Dem strategist: Can conservatives handle the fact that Cain’s accuser is white?

posted at 8:30 pm on November 7, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite, here’s Karen Finney adding whipped cream to what’s already been an ice-cream-sundae of a day for the left. As delicious as watching the GOP frontrunner squirm must be for them, it can always be a little more delicious by ladling on some rich, creamy racial politics. Finney’s a skilled chef too: Remember, she was the one who accused the right last week of gravitating to Cain because he’s a black man who “knows his place” (his place being, I guess, the Oval Office). Kudos to her for managing to throw an even bigger rhetorical grenade here than co-panelist Toure, who was recently given a platform by Time magazine to accuse Cain of borderline minstrelsy.

Maybe they’ve got a point, though. Clarence Thomas’s wife is white and you all know how much conservatives hate Clarence Thomas. Exit question: Before you hit play, any guesses as to whose show this exchange occurred on? You get three, and the first two don’t count.

Update: Whoops — didn’t see Bashir’s name there in the chyron. Ah well. You guessed before you even looked at the video player, didn’t you?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

witness the power of a fully operational media death star.

ted c on November 7, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Would the fact that the name “Martin Bashir” appears on the top-left of the preview screencap spoil the guessing game a little?

KingGold on November 7, 2011 at 8:32 PM

so Cain may have been sniffin’ at some strange but the media gets away with racism…..nice.

ted c on November 7, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Ah, crap. Didn’t see it.

Allahpundit on November 7, 2011 at 8:33 PM

hmm….I should RTFA before getting all ‘racist’….

BigWyo on November 7, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I support inter-racial sexual harassment 100%.

portlandon on November 7, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Conservatives had better find a reply to these character smears or the GOP might as well give it up and become democrats, and conservatives might as well forget about politics.

Skandia Recluse on November 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Wait, she’s white? I thought she was caucasian. Ba-da-bump!

sbvft contributor on November 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM

This only helps Fielding Huntsman…

Seven Percent Solution on November 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM

More and more this whole Cain accusations thing sounds like a well crafted fabrication…a little too well crafted. Although, still how many people will believe it. In theory, at this point, the media shouldn’t even be trusted with showing the correct time…

Tuari on November 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM

I was too busy pushing Martin Bashir’s face in my crotch to read it.

lorien1973 on November 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Can conservatives handle the fact that Cain’s accuser is white?

Sure. Why not?

Can Karen Finney handle the fact that she is an idiot?

coldwarrior on November 7, 2011 at 8:37 PM

On a more serious note, the fact that the accuser is white actually lends more credence to the idea that the attacks are feeding into a racial stereotype (and thus, not entirely on the level).

I mean, if you want to drop a clusterbomb into a story like this, as Finney does, no better way to execute it than by pushing the “Where the white women at?” angle.

KingGold on November 7, 2011 at 8:37 PM

chyron? dude. now that’s a word…i dunno what it means but it looks like it has something to do with news and video.

schooled.

ted c on November 7, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Racists speaking racism, I`m bored by it.

ThePrez on November 7, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Lady, I don’t think Conservative means, what you think it means.

hawkdriver on November 7, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Clarence Thomas….is he the center for the Knicks?

Bishop on November 7, 2011 at 8:39 PM

As I mentioned this morning, I’m salivating to read Kathleen Parker’s rebuke of the accuser-with-a-face since she’s White and he’s not. She derided Mrs. Palin as a racist for daring to even bring up Barack’s name.

SouthernGent on November 7, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Dem strategist: Can conservatives handle the fact that Cain’s accuser is white?

Thanks for pointing it out. Until now, this situation never occurred to me.

Next!

Dusty on November 7, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Is Martin Bashir the dude on the left with the feet’s don’t fail me now expression on his face?

therealfranklin on November 7, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Holy Sh*t,

Martin Bashirs and Team,are in full Narrational Orgasmically
OverLoad/OverDrive Zeal and Zest Mode!!!

canopfor on November 7, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I was too busy pushing Martin Bashir’s face in my crotch to read it.

lorien1973 on November 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM

While his hand was up your skirt reaching for your genitals…? I’ll sign an affidavit in 2021 (or later) saying that you said it happened.

SouthernGent on November 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Funny, I already figured these were white women even before the press conference today. I suppose that makes me some other kind of racist or something.

Mallard T. Drake on November 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM

..can these “Dem Strategists” handle the fact that she’s white and an alleged Tea Party member and may vote for Cain if he is the nominee?

Or is this another one of those “middle-of-the-road-voted-for-both- sides” airline frequent fliers who want to give the nominee sitting next to them an earful of how electronic billing will make all of our health care problems evaporate and twitters about going on the Tingles show?

The War Planner on November 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM

She’s not white, she’s just suffering a melanin deficiency.

listens2glenn on November 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM

You know, I really can’t wait for the debate on Wednesday. Something, anything, to get this idiotic story out of the headlines.
Maybe another “heartless,” or a fresh round of fruitless attacks on 9-9-9.

KingGold on November 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM

many people here believe the accusations, so I don’t see the point of the faux outrage at what she said. It’s all part of the package, and you can’t buy some and leave out the others.

Chudi on November 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Can Karen Finney handle the fact that most conservatives don’t really give a damn about the whole “scandal”?

GarandFan on November 7, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Did you miss this little gem from Howard Kurtz?

The sight of Cain’s latest accuser, whose flowing blonde hair dipped over one eye, not only personalizes what had been an abstract scandal but gives it an interracial aspect and places it firmly in an employment context.

Why are the libs so obsessed with the racial aspect here? I honestly didn’t think about it when I first heard this.

cynccook on November 7, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I take issue with calling her a strategist. That implies creative thinking, slander doesn`t require much creative thinking.

ThePrez on November 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Cain Wreck.

the_nile on November 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM

How come Karen Finney won’t look directly at the camera. Seems like she talks out of the corner of her mouth while looking out of the corner of her eyes. Where’s Bill O’Reilly’s body language expert?

Mallard T. Drake on November 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Apparently all kinds of interesting details are coming out about this woman, like how she only told her fiance about this episode last Friday, or that she was in a custody battle with a former boyfriend, that she’s filed for bankruptcy twice, and no one from the Chicago Tea Party knows her or recognizes her.

RedRedRice on November 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM

“..embed this player”

..pass.

The War Planner on November 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Allahpundit on November 7, 2011 at 8:33 PM

It’s probably a different one, did you check the middle initial?

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Something about a chifferobe, I believe it was…

golfmann on November 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Me thinks,Martin Bashir,has caught the dreaded,

Chrissy Mathews,Tingulation Virus,were said
Gop Nominee hopeful,is giving Bashir a thrill
up his……over this story!!

canopfor on November 7, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Ahem
(snark).
=====

Where The White Women At? – Blazing Saddles
********************************************

canopfor on November 7, 2011 at 8:46 PM

KingGold on November 7, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Mind if we dances with yo dates?

therealfranklin on November 7, 2011 at 8:46 PM

RedRedRice on November 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I am sure that MSNBC and the rest of the liberal media will give her the full “Joe the Plumber” treatment now that she has stepped out. /s

Mallard T. Drake on November 7, 2011 at 8:47 PM

portlandon on November 7, 2011 at 8:34 PM

LOLing

bazil9 on November 7, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Why do liberals fear interracial relationships? Are they racist or something?

NotCoach on November 7, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Funny how the libs always notice color.

CW on November 7, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Where’s Bill O’Reilly’s body language expert?

Mallard T. Drake on November 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Hmmmm…who, by the way, looks similar to the Bialek chick.

SouthernGent on November 7, 2011 at 8:49 PM

The sight of Cain’s latest accuser, whose flowing blonde hair dipped over one eye, [ruby red voluptuous lips in a sexy pout, softly whispered in a husky, alluring voice to an eager and aroused audience], receptive not only personalizes what had been an abstract scandal but gives it an interracial aspect and places it firmly in an employment context.

cynccook on November 7, 2011 at 8:42 PM

FIFY.

..I would venture to say that — with this accuser — they are interested in more than the *ahem* racial aspect.

The War Planner on November 7, 2011 at 8:49 PM

as a “crazy right winger” I have to admit I didn’t know the skin color of any of the accusers until the press conference today. Somehow I kept my inner KKK in check and didn’t even think about race until this woman told me to.

Boy is there going to be egg on my face at the next cross burning.

Ampersand on November 7, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I personally didn’t think about her being white. So?

bazil9 on November 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM

What does the woman’s color have to do with anything??? Typical libtard stuff.

Southernblogger on November 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Can conservatives handle the fact that Cain’s accuser is white?

The conservatives that I know don’t view things through the prism of race, so yeah we can.

darwin-t on November 7, 2011 at 8:54 PM

What does the woman’s color have to do with anything??? Typical libtard stuff.

Southernblogger on November 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Because secretly, deep-down, they’re far more racist and misogynistic than any Conservative ever was and that’s why it’s always the first thing they think of. It’s also why they believe we need a huge government to take care of all the groups they believe are helpless and incompetent to live their own lives if given the opportunity.

cynccook on November 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM

I personally didn’t think about her being white. So?

bazil9 on November 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM

When half or more of one’s existence is centered on race, one gets all tingly over a black and a white woman. But liberals project like it is going out of style. When they say things like this they are really talking about themselves.

NotCoach on November 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Haha, seriously – when a lib talks about racism from “the right”, simply realize that they are projecting their own feelings.

THIS WOMAN is the one who brought this up, *because* SHE feels this way herself.

Plain and simple.

Midas on November 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Politics disgusts me

blatantblue on November 7, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Hmm. My first thought was “tramp”. Not her skin color.

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 8:57 PM

RedRedRice on November 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Linkies, please!!!

cynccook on November 7, 2011 at 8:57 PM

NotCoach on November 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Yeap…!

Seven Percent Solution on November 7, 2011 at 8:58 PM

So,

Team Hopey/Changey,thanks to the Marxist Socialist Media,
is now on his second month,of “Distractions”,that take the
economy,and jobs and put it on the back burner,while he
watchs all the “GOP Friendly-Fire” Soap Opera Drama being
played out!!

Ugh!

canopfor on November 7, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Can conservatives handle the fact that Cain’s accuser is white?

Can liberals handle the fact that a black man is leading the race for the Republican presidential nomination?

Ampersand on November 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM

we’re suppose to believe these stories.. and why is that.. show me the proof… funny they ain’t got none now do they.. all I can say is if republicans and conservatives don’t know by now that you can’t believe anything the MSM says about our candidates and elected officails they deserve that thing in the white house and all that comes with it.. dumba$$es..

hogtrashhd on November 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I truly believe left wing money is what prompted this accusation

blatantblue on November 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I personally didn’t think about her being white. So?

bazil9 on November 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Well then, yer racist…because this woman had to remind you that yer racist…..

…or something…

BigWyo on November 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Politics disgusts me

blatantblue on November 7, 2011 at 8:56 PM

blatantblue:Correction…..,Dirty Filthy Politics!:)

canopfor on November 7, 2011 at 9:02 PM

NotCoach on November 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Why I don’t watch any news.(unless something very big is happening)

I am so over, so many things. This race crap being one.

bazil9 on November 7, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Ampersand on November 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM

..from the incessant parade of out-gassings on this story, apparently not.

The War Planner on November 7, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Dem strategist: Can conservatives handle the fact that Cain’s accuser is white?

My first thought was how much money goes into this woman for upkeep? She’s not young anymore folks it cost $$$ to keep herself up.

Dr Evil on November 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM

BigWyo on November 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Well thx there Big Y- I have been called racist for 3 years now. I will add this one to the list. ;)

bazil9 on November 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM

I…er… what?! I don’t understand the point. Are conservatives supposed to be upset that a black man tried to sleep with a white woman? Or that a white woman was attracted to a black man? Is she really going there?!

Man she really is a true believer of her kool-aid propaganda.

I bet she doesn’t even realize her total hypocrisy (or projection).

Skywise on November 7, 2011 at 9:06 PM

RedRedRice on November 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM

One commenter at Ace says this babe is a known nut job and has a history of being a troublemaker. He offered no links, but that is entirely possible. I’ll reserve judgment on these accusations until I learn more–about Cain and about her past.

predator on November 7, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Karen Finney- she just hate’n on the white chick that did get Cain’s pass. Dream on gurl. /sarc

Scotsman on November 7, 2011 at 9:09 PM

OT: Obama trashes Bibi while talking to Sarkozy on hot mic. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4145266,00.html

andy85719 on November 7, 2011 at 9:09 PM

cynccook on November 7, 2011 at 8:42 PM

That is because libs honestly believe that conservatives are a bunch of racist homophobes, to paraphrase Rush.

This lib offends ME with the comments she made last week and tonite. Who thinks like that? No conservatives I know, as it is the LIBS that are all consumed by race and skin color. They are consumed with the idea of balkanizing America into our little victim minority groups. They need to bite me. I am tired of all of this.

karenhasfreedom on November 7, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Good Lord…I actually broke down and watched the video…

gah…

What ever Cain did or did not do…like that ever comes into the conversation…..these people are pure Toilet Bugs…..

OWS?? There should be an Occupy the Overpaid Hyperbolic A$$holes on TV.

Think about how much money these a$$Clowns make for doing nothing but getting in front of a camera and spewing dog#*it…

BigWyo on November 7, 2011 at 9:12 PM

blockquote>It’s probably a different one, did you check the middle initial?

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Snort.

katy the mean old lady on November 7, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Like I said in th past..:)

Dire Straits on November 7, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Snort.

katy the mean old lady on November 7, 2011 at 9:13 PM

That’s mine!!

and it’s *snort*

and you can borrow …

*snicker*

BigWyo on November 7, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I don’t get it. What are we supposed to feel about the fact that the accuser is white?

(I don’t want to watch the clip.)

Alana on November 7, 2011 at 9:16 PM

RedRedRice on November 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Links, please.

parteagirl on November 7, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Like I said in the past ..:)

Dire Straits on November 7, 2011 at 9:15 PM

fixed..:)

Dire Straits on November 7, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Hmmmm….

cynccook on November 7, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Note one of the comments. She couldn’t find a sympathetic lawyer in the entire city of Chicago?

katy the mean old lady on November 7, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Sooooooooo…

… Where is the Conservative response to tell her to STFU?

(crickets)

Seven Percent Solution on November 7, 2011 at 9:25 PM

YES TV is sick and disgusting and I only see snipetts from the net.

My fear is that many of us conservatives don’t watch the tele and are less informed on the hors4ehit the main stream media are propagating.

amend2 on November 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM

I don’t have a problem with the accuser being white. I do have a problem with the accuser hiring Gloria A. and then expecting folks to take her seriously.

joejm65 on November 7, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Linked: ‘Sharon Bialek Accuses Herman Cain of Sexual Misconduct (VIDEO)’.

Donald Douglas on November 7, 2011 at 9:28 PM

What, exactly, was new at this link? Except that it was your post? Did I miss something?

cynccook on November 7, 2011 at 9:32 PM

A few months ago I went to a family wedding, and I found out that the boyfriend of one of my cousins works for Martin Bashir.

Seemed like a nice guy. We didn’t chat much.

P.S. Karen Finney is a bad person, and so is Toure.

Jim Treacher on November 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Damn, I did not even notice that.
Sarc
Now I am outraged!
Sarc

Seriously, I did not even notice that. Who would notice that? What kind of human being would notice that?

astonerii on November 7, 2011 at 9:34 PM

The more I think about this woman’s blather, the more flabbergasting it is. They’re the ones freaking out over the idea of a black guy coming on to a white woman, and we’re the racists?

Jim Treacher on November 7, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Jim Treacher on November 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Yes, Toure is a disgusting POS.

juliesa on November 7, 2011 at 9:37 PM

You know how you can tell someone’s lying? They give little details to make the sell.

“I was wearing a little black pleated skirt and a white top”

BS ALERT

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM

“I was wearing a little black pleated skirt and a white top”

BS ALERT

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Good point.

cynccook on November 7, 2011 at 9:42 PM

We need to deal with these issues about sexual harassment and how women are treated in the workplace, it is still a problem. I hope we use this as a teachable moment,” Finney opined. “There are racial issues. Not everybody is going to have the same reaction to this. I hope we will have the same reaction no matter what the race is because it’s horrible when it happens no matter what, but it will change the dynamic we are seeing now.

You’re the one having a different reaction because of race. You’re the one seeing this in racial terms. Project, much?

Bill Ramey on November 7, 2011 at 9:45 PM

AFAIK, it’s only this lib that it even occurred to. Funny, that.

Shay on November 7, 2011 at 9:46 PM

BS ALERT

John the Libertarian on November 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on November 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM

All of Clinton’s accusers were white, and he was the first black president. sarc

joeswampy on November 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Dem strategist: Can conservatives handle the fact that Cain’s accuser is white?

Can Dem strategists handle the fact that conservatives don’t care about color?

In a word: no.

disa on November 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM

This chick is so cliche……

itsspideyman on November 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM

LOL

Give the Dems a fit and stay loyal to Cain even though it’s a white woman charging the indiscretion. That’ll keep ‘em awake nights. “Daaaamn! How can these racist conservatives stay loyal to a man who ravages their white womens? It must be a nefarious plot…”

Cain may be guilty of indiscretions, he may not. But it’s just temptingly fun to consider seeing a zillion conservatives elect the man (alas, we count on independents).

Hey, if rapes at Occupy can be kept “in house,” I suppose we could justify having another president who only groped, but never went so far as to [unprintable here] in the White House itself.

I mean, the Dems opened the door to a president they deem a credible hero despite Monica, and the first black president as well. So how about a black groper? No biggie, right? Seems to me the Dems could only be against him because he’s conservative — certainly not because he’s black (that’s supposed to be the conservative peeve) and certainly not because of sexual indiscretions (since they defended him against that).

If a groper can’t become president, why can an adulterous lecher using the people’s White House as a covert remain one? Heh.

Realistically, if this is in Cain’s past he’s out. But hearing the left jeer his exit is a bit pathetic. Maybe Olby will ask whether they have no shame…

rasqual on November 7, 2011 at 10:06 PM