Rasmussen: Perry’s favorable rating now at … 25/61

posted at 7:41 pm on November 11, 2011 by Allahpundit

Nice big sample of 1,000 likely voters. To put this in perspective, Palin’s favorable numbers have been cited for the past two years as proof that she couldn’t get elected — and Perry’s numbers here are worse than hers were in nearly every poll that’s ever been taken on her. Among independents (whom Rasmussen polls as “others” when asking about party), he’s at 22/63. I’m mystified. He’s been dreadful in the debates and he messed up badly with his crack about the heartlessness of denying in-state tuition to illegals, but he’s a likable enough guy. Even Ron Paul manages 35/50 in this poll and he has tons of detractors in the mainstream of both parties. And the worst part for Perry is that Ras’s poll was taken on Wednesday and Thursday of this week, after a full day of the brain fart heard ’round the world airing nonstop on cable news. If there was going to be a sympathy bump for him, we’d be seeing it here. Instead, the guy’s radioactive. What happened?

Matt Bai thinks his vapor lock was killer not because it made him look dumb but because it made him look inauthentic:

There’s nothing more central to Mr. Perry’s campaign than the idea of scaling back the government in Washington — that’s pretty much the whole tamale right there — and what he proved last night, in 60 or so agonizing seconds, is that he hasn’t thought deeply enough about it to even master the basics of his own agenda.

What’s really missing from Mr. Perry’s campaign — the vacuum that was exposed in the debate — isn’t smoothness or intellect, but a sense that the man is clear on what the moment demands. It underlies the lingering sense that Mr. Perry is running chiefly because he saw an opening he could exploit, rather than having spent much time thinking about what ails the country and what to do about it.

His money’s starting to dry up too, even as he launches a desperate $1 million ad buy on Fox to try to stop the bleeding:

Fundraising for Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry, who has raised millions since declaring his candidacy in August, has slowed significantly, exacerbated by poor debate performances, sources close to his campaign said on Friday…

“Their fund-raising has ground to a halt. It ground to a halt before the debate this week,”,” said a prominent Republican source familiar with the situation who asked not to be identified…

“I think they are not going to have any money coming in for the next month,” said the Perry fundraiser, who did not want to be named due to the sensitive nature of the situation.

The big winner in Rasmussen’s favorable survey was Romney, the only one of the candidates polled who was above water at 48/42. (Cain clocked in at 37/51 and Gingrich at 38/50.) Romney also leads big in CBS’s new poll on which candidate is most electable, taking 40 percent versus 20 for Cain and just six each for Gingrich and Perry. Old theory: The primary will be a long war of attrition between Romney and Perry. New theory: Romney wins Iowa and then New Hampshire and the nomination is decided by the evening of January 10th. Cain could still complicate that by pulling a Huckabee-an upset in Iowa, but a new poll out today from Insider Advantage shows his lead over Romney there having dropped from 30/15 to 23/19 in just five days. The earlier poll was probably just an outlier — see Karl’s explanation here for why — but given the national trends, I wonder. Exit question: Second look at Gary Johnson?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

That actually has the ring of truth to it if the Internet is anything to judge by. It would also be interesting to see how many of them there really were for once.

sharrukin on November 11, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Oh, I’m just talking convention politics. Once a candidate was settled, I suspect a plurality would vote GOP, some percentage vote Libertarian/Constitution, some very small percentage would vote Obama, and a sizable chunk would stay home.

But if he has enough delegates to be make or break, they’d deadlock the convention, and laugh about it. And even offered Rand as an alternative, I wonder if certain state delegations would simply walk.

JohnGalt23 on November 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Yeah…I admit slime, a slime above PAULIANAS

Limerick on November 11, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Can’t agree with that. Paul, although he may be misguided on some issues, still believes in and cares about his country. OWS wants to destroy it and everything it stands for.

OWS is the enemy of this nation, pure and simple.

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Ack now Alan Grayson is on the side bar ad.

As for Perry – he has to rebound tomorrow in a big way and I say that as a true blue supporter.

I think the momentum is with Newt.

gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Perry/Rubio 2012 because we need good leadership not a Vegas comedy show.

NickDeringer on November 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Gee, I don’t know, that sideshow Perry has been giving us in the debates is pretty worthy of a headliner in Vegas.

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

OWS is the enemy of this nation, pure and simple.

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM

But they have spine or something…

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Perry/Rubio 2012 because we need good leadership not a Vegas comedy show.
NickDeringer on November 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Besides, Rick is way too busy being mocked on Letterman’s comedy show to setup a full Vegas comedy act.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

whatcat:Helluva gamble me thinks!

canopfor on November 11, 2011 at 8:15 PM
———————————

“Save Transgendered Orangutangs” Fund otherwise.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 8:23 PM

whatcat:Too funny:)

canopfor on November 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Whatever, it ain’t worth the fight. I have ZERO respect for Paul and what he supposedly stands for. NONE, ZIP, NADA. I’d rather fight the commies in power then follow Paul to hell.

Limerick on November 11, 2011 at 8:15 PM

WTF?

Who let the Daily Kooks slip in here?

Nelsen on November 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM

predator:That would be a hoot,to watch a Press Conference,
with those two,taking on the MSM!:)

canopfor on November 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM

can,
I just want to see her debate “Plugs” Biden.

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM

OWS is the enemy of this nation, pure and simple.

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM

And believing in a 21st century hiding in a bubble of invulerability is not? The Pauliana Utopia is as big a hogwash as anything out of OWS.

Limerick on November 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Perry/Rubio 2012 because we need good leadership not a Vegas comedy show.

NickDeringer on November 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Martin and Lewis ain’t got nuthin’ on Huntsman & Perry.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Ack now Alan Grayson is on the side bar ad.

gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Use FireFox with the “no ads” extension. You will see no ad’s and the pages load faster.

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Nelsen on November 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Then you know me not, Mr Nelsen.

Limerick on November 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Limerick on November 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM

No, it’s even more hogwashy because they don’t have spine!

;)

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:29 PM

But they have spine or something…

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Without Soros, SEIU, Trumka, et al. they are the consummate invertebrate; worms wriggling their way through the sh*t and the mud.

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Then you know me not, Mr Nelsen.

Limerick on November 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Oh, but he has your money quote …

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:30 PM

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Heck, without welfare, you probably wouldn’t have half of these courageous souls.

I can just hear Limerick: “We could ne’er ‘a won the great world wars without the likes of the occupiers!”

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Scorched earth Rick. It’s time to not merely muss Romney’s hair, no, drag his RINO candy a** into the muck and mire. Light him up so his arrogance will shine brightly. Just do it.

exdeadhead on November 11, 2011 at 8:31 PM

But they have spine or something…

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Nah, they just gotta a lot of weed.

bazil9 on November 11, 2011 at 8:32 PM

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:30 PM

My wife has more. She uses them to no good end daily.

Limerick on November 11, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Nah, they just gotta a lot of weed.

bazil9 on November 11, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Well, that explains why Gary Johnson is down there.

BTW, thanks for the cat food tip. He’s growing really well … but sometimes acts like he’s on crack ;)

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Thanks. One should not be subjected to Alan Grayson torture especially on a Friday night.

gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM

exdeadhead on November 11, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I’d been strongly hoping he would do this, but like Newt suggested, the voters most likely already know what a RINO he is, so maybe he should just throw dirty blows at Obama. Its not like it would hurt him, he’s already at 5% or whatever, and it’d get Obama dirty.

El_Terrible on November 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM

canopfor on November 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM

can,
I just want to see her debate “Plugs” Biden.

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM

predator:That would be good,but I bet the Moderator would step in
every time GaffeBiden’s brain freezes up!:)

canopfor on November 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I confess! I’m a Pauliana intolerant! Not much makes me sicker, if that is possible.

Limerick on November 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Limerick on November 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM

My point is that at least the old fart believes in capitalism. I don’t like his foreign policy either. But I do believe he is for a strong national defense. He just doesn’t want to intervene in a lot of places overseas. He’s wrong on many of those counts, but I still place him above the OWSers.

He strikes me as an isolationist, which George Washington was to some degree. That won’t work in today’s world. But we could pick our fights more wisely.

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:35 PM

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:35 PM

I’d probably go with non-interventionist; though, of the top of my head I don’t know what kind of ardent capitalist GW was.

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Ack now Alan Grayson is on the side bar ad.

gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Maybe we should all click on it, and psych him out.. out psych the psycho.. A Friday night parlor game to unify the HA gang!

kringeesmom on November 11, 2011 at 8:37 PM

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Agreed, on those points. I’d rather fight them than him because the rest of of world would crush Paul like a bug, and us with him.

Limerick on November 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM

And execute them more wisely as well.

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I think the momentum is with Newt.

gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I do too so we can expect the media to start tearing him down in short order. The meme is Mr inevitable, the media is in the tank for Romney. It’s Mr my turn next. It’s November 11th. The Iowa Caucasus isn’t till January 3rd, but it’s all already decided. If I were Iowans I wouldn’t even bother to Caucasus it’s a forgone conclusion they should just stay home and warm/

One of the things I like about Newt Gingrich, is he won’t act like a trained circus seal for the media. He’s not hostile to the media, but he’s not playing by their rules. When he starts showing any kind of traction in the polls, the media will go negative to erode any support he might be enjoying. The pattern has been pretty clear, the fix is in.

Dr Evil on November 11, 2011 at 8:39 PM

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Anytime. Sorry about leaving FB. Hornet has my email. I still consider you a friend and respect your opinions. I am glad I helped :) Go kitty!

bazil9 on November 11, 2011 at 8:39 PM

bazil9 on November 11, 2011 at 8:39 PM

No problem. P.S. good news on the home front (I don’t even think Stinger knows yet) :D

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:41 PM

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Me neither, but I seem to recall reading somewhere in his final speech before the end of his presidency that he warned of the dangers of intervention in foreign affairs. Could be wrong, but I think he wanted the nation to stay within itself. That was doable then. Now? A little tougher.

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Hey canopfor,

Want to see the left go really apoplectic?

Ollie North/Liz Cheney 2012!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:44 PM

MeatHeadinCA on November 11, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I haven’t talked to sting or anyone. What? your tying the knot?

bazil9 on November 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM

gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM

It’s called “Adblock Plus”. You don’t see ads unless you turn it off.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Dr Evil on November 11, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Actually, the time is a bit shorter when you factor in Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. That shaves off about 2 weeks.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Dr Evil on November 11, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Yep however I am beginning to wonder if going negative on Newt will even work.

All I know is Sarah Palin was right – this is definitely an unconventional campaign.

gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Sarah Palin/Ron Paul 12!

Write it in. Lets reform Washington.

FloatingRock on November 11, 2011 at 8:52 PM

It’s called “Adblock Plus”. You don’t see ads unless you turn it off.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Thanks!

gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:52 PM

kringeesmom on November 11, 2011 at 8:37 PM

LOL!!!!!

gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Obama, constantly fluffed up by the MSM, seems to have a -7 job approval in recent polls, which gives some context to these numbers.

GaltBlvnAtty on November 11, 2011 at 8:56 PM

gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM

I’m sure at least 99% of the Hot Air gang agree that Grayson is a psycho…

kringeesmom on November 11, 2011 at 8:56 PM

This..the opening should have been for Palin.

tinkerthinker on November 11, 2011 at 7:51 PM

But she didn’t take it. Farked if I know why.

Sekhmet on November 11, 2011 at 7:59 PM

I don’t know either. Maybe she thought it wasn’t worth the hassle after two weeks of the Paul Revere garbage. But let’s point out once again that we were told over and over and over that something like 80% of GOP voters didn’t want her to run.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:01 PM

The pattern has been pretty clear, the fix is in.

Dr Evil on November 11, 2011 at 8:39 PM

The fix is certainly in.

Hello everybody… I haven’t had time to weigh in on the threads today so here goes. A couple of points:

- I broke down Cain’s previous 25% support in an earlier thread as consisting of 8-10% base support, 10-12% support from bitter Palinistas, and 5-8% soft support. I then made a follow-up prediction that Cain was going to drop to about 19% in the polls as he loses the 5-8% soft support to the next “momentum” candidate.

This was met with howls from especially the bitter Palinistas who weren’t so happy that I had attributed their support for Cain as one born out of their bitterness at Perry for supposedly keeping Palin out of the race.

How are things working out? I see Cain has lost that soft support exactly as I predicted and is now averaging 19% in the new polls that came out today.

- With respect to Perry’s favorability, I wouldn’t dwell too much on it at this stage. I take comfort in the fact that many (~70%) of primary voters are yet to make up their mind. It is that percentage that Perry is gunning for and hopefully will win over.

Perry might actually be helped by Gingrich’s current turn in the sun. Because watch the media/Romneybots/Cainiacs go after Gingrich and try to explain that Gingrich’s excellent performances in the debates mean nothing. That will be funny to watch.

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM
gophergirl on November 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM

It’s called “Adblock Plus”. You don’t see ads unless you turn it off.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Or you could just use a hosts file and not have to deal with the memory leaks I always seem to have to deal with with Adblock Plus.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Now what we need to find out is if Perry will bow out gracefully or will he revert back to his vindictive nasty vengeful self and use his $15 million to destroy better candidates than himself because he is jealous. Cain, Romney, and Newt, better get ready for it.

csdeven on November 11, 2011 at 9:06 PM

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Maybe you should think why some of those Palinistas are “bitter”. Weren’t you one of those who kept going on about how toxic she is? And now you want us to believe Perry can come back?

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Thats my birthday so that would be great! lol. But I dont think its going to be that quick as much as I would like.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM

It is official…..Hot Air has their share of Bumbling Perry worshipers that are just as deluded as the worshipers of St Palin the victimized when it was clear to every rational person that her campaign was done before it got started. The only difference is that Perry allowed others to convince him he was a viable candidate..

csdeven on November 11, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Oh, and here’s one of the resident Mittbots who deludes himself into thinking that Romney has a snowball’s chance in hell of coming anywhere near the presidency.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:09 PM

ALLAHPUNDIT: “To put this in perspective, Palin’s favorable numbers have been cited for the past two years as proof that she couldn’t get elected…”

By who? Who would do that?

ALLAHPUNDIT: “— and Perry’s numbers here are worse than hers were in nearly every poll that’s ever been taken on her.”

So obviously the same people who were flogging Palin over her numbers need to flog Perry more than Palin was ever flogged.

David Blue on November 11, 2011 at 9:09 PM

David Blue on November 11, 2011 at 9:09 PM

You got that right.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Off topic a bit, but Cain just said he wont be Romneys VP, but is interested in a the Secretary of defense position. Interesting.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Perry/Rubio 2012 because we need good leadership not a Vegas comedy show.

NickDeringer on November 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Rubio has insisted several times that he is staying put in Florida. And in case you forgot to read the poll, Perry’s campaign is over.

csdeven on November 11, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Well, it’s the TX good ol’ boy’s “mad money” to spend, I don’t know if it can be rolled over to another campaign, either his own or anothers’. So they’re probably not too worried about throwing good money after bad. It’s not as if they would turn it over to the “Save Transgendered Orangutangs” Fund otherwise.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 8:23 PM

What these types do is convert it all over to a PAC and then hire their relatives at outrageous salaries to run it.

csdeven on November 11, 2011 at 9:20 PM

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Cain can say he wants to be Romney’s anything. It doesn’t matter. It’s academic anyway.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:24 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Its just interesting because the common message of the anti Cain folks on HotAir is that Cain is just a stalking horse for Romney because he wants to be VP. This undermines that argument a bit.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:27 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:09 PM

The polls say you are wrong. But that isn’t news to anyone at Hot Air. The months of your guarantees that Palin would run were complete fantasy on your part. So, nothing you say has any credibility whatsoever. Meanwhile the rest of us who were 100% correct about Palin have credibility.

csdeven on November 11, 2011 at 9:27 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM

You certainly fall into the bitter Palinistas category, although I don’t think you are one of those on the Cain train. You remain optimistic that Palin will somehow somewhat become the GOP nominee.

Okay… (backs out slowly)…

Although, if it does matter to you, I was not one of those piling on Palin. I was actually one of Palin’s strongest supporters on this site. You can also count HondaV65 in that group. My only sin was in correctly predicting that Palin was NOT going to run and moving to the Perry bandwagon.

(Steps out and closes door)… :)

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM

The polls say you are wrong. But that isn’t news to anyone at Hot Air.

Romney will lose to Obama. That may be a good thing, since that might mean the end of the feckless GOP as we know it.

csdeven on November 11, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Show me one comment of mine in which I ever guaranteed Palin would run.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:32 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Hes not going to lose, but theres no point in debating this, neither one of us will be proven right or wrong for another year.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Show me one comment of mine in which I ever guaranteed Palin would run.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I thought she’d run…

and I still support her.

idesign on November 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Okay… (backs out slowly)…

Strawman. I’m doing no such thing. What we have now is your GOP savior now polling in the single digits. But he can come back!!!!! Okay….(backs out slowly)…

(Steps out and closes door)… :)

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM

No, I distinctly remember you as one of those waving that “80% of Republicans don’t want her to run” stuff.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:27 PM

No, his comments on Cavuto pretty much ended any speculation that Cain was ever Romney’s stalking horse.

First is was Perry’s getting in to pave the way for Palin, Bachmann was Romney’s stalking horse and then Cain is Romney’s stalking horse.

The tinfoil industry is getting hit hard in this election.

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Hmmm… I wonder why Cain sees it necessary to clarify this now. I guess he is receiving a lot of criticism from his “fans” for remaining chummy with Romney while piling on Perry and blaming him for everything.

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Agreed. I never bought that argument either. You dont put yourself through something like this to help someone else.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:37 PM

(Steps out and closes door)… :)

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Actually to be a little more specific I think it went something more like “Palin MUST know that her negatives are SO high and that so many people even in her own party DON’T want her to run, she won’t run…”

Sound familiar?

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:38 PM

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Bingo.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:38 PM

(Steps out and closes door)… :)

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM

See ya, don’t let the door hit you in the arse.

Tee Hee Hee

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 9:38 PM

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Yeah, he’ll lose. Just another in the line of GOP moderate electoral losers.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:40 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:40 PM

No he wont, hes going to win back the West and even pick off a few in the North East. Like I said, we’ll see. If Im wrong Ill come right back on here and take the hits and slams that will come, but I dont think Im wrong.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:42 PM

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:42 PM

LOL…he might win New Hampshire but in the process he might also lose a couple of gimme southern states as well. As for the west coast, forget it. If Whitman couldn’t beat a 70s retread like Jerry Brown in CA, Obama’s got a lock on it. Ditto for Oregon and Washington.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:45 PM

See ya, don’t let the door hit you in the arse.

Tee Hee Hee

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 9:38 PM

LOL… I’m still here, sister. How are you taking the Cain slide? Notice Perry is still holding on to his base of 8-10% in the polls?

The flub didn’t hurt his base support.

He has to continue making his case however to a skeptical base in order to seal his win. And I believe he can do it.

Your man Cain OTOH is being sustained currently by bitter Palinistas and trust me, they will quickly jump ship anytime if they see Gingrich as the next best Anyone-but-Perry Not-Romney.

Cain is now at 19%. If the bitter Palinistas jump ship, he can drop to as low as 8% soon.

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Why the hell are there sooooo many debates????

Hunting season on republicans.

purgatory on November 11, 2011 at 9:50 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Hes going to win Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Colorado, Florida, Iowa Michigan, New Mexico and Nevada. Hes not going to lose the South. Hes going to win. You dont like it, you dont like him, but you can take it to the bank if hes the nominee were winning back those states we lost in 2008 and hes going to win. Hes strong among women, his religion which many say is a deficit is an asset out west especially Nevada and Colorado. He doesnt galvanize Obamas base because they are already disenchanted and see Romney as a moderate, they are not going to come out in the same numbers as 2008 no way. Like I said, Ill see you back here in a year and we’ll see whose right.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:51 PM

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Your problem is that if Cain’s supporters jump ship, in all likelihood they’re going to Gingrich, not Perry. He’s done, face it.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM

So, will all of Rick’s men apply the same standards to their lost cause that they once used as “The Final Word” on why Palin couldn’t be President?

That’s a rhetorical question, of course…

SuperCool on November 11, 2011 at 9:57 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM

You would be correct.

Cain/Gingrich
Gingrich/Cain

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 9:58 PM

I don’t see him winning PA or Ohio or Florida. And you can’t count on the South automatically.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Obama’s base will be far more fired up than Romney’s “base”, whatever that may be. Moderates?

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:58 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Save your breath.

You could teach a rock how to swim before you could teach Slick Rick’s #1 Fanboy to use logic…or embrace reality.

SuperCool on November 11, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Sound familiar?

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:38 PM

No, ddrintn, this is what sounds familiar (see my comment below pulled from September this year).

And AllahP, I have asked this before – can we have a way of archiving comments made by each user whereby we could click on a username and pull past comments.

I think it’s hilarious whenever someone suggests that it’s too late for her to get in.

Gregor on September 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Palin is NOT running and, yes, it is too LATE for her to get in assuming she wants to win. However, if she wants to jump in simply to raise an issue or to nudge the candidates in the right direction, then it is not too late.

Name recognition and a dedicated following are definitely pluses that any candidate would die for. In that respect, Palin trumps the field.

However, there is the “nuts and bolts” aspect – having and maintaining a campaign apparatus in all fifty states in order to be competitive. In other words, one needs structures on the ground.

Palin has NO campaign structures set up in any single state as of today, the 27th of September, 2011. One could say she could inherit the campaign structures of Governors and other elected officials who might endorse her. Maybe if she had entered into the race earlier but not now when a lot of those officials are pledged to other candidates.

It is this pragmatic assessment of Palin’s assembled campaign apparatus rather than rhetoric (interpreted by code available to the Palin die-hards) that led TheRightMan to make the prediction that Palin is NOT running.

TheRightMan on September 27, 2011 at 2:24 PM

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Most folks don’t have the time nor knowledge for tinkering with that. Usually Adblock Plus does a pretty good job especially if you update the ad filters once a week, which just takes a few seconds. There may be a pesky ad that gets through, but you can add it to the block list easily.
But usually if you have sites that you go to on a regular basis, it blocks the ads just fine.
I like how easy it is, in Firefox, to stop sleazy sites from changing your window size to do a fake virus/PC scan or similar BS.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Hey canopfor,

Want to see the left go really apoplectic?

Ollie North/Liz Cheney 2012!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

predator on November 11, 2011 at 8:44 PM

predator:Stop it,I’m get’n excited over that ticket,haha!:)

canopfor on November 11, 2011 at 10:03 PM

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I doubt that there’s just much of a demand for your old comments, TRM.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 10:05 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:58 PM

His base is going to be a lot stronger then you think. Hes going to cut into Obamas women advantage. Hes going to win Ohio because just take a look at the last election a few days ago, a super conservative is not going to win there. Just ask Kasich how hes feeling today, that state is tailor made for Romney. In 2008 Obama beat McCain by only 2 percent, that state is moderate Republican, again tailor made for Romney. Pennsylvania is a blue dog democrat state, its a Hillary state and a moderate state. Disaffected Democrats are going to have no problem casting that vote for Romney. Once this primary is over, your going to see Rush and all the rest rally behind Romney (they all liked him in 2008 and Rush even said that Romney possessed “all three legs of the conservative stool”) and the rest of the party will do the same. Most people arent as politically inclined as we are, they dont comment on websites, they dont dislike Romney the way you do. They are going to see him debate and say “ok thats the guy, he can fix this.” If Obama cant win women by double digits hes toast and Romney is already chipping away at that support.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 10:06 PM

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM

No, no. The time frame I’m thinking of was more early August, during the Rick “Ronald Reagan” Perry period.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Florida was the state I was talking about, not Ohio just to clarify.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 10:07 PM

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 10:02 PM

That’s why I started using Firefox about a year ago……….after getting about three different trojans/malware right here at HA. It took me days to get rid of the mess.

Knucklehead on November 11, 2011 at 10:07 PM

His base is going to be a lot stronger then you think.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 10:06 PM

What IS his base? He never seems to poll above the mid-20s in GOP polls, and that’s after 3 years of a steady diet of “Romney’s the most electable” garbage.

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM

There are 8 candidates. 25 percent isnt too shabby. Remember, thats a national poll. Look at the early states, national polls dont matter right now, they really dont. Also important to remember, I think about 10 of these primaries, Ill have to look it up for the exact number are open primaries where independents can vote. He’ll have an advantage there. In almost every head to head with Obama Romney wins, nationally and state by state. That is the national poll that matters, not the primary national polls.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 10:12 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM

No, I understand that the “bitter Palinistas” constituting about 10-12% of Cain’s current support of 19% will keep shopping for Anyone-but-Perrys until they are forced to confront reality. Reality being that no one aside Perry can give Romney a run for the nomination.

Why do you think the media/GOP Establishment are busy pumping out the “Perry is done” articles/opinions?

Be thankful that Perry is still staying on to fight. Because if he were to step out tomorrow, there will be a big eruption of joy among the Establishment and the news will be full of articles like: “Perry out! Romney is the defacto nominee” and then they will proceed to butcher the rest of the also-rans.

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 10:12 PM

ddrintn on November 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Opportunistic jerks, the GOP establishment and country club Republicans from the northeast corridor.

The Scott Browns, the Olympia Snowes, the Susan Collins types.

The Jim Jeffords/Lincoln Chaffee types…

SuperCool on November 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM

How is Romney above water? If Perry’s favorables are so bad because of a perceived lack of authenticity then how the hell is Romney not down there with him? How is Cain below Romney in favorability when his whole surge is based on his personal appeal? Why is Romney blocked by an invisible ceiling in every poll taken if he is the only one with an above water favorable rating?

Either something is wrong with this poll or voters, especially GOP voters these days, are complete idiots. No wonder more young, single and conservative people are thinking of leaving this country; as Herman Cain says, stupid people are ruining this nation.

And to all the people bringing up Palin, get off it already. I wanted her to run, you wanted her to run, but she didn’t run. Her anti-crony capitalist message would have been a winner and I’m shocked no other GOP candidate is running with it, but she decided not to run so it really doesn’t matter what people said about whether she could have won or not due to her negative favorable ratings. It’s up to her to endorse someone and by someone I mean Not Romney.

I wish this poll went into more detail as to why Perry’s ratings are so low. This can’t be all because of the heartless comment (though that seriously ticked most of us off) and I don’t see how it can be a rejection of another Bush “compassionate Conservative” or lack of authenticity since Romney is somehow above water. People make NO sense.

Daemonocracy on November 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Dude, I am totally f***ing cursed.

My picks:
Giuliani (2007 – 08)
Romney (2008) (instead of McCain)
McCain (2008) (instead of Obama)
Palin (2008-june 2011)
Perry (June 2011 – present)

If you aren’t nice to me, I am going to support your candidate next.

Do I have some kind of toxic anti-super-power to tank a candidate? Maybe I need to take one for the team and start supporting Obama?

bitsy on November 11, 2011 at 10:17 PM

SuperCool on November 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Us “opportunistic jerks” are needed if a Republican wants to win more then a hotair poll.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM

bitsy on November 11, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Ha! lol, that was funny.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 10:19 PM

I doubt that there’s just much of a demand for your old comments, TRM.

whatcat on November 11, 2011 at 10:05 PM

You could very well be right, whatcat, but I might want to click on your username to read through your comments on days when I am bored and want a good laugh.

TheRightMan on November 11, 2011 at 10:20 PM

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Yeah, we know.

Obama never would have won without your support.

SuperCool on November 11, 2011 at 10:20 PM

SuperCool on November 11, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I maxed out to McCain, I made calls for McCain, you dont know what your talking about.

nswider on November 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM