First woman goes public with harassment claim against Cain; Update: “Very similar,” says other accuser’s lawyer

posted at 2:30 pm on November 7, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

A week after Politico published vague, second-hand accounts of possible sexual harassment by Herman Cain during his tenure at the National Restaurant Association, one woman has gone on the record with specific allegations from fourteen years ago.  Sharon Bialek, described by her representative Gloria Allred as a single mom, says that Cain groped her — but backed off after she told him to stop:

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

A fourth woman said Monday that presidential candidate Herman Cain engaged in sexually inappropriate behavior with her more than decade ago, though Cain was not her supervisor at the time.

Sharon Bialek, the first woman to publicly accuse Cain of inappropriate behavior, said Cain was “sexually inappropriate” with her in 1997, saying he put his hand under her skirt and pushed her head toward his crotch after a dinner together. She said he backed away after she asked him to stop.

“I want you to come clean, Mr. Cain,” she said in a New York City press conference at the Friars Club with her attorney, Gloria Allred at her side. Allred is known for her media savvy and for representing women who have had legal issues with the rich and powerful.

Three other women have reportedly accused Cain of inappropriate behavior while he was running the National Restaurant Association, but none has made public charges against him.

Mediaite has the video of her statement and a transcript of the specific allegation:

At that time I had on a black pleated skirt, a suit jacket and a blouse. He had on a suit with his shirt open. But instead of going into the offices, he suddenly reached over and he put his hand on my leg under my skirt and reached for my genitals. He also grabbed my head and brought it towards his crotch. I was very, very surprised and very shocked. I said, “What are you doing? You know I have a boyfriend. This isn’t what I came here for.”

Mr. Cain said, ‘You want a job, right?’ I asked him to stop, and he did. I asked him to take me back to my hotel, which he did right away.

Cain immediately issued a statement regarding the charges:

Just as the country finally begins to refocus on our crippling $15 trillion national debt and the unacceptably high unemployment rate, now activist celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred is bringing forth more false accusations against the character of Republican front-runner Herman Cain.

All allegations of harassment against Mr. Cain are completely false. Mr. Cain has never harassed anyone. Fortunately the American people will not allow Mr. Cain’s bold “9-9-9 Plan”, clear foreign policy vision and plans for energy independence to be overshadowed by these bogus attacks.

I’d call that a complete denial, but having someone go on the record will make it more difficult for Cain to ignore the story, as he had planned to do with last week’s allegations.  Despite Allred’s stupid comment about calling the incident Cain’s “idea of a stimulus package,” the fact that someone is willing to go on record and give specifics on a charge will make this seem a lot more credible than last week’s vague reporting from Politico.  Making that more difficult is the statement from Bialek and Allred that the purported victim is a Tea Party Republican, which might indicate less of a credibility issue than otherwise.

Update (Tina): A few more thoughts on this. At this point, it really is just her word (and the “word” of three anonymous accusers) against his — but her appearance of relative credibility will give the edge to hers. As The Anchoress pointed out, the MSM will attempt to force Cain to prove he didn’t do what Bialek said he did — when the burden of proof should be on Bialek to prove he did. Unless he goes to the extreme of suing Bialek and maybe not even then, Cain won’t be able to do that. Polls might show that voters have heretofore been unconcerned by the accusations, but the story won’t disappear now.

It’s in the GOP’s best interest, however, to return the public discussion to more important matters like the debt and unemployment. Because that will be difficult to do as long as Cain remains in the race, that’s a reason from a we-want-to-beat-Obama-standpoint for Republicans to want him out of the race (well, that, and a few policy-related reasons). Up to now, what he brought to the race outweighed what this story has taken from it. I’m not so sure now.

Still, character assassination shouldn’t be this easy. What’s to stop women from falsely accusing any candidate they want out of the race? This is an extremely frustrating case because even now, with on-the-record testimony and sworn statements, it’s plausible to think Cain never committed any of the indiscretions of which he’s been accused.

Update (Allahpundit): Corroboration? Depends on whether you trust Joel Bennett:

In an interview after Ms. Bialek’s news conference, Joel P. Bennett, a lawyer for one of Mr. Cain’s anonymous accusers, said that Ms. Bialek’s claims were “very similar” in nature to the incident that occurred between his client and Mr. Cain…

“It corroborates the claim,” Mr. Bennett said of Ms. Bialek’s allegation. Asked whether that meant that Mr. Cain had physically touched his client inappropriately, Mr. Bennett said “I can’t get more specific” but added that “I can say it is corroborating.”

Mr. Bennett also said that a woman named Sharon from Chicago left a message on his answering machine over the weekend saying that she, too, had been the subject of harassment at the hands of Mr. Cain. Mr. Bennett said he called her back to suggest that he could arrange for her to come forward confidentially, but that she said that she would think about it.

Update (Allahpundit): Cain’s odds on InTrade this morning were 6.4 percent. As of 3:15 this afternoon, they’re 2.4 percent. That’s a 64.5 percent drop.

Update (Ed): The National Restaurant Association confirms that Bialek worked for their educational foundation for six months, from December 1996 to June 1997, about the same time frame that Bialek gave in her statement. I doubt they will have much more to say about Bialek’s claim than this.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 10 11 12

Jaibones on November 7, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I guess what really bugs me is the timing and credulity given to this because it is a conservative involved. The double standard just grates on me. I’m going to take a wait and see attitude but I seen no reason to buy everything being presented to me at this point.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Companies get stuck paying out money all the time to make unfounded things go away.It often costs less and avoids smear jobs.

CW on November 7, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Voter from WA State on November 7, 2011 at 8:52 PM

You don’t think there is a difference between this and the blue dress?

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Madison Conservative, did you defend Clinton against the women who made charges against him? The only case was that proven was Lewinski case . . . but that was years after the other incidents in Arkansas. If you are defending Cain so much now, I would assume you also defended Clinton.

Voter from WA State on November 7, 2011 at 8:52 PM

A. I was in high school when the Clinton thing was going on.
B. I am not defending Cain as being innocent. I am defending him against the false claims some have made that he’s been inconsistent, because he hasn’t. He may be guilty as hell, but he has not contradicted himself.

MadisonConservative on November 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM

That video makes me real uncomfortable with her.

Yep she is real upset and bent on destroying the man who groped her. Sure.

CW on November 7, 2011 at 8:00 PM

She is a bad actress, we know she was lying when she said she really didn’t want to be there, she’s a propagandist, and she is working with Gloria Allred. How much worse could it look for her at this point?

Whatever Cain is or isn’t guilty of, she’s shown us that she’s not completely credible, and that she’s not very smart.

She was nervous. And who wouldn’t be, knowing that you and thousands of others are lurking in the bushes ready to stalk and slander her? That explains any quirks in her presentation.

HTL on November 7, 2011 at 8:08 PM

LOL such certitude! OK God, you tell us how her mind works, and we’ll take you at your word, even though your excuse for her behavior defies common sense.

Her laughter while saying she didn’t want to be there wasn’t a simple quirk, it was a dead giveaway that she was lying while she was making that statement. I guess you don’t know that non-verbal communication>verbal communication?

Bizarro No. 1 on November 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Let me understand this…She has all these sexual advances toward her which included sexual assault but at the time does not tell her boyfriend, friends, co-workers family or the police about the incident? This doesnt pass the smell test just another Gloria scandal looking for a payoff unfortunately for Gloria the staute of limitaions has long passed so she must be getting paid from the DNC.BY LLOYD C on 11/07/2011 at 14:57

The “story” stinks to me too.

Rovin on November 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Cain may be guilty and he may be innocent. Until more proof comes out, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
What’s sickening are the so-called Conservatives and Republicans who seem to get an almost sexual thrill out of bashing Cain and those that support him. A few of them are on this thread as they are on almost all the Cain threads. All I can say is such people deserve 4 more years of obama.

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 9:09 PM

MadisonConservative on November 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Check that – when the initial Gennifer Flowers allegations came out, I was in grade school.

MadisonConservative on November 7, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Voter from WA State, you do understand people lie for reasons of monetary gain, right? It’s possible all three (the woman and two men) are lying because they will get some kind of payoff. Yes they could be telling the truth, but you seem awfully certain despite it being little more than an accusation.

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 9:18 PM

MadisonConservative on November 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Of course Cain has been pretty careful NOT to deny anything his accusers have been saying.

Women Nos. 1-3 (anonymous) make accusations:

- Cain blames the Perry campaign and Rahm Emmanuel.

Ms. Bialek steps forward with an accusation:

- Cain blames the media and says he will not play by the “rules”.

How difficult is it to issue a direct denial to the accuser(s) and challenge them to prove the contrary?

Is he afraid he will be the next Gary Hart?

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Voter from WA also needs to remember that some lie for the sake of lying – for example, how many times have we heard people pleading guilty for crimes they know they didn’t commit?

Many people are just plain weird, and irrational, and will lie for any reason imaginable.

Bizarro No. 1 on November 7, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I meant to have this for my first paragraph in my last post: Voter from WA also needs to remember that some lie for the sake of lying. How many times have we heard people pleading guilty for crimes they know they didn’t commit?

Bizarro No. 1 on November 7, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Voter from WA State on November 7, 2011 at 9:13 PM

First, we don’t know that she has nothing to gain, time will tell. Plus I find it interesting that one of those two gentleman was suppose to be her boyfriend at the time and he didn’t feel the urge to give Mr. Cain a piece of his mind, an event both gentlemen would probably remember.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 9:26 PM

14 years too late toots.

profitsbeard on November 7, 2011 at 9:29 PM

TheRightMan on November 7, 2011 at 9:23 PM

He said he never sexually harassed anyone. That’s as direct a denial as you can get, given that the original accusers STILL have not revealed their identities.

Well, I am telling you that this is not much different than it was then.

Voter from WA State on November 7, 2011 at 9:16 PM

What’s your point? This is not then, and Herman Cain is not Bill Clinton. If it were 15 years ago, I’d give you my opinion. It’s not. Trying to discredit me by claiming an opinion I’ve never given during a time when I wasn’t nearly smart enough to comment upon it is pretty lame.

MadisonConservative on November 7, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Okay . . . I just thought I would bring some reality to this discussion. You want to believe that these women are lying. Go for it. I am backing out of this conversation.

Voter from WA State on November 7, 2011 at 9:29 PM

You want to believe their claims without any evidence, go for it. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

MadisonConservative on November 7, 2011 at 9:31 PM

profitsbeard on November 7, 2011 at 9:29 PM

But she will look really really good on the Today Show tomorrow.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Right from the pages of “To Kill a Mockingbird”.

JayJay123 on November 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Sorry, but it just doesn’t make sense to me. Why would she cook up a lie 14 years ago? She wasn’t one of the women who made a settlement with the NRA. She had nothing to gain from it.

Voter from WA State on November 7, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Do we know what’s in the affidavits? Allred refused to release them at the press conference. It depends on what they say exactly, and whether the statements hold up on cross-examination. Just because a lawyer says she has affidavits supporting her case doesn’t mean they necessarily do support her case. In fact, I thought Bialek said she didn’t tell her boyfriend any details. Anyway, I’d want to read the affidavits before making any judgment regarding them, and hear actual testimony from the witnesses.

mbs on November 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Soon to be a bumper sticker (as seen on Kos):

CAIN 2012
You Want A Job, Right?

chumpThreads on November 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM

chumpThreads on November 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM

That’s kind of creative.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Two reasons why this has to be a crock:
1) Gloria
2) Allred

Dopenstrange on November 7, 2011 at 9:42 PM

This story has more legs to it.

Voter from WA State on November 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Voter from WA State on November 7, 2011 at 9:29 PM

“legs”? How do you what this story has? And, you believe you are bringing reality to this discussion? Gee, what ever would we do if you hadn’t done that?

Interesting that you’d make the charge that “we” want to believe these women are lying, isn’t it? Not all of who are standing by Cain at this point in time want to believe anything in particular – we just want some facts. Who would have a problem with that besides people who want Cain to guilty of the charges?

Bizarro No. 1 on November 7, 2011 at 9:44 PM

The MSM is a genius. If they can sucker so many so-called conservatives, they’ll soon have the bulk of the electorate.

F**k it. Our system is toast. Don’t you neanderthals dare try to break the establishment by nominating a conservative, or we’ll destroy them.

MadisonConservative on November 7, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Umm voter, those men CLAIM she told them 14 years ago. It doesn’t mean she did. As I know you know it’s not always simple to prove deliberate dishonesty.
Yes it isn’t pleasant to go thru, but I’bve witnessed women lying about harrassment several times for various reasons. Oh, and they all got away with it.

Here is an angle you seem to want to ignore. Perhaps she had designs on him and it didn’t pan out and this is her revenge. Little FYI, her “then boyfriend” brok up with her around the time she claims this happened according to him. Not to mention, who meets someone they want to help them get a job in a bar and then goes to dinner with them?

Little more info on her.

“In 1999, Bialek’s son Nicholas was born and a paternity lawsuit was filed by the father, a media executive.”

According to Bialik’s timeline, she may have been rather advanced in her pregnancy when she met Cain. If so, you are saying that Cain tried to force a very pregnant woman to fool around with him.

Sorry, but you seem to REALLY want this to have legs. I will wait for proof which I’d think someone in the legal profession would understand. That is unless you are a supporter of someone else and want to see Cain fall to advance your candidate.

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Her and her boyfriend had met Cain previously and gotten along.

sharrukin

She and her boyfriend had met Cain before, and broke away from the group so the three of them could party alone.

She obviously related the incident to these two men 14 years ago.

What’s obvious about it? Heck, according to her, she didn’t even relay the incident to them when she allegedly relayed the incident to them.

Why would she lie about it then?

You’re assuming she’s being honest now when she says she told them about it then.

As for why she would lie then…well, here’s a thought….maybe because something DID happen that she consented to. For some reason, her boyfriend may have gotten suspicious, or maybe she felt guilty and he sensed something was wrong, but instead of coming clean, she made up this story. It wouldn’t be the first time something like that has happened.

And why would these two men risk 5 years in prison for lying under the penalty of perjury if this woman did not relate the incident to them?

Why would a college football coach molest children during football sponsored activities where anyone could walk in on them? Why does anyone do anything that can put them in prison?

xblade on November 7, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Voter from WA State

Oh that’s cute. Because we dare to disagree with you, we are detached from reality. Let me guess, you support another candidate.
Tell you what, prove what you claim or you’re just another partisan FOS.

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM

She looks so dignified and believable.

/s

profitsbeard on November 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I find your belief in the persistence of chivalry to be charming. However, would that sort of behavior really be acceptable in the modern business environment? There is such a thing as career suicide, but if the boyfriend had gotten in Cain’s face at that moment I think it would have been more accurately described as career homicide.

HTL on November 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM

TheRightMan

Considering he’s denied it multiple times, apparently it’s not that difficult at all. The difficult part is getting folks like you to actually pay attention.

xblade on November 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM

xblade, TRM is one of the people who seem to really enjoy what is happening to Cain. His dislike of Cain and Cain’s supporters is utterly irrational and fairly rabid. Goes to show that some people are seriously F’d up even on our side of the aisle.

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Well all know this is done.

Next chick?

next trick?

this is just we need.. some time for Cain in the forge .. to get tempered for the real fight!

Really .. does that look like a man who would put his hand up into a woman?

baseless and creepy leftist tactics..

good night

amend2 on November 7, 2011 at 10:04 PM

HTL on November 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM

I don’t believe that the boyfriend was in D.C. so I was thinking phone call, not a face to face confrontation. And I would think that her declining Mr. Cain’s “job” offer was already career homicide. I think it is interesting that people have no problem believing that Mr. Cain is a habitual offender but the all the people who had the power to put an end to the behavior get a pass. Or money.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 10:07 PM

HTL on November 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM

What behavior? Cindy said- give him a piece of his mind not stab him.
What would you do HTL?

bazil9 on November 7, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I’m wondering what Gloria had to say about all the Clinton accusations?

JellyToast on November 7, 2011 at 10:14 PM

HTL on November 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM

I find that your tendency to make excuses for this woman brings to mind the spinelessness Huntsman showed us during the debate in which he said it’s not realistic for us to stand up to China economically.

This woman should not be taken seriously until she can provide some trustworthy evidence that she’s telling the truth. From what I’ve seen of her so far, her batting average is under the Mendoza Line…

Bizarro No. 1 on November 7, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Maybe Cain is innocent maybe he isn’t. Those saying he is guilty seem to be desperately wishing it to be true.

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 10:18 PM

But so far it’s entirely hearsay.

gh on November 7, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I think this word does not mean what you think it means. There is:

1) A settlement by his employer in favor of one of his accusers;
2) Multiple accusers with nearly identical accusations;
3) An accuser who is standing in front of 1,000 cameras making her accusation with a very serious expression on her face and a lawyer.

Or are you one of the Cain supporters who would have us believe that all guys are accused of sexual harassment and without audio and video of the harassment the charges are “hearsay”?

Come on.

Jaibones on November 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM

The hair style doesn’t help but something about this woman comes across as looney tune to me.

iceman1960 on November 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM

perhaps I’m different but I sure wouldn’t be asking a guy who had stuck his hand up my skirt to give me a ride back to my hotel. I think that’s why they have taxis.

katablog.com on November 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 10:03 PM

They truly are mentally ill – there is no other good explanation for their insistence on dwelling upon the negative the way they do.

I admittedly can’t stand Rick Perry, and believe that he is a less-than-good person, but I’m aware I have far better things to do with my time than to not only not obsess over my dislike of him, but to not let it creep into my conciousness much at all – the people you are referring to don’t have this awareness.

Bizarro No. 1 on November 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Those saying he is guilty seem to be desperately wishing it to be true.

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Speaking only for me — I have no dog in this fight. I am completely ambivalent on Cain’s candidacy and his career at the Restaurant Association. I am not desperate to accuse Herman Cain of sexual impropriety or harassment.

Jaibones on November 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Hard Right on November 7, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I have felt that way reading different sites this last week or so. I am not a Cain supporter but have tried to stay objective and fair.

I am most likely voting for Newt in the Flor-Duh primary.

My posts tonight might indicate I lean to Cain, just giving him a fair shake.

bazil9 on November 7, 2011 at 10:30 PM

katablog.com on November 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Several of us have agreed you throughout the thread.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Fair enough; we should all be so patient. And to be clear — the double standard makes me insane. By the Cain standard, Clinton would have been imprisoned for his various sexual assaults and rapes.

Jaibones on November 7, 2011 at 10:34 PM

“I think this word does not mean what you think it means. There is:

1) A settlement by his employer in favor of one of his accusers;
2) Multiple accusers with nearly identical accusations;

Come on.

Jaibones on November 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM”

1. Settlement is cheaper than litigation so many just pay off the accusers so they go away.

2. Please state the accusers identical accusations in detail for us since none other that B and Gloria were the only story I heard, one that didn’t sound like it had all the details if it is true at all.

3. Serious as in she just got her hair done and was laughing in the background while reliving the vile horror she claims to have suffered with Gloria Allred running her yap.

It isn’t the truth simply because you wish it to be so, that is how liberals think!

Africanus on November 7, 2011 at 10:39 PM

From another thread, but I’d like y’all to see it:

Why is the whole “14 years later” meme gaining traction?

I would reasonably assume that this is coming out.. 14 years later.. because 5, 10, or yes 14 years ago, cain wasn’t running for president, and this wasn’t news.

triple on November 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM

——————————————-

Well, my straight-up response to you is that statutes of limitations are there for very real reasons.

They are necessary because as time goes by, evidence gets harder to find, people’s memories play tricks on them, and witnesses forget important details.

Statutes of limitations, in our legal system, serve an important role in setting limits how long a Sword of Damocles can hang over a person, company, or other entity.

They help ensure a fair trial.

This is why, at root, the 14 years in important. if something is important enough to take legal action, the injured party has a responsibility to fairness and, yes, the accused, to make a decision within a fair time and take action or not.

Otherwise it becomes legal chaos.

This is why I said earlier, I would like to see allegations come forward from WITHIN the statute of limitations, before I draw more conclusions.

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 10:41 PM

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I think this word does not mean what you think it means. There is:

1) A settlement by his employer in favor of one of his accusers;

Except that we don’t know what those accusations were, and there was no admission of wrongdoing involved in the settlement.

2) Multiple accusers with nearly identical accusations;

Except that we don’t know what those accusations were, and we have only a lawyer’s word that this “sounds very similar” to the other accusations, which were supposedly “not overtly sexual.” Nothing inconsistent there, eh?

With a very serious expression on her face? LMAO!!!

Come on.

Jaibones on November 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I’m not a Cain supporter. Your “case” against him is very weak, unless, of course, you clearly WANT to MISinterpret known facts in the way that you just did.

JannyMae on November 7, 2011 at 10:47 PM

cane_loader on November 7, 2011 at 10:42 PM

It’s the seriousness of the accusation.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Rio Linda is missing their idiot

JetBlast on November 7, 2011 at 10:54 PM

And the $64,000 question is….if all this BS is really true, why would someone smart enough to gain the success he has and then run for President, not consider that his “alleged” behavior would come to light? Why in God’s name would he put himself out there for this kind of smear? Well, HE WOULDN’T!

These demented women are tools, “useful idiots”, and/or goldiggers!

hopefloats on November 7, 2011 at 10:56 PM

And so is Gloria Allrot!

hopefloats on November 7, 2011 at 10:57 PM

These demented women are tools, “useful idiots”, and/or goldiggers!

hopefloats on November 7, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Why would someone smart enough to be elected president not consider that his “alleged” behavior would come to light? Why in God’s name would he put himself out there for this kind of smear? Well, HE WOULDN’T!

Bill Clinton is innocent!

sharrukin on November 7, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I found her believable, and Cain has reversed himself so often, to the point of incoherence and absurdity, that I don’t trust him any longer. I still would pull the lever for him over obama, of course, but I can’t get behind his candidacy.

paul1149 on November 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM

At that time I had on a black pleated skirt

14 years ago and this detail is still recalled? OK, perhaps she wrote it down so she would not forget that fact. And then what, she clung to that piece of paper for 14 years? Really? Why would you keep that if you never did anything with the information? I am not in Cain’s camp by any stretch but boy is this not passing the sniff test for me.

roy_batty on November 7, 2011 at 11:35 PM

He hit on a grown woman, stopped when she said stop, and gave her a ride back to her hotel (obviously she felt very threatened to still ride with him) immediately?

Um, am I supposed to really care about this drivel??

KMC1 on November 7, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Sorry, this doesn’t change my opinion on Herman Cain.

He lost me when he proposed a national sales tax.

flataffect on November 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Dipsy and disjointed.

Why was she ‘let go’ anyway?

My boyfriend….my boyfriend…over and over again.

Creepy!

Sherman1864 on November 8, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Gloria Allred certainly adds gravitas and credibility to the story. Sharon Bialek could not have chosen a more appropriate representative. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of her stylist.

Kenosha Kid on November 8, 2011 at 2:01 AM

You’d think a feminist stalwart and attorney like Allred would have more important things to go on crusade for these days, like representing all the rape and sexual assault victims of the “Occupy” movement…if you didn’t know that pig for what she really is, of course.

SuperCool on November 8, 2011 at 4:24 AM

Lets see if I get this. She claims that she had a boyfriend, but, went on a date with Cain anyway. When asked to stop he did. When asked to be taken home he did.
These allegations read more like a case of attempted adultery, than they do harassment. Guys, next ime we go on a date we’re screwed.
Had this been Clinton, he’d have taken it* out. Kennedy would have left her in the car.

*Seinfeld reference.

kregg on November 8, 2011 at 6:31 AM

Now, tell me again why we should believe this lefties shill? Allred is an experienced dumpster diver and has outdone herself with this puddle of slime.

rplat on November 8, 2011 at 8:15 AM

I saw this woman on TV, all bouncy and bubbly yesterday in front of the cameras and excited about her upcoming talk show tour. Of course, in her press confernece she was different. She supposedly held on to this event for 15 years, going over and over it again and again in her mind. So if she replayed it in her mind so many times, why did she have to read the details from off a card? And if she has been living with this torturing her all this time, why come out only NOW when Cain is running for President? And she’s from CHICAGO?! WHAT are the ODDS of THAT?! Thwe fact that Obama and the Liberals are so quickly turning to ‘the politics of personal destruction’ and negative campaigning tells me everything I need to know. Obama can’t run on his record. He even campaigned in 2008 by saying that if he had not turned the economy and unemployment around in his 1st term that he should not be re-elected. In saying so, he has already provided the GOP with their 1st and quite possibly best campaign ad. For ‘Foreign Policy’, the GOP could play the tape of the conversation between Sarkozy and Obama when they didn’t realize their microphones were still on. Bottom line – Obama has nothing positive regarding himself, his administration, or job performance he can run on; so, he HAS to go negative…already…a year out from the election. Personally, anyone who starts off attacking their opponent instead of telling me what THEY can do (for me) causes me to ignore whatever they have to say. All these ‘anonymous’ accusations, even this one ‘from Chicago’, just smacks of negative poitics!

easyt65 on November 8, 2011 at 8:44 AM

My guess is that Bialek tried to pimp herself out to Cain for employment favors, and when he rebuffed her, she saw an opportunity to get her digs in and get some publicity at the same time. A reluctant accuser doesn’t giggle like a school girl as she gleefully trashes someone’s reputation, flanked by Allred, whose track record is less than stellar. Catch the story of Bialek’s friendly hug and tete a tete with Cain at a Tea Party event recently. Follow the money trail, and I’m sure you’ll find her backers hanging out at the pot of gold.

College Prof on November 8, 2011 at 9:11 AM

CAIN 2012
You Want A Job, Right?

chumpThreads on November 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Priceless!!!

RedLizard64 on November 8, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Witness: Cain accuser hugged him during Tea Party meeting a month ago:
The Cain Encounter …

They hugged each other backstage in a full embrace like old friends.

She grabbed his arm and whispered in his left ear.

She kept talking as he bent to listen, and he kept saying “Uh, huh. Uh, huh.”

LOL
Even has picts !

ColdWarrior57 on November 8, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Quotes from her supposed friends.

“She has a very infectious personality. It’s easy to see how she won [Cain] over. But the reality of her situation is — she’s a complete gold digger. It’s all about the money.”

Adding that she was from a middle-income family but lives in a posh house while running from bill collectors, the source said: “Most of her jobs ended in termination. It’s always the employer’s fault, not hers.

This is a lady who lives off the system. She is hellbent on finding a way of never having to work and living the lifestyle she wants to live, a very affluent lifestyle.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2058983/Murky-past-Herman-Cain-accuser-Sharon-Bialek-starts-emerge.html#ixzz1d8A5EsMH

Hard Right on November 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM

So the news is coming out now that one of the ‘anonymous’ women claiming sexual harrassment actually works for the Obama administration, and this one hails from Chicago…Hmmmmmm. We also found out that Sharon Bialek showed up at a Tea Party event Cain attended and gave him a big, close, warm embrace, whispering things in his ear. If you have been sexually harrassed by someone, are you really going to follow them somewhere, put yourself in his arms, an get as close as to whisper things in his ear? PLEASE! Furthermore, reports on Bialek say she has had numerous legal issues and has been/is BROKE – how did/is she affording the high-priced Liberal lawyer now, and who is paying the bills to go on the cross-country talk-show tour?

Maybe ‘someone’ should dig up the guy who claimed to have sex with Obama back in college or perhaps the dealers that provided him with the drugs he claimed in his own book to have taken back in college?! While I hate negative campaigning and this ‘politics of personal destruction’, I don’t think the Liberals really want to play this ‘game’.

easyt65 on November 8, 2011 at 12:25 PM