Jesse Ventura: I need to spend less time in the Fascist States of America. Oh, and also, I might run for president.

posted at 10:00 pm on November 4, 2011 by Allahpundit

Dude, I think this might be our nominee.

Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is so upset by the dismissal of his airport security lawsuit that he threatened Friday to apply for dual citizenship so he can spend more time in his beloved Mexico — or run for president of what he labeled “the Fascist States of America.”…

Outside the federal courthouse in St. Paul, with a crew from his “Conspiracy Theory” cable TV show filming, Ventura said he hadn’t decided whether to continue pressing his lawsuit. He said he wanted to make his case before a jury, not a panel of judges…

Moments later, he vowed to apply for Mexican citizenship so he can live there more months of the year…

“I will never stand for a national anthem again. I will turn my back and I will raise a fist,” he said.

He’s got a titanium hip and he’s tired of being either body-scanned or crotch-grabbed by TSA in order to get past the metal detector at the airport. The Pioneer Press has some background on the lawsuit here. He’s ranting in the clip about how “federal courts” are claiming they don’t have jurisdiction over the constitutional question here, but that’s not true. Federal appellate courts do have jurisdiction by statute; federal district courts (i.e. the trial level) don’t, presumably because the details of TSA procedures implicate national security. Question for the litigators out there: Even if Ventura did get to bring his claim in district court, because he’s raising a question of law — whether the TSA’s protocol violates the Fourth Amendment — it would be the district judge, not a federal jury, that decided the matter, no? I’m not sure which facts, if any, are at issue that he wants a jury to decide. He hasn’t been charged with anything and isn’t suing for damages, as far as I know. What he seems to have in mind is a declaratory judgment striking down the TSA’s procedures as unconstitutional. Unless I’m missing something, that’s a job for the judge.

Between this and the news about Building 7, it’s been a rough week.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

When you from Minnesota, like me, you get…… the Minnesota Vikings. :(

Don’t fret. They’ll soon be the Los Angeles Vikings.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on November 5, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Now we know why he wasn’t known as Jesse “The Mind” Ventura.

Left Coast Right Mind on November 5, 2011 at 1:56 AM

I need to spend less time in the Fascist States of America

Talk is cheap. Just go and thank your liberal buddies for the body-scan and grabbing on the way out.

shick on November 5, 2011 at 2:12 AM

Well maybe you and Ron Paul should hook up with Jesse and make that night passage of the Rio Grande before the wall goes up. Watch out for the Death Drones though, they can take you out anywhere.

sharrukin on November 5, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Maybe you should go to an airport and cheer the TSA gropestapo on.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 5, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Maybe you should go to an airport and cheer the TSA gropestapo on.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 5, 2011 at 2:15 AM

I think you are missing the full picture. This liberal loon doesn’t know which direction to face when he is complaining. That’s all he does. He couldn’t think of a reasonable solution if he wanted to.

shick on November 5, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Maybe you should go to an airport and cheer the TSA gropestapo on.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 5, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Not everyone who is against the government is a friend. Some of them are like the OWS crowd, some are like Hamas, some are like Jesse, and some are real patriots. If Ventura despises his own country then he should leave. I don’t agree with the TSA and I think most of Homeland Security should be abolished.

Ventura is saying the exact same thing Michelle Obama did when she was saying that “For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country.” Their allegiance seems to be contingent on their own petty demands rather than something real.

sharrukin on November 5, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Betcha he pulls an Alec Baldwin. If he does go to Mexico, maybe he can bitch and moan LOUDLY enough about the drug cartels…they will take care of him.

JustJP on November 5, 2011 at 3:06 AM

Hard to believe he actually was elected as governor. He is deranged.
V-rod on November 4, 2011 at 10:03 PM

And yet he managed to finish his term. Just sayin’.

benny shakar on November 5, 2011 at 4:22 AM

Cream always rises to the top.

a capella on November 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

And sludge always settles on the bottom.

Bob Mc on November 5, 2011 at 5:10 AM

shick on November 5, 2011 at 2:20 AM

He at least seems to have identified the problem – the Fascist Reich of Herr Hussein Louie and THAT is the government we have now.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 5, 2011 at 5:15 AM

sharrukin on November 5, 2011 at 2:45 AM

No he is not. Moocher was proud of America once Herr Moocher was el Presidente. Guess who is still el Presidente now at the time Ventura is calling the country (that would mean the Government) fascist?

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 5, 2011 at 5:18 AM

Good riddance to riddance to bad trash. Don’t write.

jarhead0311 on November 5, 2011 at 5:21 AM

If a German called Germany a fascist country when Hitler was in power doing, well, fascist things, would that mean that he was anti-German? Did Ventura call America a fascist country when Reagan was President?

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 5, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Silly people. You are given a gift and you don’t like the wrapping paper it came in, and maybe something else that was in the box too, so you throw the whole thing out.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 5, 2011 at 5:27 AM

Fools!

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on November 5, 2011 at 5:28 AM

Ventura is a disgrace to professional wrestlers everywhere.

Captain Kirock on November 5, 2011 at 5:32 AM

Don’t let the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya.

(Take some others wit ya)

stenwin77 on November 5, 2011 at 7:36 AM

And he don’t have time ta bleed, either!

Sherman1864 on November 5, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Good riddance . . . Mexico is a good place for you Jesse.

rplat on November 5, 2011 at 7:43 AM

The OWS mobs have found their nominee. I guess smoking all that righteous dope with Willie (The Doobie) Nelson is taking its toll.

volsense on November 5, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Why would you need dual citizenship to live in Mexico? If you got money, you can live anywhere.

Blake on November 5, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Ha, liar. You’ll need to stand so you can turn your back and raise your fist.

Dusty on November 5, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Yet another “everything that inconveniences me must be a violation of my rights” whiner.

Count to 10 on November 5, 2011 at 9:08 AM

We all have access to the courts, because its cheap. and we all have standing, right?

Speakup on November 5, 2011 at 9:33 AM

America’s clown.

princetrumpet on November 5, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

tx2654 on November 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Good riddance! And don’t even think about running for president, you clown!

silvernana on November 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM

When you from Minnesota, like me, you get…… the Minnesota Vikings. :(
Don’t fret. They’ll soon be the Los Angeles Vikings.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on November 5, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Keep the team name… You’ll need it when Jacksonville moves up there in a few years…

… and Jesse: PLEASE run as a Democrat… you fit right in…

Khun Joe on November 5, 2011 at 12:36 PM

“They’re not the same Americans now. They crave authority,” he said. “They lust after regulation. They love being frisked, x-rayed, and felt-up at airports because it gives them a false sense of significance.”

it’s true.

Rae on November 5, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Too many hard landings… on his head.

It’s not America that is messing with your rights Jess… It’s the pansy a** mommy state libs. Get mad at them.

RalphyBoy on November 5, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Ha, liar. You’ll need to stand so you can turn your back and raise your fist.

Dusty on November 5, 2011 at 8:51 AM

lol

hawkdriver on November 5, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Don’t let the border crossing hit you in your “brain” on the way out.

and obtw, swing by hollywood with a bus and take some of your kind WITH YOU.

Putz.

RealMc on November 5, 2011 at 3:47 PM

RalphyBoy on November 5, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Actually, Republicans led the effort to pass the PATRIOT ACT, which negated the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendment to the Constitution.

Not just the TSA mind you, but the National Security Letters which require you to provide any information demanded, which is not a warrant signed by a judge. If you object, well guess what.

The Liberals and Republicans, supposedly Conservatives, all worked to give us that abomination. We are stupid enough to thank them for it. We surrendered our liberty, and our rights for the illusion of security.

A secret police without accountability is an abomination, no matter who is in power.

Snake307 on November 5, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Hard Right on November 4, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Just got your post, I’ll check it out. Thanks

listens2glenn on November 5, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Let me get this straight….In the name of Political Correctness and in order NOT to offend Muslams and Islamic Terrorists wer refuse to adopt and use Behavioral Profiling that has been used completely successfully by Israeli security forces to date…so we frisk old ladies and children…and the woman who is ordering and directing this is the same woman who declared at the border – in the middle of Fast and Furious, a failed government gun sting that supplied Drug Cartels with 2,000 weapons and resulted in the death of 2 Border Patrol Agents – that the Border is safer than ever before, a bald faced lie. We have more to fear from the government and its willingess to strip our rights in order to prevent from offending people than actually doing their jobs and REALLY keeping us safe.

easyt65 on November 6, 2011 at 9:24 AM