s lawyer that is hedging, because that’s what lawyer’s do. A lawyer’s first responsibility is always to themselves if they are at this a high level.

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Who would hire them if that were an apparent attribute of the lawyer?

You seem very delusional. Cain has been shorting the rock solid denial since day one of his women problems, always leaving room for new evidence to emerge.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Or he Gingrich could force feed gardasil Scozzafava-type candidates and Pelosi-backed global warming down our throats while telling us that we are heartless inhumane heathens unworthy of being listened to while he does what he wants to do.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM

See how that works?

For someone backing Gingrich, you sure shouldn’t be lecturing the supporters of any other candidate – even Romney.

- Gingrich has flip-flopped probably even worse than Romney.
- Unlike Cain, Gingrich has admitted to extramarital affairs.
- Gingrich shoots from the lips worse than Bachmann.
- He has an ego bigger than Huntsman.
- He is a poor manager.

The only positive thing Gingrich has going for him is that he is a good debater but conservatives are beginning to wake up to the fact that we are not electing a Debater-in-Chief.

So just as with Cain, wait for the Gingrich novelty to wear off.

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Who would hire them if that were an apparent attribute of the lawyer?

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:49 PM

What is left to imagine about “unfounded accusations” that would in any way be identified as *not* “rock solid.” Furthermore: the vehemence of any denial is not a preventative for evidence coming out.

See: “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.”

Rock-solid denial.

Somehow though, the white stain on the blue dress seemed to undermine that.

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM

canopfor on November 28, 2011 at 8:04 PM
I agree..:)

Dire Straits on November 28, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Dire Straits:-:)

canopfor on November 28, 2011 at 9:56 PM

ddrintn on November 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Cain is probably finished – that I agree with. He never really had a chance. Cain was a media hype and a Romney diversion. The media/Romney made him and they destroyed him.

Perry OTOH never died – the media sought to hype his debate flubs into campaign-killers. But as the saying goes:

The reports of Perry’s death are greatly exaggerated.

And that is what is eating up some on this forum. They do not understand why Perry doesn’t die already. And while the media continues to spin Romney vs. Gingrich as they spun Guiliani vs. Thompson this time last season – Perry continues to gather momentum on the ground.

The results will be a shocka as the 2010 primaries were. And the media will wonder how they missed it.

TheRightMan on November 28, 2011 at 9:59 PM

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Who would hire them if that were an apparent attribute of the lawyer?

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:49 PM

One would almost think lawyers get paid by the word when it takes them 63 to say something that would take the normal person 10. They are masters at saying absolutely nothing, but making it sound good.

I’ll take Cain’s “no” over a bloviating lawyer.

As for the “women problems”, there’s been no evidence. Has there been new information as to what exactly he did to harass these women? If not, then doesn’t that make you wonder? People with solid information are usually more than happy to share it.

kim roy on November 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM

kim roy on November 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Some people have people skills. Other people, back Cain.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:04 PM

If you think Gingrich’s “cheating ways” stopped in the 80′s, I’ve got a bridge or two to sell you. Now that Newt is right up there with Romney, the over/under on the appearance of the first dozen of his former affairs is two weeks.

And even if you aren’t embarrassed to trot out the “born again” tripe, I’m embarrassed for you. That’s just pitiful.

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM

What is most obviously damning about this whole affair (pardon the pun) is that Cain started a campaign at all. If he had at least one functioning brain cell in his head, he must have known this affair would come out eventually. And if he knew it would come out, it would be stupid to wait for it — a preemptive strike would be the only possibility for survival.

So either way, Cain is stupid. Embarrassingly so.

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I’ll take Cain’s “no” over a bloviating lawyer.

kim roy on November 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Either Cain instructed the lawyer what to say, or he has no control over his lawyer. You obviously favor the latter, but I’m not sure why it’s better for Cain to say the tail is wagging the dog.

Cain is as good as anyone, including Bubba, at bloviating. Phrases like “I never did anything inappropriate with anyone” is essentially meaningless, as it can be interpreted in any number of ways. But it sure makes for a good soundbite, doesn’t it? Righteous indignation, comin’ at ya.

You are defending the indefensible. Cain’s a sleaze.

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I soooo wanted to play the race card against liberals…sigh.

Iblis on November 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Splashman on November 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I guess that makes anything you say worth nothing.

If Newt has these skeletons, he will be as fairly treated as Cain has been. Of course, I have far more evidence that Cain cheated on his wife less than a year ago than you have that Newt cheated in the last decade.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I soooo wanted to play the race card against liberals…sigh.

Iblis on November 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Wait until Ron Paul names Janice Rogers-Brown to be his Veep. You’ll have plenty of opportunities then.

JohnGalt23 on November 28, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Key West Reader on November 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM

because calling her a “business woman” sounds so much more credible.

I noticed that the National Review’s article quoting Cain’s longtime receptionist at Godfather’s Pizza got no traction in the media.

One is considered to be much more critical and intellectual to believe stray women who have troubled backgrounds than all the countless people who have known Cain and/or worked for him for years and vouch for him.

And nobody in the media or here wants to ever appear to be gullible or unwise. Much easier to lend credence to unproven gossip. No one will fault them.

Excerpts:

For the next decade — Cain’s entire tenure at the Omaha-based firm — she continued in that position, answering phones and assisting executives with various projects.

Vachal worked closely with Cain. They became friends. . . .

She was close with other young women in the office, especially the assistants to Cain and the rest of the Godfather’s brass. They frequently huddled over lunch and coffee, discussing, among other things, their bosses, including the company’s gregarious chief executive.

And never once, she says, did a woman raise an eyebrow about Cain’s conduct. In fact, in an interview with National Review Online, Vachal says that during her entire career at Godfather’s Pizza, she never heard about any improper conduct, harassment, or inappropriate behavior by Cain, even in the form of water-cooler gossip. “Believe me, receptionists know everything,” she says. “They see everything.”

After watching Cain work closely with young women for years, Vachal says she was shocked to learn of the sexual-harassment claims made by former Cain associates at the National Restaurant Association, the organization Cain led after he left Godfather’s Pizza. . . . .

Vachal says she is speaking out because she does not believe Cain’s accusers. She also wants to shed a little light on his personality, to help voters understand who he is. She notes that she has not been in communication with the campaign or with Cain.

As she sees it, Cain was likely misinterpreted by the women who received settlements. At Godfather’s Pizza, within the executive suite, he was always a professional, she says. But he did enjoy complimenting staffers, be it on their work or on their sharp outfits.

“He had a very teasing attitude,” Vachal recalls. “He reminded me of my father and me. We’re both little rascals; we love to tease people.”

“Once in a while, he would tell me how attractive I looked in my pantsuit, or whatever, but I liked it,” she says. “I get it. I understand teasing. I don’t mind compliments.”

“People have become overly sensitive about things,” Vachal says, reflecting on the nature of the allegations. “Maybe people lack the confidence to say they’re uncomfortable, but I’ve always been able to say, ‘You’re standing too close.’ But with Herman, it was never like that.”

“I was a young girl in the Eighties,” she continues. “I was married and I had young children. He helped me to believe in myself even more.” His comments — to her and other young women, and employees of both genders — were meant to “boost people, period,” she says.

“I never felt uncomfortable,” she says. “We had many lunches together alone and worked together on many issues. His door was always open.”

And about Sharon Bialek, the Chicago woman who has accused Cain of groping her? Those are serious charges. “Putting his hand up her dress and forcing her head down? No friggin’ way,” Vachal says. “There is no way. No way. I bet my bottom dollar it’s false.”

“Nobody ever came to me and complained about him,” she says. “And trust me, they would have. We talked. There was nothing like what you see on Sex and the City, or those other shows. We were pretty boring in Omaha, Nebraska.”

“Women, especially then, had a lot to deal with in corporate America,” she says. “I knew of other things that went on, but there was never anything with him.”

“He was a true gentleman, always.”

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Remember folks, it’s not the veracity of the claim, but the seriousness of the charge.

You lot make me sick.

BKennedy on November 28, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Yeah, I am getting sick of people who are so quick to lend credence to unproven gossip.

I wonder if people ever think for themselves any more.

Look at the facts so far.

Excerpt: “When we asked for any corroborating evidence, she pointed us to her cell phone contacts. One name: Herman Cain.”

Who in the world has only one contact in their cell phone? and if you were having an affair with someone, would that one name have the last name in your contact?

Excerpts: “She says he gave her his newly-published book, Leadership is Common Sense, and he wrote: “Miss G, you have already made a ‘big difference!’ Stay focused as you pursue your next destination.”

When his new book, CEO of SELF, came out in 2001, she says Cain once again autographed it for her writing, “‘Friends are forever! Everything else is a bonus.’”

Does that sound like something someone would write to someone they were having an affair with? Seriously? Sounds like friendship and inspirational talk to lift someone up.

In 13 years this is the only proof she has? She has no other pieces of writing from him? No love notes? Nothing?

Cain may be toast because of the number of women (even if their stories are not credible) because a lot of voters don’t look at details and will just say there are too many for there to be no truth to it.

Very sad.

Just wait till they get a hold of Newt if he gets the nomination. This will not be pretty.

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Did he admit to said affair?

CW on November 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM

No. He has adamantly denied it. But that doesn’t matter.

Excerpts from CNN interview with Wolf Blitzer BEFORE the woman’s story even aired. He is denying it outright without knowing what proof she might present. Because he knows she would have no proof since there was no affair:

Cain: “I don’t have anything to hide” . . . .

BLITZER: Was this an affair?

CAIN: No, it was not.

BLITZER: There was no sex?

CAIN: No.

BLITZER: None?

CAIN: No. . . . .

BLITZER: Are you worried this could further hurt you in this Republican race for the White House?

CAIN: I’m more worried that this is going to hurt my wife and my family, because it’s going to be proved that it was probably something else that was baseless. And the court of public opinion does not consider that when they want to pass that judgment.

I can take the lumps. I expected this kind of stuff when I made the decision to run for the president of the United States of America. But the thing that I’m worried about is the impact it’s going to have on my wife and my family, because they should not be subjected to false accusations that cannot be proved.

BLITZER: Have you spoken to your wife and family about this?

CAIN: Yes, I have. I have spoken to my wife.

BLITZER: How did — how did they react?

CAIN: My wife’s reaction was very similar to mine. Here we go again. And when I told her what little information that I knew about it, her response was the same as mine. And that was, here we go again. We will basically show, when the details become available, that I didn’t do anything wrong. . . . . .

BLITZER: But you’re staying in this race?

You’re not dropping out?

CAIN: I’m not dropping out of this race, no. As long as my wife is behind me, and as long as my wife believes that I should stay in this race, I’m staying in this race, because I am sick and tired of the hurt and harm that somebody out there is doing to my family, more so to me, with these baseless — these baseless charges.

See, what this says is, is that somebody is awfully afraid that I’m doing too well in this Republican nomination to continue to dig up these stories to try and put a cloud and a damper on my campaign. We are going to stay focused on this campaign. . . . .

CAIN: My grand — all the grandkids. That’s why I’m doing this, for the grandkids. So that’s the number one — when I — have said, why am I putting myself through this?

The answer is for my grandkids and all of the other grandkids out there, to leave them a nation as good as or better than the one that we were able to pursue our opportunities.

But then the second reason that I continue to hang in there is because if I drop out because of this kind of mess, as my grandmother would call it, then the system wins. And one of the reasons I’m running is to change the system. And this is one of the aspects of it. It’s just the way it is, but I’m not going to allow this sort of thing to cause me to drop out simply because it’s tough on me.

I don’t want it to be tough on my family. And there comes a point that if it’s tough on my family, I have to consider that at that particular point in time.

BLITZER: And you would drop out if it got overwhelmingly tough?

CAIN: I would — I’ll make that decision depending upon the circumstances and how it is impacting my wife and my family. That’s my number one concern by all of these accusations.

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 1:29 AM

They don’t understand. This is how the liberals and democrats win. We let them.

I will be here when they come for Perry and Romney and Gingrich.

kim roy on November 28, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Exactly.

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 1:31 AM

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM

You just admitted it.

You were screaming and bleating about Cain making mistakes. The only mistake Cain could have made was raping or sexually harassing those women; therefore, you are accusing him of raping and sexually harassing these women. You’re just too much of a coward to admit it.

Meanwhile, your friend sharruken continues a long and proud tradition of the Obama left unethically trying to attack someone else’s sanity.

Maybe sharruken can provide its degrees and state license that show it is qualified to make such diagnoses – in which case a complaint will be filed with both the state that provided the license and with its professional association, the result of which will be that shurriken will be stripped of its license for unethical diagnosis.

Or perhaps it can just admit that it’s a liar who slanders people with diagnoses it is in no way qualified to make.

northdallasthirty on November 29, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Nearly 19 years ago, a presidential candidate was inundated with scandalous stories of affairs, sexual assault, and rape. With 8 months until the general election, he dropped out under the pressure of the “bimbo eruption”. Interesting that it was so named, as the media presumptively attacked the accusers rather than the accused. No real investigation into the allegations, but intense dirt-digging into the lives of those making the unpleasant claims. Two months later, the accused rapist returns to his party’s race for the nomination, and thanks to Ross Perot, had the Oval Office at his disposal for yet more infidelities during his two terms as President.

Just like now, right? Except, not so much. Instead, the media is quick to avoid the names of most of the accusers (lest you find they are connected to Chicago liberal political operatives), and is taking the “high road” of leaving them their privacy, taking their words as gospel that they were the terrorized victims of a vicious philanderer.

That doesn’t mean that he isn’t seriously damaged by these accusations even if false, and that’s a shame, but that’s liberal politics.

Freelancer on November 29, 2011 at 2:49 AM

kim roy on November 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Some people have people skills. Other people, back Cain.

astonerii on November 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM

?? That’s a totally useless comment.

Let me help you and what, unfortunately, seems like a number of people here.

Wanting the truth and not buying the libs/dems/LSM =/= to being a Cain backer.

It’s getting frustrating dealing with/reading comments from people who cannot handle such subtleties.

There are some of us who are more concerned with having the candidates smeared and run out of town and eventually chosen for us.

Instead people would rather build strawmen and name call than to actually be concerned about what is going on here – smears without foundation. Do we have proof that Cain has done anything inappropriately whether it be with sexual harassment or having an extramarital affair?

If so, please enlighten. So far I haven’t seen anything that remotely looks like compelling information. Dubious people making allegations is just that – allegations.

He well may be guilty, but I see nothing to “convict” him on yet. Do you? Would you consider there enough to go to court with?

Make them work for it. Make them come up with something concrete and solid. Not innuendo and BS.

It’s really disheartening to see “conservatives” help them win.

Once again, for those that don’t have the attention span and comprehension issues:

One day, when they come for your candidate, you will be glad people like us exist.

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Don’t get me wrong: if it turns out to be true that Cain had an affair, it should and will damage his credibility. That said, who’s the base going to run to, Newt? I mean, if we want someone who’s never cheated on his wife….. OH, RIGHT.

Welcome to the space between a rock and a harder place than before.

Your options, Conservatives:

1) The statist and waffle-maker extraordinaire with the nice hair and his very own version of an Obama program.
2) The guy with the awesome congressional record but questionable personal principles and not much experience outside the political bubble.
3) The Tea Partier who can’t seem to get his story straight, which however innocent is insanely easy for the MSM to exploit.
4) The libertarian hero with big anti-entitlement balls but extreme isolationist positions. (Sarc off/ Dems will support his isolationism but fight his spending cuts, then say they compromised.)
5) The lady who could almost be Palin if she had actual leadership accomplishments.
6) The Texan who seems surprised to discover there’s a world outside Texas.

WHO’S IT GOING TO BE, FOLKS? If we’re going to blow the biggest electoral opportunity since Carter, we might as well go big.

Animator Girl on November 29, 2011 at 3:14 AM

See ya Herman. You are done. Including your marriage.

Exit while you at least have no dignity left.

rickyricardo on November 29, 2011 at 3:15 AM

You just admitted it.

northdallasthirty on November 29, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Son, Thorazine will do wonders for those voices in your head.

Consult with your physician. Although I’m quite sure he’ll agree.

JohnGalt23 on November 29, 2011 at 5:33 AM

I’m not a witch Philanderer….

Baskin Robins reports that the fifth of its 31 flavors has been shelved; It began with Grizzly road, Santorini Soufley, Crazy minteyes, Perrylicious, and now the latest Cain’t stop cheating….
No word yet on its latest offering Newtrino..

Bradky on November 29, 2011 at 6:23 AM

It’s an affair so it only matters because the R voter base is by-and-large actually in possession of the few remaining moral standards.

curved space on November 29, 2011 at 7:15 AM

1) read the Fox News Story (Atlanta) – First paragraph – Atlanta businesswoman . . . Go to the end – Ms White is unemployed. What a load of bs.
and
2) You do know that ‘tipping off’ (read the story, Fox News received a phone tip) the msm twice is exactly how Obama won his IL State Senate seats to go onto his stellar 154 day term as a IL US Senator and then onto the WH.

I put nothing past the current President as he knows that he is in trouble for re-election and that he must take out the strongest candidates against him. And laugh all you want about Palin or Cain – but ask yourself, honestly, exactly why those two candidates got such intense media attacks when the man in the WH right now has no credible vetting what-so-ever.

jackal40 on November 29, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Can’t wait for Herm’s next appearance on O’Reilly.

Kissmygrits on November 29, 2011 at 8:59 AM

. . . . Long before I would consider a run for any political office, I’d have to face the fact that my brothers, who share the polar opposite of my views on pretty much all of life, would be my worst nightmare if anyone found them to be interviewed. With no worse skeletons in my closet than a (seriously) bad driving record in my youth, I’d still know better than to bother trying. I’d say that Herman Cain would have to be a total moron to have entered this race knowing there were all these grenades waiting to go off in his face. Since it seems that he’s a fairly shrewd guy, I’d have to presume that the truth is on his side, unless jury-convincing evidence were presented otherwise.

Freelancer on November 29, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Exactly.

Where is the proof? Conservatives don’t know how the game is played and they just destroy their own with no proof.

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 10:13 AM

and

jackal40 on November 29, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Worth repeating.

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 10:16 AM

. . . Wanting the truth and not buying the LSM/lib/dem story without something concrete =/= to being a Cain supporter.

kim roy on November 29, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Anyone with kids knows how quickly texts rack up.

Do the math people. Think for yourselves. Don’t just jump on the bandwagon so that people don’t think you are gullible.

He said she was a friend and he was trying to help her financially. If he or she texted or called and the other one answered back even only once each instance, that is contact less than twice a week for the 4 months. That sounds reasonable to me.

What I find amazing is that over 13 years the only thing she has in writing is 2 of his books that he signed with a general friendship and inspirational talk type message. Didn’t sound like any affair. And not only did he not sign it with love or any affection, he signs it with his first and last name. Yeah, everyone I’ve ever dated signed his last name. Like signing Herman wasn’t enough.

Where are the birthday cards? Christmas cards? Anything else as proof?

And why is his name the ONLY contact in her phone and why does the contact have his first and last name if he is her lover? Weird. I don’t have anyone with a first and last name. The most I have is a last initial and I have about a hundred contacts, not just one.

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM

When Obama is re-elected in 2008, are you going to come here to whine?

MeatHeadinCA on November 28, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Please do not cause rips in the space-time continuum. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

In this latest kerfuffle, cui bono? Who benefits?

I think it’s Vizzini Huntsman.

VekTor on November 29, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Freelancer on November 29, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Elisa on November 29, 2011 at 1:29 AM

I’d say that Freelancer and Elisa pretty much have it right. If this is true, then Cain has a character problem and should be toast. But let’s also recall the stark difference between the media’s treatment of those who accuse Republicans (they lionize them) and those who accuse Democrats (they are treated like dirt and every aspect of their life is dug into to find something embarrassing) anyone who accuses (honestly). Remember how the media treated the Clinton accusers (and they were many and credible). Remember how the media tried to bury the Edwards story (it took the National Enquirer of all things to actually break that one). Remember that Barney Frank, who by his own admission engaged in homosexual flirting and such with pages, is walking free and the media has no problem with him. Remember how Mark Foley (the Florida Republican who was hounded out of office for some inappropriate texts) was replaced by a serial philanderer and yet the national media is silent on that.

And I also think that the timing of this stinks to high heaven. Could these charges be true? Sure, and if they are, Mr. Cain’s career should be over. But since the media seems to think that only accusers of Democrats should be vetted, let’s give Mr. Cain the benefit of the doubt. The burden of proof is on the accusers at this point.

Is Herman Cain the best candidate? I’m not sure. I like some of this ideas, but then I like some of all the candidates’ ideas, to be honest. I’m still in the undecided ring but I absolutely agree with kim roy, who said:

They don’t understand. This is how the liberals and democrats win. We let them.

I will be here when they come for Perry and Romney and Gingrich.

kim roy on November 28, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I apologize for the lengthy post, but’s time we stopped allowing the degenerate propaganda shills in the media and the political character assassins in the Democratic Party dictate who the Republican nominee will be. Time for US to choose. Our guys are being vetted, so let the best man (or woman) win. Just my two cents.

StoneHeads on November 29, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Root For Newt!

(Fickle, ain’t I)

flicker on November 28, 2011 at 6:37 PM
I like that.

Bumper sticker worthy!

Chip on November 28, 2011 at 6:42 PM

How about a symbol of a horn (car) and “Toot for Newt”?

RedLizard64 on November 29, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Hang in there Herman. (If you’re innocent of this sex stuff that is.) We want you to fight this stuff.

enerwaste on November 29, 2011 at 8:09 PM

He may be innocent of all wrongdoing; but it I tried to write an “I cheated on my wife, you caught me, and I want to skip the topic” statement of weaselly words I’d have trouble writing one that conveys that message better than this does.

If you get stabbed in the chest, I remove the knife and try to perform CPR, and the police break in; I’m not going to respond with:

Really, what’s so bad about murder… in the grand scheme of thing we all die; nobody should care who got killed or who did the stabbing.

If I do respond like that, and I am innocent and just trying to help; I’m clearly the biggest moron on the face of the planet.

gekkobear on November 29, 2011 at 10:05 PM

How about a symbol of a horn (car) and “Toot for Newt”?

RedLizard64 on November 29, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Are you saying that Newt gives one gas, i.e. indigestion? Or that he’s full of, ahem, hot air?

Aslans Girl on November 30, 2011 at 7:12 AM