The PETA files: At least now they’re picking on someone who can take it

posted at 2:40 pm on November 18, 2011 by Tina Korbe

OK, I know it’s a little shallow of me to keep picking on PETA, given their meager and waning credibility as is, but they make it so easy. As a part of their anti-fur campaign, the group has launched a series of billboard ads against a gal very much accustomed to the limelight: Kim Kardashian.

The reality star has been known to sport fox fur, so PETA has put out this ad:

It’s sweet, really. I see those baby foxes and I wish Kim wouldn’t wear fur. But, then, I wish she wouldn’t do a lot of the things she does, like — oh, I don’t know — make a mockery of marriage. Where are the ads against that?

That’s the thing about PETA, really: Nobody wants animals to be treated cruelly (although I’d say PETA’s definition of cruelty and the average person’s definition of cruelty might not always be the same) — but PETA’s so completely absent from more important fights. As I tweeted recently, where, for example, is PETA in the battle for unborn baby humans?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Of course Kim’s mum is on her back; she always is, it’s the whole point of that silly show!

..Wait, what?

Oh.

Nevermind then.

Reaps on November 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM

keep the change on November 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM

There will NEVER be a peaceful resolving of the differences between those who believe that “a fetus is a non-sentient blob of nothing” and those who believe “that’s a person.”

In his first book, Rush said this issue would be our next ‘civil war’.

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 7:44 PM

How can I think about some animal skin on her back when I am assaulted by impure thoughts caused by her front.

borntoraisehogs on November 18, 2011 at 7:48 PM

borntoraisehogs on November 18, 2011 at 7:48 PM

OH thank God, I’m not alone.

: )

listens2glenn on November 18, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Well at least they’re fighting someone real.

the last fight I saw them in was against Super Mario Brothers for the Raccoon suit… and I wish I was making that up.

gekkobear on November 18, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Would you believe me if I told you that this isn’t even the dumbest thing PETA has said this week?

Kataklysmic on November 18, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Choice comment from that link:

by VGAPixel Monday, November 14, 2011 at 01:46 PM

i love how PETA makes mario a bad guy. A cartoon character who jumps and shoots fireballs from picking up flowers is not so much a villain as he is absurd. Mario never made any sense, now neither does PETA

Excellent.