Quotes of the day

posted at 9:45 pm on October 30, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Herman Cain and Mitt Romney top The Des Moines Register’s new Iowa Poll, with the retired pizza executive edging the former Massachusetts governor 23 percent to 22 percent in the race for the Republican presidential nomination.

“Cain has surged 13 percentage points since the first Iowa Poll of the caucus cycle, conducted in late June. His rise has come despite spending little time in Iowa recently, campaigning here just once since the Aug. 13 Iowa straw poll, where he placed fifth…

“Texas Gov. Rick Perry was not yet a candidate when the June poll was conducted. But he soared to the top of national polls when he entered the race in August. However, after a string of much-criticized debate performances, his star dimmed nationally. He’s at 7 percent in the new Iowa Poll, tied with former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich for fifth place.”

***

“Cain, however, said he plans to ‘dial back’ his campaign and media appearances in order to avoid missteps. Since climbing in the polls, he has had a series of fumbles, forcing him to clarify comments on abortion, immigration and terrorism suspects.

“Cain has chalked up the mistakes to a grueling campaign schedule jammed with media interviews. Such itineraries are standard fare on the presidential campaign trail and it is unclear how aggressively he will restrict his schedule…

“‘When you’re too tired you’re not on your ‘A game,” the 65-year-old Georgia businessman told a throng of reporters who greeted the arrival of his bus on the Samford campus.

“He said it was a mistake to schedule interviews immediately following debates. Cain maintained he did not flip-flop on issues, but simply did not hear questions properly.”

***

“Rick Perry excels at retail politics and in one-on-ones with local and national media. His past campaigns have also excelled at social media. They have also excelled at attacking past opponents very effectively, but the current opponents, Mitt Romney and Herman Cain, aren’t likely to succumb to normal political opposition attacks. Romney’s known knowns are baked in. Everyone knows he’s a flip-flopper, but most Republicans are willing to vote for him against Obama if they have to. Herman Cain is too likeable and he’s made of Teflon right now. Nothing is sticking to him. Attacks on Cain will blow back on whoever launches them.

“So I don’t think Perry can effectively attack either one without damaging himself

“The solution? Perry needs to go retail and talk radio/online media in a big way. Perry should forget the attacks on Romney, just deliver his message and explain his record in a disciplined and relentless way. Do multiple daily appearances in Iowa explaining his plans and message to everyday voters, get those appearances captured and posted on YouTube and moved on blogs and social media. Get them in the local newscasts. Run positive issue ads in Iowa and South Carolina. Attack Obama often, get under his skin and make him respond directly to you.”

***

“Which brings us to the second problem: Perry. Although the Texas governor has seen his poll numbers plummet in Iowa—from a high of 29 percent in early September to a low of 6 percent in October—as he has elsewhere, Perry’s heartfelt and hard-core Evangelical convictions and his tea-party bona fides, combined with his campaign’s capacity to mount a full-bore organizing blitz on the ground and drop a metric ton of negative TV ads from the air, make him a significant threat to rebound in the state. And indeed, at the Faith & Freedom dinner, Perry clearly signaled his intent to play hard for the affections of the religious right…

“Then there is the third problem, which revolves around the metanarrative of the campaign. If Romney decides to go all-in in Iowa, the national story line will shift in a direction that the candidate and his team have successfully kept it from doing all year—making the caucuses, instead of New Hampshire, the first test of his strength, and making central the question of whether Romney can slay the demons of 2008. ‘Iowa will become all about Mitt the minute he gets in it,’ says a Republican operative unaligned with any campaign. ‘This will tell us whether Mitt Romney has really matured. If he’s grown up into a guy who could be president, he won’t do it. I think Iowa is Lucy and the football for him.’

“A number of Romney’s senior advisers are broadly sympathetic to this view. But others are increasingly tempted to take the plunge. Below the radar, Romney’s people in Iowa have labored long and mightily to maintain the network of activists and volunteers who were behind the governor in the last go-round. And with each passing day that the field remains fragmented and Perry remains unable to revivify himself, the lure of Iowa only grows for those in Romney’s Boston brain trust.”

***

“I find myself siding with the conventional wisdom. Unelected Businessguy With a Plan generally ends up imploding from lack of experience campaigning and failing to recognize that the Plan will invariably attract many critics. Moreover, the presidency is not a Senate seat; voters — including GOP primary voters — set the bar higher. For all the criticism leveled at people in early caucus and primary states like Iowa and New Hampshire, their arrogance signals they take the process seriously. When push comes to shove, most do not see the presidency as an entry-level position. This is why it’s not surprising that Romney is currently tied-to-leading Cain even in more conservative arenas like Iowa and South Carolina, and is well ahead in more moderate venues like New Hampshire and Florida. It’s also why a focus group in Ohio (admittedly unscientific) likes Cain but cannot see him as president (Romney supporters note: Perry not well-liked by the group). It is one thing to tell a pollster your preference months away from an actual vote; it’s another when casting a vote you might think matters.”

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Via Mediaite.

***

“At Friday night New Hampshire appearance, Texas topper has some must-see moments — like most of you have never seen him before.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ted Nugent, the only VP whom Barack Obama could have that would make me take a bullet for Obama.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:35 AM

The best bluegrass group ever.

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Nope, Uncle Ted is definitely full-throttle GOP. He hunts with a family friend. Ted gets special Zebra brand arrows manufactured for his hunting. My friend was given two hundred by Uncle Ted as a gift. Ted is still killing animals.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Nugent’s a patriot but his need to go kill innocent animals for sport is a big reason why I don’t especially like him.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Everything you want to know about Uncle Ted’s attitude towards Obama and Hillary can be found here.

listens2glenn on October 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM

And everything you should want to know about how “Uncle ‘Excrement Adventures’ Nugent” really feels about his own country was found caked and soaked in his pants when Uncle Sam said, “I want you.”.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:41 AM

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Very good group..:)

PS..While scanning the comments I noticed this song..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 12:45 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Nugent does very much enjoy killing helpless animals, even in caged “hunts”, he really gets off on it, and the less “sport” the better, is certainly true, but it is not true that he is a patriot. He is no more a patriot than Barack Obama is Thomas Jefferson. Some talk about how foolish some people must have been to fall for Obama’s “Hope and Change” and Al Gore’s “Global Warming”, but to fall for “Nugent is a Patriot” is beyond even that.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Ted is still killing animals.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Of course he is. He likes it. He gets off on it. But no mater how many helpless animals he kills, he was, is, and always will be, a coward.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Herman Cain finally reached the pinnacle (abyss?) of liberal hate and fear. The Huffington Compost is “reporting” that two women have accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment from when he was with the National Restaurant Association. Herman finally gets the Anita Hill treatment, and his prognostication that he would be the victim of a high tech lynching has come to pass.

eaglewingz08 on October 31, 2011 at 12:54 AM

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:31 AM

My apologies if anything I posted here came across as ‘admiration’ for ‘Uncle’ Ted Nugent. He is a very visible and vocal entertainment industry celebrity who supports the same political ideology as myself (and some others here).
I’m quite certain that I don’t want to use him as a ‘role model’ in anything outside of the political debate as pertains to the Second Amendment, and behaving properly in the fields and woods as an ethical hunter.
If you’re going to criticize me (or others) for invoking Ted’s name on threads of this nature/subject, then I guess I’ll just have to ‘shrug my shoulders and take it.’
But I’m not going to cease and desist with using Ted’s celebrity (you would say ‘notoriety’) status just because it’s going to offend you, or anyone else.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I noticed this song..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I have a weakness for Prine. Great song!

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2011 at 12:57 AM

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I kill & grill animals, too. : )

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 12:59 AM

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Fine, but I will look elsewhere. There are plenty of fine dogs to lay down with where you won’t get up with flies.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 1:04 AM

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2011 at 12:57 AM

I have the weakness also..:)

PS..Here is another..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:06 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2011 at 12:40 AM

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Are you two among the people who believe that Walt Disney was a prophet of God, sent to teach us what our relationships with animals are really suppose to be like?

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Men who so easily tolerate the inferior suffer a master, and show themselves proud and servile at the same time.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 1:07 AM

PS..Here is another..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:06 AM

GREAT footage! Thanks, my friend!

It’s sandman time for me…

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2011 at 1:10 AM

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 1:06 AM

My comment was about Nugent’s need to kill innocent animals.
it’s anything but a secret here that i don’t like sport hunting…and i’ve always found Disney to be treacly PC crap.
I’m more of a WB girl-think Daffy or Slappy the Squirrel.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 1:06 AM

And you apparently think Ted “Canned Hunt” and Excrement Adventures” Nugent is a prophet of Allah sent to instruct you on courage and patriotism.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Enjoyed it friend..Later..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Lol, it is laying with dogs and FLEAS, not FLIES. Oh geez.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Inky Blinky Parley Puss: Suck it, you loser. You suck.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Brave Ted Nugent ran away
Bravely, ran away…away…
When Vietnam reared its ugly head
He crapped his pants and bravely turned his tail and fled
Yes, brave Ted Nugent turned about
And gallantly he chickened out
Bravely talking to his feet
He beat a very brave although very smelly retreat
Bravest of the brave, Ted Nugent

Cheshire Cat on October 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Inky Blinky Parley Puss: Suck it, you loser. You suck.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Corrected…:)

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:18 AM

You just missed the John Prine session..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:18 AM

You just missed the John Prine session..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:23 AM

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

I don’t think of Ted as anything but a guitar playing celebrity who participates ‘hands on’ in killing the animals he’s going to eat. He’s no more a prophet of any deity-you-care-to-name than you or I.
He agrees with me as pertains to hunting and the Second Amendment.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Lol, it is laying with dogs and FLEAS, not FLIES. Oh geez.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:18 AM

In Ted “Excrement Adventures” Nugent’s case it would be flies. Fleas are attracted to blood. Flies are attracted to $hit. Try to keep up.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Inky Blinky Parley Puss: Suck it, you loser. You suck.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Corrected…:)

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM

You are as much of a William Shakespeare as Nugent is an Audy Murphy.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 1:30 AM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Well maybe you didn’t..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:32 AM

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 1:27 AM

I’m having some trouble keeping up with you, here.
It’s difficult typing while scratching for fleas and swatting flies, damn it.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 1:34 AM

You are as much of a William Shakespeare as Nugent is an Audy Murphy.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 1:30 AM

It is Audie Murphy, do try and keep up, puss.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:35 AM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Well maybe you didn’t..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Wow, bookmarked and instant fan. Awesome.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:41 AM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:41 AM

If you get into John Prine you will definitely become a fan..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I’m more of a WB girl-think Daffy or Slappy the Squirrel.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Going back to a previous post of yours to point out some common ground (albeit weak) we might have.
I’m a Warner Bros Fanatic myself, the Animaniacs are my favorite, and Slappy is definitely my favorite Animaniac.
Bumbi’s Mom, is my favorite Slappy cartoon.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 1:45 AM

If you get into John Prine you will definitely become a fan..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I can count on one hand the musicians who win me over with their first line. Very rare. Thanks.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:46 AM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:46 AM

One of the few remaining folk singers we have left..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:53 AM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:46 AM

One of the few remaining folk singers we have left..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Awesome my friend.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 1:59 AM

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 1:45 AM

My mother insists that as I age-I’m 41-I’m slowly mutating into Slappy…unlike my mother who is a real-life ‘Maxine’-of Hallmark Card fame. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Toad The Wet Sprocket – Something’s Always Wrong

Dedicated to Linky Blinky Parley Puss

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 2:09 AM

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 1:45 AM

I just watched the episode.
ROTFL!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM

I hunt, my biggest so far, bagged and tagged. I feel no shame. Nothing went to waste, meat was taken home, skin and rack was donated to the Boy Scouts, I also kept the ivorys. Elk is not gamey tasting, they are grazers like cows and buffalo. A year’s worth of good red meat. I lived on a farm, I have killed untold numbers of innocent animals personally. We raised chickens and Muscovy ducks for eggs and meat. I also hunt pheasant and duck. White tail deer in Iowa are very yummy, they browse on corn here, a lot less gamey tasting then Mule Deer in CO. I was taught to hunt and fish for food but it does not make it less fun or exciting. I know one thing, my family will not be going hungry if the stores run out of food. If you eat meat or fish, someone killed it.

IowaWoman on October 31, 2011 at 3:15 AM

O/T
—-

Early Morning Intel Alert
————————-

I do wonder,if China would pull this kind
of BeSmirchment of the Daly Lama if there was
a Republican President in office!

Another,Progressive Socialist Administration’s
outstanding DalyLama Rear Exit Garbage Area

Foreign Policy Catostrophic Failure at the
hands of Hopey/Changeys treatment of the Daly
Lama!
==========

China invokes Waco siege in criticizing Dalai Lama – Reuters
2 hrs ago

*****************************

China invokes Waco siege in denouncing Dalai Lama
*************************************************

Reuters) – Chinese state media denounced the Dalai Lama on Monday for his views on reincarnation, saying that the exiled Buddhist monk was trying to revise history, compounding his crimes as a separatist.
BEIJING | Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:51am EDT
***************************************

Now 75, the Dalai Lama, a regular target of Chinese denunciations, has said he will not be reborn in China if Tibet is not free.

“The Dalai Lama’s goal in denouncing the Chinese government’s right to supervise reincarnation is to preserve his clique’s grasp on the symbol of the next reincarnation and serve his political separatist aims,” the commentary said.

To help make its point, the commentary borrowed from recent American history, when U.S. federal agents raided the headquarters of David Koresh’s Branch Davidian religious sect in Waco, Texas, amid allegations of child abuse, statutory rape and underage marriage.

“At that time, David Koresh called himself Jesus, ensnared large groups of followers, publicly opposed national law, and in 1993 he was eliminated by federal agents who even used tanks,” the paper said.
(More…)
==============

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 4:45 AM

I just watched the episode.
ROTFL!
annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Hadn’t you seen that one previously? I brought it up because it related (loosely) to the subject of hunting.

I can remember most of the Animaniacs episodes by description , only a few by name.
Potty Emergency,
The Candy Shop,
Space Probed,
The International Friendship Song,
Meet Minerva
Another couple of Slappy episodes would be:
I Got Yer Can, and
Woodstock Slappy
Could you imagine Slappy at the Woodstock Music & Art Show? Well, the producers could, and did it.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 4:55 AM

If you eat meat or fish, someone killed it.

IowaWoman on October 31, 2011 at 3:15 AM

Quote from the movie Jerimiah Johnson, the character “Bear Claw” Chris Lapp played by Will Greer:

“Can’t figure them people down below eating on hog, when they could be eating on elk.”

Some of our fellow human carivores can ‘handle’ killing, only if it’s done behind closed doors. And then they won’t eat any meat that doesn’t come in shrink-wrap.
It’s all part of the post WWII ‘societal change’ and ‘conditioning’ that has taken over our country.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 5:14 AM

I do wonder,if China would pull this kind
of BeSmirchment of the Daly Lama if there was
a Republican President in office!

canopfor on October 31, 2011 at 4:45 AM

I can’t say they wouldn’t, but they would try to be more clandestine about it.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Our Muslim ‘Partners in Peace’ strike again

October 30, 2011:
Australian soldiers in Afghanistan are in shock after one of the local men they were tasked with training opened fire on them, killing three and wounding seven.

The Afghan National Army (ANA) soldier gunned down the Australian members of Mentoring Task Force 3 just as they ended a regular weekly parade at a forward operating base at Shah Wali Kot in Kandahar province on Saturday.

Three Australians – a corporal, captain and lance corporal – were killed, making it the single deadliest attack on Australian forces during the entire Afghanistan campaign.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 5:47 AM

I refuse to “settle”.

kingsjester on October 31, 2011 at 5:54 AM

The ADF has launched an investigation to determine whether the gunman, from the ANA’s 6th Kandak unit, was a Taliban or terrorist infiltrator, or whether there was another motivation for the attack.

“It is critical we show restraint and reserve our judgments until the investigation is complete,” General Hurley cautioned.

I am sure they will determine that it had nothing, nothing I tell you, to do with the Koran. Even if he was yelling Allah Akbar!!!

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 6:00 AM

Dedicated to Linky Blinky Parley Puss

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2011 at 2:09 AM

You sound like a 6 year old, and one who can’t even rhyme. If you are any older than 8, you must really be an embarrassment to your mom.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 6:16 AM

kingsjester on October 31, 2011 at 5:54 AM

excellent KJ

a must read folks!

cmsinaz on October 31, 2011 at 7:10 AM

Ouch. That Perry vid is brutal. He’s toast toasted.

Buy Danish on October 31, 2011 at 8:19 AM

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 6:16 AM

I’ve always found your moniker amusing.

DrMagnolias on October 31, 2011 at 8:39 AM

DrMagnolias on October 31, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I always thought it was “Inky Pinky Parlez Vous”… a rather bawdy song.

Fallon on October 31, 2011 at 8:51 AM

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 6:16 AM

I can act younger than that.

Nyaah nyaah de boo boo

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 9:13 AM

I refuse to “settle”.

kingsjester on October 31, 2011 at 5:54 AM

Good piece. And I agree. Settling is for dust.

rrpjr on October 31, 2011 at 9:37 AM

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 1:06 AM

My comment was about Nugent’s need to kill innocent animals.
I’m more of a WB girl-think Daffy or Slappy the Squirrel.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Twerp, I have never run across a guilty animal in my life. They are all innocent whether domesticated or wild. Many of them are also extremely tasty.

Dr Evil on October 31, 2011 at 10:02 AM

You know, instead of attacking other candidates, I will use my first comment to promote my guy.
TheRightMan on October 30, 2011 at 10:03 PM

What are you promoting him to? Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms?

Buy Danish on October 31, 2011 at 10:23 AM

BTW, if you Google “Rick Perry drunk” you get 11,100,00 results. This is not good. I await theories from Hot Air’s Tin Foil Hat contingent, like -A Romney operative dropped a mickey in Perry’s iced-tea.

Buy Danish on October 31, 2011 at 10:32 AM

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 1:07 AM

LOL funny coming from someone who accepts without deep thought that LBJ’s draft was respectable and acceptable in the first place. I guess you’d also say that runaway slaves committed terrible, dishonorable acts because they broke the law whenever they decided to run. Bow before your masters, indeed.

What gave politicians the moral right to pick who deserved deferrments, and who didn’t? The Creator most certainly did not give them that authority. Even though I am not 100% supportive of how he chose to evade the draft, I’m still glad Ted didn’t let shameful, self-serving Washington bureaucrats use him for cannon fodder.

Bizarro No. 1 on October 31, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

RE: Toby Keith – you may have googled it – but you went to some lefty liar site.

Toby Keith was a Democrat. In 2001 he wrote Courtesy of The Red, White and Blue as a tribute to his father (who had just passed away) and 9/11. He took a lot of flack for it (see, the Dixie Chicks). He supported GWB’s re-election in 2004 and then registered in 2008 as an Independent. He praised Obama for his 2004 DNC speech but wondered if it were possible for him to ‘learn on the job.’ However as it got closer to 2008 became more disenchanted with the Dem party and did NOT vote for Obama.

What Toby Keith and Ted Nugent have to do with the topic is really beyond me – but in that – truth and fact are the most important thing to remember when commenting (if you can – I know it’s really hard for liberals/dems).

And oh yes, camel is mighty tasty too. I’m all for People Eating Tasty Animals!

jackal40 on October 31, 2011 at 11:36 AM

My comment was about Nugent’s need to kill innocent animals.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

What need do people have to kill innocent cattle in slaughterhouses, or kill innocent mink raised on farms for their pelts? Humans can survive without meat, and without fur coats, right?

God must hate all of us who would exploit His creatures in such inhumane ways.

Bizarro No. 1 on October 31, 2011 at 11:38 AM

You blew it with me, man. I’d been hoping you were different. But you tucked your tail between your legs like all the rest of them and took your beating and made your politically-correct peace offering.

Phuck ‘em all. It’s third party for me.

rrpjr on October 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I guess Jesus was dumb for not throwing Peter under a donkey after he denied Him 3 times?

What is it with this rush to condemn everyone on our side so quickly? Romney maybe looked a little weak-kneed in Ohio about the union issue, but he didn’t flip-flop. In fact, the next day he said what he should have said in the first place. That still wasn’t good enough for some who seem to only be able to see in black and white – anything short of perfection is failure to these people. What a standard!

Shouldn’t Romney have been congratulated for clarifying instead of being called a flip-flopper? Shouldn’t you wait to see how Cain recovers before giving up on him like this?

Bizarro No. 1 on October 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM

he’s a runaway slave from the Democrat plantation. He’s gotta be made an example for others.

2011, new master (Uncle Sam) same slave mentality.

Sad loss for America.

PappyD61 on October 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I promise you that I hadn’t read this post before the one I typed at 11:28 – lol it looks like I might have been plagarizing your terminology!

The truth is, I had only read the second page of comments when I made my post, before I ever read the first. It’s not difficult to do, but it looks like it’s an impossible task for so many of them.

Why are these Republicans so freaking stupid to go on these network shows.

ugggggghhhh.

PappyD61 on October 30, 2011 at 11:51 PM

I understand why you react that way, but it’s my opinion that these shows shouldn’t be avoided. However, that comes with a caveat – the GOPers shouldn’t go on them until they know they won’t let hostile interviewers like Shieffer set the agenda.

Bizarro No. 1 on October 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Opps it should have been:

…However, that comes with a caveat – the GOPers shouldn’t go on them until they know they won’t let hostile interviewers like Shieffer set the agenda. It’s not difficult to do, but it looks like it’s an impossible task for so many of them.

FIFM

Bizarro No. 1 on October 31, 2011 at 12:23 PM

God must hate all of us who would exploit His creatures in such inhumane ways.

Bizarro No. 1 on October 31, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Important to clarify which ‘God’ we’re talking about, as so many of us recognize different gods, and some recognize no god at all.

The God of Israel and the Holy Bible was the first to ‘exploit’ animals, and he did it personally. Gen 3:21.
Gen 4:4 doesn’t specifically state (in the English translation) that Abel killed his offering, but I believe it is implied.
Gen 8:20 Noah offered a burnt sacrafice to God, after coming out of the Ark.
Gen 9:3 was the ordination/decree of a carnivorous diet, DIRECT from God.

No one is obligated to recognize the same god I do or any god at all, for that matter.

But, if you’re trying to impress upon me that any deliberate/intentioned killing of any animal [(wild or domestic) for the purpose of using (exploitiing) it to aid or improve my living] is against the WILL of the God of the Bible, then I’m going to politely, but firmly disagree with you, AND continue the practice of it anyway.

What I will add is God opposes waste. Killing animals that are not causing you a problem (rats, mice, groundhogs, skunks, etc), just for the sake of killing, and then not using it in some legitimate way is WASTE.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 4:22 PM

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Hint as to where I was coming from: since animals are incapable of respecting our rights as a species, I don’t believe animals have any rights i.e. clearly, I am an arrogant, heartless speciesist.

Just as cats animalistically toy with birds and mice before killing them without receiving judgement, I say that humans have no ethical obligation to avoid eating meat, wearing fur, or hunting for fun if they so choose, and I also say that people who don’t agree with me about this are living with a warped, unnecessarily burdensome sense of morality! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on October 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on October 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Yup, sometimes I do misunderstand and misconstrue.
Might’ve helped if I had made clear that my previous post wasn’t just directed at you, but also at inkyBinkyBarleyBoo, and annoyinglittletwerp.
As well as anyone else following, the thread.
I wonder if they’ll weigh back in on this thread since it’s off the main page, now.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Yup, sometimes I do misunderstand and misconstrue.

Oh, that’s ok.

I always think/hope that I am so over the top with my rhetoric in posts like that that people will figure I’m joking, but, since I don’t like to use sarc tags to make my intent completely clear, I can’t/don’t blame anyone who would miscontrue what I type! :)

As well as anyone else following, the thread.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Probably not.

btw, InkyBinkyBarleyBoo’s behavior in this thread makes me think we’ve got a Conservative version of Che Guevara on our hands. What an ugly person.

Bizarro No. 1 on October 31, 2011 at 11:22 PM