Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on October 28, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

How much of Barack Obama’s campaign agenda has he accomplished? Depends on who you ask — or more accurately, when you ask.  At a campaign event in Medina, Washington on September 25th, Obama told a crowd that his presidency was a success because he’d achieved 80% of his goals, and needed a second term to finish the last 20%:

But understand we’re just starting off here. We’ve got 14 months, and I’m going to need all of you to help mobilize people and push back against arguments that say that somehow if we’re only — if we’ve only gotten 80 percent of what we wanted to get done, that that’s a failure. No, that’s a success — that should be an inspiration for us getting reelected so I can do the other 20 percent.

Exactly one month later, Obama spoke to supporters at the Pepsi Center, and the numbers had changed.  Did Obama achieve more of his agenda in the intervening month?  Not exactly:

And on student loans and school reform and on a whole host of issues that don’t get a lot of attention — on doubling fuel efficiency standards on cars and trucks to not only free ourselves from dependence on foreign oil, but also to start reducing carbon in the atmosphere and making us more competitive, to saving the auto industry — I keep a checklist in my desk of stuff that I promised to do and we’re through about 60 percent of it — (laughter) — which isn’t bad for three years.

No, but going backwards by 20% is terrible for one month.  At this rate, Obama will be at -180% when the election rolls around in 2012. (h/t: E-Nough and DGB)

Comments

He’s already at -180% as far as I’m concerned.

JimK on October 28, 2011 at 8:08 AM

If he can get back to 0%, I will be happy.

DuctTapeMyBrain on October 28, 2011 at 8:09 AM

“I’m not done yet”

The most frightening words ever spoken by a POTUS named Obama.

Key West Reader on October 28, 2011 at 8:11 AM

The festering turd is an effing idiot, but he’s still smarter than the 52% effing idiots in the electorate who voted for him. Let us hope that enough of them have wised up in the intervening years.

SKYFOX on October 28, 2011 at 8:11 AM

If he can get back to 0%, I will be happy.

DuctTapeMyBrain on October 28, 2011 at 8:09 AM

I’ll settle for “Back to Chicago”.

VelvetElvis on October 28, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Incompetent POTUS backed up by incompetent speech writers.

petefrt on October 28, 2011 at 8:13 AM

That’s OK. Obama voters believe anything spoon fed to them, as long as the check is in the mail.

MNHawk on October 28, 2011 at 8:15 AM

MNHawk on October 28, 2011 at 8:15 AM

THIS

cmsinaz on October 28, 2011 at 8:19 AM

The man makes me physically ill.

tinkerthinker on October 28, 2011 at 8:19 AM

what an idiot…

cmsinaz on October 28, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Anyone stupid enough to put their shoes on to go see this stool is too stupid to know the truth.

darwin-t on October 28, 2011 at 8:22 AM

I have to laugh when I see this every day. One-bama is no amature. He’s accomplishing his goal: the managed decline of the US.

Proof? OWS is getting more and more violent as organizers get more and more frustrated. One-bamba is standing with the protesters.

NickDeringer on October 28, 2011 at 8:24 AM

The only math he cares about is what is in his bank accounts. And there are probably a few off shore.

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2011 at 8:25 AM

60%? Try 39%. See this story in the Washington Times about the fact-checking that PolitiFacts.com did.

ConservativeMom on October 28, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I am 100% ready for this clown to be DONE.

RDE2010 on October 28, 2011 at 8:43 AM

If a lefty apologist org like PolitiFacts.com only gives him 39% his real number must be considerably lower.

That suits me fine.

If we can hold him to ZERO from this point forward until November 2012, we may yet save the Republic.

Crusader Rabbit on October 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I don’t know about 180 percent but he is sure as he!! 180 degrees out of phase with the majority of Americans

oldernwiser on October 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I want to see a 3000% decrease in my health care premiums, then I’ll be satisfied he’s kept his promises.

forest on October 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Obama-math…..100% B+

“If I can’t fix the economy in three years, you can call me FORMER PRESIDENT OBAMA” (2009)

Rovin on October 28, 2011 at 8:50 AM

This is what happens to math when the LSM is carrying your water for you.

csdeven on October 28, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Now that’s a downward revision I can live with.

lynncgb on October 28, 2011 at 9:13 AM

He added more things to the list. That will keep him with less than 100% and always needing more time to fix things.

Kissmygrits on October 28, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Ed, I remember when you first started these Obamateurisms, and why. Because some site had done it to Bush, and you mentioned even though he was gone, they were still doing it. Your promise was, that this would end when Obama was gone.

That being said…I read them daily. I don’t always comment, nor vote on Sundays, but I do read them, and have found all are legitimate, and worthy of this thread. But I have to ask. Seriously….as I’ve never read the Bushisms. Yes! I admit, I didn’t get very political until about 2007…and I didn’t do a lot of reading. Raising kids seriously limited my time on the computer. But again, I have to ask. Was Bush THIS bad? I just find that hard to believe. Were they grasping when they wrote them? Because Obama is just one walking, talking ism after the other. Same goes for his VP.

capejasmine on October 28, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Mr. President, I don’t know about you, but I don’t need to eat 80% – or even 60% – of a sh1t sandwich to know that I don’t want to take one more bite!!!

cane_loader on October 28, 2011 at 9:45 AM

And, after 3 years, I’m not too fond of your special soup, either!

cane_loader on October 28, 2011 at 9:47 AM

What a dick.

txag92 on October 28, 2011 at 10:05 AM

At this rate, Obama will be at -180% when the election rolls around in 2012.

We can only hope.

capejasmine on October 28, 2011 at 9:42 AM

No, Bush wasn’t this bad. We all misspeak when talking off the cuff. The thing is, The Whine’s “57 states” statement was most likely him talking about 47 states and got tripped up by his tongue. But if the left is going to hold W. to such a high standard, then it’s only fair to hold The Smartest Man Ever to at least the same standard.

rbj on October 28, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Going Barackward.

Steve Z on October 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Our president is math challenged. Just look at his ‘economic programs’.

GarandFan on October 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Liberals and Math go together like….well….Liberals and Logic in general.

Tim_CA on October 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM

rbj on October 28, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I totally agree. I was just wondering the kinds of things Bush said, or did? I just can’t and don’t believe it can equate or rise up to the dimbulb Obama. It’s just so easy to go after Obama. He seems to really, truly lie on a daily basis.

There also has to be some mental illness involved here. Such as being a sociopath. I just can’t believe a person can lie like this, on a daily basis, without it having some effect on the person and their conscience. Obama seems to have no problems or sense of guilt. Which makes him even more dangerous, in my opinion.

capejasmine on October 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I’m thinking he’s more of a one per-center. He should be the target of the 99 “dissenters” but since it appears they are funded by Wall Street lobbyists via Obama and his leftist crowd it’s doubtful it will become a circular firing squad, so to speak.

chickasaw42 on October 28, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Rovin on October 28, 2011 at 8:50 AM

What’s the problem??? Obama REALLY “fixed” the economy!!!

(disclaimer: your view of what constitutes an “optimal” economy may differ from that of Obama and the Obamacrats…)

landlines on October 28, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I’ll settle for “Back to Chicago”.

VelvetElvis on October 28, 2011 at 8:12 AM

I’ll settle for “back to Leavenworth” or a similar facility.

connectthedots on October 28, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Whether it’s 80% or 60% it doesn’t work because Marxism demands 100% participation.

katablog.com on October 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM