AP: Third woman comes forward to accuse Cain of harassment; Update: “Positive development” coming? Update: Cain blames Perry camp; Update: Iowa radio host accuses Cain too?

posted at 4:20 pm on November 2, 2011 by Allahpundit

She didn’t file a complaint, but she considered it.

She worked for the National Restaurant Association when he was its head. She told The Associated Press that Cain made sexually suggestive remarks or gestures about the same time that two co-workers had settled separate harassment complaints against him.

The employee described situations in which she said Cain told her he had confided to colleagues how attractive she was and invited her to his corporate apartment outside work. She spoke on condition of anonymity, saying she feared retaliation.

Remember, Cain explained away the incident with one woman as confusion over a gesture he made when showing her how tall his wife is. Not much room for confusion in this third woman’s allegations, though. And here’s something new from the pollster (and Perry supporter) who said earlier today that he saw Cain behave questionably:

Wilson declined to say specifically what Cain said or did to the woman, but that the CEO’s actions made other individuals at the table uneasy.

“It was very uncomfortable,” said the pollster, recalling that other individuals present asked Cain to stop.

Wilson said there were at least three other people at the gathering, but wouldn’t share the name of the woman for publication.

The fact that the third woman never filed a complaint will help Cain a lot, obviously, but we’ve now got four separate people accusing him of inappropriate behavior — the three women plus Wilson — two of whom memorialized their claims with formal complaints long before he ran for president. How much more smoke he can stand before people conclude there must be a fire? Stand by for updates.

Update: Two polling benchmarks for you. He leads the field nationally in Quinnipiac’s new poll with 30 percent to Romney’s 23 and Gingrich’s 10, and he’s the only candidate to have gained this year in Gallup’s measure of positive intensity. Remember those numbers, as they’ll be the yardstick to measure the fallout from this week’s harassment circus after the next polls are taken.

Via Breitbart TV, here was the scene as reporters descended upon him outside an event this morning.

Update: Not sure what this means but let me put it in front of you. From Fox News’s Chad Pergram:

After meeting with Cain, Rep. Gingery says “something coming” from Cain on sexual harassment. Cain said it be “a positive development.”

Question: Who’s more likely to be damaged by all this, Cain himself or whichever rival candidate leaked this story to Politico once we find out who that is? I think the answer depends on whether the woman speak on the record or not. If so, and if they seem credible, it’s Cain. If not, and all we’re left with in this case is a bunch of anonymous accusations, it’s the rival. The base will be incensed at the dirtiness of a trick this dirty unless there’s something very solid to it. I hope for Romney’s and Perry’s sake that they’re not responsible.

Update: The next debate’s going to be amazing.

There, beside rusting rail lines, is the home of OnMessage Inc., a Republican-leaning consulting firm recently hired to bolster Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s presidential campaign.

One of the firm’s partners, Curt Anderson, worked on Cain’s losing 2004 U.S. Senate campaign. Cain thinks he’s the hired political gun who leaked details to Politico, a Washington trade publication, of alleged “sexually suggestive behavior” Cain is said to have exhibited towards two women while he ran the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s. That story set off a media frenzy which has quickly put Cain’s campaign on the defense…

“I told my wife about this in 1999 and I’ve got nothing to hide,” Cain told me Wednesday. “When I sat down with my general campaign consultant Curt Anderson in a private room in our campaign offices in 2003 we discussed opposition research on me. It was a typical campaign conversation. I told him that there was only one case, one set of charges, one woman while I was at the National Restaurant Association. Those charges were baseless, but I thought he needed to know about them. I don’t recall anyone else being in the room when I told him.”…

Aside from knowing about the alleged sexual harassment accusations, Cain campaign officials point to the timing of Anderson’s hiring by Perry as evidence of his involvement. The campaign announced Anderson’s role on October 24, just a week before Politico broke the story.

Anderson denied the accusation to Politico, saying he first heard of the harassment charges on Sunday night when the story broke. Over to you, Rick Perry.

Exit question: You know who this benefits?

Update: I feel dizzy. New from Politico, Iowa radio host Steve Deace says Cain said inappropriate things to two of his staffers too:

“Like awkward/inappropriate things he’s said to two females on my staff, that the fact the guy’s wife is never around…that’s almost always a warning flag to me,” Deace wrote. “But I chose to leave that stuff out [of the opinion piece] and make it about his record and not the personal stuff.”

Pressed about what exactly Cain said to the employees of his show, Deace responded by describing how he himself treats his staff.

“Many a man has been done in by the inability to control his urges,” Deace wrote. “I am no different and just as vulnerable as any other man, which is why I put safeguards around me and hold myself accountable to my wife and other men in my life. Especially since I have very talented employees that happen to be women. I go out of my way to treat them like my sisters. For example, I wouldn’t tell them or any other woman I am not married to nor related to how pretty she is.”

Interestingly, Mark Block made a reference to Deace’s accusations a few days ago at a National Journal event but Deace says neither he nor his staff ever told Block about them. Oh, and here’s the opinion piece to which Deace refers in his Politico interview. He’s not a fan of Cain’s, needless to say.

Update: Erick Erickson wonders why, if Cain knew that former staffers like Anderson knew about the harassment charges, his campaign didn’t have a plan in place to deal with this story when, not if, it finally surfaced.

Update: Newt to the rescue!

“Here’s a situation where we’ve got a guy who’s the front runner for the Republican nomination, has a serious proposal on tax policy: 999, whether you like or dislike it, it is a serious big idea,” Gingrich told Atlanta’s WBS TV, according to ABC News. “He’s out there trying to help a country that’s in desperate trouble, and he has gotten more coverage over the last few days over gossip.”

Update: A good point from Guy Benson:

[Curt] Anderson denying TO POLITICO that he leaked *to* Politico *does* clear him. Unless Politico *wants* to self-destruct.

I.e. unless Politico is willing to knowingly publish false denials from its source, Anderson isn’t its source. Which brings us to another good point, this time from Ace’s co-blogger Drew M.: “So Cain’s story is he remembered to do an oppo dump on himself in 03 for Senate race but not for his ’12 run for POTUS?”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9 10 11

He was contacted by Politico, and reminded of the sexual harassment suit, so no it’s not plausible.

Dr Evil on November 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I think you’re right about that. Thanks for reminding me.

petefrt on November 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Serious question: wft is wrong with you?

Kataklysmic on November 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Serious question: What does “wft” mean?

Christien on November 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM

This is (a) intriguing, but (b) not actually proof that the Perry campaign was dishing “oppo” on Cain. It so happens that I spoke by phone with Mrs. Bolick last year during a visit to Arizona with my blog buddy Barbara Espinosa. Mrs. Bolick is a nice lady, but we are left to wonder where she he might have heard about this “not pretty” opposition research.

Take a look at that tweet sent out on October 28th and then someone tell us who Shawwna Bolick is.

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Allah, your thread has turned into The Jerry Springer Show.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

So is there anyone out there stating what the actual offending gesture or comment was?

Jason Coleman on November 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Fact free zone here, sorry. Your always well researched and sensible comments will be ignored.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Well, Cain did say he had told one gal she was kinda short. I can see why she wanted money, she must have needed to pay for years of shock therapy after hearing that.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

National Journal: Perry Camp Denies Leaking Cain Harassment Story, Fingers Romney Campaign

tetriskid on November 2, 2011 at 6:50 PM

You know, I was thinking, “What could turn this into a bigger clusterbluff?”

KingGold on November 2, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Somedays it just doesn’t pay to have your candidate in the top-tier…

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Herman Cain is the Godfather of Grope. Do I have proof? No, I don’t — but Herman and mouth-breathing stooge, Mark Block, have proven that you don’t need proof to make despicable, baseless accusations.

Shame on you, Herman Cain! Shame on you and the book tour you rode in on!

Punchenko on November 2, 2011 at 7:30 PM

“Hi Mom!”

Seven Percent Solution on November 2, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I think it is unfortunate that Mr. Cain wouldn’t give Gov. Perry the benefit of the doubt on the still unseen painted stone and then accuses him of leaking this story. I may never vote again.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Allah, your thread has turned into The Jerry Springer Show.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

I haven’t thrown a chair yet. *throws chair*

OK, now it’s Jerry Springer.

Punchenko on November 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Oh MY!

It looks like Newt is the primary beneficiary behind Cain’s implosion.

Kermit on November 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Are we sure Mark Block is in charge of the Cain campaign?

I think it’s actually CHARLIE SHEEN!

WINNING!

LOL

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

bridgetown on November 2, 2011 at 7:05 PM

“Happily married men” do not invite women to their hotel rooms. That is among the accusations.

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I’m waiting for Saint Herb’s evidence that Perry Inc. is responsible.

Punchenko on November 2, 2011 at 6:56 PM
Yeah I’d like it too.

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Hell, I’ve been looking for two days for any kind of facts.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

You need to go to Ace of Spades and check out his lates post..:)

PS..Some of the comments are hilarious..:)

Dire Straits on November 2, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Okay the closing with a song and jazz hands comment was pretty dang funny.

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

(Politics) A two handed game in which mudballs are trump. “From Wileys dictionary”

jistincase on November 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Unless, of course, that Perry has proof ;)

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I haven’t thrown a chair yet. *throws chair*

OK, now it’s Jerry Springer.

Punchenko on November 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I knew you’d come through!:D
Now where’s that little Chudi weasel?

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I am so weary of this story….can we please change the subject? A migraine, a rock, sexual harassment, …good grief, we need something substantial to talk about. Right now, we got nuthin’.

herm2416 on November 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

O/T: Red Meat!

Chris Matthews at the end of Hardball tonight to Barack Obama: “Fess up and admit the stimulus was a failure.” (paraphrased)

Matthews also said the JFK admitted it was his mistake in the Bay of Pigs fiasco, and Obama should admit he also has made this mistake wasting a trillion dollars. (also pped)

Rovin on November 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Never wait for facts and verification, rumor and innuendo will always serve just as well. So much for conservatism.

Can the GOP blow 2012 like they blew 1948?

Why yes, yes they can…

ajacksonian on November 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Hell, I’ve been looking for two days for any kind of facts.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

To be honest I really haven’t been following this since it first broke. Didn’t really care and still really don’t.

I care about the Perry claim though.

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I haven’t thrown a chair yet. *throws chair*

OK, now it’s Jerry Springer.

Punchenko on November 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Naw, that’s more Geraldo shtick, not Springer.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Bro – GW Bush had more evidence of WMD’s than Cain has for Perry planting this story.

Probably half the people in the NRA headquarters knew about this – as well as all the families and friends of the two women.

And … REVELATION – Cain says he told his wife.

I now allege that Cain’s wife is the source of the rumors – because she doesn’t want her husband to become President. My proof? Heh – look – she won’t help his campaign.

MYSTERY SOLVED WITH JUST AS MUCH REAL EVIDENCE AS HERMAN CAIN HAS!

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Err, you brought up teh gheyz. I agree with you we shouldn’t condemn Rick for the choices he has made in his private life (not that there’s anything wrong with that). Live and let live, y’know.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I guess you don’t have enough braincells to remember bringing it up first. That’s another thing you share with chupachudi.

cozmo on November 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM

The “actual victim” is right now trying to get the agreement waived so that she can go on the record. It will happen.

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I think that “victim” has decided to change her mind. Keep up.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Herman Cain “Logic”

SAINT HERMAN: I ALLEGE THAT HOME FIRES ARE CAUSED BY FIRE TRUCKS! How do I know this? Fool – just look at any burning house and you’ll see a fire truck in front of it. IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE!

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:37 PM

I think that “victim” has decided to change her mind. Keep up.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM

How do you know that? Did you talk to her are you going on a news report? How do you Cainlusionals condemn all these stories on one hand – and then cite them as proof on the other?

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM

The Chinese are going nuclear over this news.

profitsbeard on November 2, 2011 at 7:19 PM

ROFLOL! Thanks :o)

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 7:39 PM

BILL CLINTON: The accusations of adultery are baseless – and planted by the Republicans.

SAINT HERMAN: The accusations of sexual harrassment are baseless – and planted by Rick Perry!

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Now where’s that little Chudi weasel?

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Somewhere, doing down twinkles

Dr Evil on November 2, 2011 at 7:40 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM

cozmo on November 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Ah, so you’re obsessed with searching for stuff on teh gheyz? Eh, everybody needs I hobby I suppose and , if you’re a fan of Rick’s, it’s an apt choice. So enjoy!

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Shawwna is running Perry’s campaign in Arizona.

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM

MEANWHILE, in other news …

Peace-loving OWSers in Oakland have taken hostages, breaking windows.
Nastiness in SF, too.
IBD on FB has links, but I’m having trouble getting iPad to select ‘em, atm.

pambi on November 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM

BARACK OBAMA: Yes, a lot of the opposition to me is based on racism.

SAINT HERMAN: Yes, these allegations against me are based in RACISM!

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Shawwna is running Perry’s campaign in Arizona.

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Who cares – can you prove she talked to Politico?

I’m all ears.

Dude – it now appears that at least a hundred people knew about this – any of whom could have tipped off Politico including Cain’s own wife.

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I’m so sad.
Mr. Herman Cain….PLEASE …Go Home. Get a good night’s rest…or two…..figure yourself out…get a grip on facts from yeeeaaarsss ago…and then some. Please look into anything else the world can throw against you. Man up, get some rest and come back out.

Otherwise….we may as well run Kim Kardashian for POTUS. It’s not a far cry from Barack Obama. :::::sigh::::

bridgetown on November 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

EVERYONE with the least little connection, including Ace of Spades, knew stuff would eventually come out. Just because a Perry supporter heard of this before the report came out, doesn’t mean they were behind it. Just well connected. Besides, you last night were blaming Romney. LOL.

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Nah, happened to notice it when you tried, again, to attack Perry with it. All the rest of your attacks got so lame, you went with stuff even KBH considered to thin…and low. But not for you, its just your speed. A third thing you share with chupachudi.

cozmo on November 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Are we sure Mark Block is in charge of the Cain campaign?

I think it’s actually CHARLIE SHEEN!

WINNING!

LOL

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Tiger blood!

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Clarence Thomas, Part 2

maybe there’s an old pizza box with evidence somewhere?

gordo on November 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I think the leaker is someone tied to the Obama campaign.

Look at what they’ve been able to do. The candidates are blaming each other, the base is at each other and fractured and they come out smelling like a rose.

Piss off everybody, make no one excited to vote and then you have a better chance to squeak by.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Yep, he’s acting like every rotten liberal we know. Plus, he gets to play the race-card on top of it, something poor Slick Willy couldn’t do.

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I want the so-called victim to come out. That way we can also investigate her and her background. She probably thinks the media will protect her, but wait till she comes out and they go to town on her.

Chudi on November 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Linked and dicussed earlier.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM

+1 for calling out the pop-cultural allusion fail.

Christien on November 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Okay the closing with a song and jazz hands comment was pretty dang funny.

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Yes that was very funny..:)

Dire Straits on November 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Yep, Cain is trying Scooter Libby – Rick Perry. Richard Armitage outed Plame, but Libby is the one who was punished.

I don’t doubt that all the campaigns have done their opposition research, and knew about the sexual harassment suit. That doesn’t mean that the Perry camp pulled the trigger.

People seem to think that exposing this “REAL” incident in Cain’s past is some how taboo, but that’s not how political races, and vetting a candidate works. Nothing is off limits, it’s just the nature of politics in America.

Dr Evil on November 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM

If you think this helps Rick Perry, think again.
If you think Cain supporters will jump back on the Rick Perry wagon, think again.

If Ace thinks calling Herman Cain a “dumb F#ck” to endear us to Rick Perry, think again.

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM

CBS News: Perry camp denies leaking explosive Cain story….and passes blame to Romney camp.

Desert Gardens on November 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Chudi on November 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Real simple way for that to happen… let Herman Cain go to the NRA, and publicly ask them to rescind the NDA.

Are ya prepared to do that Herman?

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 7:52 PM

bleh

and

meh

John the Libertarian on November 2, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Chudi on November 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM

You are slippin’ chudi. Nothing about racist moron Perry. What’s the matter, you and whatta’cattoy running out of Romney supplied material?

Go fluff.

cozmo on November 2, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Hadn’t thought about any of that – but it’s pretty much proof positive that Curt Anderson’s not the source as Cain alleges.

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Desert Gardens on November 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM

No doubt that’s exactly what Cain knew the Perry camp would do. Clever.

Christien on November 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM

It looks like Newt is the primary beneficiary behind Cain’s implosion.

Kermit on November 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

LOL… just wait till they dredge out his baggage. Cain cannot hold a candle to Newt when it comes to scandals.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Abamdon ship, guys. We got a Palin thread!

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Nope. It’s some sleazy lawyer who’s trying to stir the anti-Cain pot, the “victim” wants nothing to do with it.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Doesn’t matter – Newt’s baggage has been well known for a long time – and people are a bit used to it.

Cain’s is brand new – and he refuses to let the facts get into the open. He should have released all the information immediately – and asked the NRA to release these women to tell their story. He’d have looked a lot better – too late.

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Sorry AG, but you are wrong on that. I don’t blame you for using female logic on that but plenty of happily married men have screwed around.

BierManVA on November 2, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Drip, drip, drip………buh bye Cain.

PappyD61 on November 2, 2011 at 8:02 PM

“Where’s the beef?”

Look, you got my attention. You say Cain said something inappropriate to your staff. What did he say?

Your response is to talk about how you would never call one of your staff pretty?

What does that mean? Answer the question. What exactly did Cain say?

Going by your response it sounds like he told one of your staff that she was pretty. That’s the standard for sexual harassment now?

What did he say exactly? Why won’t anyone give an exact statement on what he said? Why is it always “not overtly sexual” but “made people uncomfortable”?

What I’m getting out of this is that Cain complements women on their appearance. That’s supposed to disqualify him from being President?

Sackett on November 2, 2011 at 8:03 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Whoa – you talk to these women now and KNOW what they’re thinking?

Coooool

You Cainlusionals and your Jedi mind tricks!

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:03 PM

BierManVA on November 2, 2011 at 8:02 PM

It takes two to make a marriage happy. If one party is screwing around, the other party is not happy.

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Sackett on November 2, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Well – the women haven’t told their stories yet.

Patience – they will. Not saying there is anything to them – it’s just that no one can say for sure one way or the other until we hear all sides of the story.

You guys are right in saying that no one should jump to condemn Cain just yet.

But equally true – the Cainlusionals can’t pretend they know that there is nothing here.

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Not really. Who actually believes that if someone is sleazy enough to be a dirty-trickster that he wouldn’t also lie about his involvement?

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM

If one party is screwing around, the other party is not happy.

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 8:04 PM

On that I agree.

BierManVA on November 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Shut up, you’re making too much sense.

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I’m still writing Perry off. You think he’s going to benefit if Cain really does implode? You’ve got another thing coming. And I’m no big fan of any of these people in the GOP field; I have no dog in the fight.

ddrintn on November 2, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Yes, Perry is going to benefit whether or not Cain implodes.

The Perry that was quickly framed and sold to the GOP electorate by his rivals was one who had only accomplished two things: Gardasil and the Texas Dream Act.

No wonder he went down in the polls after not-so-good debate performances.

And you know who benefited? Herman Cain.

Now Perry is out telling his own story through his ads and on-the-ground campaigning.

And that cannot be spun by his rivals. As more and more people get acquainted with his successful record, they will move back to him.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Abamdon ship, guys. We got a Palin thread!

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Does this mean there are Cain supporters that are like the Palin supporters here? I have no idea so just asking.

Gob on November 2, 2011 at 8:09 PM

He told one woman that his favorite position is sixty nine-nine-nine.

Mark1971 on November 2, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Worth another chortle.

onlineanalyst on November 2, 2011 at 8:09 PM

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:03 PM

whatta’sillycattoy is a Romney nut in Cain cloak.

It’s real passion though is Perry hatin’.

cozmo on November 2, 2011 at 8:11 PM

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Yep, especially when rumors are afoot that Mr. Cain might have a problem with women and drinks.

Not a good combination – those two. :)

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Abamdon ship, guys. We got a Palin thread!

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Nope, not going anywhere. I’m having way too much fun with this Cain thread.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Sackett on November 2, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Maybe complements like: “You look sexy tonight and you are about the same height as my wife. Can we meet up in my hotel room?”

Bwa ha ha ha…

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:16 PM

And I would like to remind people (not that I should have to) all this Cain crap is disgusting (the media feast) when in contrast to what the Dems/Obama get away with. I’ll site the first few days of Weiner. In the end he got what he deserved BUT there were pictures and Weiner was inherently unlikable on BOTH sides.

And I would also site how this disgusting media has not even pressed their gnashers down on Pigford, Fast and Furious, Solyndra and LightSquared (and all the other stupid greenie companies given gubmint bucks and only to end up insolvent). They don’t even hide it anymore. The Right MUST fight back harder in this regard!

The double-standard is disgusting and unfair. Even IF Cain acted like a carbon copy of BillyJeff, in contrast, it is disgusting and Conservatives should be focusing on that. It’s an outrage I sometimes think Conservatives don’t fight harder against.

Gob on November 2, 2011 at 8:18 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Whoa – you talk to these women now and KNOW what they’re thinking?
HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Nope. No need to read minds for those of us who know how to read the papers.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Yay! Bachmann is piling on, too!

Tardasil!

John the Libertarian on November 2, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Nope. No need to read minds for those of us who know how to read the papers.

“Despite her lawyer’s claims, a woman who accused Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual harassment in the 1990s is reluctant to talk about the episode in public.”

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Playing hard to get just increases her selling price… well-known trick in the business of “selling one’s story for cash”.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:25 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Shut up, you’re making too much sense.
Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Com’n – just because someone is up to sleazy no-good political dirty tricks that doesn’t mean than he would lie!
:D

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Gob on November 2, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Cite, not site.

Christien on November 2, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Dr. Evil

What suit? You’ve made that up from whole cloth! (Pun intended)

electric-rascal on November 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM

They’re using the same playbook that they used on Tiger WoodsSarah Palin.

El_Terrible on November 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

fixed

cableguy615 on November 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:25 PM

At least we all agree that greed is the motivation on this.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:29 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Yes. I’m quite sure we can count on her silence for the next year…

/you’rekiddingright

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Second look at Buddy Roemer?

SlaveDog on November 2, 2011 at 8:29 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Gee, I wonder why?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 8:29 PM

What suit? You’ve made that up from whole cloth! (Pun intended)
electric-rascal on November 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Darn you and your needling!!

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM

And that Politico would print it, knowing with absolute certainty that it was a lie? Thus handing Curt Anderson the ultimate blackmail tool to use against them at his will?

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 8:31 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Gee, I wonder why?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Or possibly, as one columnist I read opined, “Herman Cain’s accuser is refusing to speak. Sure, she probably saw what happened to Rick Perry’s popularity as soon as he started opening his mouth.”

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Clinton allegedly raped a woman and that was no cause of concern for the liberal media. Case closed on Cain.

eaglewingz08 on November 2, 2011 at 8:33 PM

At least we all agree that greed is the motivation on this.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Well, it does help her that she had a story to sell in the first place.

Come on, Cainiacs, one accusation of sexual harassment is usually enough to sink some political careers. It’s now number three (or is four) for Cain and still counting and you still believe there is nothing to it?

Hmmm… could be but I wouldn’t bank my savings on it.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:34 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM

LOL – were you on the Spanish Inquisition? Here’s a turnabout for you – who’s to say that if the guy is actually not involved – he’d tell the truth about that?

I love you Cainlusionals. Hey – I have an idea – let’s tie Rick Perry up in a sack, weigh it down with concrete – throw him in the water – and if he drowns he’s guilty!

LOL

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:35 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:33 PM

How would Perry’s poor debate performance influence a woman’s decision to come forward?

You’re delusional.

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Were approaching almost 900 comments on this story, lol. Wow.

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Contrary to the old adage, there is some honor among thieves. Not much, to be sure, but enough to have kept the liberal media afloat for decades. It’s not as if we haven’t seen the media quite willingly and happily fib their way through a “good narrative” before. That particular virginity is long gone.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM

So, all these sexual harassment complaints came only from the NRA and from none of the above listed places he has worked? How odd.

moonsbreath

Here’s what likely happened. For some reason, one woman there made a claim, and got paid for it. The second woman, possible friends with the first, hears about it, decides she wants to get paid too, files her own claim, and gets paid too. Third woman hears about all this easy money flying around, and says “Damn, I want some money too”, thinks about it, but gets cold feet for one reason or another, and never follows through.

She regrets not going through with it all those years ago, so she comes out today with her claim in the hopes that seeing herself mentioned in the news will somehow make her feel better. It won’t. That’s why we’ll see her going public soon, because she’ll be selling her story to some news agency to get the money she didn’t get all those years ago.

xblade on November 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Or maybe she won’t step forward because she has something to hide?

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Hmmm… could be but I wouldn’t bank my savings on it.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I’d like to see ‘em put their money where their mouth is. If they’re so sure there’s nothing to this – maybe they should agree to leave HA if something’s proven?

And before anyone asks me if I’m willing to do likewise if nothing is proven. Uhm no … I’m not alleging that there’s anything to these complaints. My allegations center around Cain being a clueless clown (proven correct on that) … and I want to see all sides of the story before judging anyone.

Not Cainlusionals … nope … nosir … noway … nowhow – nuttin to see here our boy says ain’t nuthin goin’ on!

Kinda the way Holder says there’s nothing to his involvement in Fast and Furious!

LOL