Quotes of the day

posted at 10:31 pm on November 4, 2011 by Allahpundit

“‘We have had twelve meetings,’ one member said last night during a CB1 session in City Hall, ‘and now we’ve given up.’ It is about time. To most clear-thinking people, it has been painfully obvious for some time that the powers that be have credulously indulged a group that is simply playing games with the democratic process. Now those powers may have caught on, too

“There is increasing concern that the authorities have made a rod for their own backs. ‘Are we seriously suggesting that if a jihadist or neo-Nazi group moved in, they would have been indulged like this?’ asked a community-board member pointedly. ‘Or the Klan!’ interjected another. Meanwhile, the chairman worried about the precedent: ‘If any other group moves in in the future, would we be able to evict them, given the example we have set?’ His ashen expression answered his own question.”

***

“‘We had people who attempted to break into our building,’ the landmark Rotunda Building on Frank Ogawa Plaza outside City Hall, Tagami said Thursday. He grabbed a shotgun that he usually keeps at home, went down to the ground floor and ‘discouraged them,’ he said.

“‘I was standing there and they saw me there, and I lifted it – I didn’t point it – I just held it in my hands,’ Tagami said. ‘And I just racked it, and they ran.’

“‘We’re very concerned that a group of people can be allowed to do this type of destruction to our town and to our image without any repercussions,’ Tagami said. ‘They need to be held accountable.’ He rejected assertions that the anarchists were a small minority, saying, ‘No, you can’t have it both ways.’

“Tagami added, ‘I support a peaceful protest. But it was a siege situation last night, and quite frankly, I’m glad we were here. But I never want to have to do that again.’”

***

Via R.S. McCain. “‘Occupy DC’ protesters just attempted to force their way into the Washington Convention Center where the Americans for Prosperity Foundation is holding its Ronald Reagan tribute dinner for the ‘Defending the American Dream Summit.’

***

“In 2005, the Weinstein Co. set up financing of about $500 million to fund production and distribution. The investment vehicle was created and syndicated by a little firm called Goldman Sachs. One of the films that was produced by TWC using funds from that investment was Moore’s documentary Sicko. Given the success of his previous film, Fahrenheit 9/11, which he made with Harvey and Bob Weinstein, Moore was able to command a terrific deal for himself…

“If Moore really wants to be seen as someone outside the circle of those he is protesting, it would be great if he would disclose how much he has made off his TWC-backed movies and why he was willing to associate himself with financing set up by Goldman Sachs. Further, journalists should start showing more backbone in testing the veracity of statements made by those who use the media to disseminate a holier-than-though message.”

***

Via Philip Klein.

***

Via Accuracy in Media.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

“You liiieee… you liiee.”

That was pretty creepy.

JellyToast on November 4, 2011 at 11:48 PM

In case you forgot about this part of the Obama plan for America…….21 seconds of pure Chavez.

PappyD61 on November 4, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Now we know why most of the tents are empty!!!

faraway on November 4, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Stones – Monkey Man

And Michael Moore Family Album

SlaveDog on November 4, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Love the pictures of the monkeys…..
And they didn’t wave at the camera.

Electrongod on November 4, 2011 at 11:50 PM

And they didn’t wave at the camera.

Electrongod on November 4, 2011 at 11:50 PM

There’s a special room at the re-education camp with your name on it.

SlaveDog on November 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM

There’s a special room at the re-education camp with your name on it.

SlaveDog on November 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM

LOL..
I have multiple aliases filed at AttackWatch.

Electrongod on November 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Punk Journalist?

The guy stuck a mike in Moore’s fat face. Has Moore ever done that to anyone?

It is like the Dems calling Mitt a flip-flopper.

IlikedAUH2O on November 5, 2011 at 12:02 AM

By my calculations, OWS should be going “Donner Pass” by the end of next month. That will most certainly leave a lasting impression on the public consciousness. I say let’s just let them continue to do their thing.
cynccook on November 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Shoot, let’s just round ‘em up and airlift the whole lot into Donner Pass.
The Sierra Nevadas are beautiful, “especially this time of year.” ( :

listens2glenn on November 5, 2011 at 12:03 AM

SlaveDog on November 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM

I have multiple aliases filed at AttackWatch.

Electrongod on November 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Why the hang didn’t I think of that?

listens2glenn on November 5, 2011 at 12:06 AM

*crickets chirping*
-lsm

Move along now

cmsinaz on November 5, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I do think Michael Moore would make a great propaganda minister for the Socialist Utopia.

I also think at some point the ignorant and the whatevers are going to get tired of it all and just go back home to mom and dad and all that is going to be left will be the hardcore Marxists.

I’m not sure what they have won so far other than donations and free pooping privileges in the parks. A lot of roaring. A lot of hype. A lot of praise from the left… but so what. They are not going to tear down the system. And if they start doing for real the things they are shouting.. like dragging people from their homes and offices, committing greater acts of violence.. people are not going to sit around and just let them do it.

Pooping in the park is one thing. Throwing stones and chanting death to Capitalists… but I don’t know what they expect.

At some point this thing has got to just stop. It’s getting old.
And where the heck is Homeland Security? What good are they. Here is this freaking Marxist Army pushing for the destruction of our system.. Bill Ayers, an unrepentant domestic terrorist is out there giving them advice in the finer points of revolution in broad daylight all while Homeland Security is pushing the message “If you see something, say something, ” and yet they can’t seem to see a thing here.

It’s a big joke.

JellyToast on November 5, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Why the hang didn’t I think of that?

listens2glenn on November 5, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I hope the rooms for my aliases are all connected.
Suite!

Electrongod on November 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Michael Moore is the poster boy for the EAT THE RICH! wing of the OWS gang.

profitsbeard on November 5, 2011 at 12:18 AM

These various leftist groups should have been removed from various locations once they started destroying property and attempting to harm others.

youngTXcon on November 5, 2011 at 12:23 AM

There’s a special room at the re-education camp with your name on it.

SlaveDog on November 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Don’t worry…

… Bishop and canopfor have a plan, but I’ve said too much.

Remember the code words…

… You say: “I love you”

The response is: “No homo!”

Once you make contact, your secret name will be Westley Huntsman, but that may change…

Seven Percent Solution on November 5, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I heard him say to Anderson Cooper that they all were going to figure out a new economic system. LOL

Questioner to Michael Moore: Okay let’s start planning it now. Where do you want to start? We all pool our money then divide it up equally among everyone here?

Michael Moore: No! No! No! We have to start from scratch.

MaggiePoo on November 5, 2011 at 12:31 AM

i don’t know how many have been following the owsDC thugs at the AFP convention tonight but i noticed on the twitter feed of #occupydc reporting live from the scene was LucyKafanov from Russia Today

what is interesting is that she was right in the middle of the oakland riots also.

check out her twitter feed. right there in the middle. Now maybe she’s one of these ‘journos’ that embellish their stories…or maybe not

r keller on November 5, 2011 at 12:44 AM

OT but this could be…well a whole hell of alot more important than Herman Cain’s sex habits or the OWS idiots.

CME Goes To Collateral DefCon 1: Makes Maintenance Margin Equal To Initial For… Everything!?
Because as of close of business on November 4, today, the CME just made the maintenance margin, traditionally about 26% lower than the initial margin for specs, equal. For everything. Which means that by close of business Monday, millions of options and futures holders will be forced to deposit billions in additional capital to the CME just so they are not found to be margin deficient, and thus receive a margin call. Naturally, since it is very unlikely that this incremental amount of liquidity can be easily procured in one business day, we anticipate the issuance of hundreds of thousands of margin calls Monday, followed by forced liquidations of margin accounts across America… and the world.

Deanna on November 5, 2011 at 12:53 AM

I thought Michael Moore’s usual quote of the day was, “Ten pizzas with the works to go and put it on my corporate account card. Yeah, I’ll need a receipt for that, Einstein.”

andycanuck on November 5, 2011 at 12:54 AM

listens2glenn on November 5, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Shpadoinkle!

Ugly on November 5, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Shoot. Forgot the link

Ugly on November 5, 2011 at 1:31 AM

MICHAEL MOORE: Adiposer.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on November 5, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Michael Moore is the poster boy for the EAT THE RICH! wing of the OWS gang.

profitsbeard on November 5, 2011 at 12:18 AM

He looks like he ate Sally Strouthers already.

Adjoran on November 5, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Nom Nom Nom Potato Chips!! Nom Nom Nom munch snort Nom!

– Michael Moore

bitsy on November 5, 2011 at 2:27 AM

We should be encouraging this “protests” to continue. I hope the Oakland City council keeps indulging these morons.

Their “cause” is unsustainable and can only help the Republicans.

rickyricardo on November 5, 2011 at 5:47 AM

I got up early this morning for a trip at watched a panel on MSNBC Chris Hayes (the male Rachel Maddow) show.

A round-table all about OWS and everybody looked under 30 and clean, but what a propaganda piece – nothing but a 30 minute OWS infomercial. I was spellbound.

And I never knew.
And I never knew.
That this was called.
That this was called.
The “human microphone”.
The “human microphone”.
Look for this ****, from large numbers of planted people, to disrupt Republican events next year.
Yes, Chris Hayes and his panel were giving explicit “civil” disruption guidelines

That is all. Out-twinkles.

Marcus on November 5, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Hindsight being 20/20 I wish I had bought stock in “Goof Off”.

Cindy Munford on November 5, 2011 at 8:54 AM

By my calculations, OWS should be going “Donner Pass” by the end of next month.

cynccook on November 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I was thinking more “Lord of the Flies”.

Paul-Cincy on November 5, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Mr. Tagami, you are not in the clear because the mob is not done. You better keep that shotgun ready with more than an empty chamber next time or your building could be destroyed. The DC protestors have now moved into the area of criminal activity. It’s time for the police to do their jobs.

Kissmygrits on November 5, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Deanna on November 5, 2011 at 12:53 AM

You know what this means. After MF admitted to co-mingling funds, everyone is now covering their “missing” money by forcing margin calls to put the cash back.

Wow. We’ll see brokers jumping out of windows by 2:30 on Monday.

BobMbx on November 5, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Where’s Janet Reno when you need her?

Dusty on November 5, 2011 at 9:32 AM

The video of the Jobs Booth should be on every channel on every TV station of America.

Great stuff. Their own words destroy their assertions.

hawkdriver on November 5, 2011 at 9:50 AM

“You liiieee… you liiee.”

That was pretty creepy.

JellyToast on November 4, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Evrod Cassimy and that station should be commended for that coverage. But yes, creepy, they are very creepy.

hawkdriver on November 5, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Where’s Janet Reno when you need her?

Dusty on November 5, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Hmmm. So, you think that John Reno would go all “Waco” on fellow Marxists?

oldleprechaun on November 5, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I could cry.

I have a husband, two beautiful kids, and full time job WITH a painful, chronic health condition that causes me no small measure of hardship.

I have no social life. I go to work, come home, and rest for the next day of work because that’s the only way I can survive my demanding job. And for what? So I can support these idiots who say, “I won’t do this, can’t do that…”

Yeah, I could cry. So, so frustrating.

Grace_is_sufficient on November 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on November 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Focus on all that you bring your family with your devotion, it far outweighs anything these cretins get away with. My experience tells me that these folks will reap what they sow and we will all enjoy the irony.

Cindy Munford on November 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I could cry.

Yeah, I could cry. So, so frustrating.

Grace_is_sufficient on November 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM

I am convinced that in heaven, when the righteous arrive, they will walk up and see these enormous statues of people and ask “Who is that?” And angels will say… “Oh, he or she is a great great saint!” and the righteous will respond. “Oh, they must have started great ministries. Or maybe they had a massive TV outreach. Or did they travel the world speaking before nations? ” And the angels will reply with a shout.. “No, that was a mother! Or That was a father! Who worked and sweated and prayed endlessly and tirelessly for their family! Who overcame and persevered through countless hardships! Known by only a few in their former lives, but known by all of heaven over here!”

JellyToast on November 5, 2011 at 11:02 AM

JellyToast on November 5, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Beautifully said.

Cindy Munford on November 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM

And again.

hawkdriver on November 5, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Michael Moore is part of the 1% that outweighs the 99% of the rest of us…

Khun Joe on November 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Khun Joe on November 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM

No “fat jokes”, please, some of us are very sensitive.

oldleprechaun on November 5, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Thank you all. Your words are treasures, believe me, that will carry me through one more week. God bless you.

Grace_is_sufficient on November 5, 2011 at 1:46 PM

“Thus we see the nauseating spectacle of rapes being reported not to the police, but to the ‘Security Working Group,’ which hands down internal punishments to offenders. According to activist Channing Kehoe, those guilty of assault are punished by having their blankets taken away. American civil society does not include the option to opt out of the laws of the land, but that is precisely what Occupy Wall Street has done. Their ‘negotiations’ are simply taqiyya for the secular Left. Once upon a time, we called such behavior ‘secession.’”

There was actually a very simple solution to the issue. A security group could have been “deputized” to allow some discretion to handle situations without involving the police while allowing the police to be involved for more serious problems.

But it would have been toxic to the protesters to admit that they had to get the authority to provide security from the police.

But by allowing them to handle incidents without any line of authority to the police force, the local governments effectively gave up the one thing a government can never afford to give up: a monopoly on the use of force.

In effect, the local government just authorized all citizens to ignore the police and provide their own security. Needless to say, this defies the modern tendency to treat citizens defending themselves as tantamount to a crime.

But apparently some animals are more equal than others.

didymus on November 5, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I like Mr. Tagami.
How may I contribute to his ammo supply cache?

Amendment X on November 5, 2011 at 4:17 PM

If you watch the Michael Moron video closely, you’ll note the pasty, fat, white liberal rich guy 99%er Michael Moron, grabing the black reporter and shaking him by the shoulder.

To a conservative, that would be labeled an assault.

dthorny on November 5, 2011 at 5:06 PM