Limbaugh: What if the other Michelle was introduced with the song “I like big butts”?

posted at 7:25 pm on November 23, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Maybe the folks over at The Daily Beast have a point: This might have been a little less than classy of the Great El Rushbo. It does have a little “eye-for-an-eye” quality to it. (And, in general, I tend to think both the office of the president and the office of the First Lady deserve to be respected in and of themselves.) But it’s also — I have to admit — pretty funny.

Playing off Bachmann’s point earlier today that NBC would definitely apologize if Jimmy Fallon and The Roots had treated Michelle Obama the way they treated her, Rush today introduced a fake Mrs. O with Sir Mix-a-Lot’s “Baby Got Back.” You know the one. “I like big butts and I cannot lie” …

When somebody in his studio seems to demur, Rush says, “I get it. One is true and one is not. That’s the difference.” Bold, I tell ya: The man does not back down.

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Like I said, I’m not very computer literate. I know that HA has had some “problems” in the past but I don’t know why. Have you tried to shut down and re start the computer?

sicoit on November 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Imagine if conservatives were all made up of people like itsnotaboutme, the left would rule everything because we would be to worried about hurting their feelings and doing something politically incorrect.

The Notorious G.O.P on November 23, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Unfortunately too many “conservatives” are like him. The left does rule pretty much everything. Look how often someone on our side says something the left deems politically incorrect, or “insensitive” and the speaker then wets their self like a puppy.

arnold ziffel on November 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Have you tried to shut down and re start the computer?

sicoit on November 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I am doing some work right now so I don’t really want to do that.
When I refresh it drops the frames for some reason.

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 8:46 PM

However, I believe it seems Tina may have an embedded image (the pic of Rush) that is just a tiny wee bit wider than it should be for the HA template, which might carry over to other pages at HA (until you refresh the other pages).
whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 8:32 PM

So if I dropped this thread from the Tabs it might work fine?
sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Hmmm….I’m using FF v.8.0.1 w/Windows and I’m don’t see any problems with multiple HA tabs. (Though I usually just have one tab open on a commenting site so I don’t put a comment in a wrong thread!)

But if you compare the embedded pic of Rush above to the one that the pic links to, you’ll see the one here is stretched a bit horizontally. Could be just enough to throw some individual PC/device off a bit in the page rendering.

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Whoops.

predator on November 23, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I hate rap, but I love this one.

Fits perfectly.

Apologies to one of my fave political allies, Jelly Toast, who rightfully scolded me about bashing Her Majesty a few weeks ago. Hey, Mr. Toast, I’m tryin’ hard, really hard, but sometimes, when her over-reach intrudes so often into my personal life, and is so relentlessly and shamelessly reinforced by MSM, it’s almost impossible not to vent.

petefrt on November 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Have you tried to shut down and re start the computer?

sicoit on November 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I am doing some work right now so I don’t really want to do that.
When I refresh it drops the frames for some reason.

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 8:46 PM

If you’re not doing anything important online you could just clear out FF, shut it down and restart it again. Don’t really need to shut down the PC. I assume your FF is updated/current.

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I am doing some work right now so I don’t really want to do that.
When I refresh it drops the frames for some reason.

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Hold down the shift key and click on the refresh icon (270 degree circle in the address bar) let me know if that helps.

F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I think you may have been right about the picture.

I dropped the Limbaugh tab and it loaded fine with full frames.

I guess Limbaugh is just too wide for the thread. /

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Way to Go Rush! I’m so glad he is on our side

Dollayo on November 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Go pound sand. You deserve only as much respect as you give, and don’t even try to tell me that Barry and Michelle respect the American people, the will of the people, our form of government, anyone with an opposing viewpoint, capitalism, American ideals, American exceptionalism, the Constitution, or the Office of the President. I’ll respect him when he respects us. Til then, he can kiss my a$$.

Dopenstrange on November 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

SlaveDog on November 23, 2011 at 8:23 PM

LoL!..:)

PS..Remember John Kerry served in Vietnam..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Dopenstrange on November 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Excellent post..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Classless is the President of the United States telling his supporters that people like myself are his enemy and we should be punished. Some of you need to wake up and understand the type of people we are dealing with.

You might have to get dirty to win the war we are fighting with these people. This includes the Rinos who want to tell us moderation is key, as if slowly spending ourselves into bankruptcy will make a difference in the end result.

This bit was hilarious, get over it!

Africanus on November 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Yeah, I feel slightly guilty for laughing at Rush’s bit, but(t) that was funny.

Mallard T. Drake on November 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I think you may have been right about the picture.

I dropped the Limbaugh tab and it loaded fine with full frames.

I guess Limbaugh is just too wide for the thread. /

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Well, Tina every once in awhile puts up a pic that’s too big for the template without “telling it” to resize in the embed code, so that was my first suspect, lol. Sometimes just a silly millimeter can throw a page off for some people. When you’ve been dealing with such stuff for umpteen years, it’s easy to diagnose the simple stuff pretty quickly.

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Maybe the folks over at The Daily Beast have a point

Go pound sand. You deserve only as much respect as you give
Dopenstrange on November 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

What has Tina done to you to “deserve” that from you?

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I guess this goes in the “Computers will make our lives easier” file?

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM

That was in very poor taste. Remember when Halperin called Obama a Dick? The reaction should be the same in this case. So the question is if conservative representatives can be ridiculed, why can’t democrats be ridiculed?

antisocial on November 23, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Maybe the folks over at The Daily Beast have a point

What has Tina done to you to “deserve” that from you?

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM

She’s agreeing with it, isn’t she?

Dopenstrange on November 23, 2011 at 9:08 PM

What has Tina done to you to “deserve” that from you?

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I thought it was fine to respect the office and still hate the man.

F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I thought it was fine to respect the office and still hate the man.

F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I agree..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Rush Limbaugh has more heart for the fight than all of the suck asses running for President on either side of the isle.

The question is why would any conservative go on these punks show? Think about that. I tell ya these politicians are all cut from the same cloth.

What has happened to my Country?

jarhead0311 on November 23, 2011 at 9:12 PM

This is pretty tame satirical stuff from Rush. That bit with Bachmann on Fallon’s show is what we call a cowardly passive-aggressive act by stunted boys who don’t know how to act like respectful men when someone disagrees with them. Next time, just have a large bucket filled with pig blood waiting up on the rafters and dump it on Bachmann’s head as she waves to the crowd on stage. Might as well go all in.

RepubChica on November 23, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I thought it was fine to respect the office and still hate the man.

F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I agree..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I didn’t get to listen to much of Rush today, I’m sorry I missed this, Rush nailed it on the head, as usual.

Mini-14 on November 23, 2011 at 9:21 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Good one alt..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2011 at 9:23 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM

AWT Exactly like that…

At least that is what I have been told by liberals during the W presidency.

F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Good one alt..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I’ve seen BoB maybe 12 times…straight through. Winters died in January. I cried when I read about it on Breitbart.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Also for the record I never showed disrespect to a senior officer in my entire life (except for basic training when I announced “male entering the dorm” when it was a female TSgt that entered).

F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 9:31 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM

BoB was excellent..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Go pound sand.
Dopenstrange

What has Tina done to you to “deserve” that from you?
whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM

She’s agreeing with it, isn’t she?
Dopenstrange on November 23, 2011 at 9:08 PM

“Maybe” and “might” from a lady are hardly fightin’ words that should provoke a nasty response like that. Besides, you didn’t read Tina’s entire post, you flew off into an uncalled for rage at just a few innocent out-of-context intro words. To save you the effort of scrolling up:

But it’s also — I have to admit — pretty funny.

i.e. Risque, but hilarious – it’s what Rush does so well.

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Where do you get the idea that Reagan was “nice” Listen to some of his speech’s he took out after the left with passion. How nice was it to say “tear down this wall” Or “the left knows so much that isn’t so” No my friends the magic of Reagan was his timing. G-D I miss the gipper!

jainphx on November 23, 2011 at 9:40 PM

What has Tina done to you to “deserve” that from you?
whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I thought it was fine to respect the office and still hate the man.
F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Maybe something went WHOOSH! over my head, what with visions of turkey dancing in my head, but I’m not quite getting your connection there, F15Mech. You mean in showing respect to Tina as you might an officer/office holder or ?

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I think both Michelles have nicely shaped . . . . . . . . . well, you know.

listens2glenn on November 23, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Limbaugh proves himself to be just as classless as Fallon’s band.

itsnotaboutme on November 23, 2011 at 7:31 PM

And you proved that you are an idiot.

ChuckTX on November 23, 2011 at 10:08 PM

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Yes there was a big F15 WHOOSH! over your head.

F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Used to like Rush but somehow – every time we take the moral high ground he does something to spoil it.

HondaV65 on November 23, 2011 at 7:45 PM

And how’s that been working out?

If being called racist bigots is part of the moral high road, I’ll pass. If watching people like Bachmann and Palin get called c*nts with nary a blink, I’ll pass. If it means that Palin gets accused of mass murder, gets rape threats and yuks about the “wombshifter”, I’ll pass. If it means that people like Cain and Thomas get called Uncle Toms, I’ll pass.

What I will do is support people who fight back and are willing to put themselves out there to make the point.

kim roy on November 23, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Hahahahahaha thanks Tina Korbe and Hot Air. That was hilarious and I would have missed it without your efforts. ROFL with Rushbo

DaMav on November 23, 2011 at 10:13 PM

So if I dropped this thread from the Tabs it might work fine?

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Did you try the shift – F5 reload yet?

If a image is oversized it can stay in your cache. The shift F5 should force a reload of the data from hotair.com

Using FF with noscript so I can block the annoying adds from Hotair.

F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Did you try the shift – F5 reload yet?

it is actually a shift – reload not shift – F5

F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Did you try the shift – F5 reload yet?

I did and it wouldn’t refresh.

Using FF with noscript so I can block the annoying adds from Hotair.

F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I have Adblock Plus so its not a problem.

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 10:23 PM

This might have been a little less than classy of the Great El Rushbo.

Tina, I’m disappointed in you. It’s hilarious and just what the doctor ordered, with one difference: Michelle Obama really does have a big ass, whereas Michele Bachmann is neither a bitch nor a liar.

disa on November 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Using FF with noscript so I can block the annoying adds from Hotair.
F15Mech on November 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I have Adblock Plus so its not a problem.
sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Yup, noscript isn’t very discreet in what it blocks, too much of a drastic solution to a simple problem (ads). If you’re using Windows or Mac you should give your PC a good cleaning, inc the FF cache, with a freebie such as CCleaner. Although you can clean FF simply by using “Clear Recent History” under “Tools” on the menu bar.

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 10:34 PM

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Already have CCleaner and I make it a habit to clear my history every couple of days at least. I think it was the picture in this thread. If I drop the tab it loads fine. Refresh. Then I can go back by reopening the thread before closing the tab once more.

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 10:36 PM

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I’m compulsive on keeping the PC clean, lean and mean. Thorough cleaning, registry cleanup and defragging before each shutdown. Only takes maybe two minutes.

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 10:42 PM

whatcat on November 23, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I am a little more sloppy, but I haven’t had an infection for close to a year.

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 10:44 PM

The reason it’s funny – classless or not – is that it’s almost trivially easy to imagine an interviewer doing just that to anyone in the world who is not the activist wife of a Democratic President.

That said, I’m not feeling sorry for Michelle Bachmann. Her credulousness, more than anything else, disqualifies her from being President. She shouldn’t have needed a hard education at all after observing what happened to Sarah Palin three years ago, but she certainly should have learned after all of her own run-ins with the media.

HitNRun on November 23, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Ruish rocks when he really wants to make a point, and in this case he really hits the nail on the head.

BTW, Rush could have named pretty much ANY Democrat politician and it would have worked as well. ;o)

What if the other Michelle Barney Frank was introduced with the song “I like big butts”?

FIFY.

DannoJyd on November 23, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Wasn’t it Moochy’s friend Beyonce that was singing about Bootylicious not too long ago?

Jus sayin.

PappyD61 on November 23, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Tina Korbe, go away and come back when you learn how not to write equivocating posts. In sum, grow a pair and take a stand one way or another. This wanting to have your cake and eat it stuff is for the spineless.

Maybe the folks at DC have it right on Rush. Then your snickering comments begin. Either you agree with Rush or you don’t. Whichever, you don’t get to go CYA mode.

SilentWatcher on November 23, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Rush’s media tweak of the year. I was listening at work on earphones – I think I scared my fellow cube dwellers when I cracked up.

batter on November 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Among the people Rush pointed out as hypocritical of regarding the Bachmann attack were the National Organization of Women.

After 12 hours, NOW has yet to respond to either the Fallon attack or Rush’s commentary. As expected, NOW is cowering from their own absurdities.

NOW proves yet again that they are a simply a Democratic party political organization and do NOT actually care about all women.

Freddy on November 24, 2011 at 12:16 AM

HondaV65

It’s probably the democrat in you struggling to get out.

xblade on November 24, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Rush’s response to the Fallon fiasco was PERFECT!!!

The Leftards will now think twice about insulting a Conservative: not because they want to, but because they KNOW that the right’s parody of their juvenile tricks will be SO MUCH BETTER AND ON THE MARK…and the Leftards’ will look even more lame and juvenile.

landlines on November 24, 2011 at 1:24 AM

” (And, in general, I tend to think both the office of the president and the office of the First Lady deserve to be respected in and of themselves.)”

I used to think so too but that is now so in the past. I lost respect for the office when the Libs showed zero respect for Bush.
The country is being destroyed within and I’m supposed to show respect for politicians?

Goodale on November 24, 2011 at 2:07 AM

You destroy a narcissist by insulting them. Keep it up Rush, the liberals earned and deserve all the scorn and ridicule they get.

dthorny on November 24, 2011 at 7:17 AM

About the only way this could have been better is if Debbie Wasserman-Hyphen was the warm up act, for Mochelle.

MNHawk on November 24, 2011 at 8:19 AM

IMO the idea of FLOTUS warrenting respect just due to the office is based on a sitting FLOTUS staying totally out of anything political – just doing the warm & soft feel good stuff. When MO ventures into political campaigning she loses any deference her role entitoles her to. If she wants to push BO’s agenda she gets the same treatment Hillary got.

katiejane on November 24, 2011 at 8:23 AM

I would have preferred Fat Bottom Girls by Queen.

Bigfoot on November 24, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Rush is absolutely correct and he used a brilliant illustration. Zero’s thugs would descend with wrath upon anyone who did this.

dogsoldier on November 24, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Three cheers for Rush!

As long as we accept both their behavior and their demand that we live up to higher standards of conduct they will come accross as tough and we will come accross as weak in the eyes of the public.

We saw Bush 43 attempt to “rise above the fray” by not dignifying his harshest critics with a response. Instead of looking Presidential he ended up looking like someone who could not address the snipes and lies.

I only wish that Rush came up with something uglier for that witch in the White House!

clnurnberg on November 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM

kim roy on November 23, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Precisely. There is no use to this “high ground” if no one sees it but you. The media has consistently painted the moral high ground as an area occupied by people too weak, too unprepared, and too immoral to fight back.

clnurnberg on November 24, 2011 at 10:12 AM

I think the comparison fits. And rush has a point.

tx2654 on November 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM

jainphx on November 23, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Agreed. To this day, the left fears the man. They are still butt-hurt by the thrashing he handed them.

Immolate on November 24, 2011 at 10:35 AM

I am a little more sloppy, but I haven’t had an infection for close to a year.

sharrukin on November 23, 2011 at 10:44 PM

So you find it easier to post in a blog to get your computer support? Rather self-serving, isn’t it?

Wade on November 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Why is it not considered racist what Fallon’s band did? If the band was white and Bachman was a black dem we would be hearing racism cries non stop.

The Notorious G.O.P on November 23, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Racism 101: Only whites are racists?

Gang-of-One on November 24, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Rush is awesome.

I’ve noticed that the First Caboose seems smaller than before.
Does anyone else think that she’s had that thing liposuctioned?

justltl on November 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Frankly, I think it’s clever and funny but would have lacked the courage to say it. Still, it’s just playing the game with the left’s rules, so go for it.

jeanie on November 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Good for Rush

the first ” chicken head ” deserves all she gets

A homosexual, a black guy and a commie walk into a bar

the bartenders asks,

what can I get you barack?

Sonosam on November 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I would have preferred Fat Bottom Girls by Queen.

Bigfoot on November 24, 2011 at 9:11 A

NOW yer talking!

Shambhala on November 24, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Rush is awesome.

I’ve noticed that the First Caboose seems smaller than before.
Does anyone else think that she’s had that thing liposuctioned?

justltl on November 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Just think of all the soap you could make!

gryphon202 on November 24, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Big believer in eye for an eye (plus) here.

But(t) it really isn’t for Rush was merely illustrating his case with a hypothetical and he is completely right.

Nor do I believe any animals were harmed in the making of his show.

Besides turkeys, that is….

Sherman1864 on November 24, 2011 at 3:43 PM

and its articles like these why Ive been reading HA less and less lately.

He basically pointed out the Hypocricy of the MSM, and all some of you can do is say “Rush went too far”?

DaSaintFan on November 24, 2011 at 3:58 PM

“Office of the First Lady”?

Oh, puh-leeeeese…

mojo on November 24, 2011 at 11:12 PM

… every time we take the moral high ground …

And just where has that gotten us? Maybe it’s time we use their tactics against them. Scratch that: it’s way past time.

pdigaudio on November 25, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Office of the First Lady Yeti

There. FIFY.

pdigaudio on November 25, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Limbaugh proves himself to be just as classless as Fallon’s band.

itsnotaboutme on November 23, 2011 at 7:31 PM

itsnotaboutme,

That statement of yours is absolutely absurd, pure, unadulterated nonsense, and a big pile of excrement!

Fallon’s band played a tune in which the original lyrics call a person a “lyin’ bitc@.”

There is absolutely nothing offensive about “Baby’s Got Back.”

In the song the singer delcares that the loves women with big backsides. How is that offensive? A gazillion black males have declared that they like big backsides in a woman.

I don’t see how you equate Rush Limbaugh as being as classless as Fallon’s band. The comparison just isn’t there.

William2006 on November 25, 2011 at 6:21 AM