Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 10:00 am on October 30, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Time once again to choose the Obamateurism of the Week, regardless of where you’re at today!   Don’t worry — they are all right choices, so no one will make fun of what you select for the OOTW.  And if you’re having trouble calculating the best choice, well, there’s a lot of that going around.

Update: Yeah, it’s been a long day … er, week.

Previous 2011 “winners”:

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

mornin Ed!

good choices once again this week…

went with ‘made all the right choices’

delusional

cmsinaz on October 30, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Um, didn’t you mean for the headline to read “Week” instead of “Day”?

I know; it’s been a long week.

hillbillyjim on October 30, 2011 at 10:03 AM

OOTD is OOTW.

txag92 on October 30, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Harder than usual this week to make a choice. He’s such a d0pe.

Shay on October 30, 2011 at 10:04 AM

He made all the right choices…to become a one term president.

backwoods conservative on October 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I guess it depends on which direction you want the economy moving to think you made the right choices!

tim c on October 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Headline, Ed…

I went with a fuzzy math option…

Khun Joe on October 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I went with borrowed cell phone/food lectures. The man has no class and no understanding or empathy with Americans. He and his wife are cold, empty grifters with no real friends or associates. Look up empty suit in the dictionary and there’s a picture of him.

PatMac on October 30, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Obama says he made “all the right choices”.

Just like that “right choice” Custer made to go the Little Big Horn and surround all those Indians.

pilamaye on October 30, 2011 at 10:08 AM

only one truely amateurish move the others are arrogance or ignorance.

darwin-t on October 30, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Math is hard —-

—- even for the smartest man in the universe.

Maybe some enterprising yutes can come up with a teleprompter that does math so Ojesus doesn’t get foot-in-mouth disease again.

hillbillyjim on October 30, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Derides phone he borrows from one fellow diner, lectures another on diet

Frankly, POTUS or no POTUS, I would have loved to have seen either of these diners decorate Obama’s face with the Blue Plate Special of the Day for his being a complete, absolute jackass!

pilamaye on October 30, 2011 at 10:12 AM

I picked the less obvious, but they all are so wrong for a president…I chose the condolences while playing golf…it actually mirrors most of the others, an uncaring self-centered loser out of touch with reality, and not sure what his job is…so he wings it.

right2bright on October 30, 2011 at 10:15 AM

This is a Bellagio buffet style smorgasbord of gaffes. It’s all so good I can’t decide.

Paul-Cincy on October 30, 2011 at 10:16 AM

5.6 percent of Zero is still Zero.

Naturally Curly on October 30, 2011 at 10:17 AM

All the right moves. Smooth moves, Ex Lax.

Philly on October 30, 2011 at 10:22 AM

All the right moves. Smooth moves, Ex Lax.

Philly on October 30, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Ain’t he the shiits

darwin-t on October 30, 2011 at 10:25 AM

The last two: Claims that a 5.6% tax on $100,000 equals $500 30.06% AND Goes from 80% agenda accomplished in Sept to 60% in Oct. just about sums up Obama’s math skills, (and logic).

And once again, had Bush made either of these statements, the lamestream media would have blasted him with “this is your supid President” headlines.

Rovin on October 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Derides phone he borrows from one fellow diner, lectures another on diet

I know this is one of the least popular choices, but it best illustrates the mana mindset. Like all true liberals, he can never be satisfied with anything. He always knows better, and doesn’t mind telling you how your life should be better. If only you listened to him. After all, he is the president. That makes him better than you.

Tommy_G on October 30, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Good selection Ed, all of them very Obumbles. Went with #2 which sums up the alternative universe the guy resides in !

Sandybourne on October 30, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Just because you own the phone doesn’t mean you can horde it all… you must give some time of it away to the government because we ALL use the airwaves.

And did you know that all the ingredients for your meal were delivered on PUBLIC roads that are kept up by the government? That doesn’t mean you get to make YOUR choices without having the government get some input into your dining habits.

It is everyone’s phone and food, after all.

Obama is Elizabeth Warren writ large.

ajacksonian on October 30, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Um, didn’t you mean for the headline to read “Week” instead of “Day”?

I know; it’s been a long week.

hillbillyjim on October 30, 2011 at 10:03 AM

You have to undersand that Ed’s trying to figure out how he picks his Steelers to defeat the Pats, while explaining it to us all with a straight face. :)

Rovin on October 30, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Tommy_G on October 30, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Yeah, I with you on that. He epitomizes himself with that remark.

BetseyRoss on October 30, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Rovin on October 30, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Ain’t that the truth. In the end (as you’ll see), I basically said, “The heck with it. Steelers win, but I have no idea how.”

Ed Morrissey on October 30, 2011 at 10:35 AM

5.6% of 100 000 = 5600

NY Conservative on October 30, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Liberals aren’t good with numbers.

SlaveDog on October 30, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Claims he’s made “all right choices” on economy, adviser disagrees.

Dr Evil on October 30, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Although I really liked the phone insult, I had to go with all the right choices. If he has made all the right choices why are we where we are? Who isn’t cooperating?

Cindy Munford on October 30, 2011 at 10:47 AM

o Derides phone he borrows from one fellow diner, lectures another on diet.

o Claims that a 5.6% tax on $100,000 equals $500.

I caught most of these OOTWs but the two above I would ante up a beer for links to — especially the one where he borrows the cell phone.

Thanks in advance.

The War Planner on October 30, 2011 at 10:51 AM

MATH ARITHMETIC, it’s unpresidential!

ExpressoBold on October 30, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Cindy Munford on October 30, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Obviously it’s you that’s not cooperating. Perhaps you and your kind are the real problem America is facing today. These are tough times and the President make tough (and correct) choices. Think what terrible shape the country (and the whole world) would be in. If not for his leadership and decision making skills. Stop whining and get in step.

Tommy_G on October 30, 2011 at 10:57 AM

5.6% of 100,000…once again he proves himself to be 10 x worse than we could have imagined for this country.

texabama on October 30, 2011 at 11:00 AM

5.6% of 100 000 = 5600

NY Conservative on October 30, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Racist!

Paul-Cincy on October 30, 2011 at 11:09 AM

“all the right choices”

Cognitive dissonance

iurockhead on October 30, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Tommy_G on October 30, 2011 at 10:57 AM

LOL! Let me think about. Nope, can’t do it.

Cindy Munford on October 30, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Tommy_G on October 30, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Yeah Cindy! Why can’t you just embrace liberalism, communism, socialism and Obama’s quest to straighten out income inequality? Stop whining a get in lock-step with the progressive menu to feed the lazy entitlement starved masses yearning to be free of the greedy corporate money-takers. Your President is doing his best to save the world and you’re simply not cooperating. How un-American can you be?

Rovin on October 30, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I didn’t vote. I can’t choose. It’s like the rare album where every cut is great. Obama will have to really step up his game if he intends to top this past week, and Ed is going to have to add “all of the above” to the list or I’ll have to stay home from the “polls” every Sunday.

tpitman on October 30, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Derides phone he borrows from one fellow diner, lectures another on diet

He never could do math so those 3 choices are out. As far as calling Saudi while playing golf, well, that there is just how the O rolls. :)

sicoit on October 30, 2011 at 11:24 AM

How on Earth is this guy even at 40% approval? He’s a bona fide dope.

FireBlogger on October 30, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Don’t worry, Ed. It was perfectly plausible that Obama did all of this in one day.

DrStock on October 30, 2011 at 11:29 AM

SCOAMF.

Kenosha Kid on October 30, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I went with the insults to people from whom he wanted favors. As Wall Street is discovering, this seems to be a deeply ingrained feature of his character. He has learned nothing of basic social courtesy, which tarnishes the Office of President. The others in this week’s post I have seen before in some form; the reason I voted as I did is that this example has the benefit of being newish.

Obama finishes off another solid B+ week, and we are almost 1 year from the 2012 election. Yipee!

Mutnodjmet on October 30, 2011 at 11:37 AM

PatMac on October 30, 2011 at 10:07 AM

You are so right on. Had I read that before I voted for the “right choices” option, I would have voted for the “phone/diet” choice.

It seems a small thing, but it does profoundly illustrate the utter smallness of this president. He couldn’t be less sympathetic if he tried.

Jvette on October 30, 2011 at 11:50 AM

O-Blame-o claimed on Saturday that Nancy Pelosi was one of the “best Speakers of the House” and that she will be back in that position after the 2012 elections.

onlineanalyst on October 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM

How come giving out fruit from a basket for Halloween didn’t make the cut? I would definitely skip that house.

Kissmygrits on October 30, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Rovin on October 30, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I’m doing everything wrong.

Cindy Munford on October 30, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Awwww, he looks so sad in that photo. Get used to it, buddy.

catwrangler on October 30, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Had to go with the phone.

csdeven on October 30, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Ed Morrissey on October 30, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Two words:

Blitz.

hillbillyjim on October 30, 2011 at 12:36 PM

onlineanalyst on October 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM

“all the right choices”

Cognitive dissonance

iurockhead on October 30, 2011 at 11:13 AM

..here..

(Reference directed towards The Pantload, not HA commenters.)

The War Planner on October 30, 2011 at 1:01 PM

onlineanalyst on October 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Actually, he said she was the best “Italian-American Speaker”.
He had to put her into the proper niche. Saints forbid that he not properly categorize and divide Americans into ethnic groups.

After all, he’s a uniter. Post-racial and all, you know. /s/

Solaratov on October 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM

A solid 5.6% presiduncy.

profitsbeard on October 30, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I’m afraid I had to go with the golf pronouncements.

Even Bush senior came off a bit milquetoast when he was, essentially, announcing the first Gulf War, while golfing. It was only when you remembered that he had fought in the war, as a torpedo bomber pilot, who had seen enough action to get shot down three times, that you realized that he was about to open a can of you-know-what in the extra strength jumbo variety, all over Saddam.

Obama doesn’t have that.

Voyager on October 30, 2011 at 2:06 PM

‘I’m PERFECT!’

RalphyBoy on October 30, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I went with “Offers condolences to Saudis while golfing.” Not the most popular of the OOTW, but it is an all-to-familiar picture of our POTUS fiddling while Rome burns.

Pazman on October 30, 2011 at 3:01 PM

as many has mentioned to try and squeeze the multi-faceted laughable incompetence of barry and his staff is hard to do.

Chevy Chase made a career of making fun of Ford by using the pratfall. Barry provides enough humor for legions of comics…if they weren’t 99 percent leftist members of the writers guild

r keller on October 30, 2011 at 4:13 PM

In your opinion, would Hillary Clinton be a good or a bad choice as President Obama’s vice presidential running mate in 2012?

How likely is it that Hillary Clinton will be President Obama’s vice presidential running mate in the next election?

Received in my “YouGov” survey today. Isn’t YouGov Obama’s taxpayer-funded propaganda operation?

They are asking me if O’Bozo should keep Greasy Joe Biden or replace him with Shrillary. Wow.

Jaibones on October 30, 2011 at 4:13 PM

YouGov gave me this list of descriptions for Obama and asks which ones I would use to describe him:

Experienced