AP: Third woman comes forward to accuse Cain of harassment; Update: “Positive development” coming? Update: Cain blames Perry camp; Update: Iowa radio host accuses Cain too?

posted at 4:20 pm on November 2, 2011 by Allahpundit

She didn’t file a complaint, but she considered it.

She worked for the National Restaurant Association when he was its head. She told The Associated Press that Cain made sexually suggestive remarks or gestures about the same time that two co-workers had settled separate harassment complaints against him.

The employee described situations in which she said Cain told her he had confided to colleagues how attractive she was and invited her to his corporate apartment outside work. She spoke on condition of anonymity, saying she feared retaliation.

Remember, Cain explained away the incident with one woman as confusion over a gesture he made when showing her how tall his wife is. Not much room for confusion in this third woman’s allegations, though. And here’s something new from the pollster (and Perry supporter) who said earlier today that he saw Cain behave questionably:

Wilson declined to say specifically what Cain said or did to the woman, but that the CEO’s actions made other individuals at the table uneasy.

“It was very uncomfortable,” said the pollster, recalling that other individuals present asked Cain to stop.

Wilson said there were at least three other people at the gathering, but wouldn’t share the name of the woman for publication.

The fact that the third woman never filed a complaint will help Cain a lot, obviously, but we’ve now got four separate people accusing him of inappropriate behavior — the three women plus Wilson — two of whom memorialized their claims with formal complaints long before he ran for president. How much more smoke he can stand before people conclude there must be a fire? Stand by for updates.

Update: Two polling benchmarks for you. He leads the field nationally in Quinnipiac’s new poll with 30 percent to Romney’s 23 and Gingrich’s 10, and he’s the only candidate to have gained this year in Gallup’s measure of positive intensity. Remember those numbers, as they’ll be the yardstick to measure the fallout from this week’s harassment circus after the next polls are taken.

Via Breitbart TV, here was the scene as reporters descended upon him outside an event this morning.

Update: Not sure what this means but let me put it in front of you. From Fox News’s Chad Pergram:

After meeting with Cain, Rep. Gingery says “something coming” from Cain on sexual harassment. Cain said it be “a positive development.”

Question: Who’s more likely to be damaged by all this, Cain himself or whichever rival candidate leaked this story to Politico once we find out who that is? I think the answer depends on whether the woman speak on the record or not. If so, and if they seem credible, it’s Cain. If not, and all we’re left with in this case is a bunch of anonymous accusations, it’s the rival. The base will be incensed at the dirtiness of a trick this dirty unless there’s something very solid to it. I hope for Romney’s and Perry’s sake that they’re not responsible.

Update: The next debate’s going to be amazing.

There, beside rusting rail lines, is the home of OnMessage Inc., a Republican-leaning consulting firm recently hired to bolster Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s presidential campaign.

One of the firm’s partners, Curt Anderson, worked on Cain’s losing 2004 U.S. Senate campaign. Cain thinks he’s the hired political gun who leaked details to Politico, a Washington trade publication, of alleged “sexually suggestive behavior” Cain is said to have exhibited towards two women while he ran the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s. That story set off a media frenzy which has quickly put Cain’s campaign on the defense…

“I told my wife about this in 1999 and I’ve got nothing to hide,” Cain told me Wednesday. “When I sat down with my general campaign consultant Curt Anderson in a private room in our campaign offices in 2003 we discussed opposition research on me. It was a typical campaign conversation. I told him that there was only one case, one set of charges, one woman while I was at the National Restaurant Association. Those charges were baseless, but I thought he needed to know about them. I don’t recall anyone else being in the room when I told him.”…

Aside from knowing about the alleged sexual harassment accusations, Cain campaign officials point to the timing of Anderson’s hiring by Perry as evidence of his involvement. The campaign announced Anderson’s role on October 24, just a week before Politico broke the story.

Anderson denied the accusation to Politico, saying he first heard of the harassment charges on Sunday night when the story broke. Over to you, Rick Perry.

Exit question: You know who this benefits?

Update: I feel dizzy. New from Politico, Iowa radio host Steve Deace says Cain said inappropriate things to two of his staffers too:

“Like awkward/inappropriate things he’s said to two females on my staff, that the fact the guy’s wife is never around…that’s almost always a warning flag to me,” Deace wrote. “But I chose to leave that stuff out [of the opinion piece] and make it about his record and not the personal stuff.”

Pressed about what exactly Cain said to the employees of his show, Deace responded by describing how he himself treats his staff.

“Many a man has been done in by the inability to control his urges,” Deace wrote. “I am no different and just as vulnerable as any other man, which is why I put safeguards around me and hold myself accountable to my wife and other men in my life. Especially since I have very talented employees that happen to be women. I go out of my way to treat them like my sisters. For example, I wouldn’t tell them or any other woman I am not married to nor related to how pretty she is.”

Interestingly, Mark Block made a reference to Deace’s accusations a few days ago at a National Journal event but Deace says neither he nor his staff ever told Block about them. Oh, and here’s the opinion piece to which Deace refers in his Politico interview. He’s not a fan of Cain’s, needless to say.

Update: Erick Erickson wonders why, if Cain knew that former staffers like Anderson knew about the harassment charges, his campaign didn’t have a plan in place to deal with this story when, not if, it finally surfaced.

Update: Newt to the rescue!

“Here’s a situation where we’ve got a guy who’s the front runner for the Republican nomination, has a serious proposal on tax policy: 999, whether you like or dislike it, it is a serious big idea,” Gingrich told Atlanta’s WBS TV, according to ABC News. “He’s out there trying to help a country that’s in desperate trouble, and he has gotten more coverage over the last few days over gossip.”

Update: A good point from Guy Benson:

[Curt] Anderson denying TO POLITICO that he leaked *to* Politico *does* clear him. Unless Politico *wants* to self-destruct.

I.e. unless Politico is willing to knowingly publish false denials from its source, Anderson isn’t its source. Which brings us to another good point, this time from Ace’s co-blogger Drew M.: “So Cain’s story is he remembered to do an oppo dump on himself in 03 for Senate race but not for his ’12 run for POTUS?”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10 11

Hell, I’ve been looking for two days for any kind of facts.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM

To be honest I really haven’t been following this since it first broke. Didn’t really care and still really don’t.

I care about the Perry claim though.

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Of course not. Just wait until they come for your candidate.

It doesn’t matter who is it, we should all be smarter than this for ALL the candidates.

kim roy on November 2, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Or possibly, as one columnist I read opined, “Herman Cain’s accuser is refusing to speak. Sure, she probably saw what happened to Rick Perry’s popularity as soon as he started opening his mouth.”

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:33 PM

How would Perry’s poor debate performance influence a woman’s decision to come forward?
You’re delusional.
HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:37 PM

As I said, that was a columnist’s observation, not mine. So all props and hats off to him!

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:41 PM

The GOP will betray you

True_King on November 2, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Or maybe she won’t step forward because she has something to hide?

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM

So if she DOES step forward then you’ll agree you’re FOS? :D

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Now Cain is saying Rahm Emanual did it. Not even joking:

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Aaaaaaannnnnnnd we are headed into Day 5 of Hurricain: Lessons in Crisis Management from a Management Genius (Just Ask Him).

DVD’s of the current lesson can be purchased for $99.99, in the gift shop…

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Has this been posted yet?

Not only are they blaming Perry but now they are blaming Rahm too?

OY!

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Has this been posted yet?

Not only are they blaming Perry but now they are blaming Rahm too?

OY!

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Is it wrong to be enjoying this as much as I am?

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Now Cain is saying Rahm Emanual did it. Not even joking:

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM

LOL – great minds think alike

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 8:45 PM

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Can’t even spell his name correctly. LOL!

Christien on November 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM

You got proof to back up your claim that the lawyer’s “sleazy”?

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Is it wrong to be enjoying this as much as I am?

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 8:45 PM

No because it’s funny in a bizarre absurd type of way.

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Now Cain is saying Rahm Emanual did it. Not even joking:
nswider on November 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Eh, another anon source based claim, not very solid. On this question we really need either the candidate or a spokesperson for a source.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Of course not. Just wait until they come for your candidate.

kim roy on November 2, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Cain’s sinking himself for crying out loud.

He knew about this all along. He says he told it to Anderson in 2003 because he thought it might be an issue in his FAILED Senate campaign.

He was warned TEN DAYS before the story came out this time by Politico and all he could manage was a befuddled response when the story finally did.

And he’s changed his story … “I didn’t know there was a settlement” … “I did know there was a settlement” … hell – he knew there was a settlement all along becauseh he claims he told Arthur in 2003 but when Fox asks him this year it’s like “Oh dear I hope there was no settlement – I didn’t know about it – hope it wasn’t for much cuz I didn’t do nuthin!”

LOL

And now … he says a report will come out to clear him of the sexual harassment allegations – what does that report turn out to be? A circumstantial claim that Perry planted this story – LOL – that has nothing to with whether or not Cain sexually harassed anyone!

Weak Cain – weak.

Cain’s his own worst enemy. I have a crying towel for you Cainlusionals – please accept it – your pain is only beginning!

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Of course not. Just wait until they come for your candidate.

kim roy on November 2, 2011 at 8:41 PM

They have already come for my candidate – many times.

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Christien on November 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Really, enjoying a typo that much?

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Unless Perry and Rham were working together Cain has some ‘splaining to do

Zetterson on November 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Allah, your thread has turned into The Jerry Springer Show.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Nope, with all the accusations of the paternity of these claims, I’d say it’s Maury!

Sekhmet on November 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 8:45 PM

At the same time too! That’s pretty funny.

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Proof Cain’s a LIAR:

First he tells the media that he didn’t know there was a settlement.

Then, when he’s cornered – he admits there was a settlement. Let’s see – a guy in NRA told him about the settlement – and he remembered it in 2003 when he says he told Arthur about it … but then he forgets it in 2011, even after Politico reminds him of it 10 days earlier ….

LIAR.

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:50 PM

“Happily married men” do not invite women to their hotel rooms. That is among the accusations.

Aslans Girl

Meanwhile, back in the real world…..

xblade on November 2, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Proof, lady, proof. Did you record these alleged conversations? Did you tell anyone else at the time about these alleged comments by Cain? Why did you not report him to HR at the time. Whom are you supporting, if anyone, in the presidential race for 2012? How do you generally vote, Democrat or Republican?

Sleazy, to the nth degree.

TXUS on November 2, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Were approaching almost 900 comments on this story, lol. Wow.

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I wonder if it’ll get to the fabled 999? ;)

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Sleazy, to the nth degree.

TXUS on November 2, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Sleazy or the blogs and media who perpetuate it? Or the people who jump for joy thinking it helps their candidate or it won’t happen to their said candidate?

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 8:54 PM

DVD’s of the current lesson can be purchased for $99.99, in the gift shop…

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Actually, kudos to you for predicting this. I recall you saying something about a 10-day crisis period. Could you please repeat that?

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:55 PM

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM

OMG. Hurricain has been upgraded at least one level. Batten down the hatches! ;)

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 8:55 PM

The GOP will betray you

True_King on November 2, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Ya think?

bw222 on November 2, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Please man – I’m starting to “get off” on your tears.

Wanna blame someone – blame Cain.

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I wonder if it’ll get to the fabled 999? ;)

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 8:52 PM

LOL… thread winner!

AllahP, by special request, please close this thread and restart another once we hit 999 comments.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Sleazy, to the nth degree.

TXUS on November 2, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Afterwards, she also confessed to being the real killer for whom OJ was looking.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 8:57 PM

“999″ is the number of excuses Cain has for his F*** ups.

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Allah, your thread has turned into The Jerry Springer Show.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Is this because Cain is under fire? Sure you will feel the same way if it was Perry?

LOL…

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Sleazy, to the nth degree.

TXUS on November 2, 2011 at 8:51 PM

How can proof be provided when Herman Cain won’t remove the gag from these women’s mouths?

Don’t worry – they’ll be talking soon enough. :D

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM

If anyone knows about pain, it’s a LaRaza Rick fan. The past six weeks have been brutal.

bw222 on November 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I think that Ron Paul is behind the whole brouhaha because no one is paying attention to him.

onlineanalyst on November 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Of course not. Just wait until they come for your candidate.

kim roy on November 2, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Cain’s sinking himself for crying out loud.

LOL

Weak Cain – weak.

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM

You really are a fool. You mistake concern for the conservative brand as being a “cainlusional”. Speaking only for myself and I assume that by using “your” you mean me, I only care that this BS is hurting conservatism and making us (conservatives) look like morons. This is not the way to convince people to come to our side.

I’m furious that none of these clowns can provide a coherent thought, definitive policies or a stable campaign.

I know that’s a difficult concept for you – to actually care about conservatism and not kneepad for a particular candidate, but do try to think outside your wee worldview.

kim roy on November 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM

You guys are cracking me up, this is too funny.

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Is it really too late for new candidates to enter the race? this is beyond pathetic.

neuquenguy on November 2, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Good interview from Gov. Perry so far on Hannity!

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 9:03 PM

You guys are cracking me up, this is too funny.

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I wish the next debate was tomorrow.

Of course by next week it might be Lindsay Lohan told John Boehner who told Rush Limbaugh who told Sarah Palin who told Sean Hannity who told Alan Colmes who told David Axelrod who told Rahm who told this Anderson guy who told Perry’s camp about the allegations.

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Yes, it is. I think the last date that someone could file in SC was 10/31.

Voter from WA State on November 2, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Wonderful. We are as bankrupt as the Dems…

neuquenguy on November 2, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Don’t worry – they’ll be talking soon enough. :D

HondaV65 on November 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM

This third woman, of which I speak, had never made a report to HR or even filed a claim for SH, so there was no agreement or confidentiality provision to be waived. While I’m not supporting Cain at this time, it pisses me off for the media to even publish such an unfounded, after-the-fact allegation when this woman didn’t feel the need to make a report at the time the incidents were alleged to have occurred.

TXUS on November 2, 2011 at 9:08 PM

kim roy on November 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Kim, the problem is that for some people there never will be anyone conservative enough for them.

Voter from WA State on November 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM

At this point I’d be okay with someone who stood for something, a coherent message that they could convey without embarrassing themselves and a bit of grace.

kim roy on November 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Good interview from Gov. Perry so far on Hannity!
Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 9:03 PM

He just mentioned that making illegals into citizens was part of his rationale for his tuition for illegals program.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I need to remind folks again. The org that broke this story originally is mothafreakin’ POLITICO!

Any Republican who would use Politico to leak a story would be a freakin MORON!

Use your brains, peeps. The leaker is probably a Democrat, trying to set us at one anothers’ throats (again) while knocking down a front-runner.

Means
Motive
Opportunity

The Dems have all three.

Sekhmet on November 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Voter from WA State on November 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM

No, the problem is that the GOP has drifted so far left that most of the politicians in it aren’t even close to being conservative. The party is bankrupt of ideas and bankrupt of principles. The situation for the US had deteriorated so far that a Romney style ‘Whiter Shade of Pale’ Democrat-lite won’t do anything to change the dynamic. We need a statesman and and what we have are clowns pretending to be conservatives in a desperate attempt to garner votes for their own cheap political ambitions.

sharrukin on November 2, 2011 at 9:10 PM

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Of course not. Just wait until they come for your candidate.

kim roy on November 2, 2011 at 8:41 PM

They have already come for my candidate – many times.

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM

LOL… I wonder where kim roy has been this primary season.

Gardasil, Texas Dream Act, debate pile-ons, Politico articles like “Is Rick Perry dumb?”, sixty (60) hit pieces from Jennifer Rubin of Washington Post, “racist rock” hit piece with the follow-up pile-on from Cain/Bachmann/Santorum/Romney, Perry accused of being drunk at NH, Romney exploiting “Social Security is a Ponzi scheme” quote in Florida, etc….

It’s amazing he is not polling below Marco Huntsman at this stage of the race… and do note that all these occured within a month-and-half of Rick Perry entering the race.

Mr. Cain is now going through his first major scandal and he’s already whining?

Hasn’t he heard that politics is no bean bag? Oh wait! He has zero experience in politics!

And guess who told Perry to toughen up when he was under attack.

Via the Houston Chronicle, Mike Huckabee pushed back on Anita Perry’s suggestion that her husband has been “brutalized” because of his faith, in an interview with Bill O’Reilly:

“Rick Perry’s numbers are down because his debate performances have been extremely less than spectacular, and I’m being charitable,” said Huckabee, continuing a fractious relationship with Perry. “Gov. Perry started at the top … but his repeat debate performances and the fact that he has not been able to find his footing on some key issues has just made people start looking elsewhere.”

(snip)

“It’s not about religion. It’s about the fact that running for president is like sticking your face in the blade of a fan,” Huckabee said. “Don’t try that at home. … It’s not pretty but folks, running for president is not a chess game it is a full contact sport played without pads.”

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Any Republican who would use Politico to leak a story would be a freakin MORON!
Sekhmet on November 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I have no idea why the guy would be on any Republican’s staff.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Good interview from Gov. Perry so far on Hannity!
Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 9:03 PM

While still propping up the Texas Dream Act.

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 9:11 PM

I should have added to my comment @9:10pm:

I wonder what Mr. Huckabee has to say to Mr. Cain, who is now under attack. I am guessing he will blame Perry too.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I’m coming into this thread cold, but has someone explained yet how it’s possible for a person who claims to have been sexually harassed to not remember if it was something Cain did, or something he said? ‘I’m sorry, I don’t remember whether his uninvited proposition came out of his mouth, or from a rude hand gesture – all I remember is that that cad propositioned me without my approval! Hmph!!!’ LOL

This story is getting even more ridiculous. If it turns out that either Romney’s camp or Perry’s camp is behind this, I’ll place my chips on it being Perry’s. Why, you’re asking? 1) I already know how sleazy, amoral, and unconcerned with linear thinking Ray Sullivan is; 2) Ray Sullivan denies it was Perry’s camp, but instead of showing sustained outrage at a “false accusation”, he immediately insinuates that Romney’s camp was behind this instead? LOL I love how the PerryKrishnas screech like bleating pigs when they perceive that Perry’s on the receiving end of it, but either stay silent or applaud when other candidates are – I must admit, I’d expect no less than that from cultists! :)

Oh, how convenient would it be for Mr. Sullivan to have the 2 candidates running far ahead of Perry out of the race. Sullivan’s attempt to divert attention towards Romney’s camp is pretty damn incriminating, as it makes me suspect that he’s involved somehow, whereas I wouldn’t have thought so otherwise. Thanks for putting the idea in my mind, Sullivan – I see that you’re following the example Bobble Head set when he inadvertantly, clumsily, and stupidly tipped us off during the ‘Gardisal’ debate that he is able to bought off. :)

Bizarro No. 1 on November 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM

well here’s another statement from the Cain camp

dont think its gonna help matters any.

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM

While still propping up the Texas Dream Act.

Knucklehead on November 2, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Have you ever heard him apologize for passing it? He and the Texas legislators that passed it stand by it. Go cry somewhere else if you don’t like it.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM

This site has become so disgusting and juvenile. I’d offer to give my handle and password to any lurker whom wanted it but I highly doubt an account here is as in high demand as it once was. No one would want it and I don’t want my account anymore.

It is hard to believe how this site has devolved. It started with the horrible conservative on conservative bashing a few years ago. On this site, it used to be that the only ones flamed were the Left when someone like Getalife posted his crap on here. Those days are long gone. And most would break his argument more than ad hominem attack him.

Now it’s conservative on conservative bashing just for kicks. It is disgusting. And I believe with this type of Liberal type shenanigans, that fool ObaMao will be elected again. With the Liberal dirty tricks, media in their pocket and with silly Conservatives treating each other like Punch and Judy they will easily give 4 more years to the Destroyer.

This site was once quite intelligent. Just reading the posts was educational. Now it’s a disgusting flame war on silly, distracting crap. If I want to see that, I can hang out on the Huffpo, Salon or the Daily Beast.

Today, my account is going in the trash. I have better things to waste my time on (Courtney Stodden watching would be more fruitful) and instead, I’ll be doing what I can to learn more about creeping Sharia, following the ObaMao scandals that most are ignoring and doing what I can to get this friggen’ country back. Here, I’d be wasting my time and following Courtney Stodden on the net would be more edifying for me than the sad lot who think they’re smart here.

Gob on November 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Don’t know if this has been reported yet..I’m only on page 7…

According to a source who is friends with the Cain campaign, not only is the Rick Perry campaign involved but also the Mayor of Chicago and former Obama White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is likely involved with the sexual harassment accuser attacks. A friend of the Cain campaign believes a National Restaurant Association (NRA) employee out of the Chicago office leaked the story to the Perry campaign via information and influence from Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s office.

lovingmyUSA on November 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM

A staffer on a previous campaign who was in the know could have leaked it. I wish I had thought of that. Until now I figured the best explanation was that the woman leaked it.

Now it stinks even worse.

JohnTant on November 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on November 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM

what does that even mean? do you have an article your referring to? the only thing i know of from the accusers is that one was invited to his apartment. i havent seen anything where the accusers were having memory problems. the one forgetting and remembering stuff is Cain

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on November 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Well I guess you put us “cultists” in our place.

Feel better?

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Voter from WA State on November 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM

and the very next election we voted all of those SOB’s out of office!!!

/s

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM

No wonder Ricky Perry was so giddy in his speech in New Hampshire.

He believes his Texas Mafia has taken out Herman with a series of rumors that cannot be disproved.

Which reminds me again what the Texas power structure thinks about Atlanta being run by the N…ers.

Perry needs to go shed his snake skin, and then “reintroduce himself” once again. But the rattler noises coming from his campaign’s tail will still be there.

jimw on November 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM

LOL… I wonder where kim roy has been this primary season.

Mr. Cain is now going through his first major scandal and he’s already whining?

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Didn’t I already answer this or do I need to repost it for you? I deal in facts and comparing someone’s record or a fact (sorry the rock did exist and I did say at the time that it was a stupid thing to talk about), but these things ACTUALLY OCCURRED.

Right now we know absolutely nothing about what happened with Cain.

NOT A SINGLE FACT.

I’m sorry that this is confusing you, but your lack of ability to process the difference between facts and speculation is not my problem.

kim roy on November 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM

JohnTant on November 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM

yeah, but taht guy denies ever being told about the incidents. now, who to believe?? the guy who keeps changing his story and accusing more and more people or the guy who says “wasnt me” and sticks w/ it??

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:19 PM

The Democrat bottom line is whether any of these women have a dress with stains. Is that the same bottom line for Republican politicians?

stefano1 on November 2, 2011 at 9:20 PM

jimw on November 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Same thought crossed my mind briefly when this first came out I flashed back to his behavior in that speech. Seemed like a happy guy all of the sudden. But I think I was reading too much into it. Dont think any of our guys did it. Wish Politico would just tell us already.

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I’ll amend my earlier statement: it is not a “good” interview, it’s a great interviewer from Gov. Perry. Woohoo :)

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Prediction: With the poor way he’s handled this, and with the media smelling blood in the water, Cain will drop out of the race within the month.

p40tiger on November 2, 2011 at 9:24 PM

“People” would include Chris Wilson. He’s on record stating that he was a witness. More people are coming out, on the record, today, including Steve Deace. You wanted names. You got them.

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM

A nice dodge, but you see Wilson said “lots of people” knew about Cain’s proclivities. We all know what Wlson thinks happened, but he talked about a bunch of “people.”

Is reading comprehension your weak suit? Are you Rick Perry?

BKennedy on November 2, 2011 at 9:24 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Oh, and by the way, this came from the Texas legislature and was passed overwhelmingly by their legislature. This is not some form of an EO.
Voter from WA State on November 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I’m not sure sharing the blame will help Perry out much, hasn’t so far. It’s pretty much as the old saying goes that starts with “If all of your friends jumped off a cliff”.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:25 PM

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I don’t know. I’ve seen enough nuisance threats from disgruntled employees to want to give Cain the benefit of the doubt that this is a stupid allegation. The settlement amount tends to help me with that opinion…if there was a there there, I’d expect more than $35k or whatever.

On the other hand, if it was a former campaign staffer wouldn’t he have incentive to lie about it?

It’s a mess, certainly. But I am backing off my previous opinion that the woman was the original source of the leak.

JohnTant on November 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Is reading comprehension your weak suit? Are you Rick Perry?
BKennedy on November 2, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Yup, a Texas political operative and Perry fan, Wilson, and an unbalanced (to put it kindly) shock jock, Deace. Great sources there.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:25 PM

the point wasnt to “share blame” it was to show that this wasnt rick off on some tangent forcing things thru. there have been several elections since that bill was passed and we didnt punish those legislators, if some illegal kid has somehow managed to assimilate themselves enough to qualify to go to college than we have no problem w/ them getting the in-state tuition rate as long as they meet the same qualifications taht other kids have to meet.

as soon as the feds get serious about the border and enforcing immigration laws these kinda laws will be moot.

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Terrific interview with Perry. He gives Obama a “Z” as a grade (because F isn’t low enough) and he has LIZ CHENEY and John Bolton as advisors right now and named them for who he would surround himself with in the WH. Woohoo!

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Gob on November 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I think there have been 2 events in particular which changed the nature of HA: 1) MM selling it to TownHall; 2) Christine O’Donnell winning in DE.

Ever since she won, a lot of delusional, toxic RINOs started going “RINO” hunting, instead of focusing their sights on the Left. Of course, I must be a RINO, too, because saying anything less than complimentary about those noble “RINO” hunters proves it! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on November 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Gob on November 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Relax, dear Gob.

There is a reason why primary season is called “silly” or “crazy”. What you are seeing with Cain, what we saw with Perry, and what we will see with any other frontrunner is unfortunately considered “normal” in the world of politics.

Go read this article:

“Governor Perry doesn’t believe that he created those things,” Mr. Romney said in the recent debate in California. “If he tried to say that, well, it would be like Al Gore saying he invented the Internet.”

The pair are certainly not the first — just the most recent — presidential rivals to get testy with each other. Senator John McCain and Mr. Romney got so nasty during the Florida primary in 2008 that Mr. Romney accused Mr. McCain of being “dishonest” and said “he should apologize.”

Mr. Romney never got the apology, but after losing the Florida primary to Mr. McCain, he dropped out of the race and endorsed his rival.

But the venom is appearing a bit sooner than it did in some other races. During their clash in 2008, Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama treated each other with kid gloves for months, each wary of taking the first shot.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

The 3rd woman’s claim is weak. 1) she didn’t document it and 2) she likely was angling for the same type of 5 figure deal and couldn’t make it work then, but figures to cash in now. Pfft.

AH_C on November 2, 2011 at 9:33 PM

JohnTant on November 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM

im not sure if i believe he harassed anyone or not, but we have way too many allegations to just give him the benefit of the doubt. and with him not being able to give a consistent story he’s shooting holes in his credibility left and right. he had 10 days to work on getting any data from the NRA, which since he was the president im sure his requests would get worked on asap, he had no statement prepared at all, answering that reporter w/ “have you ever been accused of sexual harassment” was buffonish. he wouldve done better to just walk away.

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

That sounds real good. Couldn’t watch it but will watch a clip somewhere later.

I’m on split screen now doing some work and typing comments at Hot Air.

TheRightMan on November 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Nope. They become moot when governors stop pushing them and refuse to sign them into law. Let others work to take the blame for bad laws instead of joining in the bad lawmaking and making it easy for the them. At any rate, this is just one of Perry’s insurmountable problems unless he does a drastic reinvention of himself a la his former boss Gore. Except in reverse of Al’s – with Perry renouncing his liberal positions and embracing conservative ones to replace them.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM

I bet the “actions” Cain is accused of were:
1) Telling women in his office that they looked good or smelled good.
2) Opening doors, standing when a woman entered the room, and other politenesses he learned as a young man.
3) Trying to be friendly, which was interpreted at the time as too familiar and inappropriate in the workplace.

I don’t expect to hear:
1) solicitations for oral sex
2) threats to fire someone for refusing to sleep with him
3) having pornography on display in the workplace

In other words, no real harassment, just a friendly man who may not have been politically correct enough for the time.

spudmom on November 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM

If there’s one good thing to come out of this it’s that people’s faith in politicians in general has been eroded even more.

Sharke on November 2, 2011 at 9:44 PM

stefano1 on November 2, 2011 at 9:20 PM

My standards are higher than that.

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on November 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Actually HA was sold to Salem Communications which runs, primarily, fundamentalist Christian websites and radio stations. Salem’s head honcho is a bigtime Perry supporter, by the way. Not much of a surprise there, I suppose.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:48 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM

not insurmountable at all. you may think its a huge deal but the public sure dont. check the polls and see where immigration sits as a voter concern.

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM

what does that even mean?

What – was I ambiguous about something?

do you have an article your referring to?

Oh YES I do, which I’ll address below.

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Do you notice how you went from, ‘I am not aware of any of his accusers having a memory problem’ to ‘Cain’s the one with memory problems’? Well, I did. :)

How could you know that Cain is the only one with memory problems, when you aren’t aware of what the accuser I mentioned apparently said? Answer: you can’t know. Because you can’t know, but didn’t bother restraining yourself anyways, I will now happily bring you to the mirror so that you can see the egg on your face.

You want to know what I meant when I wondered how it could be possible for a supposed sexual harassee to not remember whether she was harassed aurally, or gesticulatedly? Why don’t you go to the top of AP’s post here, read the 3rd and 4th lines of it, and get back to me, ok?

Should I expect you to be adult enough to apologize for your error? :)

Bizarro No. 1 on November 2, 2011 at 9:55 PM

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM

The problem for Perry is his poll numbers with Republicans and their firm stance against illegal immigration. That’s the insurmountable part, save the drastic reinvention I mentioned.

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on November 2, 2011 at 9:55 PM

It was so horrific that she must have completely blocked the sheer savagery of the violent and vicious attack from her mind. The HORROR, the HORROR!!

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Well I guess you put us “cultists” in our place.

“guess”? No need to guess – I did put you hyperpartisan shills in your place!

Feel better?

gophergirl on November 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Why yes, I do feel better! Thanks for asking!!! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on November 2, 2011 at 10:04 PM

I seem to remember a guy running for the Senate who knocked out his opponents before the election so he wouldn’t have to worry about running against them. This sounds so familiar. I seem to remember David Axelrod being mentioned then. Funny how the same names get mentioned over and over. I’m sure it’s all a giant coincidence.

gordo on November 2, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 9:24 PM

You know, when I want someone to give me an objective analysis of how Perry’s doing, you are the first person I think of asking! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on November 2, 2011 at 10:08 PM

This should be post #999!

Aslans Girl on November 2, 2011 at 10:19 PM