Cain: I’m the Koch brothers’ brother from another mother

posted at 6:46 pm on November 4, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite, the perfect ending to a week his campaign spent trying to warn people about resisting media narratives. Even if he were guilty of harassment, I think this soundbite would still annoy the left more.

Here’s the Times article he mentions, which is boring yet useful as a preview of Democratic messaging in case Cain does somehow win the nomination. He, Mark Block, and a few other campaign advisors have been affiliated with Americans for Prosperity over the years (this clip comes from today’s AFP American Dream Summit), so Obama and the DNC have at least three talking points right off the bat. In order from dumbest/laziest to least dumb and lazy: (1) Cain knows and likes two prominent members of the one percent and, well, that’s just ain’t right; (2) if he’s tapped into AFP, Cain’s not nearly as much of an “outsider” as he’d have you believe (the NYT helpfully includes this point overtly in its article lest the reader miss it); and (3) Cain’s inexperience will lead him to be dominated by special interests like “the Kochtopus” (but unlike labor!) if he’s elected president. Frankly, if all they want to do is energize liberals, they don’t even need to bother with talking points. All they have to do is mention “the Koch brothers” in the same sentence as Cain and let the Pavlovian fear and loathing work its magic on the progressive base. We all need an evil billionaire Soros-ian supervillain to fuel our political narratives, my friends. Here’s Cain having fun by embracing the left’s Lex Luthor.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

And yet you want to repeat the Democrat’s mistake and elect an amateur because you like his speeches.

Lovely.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Not one of the candidates running for the Republican nomination is an amateur in any sense of the word — as was, and is, Obama. To compare any one of them to Obama on an experience level, much less Cain, argues a lack of wit which I, for one, find appalling in someone of your character. You are buying your own BS at this point.

TXUS on November 4, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I lived under four miserable years of Obama. I know how petty little authoritarians like you denounce the opposition as racist to discredit, besmirch, and silence those who stand in your way.

It doesn’t work on me, Katy. Sorry.

You can call me or others who think Cain is not ready for prime time “racist” all you want. I will not shut up. Too many good men and women died defending my right to call it how I see it.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Suddenly! You have diction.

I love it.

Punk? Let me call it as I see it. You just vindicated Katy. So, thank you, you should kiss her now.

Michelle, that Booob Belt? Please. Don’t.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Didn’t ask you to shut up. Keep on and let every one see what a sorryare.
BTW they died defending my rights too.

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Nat X on SNL.

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Girl, I love it!

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Yeah, Nat X was very, very funny. I wish I could locate the one intro. bit that SNL had with Nat X when he was introducing his sidekick (“Sandman”) played by Chris Farley — Nat X’s intro. was something, he was offering up his “Black version” of “It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood…” Very funny.

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:01 PM

I lived under four miserable years of Obama.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Are you a wizard?

JackForce on November 4, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Er, my guy is debating your guy tomorrow in Texas. Newt isn’t POTUS yet, but he is working on it. Perry is also getting high marks, too, I might add. I enjoyed his interview with Hannity.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 7:57 PM

What time? Is it 9pm E?

you know what stinks? I have to be in FAM at 9am on a Saturday, but I don’t want to miss this. Is it televised?

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Didn’t ask you to shut up. Keep on and let every one see what a sorryare.
BTW they died defending my rights too.

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM

No, you just called me and everyone else who thinks Cain is not ready for prime time as Jim Crow-supporting “racist”:

Dear, I think you used up that race card at the Klan fest you and others had here.
See, I grew up in the Jim Crow days. I’e seen your acts before. “noooo it’s not cause he’s black, he’s too dumb and sex crazed for all this high faulutin’ stuff. And he lies, they all lie you know”. Some of you are not fooling anyone.

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 7:47 PM

That was pretty disgusting, Katy.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Michelle, that Booob Belt? Please. Don’t.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM

An interesting (and OT) detail here:

I remarked a few weeks ago in comments here that I think that Bomber Belt the M.O. wears is not fashion but some sort of rig she’s devised to hold something down or in or both, that the Big Belt is serving some rigging purpose on her body and whatever she’s wearing underneath the outer clothing.

And, a mere one or two weeks later, after I’d made those comments here, I read this weird remark by M.O. in a “fashion” story on some “fashion-gossip” website after following a story link to it, wherein M.O. blurted out that she “is afraid that her shirt is going to come untucked…” that she “needs shirts longer”…

So I was right about my diagnosis of that weird, recurring Bomber Belt effect she wears, she’s wearing it to keep “something” down and underexposed. I guess calling that a “shirt” serves some purpose on a gossip site.

I don’t find any of this stuff racist except by those who continue to use that insult about others who aren’t prostrate over B. and M. O.

I also think it’s not encouraging to hear Cain lapse into their kind of schtick relying on their kind of racial references.

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Actually, sheesh. I have to be in WPB, …. first, then Fort Myers.

I am going to grope my secretary and beat him. With my Cain.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM

What time? Is it 9pm E?

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:03 PM

C-SPAN might re-air it later in the night.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM

No, old lady, it’s because he’s talkin’ street schtick. And you seem more obsessed with “bein’ black” than anyone here.

Maybe it’s you who believes (you’re very, very sure) that all those White Crackers are under yer bed just waiting to grab you.

Racism includes your level of negation being so ready to judge others as that dreaded “jim crow” epidemic you suffered through.

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Nice try, but the ancestors came here from Sweden and Ireland. Anythingelse?
Don’t you hae to starch your crinolines?

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Are you a wizard?

JackForce on November 4, 2011 at 8:01 PM

No, I didn’t have a chance to play with Sam Huntsman. I heard they weren’t really that good anyways.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:08 PM

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 7:47 PM

That was pretty disgusting, Katy.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I agree, Punchenko, it was.

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:08 PM

That was pretty disgusting, Katy.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Really? Unlike your week long “bash Cain” party?

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Baby, I’m not a racist. But when I see a fat chick trying to tie herself all up in some sort of get up? To make her look thin? She’s still fat. She just holds in SOME of that fat, with a really big belt. But it just sort of rolls down her belly and back up into her boobs.

Why not just follow her own dang rules. Don’t eat. Don’t get fat.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Nice try, but the ancestors came here from Sweden and Ireland. Anythingelse?
Don’t you hae to starch your crinolines?

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I could not care less where your “ancestors” are from. You’re not a nice person, and some of them originate in all areas of populations on our globe, which is what my point — that you don’t understand — is. That you’re motivated BY racial qualifications of others, thus, you are irrationally quick to “see” such in others (“under your bed, waiting to nab you…” etc.).

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Actually, sheesh. I have to be in WPB, …. first, then Fort Myers.

I am going to grope my secretary and beat him. With my Cain.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Just please don’t use one of those terrifying you’re-about-as-tall-as gestures with him. You know how just gets secretaries’ panties in a wad.

TXUS on November 4, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Why not just follow her own dang rules. Don’t eat. Don’t get fat.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM

I never alleged you were “racist”.

I agree about the M.O. Which is all I was remarking about.

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Don’t you hae to starch your crinolines?

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM

OK. LMAO.

/Still snorking. I won’t say why.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:14 PM

That was pretty disgusting, Katy.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Not anymore disgusting than some of the stuff I’ve seen you post in your Herman Cain/supporters bash fests.

Knucklehead on November 4, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM

No, what I saw was a week long pile on with zip, zero proof. Now you are all backing off and claiming “Oh, no, wasn’t me.
I’m disgusted with the pack of you.
Go screue yourself.

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I am going to grope my secretary and beat him. With my Cain.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM

TXUS on November 4, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I still don’t even understand WHY Cain would make that remark to some co-employee during business hours at the workplace, especially to one he claims he hardly knew other than they had offices on the same floor of the building they both worked in. It’s a weird story.

Maybe Cain was weird and the “anonymous source” lady (coworker) freaked-out about how weird and “inappropriate” the weird remark was (“you’re the same height as my wife”).

Either way, she should have long ago let it go, been satisfied with her annual-salary-free-of-charge and either come forth with her identity or never allowed herself to be publicly represented through that story as she has. Politico, too, should be sued by the anonymous-sources AND Cain, but that’s another story, if no anonymous-source leaked their tale these, woe, twelve years later.

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Go screue yourself.

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Take your own advice, whatevertheheck it even means.

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:18 PM

kringeesmom:Le Bingo,Cains “Phrases” are aimed at Team Obama,
and the Lefty Marxist Socialist Media!!!

canopfor on November 4, 2011 at 7:44 PM

And the elite politicos too..

kringeesmom on November 4, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Take your own advice, whatevertheheck it even means.

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:18 PM

All those gentleman callers and you don’t know what that means?

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Here is the real story:

There was a big meeting. There was a woman, who was a manager and in a high level position. It was in the NRA convention center. Huge gathering. The woman became intoxicated. Cain ordered a driver and brought her to a suite. She was passed out and woke up the next day.

Cain said nothing.

The other women snickered about the woman’s alcohol intake. She continued to go to happy hour fests. She was always the drunkard. The women always snickered. Until, one day… she showed up for work and she was drunk and she got fired.

……………

You take it from there, because that is what happened.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Oh. Cat fight.

I’m a girl. A dog.

Out.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:23 PM

You take it from there, because that is what happened.

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I thought she sounded familiar.

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Really? Unlike your week long “bash Cain” party?

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Katy, this is a primary and a contentious primary at that. We are all rooting for or against particular candidates. Calling me names like an idiot, or stupid, or a buffoon, or a child is fine with me. Call me all the names you want — I enjoy it greatly, and it is part of the fun of a highly charged primary fight. But calling me or others Jim Crow-supporting “racist” because we have qualms with Cain is a step too far. It’s a tawdry tactic designed by the left to shame and silence. Such a divisive tactic should have no place on our side of the aisle.

And yes, there will be many, many more Cain Wreck parties with popcorn, cheap champagne, and tons of laughs. :-)

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:27 PM

After watching the video: Good grief. I started out defending this man against lsm out of principle. But I’m staring to love this man, period. He may or may not be our strongest candidate, but we conservatives need to learn his strength.

petefrt on November 4, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Educate me then. It’s OK to call him a drunken,lying, serial sexual harasser? Right? That’s still OK?,

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:36 PM

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Herman Cain is now playing the victim card too cause Punchenko to me so.

Knucklehead on November 4, 2011 at 8:41 PM

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Well, if you believe Cain is a drunken, lying, serial sexual harasser with shag carpeting and Barry White records in his “corporate apartment”, than that is your business, Katy. Just don’t expect me to call you a “racist” because you believe that about Herman Cain. All I am asking is for you not to call us “racist” because we don’t care for Herman Cain or what he brings to the table, OK?

Am I getting through to you, Katy?

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Am I getting through to you, Katy?

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:48 PM

After reading the comments here this week? You’re kidding, right?

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Key West Reader on November 4, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Sounds ominous. Hope all is well. At first, I thought you were talking about HA, with the cat fights and dogs and all.

TXUS on November 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM

After reading the comments here this week? You’re kidding, right?

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Oh, come on! I was much worst last week! :-)

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Worse*

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Lourdes on November 4, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Couldn’t agree more. Yet, my gut tells me some more sinister things may be going on behind the scenes vis à vis this woman, Politico, and the O machine. Stay tuned.

TXUS on November 4, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Run Herman, run.

David in ATL on November 4, 2011 at 9:20 PM

At least Lex Luthor knows China has nukes.

Luthor ’12

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Comic book boy…you made me laff…great to have you around for comic relief.

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 10:18 PM

This guy is a Republican obama. There is not there…there. No record, just a flailing candidacy of supporters who “love” him.
This is a cult imo.

ArmyAunt on November 4, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Daily Kos Army….must not not be paying it’s minions so well lately…

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 10:22 PM

CULT!

ArmyAunt on November 4, 2011 at 7:20 PM

And the HA trolls keep lowering the bar for trolls everywhere…congrats. Keep repeating your mantra dear, maybe it will help you till the medication takes effect…

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 10:33 PM

ArmyAunt on November 4, 2011 at 7:20 PM

sharrukin on November 4, 2011 at 7:26 PM

More dead chickens coming right up…you guys are really using them up right and left today…

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM

it, What?

ArmyAunt on November 4, 2011 at 7:28 PM

You can’t possibliy be as cllueless as you appear…

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM

The Newt and Cain debate will be on CSPAN at 8PM Eastern time Saturday night.

Newt was the only other candidate to support Cain publicly this week and I will not forget that. Newt gained alot of credit in my mind and has washed himself clean from when he dissed Paul Ryan’s tax plan. Always liked him. If Cain stumbles badly (and I don’t think he will, Newt is now my number 2)

Heard him say this debate is not like the other ones where they are trying to score points. It is for everyone to learn things about their plans and conservatism. Cain and Newt have ambition, but mostly they are in it for the cause and for this country.

Elisa on November 4, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Oh, poor widdle victim…

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Question here for anyone interested:

Cain/Newt ticket or vice versa. The law says that those who vote in the electoral college can’t vote for 2 people from their own state, so if this were our ticket, then the electoral college voters in Georgia could only vote for Cain for President and not Newt as the VP.

In a close election (electoral college votes, not popular), those 15 Georgia votes might be needed or we might risk having a President Cain and a VP Biden.

I can’t decide if that golden ticket of Cain/Newt would be worth the risk. I wonder how close this election in 2012 would be. I tend to think it wouldn’t be worth the risk.

Unless there is some other way around the VP vote so that the Georgian electoral voters could vote a third party and Biden doesn’t get the VP.

Just curious.

Any thoughts?

Elisa on November 4, 2011 at 10:52 PM

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 7:47 PM

OOH, you sure got THEIR panties all in a twist, now didn’t you….

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Any thoughts?

Elisa on November 4, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Newt lives in Virginia…

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Newt is a true friend to Herman Cain. And when Herman Cain makes you his friend, he does not lose you.

Herman Cain is my friend.

Let Herman be Herman. He is a good friend.

jimw on November 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Herman Cain is my friend.

Let Herman be Herman. He is a good friend.

jimw on November 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

You are lucky to know the man.

Oliver North also has known Cain for many years and said he is the “real deal.”

Cain thanked Hannity yesterday after the interview and told him “you are a good friend.”

A couple times this week I got choked up listening to Mr. Cain. Like when I heard him say that. My heart goes out to this man. I think he has shown Presidential stamina and integrity and courage this week, not falling apart and going on all the scheduled interviews and just telling the truth. Except for blaming Andersen, he kept it together.

No matter what happens, Cain will always have my respect and affection.

Elisa on November 4, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Any thoughts?

Elisa on November 4, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Newt lives in Virginia…

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Thanks. I hadn’t heard that. Many have said the opposite.

Do you know if Virginia is his legal home residence? Even if it isn’t, he could change it to Virginia legally easily if he has been living there most of the year. Like Cheney did with Wyoming back in 2000.

Elisa on November 4, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I have no idea what the next year holds for the Cain campaign. But a guy that trolls that left that hard, that takes 99% of their BS and flings it back at ‘em…it’s gonna be a fun year…

Hannibal Smith on November 4, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I don’t think anyone has any idea what he meant and that is a problem with at least half of what he says. On Gitmo, abortion, Chinese nuclear capability, Iran, Perry accusations, the right of return. It just never ends with this guy.

sharrukin on November 4, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Thank God…another voice of reason.
Do we really want to elect another person with no experience….I know that worked out so well with Obama!

Wait, What?

ArmyAunt on November 4, 2011 at 7:28 PM

I’m also not a Cain supporter.
Since I’m a known Perry girl I guess my opinion doesn’t count to the Cain-cultists. ///
*PS-Welcome to the jungle*

annoyinglittletwerp on November 5, 2011 at 12:50 AM

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM

You seem to be easily lead. First you were a Palin-cultist and now you’re a Cain-cultist.
*Don’t bother defriending me. I took care of it already.*

annoyinglittletwerp on November 5, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Once again, Cain hits it out of the park!!!

landlines on November 5, 2011 at 1:05 AM

I lived under four miserable years of Obama.

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Are you a wizard?

JackForce on November 4, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Maybe they’re just an Illinois resident that has had to endure him longer than the rest of us.

electric-rascal on November 5, 2011 at 2:10 AM

lovingmyUSA on November 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM

*Don’t bother defriending me. I took care of it already.*

annoyinglittletwerp on November 5, 2011 at 12:51 AM

You really need to take those blinders off…and up your medication. Your neurotic obsession with calling anyone who is not for “your” candidate a “cultist” is getting old. I find it ironic to see that you say you would stay home if your candidate didnt win the nomination…but yet you call US cultists. I will vote for whomever wins the nomination. Which one is the cultist here? And as for defriending me…whatever. I never defriend anyone for disagreeing with me, even the most fervent liberals who come on my page.

lovingmyUSA on November 5, 2011 at 5:18 AM

Right On, Right On, Right On!

Naturally Curly on November 5, 2011 at 8:57 AM

I look for an Oct surprise each month about all of the candidates until Mitt is the only one standing. Newt is the only one who is a politician and capable of getting in the mud with these libs. Never thought I’d pick another leader from Jawja after the last disaster.

Kissmygrits on November 5, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Herman Cain is my friend.

Let Herman be Herman. He is a good friend.

jimw on November 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

You are lucky to know the man.

Oliver North also has known Cain for many years and said he is the “real deal.”

No matter what happens, Cain will always have my respect and affection.

Elisa on November 4, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Oooooookay then. You are getting a bit culty-worshippy there. Put down the keyboard and get some fresh air. He is just a politician like all the rest of them.

bitsy on November 5, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Frontlash. This will used in ads by Obama to show that Cain is a kook.

Bill C on November 5, 2011 at 10:56 AM

No matter what happens, Cain will always have my respect and affection.

Elisa on November 4, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Yes, because telling the truth is a bad thing.

I got choked up listening to Cain make a baseless charge that a former employee was the source of a story about Cain. And when that employee denied the charge and released reporters from confidentiality to out him then Cain’s manager accepted the denial only to have Cain make the same charge that evening. Of course, you want to give Cain a pass on this episode. Why? Because he makes you emotional. Tingles, there not just for Democrats anymore.

Bill C on November 5, 2011 at 11:01 AM

TXUS on November 4, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Someone questions an alleged lack of Cain’s governing experience and record (which you may not agree with, but are actual legitimate issues to consider) and you respond by impugning character? We have reached Christine O’Donnell land, folks, and it isn’t pretty.

besser tot als rot on November 5, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Let Herman be Herman. He is a good friend.

jimw on November 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

What about his apparently irrational hatred of some conservatives, such as Perry? What if we get on that side of him? How do we avoid that? How did Perry end up there? Because he has a southern accent? If not, why?

besser tot als rot on November 5, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Was your mother frightened by a scary black guy when she was carrying you?

katy the mean old lady on November 4, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Where in the world did that come from? Did I miss something? Is a person now racist here at HA they’re not enamored with Herman Cain? Good Lord.

kg598301 on November 5, 2011 at 11:31 AM

This is hilarious.

ggoofer on November 5, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Yep. All day long.

kg598301 on November 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I realize that this is the type of thing that people like about Cain. It is what I like about Cain. But I would like to see better crisis response from him and I would like to see more substantive plans from him. What does he have other than 999? Which I like in theory, but not in practice (I don’t see how we prevent the Dems from getting their hands on it and using it as a tool to really stick it to the public).

besser tot als rot on November 5, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Yep. All day long.

kg598301 on November 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Very persuasive. You should live somewhere like North Korea where you can force someone to your point of view by threat of death, then you’d never have to crank that tiny brain of yours to actually try to come up with persuasive argument to win people to your side.

besser tot als rot on November 5, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Yep. All day long.

kg598301 on November 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM

besser tot als rot on November 5, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Um. I looked at some of your comments and I admit that I may have misread what I said. Maybe I have the tiny brain. :)

besser tot als rot on November 5, 2011 at 11:43 AM

besser tot als rot on November 5, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Cain’s friendship with Romney and enmity toward Perry are one of my greatest misgivings about Cain. It only makes sense if Cain thought his best chances were as a conservative balance to a Romney presidency. I think a lot of candidates are running for VP, cabinet post, or Fox news commentator.

Bill C on November 5, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Yep. All day long.

kg598301 on November 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM

besser tot als rot on November 5, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Thanks for the visual aid.

kg598301 on November 5, 2011 at 12:00 PM

besser tot als rot on November 5, 2011 at 11:43 AM

No worries, I don’t take anything here personally. :)

kg598301 on November 5, 2011 at 12:09 PM

jimw on November 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Elisa on November 4, 2011 at 11:17 PM

bitsy on November 5, 2011 at 10:33 AM

If someone can’t feel sympathy for this man then all I can say is that they are “heartless.”

lol just kidding. I couldn’t resist that.

All kidding aside, most people (whether they want Cain for President of not, whether they think he handled this well or not) believe that this story is untrue or, at the very least, unfair.

Anonymous accusations with no details that don’t even tell us what he’s accused of. Almost a week later and, even thought he woman has been released by the NRA to discuss this, no one knows what Cain has been accused of doing. Except for Cain remembering talking about the woman being his wife’s height and another incident where he asked a receptionist at a radio station for lemon and honey in his tea.

This story doesn’t pass muster and would never have been published even a decade ago by any credible news source, and no other news source would have picked it up.

Cain isn’t just a “politician,” he is a man. A man that every named person on the record, who worked with him and knows him, says is a good and decent man of integrity. (except for one person, Wilson, who works for Perry’s PAC)

Anyone I respect in the media, who personally knows Cain, says the same thing. I believe him and I will continue to, unless an accuser comes forward with details for me to judge her credibility, along with her own character witnesses for me to judge any veracity.

So I make no apologies for getting choked up a few times this week listening to Cain. The night I first heard the “anonymous” accusations, when I heard him a few days later saying “I don’t know how else to say I am innocent of these accusations”and talking about how worried his wife was about him and when he told Hannity, “thank you, you are a good friend.” It was the way he said it that touched my heart.

I was talking to Jim in my post, who is a friend of Cain’s, and I knew would agree with me. I respect Cain even more after this week. I don’t care if some others here disagree or if a few others want to use the tactic of calling us “cultists.” I don’t need approval for my opinions.

Elisa on November 5, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Bill C on November 5, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Maybe you missed it but I said, “EXCEPT for blaming Anderson, he kept it together.” And earlier in the week I also said that was a mistake, even before Mark Block said it.

I call it as I see it. I can say a candidate I support was wrong or made a mistake and still support them. I can forgive a candidate for not being perfect and making one mistake during such a ridiculous week. I don’t think him changing the “settlement” part of the story once the first day, after remembering the termination agreement with severance, was a mistake, because no one here knows what details, if any, Politico warned Cain they would be talking about. Or if Cain dismissed them as lies, since he knew he did nothing wrong and the investigation found nothing and and there was no “settlement.”

The other mistake made by Cain’s camp this week was when Gordon went on Geraldo the first night it broke. They should just have waited for Cain to talk the next day.

But the entire campaign was prepared from the beginning with the clear statement that Cain “NEVER” sexually harassed anyone, but was falsely accused at the NRA by an employee. That story never changed.

Elisa on November 5, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Bill C on November 5, 2011 at 12:00 PM

It could also just be a personal friendship and respect (or lack thereof) for the man as a person. Not having anything to do with the person’s political views on the issues. I think Cain genuinely likes Romney as a person even though they disagree on issues.

I like Romney as a person, too. But I’d never vote for him in a primary and it will really bother me to have to vote for him in a general.

Elisa on November 5, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Punchenko on November 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM

While I didn’t die, I was one of those men that served for your “rights.” I was serving our country when you were breast feeding. I know, because I have son your age.

Give it a rest. You are not going to persuade others by persistently attacking Cain.

BruthaMan on November 5, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Damn he has Charisma – and he’s a friggin’ blast to hear speak (that’s the preacher in him). Cain is number one on my “have a beer with” list.

Tim_CA on November 5, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Was the Politico article unfair in that it had no details? Absolutely. Do we know, without a doubt, what happened with regards to the two separate sexual harassment charges? No we don’t. And that is a problem. If Cain has come completely clean, and I don’t believe he has said that all of the facts are out there, then we don’t know what happened and there is the potential that more damaging information will be released. You are saying that it won’t be based on your gut feeling about Cain. I am not willing to nominate a candidate who is less than fully candid about his past.

Tingles?

Here is how you say you are innocent. This is what I was accused of doing. I didn’t do it or I don’t think that is harassment. A blanket I am innocent without giving us the details doesn’t fill me with confidence that this episode is over.

Elisa on November 5, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Again, more feelings. There is a template for how to handle charges of a sexual nature. Full disclosure. If you don’t give us the details we assume whatever we want.

Bill C on November 5, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Bill C on November 5, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Do you mean we assume whatever we want about the accusers, or assume whatever we want about Cain, who has already told us everything he knows and remembers absent uncorroborated and unsourced allegations?

gryphon202 on November 5, 2011 at 5:31 PM

If “full disclosure” means assume whatever we want, I’m going to assume that Cain’s accusers are common gold digging $luts who were just tossing around false accusations for the money. Heh.

gryphon202 on November 5, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Amateur Hour.

AYNBLAND on November 4, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Watch him eat your “professionals” lunch. I was skeptical of Cain but I’m coming around.

elfman on November 5, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I was skeptical of Cain but I’m coming around.

elfman on November 5, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Good to know. :) Welcome to the Cain Train.

gryphon202 on November 5, 2011 at 5:59 PM

The only objection I have to this is that Republican attention to the Kochs might spell the end of the hilarious blank stares liberals receive when they intone the name “Koch” in connection to this or that political machination.

It’s been like Rove or Yoo all over again.

HitNRun on November 7, 2011 at 1:02 AM