AP: Third woman comes forward to accuse Cain of harassment; Update: “Positive development” coming? Update: Cain blames Perry camp; Update: Iowa radio host accuses Cain too?

posted at 4:20 pm on November 2, 2011 by Allahpundit

She didn’t file a complaint, but she considered it.

She worked for the National Restaurant Association when he was its head. She told The Associated Press that Cain made sexually suggestive remarks or gestures about the same time that two co-workers had settled separate harassment complaints against him.

The employee described situations in which she said Cain told her he had confided to colleagues how attractive she was and invited her to his corporate apartment outside work. She spoke on condition of anonymity, saying she feared retaliation.

Remember, Cain explained away the incident with one woman as confusion over a gesture he made when showing her how tall his wife is. Not much room for confusion in this third woman’s allegations, though. And here’s something new from the pollster (and Perry supporter) who said earlier today that he saw Cain behave questionably:

Wilson declined to say specifically what Cain said or did to the woman, but that the CEO’s actions made other individuals at the table uneasy.

“It was very uncomfortable,” said the pollster, recalling that other individuals present asked Cain to stop.

Wilson said there were at least three other people at the gathering, but wouldn’t share the name of the woman for publication.

The fact that the third woman never filed a complaint will help Cain a lot, obviously, but we’ve now got four separate people accusing him of inappropriate behavior — the three women plus Wilson — two of whom memorialized their claims with formal complaints long before he ran for president. How much more smoke he can stand before people conclude there must be a fire? Stand by for updates.

Update: Two polling benchmarks for you. He leads the field nationally in Quinnipiac’s new poll with 30 percent to Romney’s 23 and Gingrich’s 10, and he’s the only candidate to have gained this year in Gallup’s measure of positive intensity. Remember those numbers, as they’ll be the yardstick to measure the fallout from this week’s harassment circus after the next polls are taken.

Via Breitbart TV, here was the scene as reporters descended upon him outside an event this morning.

Update: Not sure what this means but let me put it in front of you. From Fox News’s Chad Pergram:

After meeting with Cain, Rep. Gingery says “something coming” from Cain on sexual harassment. Cain said it be “a positive development.”

Question: Who’s more likely to be damaged by all this, Cain himself or whichever rival candidate leaked this story to Politico once we find out who that is? I think the answer depends on whether the woman speak on the record or not. If so, and if they seem credible, it’s Cain. If not, and all we’re left with in this case is a bunch of anonymous accusations, it’s the rival. The base will be incensed at the dirtiness of a trick this dirty unless there’s something very solid to it. I hope for Romney’s and Perry’s sake that they’re not responsible.

Update: The next debate’s going to be amazing.

There, beside rusting rail lines, is the home of OnMessage Inc., a Republican-leaning consulting firm recently hired to bolster Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s presidential campaign.

One of the firm’s partners, Curt Anderson, worked on Cain’s losing 2004 U.S. Senate campaign. Cain thinks he’s the hired political gun who leaked details to Politico, a Washington trade publication, of alleged “sexually suggestive behavior” Cain is said to have exhibited towards two women while he ran the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s. That story set off a media frenzy which has quickly put Cain’s campaign on the defense…

“I told my wife about this in 1999 and I’ve got nothing to hide,” Cain told me Wednesday. “When I sat down with my general campaign consultant Curt Anderson in a private room in our campaign offices in 2003 we discussed opposition research on me. It was a typical campaign conversation. I told him that there was only one case, one set of charges, one woman while I was at the National Restaurant Association. Those charges were baseless, but I thought he needed to know about them. I don’t recall anyone else being in the room when I told him.”…

Aside from knowing about the alleged sexual harassment accusations, Cain campaign officials point to the timing of Anderson’s hiring by Perry as evidence of his involvement. The campaign announced Anderson’s role on October 24, just a week before Politico broke the story.

Anderson denied the accusation to Politico, saying he first heard of the harassment charges on Sunday night when the story broke. Over to you, Rick Perry.

Exit question: You know who this benefits?

Update: I feel dizzy. New from Politico, Iowa radio host Steve Deace says Cain said inappropriate things to two of his staffers too:

“Like awkward/inappropriate things he’s said to two females on my staff, that the fact the guy’s wife is never around…that’s almost always a warning flag to me,” Deace wrote. “But I chose to leave that stuff out [of the opinion piece] and make it about his record and not the personal stuff.”

Pressed about what exactly Cain said to the employees of his show, Deace responded by describing how he himself treats his staff.

“Many a man has been done in by the inability to control his urges,” Deace wrote. “I am no different and just as vulnerable as any other man, which is why I put safeguards around me and hold myself accountable to my wife and other men in my life. Especially since I have very talented employees that happen to be women. I go out of my way to treat them like my sisters. For example, I wouldn’t tell them or any other woman I am not married to nor related to how pretty she is.”

Interestingly, Mark Block made a reference to Deace’s accusations a few days ago at a National Journal event but Deace says neither he nor his staff ever told Block about them. Oh, and here’s the opinion piece to which Deace refers in his Politico interview. He’s not a fan of Cain’s, needless to say.

Update: Erick Erickson wonders why, if Cain knew that former staffers like Anderson knew about the harassment charges, his campaign didn’t have a plan in place to deal with this story when, not if, it finally surfaced.

Update: Newt to the rescue!

“Here’s a situation where we’ve got a guy who’s the front runner for the Republican nomination, has a serious proposal on tax policy: 999, whether you like or dislike it, it is a serious big idea,” Gingrich told Atlanta’s WBS TV, according to ABC News. “He’s out there trying to help a country that’s in desperate trouble, and he has gotten more coverage over the last few days over gossip.”

Update: A good point from Guy Benson:

[Curt] Anderson denying TO POLITICO that he leaked *to* Politico *does* clear him. Unless Politico *wants* to self-destruct.

I.e. unless Politico is willing to knowingly publish false denials from its source, Anderson isn’t its source. Which brings us to another good point, this time from Ace’s co-blogger Drew M.: “So Cain’s story is he remembered to do an oppo dump on himself in 03 for Senate race but not for his ’12 run for POTUS?”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 11

Bill Clinton rapes woman: meh, boys will be boys

Cain looks at someone’s booty: ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!!

angryed on November 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Why the anonymity?

MayBee on November 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM

It is all a conspiracy!

Get Ann Coulter on the line!

Pablo Honey on November 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

How much more smoke he can withstand before people conclude there must be a fire? Stand by for updates.

To hear Cainiacs here tell it, the answer would be an infinite number.

ernesto on November 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Smoke?? That’s racist!!

/cainiac

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Finding this very hard to believe.

redfoxbluestate on November 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

This is just nothing but a string of four coincidences in a row.

Vashta.Nerada on November 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM

When Cain sends his wife out to shut up one his rape victims, then I’ll conclude that this smoke leads to fire.

abobo on November 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Bill Clinton rapes woman: meh, boys will be boys

Cain looks at someone’s booty: ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!!

angryed on November 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM

The new standard by which the GOP judges their candidates.

Bravo!

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM

There will be another dozen or so of these before it is all over. Opportunity knocks, the truth means nothing. I’ve interviewed Herman twice, I could claim that when he patted me on the shoulder that he a) assaulted me, or b) made me uncomfortable. Doesn’t mean it is true…

I hate double standards.

cannonball on November 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Woo! Popping the champagne for another Cain Wreck paaar-taaay! Who has the popcorn?

Punchenko on November 2, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Funny, of the 4 people (3 accusers and then Cain) I only know Herman Cain’s name.

Oil Can on November 2, 2011 at 4:25 PM

The fact that the third woman never filed a complaint will help Cain a lot, obviously, but we’ve now got four separate people accusing him of inappropriate behavior, two of whom memorialized their claims with formal complaints long before he ran for president. How much more smoke he can stand before people conclude there must be a fire? Stand by for updates.

Could we get a cout of the number of NRA people who have gone on record saying they had NEVER seen him behave in this manner? Just for comparison?

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I actually heard that there was going to be some sort of scandal that would be coming out on Cain a while back. Looks like they were right…

sandee on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Gonna have to have more than “anonymous”.

Big Orange on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Hope you put on Blogger armor, Allah.

portlandon on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

How much more smoke he can stand before people conclude there must be a fire?

abobo on November 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Apparently, you have your answer AP…

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Wait.

We have a president who calls a reporter “Sweetie”, and people are supposed to get outraged over a guy who calls women “good looking”.

It’s madness.

MayBee on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

500 comments or bust!

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

now got four separate people accusing him of inappropriate behavior

Based on what AP…AP?!?! You’re simply building the MFM narrative…why don’t they speak up if he’s the animal the MFM claims?

winston on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Are all these commenters slurring Cain supporters Romneybots? Better than trying to figure out Romney’s current position on an issue I suppose.

SirGawain on November 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

lol, exactly. I knew this thread was coming but impressed how quickly they got it loaded and ready.

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM

All this is designed to push us to Romney. Blech. Major suckage.

I think Cain is done, they’ll keep manufacturing bimbos until his numbers drop.

This makes me angrier than I have been in a long time, and that’s saying something.

CatoRenasci on November 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I, too, have been molested by Herman Cain.

See how easy that is?

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM

why don’t you just call it like you see it….where there is BLACK smoke their may be fire….

RACIST

SDarchitect on November 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM

It’s a vast liberal conspiracy.

lexhamfox on November 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

The problem with that, katy, is at least one of those NRA who stood up for him also says, as Chairman, he never heard of any such settlements, and would be upset to find out they were done without his knowledge.

Which raises the question… exactly who signed off on the hush money?

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM

The way these women are allowed to hide their identities makes it seem as if they were sexual assault or rape victims. It makes them look like victims of something too horrible to be able to face publicly.

This tactic has to be called out.

MayBee on November 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Three is going to turn into four then five. Trust me, there is a 20/20 special on this in the near future. Fairly or not.

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I think there’s something to be said about a “submarine” campaign the way Clinton inadvertently ran his. The shorter the time to election the harder it is for the skeletons to come out. Same with Obama. Here we have the GOP trying to run a 2 year long campaign and all sorts of political skeletons/smear campaigns (real or imagined) can be drawn out and played to the public consciousness.

Frankly, unless he actually assaulted those women, I don’t consider any of the current rumored actions to be anything more than what’s been going on at an OWS party protest.

Say, what WAS the left’s reaction to the Julian Assange harassment CHARGES. Y’know… the one he lost the extradition appeal court trial today for…

Skywise on November 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Of course she did. And 10 more will come out before it’s all said and done. He survived the first attack, so we need to find more women who will volunteer to claim he harassed them.

Meanwhile, unemployment is still up, home values are still down, and Obama has his feet up on the Resolute Desk, smoking a cigarette, laughing his ass off.

CookeyD on November 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM

This anonymity bit won’t do.

The woman – adult woman mind you – must come forward and make the charges. No hiding of names. It’s simply not fair otherwise.

Having said that, unless these are completely fabricated charges or absurd misinterpretations of innocent remarks, he’s done.

Best guess: He’s done.

SteveMG on November 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Finding this very hard to believe.

redfoxbluestate on November 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

It’s not hard to believe, but it is very sad, especially considering the rest of the field.

pedestrian on November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

winston on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Why don’t we wait for an actual allegation before bringing up MFM threeways.

lexhamfox on November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Pretty weak. Let’s have some specific details on all of it and let him respond. So far, we have one identified witness, right? And, Hot Airians are getting blue in the face trying to blame a competitor.

a capella on November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

why don’t they speak up if he’s the animal the MFM claims?

winston on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Perhaps you’ve answered your own question…

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

That kind of “smoke” is artificially conjured all the time in politics.
That does not exonerate Herman Cain, it just means I’m not going to pronounce either Herman Cain or his accusers of being in the wrong, yet.

listens2glenn on November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Which raises the question… exactly who signed off on the hush money?

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Probably the head of the legal dept. as is customary.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Now, they’ve got to triple-lynch him.

Christien on November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

The media lobbed a softball at Cain and he whiffed!

Why? I mean he makes his living from talking. Why couldn’t he have given a clear answer that shut this down? Because lying doesn’t come easy to him like it does to Clinton.

Bye bye, Herm!

huckleberryfriend on November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

I, too, have been molested by Herman Cain.

See how easy that is?

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Now we are up to 4…

When will this stop??????

tetriskid on November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM

That’s exactly why the Politico pile came out – it was just a casting call for these slimeballs. If you’ve got one incident with almost no sourcing, the rest can be total BS but they “fit a disturbing pattern” and it’s all over.

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Well when this knocks Cain out of the running, Mitt will be accused of the same. Then the next guy, then the next guy…this coming presidential election might be the dirtiest politics we’ve ever seen.

Dork B. on November 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I know people are willing to jump all over Cain for this because they don’t want him to be the nominee, but please consider something first.

If the left really was organizing another high tech lynching against a prominent black conservative, wouldn’t it look an awful lot like this? Anonymous women from decades ago leveling unfalsifiable yet unprovable statements that play into anti-black stereotypes?

Everyone should be skeptical if not downright dismissive of these claims until solid proof emerges. Accusations are not proof.

Nessuno on November 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Smoke?? That’s racist!!

/cainiac

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

So Cain is asked if the attacks are racially motivated, and even though acknowledging that he has no evidence, says yes it is. Isn’t that in itself a racist comment if you’re subjectively putting that out there?

Who’s the racist?

stacman on November 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Funny how during the run up to the Lewinsky scandal, main stream press wouldn’t go with the story because of the weakness of the source and Drudge had to break the story. Whereas in this case they have no problem reporting anonymous sources whose veracity can’t be tested.

txmomof6 on November 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

How come all these little delicate flowers didn’t come out until Cain started to get traction? Sure glad Cain didn’t tell that one victim that his wife was waist high and had a flat head to set his drink on.
Guess I’m just going to have to go with Mitt since I’m sure the press will leave him alone.

arnold ziffel on November 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I may or may not have been touched inappropriately by someone who might look like Herman Cain.

rollthedice on November 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

The fact that the third woman never filed a complaint will help Cain a lot, obviously, but we’ve now got four separate people accusing him of inappropriate behavior, two of whom memorialized their claims in formal complaints long before he ran for president. How much more smoke he can withstand before people conclude there must be a fire?

I guess that depends on how many anonymous sources who didn’t file complaints a decade ago come forward now that Cain’s in the lead.
My guess is, there will be a bunch of them since it’s starting to take root.

How many cases have been filed against him in the 12 years since those 2? Just curious. Maybe someone else is, too.

Although I think this is a load of crap, unfortunately Cain didn’t help himself out by handling the initial accusation so poorly. If he was definative about it, it would have either have been dismissed and the press would have moved onto the next smear, or at least if they persued it they would have looked petty and foolish. Now it looks like there will be a long parade of unsubstantiated, unidentified people who will come forward and the damage may wind up being done.

OK, who’s next? Oh right, Newt. Nope, can’t think of anything in Newt’s past that could be a problem for him. Nope, not a one.

DrAllecon on November 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I, too, have been molested by Herman Cain.

See how easy that is?

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:28 PMJust showed his picture to my cat. She seems very disturbed.

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Trust me, there is a 20/20 special on this in the near future.

nswider on November 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I was actually thinking Dateline with Chris Hansen…

Herman Cain… why don’t you take a seat…”

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM

ernesto on November 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

And yet, for all the corruption, and power grabbing, and freedom killing crap Obama slews on a daily basis..you still support him. Go figure.

capejasmine on November 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Why the anonymity?

MayBee on November 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM

If you read above the woman claims to fear retaliation.

Zetterson on November 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Now we are up to 4…

When will this stop??????

tetriskid on November 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

When he drops out…or his poll numbers drop to single digits.
They will just have more and more people show up…next one will be a paternity suit, the ante will just keep “upping” until he is out.
You didn’t know this was going to happen?

right2bright on November 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Interesting exercise: read the NY Times account of Cain walking through this courtyard addressing reporters and then watch the video. No relationship to each other.

rrpjr on November 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Larry Sinclair…paging…Larry Sinclair.

SouthernGent on November 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

They’re using the same playbook that they used on Tiger Woods.

El_Terrible on November 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Have any of the “sources” in this story actually identified themselves?

joe_doufu on November 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM

DrAllecon on November 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Oh come now, surely the media will be kind to a man with a troubled personal life. It’s just so hard deciding which woman to make a lifelong commitment to. Besides, he only did it because he loves this country so much goshdarnit!

At least Cain isn’t saying he nailed an intern because he’s a patriot.

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM

To hear Cainiacs here tell it, the answer would be an infinite number.
ernesto on November 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

You’re making the same mistake as AP in not knowing there is always the bogus me too pile-ons in any high profile occurance like this. Just basic inexperience in the real world in not being aware of that. So AP’s totally anon-based question could just as well be “How many more people have to complain about Bush being a war criminal before people conclude where there’s smoke there’s fire?”. (Especially since some of the accusers are high-profile, respected people.)

whatcat on November 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Nessuno on November 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Not to some of the posters…they are typing with one hand and the other hand is, well, it’s doing something…

right2bright on November 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM

This seems rather vague to me.

And was this all 3 women from the same night???

I have to say, this isn’t nearly as damning as the “writers” would like us to believe, at this point.

I need specifics. Did he fondle a woman? Did he physically molest one (or all) of them? Was it something he said??

At this point, all I can say is “childish game playing” in response.

KMC1 on November 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM

If you read above the woman claims to fear retaliation.

Zetterson on November 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Yeah, Herman seems to be the retaliatory type. /s

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

RINOS cry foul and skip off stage holding hands into the arms of Mitt…who loses to the SCOAMF in 2012…GULP!

winston on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

(sigh) So even AP follows the whims and diktats of the MSM. Sad.

Unless…this is a direction he wanted to go in, anyway.

pseudonominus on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

OT: Justin Bieber’s gotta pay child support.

El_Terrible on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

If you read above the woman claims to fear retaliation.

Zetterson on November 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Like how Crystal Gail Mangum was afraid did during her lynching of the Duke Lacrosse players? If they’re bold enough to come forward with these allegations, they should be bold enough to show their faces.

SouthernGent on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Gonna have to have more than “anonymous”.

Big Orange on November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I agree. This is really getting tiresome. If he’s a serial harasser then at least some of these women need to come forward. Especially those who didn’t sign any NDA or were witnesses to these alleged incidents. If no one ever speaks out, then this looks like nothing more than a political hit job.

Doughboy on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

If you read above the woman claims to fear retaliation.

So what? She’s making a direct accusation. People should be able to face their accusers, and we should be able to evaluate the person making the claim.

These women are not rape victims. They should be named if they want their stories told.

MayBee on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

unnamed sources are uncredible. Come on.

balkanmom on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Hey, remember all those tea partiers who spit and yelled racial slurs at Pelosi’s black companions as they traipsed over to sign off on Obamacare? It was quite the news item,…till suddenly it wasn’t. Why was that?

a capella on November 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Whats with the double standard folks? I see numerous mentions of Clinton and how he got away with it. That makes it right?

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. How are we going to hold liberals accountable for their actions if we don’t hold our own folks accountable? Cain and his team should stop being so evasive. The facts will speak for themselves.

Whether you like it or not, this story isn’t going away until all the facts come out, regardless of how hard you Cain supporters try to bury it.

NoStoppingUs on November 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM

arnold ziffel on November 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Ha….good one…

right2bright on November 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM

arnold ziffel on November 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Romney has more money to make sure his past stays buried.

portlandon on November 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Who’s the racist?

stacman on November 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

While I have no evidence that being black kept me and my 2.2 GPA out of University of Michigan, yes… race was behind it.

Although I have no evidence that being black kept me and my 75 pound overweight ass from being a firefighter, yes… clearly race was behind it.

While I have no evidence that people who are asking for my birth certificate are doing so because I’m black,yes… clearly they are racists.

Is that how that works?

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM

What I want to know is….why do women feel so strongly about being harrassed only to take money, and sign a contract not to talk about it? Do they want fast money, or justice? Seems to me it’s the money, and they know exactly whom to accuse, to get to it the fast, and easiest way they know how.

I don’t like sexual harrassment, but we are far from know ALL of the details, and may never know. I’m just not very trusting towards my gender. To many times they report it, than take the buy out, or it comes out later, it NEVER happened.

Some women are merely opportunists, and will do just about anything for a fast buck, short of prostitution. Even sell out their character, dignity, and conscience.

capejasmine on November 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM

SouthernGent on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

This is also a totally different situation. These accusers aren’t claiming rape; they really don’t have any reason to hide.

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I hope for Romney’s and Perry’s sake that they’re not responsible.

Keep hope alive!

SouthernGent on November 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Cain once recited the lyrics of “Wild Thing” in my presence.

(Where’s my 35K?)

BCrago66 on November 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Romney has more money to make sure his past stays buried.

portlandon on November 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Just like Meg Whitman.

El_Terrible on November 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

well you certainly proved the case for why someone would remain anonymous. but im so sure if she had revealed her identity you wouldve listend w/ an open mind and reasonably judged whether she was credible or not

chasdal on November 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Actually – this couldn’t come at a better time

The MSM is now OVERPLAYING “their hand” (not that there was one)

More anonymous sources/claims/accusations

As this plays out to be nothing…Cain popularity will soar even more.

LordMaximus on November 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Here’s an interesting thought game:

Which of the players in the current campaign- Dem or GOP- do you think have not said similarly inappropriate things to women?

I think only Mitt Romney has not.
Joe Biden definitely has.
Obama has.

MayBee on November 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM

OT: Justin Bieber’s gotta pay child support.

El_Terrible on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Justin Bieber was also harassed by Herman Cain.

John_Locke on November 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM

What crap. The left can walk out any number of women saying most anything from now until doomsday. They will have no credibility what so ever, but will make Herman’s life hell, and will tarnish him. Really a low, low strategy.

GFW on November 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM

When he drops out…or his poll numbers drop to single digits.
You didn’t know this was going to happen?

right2bright on November 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Next Maury.
“Herman, are you my baby daddy?”

katy the mean old lady on November 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Cain once recited the lyrics of “Wild Thing” in my presence.

(Where’s my 35K?)

BCrago66 on November 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM

We need to go class action on this.

tetriskid on November 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Here we go, Herman building up a couple of people telling them how good and nice they are, maybe even how desirable and it’s some federal case of harassment.

tim c on November 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I remember one day Herman Cain came over to my table and shook my hand…into his big hot black hand…well that may have been sexual if I was alert enough.

But at the time it made me feel good. Oh no!

We must go elect the Mormon white guy to atone for my feelings of liking a lust filled darkie.

jimw on November 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM

BCrago66 on November 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM

You make my heart sing!

El_Terrible on November 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Unless the accusers get the same in-depth look as Joe Wurzelbacher, I have to conclude that the accusations are utterly without merit.

malclave on November 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I hope for Romney’s and Perry’s sake that they’re not responsible.

Let it be Romney. Then he can be outed for the worm that he is.

conservative pilgrim on November 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I was just a lad during the Clarence Thomas hearings, but I will never forget them. I don’t believe any of this.

Smoke?? That’s racist!!

/cainiac

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

God, you Paultards HATE Cain. Well, I think that’s awesome.

stefanite on November 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM

OT: Justin Bieber’s gotta pay child support.

El_Terrible on November 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Lie.
It’s merely an accusation.
See how easy PREsumption can be ?

pambi on November 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM

So Cain hit on his employees and made inappropriate advances toward them, but from what we know nothing ever came to fruition… doesn’t this just make him a poor-man’s Newt Gingrich?

*ducks*

Lawdawg86 on November 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Have any of the “sources” in this story actually identified themselves?

joe_doufu on November 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM

No. Maybe they’re just too fugly.

Christien on November 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM

NoStoppingUs on November 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Bury what, poster boy, bury rumors, innuendos?
What is facts are being buried…tell us your facts…
All we are saying is that we don’t buy into what the MSM states as rumors…you do.
You are the poster boy of MSM manipulation, whatever they want you to believe, they just throw it out and you latch onto it.
The response is…bring us facts, and we will listen…otherwise, we have an economy on the brink of total collapse, a health care system unsustainable, energy program that is non-existent…and rumors that a candidate checked out some booty 12 years ago…
Yeah, you have your priorities in order, poster boy…

right2bright on November 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Easy Money

Skandia Recluse on November 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM

These Cain attack posts are big time Moby magnets.

BTW,you can tell Allahpundit is jonesin’ for some old school mega-hit Palin sliming posts.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on November 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Can someone explain to me what Cain did?

In all of this, I’ve still not been able to find any details on that.

And don’t you think that matters? Is having 3 women accuse you of sexual harassment all the damnation we need, or does it matter whether a reasonable person–not just those who stand to benefit financially or politically from making accusations–finds his behavior harassing?

Nessuno on November 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM