The PETA files: At least now they’re picking on someone who can take it

posted at 2:40 pm on November 18, 2011 by Tina Korbe

OK, I know it’s a little shallow of me to keep picking on PETA, given their meager and waning credibility as is, but they make it so easy. As a part of their anti-fur campaign, the group has launched a series of billboard ads against a gal very much accustomed to the limelight: Kim Kardashian.

The reality star has been known to sport fox fur, so PETA has put out this ad:

It’s sweet, really. I see those baby foxes and I wish Kim wouldn’t wear fur. But, then, I wish she wouldn’t do a lot of the things she does, like — oh, I don’t know — make a mockery of marriage. Where are the ads against that?

That’s the thing about PETA, really: Nobody wants animals to be treated cruelly (although I’d say PETA’s definition of cruelty and the average person’s definition of cruelty might not always be the same) — but PETA’s so completely absent from more important fights. As I tweeted recently, where, for example, is PETA in the battle for unborn baby humans?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

She’s single. ;)

nickj116 on November 18, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Yes, she is on her back, PETA. You can still smell the blood. Fresh animal pelts give off pheromones.

MadisonConservative on November 18, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Nobody wants animals to be treated cruelly

Michael Vick says what?

lorien1973 on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Yeah, I’m gonna go ahead and conclude that Kim Kardashian isnt aware that fur comes from animals.

Jeddite on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Appropriate she wear fox fur; I’m sure her ex-husband would say she’s a vixen.

radjah shelduck on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I’d like to see Kim Kardashian’s fur.

Wait. That’s not what I meant.

Yeah it is.

lorien1973 on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Now them is some ‘vast tracts of land’.

Pity she has a butt like a Buick.

CPT. Charles on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Kim, that fur is unnecessary. Please remove it. So is your dress. That needs to go also. And don’t forget the undergarments. No need for those either. There, that should satisfy PETA(along with a bunch of other people).

Doughboy on November 18, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Great tweet Tina!

IowaWoman on November 18, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Pity she has a butt like a Buick.

CPT. Charles on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I can’t understand dudes who don’t appreciate a juicy one.

MadisonConservative on November 18, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Pity she has a butt like a Buick.

CPT. Charles on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

You wanna go for a ride. Admit it.

lorien1973 on November 18, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Again, PETA does itself a disservice by distracting me with a picture of a hot chick. I`ll fight the fox hand to paw to get her a fur! :-P

ThePrez on November 18, 2011 at 2:47 PM

MadisonConservative on November 18, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Moderation is a virtue, most of the time.

CPT. Charles on November 18, 2011 at 2:47 PM

MadisonConservative on November 18, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Me too, you need something worth grabbing on to. :)

ThePrez on November 18, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I can’t understand dudes who don’t appreciate a juicy one.

MadisonConservative on November 18, 2011 at 2:44 PM

She has the much coveted (?) ghetto booty. Personally I never wanted one, I do not care that their are many men who like ghetto booty.

IowaWoman on November 18, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Unfortunately, Tina is giving Peta exactly what it wants. Attention.

lorien1973 on November 18, 2011 at 2:49 PM

I see those baby foxes and I wish Kim wouldn’t wear fur.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Tina, please tell me you’re not one of those people who see animals through the eyes of Walt Disney.

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM

This HAS to be a joke post. It’s like asking why the Family Research Council doesn’t have a position on nuclear proliferation or a plan for job creation.

Rainsford on November 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM

What gets me about their logic is that in most cases, these animals were bred for their fur. If it were not for the fur industry their great grandparents would be dead on the side of the road and they would not have been born.

It is just like Buffalo. People breed buffalo for their meat. A large percentage of the buffalo in the world are on these farms. Why would anyone grow foxes, buffalo, minks, etc. if there is no money in it?

Someone should run a counter ad to PETA that says something like, “careful what you wish for, you just might get it.”

jeffn21 on November 18, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Hey look! My daddy was a lawyer and me and my sissies well, we’re good at….ummm…we’re good at ..uhhhm, *do you wanna take a picture of me?*
/pop culture

ted c on November 18, 2011 at 2:52 PM

At first I thought this was a followup to yesterday’s story and PETA was raising the stakes: replacing the chili pepper bikini vegan babes with Kim K in order to get Prince Harry’s attention. That actually might have worked. ;)

jwolf on November 18, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Foxes kill animals.

Akzed on November 18, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Would you believe me if I told you that this isn’t even the dumbest thing PETA has said this week?

Kataklysmic on November 18, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I still am laughing at their “demand” on Wednesday that the tiny town of Turkey Texas (where Western Swing legend Bob Wills was born) change its name for Thanksgiving to “Tofurkey Texas”.

This challenge has not gone unanswered:

In response to the open letter from PETA (http://www.peta.org) Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman calling on Turkey, Texas to change its name to Tofurky, Texas, co-founders of Pork Barrel BBQ, the nation’s fastest-growing barbecue sauce company, have presented Pat Carson, the Mayor of Turkey, Texas with an appetizing offer to temporarily change the town’s name to “Barbecue, Texas.”

Heath Hall and Brett Thompson, widely recognized for creating the award-winning all-American BBQ sauce and spice rub company and their reality TV show appearances on ABC’s Shark Tank, are offering to fork over $1,000 immediately and $5 from every Picnic or Party Pack sold on its website from November 18th through December 9th in exchange for the town changing its name to “Barbecue, Texas” for 16 hours – split evenly between three Turkey, Texas Charities:

1) Bob Wills Foundation (providing scholarships to local students)
2) Turkey Restoration Project (restoring Turkey, Texas school)
3) Turkey, Texas All Volunteer Ambulance and Fire Department

Del Dolemonte on November 18, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I see those baby foxes and I wish Kim wouldn’t wear fur.

Well, that’s very sweet. If you ever see a fox in your backyard don’t let the chihauhau out.

DaydreamBeliever on November 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Yes, this *is* the biggest battle these *are* the biggest battles we have to fight.

Fixed>

Ward Cleaver on November 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Yes, she is on her back, PETA . . . . .MadisonConservative on November 18, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Still trying to make up my mind; was that worst choice of words, or the BEST?

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM

PETA is an insane Hindu Cult.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

jimw on November 18, 2011 at 2:56 PM

A few facts for PETA:

1. Foxes and coyotes are not protected; they are predators

2. Foxes, along with minks and other fur creatures, are farmed. They are a crop, just like corn and trees are a crop.

3. Environmentally, natural fur is a better choice than artificial insuators.

Vashta.Nerada on November 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Del Dolemonte on November 18, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Now that’s a good story.

I’m still ticked that Higgins,PA gave up that annual Labor Day pigeon shoot.

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I don’t think fur is murder, but it is tacky and gaudy.

Only old ladies and pimps wear it anymore.

Pablo Honey on November 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Only old ladies and pimps wear it anymore.

Pablo Honey on November 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I gotta say, she looks good for her age.

sharrukin on November 18, 2011 at 3:02 PM

*Peeks in.

Eeek! Some of the comments on this thread are above my pay grade!

LOL…

*Ducks out.

TheRightMan on November 18, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Here’s a reality check: Animals whose fur ends up in coats or anything else, didn’t leave any babies behind who miss mommy and daddy.

But the statement that always provokes some emotional response is: Animals are NOT people, too.

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 3:07 PM

I don’t think fur is murder, but it is tacky and gaudy.

Only old ladies and pimps wear it anymore.

Pablo Honey on November 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Watch your mouth.:D

katy the mean old lady on November 18, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Hey PETA: Let’s see some cute pictures of baby chicks, calfs, and lambs. Their mothers aren’t on my back — they’re in my tummy.

aunursa on November 18, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Rainsford on November 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM

It is an excellent point by Tina. Why do many leftists place animal life above human life?

NotCoach on November 18, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Hey PETA: Let’s see some cute pictures of baby chicks, calfs, and lambs.

aunursa on November 18, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Mmmmm, future food…*drool*

NotCoach on November 18, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I see those baby foxes…

Sorta OT – Those don’t look like “babies” to me. I think those kits are at least half grown.

Fallon on November 18, 2011 at 3:15 PM

PETA needs to get off others’ backs. Their babies won’t miss anything, either.

Christien on November 18, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I’d like to see Kim Kardashian’s fur.

Wait. That’s not what I meant.

Yeah it is.

lorien1973 on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

She shaves.

csdeven on November 18, 2011 at 3:18 PM

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I second this. You going to stop wearing/using leather or any other items using animal byproducts? If not, you should not be concerned with anyone using any kind of fur.

Living4Him5534 on November 18, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Pity she has a butt like a Buick.

CPT. Charles on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

It isn’t my father’s Buick.

csdeven on November 18, 2011 at 3:19 PM

This reminds me, I need to pick up some steaks for tonight.

angryed on November 18, 2011 at 3:21 PM

“My name is Ted Nugent and because of Pam Anderson… and because of Paul McCartney, all the members of PETA, whenever I hear the word animal or rights in the same paragraph, I’m killing an extra hundred of something this year.

“I have unlimited deer tags in Michigan and Texas… I’m not just killing them, I’m f**king slaughtering them and I’m going to gut them and skin them, quarter them and butcher them and feed them to the soup kitchens and homeless shelters of America… That’s my goal in life.”

HondaV65 on November 18, 2011 at 3:21 PM

They’re meant for each other.

The best outcome would be for both of them to sue until neither has any money or media attention left.

Speakup on November 18, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Please Hot Air, don’t make me defend Kim Kardashian. But I really hate PETA.

Pity she has a butt like a Buick.

CPT. Charles on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I can’t understand dudes who don’t appreciate a juicy one.

MadisonConservative on November 18, 2011 at 2:44 PM

You just ruined my appetite, MC. “Butt” and “Juicy” just don’t get along in my mind. Unless you are talking about something like this, hence my appetite cessation: http://youtu.be/_7ZyRB3-X7A

Sterling Holobyte on November 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM

So PETA types don’t eat any meat, wear no wool clothing or leather belts or leather shoes or use any of the thousands of products made with animal fat?

STFU you morons.

angryed on November 18, 2011 at 3:26 PM

What about the hen’s rights to live in their henhouse producing eggs? Does PETA even care that these foxes slaughter innocent chicken just for their meat?

When PETA convinces foxes to go vegan, then maybe I’ll listen to them.

John Deaux on November 18, 2011 at 3:29 PM

She’s single. ;)

nickj116 on November 18, 2011 at 2:42 PM

This is TRUE!

What is ALSO true:

“No matter how GOOD LOOKING ‘he or she’ may be – someone / somewhere is FED UP with their CRAP!”

Katfish on November 18, 2011 at 3:29 PM

I love my fur coat and wear it everywhere, even to Whole Foods
where many left/liberal/whackos hang out and shop or work.

I dare anyone to say one word to me. BTW, no one has yet!

And for those of you who care what the Hollywood crowd does, I say get a life.

Amjean on November 18, 2011 at 3:31 PM

@Listens2Glenn @Living4Him5534: Nope, definitely not! I was being sarcastic: Those baby foxes actually kinda give me the creeps. Did you see the glint in their eyes? I live in deer hunting territory and wholeheartedly approve — and I’m pretty sure “Bambi” is the quintessential Disney animal classic. (As a little girl, I did cry when I saw a car hit a deer, though.)

@lorien1973 Yep! I’m giving them attention because it’s, well, fun! And because I think, for many people, every time they hear what PETA’s up to, they remember why they’re *not* animal rights activists!

@NotCoach: And, yes, that’s my point exactly. Many of the same people who deny that humans are fundamentally different than animals still don’t defend human life with the same ardor with which they defend animal life. That’s fine with me if you want to say “humans are really no different than animals” and “all animal life is sacred,” but, then, connect the dots and say, “all human life is sacred.” Anybody who has ever seen video of an abortion knows the baby feels pain, just as PETA activists say animals feel pain when they’re “beaten, boiled, hanged and electrocuted” for their fur.

Tina Korbe on November 18, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Tina Korbe on November 18, 2011 at 3:33 PM

YEAHHHHHHHH!!!! AWRIGHHHHHHHHT. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Well, that makes me feel much better. Thanks,Tina.

: )

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 3:37 PM

One time, I was in a store wearing a shirt that said “There’s a place for all God’s creatures… right next to the potatoes and gravy.” On one aisle I turned around to see this teenage girl glaring at me. Her shirt said PETA. I smiled and went about my business.

John Deaux on November 18, 2011 at 3:39 PM

And many American foxes enjoy very much when we hold on to their big American breasts!

NoDonkey on November 18, 2011 at 3:39 PM

(As a little girl, I did cry when I saw a car hit a deer, though.)

I did once as an adult.

It was a gorgeous buck ’bout a week before the regular season.

{sniffle) it could have been MINE . . . . .

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 3:40 PM

PETA claims they value human and animal life the same, but this shows they actually value animal life above human life.

LarryD on November 18, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Anyone who cares, even the slightest, about animals–from PETA to the most reasonable–is going to be fighting teeth and nail against the “pro-life” movement. Many animal species are going extinct from habitat loss. The habitat is being lost to the huge expansion in land use by people due to human population.

thuja on November 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Katfish on November 18, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Not me . . . I can’t get enough of their sordid life’s story from the Tabloids.

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM

A few facts for PETA:

1. Foxes and coyotes are not protected; they are predators

3. Environmentally, natural fur is a better choice than artificial insuators.

Vashta.Nerada on November 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Some predators are protected if they are endangered. Here in NH we have 2 (Grey Wolf and Lynx).

As for insulators, pile and fleece are pretty good too, and a lot of it is made from recycled PET soda bottles. Malden Mills in MA developed the process in the 1980s.

But I swear by down, just don’t let it get wet.

Del Dolemonte on November 18, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Sterling Holobyte on November 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Then you’re not doing it right.

MadisonConservative on November 18, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Yes, I’m sure Kim Kardasian could give a rats ass about PETA. See just got paid over $1.5 million dollars to put on a sham wedding. Yeah, big with the ethical dilemmas, this one.

deadrody on November 18, 2011 at 3:45 PM

thuja on November 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM

You’re not going to get me to concede that we need to control the human population for the sake of wild animal habitat.

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 3:47 PM

thuja on November 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Disgusting, to say the least. You would be hard pressed to find a pro-lifer opposed to animal cruelty laws. But beyond that habitat is typically not the issue. The issue is just about always about resource management. However, do you wish you would have been aborted instead so that you would not contribute to potential habitat loss?

NotCoach on November 18, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Sterling Holobyte on November 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Then you’re not doing it right.

MadisonConservative on November 18, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Hotair.com is in jeopardy of losing it’s ‘PG 13′ rating.

: )

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Those baby foxes look like they are thinking of snacking on a tasty chinchilla or possibly a baby bunny.

bitsy on November 18, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Kim K has lovely, lovely breasts.

rickyricardo on November 18, 2011 at 4:02 PM

thuja on November 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM

What bull****.

Anyone who has some old, turn of the century photographs can plainly see that our great-grandfathers had cut down nearly every tree in sight for wood to use as fuel, timber and the like.

That’s where the habitat loss was. Not so today – at least in the Northeast. Take a look at some Google Earth images. Lots and lots of trees. Not a lot of humans.

Animals that are now found in abundace that were utterly absent when I was a kid growing up in the 70′s:

White Tail Deer
Coyote
Wild Turkey
Canada Goose
Red Tail Hawk
Bald Eagle
Ospray
Turkey Vulture (or that might have been a 747 flying past)
More White Tail Deer
Bobcat
Black Bear
Fisher Cat
Even more White Tail Deer…

Get the picture?

As far as fur is concerned, there is no difference between fur, leather, wool, sheepskin, red meat, etc., except that it is prized and reletively expensive compared to the others.

Properly designed and worn, it is just about as perfect an accessory as a woman can wear. Too bad that it is out of fashion – directly due to fascist a-holes like those at PETA.

It is planly apparent that PETA is no different than all the other rabid leftist organizations that try to force you to do something they want by demonizing you.

Not only should you not listen to these cretins, you should actively push back against their agenda.

Next Tea Party – wear your fur coat.

turfmann on November 18, 2011 at 4:06 PM

where, for example, is PETA in the battle for unborn baby humans?

I hope you’re being rhetorical – to PETA there are too many humans. Though I do always find it amusing that Vegans will get morally outraged at the death of an animal, or more exact livestock. Yet defend the right to kill a human child with their last breath.

Sharr on November 18, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Rainsford on November 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM

This point is worth repeating.

Andrew D on November 18, 2011 at 4:12 PM

turfmann on November 18, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Here in PA, the deer have been more scarce in the traditional hunting areas in the midstate.

But in the heavily urbanized areas, as well as Valley Forge and Gettysburg National Parks, you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a deer.

Ooh, wait a minute . . . . maybe that dead cat analogy wasn’t the best choice for here.

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Daft, I call it!

OldEnglish on November 18, 2011 at 4:17 PM

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM

No, you’re fine. It’s the live ones you’re not supposed to swing.

OldEnglish on November 18, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Michael Vick says what?

lorien1973 on November 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Fair point. There certainly are people who want to harm animals, then again, I don’t recall Peta putting out adds about dog fighting.

Rainsford on November 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Not really though. Humans are also animals.

With your analogy, it’d be closer to gay couples with children not being considered families simply because they don’t meet the traditional definition.

Esthier on November 18, 2011 at 4:22 PM

NoDonkey on November 18, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Hmmm … showing our age, arent we?
Notice the “we”.

Shambhala on November 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I don’t think fur is murder, but it is tacky and gaudy.

Only old ladies and pimps wear it anymore.

Pablo Honey on November 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Huh….native americans thought it was pretty useful. And if native americans are ok with it, it must be ok.

BobMbx on November 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Tina Korbe on November 18, 2011 at 3:33 PM

I appreciate the clarification. Sometimes tone is hard to sense over the Internet.

Living4Him5534 on November 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I have a friend who’s put together a new t-shirt:

P.E.S.P.A

People for Ethical Shot Placement on Animals.

TexasDan on November 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM

You’ll get more fun responses if you swing a live cat.

TexasDan on November 18, 2011 at 4:30 PM

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM

No, you’re fine. It’s the live ones you’re not supposed to swing.

OldEnglish on November 18, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Uh….is it still ok to tape a string to a fly or a june bug and fly it around like a pet? Is there such a thing as cruelty to a fly?

BobMbx on November 18, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Is there such a thing as cruelty to a fly?

BobMbx on November 18, 2011 at 4:31 PM

If there is, then I’m a sadist (I hate flies). :)

OldEnglish on November 18, 2011 at 4:35 PM

“Baby Got Back”” eeewwwwww! Big Back!

JustJP on November 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM

>>>>You’ll get more fun responses if you swing a live cat.

TexasDan on November 18, 2011 at 4:30 PM<<<<

They taste like chicken!

JustJP on November 18, 2011 at 4:48 PM

The reality PORN star has been known to sport fox fur, so PETA has put out this ad:

FIFY

RedRobin145 on November 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM

No, you’re fine. It’s the live ones you’re not supposed to swing.

OldEnglish on November 18, 2011 at 4:19 PM

You’re supposed to bury the live cat.

Don’t want to go away for a fortnight and come home to a dead cat.

turfmann on November 18, 2011 at 5:00 PM

turfmann on November 18, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Haha! I’ve led a sheltered life, it seems. :)

OldEnglish on November 18, 2011 at 5:07 PM

They exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature (i.e. foxes), rather than the Creator who is forever blessed.
Quoted from the book of Romans in the Bible.

balkanmom on November 18, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Kim is hot. PETA is not. Only reason they used her. Also, their wording is completely out of whack. It’s like it’s saying that Kim is the foxes mother and that they miss her. And then they ask if Kim is on your back. UHHH!!! I know what they’re trying to say, but poor presentation all around.

MrX on November 18, 2011 at 5:12 PM

jeffn21 on November 18, 2011 at 2:52 PM

The ultimate objective, according to founder Ingrid Newkirk, is for domesticated animals to be extinct.

VerbumSap on November 18, 2011 at 5:46 PM

So, PETA, did you hear the one about the baby seal who walked into a club?

Pattosensei on November 18, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Regarding the unborn–the position of many “animal rights” activists is that it is better to have never been born at all, which is why they often advocate the spaying of even pregnant animals. It’s not about caring for animals more than people. They care for neither.

VerbumSap on November 18, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I don’t understand all this hatred toward PETA. I’ve been a member for years:

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Texican Ben on November 18, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Kim is a fox, why shouldn’t she wear fox fur?

Steve Z on November 18, 2011 at 6:21 PM

White Tail Deer
Coyote
Wild Turkey
Canada Goose
Red Tail Hawk
Bald Eagle
Ospray
Turkey Vulture (or that might have been a 747 flying past)
More White Tail Deer
Bobcat
Black Bear
Fisher Cat
Even more White Tail Deer…

Amazing how anyone could have thought the Canada Goose was an endangered species. There are dozens of them near every little lake and pond in New England, pooping on the nearby grass all year. Most of them have never seen Canada and wouldn’t know how to get there.

There are probably more wild turkeys around than during Ben Franklin’s time, when they were supposed to be the national bird.

Then there was the story of the coyote running loose last year in Yale’s back yard, in New Haven along the coast. After a few pet puppies met an early demise, Wile E. Coyote was euthanized…

If PETA is worried about Dashin’ Kim’s fox coat, one ran across the road in front of my car last winter, and I skidded into a snowbank sparing its life.

A few years ago, Momma Black Bear showed up in a park in suburban West Hartford CT with three Baby Bears, and State wildlife officials had to tranquilize her and the cubs for the safety of human picknickers. They were taken to Avon Mountain, about five miles away, and released. Now, Goldilocks, don’t pet the teddy bear, Momma Bear might not like that…

Yes, Goldilocks, there are wild animals in New England…lots of ‘em!

Steve Z on November 18, 2011 at 6:38 PM

It’s actually wrapped around her neck.

And there are always plenty of places willing to let her park that Buick.

Zaire67 on November 18, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I murder coyotes, pheasants, and cows.
The last 2 taste pretty good.
The 1st one has some really nice fur.

Badger40 on November 18, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Steve Z on November 18, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Indeed.

As my nom de cybre might suggest, I know a thing or two about the Canada Goose.

Prior to 1980, you never saw one. Any. Not a one.

Then, all of a sudden, they were everywhere on the golf course doing what they do best – excreting.

Everywhere.

I would have to mow greens six days a week. Every green was coated in goose ****. That meant that I had to clean the goose **** off of the rollers, otherwise the green would be cut at 6″.

Ever try to putt on a goose **** covered golf green cut at 6″?

Doesn’t work.

And to think that the Canada Goose was deliberately reintroduced into the wild by environazis. They didn’t think about the consequences of the goose breeding at a rate that makes rabbits blush and to hell with that migration stuff -what’s up with that?

As bad as that was (and it was bad) I never had a goose fly into the motor of my greensmower forcing me to land my greensmower on the Hudson River.

Personally, I think we should start feeding environmentalists into the maw of jet engines.

Wearing our fur coats, of course.

turfmann on November 18, 2011 at 7:07 PM

So, PETA, did you hear the one about the baby seal who walked into a club?

Pattosensei on November 18, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Thanks alot, I’m going to be all night recovering from that one.

My diaphragm and throat are aching . . . . . .

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Why should they be anti-abortionists? What’s the connection? A fetus is a non-sentient blob of nothing – that might become something one day – like an OWS protestor. An animal, once born, is very much aware of itself and its surroundings. One is not like the other. How anyone can have sympathy for something that feels nothing, while having no sympathy for the creatures that actually do, is the height of moral chutzpah.

keep the change on November 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM