Carrie Fisher: Ted Kennedy once asked me if I’d have sex with Chris Dodd

posted at 7:12 pm on November 10, 2011 by Allahpundit

Can we really trust her on this? It sounds … so unlike him.

In a week filled with accusations about skeevy behavior by politicians around women, it’s only right that we pay tribute to the master.

“So, [in 1985,] having recently graduated completely healed and normal from my first stint in a rehab, and appearing in an almost perfectly respectable piece of work, I found myself driving from Baltimore to Washington, D.C., to have dinner with Chris Dodd, this senator who I knew virtually nothing about. Nor did Senator Dodd — like most people, then, now and always — have any idea who I was in the wide, wide world beyond this cute little actress who’d played Princess Leia.”

“Suddenly, Senator Kennedy, seated directly across from me, looked at me with his alert, aristocratic eyes and asked me a most surprising question. ‘So,’ he said, clearly amused, ‘do you think you’ll be having sex with Chris at the end of your date?’ … To my left, Chris Dodd looked at me with an unusual grin hanging on his very flushed face.”

Her reply: “‘Funnily enough, I won’t be having sex with Chris tonight,’ I said, my face composed and calm. ‘No, that probably won’t happen.’ People blinked. ‘Thanks for asking, though.’”

His retort: “‘Would you have sex with Chris in a hot tub?’ Senator Kennedy asked me, perhaps as a way to say good night? ‘I’m no good in water,’ I told him.”

Princess Leia is a confirmed hater of racist teabaggers so there’s no right-wing agenda at work here in badmouthing Teddy. How could there be? Given his track record, this vignette seems downright charming. If you’ve never read Michael Kelly’s famous piece on Kennedy, here’s the immortal passage on the “waitress sandwich” he once created with his buddy Chris at La Brasserie:

It is after midnight and Kennedy and Dodd are just finishing up a long dinner in a private room on the first floor of the restaurant’s annex. They are drunk. Their dates, two very young blondes, leave the table to go to the bathroom. (The dates are drunk too. “They’d always get their girls very, very drunk,” says a former Brasserie waitress.) Betty Loh, who served the foursome, also leaves the room. Raymond Campet, the co-owner of La Brasserie, tells [waitress Carla] Gaviglio the senators want to see her.

As Gaviglio enters the room, the six-foot-two, 225-plus-pound Kennedy grabs the five-foot-three, 103-pound waitress and throws her on the table. She lands on her back, scattering crystal, plates and cutlery and the lit candles. Several glasses and a crystal candlestick are broken. Kennedy then picks her up from the table and throws her on Dodd, who is sprawled in a chair. With Gaviglio on Dodd’s lap, Kennedy jumps on top and begins rubbing his genital area against hers, supporting his weight on the arms of the chair. As he is doing this, Loh enters the room. She and Gaviglio both scream, drawing one or two dishwashers. Startled, Kennedy leaps up. He laughs. Bruised, shaken and angry over what she considered a sexual assault, Gaviglio runs from the room. Kennedy, Dodd and their dates leave shortly thereafter, following a friendly argument between the senators over the check.

Follow the link for lots, lots more. That incident allegedly happened in 1985 and Kelly’s piece came out in 2007, yet Kennedy remained a progressive icon in good standing to the very end. Just something to bear in mind if/when the Cain story starts up again and the left puts on its most disapproving frowny face.

Exit question: What does Fisher mean when she says, “People blinked”? Did Teddy say it loudly enough that people at other tables heard?

Comments

I’ve heard worse about Kennedy and Dodd. Those two use to hang out at the Dubinler near the Union Station. They would sexually harsh women and get away with it. Horrible stuff. They are both scum.

taney71 on November 10, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Would you rather he ask if he can drive you home?

reddevil on November 10, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Damned, I miss Michael Kelly.

The man could write. And think. A bit of Hitchens in him. Or a bit of Kelly in Hitchens.

Not too many journalists like him around anymore.

SteveMG on November 10, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Ted Kennedy: white

Herman Cain: black

All you need to know.

angryed on November 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

Lion of the Senate.

malclave on November 10, 2011 at 7:16 PM

As the denizens of OWS are discovering, when you hang out with animals you’re bound to get a few fleas.

I guess dogs also spread TB. Who knew?

Bishop on November 10, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

O_O

ROFL

Bishop on November 10, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Was she wearing the bikini?

Cookies Mom on November 10, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

Dammit… beat me to it.

JohnGalt23 on November 10, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

Dude!

davidk on November 10, 2011 at 7:22 PM

On a 1985 Washington, D.C., dinner with her date, the then single former Sen. Chris Dodd, and dining companion, the late Sen. Ted Kennedy:
===============

Lemme guess,is it a inderect shot at Cain!!

what…what..JUS SAY’N!!
(snark)

canopfor on November 10, 2011 at 7:22 PM

ah yes!! the lion of senate!

chasdal on November 10, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Both those guys are/were sick and I tend to believe every allegation against them from women. Fumigate DC. Both parties have these disgusting lecherous pigs in that city.

The demos have an amazing ability to overlook the king of them all, Fat Teddy.

BruinEric on November 10, 2011 at 7:22 PM

beckel was just defending Dodd on the 5 this pm…no, he’s not a crook.

everyone laughed at the absurdity. Bet they dump on beckel again tomorrow.

r keller on November 10, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Would you rather he ask if he can drive you home?

reddevil on November 10, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Ooooooooooooooh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ouch. :O

listens2glenn on November 10, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Dodd belongs in prison with PSU’s Sandusky and their new best friend, a 6’5″, 300 lb cellmate.

BuckeyeSam on November 10, 2011 at 7:23 PM

AP, AP, AP … tut, tut, tut. It’s not about reality, but perception. No matter if someone truly treats women like crap. But an “inappropriate” word or touch, then, THAT’s important!

Paul-Cincy on November 10, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Rot… in… Hell…!

Seven Percent Solution on November 10, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Touche!!! Encore, touche!!

Alright…c’mon, guys. Princess Lay-a is showing a bit of personal honesty here, even if the story turns out to be totally made up.

We all know progressive and filthy rich Democrat senators are entitled to have their way with whatever they desire…women, girls, men, boys, your pet corgi…and nobody bats an eye.

It is their policies that matter, right?

As for Princess Lay-a…as my maternal Granpa would have said, “Shiksa nafka.”

coldwarrior on November 10, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

portlandon on November 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM

How is that not the thread winner? !

listens2glenn on November 10, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Ted Kennedy now sober and not killing or attacking women for 2 years. Who says a man can not reform?

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 10, 2011 at 7:27 PM

“Suddenly, Senator Kennedy, seated directly across from me, looked at me with his alert glassy, aristocratic bloodshot eyes and asked me a most surprising question…”

That edit seemed appropriate.

Mike Honcho on November 10, 2011 at 7:28 PM

It wouldn’t surprise me if leia would rather have sex with Jabba than Dodd.

jaboba on November 10, 2011 at 7:28 PM

The Political Progressive Perversions!!

DeBaucherous Democrats!

Liberal Titillations Sumpin!!

canopfor on November 10, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Was she wearing the bikini?
Cookies Mom on November 10, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Yes, and strangely enough the naked Ted Kennedy was a spitting image of Jabba the Hutt.

Bishop on November 10, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Ted Kennedy: white

Herman Cain: black

All you need to know.

angryed on November 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Ted Kennedy: white liberal

Herman Cain: black conservative

All you need to know.

Fixed that.

JellyToast on November 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM

“So, Chris, is that a lightsaber in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?”

Dopenstrange on November 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 10, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Hahahahaha

Bishop on November 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Just like a Kennedy.

madmonkphotog on November 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM

ah yes!! the lion lyin’ of the senate!

chasdal on November 10, 2011 at 7:22 PM

FIFY.

Dopenstrange on November 10, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Ted Kennedy: white

Herman Cain: black

All you need to know.

angryed on November 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM

What, you think they’d sit on a sex scandal involving Palin or Perry? Or how about the fact that NYT ran a story on rumors that McCain might have had an improper relationship with some woman?

Kennedy: Democrat and liberal icon

Cain: Republican and Tea Party icon

THAT’S all you need to know.

Honestly, even if the woman is telling the truth, at best she’s got Cain trying to assault her and then stopping when she asked him to. That’s the worst thing I’ve heard yet that Cain might have done.

Contrast that with Kennedy’s waitress sandwich and his negligent homicide (at best), and I never want to hear a lib even look cross at Cain over this. Yes, we can and should if he’s guilty, but they have no moral high horse whatsoever.

Esthier on November 10, 2011 at 7:32 PM

…so ‘everyone knew’, and no one did anything about it?

Skandia Recluse on November 10, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Awww – what a sweet story. Ted Kennedy was such a thoughtful guy, he wanted to make sure his friends got laid, too.

Who knew?

pbundy on November 10, 2011 at 7:34 PM

With all due respect to these comments, Teddy never became POTUS because salt of the earh Americans knew he was a pig. Clinton got away with it because after 12 straight years of Republicans in the WH, people wanted a change.

ardenenoch on November 10, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Ted Kennedy: white nliberal

Herman Cain: black conservative

All you need to know.

angryed on November 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Fixed it for you. It’s about political philosophy, not race. Look how the media has failed to follow up any rumors about Barack Obama, while they publish any rumors about Herman Cain, Nikki Haley, Sarah Palin or any other conservatives.

bw222 on November 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Dude. Epic.

John the Libertarian on November 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Suddenly..I think of Joe Biden….!!

tinkerthinker on November 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Remember this,

Rush and Coulter!!

Jabba the Rush:
*****************
*****************

canopfor on November 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM

ardenenoch on November 10, 2011 at 7:34 PM

With that same respect, I have to disagree. He didn’t become POTUS because he killed a woman and was lucky to get away from that without so much as a fine.

Even salt of the earth Americans were willing to look the other way with his philandering until someone died.

Esthier on November 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Kennedy always disgusted me. God must have been asleep when that car went over the side.

GaltBlvnAtty on November 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Suddenly..I think of Joe Biden….!!

tinkerthinker on November 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Biden will use the story, substituting himself for Dodd…or worse, Carrie Fisher.

he has a knack for doing that sort of thing.

coldwarrior on November 10, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! Nice one.

Kevin71 on November 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Carrie Fisher should have said to Kennedy: “I can’t have sex with Dodd tonight; he’s already promised to have sex with Angelo Mozilo.”

radjah shelduck on November 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM

portlandon on November 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM

LOL. The best comment, ever!

d1carter on November 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM

And after that I bet that stupid a$$ Carrie Fisher continued to be a Kennedy and Dodd supporter.

mizflame98 on November 10, 2011 at 7:46 PM

***************Tales from The Crypt***************************

Oh wait!

canopfor on November 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM

radjah shelduck on November 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM

OH SNAP that’s a nice one.

angryed on November 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

Ouch.

petefrt on November 10, 2011 at 7:51 PM

GaltBlvnAtty on November 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Sometimes, only the good die young.

mizflame98 on November 10, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I’m not a betting woman, & I’d bet $$ on that one.

Badger40 on November 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Am so glad you’ve republished that story. It needs to be repeated several times every year to try to contradict the hideous distortions by the Democrats as to who Ted Kennedy (and Chris Dodd, for that matter) are/were.

May this story live long and be oft-repeated. Because it should be.

Lourdes on November 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Yeah, I’d believe the story. But remember, in the presents of Democrats, you’re supposed to genuflect when you mention Teddy’s name.

GarandFan on November 10, 2011 at 7:55 PM

God must have been asleep when that car went over the side.

GaltBlvnAtty on November 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM

God didn’t want that jackass to be president any more than the rest of us do.

pedestrian on November 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM

The fact that so many LIMP HANDSHAKE REPUBLICANS nearly sobbed their hearts out over the Roar of the Lion of the Senate is what is one of the more pathetic examples of the D.C. Elitists taking care of their own.

….does anyone seriously not understand why most Americans DESPISE politics?

PappyD61 on November 10, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Third on the list of disgusting Ted Kennedy facts is the letter he wrote, before going to hell, to the Pope in which Kennedy pleaded his case as a righteous dude by Kennedy standards for what he’d “done for the poor” while claiming his massive support and promotion of abortion should not be held against him.

A truly pathetic last-ditch self-promotional ego spillover from a guy desperate to argue against God and call that “being faithful.”

Lourdes on November 10, 2011 at 8:00 PM

The Hellfire Club lives on.

NNtrancer on November 10, 2011 at 8:00 PM

The Lyin’ of the Senate.

Mallard T. Drake on November 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM

You mean the liberal lion of the senate was actually a cad, a boor, and acted like a frat boy drunk on power, money and his family’s influence? Who knew.

Tacitus on November 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM

“‘Would you have sex with Chris in a hot tub?’

Would like to have sex with Chris on a boat?

Would like to have sex with Chris and a goat?

In a car?

In a bar?

etc., etc.

(with apologies to Dr. Seuss)

tballard on November 10, 2011 at 8:02 PM

No ***t ? I would have never thought.

Hummer53 on November 10, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Jabba The Hut scene re-enactment.

SouthernGent on November 10, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Ted Kennedy: white DIMOCRAT

Herman Cain: black Republican

All you need to know.

FIFU

Dingbat63 on November 10, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Lion of the Senate.
Murderer.
And now Pimp for the Stars.

Indeed, a man of many talents

Hog Wild on November 10, 2011 at 8:11 PM

This isn’t bad-mouthing. She justified it as being one of his “quirks”, that made him the wonderful person he was.

She was just providing an amusing anecdote to show how charming he was.

ButterflyDragon on November 10, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Can’t say how, but I can find out for certain whether this actually happened.

rockmom on November 10, 2011 at 8:47 PM

And people of Massachusetts loved this Idiot…

Wood Dragon on November 10, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Brain tumor was the easiest way out for that piece of “liberal lion” trash.

Danny on November 10, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Would you have sex with Chris in a tub?
How about if he gave you a rub?
Would you have sex, with me?
No, I wouldn’t Senator Kennedy.
Not because I don’t put out, but…
I think I caught something from Jabba the Hut.

Catseye on November 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

There’s no such thing as a quiet drunk.

The Ugly American on November 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Speak no ill of the dead. They can’t defend themselves.

unclesmrgol on November 10, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

+1000

unclesmrgol on November 10, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

I nominate this as Comment of The Year

BobMbx on November 10, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Did they have sandwiches?

bloggless on November 10, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Ah, Ted Kennedy. Thinking of him dead still makes me smile. I hated that man for what he got away with.

austinnelly on November 10, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Bishop on November 10, 2011 at 7:29 PM

That’s an insult to Hutts everywhere.

Sterling Holobyte on November 11, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Dine with swine, rise with flies.

profitsbeard on November 11, 2011 at 12:02 AM

If Country Wide really wanted a ride, all he would have had to do is offer to split an 8 ball with her.

SuperCool on November 11, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Jesus could walk on water. Teddy? Like a rock..

IlikedAUH2O on November 11, 2011 at 5:00 AM

When Dodd joins Kennedy in hell, they will be the sex toys of smelly dead terrorists. Talk about just desserts all around.

Extrafishy on November 11, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Until a few years ago, I ranked Ted Kennedy #1 among the politicians who most damaged this country. Then came Øbama.

Teddy was a bad seed. I sometimes wondered how often Jack and Bobby rolled over in their graves.

petefrt on November 11, 2011 at 7:14 AM

“‘I’m no good in water,’ I told him.”

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

BOOM! Headshot!

apostic on November 11, 2011 at 7:45 AM

Ted Kennedy, like John Kerry, are just living feces from the blueblood core of the nation. Kennedy was just a whorehopping drunk and Kerry is worse. Without Theresa, Kerry would be a homeless drunk instead of a Massachusetts senator.

volsense on November 11, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Neither was Mary Jo Kopechne.

portlandon on November 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM

You beat me to it. I knew there was a joke there. I was thinking “neither was Teddy”. Or Teddy adds, I tend to have issues with women and water.

jeffn21 on November 11, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Lion of the Senate.

malclave on November 10, 2011 at 7:16 PM

More like “Rabbit of the Senate”.

Shirotayama on November 11, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Speak no ill of the dead. They can’t defend themselves.

unclesmrgol on November 10, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Well if the Dems want to dig up a dead guy to attack Mitt we should bury that corrupt sob with as much of his own dirt as we can throw and deep 6 him for good.

gracie on September 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM

You can be sure that Teddy will rise up and vote for the Big O in November.

TimBuk3 on September 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM