Quotes of the day

posted at 9:45 pm on October 30, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Herman Cain and Mitt Romney top The Des Moines Register’s new Iowa Poll, with the retired pizza executive edging the former Massachusetts governor 23 percent to 22 percent in the race for the Republican presidential nomination.

“Cain has surged 13 percentage points since the first Iowa Poll of the caucus cycle, conducted in late June. His rise has come despite spending little time in Iowa recently, campaigning here just once since the Aug. 13 Iowa straw poll, where he placed fifth…

“Texas Gov. Rick Perry was not yet a candidate when the June poll was conducted. But he soared to the top of national polls when he entered the race in August. However, after a string of much-criticized debate performances, his star dimmed nationally. He’s at 7 percent in the new Iowa Poll, tied with former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich for fifth place.”

***

“Cain, however, said he plans to ‘dial back’ his campaign and media appearances in order to avoid missteps. Since climbing in the polls, he has had a series of fumbles, forcing him to clarify comments on abortion, immigration and terrorism suspects.

“Cain has chalked up the mistakes to a grueling campaign schedule jammed with media interviews. Such itineraries are standard fare on the presidential campaign trail and it is unclear how aggressively he will restrict his schedule…

“‘When you’re too tired you’re not on your ‘A game,” the 65-year-old Georgia businessman told a throng of reporters who greeted the arrival of his bus on the Samford campus.

“He said it was a mistake to schedule interviews immediately following debates. Cain maintained he did not flip-flop on issues, but simply did not hear questions properly.”

***

“Rick Perry excels at retail politics and in one-on-ones with local and national media. His past campaigns have also excelled at social media. They have also excelled at attacking past opponents very effectively, but the current opponents, Mitt Romney and Herman Cain, aren’t likely to succumb to normal political opposition attacks. Romney’s known knowns are baked in. Everyone knows he’s a flip-flopper, but most Republicans are willing to vote for him against Obama if they have to. Herman Cain is too likeable and he’s made of Teflon right now. Nothing is sticking to him. Attacks on Cain will blow back on whoever launches them.

“So I don’t think Perry can effectively attack either one without damaging himself

“The solution? Perry needs to go retail and talk radio/online media in a big way. Perry should forget the attacks on Romney, just deliver his message and explain his record in a disciplined and relentless way. Do multiple daily appearances in Iowa explaining his plans and message to everyday voters, get those appearances captured and posted on YouTube and moved on blogs and social media. Get them in the local newscasts. Run positive issue ads in Iowa and South Carolina. Attack Obama often, get under his skin and make him respond directly to you.”

***

“Which brings us to the second problem: Perry. Although the Texas governor has seen his poll numbers plummet in Iowa—from a high of 29 percent in early September to a low of 6 percent in October—as he has elsewhere, Perry’s heartfelt and hard-core Evangelical convictions and his tea-party bona fides, combined with his campaign’s capacity to mount a full-bore organizing blitz on the ground and drop a metric ton of negative TV ads from the air, make him a significant threat to rebound in the state. And indeed, at the Faith & Freedom dinner, Perry clearly signaled his intent to play hard for the affections of the religious right…

“Then there is the third problem, which revolves around the metanarrative of the campaign. If Romney decides to go all-in in Iowa, the national story line will shift in a direction that the candidate and his team have successfully kept it from doing all year—making the caucuses, instead of New Hampshire, the first test of his strength, and making central the question of whether Romney can slay the demons of 2008. ‘Iowa will become all about Mitt the minute he gets in it,’ says a Republican operative unaligned with any campaign. ‘This will tell us whether Mitt Romney has really matured. If he’s grown up into a guy who could be president, he won’t do it. I think Iowa is Lucy and the football for him.’

“A number of Romney’s senior advisers are broadly sympathetic to this view. But others are increasingly tempted to take the plunge. Below the radar, Romney’s people in Iowa have labored long and mightily to maintain the network of activists and volunteers who were behind the governor in the last go-round. And with each passing day that the field remains fragmented and Perry remains unable to revivify himself, the lure of Iowa only grows for those in Romney’s Boston brain trust.”

***

“I find myself siding with the conventional wisdom. Unelected Businessguy With a Plan generally ends up imploding from lack of experience campaigning and failing to recognize that the Plan will invariably attract many critics. Moreover, the presidency is not a Senate seat; voters — including GOP primary voters — set the bar higher. For all the criticism leveled at people in early caucus and primary states like Iowa and New Hampshire, their arrogance signals they take the process seriously. When push comes to shove, most do not see the presidency as an entry-level position. This is why it’s not surprising that Romney is currently tied-to-leading Cain even in more conservative arenas like Iowa and South Carolina, and is well ahead in more moderate venues like New Hampshire and Florida. It’s also why a focus group in Ohio (admittedly unscientific) likes Cain but cannot see him as president (Romney supporters note: Perry not well-liked by the group). It is one thing to tell a pollster your preference months away from an actual vote; it’s another when casting a vote you might think matters.”

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Via Mediaite.

***

“At Friday night New Hampshire appearance, Texas topper has some must-see moments — like most of you have never seen him before.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Cain is a dirty old man!

I’ve always wanted to be one of those.

John the Libertarian on October 30, 2011 at 9:50 PM

“Romney’s known knowns are baked in. Everyone knows he’s a flip-flopper, but most Republicans are willing to vote for him against Obama if they have to.”

Of course we would vote for him if he was nominated. Fer crissakes, nobody is going to vote for Obama.
The thing is that we don’t want to have to vote for Romney.

NeoKong on October 30, 2011 at 9:53 PM

When you’re too tired you’re not on your ‘A game,

If you can’t handle the process, you most assuredly won’t be able to handle the presidency.

Tommy_G on October 30, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Cain has testosterone! He loves girls!!2

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Perry is tired!

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Romney likes to change his mind! Daily!

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Newt! B a g g a g e !

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM

just deliver his message and explain his record in a disciplined and relentless way……. Attack Obama often, get under his skin and make him respond directly to you.”

THIS

attack, attack, attack…

cmsinaz on October 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Bachmann! T a r d a s i l !

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Oh good Lord, is he drunk????

Knucklehead on October 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Mike Huntsman! (Can’t think of anything negative)

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I actually wish the first debate was this week instead of all of them back to back next week.

I love the caption picture for this thread.

gophergirl on October 30, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Holy cow, was Perry drunk?

Because if he was… get him a few more cases of whiskey!!

JohnGalt23 on October 30, 2011 at 9:59 PM

“We ain’t never had this…An old rotten Eagle’s nest. Nachos and hogwash…this is my juice.”

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:00 PM

“He’s at 7 percent in the new Iowa Poll, tied with former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich for fifth place.”

And may I ask just what is wrong with that…?

Seven Percent Solution on October 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Mike Huntsman! (Can’t think of anything negative)

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Needs Bolton mustache.

SlaveDog on October 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Oh good Lord, is he drunk????

Knucklehead on October 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM

LOL… first comment from a well-known Cainiac attacks Perry… shows who they fear.

By the way, have you seen Rick Perry’s new Iowa ad?

Rick Perry: Doer

You know, instead of attacking other candidates, I will use my first comment to promote my guy.

TheRightMan on October 30, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Schieffer…I’m disgusted by his dishonorable treatment of Herman Cain. I’ve never seen such a condescending tone.
I felt bad for Herman when I watched it…
Will someone seriously call Schieffer on it?

balkanmom on October 30, 2011 at 10:05 PM

I’m going to call it a night.

May you all have dreams of Obama getting ground into election dust next November 2012. By who – TBD!

gophergirl on October 30, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I watched the Perry video. All I can say is, drink whatever you drank that night Governor! I love you, no homo.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:06 PM

The Perry ad is great: positive and a real winning the future message.

Perry looks a little like a cross between Ronald Reagan and Tommy Lee Jones.

onlineanalyst on October 30, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I love you, no homo.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:06 PM

That is my new favorite saying LOL!

Okay now I’m really calling it a night.

gophergirl on October 30, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Oh good Lord, is he drunk????

Knucklehead on October 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM

He does seem a bit larry.

lexhamfox on October 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Seven Percent Solution on October 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM

heh

cmsinaz on October 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Why do these clowns have to attack each other? Why can NOT ONE of them contrast his vision, or a GOP vision with the ideology of Obama and the liberal democrats? Why?

Skandia Recluse on October 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Will someone seriously call Schieffer on it?

balkanmom on October 30, 2011 at 10:05 PM

doubtful…i’m sure the rest of the sunday shows gave bob a high five…

cmsinaz on October 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Mike Huntsman! (Can’t think of anything negative)

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Needs Bolton mustache.

SlaveDog on October 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM

That would be a game changer.

Kataklysmic on October 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Bob Schiffer: Fort Worth, Texas called, they want to rescind your birth-ship. Hey, the phucking bags under your eyes offends me, you stupid liberal POS fossil.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Perry looks a little like a cross between Ronald Reagan and Tommy Lee Jones.

onlineanalyst on October 30, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Portrayed by Dana Carvey.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Seriously, Bob Scheffer is just Dan Rather that hasn’t faked documents to demonize a Republican yet.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Perry/Rubio 2012 God, guns, and great barbeque.

NickDeringer on October 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Here is the full speech (25 minutes) to see it in context:

And here are the MSM reports of the same speech — the reporters all gave it positive reviews:

Washington Post

ABC News

Concord Monitor

He was before a friendly crowd of social conservative activists.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on October 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

So Cain meekly takes his preachy browbeating by some old-maidish MSM hack. Big mistake, Herman. You had a golden opportunity and blew it. You could have told the scolding nanny-stater to pound sand, that every American is a sovereign individual with the right to smoke or not smoke and its no business of the government or its handmaiden media to lecture us one way or another. You could have roused the grassroots like nobody’s business. We’ve all been waiting for these pious busybodies who hate our guts to get their rhetorical teeth bashed in, and you caved.

You blew it with me, man. I’d been hoping you were different. But you tucked your tail between your legs like all the rest of them and took your beating and made your politically-correct peace offering.

Phuck ‘em all. It’s third party for me.

rrpjr on October 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Willie Nelson | Pancho And Lefty

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Contact high.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Phuck ‘em all. It’s third party for me.

rrpjr on October 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Sorry to hear that.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:26 PM

THE HIGHWAYMEN | THE HIGHWAYMAN

Three Texans and a Tennesseeian.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Phuck ‘em all. It’s third party for me.

rrpjr on October 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I hope you’ll enjoy King Barry’s new SCOTUS picks/

Knucklehead on October 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Skandia Recluse on October 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Well, there is this fella from the Gulf Coast of Texas… he’s gotta plan to cut $1 trillion from our budget in Year 1…

JohnGalt23 on October 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Willie Nelson | Pancho And Lefty

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Contact high.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Ugh, Toby Keith voted for Barrack Obama. How are you friend?

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Ugh, Toby Keith voted for Barrack Obama. How are you friend?

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

WHAT!!??? Are you serious?
I am doing good…well…now I am not. He voted for Obama??

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Did somebody slip Perry some pot laced brownies? I kept waiting for him to say he was hungry. Of course I didn’t watch the whole thing so maybe he did.

boomer on October 30, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Ugh, Toby Keith voted for Barrack Obama. How are you friend?

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Just Googled it.
What a shame..
“Beer for my Cronies”

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Uncle Ted Nugent | Free for All

God bless you, Sir.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Just Googled it.
What a shame..
“Beer for my Cronies”

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Well, supposedly he has recanted his support and is very sorry now. I love this bar.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Uncle Ted Nugent | Free for All

God bless you, Sir.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Now don’t tell me that Ted voted for Obama…He hunts in my backyard…
Well near by.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Here is the full speech by Perry to see it in context (25 minutes):

And here are the MSM reports of the same speech, which were all positive:

Washington Post

(I’m posting this twice because the amount of links out it in moderation).

Aslans Girl on October 30, 2011 at 10:40 PM

I hope you’ll enjoy King Barry’s new SCOTUS picks/

Knucklehead on October 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

You need a better and more inspiring argument. This one is simply too attenuated. It makes some sense, but it’s not enough anymore; it can’t compensate for the tonnage of conditioned compromises and failures and whipped self-loathing — and the promise of more extending out into an indefinite future — within this party.

rrpjr on October 30, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I had to split my links up to get it to post:

ABC News

Concord Monitor

He was speaking to a social conservative activist group.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on October 30, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Well, supposedly he has recanted his support and is very sorry now.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Nice of him to do that. Thanks Toby….You $%#$.

I love this bar.

Lowered just enough so even Obama can walk over it. Raised again just in time for the 2012 elections.
How conveeeenient. (in my Dana Carvey voice)

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Now don’t tell me that Ted voted for Obama…He hunts in my backyard…
Well near by.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Nope, Uncle Ted is definitely full-throttle GOP. He hunts with a family friend. Ted gets special Zebra brand arrows manufactured for his hunting. My friend was given two hundred by Uncle Ted as a gift. Ted is still killing animals.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I love this bar.

How conveeeenient. (in my Dana Carvey voice)

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Well done, my friend. Bowing now, not unlike Obama to numerous communist leaders.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Is this more Howard Dean or more Jim Breuer?

KingGold on October 30, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Nope, Uncle Ted is definitely full-throttle GOP. He hunts with a family friend.
carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM

That’s cool.
I work with this guy that just got back from hunting in Africa.
What stories he tells.
Do you know that most of the natives that he talked to believe that washing your hands after sex with a stranger will rid yourself of the HIV virus.
Not making this up.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Perry’s Cornerstone speech highlights are hilarious… its a toss up between that and the BLR of Perry

gatorboy on October 30, 2011 at 10:58 PM

The Flatlanders – Have you ever seen Dallas from a DC-10 at Night?

True Story: I worked with Jimmie Dale Gilmore’s daughter at a BBQ joint in the late eighties. I was talking with her once and told her that I loved playing guitar and writing songs. She told me of her father and mentioned that he was polishing up an album and that she would bring a tape for me to borrow, as long as I kept it secret. So, for an entire month, I had Jimmie Dale Gilmore’s unpublished and unpolished album. I was 22 and had no idea who Jimmie Dale Gilmore was.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Townes Van Zandt – If I Needed You

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM

That brings me back to my music class days in high school. Playing solo with an acoustic in front of the class…
One man… well boy…in front of a large audience…
Some music to accompany this post.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 11:04 PM

“Even Tim Geithner can get his taxes in on time…”

lol

RalphyBoy on October 30, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Not making this up.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Would not surprise me. Some African tribes will suck on the V-agina of a menstruating cow for some reason. Just gross.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Mike Huntsman! (Can’t think of anything negative)

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM

That’s Klaus Huntsman if you please…!

Seven Percent Solution on October 30, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Oh my, my: Obama campaigning like it’s 1936

Buried in the article is a description of one of FDR’s schemes to tax corporations’ uninvested profits. Will this be ObaMao’s next trick to get businesses to release their unspent earnings? We know why they are reluctant to do so, given the uncertainty of O’s policies and his damage to promoting growth.

FDR’s increasing taxation on the “rich” with what he called the Wealth Tax during this period did not generate the revenue he thought would occur. In fact, he prolonged the Depression.

onlineanalyst on October 30, 2011 at 11:08 PM

One man… well boy…in front of a large audience…
Some music to accompany this post.

Electrongod on October 30, 2

011 at 11:04 PM

Oh man, Foreigner Four takes me back to when my sister would drive me to school in her ’68 Mustang with Foreigner Four blasting on the Eight Track while she was puffing on her Eve’s.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:09 PM

That’s Klaus Huntsman if you please…!

Seven Percent Solution on October 30, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Damn, so it is! Klaus, rhymes with house. Why can’t I remember that?

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:11 PM

2008 presidential voting for Iowa: 828,940(OBAMA), 682,379(McCain).
Doesn’t very conservative to me. Appears that Iowa is actually center left which should make Romney very happy.

chemman on October 30, 2011 at 11:13 PM

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:07 PM

That sure does explain a lot…

Seven Percent Solution on October 30, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Damn, so it is! Klaus, rhymes with house. Why can’t I remember that?

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Because it’s wrong. Everyone who knows the man knows his first name is Kermit. Rhymes with “hermit.”

KingGold on October 30, 2011 at 11:16 PM

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Yep..Foreigner Four was the album that introduced me to the band.
Good times.
For me it was my 73 Pinto station wagon with a newly installed cassette player. Cruzin’ the drag with the windows rolled down.
Did I mention that this Pinto had a Paxton supercharged 302 V8 under the hood?
Glad I didn’t mention that. The engine block had a crack in it and the radiator would spew out steam when doing 1/4 mile drags on the freeway.
Now I drive a Dodge Intrepid (stock) back and forth to work every day.
Oh well.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 11:17 PM

That sure does explain a lot…

Seven Percent Solution on October 30, 2011 at 11:15 PM

OK. I have some keyboard cleaning to do.
Oh wait…..
The monitor too.
D@mn cola.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 11:19 PM

The Nelsons – I Don’t Mind

Winners of the Mtv Basement Tapes and legends in Lubbock in the early eighties. I remember stopping at a gas station in West Texas on my way to Lubbock in the early eighties. I was peeing and looked up as a person moved in to the next urinal. It was Donnie Allison and he knew I recognized him. Hey Donnie, I said, how is it going? “oh, cool man, just touring and recording” It was a moment.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:24 PM

The Nelsons – I Don’t Mind

This time with link!

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Did I mention that this Pinto had a Paxton supercharged 302 V8 under the hood?

Nope, but then you did!
Glad you did not get rear ended! KabooMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:26 PM

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:07 PM

That sure does explain a lot…

Seven Percent Solution on October 30, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Oh no! That is beyond funny! LOL

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Damn, so it is! Klaus, rhymes with house. Why can’t I remember that?

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:11 PM

KingGold on October 30, 2011 at 11:16 PM

See? It is so hard. So Keifer it is.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Nope, but then you did!
Glad you did not get rear ended! KabooMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:26 PM

LOL..

I just played the “I don’t mind” song.
Strange but OK.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 11:32 PM

****don’t look now but the media that couldn’t find shinola on Obama has been able to find the CAIN Smoking gun…sexual harassment charges.

Still looking for that FEARLESS CONSISTENT Conservative in 2012.

…..and has MIKE HUCKABEE gained weight?

He is drifting into GOODYEAR BLIMP territory.

And I love how he’s all on board with Moochie Obama’s “obesity” campaign.

Ruling class, gotta love ‘um…………cause they own us!!!

PappyD61 on October 30, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I just played the “I don’t mind” song.
Strange but OK.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 11:32 PM

You are just being far too kind. That song sucked! Big time loser early eighties MTV crap. :)

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Needs Bolton mustache.

SlaveDog on October 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM

That gives me an idea. Let’s nominate John Bolton for POTUS.

Mustache is already there, great foreign policy experience . . . . . . . . . . but what’s his domestic ideology like?

listens2glenn on October 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I felt bad for Herman when I watched it…
Will someone seriously call Schieffer on it?

balkanmom on October 30, 2011 at 10:05 PM

he’s a runaway slave from the Democrat plantation. He’s gotta be made an example for others.

2011, new master (Uncle Sam) same slave mentality.

Sad loss for America.

PappyD61 on October 30, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Buddy Holly – Peggy Sue

Swan song, tonight’s theme was Lubbock, Texas music. Goodnight all.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:44 PM

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Yes you caught me..
Back in the mid eighties..at my new college dorm…MTV was fairly new.
The In thing was to watch MTV in a smoke infested room with the after taste of chew.
That song I don’t remember seeing. But then I could hardly see the TV.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Electrongod: Never watched MTV in a smoke filled room in college, but I was a nerd, when being a nerd wasn’t cool.

Goodnight my friend.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:49 PM

. Goodnight all.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Take care.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I watched the Schieffer clip

…what a disgusting piece of condescending filth Bob Scheiffer is.

…and Cain didn’t have much choice because Schieffer was going to let him have it no matter what. If Cain had gotten all uppity then Scheiffer would have played the Cancer victim card even louder. Hey Herman DON’T GO ON THAT SHOW WITH THAT LOSER.

Why are these Republicans so freaking stupid to go on these network shows.

ugggggghhhh.

PappyD61 on October 30, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Goodnight my friend.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Memories.
I was a nerd in high school.
I then went to a nerd college…electronics courses. I instantly was cool.
LOL.
Tomorrow.

Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 11:52 PM

HOLY SMOKES! In the Washington Post?!

The Washington Post
Obama: The Affirmative Action President by Matt Patterson (columnist – Washington Post, New York Post, San Francisco Examiner)

August 18, 2011

Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages. How, they will wonder, did a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he could manage the world’s largest economy, direct the world’s most powerful military, execute the world’s most consequential job?

Imagine a future historian examining Obama’s pre-presidential life: ushered into and through the Ivy League despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a “community organizer”; a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, so often did he vote “present”) ; and finally an unaccomplished single term in the United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions. He left n o academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as a legislator.

And then there is the matter of his troubling associations: the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama’s “spiritual mentor”; a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama’s colleague and political sponsor. It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?

John the Libertarian on October 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM

…and Cain didn’t have much choice
PappyD61 on October 30, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Enjoy your stuff but completely disagree. Cain had a choice. They all have a choice. You just need the nerve to cross the dimension no one will cross. These people are paper tigers. I saw a number of ways Cain could have flipped this back on Scieffer and pivoted into a discussion of idnividuality and the conservative ethos.

rrpjr on October 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Uncle Ted Nugent | Free for All
God bless you, Sir.
carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Now don’t tell me that Ted voted for Obama…He hunts in my backyard…
Well near by.
Electrongod on October 30, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Nope, Uncle Ted is definitely full-throttle GOP. . . . . . . . . . .
carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Everything you want to know about Uncle Ted’s attitude towards Obama and Hillary can be found here.

listens2glenn on October 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM

listens2glenn on October 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM

You can’t be confused about Ted’s position with that video.
Cool.

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 12:01 AM

HOLY SMOKES! In the Washington Post?!

The Washington Post
Obama: The Affirmative Action President by Matt Patterson

John the Libertarian on October 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM

We should keep watch to see if anything happens to Matt Patterson.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 12:08 AM

You can’t be confused about Ted’s position with that video.
Cool.

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 12:01 AM

About as clear and eloquent as it gets. : )

Worth noting, he did catch some public criticism for that act from some well-meaning conservatives, one of whom was Glenn Beck.

listens2glenn on October 31, 2011 at 12:16 AM

this photo deserves to go everywhere. the leftist/lazy/bums that populate our media don’t deserve the time of day compared to the people that do the work.

the comments are good. somewhere those of us who have worked and paid the price need to counter the bums on ows/media

Rs need to grow a spine and speak up against the way the media is in bed with every half-wit leftist.

i went over to the ows website (i haven’t done that in several weeks)…their site certainly has a focus now

the only solution is WorldRevolution

and featuring a occupyoakland call for a General Strike

r keller on October 31, 2011 at 12:21 AM

All narcissists are liberals.

I’m not sure if the reverse it true.

John the Libertarian on October 31, 2011 at 12:21 AM

p.s. you have to scroll up to see what the lady wrote on her sign. it is directed at the pond scum that is in the park

r keller on October 31, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Nope, Uncle Ted is definitely full-throttle GOP. . . . . . . . . . .
carbon_footprint on October 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Ted Nugent is a bully and like most such also a coward and becoming quite mentally ill. He is to Audie Murphy as Barack Obama is to Thomas Jefferson.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:23 AM

I don’t really like any of the GOP candidates much better than the others. But whoever is the worst of them is still better than Obama.

muckdog on October 31, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Ted Nugent: “Nugent dodged the draft during the Vietnam War. In an interview for the Detroit Free Press (July 15, 1990), Nugent described how he avoided the draft: He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with excrement and stained by his urine.”

It takes an even more ignorant or disturbed mind to admire Ted Nugent than it does to admire Barack Obama and the level of ignorance or disturbance needed to admire Barack Obama is one Hell of a benchmark.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Patton would have slapped the shit out of Ted Nugent and then had him shot.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:32 AM

You can’t be confused about Ted’s position with that video.
Cool.

Electrongod on October 31, 2011 at 12:01 AM

It’s well known what his position was during the draft.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 31, 2011 at 12:34 AM