“This so-called story”: Cain unloads on media in new statement; Update: Cain statement published yesterday

posted at 7:46 pm on November 7, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Todd Starnes of Fox News, is it still a “so-called story” when you have a woman making accusations on TV under her own name? If The One were suddenly facing a bunch of similar claims from his community-organizing days, including one from a named accuser, I’m thinking … yeah, story.

When in trouble, trust in the magic formula to firm up support: Media-bashing + “outsider” authenticity (“I won’t play by the establishment’s rules”) + vagueness on the particulars.

Unfortunately, the media-driven process by which one must seek this opportunity is fundamentally unserious. I have touched on this before – the emphasis on “gaffes,” gotcha questions and time devoted to trivial nonsense – and everyone knows the process only became further detached from relevance this week as the media published anonymous, ancient, vague personal allegations against me.

Another reason I refuse to play by these rules is that, by doing it my way, I’m getting much better results. My fundraising has skyrocketed since all this nonsense began. Just this weekend, the Washington Post has come out with a new poll – taken since all this started – showing me in the lead nationally, with my numbers on the rise…

But the process by which we choose our presidents has become so warped that, when something like this happens, the media and political strategists start grading you on whether you play an absurd game by their absurd rules.

A few things. One: The reason there’s been an emphasis on “gaffes” in his case is because all too often the gaffes have to do with significant policy matters. Go watch the clip here again if you missed it earlier. Two: He says later that the witnesses to these alleged harassment incidents are all conspicuously anonymous. Not true, though. Chris Wilson put his name on the record. Three: He makes the point that he’s had thousands of professional conversations over the years, so some people were bound to be rubbed the wrong way. Right, but of course so have Romney and Perry and no one’s accused them of harassment, let alone four people.

Here’s Allred talking to Wolf Blitzer tonight about the charges. She says Bialek won’t accept money for this story and, more noteworthy, claims that she has sworn affidavits from two people who say Bialek told them about the alleged incident with Cain around the time that it happened in 1997. She won’t reveal their names — yet — but she did supposedly read the affidavits to reporters after today’s presser. Oh, and according to John Nolte of Big Hollywood, it turns out Bialek is indeed a registered Republican and that she did in fact attend “Teacon” in Chicago last month, as she claimed. Stay tuned.

I am a serious person, seeking the opportunity to do a serious and very important job. Our nation has very serious problems, particularly of an economic nature, and Barack Obama does not have the skill, knowledge or will to solve them.

I do.

Once this kind of nonsense starts, the media’s rules say you have to act in a certain way. I am well aware of these rules. And I refuse to play by them.

There are several reasons for this. One is that, lest anyone forget, we actually have serious matters to talk about. Since the media went bananas over this so-called story, my schedule has not changed in the slightest. I have continued to make all planned public appearances. I have continued to answer questions about my 9-9-9 tax reform plan. I have continued to do everything else that our strategy proscribes.

Another reason I refuse to play by these rules is that, by doing it my way, I’m getting much better results. My fundraising has skyrocketed since all this nonsense began. Just this weekend, the Washington Post has come out with a new poll – taken since all this started – showing me in the lead nationally, with my numbers on the rise.

The media may be obsessed with this business, but the voters are not. And I am not.

But there’s another crucially important reason I refuse to play by these rules: These rules stink. Can the process by which we pick the leader of our nation be any more absurd? I’m not talking about the primary process or the role of the electorate. There is nothing wrong with that. I am talking about the media’s trivializing of such an important matter.

Consider: I held various executive positions in corporate America for several decades. I had thousands of employees working for me. I can’t even begin to recall how many conversations I had with people during that time, how many directives I gave, how much friendly banter might have taken place.

I also had to make tough decisions during these years. I turned around a poorly performing region for Burger King, then turned around a struggling Godfather’s Pizza organization. At some point during a career like this, someone will not like things you do, or how you do it. Someone will complain.
That is just the nature of things if you’ve ever done much in your life.

So once the editors of Politico started looking for people who would make claims against me, their chances of finding a few takers were probably about 100 percent. These people will not give their names. The so-called “witnesses” who purportedly corroborated their stories also will not give their names. That’s about what you would expect when people are engaging in a “hatchet job,” as it’s been described by Joseph Fassler, who was chairman of the National Restaurant Association board when I was there.

It’s easy to make accusations when, by virtue of your anonymity, you don’t have to be held accountable for the claims you’re making. It’s easy to publish them when, like Politico, you don’t follow basic rules of journalism by naming your sources or giving any details whatsoever about what supposedly happened.

When someone stops you on the street and hits you with an accusation like this, they subsequently write a story about the look in your eyes, and how many seconds it took you to speak some words in response.

They go to “crisis management experts” who offer the usual sage wisdom about “getting all the information out” – as if you can get any “information” out (aside from telling them nothing happened, which they don’t want to hear) in response to allegations that are unsourced and nonspecific.

Then, when you haven’t “calmed the firestorm” – if only because the people wielding the blow-torches have no intention of putting them out – more experts are put on the air to say this proves you are “not ready for prime time.”

Maybe that would matter if I was trying out for the cast of Saturday Night Live. But this should be a slightly more serious undertaking than that.

Contrary to the belief of experts, so wise and learned in the ways of politics, I do know what the established rules say I am supposed to do. I simply refuse to do it. That’s because the rules are ridiculous, and they produce leaders like Barack Obama, who play the political game like experts but govern like complete incompetents.

The nation needs its tax structure reformed, its spending brought under control, its debt reduced and its overall governing structure made far more responsive to the needs of the people. The nation needs many other problems addressed. If it’s OK with the American people, I would like to address them.

If the media want to continue talking about nonsense, that’s fine. I’m not going to join them. It doesn’t look like the citizenry plans to join them either.

Update: Here’s something odd. Dan Calabrese of North Star National e-mailed tonight to say that the statement above was actually published yesterday as Cain’s weekly column. That makes much more sense; it seemed strange to push out a stemwinder about the media using shadowy sources to smear him on a day when someone had stepped out of the shadows.

What makes it odder, though, is that the stemwinder was apparently pushed out tonight, even though yesterday’s column was already somewhat dated. Both Todd Starnes of Fox and Maggie Haberman of Politico said the column was e-mailed out late today, after Bialek’s presser. So I guess Team Cain thought it applied perfectly well to the new allegations too or else someone forgot to suspend an automated “weekly column” blast e-mail in time.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 9:43 PM

The muscle on a guy that most impresses me is the one between his ears.
Bobby Jindal is incredibly hawt.
What?

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Drat!

I’ve cancelled the hotel suite reservation and the planned ride for some alleged “Caining”.

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I am sorry if you think going out with a woman, buying her drinks and trying to mate with her is beyond your moral ability to process, you must be Amish. FYI I am pro life, pro gun, fiscal conservative, believe in one true God – Just not impressed by forum blowhards who pass judgement on total strangers based on their own inflated sense of rightousness, then cry about free speech like a wet diaper.

I’m also on an iphone, my spelling is just fine – Thanks, anything else you full of crap holier than thou Christian maniac wants to judge me on today? <- Since it is the land of the free, allow me to post my definitive judgements of you as well.

saus on November 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM

As I already said, if your out plying women with booze that your not married to in order to score some sex, and that is not the same as mating, then your actions are pretty much beyond acceptable moral behavior for pretty much every single religion fully or vaguely based upon the Lord Jesus Christ. It is not me judging you. You have simply admitted to doing it in some immoral argument that because you do it, Cain doing it is perfectly kosher.

No one grabbed you and forced you to write it out. You chose to do so. You brought religion into the argument because you mistakenly think morality is a religion specific idea, it is not.

You brought your activity front and center, you pulled religion into the argument, and here you are complaining about me answering your statements in kind. Seriously, you think this kind of activity makes your argument seem less dreadful than it is? Make me out to be some maniac crazy loon when all I want is to live in a society that is moral and good and does not have as much bad things happening in it, and I think that the government we have today, and the people you would choose as leaders is helping cause much of this chaos and destruction.

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM

cane_loader: You are persuasive, but I am concerned you are projecting your own horrible experience with your ex-girlfriend onto Bielak.

Where would I go to check on the meanings of some of these terms in Illinois’s jurisdiction?

Scott H on November 7, 2011 at 9:12 PM

It is difficult to wade through Google to find this stuff, due to all the paid ads for legal services. I have been trying for you, but it takes awhile.

But here’s something for you: The ex parte judgment against Bialik meant that she FAILED TO APPEAR. You can read about ex parte judgments here.

I am not a lawyer, but I became familiarized with the process by trying to sort out my ex-girlfriend mess of dodged summons and missed court dates.

The pertinent part, reading Bialik’s docket, is that had she paid her debt, it would not have gone to court. But once it did, it took 3 service attempts to finally achieve only substitute service (which means the server finally had to leave the summons with someone at Bialik’s home or workplace, but couldn’t find Bialik).

Once Bialik finally addressed the court, she represented herself (pro se), and filed some motions. Then she withdrew them.

2 weeks later the case went to a default judgment. Meaning she lost by default by either screwing up or just blowing it off. A default judgment means that the case wasn’t even decided on its merits; it was decided due to deficiency on the defendant’s part. Six weeks later, the court then basically called her on the carpet to examine all of her assets.

She has been fighting the judgment ever since, 2 years after the case began.

The case appears to be ongoing.

Bialik appears to have massive money problems, such that she’s in a 2-year court case over $3,500, and/or she’s a deadbeat who finally was caught. That was my ex. the was finally caught over refusing to pay a $66/month homeowner’s association fee for 3 years because she thought she could skate, and she lost her house over it. Involving me in a bunch of legal education I wish I never knew.

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 9:50 PM

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Something inappropriate happened to me when I was 11. I can remember most of what I was wearing that day. I’m 41 now.
I’m just saying.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Cain threatens that. Perry does not. Obama wants to face Romney, he’s been prepping for it. Cain is a threat to the plan. Perry is polling so badly he is no threat.

alwaysfiredup on November 7, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Yep. Kind of funny how all those Michelle Bachmann and her husbands ghey clinic faded away once she tanked in the polls.

Knucklehead on November 7, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Elisa on November 7, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Yeah, go watch some Gennifer Flowers and Paul Jones interviews on youtube. They are all very serious in their demeanor. Nothing like this woman.

I really hope he didn’t do it and I hope tomorrow he launches.

JellyToast on November 7, 2011 at 9:45 PM

exactly. And any other woman I can remember, whether she was lying or not.

Elisa on November 7, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Again, the docket for Sharon Bialik is here.

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 9:51 PM

You really believe that this is all Cain will say in response to this? I guess we’ll see, won’t we?

JannyMae on November 7, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Of course not, this is Cain we are talking about.

He will have several different things to say and we will have several threads trying to figure out what he meant, or what he might have meant and how it sorta makes sense if you close one eye and tilt your head sideways.

sharrukin on November 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM

The muscle on a guy that most impresses me is the one between his ears.
Bobby Jindal is incredibly hawt.
What?

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Bobby Jindal – really?????

I’m more the alpha male girl myself.

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Good points.

Can you remember what you were wearing 14 years ago? To the detail?

I can see if something horrific happened.. but this wasn’t that horrific because she never came forward for 14 years. Now she does and she can remember just what she wore. (lets implant visions of a dress that could have been stained)

Remember.. there was another dress in the news around that time.

JellyToast on November 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I’m just saying.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I’m not saying you don’t remember, and I’m really sorry that some idiot treated you that way.

I’m saying that liars fill in with details in order to sell the lie.

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 9:47 PM

More of this IDIOCY. What has been accused of, other than by this bimbo today, that he can specifically refute? He denied wrongdoing in connection with the settlements, and the settlements themselves apparently reflect that. The women, themselves, don’t want the specific accusations revealed! What on earth could he say that would satisfy you? Nothing, obviously.

I’ve had enough if this. Time may or may not reveal who is telling the truth here. Until then, I’m through arguing with closed minded fools.

JannyMae on November 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM

alwaysfiredup on November 7, 2011 at 9:48 PM

ORconservative on November 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM

“So why are you here?”
“Actually, my boyfriend said I should contact you in hopes of getting a job.”

BS ALERT — Herman scheduled her appointment, upgraded her room and took her to dinner, and she had to explain why she was there?

“I was wearing a black pleated skirt, a suit jacket and a blouse.”

BS ALERT — too much detail to sell the lie.

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Mark Levin mentioned that, as well.

And how she remembers 14 years later that they met at 6:30PM.

Elisa on November 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Can you remember what you were wearing 14 years ago? To the detail?

JellyToast on November 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM

More to what I was saying to alt, it’s not her memory that irks me. It’s the technique of inserting details to sell the lie.

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM

ALT: Serious question. Can you remember the date?

cane_loader: What was the interval between services? I’m guessing once a month?

Unfortunately, I can think of at least one explanation of this. Sure, she may need money, but that is a reason to go after Cain now rather than at the time of the event. That makes her despicable, but does it matter what her character is if the allegations are true?

Scott H on November 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I’m married to a former US Marine. Yeah-he’s short, and fat, and balding…but from 82-86 he WAS a US Marine.
You don’t get more alpha than a US Marine..Seals/Rangers excepted. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM

“So why are you here?”
“Actually, my boyfriend said I should contact you in hopes of getting a job.”

“I was wearing a black pleated skirt, a suit jacket and a blouse.”

BS ALERT — too much detail to sell the lie.

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Gasbag Beckel, the big liberal isn’t even buying this load of crap.

Knucklehead on November 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Bobby Jindal – really?????

I’m more the alpha male girl myself.

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Ah… gophergirl, I knew you would pull through for me. :) I was kinda getting down in the dumps that AllahP the Beta Male was going to get the ladies, while I (the Alpha Male Supreme) was left discarded.

LOL…

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM

And how she remembers 14 years later that they met at 6:30PM.

Elisa on November 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM

That’s why only 4 out of 5 dentists recommend chewing Trident. It’s more believable.

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Scott H on November 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM

No. I was in 6th grade. It was spring…I think.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Bottom line, I am in this with eyes wide open. Cain has to sort this out. But I am not going to dump him over a woman with money trouble, put up there by Gloria Allred, 14 years later. They’re going to have to do better than this if they want to start picking off our candidates one by one so that 0bama runs unopposed in 2012.

Wait until you see what they do to Perry, Romney and Gingrich.

This is deadly serious. As Republicans and independents, I think we’d better stick together for awhile and ask some hard questions about who is trying to take out the GOP field.

Starting with who spilled the beans about the “n—-r rock.”

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM

LOL…

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM

The more alpha the better :)

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM

“So why are you here?”
“Actually, my boyfriend said I should contact you in hopes of getting a job.”

“I was wearing a black pleated skirt, a suit jacket and a blouse.”

BS ALERT — too much detail to sell the lie.

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Stranger things have happened in life, my dear friend.

I have worked as a counselor before – try talking to women. You know? Really talking – not trying to get them into bed. You will be shocked or surprised. Many ladies hesitate to say the things they go through especially with people in positions of power/authority.

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 9:59 PM

You don’t get more alpha than a US Marine..Seals/Rangers excepted. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Military Men :)

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 9:59 PM

For me it all boils down to what WASNT said…and that goes for all the anonymous claims as well. He didnt touch anything but her leg, he didnt force her face into his crotch, he didnt refuse to take her back to the hotel, she actually likes him.. still does, thinks he’s a powerful speaker. It really sounds more like her pimp boyfriend sent her out to try and hustle a job up but it didnt pan out, now 14 YEARS later she sees the eventual payday.
Just sayin….. I really havnt seen any facts one way or the other on any of this, just a bunch of he said she said nonsense. Would I like Cain to come out smoothly and refute everything with cold hard facts? Sure, but refute what? Thats the beauty of all these allegations. We already know hes not a political insider and is playing his own game… as this all shakes out I guess we will just see how that strategy (or lack of) works for him.

Koa on November 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM

The court document hurts her credibility.

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I’m sure you felt the exact same way about Joe the Plumber. Nothing but a deadbeat who should not be taken seriously?

AngusMc on November 7, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Please link to any default judgment against Samuel Wurzelbacher, a.k.a. Joe the Plumber.

I couldn’t find one, but please show me, if I missed it.
Joe told the truth to 0bama.
Bialik is accusing Cain of sexual misconduct.

Please connect the dots for me, Angus.

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Military Men :)

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 9:59 PM
husband’s middle brother(He’s the oldest and married to the ‘baby’ of the adults. go figure) spent 12 years in the USN-most of it as an officer. When ‘Navy’ and ‘Marines’ get together it’s like listening to the Bickersons. I once suggested to them that they needed to get a room and they suggested to me where I could shove my smart-azz comment. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Wait until you see what they do to Perry, Romney and Gingrich.

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I don’t think it is as bad as the Herman Cain circus that has dominated the news for weeks.

Punchenko on November 7, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Next up- a woman from 20 years ago swears Cain tried to give her a hickey in a jitney at Coney Island.

profitsbeard on November 7, 2011 at 10:06 PM

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I’m sorry if my sex life before marriage offends you. However it is not 1835. I never had a debate with you, I just responded to your taking shots at me. I don’t know who you are and I don’t care either. Passing your little test is frankly impossible, you better run for President yourself because no candidate will measure up to your own evident greatness and overflowing Jesusness. Good luck getting those votes!

saus on November 7, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Meh. Stick a fork in me. I’m done with these whack-a-mole allegations. Funny how I predicted that the next mole to pop up would be someone looking for a job.

I’m no longer interested in any more allegations until something pops up that’s verifiable. This is yet another he-said, she-said. And these affidavits don’t prove a thing either.

I’m taking Cain at his word and will continue to support him and Perry. These two still meet my 80+% standard and when primary time comes and both are still in the game, I’ll choose the one with better odds of winning.

AH_C on November 7, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I’m more the alpha male girl myself.

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM

You’re butch??? Who knew?

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Wait until you see what they do to Perry, Romney and Gingrich.

Starting with who spilled the beans about the “n—-r rock.”

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Kinda too late for that.

This is politics we are talking about and in today’s politics, everything is fair game especially for GOP candidates. We saw that with Palin. It does help though if you can handle accusations well especially when there is no there there.

The Cain “scandal” is dragging on not because it is anything special but because he refuses to address it appropriately and has chosen to play the blame game.

Who cares who leaked a story if you cannot address whether the story is true or not?

Notice how Curt Anderson handled the allegation that he was behind the leak? He said “I was not responsible for the leak and I challenge any news media to prove the contrary!” Poof! Allegation gone!

But can you go through Cain’s “response” speech and tell me where he directly tells his accuser that she is lying and challenges her to prove the contrary?

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:15 PM

cane_loader: What was the interval between services? I’m guessing once a month?

Scott H on November 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Yes, about once a month. For several months. That means it was left at her door, most likely, and a notice to call the server, but the process server couldn’t find her.

But I’m not sure you’re seeing my point.

We don’t know if the allegations are true. But we can ook at people’s character. From reading that court docket, it looks to me that very probably, Sharon Bialik is a deadbeat with money problems. In my opinion, and I’ve known more than just my ex-girlfriend, deadbeats have character issues – about truth and responsibility.

So is any evidence that points to Bialik’s attention to responsibility evident of her character, or lack thereof?

If she dodged paying that money, as it looks like to me, then I find her character questionable.

And that’s pretty darn important when you go to take out the GOP front-runner.

That’s the whole reason I’ve spent time on this. We have to gather ALL information about Bialik’s character that we can find.

So far, I’m not impressed with her. She stood up the court for months, then tried to represent herself, then was hit with an ex parte default judgment based upon failure to appear.

That stinks.

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Yep, still do not care. Keep trying though, libs and rhinos are pathetic.

gator70 on November 7, 2011 at 10:20 PM

saus on November 7, 2011 at 10:08 PM

That would be a debate. I did not take any shots at you. I took shots at your argument. I am a philandering sleazeball, so it is OK if our president is one as well. Now, I really could care less about your sex life, but you did bring it up. I disagree with your argument. If anyone in our engagement, since it is not a debate, is taking shots at the other, it is you at me. Particularly when I have not given away private personal information trying to make my case and yet you attack my personal character.

But here is the kicker, all the arguments I make with respect to morality, every single one of them is in the bible, but can be discovered anew by anyone who has never heard of, let alone read the bible through observation of the world around them. You argue that my make believe world would be more scary than what we have, but the empirical evidence of history says otherwise. My world is based on what has already occurred and has been observed and written down.

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 10:20 PM

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Gender has nothing to do with this.

Liars fill in with details in order to sell the lie.

She wouldn’t need to explain why she was there after he agreed to take the appointment and the time to see her.

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Says who?

You, Barack Obama, and Politico.

Isn’t that amazing. You and the leftists agree that Cain is not meeting your capricious and ever-changing standards for what is “good enough”.

Cain has realized that he is dealing with bigots, you included, who will keep moving the line, keep shifting the post, and changing everything possible.

And he’s told you to f*ck yourself.

Perry blew it on policy. You can continue to delude yourself, just like the Huntsman supporters did, but your Perry blew it.

If you could just get past that and realize that allowing the media to destroy a Republican is a bad idea, we wouldn’t be having this problem.

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I can’t be bothered to read beyond you calling me a philandering sleazeball, especially since I am you know, just a normal guy who isn’t married but has sex, like you know.. MOST MEN.

Get a life.

saus on November 7, 2011 at 10:24 PM

You’re butch??? Who knew?

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 10:13 PM

LOL – yeah that didn’t exactly read the way I intended.

Nope – full fledged girly girl here.

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM

He NEVER was going to be the nominee. He’s too inexperienced, and too gaffe prone, and to populist to be anything other than a 15 minute phenomenon.

SauerKraut537 on November 7, 2011 at 8:12 PM

You just aptly described the US presidential candidate B.H. Obama, early in the 2008 presidential election race.

Please insert another coin and try again.

electric-rascal on November 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Lack of details and your not credible, details and your a liar. That sum it up? I dunno what your stance is on a lack of details, so fill me in.

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Get a life.

saus on November 7, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Build a life!

Most men argument makes it morally good. Got ya! hell, you could probably do pretty outstanding using that argument internally and going to the OWS camps. Well, everyone else is raping women here, must be morally good.

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Certified tomboy here.
I’m glad I had a son-because I would’ve SUCKED at parenting a daughter. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Isn’t it entertaining how asteronii works?

Cain is to be sacrificed because he doesn’t meet asteronii’s strict standards of judgment.

None of which asteronii applies to Cain’s accusers, mainly because a) he doesn’t know who the vast majority of them are and b) because it would be wrong to judge another person’s life.

I wish you would be a man, asteronii, and state that Herman Cain is a rapist, as you clearly believe.

If you’re going to smear him, if you’re going to attack him like you’re doing, then man up and say it.

And if you can’t, then you’re nothing more than filth.

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 10:30 PM

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Yup. Then again, he might address it on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. I could see Cain delivering a very presidential-sounding rebuttal against the charges on… Jimmy Kimmel.

Punchenko on November 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Why is the whole “14 years later” meme gaining traction?

I would reasonably assume that this is coming out.. 14 years later.. because 5, 10, or yes 14 years ago, cain wasn’t running for president, and this wasn’t news.

triple on November 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Certified tomboy here.
I’m glad I had a son-because I would’ve SUCKED at parenting a daughter. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I adore sports but love all the girly stuff too :)

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Why is the whole “14 years later” meme gaining traction?

triple on November 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Because the vast majority of people don’t wait fourteen years to report sexual assault, as this woman claims happened, or file a lawsuit when they’re impoverished against a multi-millionaire who sexually assaults them and which they claim to have incontrovertible proof of him doing.

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Punchenko on November 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM

And therein does the bigot reveal the meme.

Regardless of what Cain does, Punchenko the bigot is not going to accept it.

So what Cain has done is realize that Punchenko and the media are bigots and call them out as such.

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Isn’t it entertaining how asteronii works?

Not voting for him. Never actually ever said he should be sacrificed. All I am saying is that if he did do what she says he did, then many of the people here commenting that even if he did do it, there is nothing to the charges is not accurate. Take from that what you will, but it is not sacrificing Cain. It is just being honest.

I am not voting for them. Cain is the person asking for my vote. I am not applying any judgement on Cain at all for the accusation whatsoever. The only judgements Cain gets from me is for his actions answering or not answering the charges. I would tend to think that should be valid to see how a potential president responds under duress?

And if you can’t, then you’re nothing more than filth.

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Maybe you should quote me in context when accusing me of making certain statements that you then extrapolate far out into the galaxy to come up with what you imagine would be a good argument for hurting my community standing. I never once smeared Cain. Here are my current Judgements on the man based on the allegations.

Right now Cain has precisely three strikes coming from this in my book of markers.
1) He did not keep enough distance between him and women. He has a significant weakness, and that is that he refuses to keep himself in places where these sorts of events could never happen and thus could never be charged with them. Somewhat a minor point, but I think the president should conduct himself to the point of being above reproach. Can Cain do that for 4 to 8 years if he could not do it before? I doubt it.
2) His first instinct was to lie about the story. A flat out total denial of it having any basis in fact. It does seem to have basis in fact and he knew it did. That is a lie.
3) With this specific non rebuttal, he has left the door wide open for this accusation to be true, but is trying to use Conservatives as if they are progressives. Conservatives do not allow their leaders to have baggage without penalty. This one is going to be huge. Unless he can convincingly deny this charge, his chance earning my conservative moral vote is absolute 0.

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 10:39 PM

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Haven’t you Cain supporters maxed out your Race Card yet? You’ve been laying it down more often that Jesse Jackson does.

sharrukin on November 7, 2011 at 10:39 PM

As someone who’s helped run a ‘take back the night’ rally, let me tell you the vast majority of sexual assaults don’t get reported AT ALL. EVER.

That said, the vast majority of people don’t have a future presidential candidate sexually harass them.

Letting go and letting your assaulter become president are two -very different things-.

triple on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM

My son wasn’t into sports until this year(was awarded a Varsity letter in Cross Country yesterday as a Senior)but I like snakes and military history and the like. Boy stuff.
*Btw: I lettered in track my senior year. If he joins track in the spring he’ll one-up the momster. Outstanding.*

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 10:26 PM

That’s not what I said, rocket surgeon.

Liars insert unnecessary details in order to sell the story. Notice she talked about what she was wearing right before she told the whopper of the grope.

She met him around 6:30 in the hotel bar. But evidently Herman had no idea why they were meeting, because she didn’t explain herself until midway through dinner.

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

And he’s told you to f*ck yourself.

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Wow! Simply wow!

Ladies and gentlemen, behold a Cainiac in all his glory.

This is the sum total of the arguments you are bound to see on this forum from Cainiacs.

1. They see Cain as not capable of doing any wrong. One Cainiac actually said that he doesn’t care if Cain SH 100 women – he will still vote for him.

2. In the next breath, they lash out at Perry? These same Cainiacs that ask us to overlook any flaw that Cain might have (whether real or assumed) are ready to crucify Perry for… wait for it… calling them heartless, something he has apologized for over and over again.

3. Cainiacs are a very angry bunch now and lashing out at anyone who dares raise questions about their Cain. We are all racists, bigots, and united with leftists to destroy the “one true conservative”.

Wow! I rest my case…

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

You’re butch??? Who knew?

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 10:13 PM

LOL – yeah that didn’t exactly read the way I intended.

Nope – full fledged girly girl here.

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Well, what should I do with all these mind pictures I’ve been making about you? :)

Oh, wait … did I just harass you? Never mind.

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Why is the whole “14 years later” meme gaining traction?

triple on November 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Well, my straight-up response to you is that statutes of limitations are there for very real reasons.

They are necessary because as time goes by, evidence gets harder to find, people’s memories play tricks on them, and witnesses forget important details.

Statutes of limitations, in our legal system, serve an important role in setting limits how long a Sword of Damocles can hang over a person, company, or other entity.

They help ensure a fair trial.

This is why, at root, the 14 years in important. if something is important enough to take legal action, the injured party has a responsibility to fairness and, yes, the accused, to make a decision within a fair time and take action or not.

Otherwise it becomes legal chaos.

This is why I said earlier, I would like to see allegations come forward from WITHIN the statute of limitations, before I draw more conclusions.

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 10:41 PM

What would it take for you to say, “Hmmm, maybe there’s something to this”?

Allahpundit

A credible story, perhaps?

xblade on November 7, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Not voting for him them

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 10:41 PM

astonerii and saus…

get a room!

G. Charles on November 7, 2011 at 10:42 PM

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 10:36 PM

If I want to vote for a politician who plays the race card I’ll vote for a democrat.
You can dislike Cain WITHOUT being a ‘bigot’.
Hard to believe-I know.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 10:43 PM

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

vicious, and appropriate.

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Gloria Allred is a wretched excuse for a human being and if she is leading this, there is a 90% chance Cain’s accuser is on the make and this is a load of BS. I can’t imagine that there exists any lawyer who immediately discredits his client more than this media-obsessed bottom feeder.

inmypajamas on November 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM

What would it take for you to say, “Hmmm, maybe there’s something to this”? What sort of evidence?

Allahpundit on November 7, 2011 at 8:06 PM

A credible story that is physically possible from the front seat of a car that does not conflict with my personal experience. Maybe that is what the problem is, Allred made up a scenario without testing it. But in this case, she claims innocence, not a willing partner, so that just adds to my suspicion that her story is not credible.

And in that regard, I, nor my passenger, would park on the street outside corporate headquarters where someone might recognize him/us.

Texas Gal on November 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM

triple on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Do you enjoy playing the fool? Every thread you’re on ends up with you sounding like a lefty socialist arguing with somebody about procedures and what they mean to you.

Why don’t you let things happen instead of doing what Jugears does? If Cain is dead meat, how the heck is he going to get nominated? And if GOPers are stupid enough to nominate a dead meat candidate, then it’s hopeless and the donkeys have won.

But the GOP doesn’t need you. And judging by the comments on hotair threads, I’m not sure anybody here needs you either. Why don’t you go down to your local coffee stand and hang out?

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 10:46 PM

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

My husband is friends with a personally nice Ronulan.
husband asked Ronulan to name something Ron Paul had done wrong as a pol or if there was anything friend disagreed with Paul on.
Ronulan couldn’t think of ANYTHING.

Cainaics are much the same-as were Palinistas and the few Perry and Santorum cultists out there.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 7, 2011 at 10:47 PM

annoyinglittletwerp, I would believe that most of the rabid Cain haters aren’t bigots, but Punchenko would be an exception.

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 10:47 PM

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 10:46 PM

When you see your enemy ally destroying himself, do not intercede.

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Get a life.

saus on November 7, 2011 at 10:24 PM

The Adults Are In Charge.

Del Dolemonte on November 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Liveliplouie calls out the double standards.

Yakko77 on November 7, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Wait until you see what they do to Perry, Romney and Gingrich.

Starting with who spilled the beans about the “n—-r rock.”

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM

This is how Obama has always operated: don’t worry about opponents- just clear the field.

parteagirl on November 7, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Something stinks here. We have not even come close to getting to the bottom of this “story.”
JannyMae on November 7, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Skankgate questions more questions

Bialek says she was fired from the National Restaurant Association. We are not told the circumstances of her firing.
Bialek says she did not know Herman Cain very well, that Cain had no knowledge of her firing. She was a low-level employee in the Chicago office.

The NRA has about 300 employees. Cain, the President of the NRA, was headquartered in the Washington, DC office.
So there wasn’t much reason for these two to cross paths on a regular basis.

After her firing (we don’t know for what), Bialek says she phoned Herman Cain to ask if there might be another position she could have in another division of the NRA.

QUESTION: Why would a low level NRA employee in Chicago think she could call the President of the NRA in Washington, DC?

Employees at her level are usually hired through Human Resources, not by the President of the entire Association.

For some reason, Bialek felt she knew Cain well enough just to give him a call and ask for another job.

That, by itself, is plenty strange.

She says she met Cain because they found themselves sitting next to each other at an Association event where Cain was the speaker. She said she told Cain how bowled over by his speech she was and asked him when he’s going to run for President.
Hmmm. Run for President? Back in 1997?

So after she was fired, she says she phone Cain at his office in Washington, DC.

Surely, Cain had nothing better to do than take this call from this recently fired low-level employee in the Chicago office.
She wanted Cain to find her a job.

QUESTIONS: Is there a record of this visit at the hotel? Are their receipts? Presumably, the hotel would have a record of this upgrade? Whose credit card was used to pay for this upgrade? What was the date of this hotel stay?

No evidence of this hotel stay, this upgrade, or even this trip was presented at this press conference. Why not?

Is there a plane ticket she can show? Anything that proves she was actually in Washington, DC, staying at this hotel at that time?
We aren’t even given a date of when this trip to DC is supposed to have occurred.
We’re told sometime in 1997.

DSchoen on November 7, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Wow! I rest my case…

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

What have you done with sesquipedalian?

Del Dolemonte on November 7, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Texas Gal on November 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Come on, Texas Gal… try a little harder the next time you are in the front seat of a car with the lucky gentleman.

It’s not that difficult, you know, when hormones are running like crazy… LOL…

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Has anyone watched the video of Bialek’s statement? Not AllRed’s spin; Bialek’s own words.
I watched all 7:47 of the video (at GatewayPundit, maybe others).
The first 4:10 or so of Bialek’s statement consits of a recitation of things that might very likely be completely true … but they accuse Herman Cain of nothing.
But there are 2 additional things of interest in these words:
1) The rather detailed description of who sat next to whom, what Bialek was wearing, what Cain was wearing, etc.
Is it reasonable to believe that she remembers all of these details after 14 years? Maybe. They might be exactly true. But if not, it seems unlikely that anyone would dispute her claims; who would bother to remember such details about other people who were likely business aquaintences at best?
But these essentially unassailable details give her a great deal of credibility.
2) Bialek’s references to her boyfriend … why?
She mentions that she loses her job at the NRA, and is unemployed … what is he doing? She says he eventually suggests that she go see Cain about getting a job … was he not supporting her? Was he working? Why go back to her old job; there are likely others that pay as well?
What is her boyfriend’s involvement, then and now?

Back to the trail, at about 4:10 we start hearing about The Incident.
She and Cain get into (his?) car … she says he makes a move, she rebuffs him … she does not mention anyone else getting into the car, nor does she say that there were any external witneses. They drive away … End of story, no further claims.
But her claim is exactly a she-said-he-said. She effectively says there are no witnesses.
Bialek’s detailed descriptions of preceeding events give her a great deal of credibility, otherwise she has nothing.
Cain is stuck. If Cain agrees with all of her first 4 minutes, then the jump to her words about his action in the car being true is easy. If Cain simply denies any impropriety, and avoids the specifics, then he still looks bad.
Fortunately, Bialek hired Gloria AllRed. I feel the coming of the dawn …

Arbalest on November 7, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Del Dolemonte on November 7, 2011 at 10:51 PM

You are taking your duties as hall monitor quite seriously, I see. Pretty sad how many screw ups there are around here.

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Dude she’s been paid to say this sh!t

blatantblue on November 7, 2011 at 10:56 PM

But of course, you don’t care whether he did it or not; you just want him destroyed. You’re a bigot.

So you support people attempting to destroy a man’s reputation and life and harm his family using anonymous accusations.

Moreover, you support and endorse making these slanderous accusations and insist that the mere fact that they were made proves Cain’s guilt.

Quote:

You are blaming Cain for every single accusation ever being made against him and claiming everything is absolutely his fault.

You are truly a disgusting bigot.

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Oh, wait … did I just harass you? Never mind.

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

LOL LOL LOL

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Man, I love what the 24/7 news cycle has done to the GOP, and politics in general. It has driven everyone to be hyper critical and hyper defensive.

CrankyTRex on November 7, 2011 at 10:59 PM

LOL LOL LOL

gophergirl on November 7, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I’m certainly pleased that we could put some levity in what is otherwise a chainsaw massacre thread.

I sure hope Herman stays running just to annoy the nasty people.

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 11:00 PM

It’s not that difficult, you know, when hormones are running like crazy… LOL…

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I have been and that’s my point. We were both participants. The passenger has to be turned towards the driver for her description to work.

In this scenario, Cain was the aggressor and she was the innocent victim. Go sit in the front seat of a car with a friend and work thru her description of what happened.

Texas Gal on November 7, 2011 at 11:01 PM

CrankyTRex on November 7, 2011 at 10:59 PM

You forgot hyper stupid. This is the GOP we’re talking about.

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 11:01 PM

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM

How typical. A Perry supporter can’t point to facts and instead has to make up strawmen.

Meanwhile, you might note that there is a difference between “racist” and “bigot”. Although, I would admit, the difference is rather blurred in your case; you are bigoted against Herman Cain because you are a racist.

Asteronii is a good example of what I would call an anti-Cain bigot. He makes unreasonable, hypocritical, and contradictory demands of Cain, but it seems to be out of some type of misguided religious fervor, rather than Cain’s skin color.

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 11:01 PM

CrankyTRex on November 7, 2011 at 10:59 PM

+ 1

nswider on November 7, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Arbalest on November 7, 2011 at 10:55 PM

In addition to all you cite, she’s also been actively dodging creditors throughout the court system. Despite professing to have a real work address a solid collections lawfirm has been unable to get personal service on her up to as recently as a month and a half ago at which time they suddenly stopped their efforts although there is no indication the judgment was satisfied. Curious.

tommyboy on November 7, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Texas Gal on November 7, 2011 at 11:01 PM

And don’t let the neighbors see you practicing.

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Del Dolemonte on November 7, 2011 at 10:51 PM

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 10:55 PM

sesquipedalian goes back to Captains’ Quarters.

Del Dolemonte on November 7, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Ohhh she just told a relative for the first time about it a cpl days ago.

How convenient

blatantblue on November 7, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Wait until you see what they do to Perry, Romney and Gingrich.

Starting with who spilled the beans about the “n—-r rock.”

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Couldn’t agree with you more.

At first, I thought this was really bad for Cain and it still can be.

But geez, after listening to what she said, the timing, and some many other things, somehow, I think we are getting played.

Mark Levin raises a LOT of excellent concerns and I have some as well.

If Newt rises any more, I’m sure they will have a video of him punching a kitten in the face or something.

This is garbage. Stinks to high heaven. A lot of holes in this story by her.

MikeM on November 7, 2011 at 11:07 PM

And don’t let the neighbors see you practicing.

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Yes, that was my other point.

We sure wouldn’t be parked on the street outside corporate headquarters where we might be recognized or a chance of being arrested.

Texas Gal on November 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM

sharrukin on November 7, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I am and I have never played the race card.

It is because he is or near a front runner. Liberals hate him more because he is a black conservative.

Cheers!

MikeM on November 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Your a far more credible bigot than I ever will be, and I am sure you have much maturing in this endeavor. Your bigoted accusations against me show as such. I have stated quite clearly that I care about if he did it or not. But at this time we have limited information, and the information we have is how he is handling the accusations. Maybe you should reread what you quoted and reevaluate what you got from it.

You are truly a disgusting bigot.

northdallasthirty on November 7, 2011 at 10:57 PM

What a nasty human being you are. Throwing a word around that you obviously refuse to educate yourself on the meaning of.

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 11:11 PM

You forgot hyper stupid. This is the GOP we’re talking about.

platypus on November 7, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I stand corrected. :-)

But in all seriousness, I think a conscious decision has to be made to start slowing things down. If for no other reason than to give people time to do their due diligence. Had we had the time for people to realize that this was an E-blast of an article from yesterday, this post wouldn’t exist because it wouldn’t even be news.

CrankyTRex on November 7, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Texas Gal on November 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM

This is exactly what’s wrong with her story. If Cain were going to try to hit on her, he wouldn’t have chosen that location or, for that matter, in a car where they could easily be seen. Defies common sense. Also, according to her story, all of a sudden and out of the blue he just reaches over and puts his hand underneath her dress and with his other hand forces her head down to his crotch. That, too, defies common sense, unless there was a little suggestive talking beforehand and his zipper was undone where forcing her down would have moment.

Now, I could buy that a little mutual something went on at first but she got cold feet at the last minute, been there, but her story of what would amount to an assault in a public place outside his place of employment is a bridge too far.

But waiting 14 years to report the alleged incident, while tethered to an ambulance-chasing, media whore of the likes of Gloria Allred, tells the whole story. This woman is being paid by somebody, no doubt about it.

TXUS on November 7, 2011 at 11:22 PM

TXUS on November 7, 2011 at 11:22 PM

On that note, she said Cain upgraded her hotel to a luxury suite right? If he was thinking about putting the moves on her, why wouldn’t he go back there with her? Why go out in public in a car on a street? Is Herman Cain an exhibitionist?

CrankyTRex on November 7, 2011 at 11:26 PM