Video: Mika Brzezinski pretty darned angry about Gingrich’s OWS-baiting

posted at 4:32 pm on November 21, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via News Busters, which notes a history of bad blood here. Even so, getting this upset about a bit of paint-by-numbers hippie-punching by, of all people, Newt Gingrich? As a dig at progressive demonstrators, “take a bath and get a job” was already stale circa 1970; it’s such a rote base pander that it’s hard to take completely seriously, yet here’s Mika seemingly in need of a therapist to help her cope. I used to get annoyed at Alan Grayson’s conservative-bashing but there comes a point where the schtick factor is so high that taking the bait leaves you feeling like a chump. Resist the bait, Mika.

The worst part of this, of course, is Brzezinski casually equating Gingrich’s dig at OWS protesters with an insult to “the 99 percent.” (“He’s telling the 99% to take a bath and get a job?”) Apparently we’re all part of the movement now, such that criticizing our noble representatives is tantamount to criticizing the population at large. Did I miss an election?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Makes her skin crawl? I think that’s the lice.

Ward Cleaver on November 21, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Sheeeesh. Get her to a psych.

pat on November 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Somebody got a little sand in their vahjayjay, eh?

sybilll on November 21, 2011 at 6:12 PM

“It literally made my skin crawl.”

Probably doesn’t take much, you scaly lib-skank.

2ipa on November 21, 2011 at 6:19 PM

As someone said on NB she had no problem laughing at Cheneys heart problems. Not at all

MES401067 on November 21, 2011 at 6:27 PM

How precious, Allah.

Gingrich isn’t pandering to the base; anyone with a brain can see that this anarchist rabble is just a bunch of filthy lowlifes. And even more precious than AP’s angst over Gingrich’s “pandering” is the sight of four media 1%ers crying crocodile tears about this awful, hurtful insensitivity to a bunch of scumbag druggies, hippies and mentally ill homeless types who all desperately need a bath and the brains required to hold a job.

Go Fuc***k yourselves.

Jaibones on November 21, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Thinking about how badly those protesters need a bath made my skin crawl, too. Scabies, lice, all sorts of funk … ewww. It is enough to make anyone’s skin crawl.

crosspatch on November 21, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Why doesn’t the rape, murder, pedophilia, rampant drug use, pushing cops in front of busses and throwing homemade bombs at the cops all perpetrated by OWS protestors make this Liberal B!mbo’s skin crawl?! And this proven collection of criminals, freaks, Communists, socialists, Nazis, NBPs, and paid Union workers and Illegals hardly represent the true 99% of all Americans!

easyt65 on November 21, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Mika’s elderly dad Zbiggy is a big fan of the occupy movement; wants to publicly single out out & throw to the mob wealthy people he does not like. Doesn’t care much for privacy or liberty, I guess.

BCrago66 on November 21, 2011 at 6:36 PM

“…Makes my skin crawl…”

Well, yah, that’s the problem, buttercup.

You are so busy emoting you can’t think your way out of paper bag.

Go home, cook a pot roast or do something else useful.

Harry Schell on November 21, 2011 at 6:43 PM

oldleprechaun on November 21, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Boyington is my hero, just after my Dad. Baa Baa Blacksheep was a great read.

bernzright777 on November 21, 2011 at 6:46 PM

go ahead mike,…er mika, call us tea baggers again.

i dare ya

DrW on November 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM

how much do you suppose the wardrobe represented in that spot runs? $10,000?

Jens on November 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM

I think Mika is incredibly sexy.

I also think she’s an imbecile.

Kensington on November 21, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I heard there is room for Mika out in Santa Cruz…

Makes my skin crawl.

coldwarrior on November 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM

A 1%er upset another 1%er pointed out that the OWS crowd represents a whole different 1% – those that won’t work and want to take from others simply because “they have too much.” I’m tired of these lib creeps trying to imply that just because I’m not in the 1%, I should totally identify with the OWS crowd.

They don’t represent the other 99% and only 29% of Americans even approve of what they are doing.

PastorJon on November 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM

What’s the difference between Mika Brzezinski and Meghan McCain?

NotCoach

Mika is almost doable.

xblade on November 21, 2011 at 7:10 PM

1%.

one percent?

One percent is what sets these baffoons off?

On a global scale…every man, woman and child in America north of the Rio Grand (includes Canada, by the way) is in the 1%.

There are over 6.5 billion people a hell of a lot worse off than any of us.

These OWS are heartless greedy little bastards aren’t they?

coldwarrior on November 21, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Somebody got a little sand in their vahjayjay, eh?

AP is always like that.

andycanuck on November 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Listen to that one guy, the immorality of inequality in this country”. Now it’s immoral to liberals for me to work harder and have more success? Really?

lowandslow on November 21, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Those people are idiots.
They don’t speak for me and I think they are completely outrageously outraged. How fake can they be? This is the stupidity of media today – immature, fake overly sensitive outrage replacing thought and rationality. How 12th grade!

ExpressoBold on November 21, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Who put cinnamon in her tampon?

djl130 on November 21, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Thanks a million for giving Mr.PPF ammo when hospital nurses get their PMS full-swing! ;)

BTW Mika needs a double martini shaken, not stirred-with a couple of capsules of Midol

ProudPalinFan on November 21, 2011 at 7:55 PM

sorry that applies to those days of the month too! Watching giant dog wrestle with Mr. and Lil’ Miss PPF. Looks fun, but sounds like an earthquake.

ProudPalinFan on November 21, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Why didn’t her skin crawl when Obama called conservatives the “enemy”? Why didn’t her skin crawl when Maxine Waters told the Tea Party to “go to hell”?
Why doesn’t her skin crawl when all the other deranged liberals constantly say things that are way over the top?

This selective outrage only shows how bias she is, but yet, what is typical of liberals they try to make it seem as if they are the righteous and respectful ones.

RonDelDon on November 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Poor Mika. At MSNBC everybody runs their thoughts through a PC Filter before they speak, so it was a shock to her that Newt was able to speak without worrying about being politically correct.

If Mika really wants to see what it is like to have her skin crawl, she should spend some time at the Occupy camps in either Oakland or San Francisco.

THE OCCUPATION DEVOLUTION: Oakland Descends Into Anarchy And Chaos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwG4AuhOsrg

wren on November 21, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Mika is almost doable.

xblade on November 21, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Only if you use plenty of duct tape. But then again, she is almost brain dead so that is kinda creepy.

Sporty1946 on November 21, 2011 at 8:15 PM

That’s OK Mika! Don’t listen to them because when comes the revolution, I’m taking everything you have. Because the haves will have not, and the have nots will have. And you, my dear, are a have!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on November 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Hey Mika,

I just went out and got a job selling cable for my local provider.

And guess what?

I’m doing well.

Pee-pul gossa have their stories.

fossten on November 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Socialists like this one at the Occupy Oakland camp make my skin crawl.

THE WEATHER UNDERGROUND: “We’re back and We’re Proud!” in Occupy Oakland

We all need to be aware of who these Occupiers are.

Please share this video, so more people can see this for themselves.

wren on November 21, 2011 at 8:41 PM

shes so ugly.

moonbatkiller on November 21, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Did I miss an election?

Come now, AP, don’t you know that elections are SO 2010? Violent, aimless sleepovers are “what democracy looks like” now. Get with the times!

Animator Girl on November 21, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Baa Baa Blacksheep was a great read.

bernzright777 on November 21, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Agreed. BTW, I still have the copy that I purchased in 1958. It’s among the oldest books in my library. On 9 Nov., my son-in-law and I visited the Corps Museum at Quantico. The gift shop had a reprint, so I bought the lad a copy and told him to read it. As far as the Museum, if you haven’t been, you need to go. Great reminder of those who have made what we have possible through courage, selflessness, and sacrifice. Several times I tried explaining things to S-i-L, but got too choked up to talk. If you’re at all able, make the trip to Quantico.

oldleprechaun on November 21, 2011 at 9:50 PM

hey mika…..in MSNBC world this is considered violent hate speech.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.—

George Washington

think about how far we are from the free republic that our founding father spoke of.

PappyD61 on November 21, 2011 at 10:00 PM

ProudPalinFan on November 21, 2011 at 7:55 PM

: )

listens2glenn on November 21, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Hey Mika, yawn…..

sheesh on November 21, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Hey Mika! The results are in, and your beloved OWS dispensers of human offal LOSE.

Instead of running with the Communist message of Give Fleas A Chance, Mika really does need to take a bath and get a REAL job if she ever hopes to dispense of the stink aquired from associating with these hippie losers with no message or real purpose.

Sing it with me!

♫ All we are saaaaying ….
Is give FLEAS a chance! ♫ /sarc

DannoJyd on November 21, 2011 at 11:49 PM

What a wonderful demonstration of the leftist echo chamber mentality. With no articulate conservatives around, there’s nobody to check this hypocritical drivel with reason or logic. Left to their own devices, it’s just escalating rage feeding upon itself.

Aardvark on November 22, 2011 at 7:51 AM

I wonder how Jon Corzine makes her feel?

ctmom on November 22, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Interesting. The members of the Morning Joe program support a lack of normal hygiene must be tolerated and why should anyone work when the government thinks the Constituowes every one a life

MSGTAS on November 22, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Socialists like this one at the Occupy Oakland camp make my skin crawl.

THE WEATHER UNDERGROUND: “We’re back and We’re Proud!” in Occupy Oakland
We all need to be aware of who these Occupiers are.

Please share this video, so more people can see this for themselves.

wren on November 21, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Socialists, Communists, anarchists, vandals, everybody climb aboard the Peace Train!

Strange how an “oppressed” and “starving” man could lose 50 pounds and still be overweight…

Steve Z on November 22, 2011 at 9:45 AM