Video: Fallon sandbags Bachmann with “Lyin’ Ass Bitch” intro music; Update: It was “tongue in cheek,” says drummer; Update: Endorsed … Jon Corzine

posted at 3:21 pm on November 22, 2011 by Allahpundit

Submitted for your disapproval, in case you haven’t already seen the clip elsewhere. Compare and contrast with the Fishbone original. The dumbest part of this, of course, is the drummer tweeting about it to make sure everyone got “the joke,” which defeats the purpose of disguising the insult. If you know the media’s going to be buzzing about it tomorrow, why not just call Bachmann a “lyin’ ass bitch” to her face? At least that way she’d get to defend herself and the show wouldn’t look like it’s stabbing her in the back.

A Twitter user asked the drummer last night, “you don’t think indirectly calling a guest on your show a ‘bitch’ might blow up in your face? & maybe it should? (I’m a democrat)”. Here was the response. Fallon himself tweeted a few hours ago that the drummer is “grounded” but we’ll have to wait ’til tonight’s show to find out if that means anything more than “please stop yelling at me about Bachmann.”

Two clips here, one of the intro and the other, via the Right Scoop, of Beck recounting his chat with Bachmann last night and her telling him what a nice time she had.

Update: See, it was a joke. Get it?

“The performance was a tongue-in-cheek and spur of the moment decision. The show was not aware of it and I feel bad if her feelings were hurt. That was not my intention,” Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson said in a statement…

Thompson is a known supporter of President Obama and has contributed to his campaign. His Twitter account features a photograph of the drummer with the president.

Update: Via reader Andy K., instant karma’s gonna get you.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Speaking of “obligatory” videos:
How come there’s never been a HA post on this now famous video that has been featured on many sites?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on November 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Geoff Peterson says “Ha ha ha ha..heehhhh..

From an actually funny late night show. I doubt Ferguson would ever be so snide to a guest.

Nethicus on November 22, 2011 at 5:20 PM

The “Roots” are sexist sh*ts. I wonder… how many felonies do each of them have.

How many times have they assaulted women in their past?

Maybe we can look into that…

tetriskid on November 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Michelle Obama!

So the new “edgy” artist with a chia pet on his head is back pedaling, no surprise.

I have to say though, I didn’t approve of those NASCAR fans booing Michelle Obama either because her kids were there. Leave the kids out of it.

Daemonocracy on November 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM

As far as I’m concerned … rap went down the same road as punk – people who made far too much money with far too little musical and singing talent.

OhEssYouCowboys on November 22, 2011 at 5:07 PM

You got it OSU. Any idiot can get a drum machine and a rhyming dictionary and make that crap. Of course this is coming from the generation that gets rewarded with a trophy for showing up at soccer practice.

Firmworm on November 22, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, you’re looking at your soon-to-be music czar.

Hail!

BobMbx on November 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Is some kind of critter nesting in that guy’s hair?

MNHawk on November 22, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Can we talk about the shoes? An ankle strap makes her legs look shorter. She should go with a sling back or a pump.

SouthernGent on November 22, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I agree. Like Rep. Bachmann, I’m not tall or long-legged enough to carry off the look of ankle straps or T-straps. (I’m not especially short, either, but by shoe-model standards I’m a midget with dachshund legs.)

Mary in LA on November 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM

“DJQuestlove” don’t seem to be respectin’ dat Bachmann … like dat postah behind him be sayin’ he should be doin’.

Well, after watching that video … the first thing that comes to mind is … “blunt.”

OhEssYouCowboys on November 22, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Hey John McCain, these are your so called “friends on the other side of the aisle!” We are dealing w/ scum!

WhatsRight on November 22, 2011 at 5:41 PM

cane_loader on November 22, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Dayum. Sorry to hear that Hope no one got hurt.

katy the mean old lady on November 22, 2011 at 5:45 PM

“… my people.” – Eric Holder

Seven Percent Solution on November 22, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Moments like this really piss me off, not only because of the veiled attack on Mrs. Bachmann but because the right, after so many other similar attacks, will do the same thing… shrug it off.

The right seems to love the degredation. Once, just once, they should call these people out or at the very least stop appearing on such venues, but they’ll never learn.

madmonkphotog on November 22, 2011 at 5:55 PM

That “artist” is truly skanky looking. What a moron!

Way to represent!

And he does represent the left; make no mistake.

Sherman1864 on November 22, 2011 at 5:55 PM

That was pretty skeevy treatment by Fallon and his staff. I am not surprised this happened on NBC. It reminds me not to watch anything on that network.

Dr Evil on November 22, 2011 at 5:55 PM

1) Can’t fire the Roots, they’re the only reason people watch that godawful show.
2) All politics aside, pretty good song.

galenrox on November 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Hey Jimmy: This is a tongue-in-cheek, spur-of-the-moment comment: You are a stupid fu@$*ng dick.

Mr. Grump on November 22, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I suppose Fallon could do a Jon Corzine/MF Global Holdings $1.2 billion loss joke tonight, and then show the Questlove YouTube video of him endorsing the Corz. Or would that be a joke enough by itself to be proper punishment for Monday night’s stunt?

jon1979 on November 22, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I’d like to ask Jimmy and the drummer if they would play “lady with the blue dress” if Bill Clinton ever came on the show.

Didn’t think so.

WisRich on November 22, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I bet these same folks complain about how that Republicans and Democrats don’t do enough to get along and compromise. Was this payback for NASCAR?

Cindy Munford on November 22, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Why do you liberals hate powerful, conservative women?
JAM on November 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM

My friend, judging by mrs. bachmann’s poll numbers, it seems to be you people who hate powerful conservative women.

benny shakar on November 22, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Endorsed Jon Corzine

That shows you what a political retard this guy is. And he endorsed Obama, so he’s also a communist.

jaime on November 22, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Jimmy Fimmelkallon has a show? This will be his ‘Oprah Endorses Obama’ moment. Low ratings to go lower.

BHO Jonestown on November 22, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Daemonocracy on November 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM

She should have left the kids at home then. She’s been active on the campaign trail so she’s fair game. Can’t hide behind the kids when you choose to be in the public eye in that capacity.

chewmeister on November 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM

chewmeister on November 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM

The kids were there, you don’t boo, simple as that. Same thing with those idiot Flyers fans booing Palin with her kids on center ice, they’re there so don’t boo.

Daemonocracy on November 22, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Isn’t Fallon the “lyin’ ass bitch”?

Also… the NASCAR fans booed Michelle Obama to her face, and after Barack called politicians visiting NASCAR events “political stagecraft” in writing. So now inserting Michelle Obama isn’t?

ShorterObama “Hey all you bitter clingers… take my wife… please!”

DANEgerus on November 22, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Michelle are you so desperate to win that you would demean yourself by sitting on a TV set with such people? For shame.

FireBlogger on November 22, 2011 at 7:18 PM

“He’s a jackass!” – ØBlama

ExpressoBold on November 22, 2011 at 7:18 PM

The only joke is the fact that he’ll get away with this when a conservative doing the same to a dem would lose his job. And that’s only funny because laughing is better than crying. I’m so sick of the double standard that I’m sick of my own whining about it. But very few people get it. So this will persist.

All that said, I hope Bachman doesn’t try to fundraise off of this. Mention it, definitely, but don’t blow it up bigger than it is. Only dems can get away with that.

Esthier on November 22, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Speaking of “obligatory” videos:

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on November 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM

It was, in the “Green Room”.

whatcat on November 22, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Daemonocracy on November 22, 2011 at 6:57 PM
Disagree. Did she really expect to not get booed at a Nascar race? Would be like any conservative going to an NAACP rally with kids in tow expecting a warm welcome. Fact is most race fans don’t like the Obamas. What the heck did she expect? So what do you suppose she told the kids afterward? “Don’t worry kids. These redneck hillbillies don’t realize just how awesome your dad really is.” Maybe those kids need to realize that not everyone thinks Barry is the savior of the world. You don’t drag your kids to hostile territory expecting cheers.

chewmeister on November 22, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I emailed Falon, his show, and anyone else that was associated with him. I’m not fan of Bachmann but, she deserves respect from likes of these fools.

Zcat on November 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I agree with Glenn Beck here. MSM set-ups like this are totally unacceptable. The guy who set up this ambush needs to be fired. And if he isn’t fired, then it a total WUSS/sleeze who’s in charge.

petefrt on November 22, 2011 at 7:51 PM

I feel bad if her feelings were hurt. That was not my intention

Um, wow. ?uest, or whatever this chump calls himself, is apparently a complete sociopath, that’s just an amazingly bizarre thing to say.

clearbluesky on November 22, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Questlove is from Philly. Is this the same guy? If so, check out his donation record to the DNC.

Christina_M on November 22, 2011 at 8:06 PM

benny shakar

Nice try, douche. See Sarah Palin for Palinized for a reference. Every conservative woman must be denigrated and called stupid, crazy, hateful, bitch etc. I do not think any of these things about MB or SP.

I do think Nancy Pelosi is stupid and crazy, but that has been proven by her many, many, many statements cementing her craziness! “The Word is the Word and I follow the Word!” etc. LOL! Special kind of goofy right there. Yet not a peep or critique from our late night pundits or even our regular oh so trust-worthy evening news talking heads. The double standard for hyposcrisy is always breathtaking, but never surprising. You exhibit the women hate admirably as usual!!!

JAM on November 22, 2011 at 9:18 PM

She must be pretty desperate to go on that awful show.

WisCon on November 22, 2011 at 9:18 PM

That was not my intention,” Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson said in a statement…

Really? How do you suppose she would feel about being called a “lyin ass bitch” you dumbf*ck!???

So what WAS your intention??

JAM on November 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM

She should have slapped him…

UNSAT, but totally expected…

Khun Joe on November 22, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I would have to start watching his show in order to quit in disgust.

TexasDan on November 22, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Holy cow. Obama’s brutha’ from anotha’ mutha’ looks & sounds like he’s a bit on the nod. Like he’s chipping. I’d bet that he’s pals with Mr. Brownstone. If not, he’s simmering in some other illicit concoction.

FlatFoot on November 22, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Jimmy FoulOne.

Lowlife weasel scrapings.

profitsbeard on November 23, 2011 at 12:34 AM

My brother’s flyin’ on da GreenCrack (don’t hide it dude….divide it).

Expected from a goof like this guy….I had no idea that Fallon was a disrespectful little punk-@ss though.

Hey Fallon….yer mom’s a p01e-smokin’ skank.

Stay classy bro!

Tim_CA on November 23, 2011 at 12:43 AM

If Fallon doesn’t stomp this sexist and probably racist musician in a very public way, he’s tacitly endorsing it.

It’s bad enough when libs play the race and sex card. It’s even worse when conservatives do it.

DethMetalCookieMonst on November 23, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Fallon tweeted an apology…. music please … La, la, la, la, la, la. Jimmy Fala, la, la, la, la,la, la, la, la.

onomo on November 23, 2011 at 10:33 AM

I Dont know who fallon is, but I know what he is , a turd. If would he do the same to michelle obummer? or bidens wife? Hell no.
There would be a media uproar if anyone did that. But the left wing 5th column is Ok with is because it fits them.

ColdWarrior57 on November 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Typical. Media. Sleaze.

Oh, and the “We were just funnin’” afterwards. This ain’t second grade anymore.

Axeman on November 23, 2011 at 2:41 PM

I really have no sympathy here. She goes on these liberal shows. What else would she expect? Same with any Republican who goes on MSNBC and expects to be treated fairly.

Wake up.

angryed on November 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Where are you going to go? The entire media is liberal. And media organs involved in the candidate debates have turned into a media grilling of Republicans, when they never even vetted Barack Obama. If you stay on Fox, then the left accuses you of being afraid, floats a bunch of innuendos about your ability to answer tough questions, and that will have some dent on weak-kneed Republican media fodder too.

Unfortunately, I find a lot of what liberals say has surprising reflection in conservative circles, and as long as people don’t care where a helpful push comes from, the liberal slant of the media will always be useful for conservatives to beat up other conservatives that they don’t care as much for.

Axeman on November 23, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Wake up.

angryed on November 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM

After thinking about it, I agree with you 100 %.
Why go into the lions den?
F*ck-em!
and now she wants an apology.
Why because she stuck her ass in a bucket of hot water?
DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!!