The GQ interview: Sean Hannity on his personal style

posted at 6:05 pm on October 31, 2011 by Tina Korbe

It’s not quite as “newsy” as the Megyn Kelly spread that showed the now-mother-of-two posing seductively in a black dress, but, because I’ve criticized both Esquire and Elle, I feel the urge to praise a mainstream mag — and this GQ interview provides me with a convenient opportunity. Just as he should, the interviewer asks questions, then “gets out of the way” to let Hannity answer. And, after a series of requisite questions about the 2012 GOP candidates, the GQ reporter even turns the interview to the topic of presumable first importance for GQ readers: fashion.

Seriously, I like that. It’s a tacit acknowledgment that, even though the majority of celebrities in arts and entertainment are liberals, a conservative ideology doesn’t discredit a person in the cultural realms. Taste is just that — taste. Because aesthetics are subjective, a conservative’s aesthetics are no less “valid” than a liberal’s. Yet, all too often, fashion mags and other “cultural” publications ignore conservative personalities or treat them as conservative personalities rather than just prominent people whose fashion is worth analyzing because they appear on a public stage. (The latter is what Elle recently did with its fashion spread on conservative women.) By doing that, they miss the opportunity to flesh out a fuller picture of the culture of the United States. It’s a little like the coasts ignoring flyover country; they just don’t know what they’re missing.

Fortunately for the GQ interviewer, Hannity plays the game. A few highlights:

• The TV-and-radio host doesn’t drink much (hence his nickname, “Half-a-Heineken Hannity”), but, when he does, he likes a vodka pineapple.
  • Hannity describes his personal style as “casual” and says he wishes he didn’t have to wear a tie to work, but he cites Donald Trump as his favorite designer of the dreaded neckwear.
  • He likes Don Imus’ cowboy style, doesn’t pay attention to Bill Maher’s attire and hadn’t heard of skinny jeans before the GQ guy astutely described them to him as “jeans that are, well, skinnier.”
For the full fun read, click here.

Comments

The Conservative mouthpiece took a break from sticking it to the President to let us into his office (and closet) to talk politics, Presidential candidates, and personal style
===========================================

Mmmm….mouthpiece and closet……mmm……

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:19 PM

VODKA PINEAPPLE?

I LOVE YA SEAN, AND YOU REP LONG ISLAND, BUT COME ON.

blatantblue on October 31, 2011 at 6:21 PM

GQ: You seem like such a family man.

Sean Hannity: I am a total loser, in every aspect of my life. I rarely go out. I have a great family and we spend all our time together. I work hard and play hard with them.
===============================================
Translation:Hannity,like most Conservatives,focus on what
truly matters in ones life,Gawd,family,work,
politics,in Hannitys case,he gets to blend
work with politics!

A loser….,NO,his priorities are right on!

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:24 PM

GQ: But do you think that he can win?

Sean Hannity: Yeah, I do. I think he’s a real contender. His challenge is that Herman’s not had political experience.
===========================================================

On a side note,about Cain,H/A wanted,”New Political Blood”,
and that,is whats occurring!!

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Knowing the Left…

… Sean should have removed the pictures of his kids in that picture.

Seven Percent Solution on October 31, 2011 at 6:30 PM

O/T
====

On Halloween candy handout,so far,we’ve had about 16 kids as of 6:30PM!

Anybody else,have numbers!?

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:31 PM

..just as Hannity DOES NOT on his show.

The greatest service Sean can do is limit his questions to 25 words or less and zero bullet-point itemizations.

The War Planner on October 31, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Knowing the Left…

… Sean should have removed the pictures of his kids in that picture.

Seven Percent Solution on October 31, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Seven Percent Solution:Great point,and it takes me back to your
OWS Streaming linky of San Diego Protest
that the clown,finally got arrested for
telling people to,”Doc”(ument)the Police
Officer names,and find out where they lived
inwhich(to me)was a threat,and verbal assaul
t,for the officer,and families!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:36 PM

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Our condo community doesn’t have sidewalks or street lights, so we get no kids here. This is my 6th Halloween in this new community and never once has anyone come for candy on Halloween.

karenhasfreedom on October 31, 2011 at 6:39 PM

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Yeppers…

… Just think of the most sickest, treacherous, vile, subhuman, and vicious attack, and you can guarantee that is what the Left is planning.

Seven Percent Solution on October 31, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Just read the full interview, it was a good one. Direct honesty, no prevaricating, nailing Obama. Good times.

karenhasfreedom on October 31, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Sorry, but I can’t stand Hannity. War Planner is right – there is no time for an answer cause his questions go on and on. Hannity is so into himself. As for being a conservative? He’s more worried about guests for his shows than being conservative. He will not offend anyone on the other side cause they might not come on his show. On radio he promotes his TV show and vice versa. Ick.

suzyk on October 31, 2011 at 6:53 PM

It looks like he did a good job in that interview. It also seems like the interviewer does not know what he meant by black liberation theology.

mikeyboss on October 31, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Somebody ask how Hannity got his pistol license with his past admitted marijuana usage – unless he lied on the permit application.

Wander on October 31, 2011 at 7:01 PM

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:36 PM
Yeppers…

Seven Percent Solution on October 31, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Seven Percent Solution:U-Betcha,as predicted SPS,btw,did you and
little man 7%,get out for Allah Achbar or
will blow your house up,crap,I mean’t trick
or treating tonight———————:)

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 7:16 PM

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:31 PM
========================

karenhasfreedom on October 31, 2011 at 6:39 PM

karenhasfreedom:Interesting,thanks,it seems to get quieter every
year!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 7:21 PM

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:31 PM

No kiddos yet @ 6:35 CT.
It’s still light here, but that’s rarely had any bearing, in prior years.
Seems we had none last year, as a matter of fact.

pambi on October 31, 2011 at 7:36 PM

On Halloween candy handout,so far,we’ve had about 16 kids as of 6:30PM!

Anybody else,have numbers!?

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Beautiful night here in a great family neighborhood in Franklin, Tn. and we’ve only had 3 visitors so far. I hope more show up, don’t need all that candy hanging around the house.

PatMac on October 31, 2011 at 7:41 PM

The thing I can’t stand about Hannity (and otherwise I kind of like what he does) is his man of the people schtick. He’ll go on about how he was poor, and worked washing dishes, and construction, but I’ve been listening to him since I was in my late 20′s (on WABC, NY), the guy’s younger than I am, and he wants us to believe he’s struggled! The guy’s been making MAJOR coin since before he was 30. C’mon, Sean. You caught a couple of breaks, worked hard, and made it big. Just knock off the whole “I know what it’s like to be broke” nonsense.

teacherman on October 31, 2011 at 7:44 PM

On Halloween candy handout,so far,we’ve had about 16 kids as of 6:30PM!

Anybody else,have numbers!?

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 6:31 PM

My guess is about 125-150 between 6:00 and 8:00. They came in packs.

Our sub is about 20 years old. At our peak, about 10 years ago, we’d have 350-400, including my two kids who are in college now.

bw222 on October 31, 2011 at 8:09 PM

teacherman on October 31, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Two things that bug me the most about Hannity: 1) he will schlep anything and 2) “tell them your friend Sean Hannity ….” You aren’t my friend. I’ve never met you.

But, this comes from someone who can’t handle more than 15 minutes of his radio show without switching stations.

bw222 on October 31, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I can’t stand listening to Hannity because he won’t let anyone finish a sentence. Sometimes his caller don’t even get to say what they called for because Hannity jumps in and goes off on a tangent. He’s more interested in hearing himself or railing against someone than listening. Limbaugh doesn’t do that. He’s always polite and interested in what his callers say.

NNtrancer on October 31, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Hannity has never had an original thought, and his shows are humorless.

Pablo Honey on October 31, 2011 at 10:03 PM

We bought half the amount of candy from last year and saw less then 20 kids all night. Gave it away by the handfuls to my sons friends at the end of the night on their return trips home. Only 4 houses out of 20 on our street had the lights on.

They say that Halloween is the second most celebrated holiday in the USA. Does not look like that on my street.

mechkiller_k on October 31, 2011 at 11:50 PM

As for Hannity. I only listen to him any more when Micheal Medved is not on the radio. Hannity was better before he was syndicated nation wide. I used to listen to him on pirate radio (internet) when he was only out of New York.

mechkiller_k on October 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Hannity is a very good and honorable man. The world is lucky to have him.

scotash on November 1, 2011 at 6:18 AM