Quotes of the day

posted at 10:44 pm on October 31, 2011 by Allahpundit

“In separate interviews, two people who were affiliated with the restaurant group at the time and knew of the complaints said they knew of the second female employee, who had received a payment related to harassment accusations against Mr. Cain during his 1996-99 tenure as president. The two spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid being pulled into the matter publicly.

“The two people who were affiliated with the group said the second woman similarly had complained about what she said had been Mr. Cain’s inappropriate conduct toward her. One of them said she had been taken aback by one interaction in particular while they were traveling, but this person declined to give details. He said he believed the allegation of harassment was not the only issue involved in the woman’s termination package.”

***

“The Washington Post independently obtained the names of the women and tried to contact both, but several e-mails and telephone messages were not returned. A man who answered the door at the Maryland home of one of the women said they had ‘nothing to say.’

“Several key questions remained unanswered Monday night, including the full nature of the alleged encounters, the results of any internal inquiries and the resolutions that the women reached with the National Restaurant Association. In a statement, a spokeswoman for the association said it would not comment on ‘personnel issues,’ citing a ‘long-standing policy.’…

“‘He’s forceful, he’s front and center, knocking it down,’ conservative strategist Greg Mueller said. ‘Frankly, unless someone comes forward, or there’s some kind of conflict in his forceful knock-down of the story, I don’t know that it’s going to have legs for much longer.’

***

“Meanwhile, one group of Republicans was conspicuously silent: POLITICO contacted every one of Cain’s major opponents for the GOP presidential nomination and none of them would comment directly on the controversy embroiling Cain’s campaign…

“Weighing in on Fox News, Karl Rove and Ed Rollins – former aides to Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, respectively – argued for full disclosure. ‘If these allegations are not true, say they aren’t true and put it behind you,’ Rove said ahead of Cain’s Monday statements. ‘If not, better get everything out sooner rather than later because in a situation like this, if there is something there, that something going to come out.’

“He needs to find out what the facts are, get out with the facts before he gets nicked apart, and I think at the end of the day, hopefully, it was nothing,’ said Rollins, echoing Rove. “If it is something, it’ll be out there.’”

***

“Granted, we’re talking about a first-day story. Politico may be holding the salient facts in reserve for its follow-ups so it can build its case against Cain a day at a time. If and when they publish them I may change my tune. But right now the subject is today’s story. Until Cain’s accusers speak forthrightly on the record, until Politico shares the underlying ‘documentation describing the allegations’ that it claims to possess, readers have the right to gripe about the charges against Cain being as clear as dappled light on fog.

“Before we drag Cain to The Hague’s highest HR court for trial, I’d like to know exactly what Cain said to the women. Did he sexually proposition them? Did he boast about his virility in a vulgar manner in their presence? Did he ask women who worked for him intrusive questions about their sex lives?…

“Sometimes the headline of a piece reveals its inadequacies, which seems to be the case with Politico‘s ‘Exclusive: Two women accused Herman Cain of inappropriate behavior.’ If the art of journalism is located in the specifics, the Politico piece deserves just one star.

***

“Obviously, this description leaves open a myriad of possibilities, from the boorish to the legally actionable. Certainly, it prompts readers to scratch their heads as they try to remember what in the late 1990s constituted a physical gesture that was not overtly sexual but discomfiting. (I checked. The Macarena came out in the mid-1990s.) Suggestions from a boss to ‘meet in my suite’ are equally ambiguous. Did Cain have a sheaf of strategy papers on the desk or a CD player with a Michael Bolton track cued up?

Therein is the problem with this story. If the facts as published were part of a memo to Politico’s editors, they would amount to a first-rate tip on a story. If Cain turns out to be a serial harasser, it will surely tarnish his image as the 2012 campaign’s most likable fresh face…

“Sexual harassment is a potent charge. It has brought down CEOs, congressmen and senators, and very nearly pushed Bill Clinton out of the presidency. But in this case, it remains unclear whether this was merely a great tip or an actual bombshell. I respect Politico’s decision to keep the names of the women out of this, although they will surely emerge. Yet, the basic details of this ‘harassment’ are essential so readers can judge its significance.”

***

“A couple of weeks ago I predicted in a video that Cain would benefit greatly from a conservative media which has a profound incentive to make sure he does not go the way of Perry and Bachmann. There is no doubt that Fox News, Matt Drudge and talk radio would be profoundly hurt economically if Romney swept Iowa and New Hampshire. This would not only strip them of months of content, but force them to talk for at least almost a year about a guy who is neither exciting nor loved by their customer base…

“Facilitating Cain’s shot at the nomination would be an easy way for the conservative media to achieve almost all of their goals. He elongates and spices up the nominating process, he gives them the chance to stand up for a ‘true’ conservative and prove they aren’t racist, and his nomination would create a lucrative general election while insuring Obama’s reelection. It is a no lose proposition for them and many will act on these incentives either consciously or subconsciously. To be clear, there will be no ‘conspiracy’ here, just very cynical/savvy/selfish people all working in what they perceive to be in their self interest…

“What is particularly stunning about the way that this is all going down is how incredibly similar Cain’s situation is to what happened with Obama in 2008.

“Here we have an inexperienced, charismatic black man who just a few years earlier had been in the political wilderness who is now suddenly neck and neck with an establishment candidate that no one really loves. The ideological media pushes his candidacy because he is good for the storyline/ratings and when legitimate scandal hits they rally around him and pretend that the allegations are politically motivated and all about race.”

***

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Pubic hairs to this….not sure what this is…

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Ugh. Reading Ziegler makes me feel dirty.

Why is this guy smart again?

portlandon on October 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I don’t believe Cain can do anything to satisfy the people who already don’t like him. Romney will be the nominee, Obama will gleefully attack him for his flip-floppery and Wall Street connections. Given the lack of enthusiasm for Romney, 50-50 chance Obama gets re-elected.

andy85719 on October 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Poor Herb can’t remember anything! :-(

Punchenko on October 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

El Rushbo telling it like it is..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 10:51 PM

It is potent when it is current…fresh.

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 10:51 PM

….not sure what this is…

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 10:46 PM

I think it’s a nothingburger, with a side of innuendo.

massrighty on October 31, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I think it’s a nothingburger, with a side of innuendo.

massrighty on October 31, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Can they make it round…like a pizza?
If not…not buying it.

Politico..you are as flat as a Chuck’e Cheese pizza.

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Wow, the Republican establishment in full destruction mode.

Amazing what they can do when “outsiders” break through.

rickyricardo on October 31, 2011 at 10:55 PM

All these Cain distraction threads brought to you courtesy of George Soros.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM

It is suspicious to this Republican Party observer that former Bush political adviser Karl Rove is pumping the story for all it’s worth. Given the presumption in Republican circles that Rove was responsible for the anti-Rick Perry data dump, it is not unreasonable to wonder if he is behind this latest sneak attack — all the while playing the “independent” commentator declaring Cain’s doom on various news outlets.

JStew on October 31, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I think it’s a nothingburger, with a side of innuendo.

massrighty on October 31, 2011 at 10:51 PM

It’s a double-nothingburger meal with a side of innuendo and a large can’t recall drink to wash it all away.

lexhamfox on October 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Politico..you are as flat as a Chuck’e Cheese pizza.

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM

+ 100..I agree it is bad pizza..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Trust me, the LSM is going to run with this story from now until the very last bit of innuendo and conjecture can be squeezed from it.
This is what they do, all the while, ignoring and covering all aspects of scandal linked to Barrack.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Hopefully, it was nothing? That’s not what Rove is hoping for.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

+ 100..I agree it is bad pizza..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

The one time I went there…I thought the pizza was a coaster for the diet Pepsi pitcher.
I made that up…but really…

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

How long before Larry Flynt offers the women a million, each, to make a mini-documentary about their ‘experiences’?

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

…Suggestions from a boss to ‘meet in my suite’ are equally ambiguous. Did Cain have a sheaf of strategy papers on the desk or a CD player with a Michael Bolton track cued up?

Michael Bolton? for what a nap?

Tell me some Barry White was playing & I might believe it.

batterup on October 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Politico..you are as flat as a Chuck’e Cheese pizza.

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM

+ 100..I agree it is bad pizza..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Which is why Chuck E. Cheeses sell beer on tap. The parents havec to have motivation to visit. Chuck E. was one of my clients back when I was practicing architecture.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:00 PM

1. If he never had a girlfriend, why not?

2. If he had one, she’s still locked up in the islands, muzzled by Michelle.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Politico claims they went to the Cain campaign 10 days ago with this and today he went from not knowing what the charges were to “racking his brain” and “remembering about saying ‘you’re as tall as my wife’ and saying she came up to HERE.”

It’s Perry or Romney. Take your pick.

Marcus on October 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

+ 100..I agree it is bad pizza..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Horrible, awful pizza. I ate it once

betsyz on October 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I guess we can add “I don’t recall” to “It was a joke” and “That’s apples and oranges” in our modern political Lexicain…

JohnGalt23 on October 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I wonder how much money they paid Vera Baker to shut up and move to the Caribbean?

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM

The presidential campaigns of Mitt Romney and Rick Perry on Monday flatly denied any involvement in pushing the story of sexual allegations against rival Herman Cain.

“Every time one of the other campaigns gets a bad story they try to blame us,” said Perry spokesperson Mark Miner. “It’s way off-base. It’s completely inaccurate.”

Mitt Romney’s campaign issued a similar response. “We had absolutely nothing to do with it,” said Romney spokesperson Andrea Saul.

Leave Cain alone.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM

I made that up…but really…

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM

What a magnificent distraction from real issues, with so little meat to the story. If a meaningful facts are established I will take another look. In that we have a country on the brink of disaster and in light of our recent history of illicit sex in the Clinton’s Oral Office, this is not significant.

GaltBlvnAtty on October 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Ask Politico to find out.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

JStew on October 31, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Thanks for a great read. Also from that story…..

The fact that Geraldo Rivera, he of Al Capone’s-empty-vault fame, was on the air on Fox News demanding that Cain call into his show to address the charges indicates that elites on both sides of the aisle fear that Cain will defeat their anointed one.

Truth.

Knucklehead on October 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Meanwhile over 200 Mexicans are believed to be still dead from Obama’s and Holder’s “Fast and Furious” murder spree. The diversion plans of George Soros are now working very well as he now has his willing auxiliaries doing his bidding.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

It’s Perry or Romney. Take your pick.

Marcus on October 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Wow, tough choice. Going to have to say Perry on this one. That whole Second Amendment, AGW, Gay Marriage, Abortion and health care enchilada is hard to swallow.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Did you invite a woman to your hotel room?

Correct answer: No. The only woman I ever invited to my hotel room was my wife.
Wrong answer: That, I don’t recall.

Marcus on October 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

The wife would not let me drink beer at Chuck E. Cheese..But I still do not think it would have helped the taste of their pizza..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:08 PM

betsyz on October 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Which is why Chuck E. Cheeses sell beer on tap.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

They sell beer!!!???
I I guess that’s why my wife didn’t let me see the menu.
Ü

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Mark Levin weighs in from a legal standpoint, and he also has no kind words for Politico’s Jonathan Martin and Kenneth Vogel. The latter has been behind smear pieces against Palin and Bachmann among other conservatives.

onlineanalyst on October 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

There has been a mass outbreak of sheepleococcus on hotair. Somebody better check the ventilation.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Excellent post…:)

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:10 PM

It’s Perry or Romney. Take your pick.

Marcus on October 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Plus I think you can throw Newt and Cain in the mix..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:11 PM

They sell beer!!!???
I I guess that’s why my wife didn’t let me see the menu.
Ü

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Yep, they sure do! The marketing guy who thought up that idea was brilliant.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

You are on a roll..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:08 PM

My wife wouldn’t let me have beer a Chuck E’s either. That’s why she is no longer my wife.

darwin-t on October 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:08 PM

They sell beer!!!???
I I guess that’s why my wife didn’t let me see the menu.
Ü

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

OK…creepy..and it’s Halloween.

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Plus I think you can throw Newt and Cain in the mix..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Yes, definitely Newt. Cain is going to have the huge obstacle to overcome called the LSM and their constant drumming of his reputation for days to come.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I still say this should be Herb Cain’s response..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Plus I think you can throw Newt and Cain in the mix..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Maybe your mix. The First Lady : Mistress #2 Wife #3? The man who “can’t recall” inviting women other than the Mrs. to his hotel room?

Oh, what fun.

Marcus on October 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM

darwin-t on October 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM

rofl..You owe me a monitor..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Trick or Treat in Occupy San Francisco. Hilarious.

bloggless on October 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Marcus on October 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Good point..But you never know..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Tomorrow’s date will be 11-1-11.
Then, in ten days time, it will be 11-11-11.
Whoa.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Did you invite a woman to your hotel room?

Correct answer: No. The only woman I ever invited to my hotel room was my wife.
Wrong answer: That, I don’t recall.

Marcus on October 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Yeah, that’s a little squishy, like, maybe saving some wiggle room, just in case. I’d like to think it was just inartful phrasing.

a capella on October 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM

politico needs to come up clean…

backfire, backfire, backfire

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM

My wife wouldn’t let me have beer a Chuck E’s either.

darwin-t on October 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Welcome to the club…:(

That’s why she is no longer my wife.

I just popped a tall one when I got home…..

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:18 PM

What we really need now is a GOP Debate..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Wow, the Republican establishment in full destruction mode.

Amazing what they can do when “outsiders” break through.

rickyricardo on October 31, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Do you have any evidence to support your wild claim? The leak could very well have been from someone in the National Restaurant Association who knew about this harassment claim and settlement, who did not like Cain then or now.

bayview on October 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Tomorrow’s date will be 11-1-11.
Then, in ten days time, it will be 11-11-11.
Whoa.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Cain missed it by two years.
9-9-9 that is.
….wait a tick….

Does this mean 11-11-11 is a comin’????

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:20 PM

every one of Cain’s major opponents

Does that mean that Politico didn’t receive the tip from one of the major opponents? Seems so.

No mention of the minor opponents, however.

Looking at you Mick Huntsman.

SlaveDog on October 31, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I just popped a tall one when I got home…..

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I no longer drink and I realized that she was the driving factor in my drinking and not bad pizza.

darwin-t on October 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM

…hmmm. Format fail on that last one.

SlaveDog on October 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Cain missed it by two years.
9-9-9 that is.
….wait a tick….

Does this mean 11-11-11 is a comin’????

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Yes, it should be. Like Spinal Tap, the candidate could look at Cain and laugh and say, “Yeah, well mine goes up to eleven!”

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Looking at you Mick Huntsman.

SlaveDog on October 31, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Lol, dude, it is Mike Huntsman, not Mick.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 11:23 PM

politico needs to come up clean…

backfire, backfire, backfire

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM

cmsinaz:The whole thing reeks,to political high heaven!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Did you invite a woman to your hotel room?

Correct answer: No. The only woman I ever invited to my hotel room was my wife.
Wrong answer: That, I don’t recall.

Marcus on October 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM

a capella on October 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I just imagine Judge Judy:

“That, I don’t recall.”

“WRONG ANSWER!”

Marcus on October 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Looks like the Greta interview did not go so well for Herb??..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:26 PM

darwin-t on October 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM

I think I understand what you are saying.
For me it has been 25 years married and there have been changes..
Working on them..

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:27 PM

The liberal media just trying to turn the 9-9-9 candidate into the 6-9 candidate. If Cain were a Democrat, they wouldn’t care whether he had $99,999 or these women in his freezer.

TXUS on October 31, 2011 at 11:32 PM

cmsinaz:The whole thing reeks,to political high heaven!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Is there a political high heaven…???
I must re-align my compass 180 degrees.
….Oh wait….
It’s asking for a service charge….forget it…
If it wants to point down, so be it.

How ya doin’?

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Marcus on October 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM

It’s not sex if you can’t remember it. :-D

So far we have:

1.) The Herman Cain walk-back defense.

2.) The Herman Cain joke/non-joke/joke again/but seriously defense.

3.) The Herman Cain is *yawn* sleepy defense.

4.) The Herman Cain apples and oranges defense.

5.) The Herman Cain “I can’t recall” defense.

6.) The Herman Cain “I misunderstood the question” defense.

7.) The Herman Cain “I misspoke” defense.

8.) The Herman Cain pro-life but pro-abortion defense.

Can’t we rally around someone else? :-(

Punchenko on October 31, 2011 at 11:32 PM

WINNER

amend2 on October 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM

cmsinaz:The whole thing reeks,to political high heaven!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM

yup

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:32 PM

what a crazy day

forgot it was even halloween

not one trick or treater came to the door…

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:35 PM

andy85719 on October 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Then you get to vote for Chris Christie come 2016. Joy! /

Punchenko on October 31, 2011 at 11:37 PM

what a crazy day

forgot it was even halloween

not one trick or treater came to the door…

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:35 PM

It has been a little slow this year..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:38 PM

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM
=========
Is there a political high heaven…???
I must re-align my compass 180 degrees.
….Oh wait….
It’s asking for a service charge….forget it…
If it wants to point down, so be it.

How ya doin’?

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Electrongod:Oh man,careful,ya might get Politicaly Repartured too,
haha,I kid!:)

Doing good,no complaints,my cold has subsided!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:38 PM

it appears so…

all ok in your neck of the woods?

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM

not one trick or treater came to the door…

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Same here…
But then I live out in the boonies…
The wife set out Jack-o-lanterns…as she does every year for the last 11 years….but no one comes.

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Cain’s sit-down interview at AEI was great. Highly recommended…

dforston on October 31, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Huntsman. Why on earth is he running at all? There is no chance he will win anything. He is progressive despite his Utah governor time and is tied deeply to Obama, probably enough that Obama has enough dirt on him to force him to throw the election to Obama at the last minute much like McCain did in 2008 or Obama can just simply drop the October surprise. He is the single worst potential person we have in the race.

Ron Paul, I do not care how conservative he is has simply driven himself to an insane position that just cannot be tolerated. While his chances against Obama are pretty low, I think his policies if elected would be devastating, more devastating that a hand cuffed by the congress Obama.

Romney is a progressive at heart and in philosophy. I cannot imagine why anyone in the Republican party is backing him after seeing the train wreck Bush left after his progressive reign as the Republican President of the United States of America, and Bush is far more conservative than Romney is. A Romney presidency will destroy any benefit we got from the Tea Party in short order. By 2014 there will be fewer Republicans in congress than there were in 2009. We will then turn over the country to another extremist Democratic party to run for 2 years as super majorities.

Santorum has a presence issue. No one even knows he is there. No matter what his policies would be in office, none of them would ever get accomplished because just having him speak about them make them so boring that nothing can happen. Pass on him.

Then there is Perry and Cain, both of whom as far as I am concerned are cyphers that cannot be figured out. Cain I just have never felt good about, and looking at this week’s news, I can see why. Perry I felt good about when reading about him as he ran for Governor in Texas and was thinking of getting into the Presidential race, then he talked where I saw him, walked back all of his best statements, and essentially told me that I was a heartless human being because I was not progressive. Pass on these two for now.

Whats this leave us with? Newt Gingrich is about as reliable a conservative as my unaltered United States Mint created silver dollar is at landing on heads every time. Intellectually he is a stalwart conservative with amazingly great ideas. At heart, he is as progressive as Obama, Pelosi and Ried are. His first instincts on any matter are progressive, and only once he has had a chance to study and talk to his friends does he come back to understanding that his first thought was progressive and like all progressive ideas would end up causing more harm than good. I am warming up to him as I cool on everyone else.

Bachmann is the only person in the race that is a triple play for us conservatives. She is a conservative at heart, she is a conservative intellectually and she has fire in the belly that makes people listen to her. Obviously the left are going to hate her, so what, they will hate Romney too. She is my first choice of those who are entered into the race. I really miss the idea of Palin riding to the rescue while shooting an attacking wolf. Oh well.

astonerii on October 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Doing good,no complaints,my cold has subsided!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I couldn’t tell you had a cold…..
Must be the internet filter :)

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:42 PM

No names, no comments………. No story, moving on.

ThePrez on October 31, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:40 PM

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:44 PM

all ok in your neck of the woods?

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Thumbs up here..Wearing shades it is so bright..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:46 PM

O/T,it was 43B,now 98B!
=======================

Proposed Calif. high-speed rail project, from SF to Anaheim, to cost $98B – AP
56 Min. ago

********************************

APNewsBreak: Calif. rail project to cost $98B
Updated: 10/31/2011 07:29:21 PM
********************************

SACRAMENTO, Calif.—The new business plan for California’s high-speed rail system shows the nation’s most ambitious state rail project could cost nearly $100 billion in inflation-adjusted funding over a 20-year construction period, far above the amount originally projected.
The plan, which was shared late Monday with The Associated Press, also shows the system would be profitable even at the lowest ridership estimates and would not require public subsidies to operate.

The report estimates the actual cost at $98.5 billion if the route between San Francisco and Anaheim is completed in 2033. It assumes private investment will account for roughly 20 percent of the final cost.

The initial estimate to build the system when voters approved bond funding for it in 2008 was $43 billion in non-adjusted dollars.

=============================================
=============================================

We go back,to 2009!

APRIL 17, 2009
U.S. Commits $13 Billion to Aid High-Speed Rail
***********************************************

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Thursday called for spending at least $13 billion to launch a “new era” of high-speed passenger rail transportation, sparking competition among states and providing a potentially rich new market for rail equipment makers.

Besides allocating $8 billion in stimulus funds for high-speed rail, Mr. Obama said he would seek to budget $5 billion more over the next five years.
(More….)

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Do you know what would be kewwlll…?

… If Hot Air would have a single Herman Cain post.

Don’t you think with all the news he is worth it…?

… I mean, what’s all these posts about Cleaver Huntsman?

Seven Percent Solution on October 31, 2011 at 11:46 PM

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:44 PM

It’s a sad night but…
She loves the elbow room the rest of the 264 days of the year.
Living in the country on a couple acres…boxed in like a turtle’s (BEEP).
Trees….many trees.

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Completely offtopic, but Stephen Colbert just interviewed two OWS representatives and it was awesome.

strictnein on October 31, 2011 at 11:48 PM

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM
===========
Thumbs up here..Wearing shades it is so bright..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Dire Straits:Dude…Pelosi should wear shades,I think she suffers
from Pelosium!:)

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Chuck E. Cheese’s is a vast conspiracy to indoctrinate children for Vegas gambling.

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Why, looky here! Another Cain thread.
Allah, Ed, you could have rented that mule by the hour. Who talked you into a long term lease?

katy the mean old lady on October 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

astonerii on October 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Newt isn’t a progressive and is the only one — outside of Perry — that has an actual conservative record to run on.

I’m sorry no one likes Bachmann. :-(

Punchenko on October 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

katy the mean old lady on October 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I’m beating the hell out of this mule and will need another soon. :-)

Punchenko on October 31, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Are you watching MNF?! Unbelievable!

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Okay,thread,…kinda related,

this Cain thingy,reeks of sh*t,and so,
ta da,the Dems might have a solution!!
=======================================

Democrat Lawmaker Proposes DIAPER Act
**************************************

– Will Force Government to Subsidize Diapers (Video)
Saturday, October 29, 2011, 11:15 AM
*************************************

Far left Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D.-Conn.) wants government to subsidize diapers.
Human Events reported:

An economic recovery bill authored by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D.-Conn.) seeks to empower struggling families by directing the federal government to distribute free diapers through day care centers.

The Diaper Investment and Aid to Promote Economic Recovery Act (DIAPER Act) would “relieve some of the stress on families facing hardship in this economy” by providing this direct service, DeLauro said in a letter to congressional colleagues urging them to co-sponsor her bill.

Without diapers, children are not allowed to attend day care, said DeLauro, who described those in need as a “lost generation of Americans.”
==============

canopfor on October 30, 2011 at 7:16 AM

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 11:54 PM

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Now there is something that I never thought…
My daughter hated going there the one time…
So we went to Disneyland….where there is no gambling but lots of waiting in-line with your wallet open….
I felt violated…but was entertained…that feeling didn’t last long when the wife at the hotel broke down the cost analysis of this vacation….
Got to love her for keeping me informed…
I just wish it was after we got home…

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I’m beating the hell out of this mule and will need another soon. :-)

Punchenko on October 31, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Make sure to take a minute to feed and water him. It’s a dead horse, live mule. Got it?

katy the mean old lady on October 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Why, looky here! Another Cain thread.

katy the mean old lady on October 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

They’re trying to get their money’s worth out of all those stock photo’s they bought of Cain.

Until these so called “ladies who were harmed” come forward, there is no story.

How much does it cost to lease a mule?

Knucklehead on October 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Herman Cain is experienced. He is ten times more experienced than Obama. Cain’s experience just doesn’t happen to be in politics. Perhaps it is time for a leader who knows how to run something rather than how to run for re-election.

Mallard T. Drake on October 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

It’s a dead horse, live mule. Got it?

katy the mean old lady on October 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Uh oh! Too late. :-(

Punchenko on October 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Mallard T. Drake on October 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

+100
Make it 1000

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Until these so called “ladies who were harmed” come forward, there is no story.

How much does it cost to lease a mule?

Knucklehead on October 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

This is America and we have the right to face our accuser/s.
Until then this is a Progressive witch hunt and nothing else.

darwin-t on November 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM