Georgia business owner: I can’t hire anyone until Obama is gone

posted at 8:05 pm on November 23, 2011 by Allahpundit

Old Obama campaign excuse: The economy is terrible because the GOP’s blocking my jobs bill. New Obama campaign excuse: The economy is terrible because red-staters who hate me won’t hire anyone out of spite.

Tomorrow we’re eating turkey but tonight it’s red meat all the way:

“Can’t afford it,” explained the employer, Bill Looman, Tuesday evening. “I’ve got people that I want to hire now, but I just can’t afford it. And I don’t foresee that I’ll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C.”…

Looman made it clear, talking with 11Alive’s Jon Shirek, that he is not refusing to hire to make some political point; it’s that he doesn’t believe he can hire anyone, because of the economy. And he blames the Obama administration…

Looman did receive some unexpected attention not long after he put up his signs and Facebook photos. He said someone, and he thinks he knows who it was, reported him to the FBI as a threat to national security. He said the accusation filtered its way through the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and finally the Secret Service. Agents interviewed him.

“The Secret Service left here, they were in a good mood and laughing,” Looman said. “I got the feeling they thought it was kind of ridiculous, and a waste of their time.”

Like Ace, I’m wondering whether “Bill” is his first name or his middle name because the media will find that an important point about his credibility once the inevitable punitive airing of this poor guy’s dirty laundry begins.

Just think: If the Romney skeptics are right, this guy won’t be able to hire someone for another five years. Here’s the clip of Tooman plus, via Greg Hengler, a snippet of Home Depot co-founder (and Romney supporter) Ken Langone piling on. All we need is one more for a trend!

Comments

And some jackass Obama supporter thought all the money spent on that veiled attempt of intimidation was worth it.

That type of thing is the epitome of the Democratic Party mindset. It’s akin to hiring folks to dig a hole and then fill it back up.

ButterflyDragon on November 23, 2011 at 8:11 PM

This guy rocks. He’s got more cajones than most people in DC.

gophergirl on November 23, 2011 at 8:11 PM

And so says the rest of the country.

purgatory on November 23, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Occupy Home Depot!
Who’s with me…?

Electrongod on November 23, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Well…I need to get a new bathroom sink anyway.
But I will take my time!!!

Electrongod on November 23, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Atlas is shrugging and speaking out also….

ted c on November 23, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Occupy Home Depot!
Who’s with me…?

Electrongod on November 23, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Thousands of illegals?

Oldnuke on November 23, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Thousands of illegals?

Oldnuke on November 23, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Only in the parking lots.
I plan to be indoors.

Electrongod on November 23, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I always thought it’d be a hoot to make a craigslist ad for a job but add “Democrats need not apply”

lorien1973 on November 23, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Cannot believe the Secret Service visited this guy. Criticize the president’s economic policies — and get a visit from the Secret Service?! And the media thinks this kind of liberal fascism is just swell. A big, fat ABUSE OF POWER story falls right in their laps, but they’ll ignore it because they’re such useful idiots. And since they don’t read, don’t know any history, they have no idea what the fascists have in store for them when their tenure as useful idiots is no longer needed.

Rational Thought on November 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM

If every business in the US publicly stated the same, perhaps Obama might decide to leave early.

cthulhu on November 23, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Thousands of illegals?

Oldnuke on November 23, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I don’t care who you are, that right there was funny. :-)

AZfederalist on November 23, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Where is Eric Holder when we need him? This sign is obviously a call for assasination. I am sure the AG can invent a law to put this guy in jail. Eric is very adept at inventing laws.

burt on November 23, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Don’t come a knocking if Obama is a talkin’

Electrongod on November 23, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Cannot believe the Secret Service visited this guy. …

Rational Thought on November 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I think it was the “…until Obama is gone” that was the excuse for the visit. Sounds like the SS didn’t really think it was a big deal; they were just covering their bases to make sure it wasn’t a threat rather than a political statement. From what I understand, they are very professional and don’t let politics cloud their duty. If it did, some of the recent Democrat presidents and families would be accorded less than optimal protection because they and their families have the tendency to treat the SS agents as “the help” and with not a lot of respect even given the jobs with which these agents are charged.

AZfederalist on November 23, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I think it was the “…until Obama is gone” that was the excuse for the visit.

AZfederalist on November 23, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Darn. My previous post is an invitation then.
I better turn the light on.

Electrongod on November 23, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I hope this guy is prepared for his MFM Anal exam. How dare he question Teh Won!!!

Pelosi delende est on November 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Rational Thought on November 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM

That’s why I was just saying to my wife that if Obama declared himself Reich Fuhrer, you could not be guaranteed to get a consistent opinion from liberals. “Well, we haven’t tried fascism per se…” And then would be calling your “hatred” of fascism disturbing.

Which is why I think that it has been a mistake for conservatives to react with outrage first, but should really make it part of answering liberals with the preface, “Well, assuming that you’re not full of crap on this….” Liberals make up rules on an instant and discard them about as fast, they are extremely creatures of expediency.

There were commies in Hollywood trying to blacklist patriotic actors long before the blacklists to root out commie influence in Hollywood. In the 50s, while they were trying to sell the idea that it was just bad sport to think of your neighbors as “the enemy within”, they trembled over the rise of the right–the fascist next door. And now, the thing that liberals fear the most are other Americans–while saying that the government that “killed Kennedy” is “us”.

Axeman on November 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Remember Hoffa, Jr.? Obama was not the “speech police”. No, he’s got other people in that organization for that role.

Axeman on November 23, 2011 at 9:07 PM

This guy is being called everything from a terrorist to a pedophile on his facebook page – typical “Liberal” reaction.
There’s people hoping he dies, talking about concentration camps for Conservatives and so on. Some self important $&*#-$- “reporter” is on there acting like he’s a god or something…..I mean seriously, they’re plain looney.

But if some OWS $*$&@* threatens to firebomb Macys, that’s just dandy.

Insanity.

KMC1 on November 23, 2011 at 9:21 PM

This shows the brilliance of Barry… He has people advertising that they are not hiring… and he has thousands of OWSers camping out and refusing to work… or even clean up after themselves for that matter.
MatchMaker.com is jealous of Barry skillz…

RalphyBoy on November 23, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Government, other than courts and defense, is a dead weight upon the ability of the people to produce. Barackulus the suffocator in chief.

AshleyTKing on November 23, 2011 at 9:25 PM

“Lot of People are waken up”!!
==============================

Well,this Horrific Hopey/Change Socialism Train
has been high-ball’n and roll’n over every American,
Company,and State,since January 20Th 2009,

and,is slowly derailing,for a Catostrophic Failure!

Btw,all throughout Obama’s Term,on Righty Blogs there
was alot of heated,Passionate Patriotic Talk,and a Run
on Ammunition as well,to the point,of empty warehouse’s
that went as far as Manufacturer N/A Back Orders!!

And,alot of bannings as well,on da blogs!!

And,as a result,most,hunkered down,so to speak,to out
weather Obamas term!,in disgust,and ordinary Americans
to boot!!

canopfor on November 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM

No problem — Obama’s NLRB will force him to move to Washington State and hire union members.

jon1979 on November 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM

AshleyTKing on November 23, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Just wanted to put in a good word for USPTO Patent Examiners (Article 1, section 8) and CDC epidemiologists.

The Coast Guard rocks also.

PBHO is the first President in American History that hates 80% of the American people, and America.

NaCly dog on November 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Even if Obama is replaced by a conservative, and Republicans take both houses, it will STILL be at least two years before the economy starts to actually improve.

Things are going to get much, much worse before they get any better.

logis on November 23, 2011 at 10:27 PM

cthulhu on November 23, 2011 at 8:26 PM

He’d probably consider it a job well done.

You think this is all an accident?

Merovign on November 23, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Yesssss! Tellin’ it like it is, that’s how we roll in the ATL!

di butler on November 23, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Occupy Home Depot!
Who’s with me…?

Electrongod on November 23, 2011 at 8:14 PM

As it’s only 30 miles away from me I can do that.

BTW, I thought I read economists predicting 10 years before hiring got restarted? Maybe they meant IF 0bama got 4 more years?

DannoJyd on November 23, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Obligatory: Who is John Galt?

batter on November 24, 2011 at 12:06 AM

ButterflyDragon on November 23, 2011 at 8:11 PM

AKA, “economic stimulus”

There Goes The Neighborhood on November 24, 2011 at 12:11 AM

When you are right, you are.

tx2654 on November 24, 2011 at 2:01 AM

If I were unemployed I’d hate to live in the south.. this thing happen often down there? People just randomly decide to stop growing their business because of the letter next to a guy’s name in the oval?

Shit, I’m moving to a retail spot next year. Hiring 2 more people, at the least. The economy isn’t fantastic, but you adapt or you die. You don’t blame whichever person happens to be president.

I mean, not to say the president doesn’t have any effect on job creation? But maybe like 1% influence compared to the influence this guy has over his own company by making proper business decisions himself.

triple on November 24, 2011 at 2:28 AM

triple on November 24, 2011 at 2:28 AM

You didn’t surprise me with your ignorance.

You didn’t even read the post you tool. Sheesh.

Why are you so quick to be an idiot and a dupe? Do tell.

CW on November 24, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Triple you suppose Lowes shut many of their doors to spite the “D”. Really you are a piece of work.

CW on November 24, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Final note… for now:

I just knew when I saw this story on a another site that leftists would run with it like triple did. Facts get in the way? No way says the leftist.

CW on November 24, 2011 at 9:22 AM

AshleyTKing on November 23, 2011 at 9:25 PM

and both of those can be turned against us.

It’s not necessarily what roles DC takes on (and I don’t view state and local government as being very different), but rather the degree to which those bureaucracies become corrupt.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 24, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I can’t hire anyone until Obama is gone

This has been my company policy for the last two years and will continue to be my company policy until Obama is gone.

txsurveyor on November 24, 2011 at 6:12 PM