New frontrunner: Hot Air’s Mid-November Survey Results

posted at 9:35 pm on November 14, 2011 by Patrick Ishmael

The vote map:

(Hover your cursor over the map and use the “frame with the plus sign” icon to zoom in on a specific region. The plus and minus signs control your zoom.)

The trend:

The new leader of the Hot Air survey, and the full results:

If you’ve made it this far, have a question, and have Twitter, you can find me here.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

inkblots and upinak: I’ll leave you two to regurgitate on one another for another evening.

Lourdes on November 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Heh, guess it must have been some other term. But scratching my head trying to figure it out.

VidOmnia on November 14, 2011 at 10:56 PM

My guess? “Redolent”.

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Maybe we can file it under “adding ‘local color’”?

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM

do we have too? It is pretty grey about everything.

upinak on November 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM

If HA’ers are seriously backing Newt now, they don’t have much of a leg to stand on calling Romney a flip-flopper. Newt was pretty much universally persona non grata around here in 2009 for his support of Scozzafava in NY-23, among other things (appearing with Pelosi in a global warming spot, for instance).

Red Cloud on November 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Lourdes on November 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM

My dear, I’ll have you know that this is the first time I can recall regurgitating on him!

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Punchenko on November 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Well you said he was buying poll numbers, what your saying now is different. Yes hes spending money, rightly on infrastructure, thats how you win elections typically. You dont like his soundbites so you say they are uninspired, which is fine, I personally like “boring.” I will take boring and competent over “oops” and “what, Libya, what were we talking about?” Your right, Hillary was boring too, but there was this magical Jesus like candidate named Obama that the media and the base fell in love with so much the organization didnt matter. We dont have that in this election cycle, so infrastructure wins.

nswider on November 14, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I always support the guy leading in the polls. Just switch over if one surges ahead of him. That way you’re always happy.

a capella on November 14, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM

pats back.. let mommy make it all better.

upinak on November 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM

At this point, looks like it’s a write-in for a certain Far North former governor.

All other candidates and their supporters insist on treating me and my views contemptuously.

VidOmnia on November 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM

a capella on November 14, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Maybe, but anyone who is made happy by the idea of Newt Gingrich as the “conservative” alternative to Romney is in a pretty dark place…

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Go RBNY on November 14, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Lol, well I figured I would prepare now. What conservatism actually is keeps getting redefined by the preferred candidate of the moment. So if environmental activism is the Newts creed and Newt is the true conservative now, I figure I had better get caught up and adjust my lifestyle accordingly.

nswider on November 14, 2011 at 11:03 PM

It’s amazing how emotional some get about this. Go out and vote in your primary and when the dust clears and we have a nominee, vote for them.

I want to be able to have some influence with the next President. Some influence with the next judicial nominations, regulations, tax plans, etc…..

Emotion adds nothing to the singular purpose of winning the Senate, adding to the House and electing a Republican as the next President. RINO or not.

Vince on November 14, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Romney is running a boring and predictable campaign…

Punchenko on November 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Yeah, no sexual-harrasment charges, pregnant teenagers or properties with racist names… BORING!

Go RBNY on November 14, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Snort. Looks like you are going fishing.

conservative pilgrim on November 14, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Hey, if Bishop can do it so can I.

sharrukin on November 14, 2011 at 11:03 PM

It is from CNS… and from 2008. I am now taking a swig of the clear liquid in the bottle… it is marked “purified drinking water” and has the Albertson’s logo… so is that the same as vodka? I wouldn’t know.

petunia on November 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM

a capella on November 14, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Won’t you join me in the “I don’t give a sh$t anymore” category. Also known as “what I don’t know won’t hurt me”.

Knucklehead on November 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM

The ignorance in this thread is appalling. Not one poster here has ever made a mistake, ever said something they regret, done anything they wish they hadn’t. In short, this is suddenly the most perfect place on the web. Allah….shit this shit down now….perfection has been achieved!!!!!!

JP1986UM on November 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Cain is an insult and an embarrassment to conservatism and the GOP. He reinforced a lot of unfair memes used against cons, eg we’re dumb, trogs, sexists etc. I love Newt, just don’t think he can win the general. I wish him the best and Romney as well.

IR-MN on November 14, 2011 at 11:08 PM

I am out of outrageous outrage and just want to solve this puzzle. If this posts I either snuck it by the censors or things from this place don’t post here… you be the judge.

http:

//www.

cnsnews

.com

/news/article/

mortgage-meltdown-freddie-mac-lobbying-held-federal-regulators-bay

petunia on November 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Hey, if Bishop can do it so can I.

sharrukin on November 14, 2011 at 11:03 PM

That was record time for a catch too. Nice work!

conservative pilgrim on November 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM

We need more women.

Always Right on November 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM

JP1986UM on November 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Oh, Newt regrets supporting the individual healthcare mandate, cap and trade, saying he would vote for TARP, calling the Ryan plan “right wing social engineering”, engaging in Medi-scaring and insulting our intelligence by trying to claim eliminating “waste, fraud and abuse” will be enough to close our growing structural deficit? Link me to the apology and all will be forgiven!

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Okay! Now… my much deflated outrage.

Either this article is lying or Newt is lying.

I know he says he isn’t a Lobbyists… the meaning of the word “is” has never baffled me.

But he was paid $300,000 for his contacts and he was paid by Freddie Mac and what ever he wrote, Congress kept on trucking toward a banking collapse.

I want the report. Gingrich sneakily said tonight on Hannity is was covered by confidentiality agreements.

Like Sexual harrassment settlements, I supose.

Can’t we waive those in order to just make sure Newt is telling us the truth?

petunia on November 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM

JP1986UM on November 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Also, I’m rather surprised the comment filter doesn’t remove the word s**t. Huh.

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM

What did he say about Tucson?

Go RBNY on November 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Here:

Even *I* defended Palin against Newt back then. It was a revolting thing for Newt to say.

Aslans Girl on November 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Aslans Girl on November 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Wow, I didn’t even know about that one. Your new “conservative” front-runner, ladies and gentlemen!

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 11:15 PM

petunia on November 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Cousin Mabel used a teacup and food coloring. Had us fooled for years.

katy the mean old lady on November 14, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Naw, I’m not happy because it’s Newt,..I’m happy because I’m always winning.

a capella on November 14, 2011 at 11:16 PM

petunia on November 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM

No idea, truly. I don’t moderate the comments.

Patrick Ishmael on November 14, 2011 at 11:16 PM

taking the Left’s side against Palin after Tuscon…

Aslans Girl on November 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I’ve never heard of Newt doing this. Can you provide a link or explain what Newt said?

BCrago66 on November 14, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Patrick Ishmael on November 14, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Thanks for the poll Patrick..:)

Dire Straits on November 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM

BCrago66 on November 14, 2011 at 11:18 PM

See above, or here: http://hotair.com/archives/2011/01/18/gingrich-palin-should-be-more-careful-and-think-through-what-shes-saying/

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Inkblots on November 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM

What’s your point with this link? The video doesn’t play and what I get out of Allah’s snark is that Newt made a comment after Palin’s facebook post. He said she needs to be careful but she is formidable.

Vince on November 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM

This crowd is like a WWF crowd getting all excited over fake wrestling.

Mr Gingrich is a cameleon who assumes the color of his surroundings.

He will change all of that you have suddenly admired as soon as he has another lecture planned for the rubes explaining why only he understands things.

jimw on November 14, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Aslans Girl on November 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM

I remember that. It really does make me wonder WTF palin is pushing him though. The man is a tool, a lose cannon and will make everyone wish they had never thought about him.

upinak on November 14, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Hmmm, is there a way to post it? You all may even have seen it… I just was reading the link to TPM… and thought this thread a good place to remind people why they didn’t like Newt.

Then I remembered that other one too.

I posted it else where just fine.

petunia on November 14, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Hopefully you will enjoy more success navigating the voting booth on election day. Remember Mittbots, the touch screens won’t respond to your confused grunts and clenched fists.

Lawdawg86 on November 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Okay… well I ran into another bad Newt article… but this one is nutty. Like you should put on the tin foil before you read it.

New World Order stuff… I have never quite been interested enough in that stuff to try to understand it, but I am now determined to see if I get sensored! Censored? Am I close?

petunia on November 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Caint!

CliffHanger on November 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I think you might be referring to the debate on Wednesday, when Perry flailed. I know… they’re starting to run together, aren’t they?

JohnGalt23 on November 14, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Poster girl for the Florida butterfly ballot.

katy the mean old lady on November 14, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Santorum 2012!

PappyD61 on November 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM

High five, Pappy!!! Probably he only truly principled person running with the knowledge and wisdom to give this country better than a snowball’s chance in he*l of surviving. And he barely scrapes 2%…

We are going to get the government we deserve.

pannw on November 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Lawdawg86 on November 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM

So you believe Newt when he says Freddie Mac hired him as a historian, and they didn’t follow his advice… well I think: trust but verify.

That report is out there we could know proof positive but conveniently there is a confidentiality agreement… Imagine that.

Forget the trust part… just verify.

petunia on November 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Probably *the*

pannw on November 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Oh duh. Copy paste likes petunia. It was directed to

Lawdawg86 on November 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM

katy the mean old lady on November 14, 2011 at 11:35 PM

So who’s the libertarian candidate this time around?

Silverwolf on November 14, 2011 at 11:42 PM

The only thing you missed is how certain people are that they will vote for Newt:

Very certain: 88%
Somewhat certain: 9%
Uncertain 2%
Turned into a Newt, but got better: 1%

Seriously people, Newt?

He promoted the return of the Fairness Doctrine.

He was for a federal individual health-care mandate, the lynchpin of ObamaCare.

He was practically spooning Nancy Pelosi in commercials about the need for government action on global warming.

He supports green energy projects [Solyndras] and farm-subsidies.

Even as late as this year he was pitching for more government intervention in the health-care system at the progressive Brookings Institution.

scotash on November 14, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Dan Rather: Newt dangerous as a wounded Wolverine

Newt/ Bolton 2012

BallisticBob on November 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM

scotash on November 14, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Last week at the Reagan dinner, he was advocating ethanol, too.

Aslans Girl on November 14, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Lawdawg86 on November 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM

LOL. Sir, I salute you.

a capella on November 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Here’s a link to working video of Newt’s statement that Palin should be careful about what she says:

I’m a Newt supporter – as the best of the remaining candidates – but yes, this is very disappointing. When the chorus of libs is orchestrating what Palin correctly identified as a blood libel, you do lend aid & comfort. This is what first put me off any consideration of Pawlenty; he did the same thing.

BCrago66 on November 14, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Santorum 2012!

PappyD61 on November 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Santorum once gave the Penn State football child molester a citizenship award. Wait til THAT gets out in the MSM.

VidOmnia on November 14, 2011 at 11:55 PM

BCrago66 on November 14, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Whoops. No edit function on Hotair.com comments. I meant, of course, you do NOT lend aid & comfort.

BCrago66 on November 14, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Red Cloud on November 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Yeah, someone here was complaining that it would be nice to combine Perry with Gingrich to get a perfect candidate. I reminded them that if you did put RINO Gingrich with illegal alien supporter Perry, you’d get Romney.

csdeven on November 14, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Ever since Dan Rather was evicted by the dog track he’s been more dangerous than a scorpion on methamphetamine.

viking01 on November 14, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Wow the oppo research is coming fast and furious now!

Guess what Newton Gingrich(R) representing the 6th district of Georgia voted for:

Come on guess…. it was 1979, Carter was President, Reagan was calling to shrink the reach of government in our lives…

And Newt Gingrich votes Yay, for the establishment of the Department of Educaton!

Well nobody asked Newt what government agencies he would get rid of now did they.

Big government Newt!

That is from the Paul folks I think.

petunia on November 15, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Weird: there’s only one vote from my ZIP code so I’m assuming that would be me. It says Gingrich is the preferred candidate and that’s not who I selected. Glitch?

jix on November 15, 2011 at 12:09 AM

*waves to the other person in my zip code*

catwrangler on November 15, 2011 at 12:22 AM

jix on November 15, 2011 at 12:09 AM

That’s remarkable, there’s only one vote from my zip code as well, and it’s for Romney – and that isn’t who I selected either.

Inkblots on November 15, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Wow, I am stunned by these results. Seems the majority of you here are not conservatives – instead you’ll allow the LSM to smear a good candidate with innuendo and unproven accusations.

I do not understand this support for Newt – I guess you don’t choose to remember his actions as Speaker which lead to the downfall of the Republicans and the Rise of Nancy Piglosi.

What a sad day for our Republic.

jackal40 on November 15, 2011 at 12:31 AM

What good candidate?
Cain is an ignoramus and proud to be one.

jackal40 on November 15, 2011 at 12:31 AM

He’s a bad candidate and the best choice from a very bad lot.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Lawdawg86 on November 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM

LOL. Isn’t Romney polling well with the, er, less educated?

Punchenko on November 15, 2011 at 12:43 AM

He’s a bad candidate and the best choice from a very bad lot.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 12:36 AM

why not vet him? Those skeletons would make most people do a double take and back away… slowly.

upinak on November 15, 2011 at 12:43 AM

There’s two Perry supporters in my zip. One of them was me-but I’m curious as to who the other one is.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 15, 2011 at 12:46 AM

upinak on November 15, 2011 at 12:43 AM

We will vet him and he will be found to be a stinky old backstabber.

What then?

Bachmann? Santorum? Ron Paul?

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 12:48 AM

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 12:48 AM

is there a winner out there yet?

upinak on November 15, 2011 at 12:52 AM

is there a winner out there yet?

upinak on November 15, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Romney will win IMO, and lead the last Death March Of The GOP.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 12:54 AM

We will vet him and he will be found to be a stinky old backstabber.

What then?

Bachmann? Santorum? Ron Paul?

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I’m going to go with option 3, there.

Inkblots on November 15, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Newt’s rise on this blog really drives home the point that the people here base their choice on the American Idol campaign instead of real experience, positions, policies, and convictions.

A lot of you really need to read up on Newt, he’s a great talking head as the teacher, but not the conservative leader you think he is.

Gingrich Quotes:

• Gingrich: “There Are Parts Of The DREAM Act That Are Actually Quite Useful.” (“Newt And Callista Gingrich On Al Punto With Jorge Ramos,” Newt.org, 10/13/10)

• In A 2007 Interview With PBS, Gingrich Came Out In Favor Of A Cap And Trade System, Saying “It’s Something I Would Strongly Support.” (PBS’ “Frontline,” 4/24/07)

• Gingrich Is In Favor Of Offering Illegal Immigrants Who Have Lived In The U.S. For A Long Period A Path To Citizenship. “Recognizing there are millions of immigrants who have been here a short time, who have no roots here, and they probably should go home,’ Gingrich said. ‘On the other hand, you have someone who came here at 3 years of age and now they’re 19… I suspect we’re going to want to find some way to enable them to move toward legality, if not citizenship.’” (Scott Powers, “Gingrich: Some Illegal Immigrants Can Stay,” Orlando Sentinel, 9/14/11)

• Gingrich Admitted That Climate Change Evidence Is Sufficient And Steps Need To Be Taken Immediately. ““My message, I think, is that the evidence is sufficient, and we should move towards the most effective possible steps to reduce carbon-loading in the atmosphere,’ Gingrich said.” (Aaron Blake, “Kerry, Gingrich Joust Over Global Warming,” The Hill, 4/10/07)

• Gingrich: “I Don’t Think Right-Wing Social Engineering Is Any More Desirable Than Left-Wing Social Engineering.” (Speaking of Paul Ryan’s plan) (NBC’s “Meet The Press,” 5/15/11)

• Gingrich In September 2008, On TARP: “I Said This Morning If I Had Been In The Congress, I Would Have Hated It, It Makes Me Very Angry, But I Would Have Voted Yes.” …

• Fortune: “Gingrich Favors National [Healthcare] Legislation Similar To The Law That Romney Pushed Through In Massachusetts.” “[Gingrich] favors national [healthcare] legislation similar to the law that Romney pushed through in Massachusetts, forcing individuals to buy health insurance just as they are required to purchase auto insurance—though providing some government assistance to those who can’t afford it.” (Nina Easton, “The New Newt Thing,” Fortune Magazine, 2/5/07)

Do a little research.

Common Sense on November 15, 2011 at 1:00 AM

What then?

Bachmann? Santorum? Ron Paul?

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I’m going to go with option 3, there.

Inkblots on November 15, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Isn’t the Crypt Keeper something like a 107 years old… and crazy?

I could see Rand Paul but his father is too old and naive on foreign policy. I like his domestic policy.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Do a little research.

Common Sense on November 15, 2011 at 1:00 AM

We know.

What you failed to post was any alternative.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Common Sense on November 15, 2011 at 1:00 AM

And yet I think Newt would make for a better president than both Perry and Romney.

Punchenko on November 15, 2011 at 1:08 AM

We know.

What you failed to post was any alternative.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Romney. Is the only choice and he has been for months.

petunia on November 15, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Romney. Is the only choice and he has been for months.

petunia on November 15, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Obama 2012. Why choose the lesser evil.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Romney. Is the only choice and he has been for months.

petunia on November 15, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Didn’t Romney kill someone in France?

Punchenko on November 15, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Excellent article on Romney from Newsmax that answered my Romney in France question:

Punchenko on November 15, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Here is Hot Air’s “more conservative wing” track record in the past 5 months.

Bachmann? Flame out.
Perry? Epic flame out.
Cain? Stale cheese flame out.
Now Newt?

How many times do you have to fail before you realize y’all just aren’t very good at picking candidates? I would like to say “I told you so,” but that’s like playing an 80-20 basketball game and then doing a victory dance.

haner on November 15, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Here is Hot Air’s “more conservative wing” track record in the past 5 months.

Bachmann? Flame out.
Perry? Epic flame out.
Cain? Stale cheese flame out.
Now Newt?

haner on November 15, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Romney is the moose that nobody wants to take to the prom.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Isn’t the Crypt Keeper something like a 107 years old… and crazy?

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Well, Ron Paul apparently typically walks three or four miles in the morning and rides ten to 15 miles on his bicycle in the evenings – including in the summer, in Houston. He’s probably among the fittest of the candidates, so his age doesn’t seem like such an issue.

And with regard to foreign policy, he’s the only candidate with a plan to head off the greatest threat to our national security: our national debt. The Suez Crisis provides a graphic example that if you go deeply into debt trying to manage the affairs of other nations, you end up having your own affairs directed in turn your creditors. Britain and France decisively defeated the Egyptians at every turn militarily, but the Eisenhower Administration was able to force Britain to sign a cease-fire and withdraw by threatening to sell the United States’ holdings of UK Sterling Bonds. We had it within our power to destroy the pound, and so the UK had to obey our wishes – France and Britain were forced to withdraw from the Suez in shame. The total strategic defeat they suffered strongly contributed to the complete unraveling of their role as world powers over the next 10 years.

I’ve heard Ron Paul point out that we have put ourselves in the shame position vis a vis China that the UK and France were in relative to us in the 1950s. It’s pretty clear that as a result our debt is the #1 threat to our security, because it could leave us unable to pursue an independent foreign policy to protect this nation and our friends. His plan to balance the budget in 3 years is the only solution I’ve seen offered by any candidate to this threat.

Inkblots on November 15, 2011 at 1:44 AM

After watching Gloria Cain tonite all doubts are removed and I want to fight for Herman. If we just abandon him, the Media and Democrats win. At least fight for his honor. If you don’t think he can be a good president because of foreign policy or whatever, be sure it’s about that and not these bogus charges.

And make sure the world knows it too!

As for Newt, sure, if you wish. He has his good points but the guy, in general, turns me off. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t support him if he were to win the nod.

Sigh.

As for me I still want Herman or Perry. And Da*n that Sarah for abandoning us.

Double Sigh.

MaggiePoo on November 15, 2011 at 1:56 AM

I for one am proud that we Republicans/conservatives are looking so closely at so many candidates this time, and that we have been so willing to move on when one clearly showed himself or herself to be inadequate. This is what vetting looks like. I wish he had done this in ’08, and I REALLY wish the Dems had done it on their side.

aero on November 15, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Inkblots on November 15, 2011 at 1:44 AM

Well as I said, he’s good on domestic policy but that doesn’t mean foreign policy ceases to exist. The debt is a problem for power projection but there are strategic interests that exist that can’t be wished away by talk of the debt.

I think he is naive about Islam and his talk about US forces in the middle east being the reason for Islamic hate is against all evidence. US support of Israel is also mentioned and yet the Europeans are not excluded from Muslim hate despite having no troops in the middle east or backing Israel. If Denmark can spark Muslim outrage then clearly those reasons given, are really just excuses.

Ron Paul wants to avoid having to deal with that, but the Muslims will not give him that luxury if he were ever president.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Oops — that should be “I wish WE had done this in ’08.”

aero on November 15, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Newt gives the loose cannons of this world a bad name. Yes, he’s conservative this month but who really thinks he’ll be conservative in January? Newt’s an idea man, and if the next great idea is liberal, like AGW, or Tarp, or local Amnesty boards, then he’s a Liberal. If the next great idea is that DeDe would make a fine Representative in a conservative district, then he’s a Rino, If the next great idea is that enemy combatants in a time of war aren’t eligible for their day in court, then he’s a conservative. Depending on Newt is like going to Las Vegas because you need to win some rent money.

Fred 2 on November 15, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Obama 2012. Why choose the lesser evil.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Indeed. If we want evil, then why not have the Devil himself.

At least, there will be no excuses and sourgrapes, just plain failure and catastrophe of Liberalism, something that many of the young liberal and middle-aged Americans should experience in order for them to come into their own senses.

TheAlamos on November 15, 2011 at 2:47 AM

TheAlamos on November 15, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Maybe so but by the time “they come to their senses” the obamanation Judiciary will rule over us…

Gohawgs on November 15, 2011 at 3:43 AM

Red Cloud on November 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM

You might actually have a point if Romney didn’t make Newt and every other GOP candidate look like the love child of Reagan and Goldwater.

Daemonocracy on November 15, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Romney is the moose that nobody wants to take to the prom.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Perhaps, but he’s the moose that will kick the marxist’s arse next year….

AttilaTheHun on November 15, 2011 at 3:47 AM

Romney is the moose that nobody wants to take to the prom.

sharrukin on November 15, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Perhaps, but he’s the moose that will kick the marxist’s arse next year….

AttilaTheHun on November 15, 2011 at 3:47 AM

Why is he running in Vermont next year?

Gedge on November 15, 2011 at 5:18 AM

Daemonocracy on November 15, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Wow. Truly impressive sandbag.

Red Cloud on November 15, 2011 at 5:26 AM

There are the 8%er’s. Ron Paul voters
There are the 25%er’s. Romney voters

At least those 2 are consistant. If it were Romney/Paul 2012. Better put on your party dress for the Ones next 4 years.

Has nobody mentioned a Romney/Huntsman 2012 yet? So we can rid this country of caffine? Or MMUF’s Mandatory Magic Underwear Fitters. Its a joke, relax.

Gedge on November 15, 2011 at 6:05 AM

Lawn Gnome Reagan!!!!

======================

Let’s go Perry!!!!

cmsinaz on November 15, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Why should anyone be surprised to see the Hussein Louie thugocracy reveal its true nature of hatred and cruelty. The American people themselves elected this jackass to the office he holds. Hussein Louie knows better than anyone what a complete and total fraud he is; he looks at his face every day in the mirror. Why should he show any respect for Americans when he knows, deep down, what a bunch of schmucks Americans must be for coronating him King of the Universe. Americans deserve every sick thing they get for their abject lunacy of elevating this monster and his gaggle of gangsters and fascists in 2008.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 15, 2011 at 6:27 AM

the palinization of newt begins

can only bring up OLD news…desperate

cmsinaz on November 15, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Notice how the number of people participating seems to have dropped a lot since palin backed out? Used to be 7000 or so votes each time, now just 4000. Hope that doesn’t give us a glimpse to November 2012 and participation at the polls.

karenhasfreedom on November 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM

There it is. I didn’t vote. Couldn’t. For whom? Hard to choose which clown is the least clownlike. But hey, that’s just me.

greeneyedconservative on November 15, 2011 at 6:36 AM

Didn’t Romney kill someone in France?

Punchenko on November 15, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Punch…that was a lazy, idiotic post by something a Liberal would post.

The facts:
While Romney was serving his Church mission in France at the age of 20, a DRUNK priest swerved into the lane of the vehicle Romney was driving for the Mission President and his wife in which she was killed and Romney was pronounced dead at the scene but later miraculously recovered.

So the way you presented that was poor, poor, poor. Romney did NOT kill anyone.

g2825m on November 15, 2011 at 6:46 AM

VidOmnia on November 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Hypersensitivity is no virtue.

HondaV65 on November 15, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Gedge on November 15, 2011 at 6:05 AM

Gedge do some history reading on the Biblical nature of the garment or “magical underwear” as you call it.

From the days of Adam and Noah, Moses and others. This is one of the reasons behind Pharaoh (Egyptus son) and how Egypt was established it was seen as the wearer of the garment was with God however, Pharaoh did not have the “proper” godly authority because of his mother’s lineage but still wanted the power…but I’ll allow you to continue to mock people because it is easy…!!

g2825m on November 15, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Vince on November 14, 2011 at 11:03 PM

The GOP’s been there-done that-didn’t work then -wont work now!

One way or another, a new party will be necessary, unless such things are to banned by the socialists in both parties, which puts us back asking permission from the new king -whoever he be.

Don L on November 15, 2011 at 7:13 AM

What are people’s issues with Romney on his votes and stances since 2005 and when he began his run for the Presidency in 2007?

He has cut taxes in MA, closed loopholes and raised fees as Reagan did both, voted pro-life bills as GOV, voted and eased 2nd Amendment bills in MA See here: “Massachusetts oldest, largest and premier pro-second amendment/gun rights group, Gun owners` Action League (GOAL) stated:“The bill was the greatest victory for gun owners since the passage of the gun control laws in 1998 (Chapter 180 of the Acts of 1998). It was a reform bill totally supported by GOAL. Press and media stories around the country got it completely wrong when claimed the bill was an extension of the ‘assault weapon’ ban”, always been against illegal immigration, signed bill before it was in vogue on tuition breaks, for building the complete fence along the border, for DOMA, is for Cut, Cap, and Balance, only one from day one that has been vehemently pro expansion of the military and keeping GITMO open if not expanding it, for drilling in ANWR and investing in new technologies to get us off of foreign oil, develop energy technology like nuclear or liquefied coal, he did discuss AGW but also stated he would not spend trillions of dollars to try to fix something that MAY be man-made by 1%, and finally this is what HE proposed as a solution for MA massive health care issues (a STATE issue)

So let’s discuss what is liberal about these stances. Many need to realize they have been wrong on Romney’s stances.

g2825m on November 15, 2011 at 7:17 AM