New Perry ad stays on topic

posted at 2:05 pm on October 28, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

In releasing his new, comprehensive economic plan, Rick Perry hopes to reboot his campaign and recapture some momentum as we wind through the final two months of the prologue to the primaries. In his second positive ad in a row, “Cut Balance and Grow,” Perry keeps the focus on himself and on the economy. Hot Air has the exclusive first look at the new spot:

It’s a well-produced and designed ad, another of Lucas Baiano’s expert productions, sticking to positive campaigning rather than attack-dog mode. The cheery campaign of Herman Cain has clearly taught Team Perry a lesson, but this is also a function of having a solid policy foundation on which to run.  That gives Perry plenty of opportunity to focus on his own virtues as a candidate rather than simply attack Mitt Romney’s shortcomings.

Will Perry be able to successfully reboot his campaign with his new economic plan?  I participated in a symposium at American Enterprise Institute discussing that question, along with Jay Cost, Jim Geraghty, and Matt Lewis.  Matt was the most optimistic, mainly because of Perry’s large campaign coffers.  I was a little more cautious, but noted that having a policy foundation might help Perry become a better debater:

Until now, Perry has trailed his opponents in providing details on his policies in general, thanks to his late entry into the race. Having those details could make it easier for Perry to discuss policy in detail during debates, and increases his credibility on the stump. His overall plan has enough boldness for the media to take notice of it, not just in his alliance with Steve Forbes on tax reform but also on his endorsement of a balanced-budget amendment with a spending cap at 18 percent of GDP.

He needs to do more than just have a plan, though; Perry needs to be able to sell it, too.  This is a good start, but we’ll have to wait until November 9th to see whether this will get translated into a more confident and effective debate performance.

Comments

It’s a well-produced and designed ad, another of Lucas Baiano’s expert productions, sticking to positive campaigning rather than attack-dog mode. The cheery campaign of Herman Cain has clearly taught Team Perry a lesson, but this is also a function of having a solid policy foundation on which to run. That gives Perry plenty of opportunity to focus on his own virtues as a candidate rather than simply attack Mitt Romney’s shortcomings.

Yes, I agree. So what was up with all that “By the time we are done with Romney, he is going to wish he were dead” stuff that Perry’s advisor was popping off about the other day?

Kataklysmic on October 28, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Romney and Perry both seem to think each other is their chief opponent, even though Cain leads both of them in most national polling.

I wonder why that is.

Missy on October 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Now…

If he could just sell his ideas without having mini-strokes just as he’s about to make his point.

IronDioPriest on October 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM

very nice indeed….

keep this up Perry!

cmsinaz on October 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Is “comprehensive tax reform” anything like “comprehensive immigration reform?” If so, I’m not sold.

gryphon202 on October 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Oh snap. It was a good ad. Kudos to Pawlenty’s ad team (assuming its them).

El_Terrible on October 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM

gryphon202 on October 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM

What about comprehensive terrorist extermination reform?

El_Terrible on October 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Good ad, although it won’t make my TV bleed like the Perry campaign promised a couple days ago. I still don’t see how Perry survives after his “maybe I won’t do all the debates” stuff. John McCain would be proud of that one!

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Whoop!
(Texas Aggie here….)

Go get ‘em, Rick!

TeresainFortWorth on October 28, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I wonder why that is.

Missy on October 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Because Cain has no money?

nickj116 on October 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM

gryphon202 on October 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Perry’s comprehensive tax reform is just adding another layer of crap on top of the crap we already have.

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Captain ANTI-America…..Obama

Captain America…….Herman Cain!

Listen to Herman Cain talk about America!!!!……inspiring!

PappyD61 on October 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Because Cain has no money?

nickj116 on October 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Cain has raised $5 million in October.

El_Terrible on October 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM

WOO HOO

Now this makes me less crabby :) Go Perry!

gophergirl on October 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I prefer Cut, Cap and Balance rather than the Boehner/Perry approach. Boehner broke his promise—didn’t even try to keep his promise—to cut 100 billion the first year. Instead we got sham cuts. Even cutting 100 billion was a drop in the bucket; a joke. It’s a joke when Boehner made the promise and I believe it’s a joke when Perry makes the promise. The only serious plan to cut spending on the table that I’m aware of is Ron Paul’s plan to balance the budget in three years and reduce spending by a trillion in the first year. Unlike Perry’s plan, that’s not a joke.

FloatingRock on October 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM

“The ad is racist…” – MSM

Seven Percent Solution on October 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I get the Bush’s 3rd feeling. I want a real conservative…too late. I’ll hold my noise and vote.

If Romney or anybody else was smart. They would take that format and music and show illegls jumping across the border and applying for benefits. Then end it with….Rick Perry!

Oil Can on October 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Nope. The curtain has already been pulled back on Perry.

hanzblinx on October 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Whatever Lucas Baiano gets paid, it’s not enough. Seriously. I’d donate to the RNC just to make sure he stays on for the general.

amerpundit on October 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I wouldn’t count Rick out so fast, nor would I put much weight on not doing all the debates remark. Wait and see which ones he does do and how well he does them. One of his political strengths is that he’s always been underestimated.

cartooner on October 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM

amerpundit on October 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM

ditto

cmsinaz on October 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM

cartooner on October 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I continue to believe there was a reason, one we don’t know, behind this whole debate thing.

His new advisors seem to be hitting on all cylinders so I hope this is part of their new strategy.

gophergirl on October 28, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Great ad! Perry is inspiring and you know he’s got a great record of job creation. I do hope he can sell these excellent plans.

kerrhome on October 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Frankly, I don’t care who reboots his or her campaign.
All I want is somebody who can boot Obama November-after-next.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on October 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Hot Air has the exclusive first look at the new spot

Yeah thats not shocking,lol. The ad itself is well done and produced, the ad guys on that team are top notch.

nswider on October 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

nswider on October 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

They are the best. They will use the Starnesville/Randian theme to perfection next year, for all of Obama’s destruction of America, and they will use Reaganesque themes, like her, to boost our side. Alas, some on our side are foolish children.

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM

gryphon202 on October 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM

And who cares whether you are sold or not? Aren’t you smoking cigarettes on the Cain train? Stay put.

TheRightMan on October 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Reaganesque themes, like here…

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I bet 90% of people know what their tax bill is likely to be next year. Giving people the option of filing under either system is brilliant because it takes away the charge that it is a radical change in the tax code. Cain’s plan is much more complex and difficult to explain and Cain still hasn’t come up with a decent answer to the charge that the Dems will run with a national sales tax all the way to a European social welfare state.

Bill C on October 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM

But Mitt was for this….before he was against it….or may be for it after the polls come in…..

SDarchitect on October 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Who are you going for this primary? Perry?

nswider on October 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Listen to Herman Cain talk about America!!!!……inspiring!

PappyD61 on October 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Listen to Herman Cain make gaffe after gaffe after gaffe.

Bill C on October 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Who are you going for this primary? Perry?

nswider on October 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I don’t like either. It’s depressing to watch them all, when a candle holder should be able to beat the Babysitter in Chief, the one who wants to ‘feed’ the citizens from Cradel to Grave, or better yet From Diapers to Depends.

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Reaganesque themes, like here…

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

+ 100..I agree Perry is not out of it..:)

PS..Good to see you posting..Missed you the last couple of days on QOTD..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Frankly, I don’t care who reboots his or her campaign.
All I want is somebody who can boot Obama November-after-next.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on October 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Hear!..Hear!..Thread Winner!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Yeah I hear what your saying. The field isnt super inspiring this time around.

nswider on October 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM

gryphon202 on October 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Umm no, not it isn’t. BTW, isn’t Cain for a woman’s right to chose? Want me to find video of him saying that? Can you find me a video of Perry saying he is for amnesty?

Bill C on October 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Bill C on October 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Did you see Santorums ad against Cain today? It was tough stuff, I think Cain is going to be his next debate target.

nswider on October 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM

This is the bottom line for Team Perry..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2011 at 2:57 PM

How is it possible to balance the budget when you take into account Medicare, medicaid, Social Security, Social Security Disability increasing at the rates they are increasing? Considering the fact that by the time anyone aged 50 and over have fully retired most of the damage will have already occurred and be ongoing for decades longer as they live to be the largest and oldest retired generation in the history of the world. They do not pay for their healthcare, so they will also become the most expensive generation in the history of the world. They will be the least infirm, largest, oldest, most costly generation in the world, and they played us all for suckers and we will just keep on letting them rape our generation for what reason?

Oh, that is right, because it is the only way to get power, to give up our wealth to other people.

astonerii on October 28, 2011 at 2:57 PM

nswider on October 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Do you get the feeling that Santorum and Gingrich are caring water for Perry? I do.

Bill C on October 28, 2011 at 3:02 PM

OT:..This could get very interesting..:)..Looks like the Tea Party is fighting back..:)

PS..Someone should send a Tip to the hot Air crew..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Check out the video there of RP speaking at the Iowa Faith & Freedom Coalition.

kg598301 on October 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM

kerrhome on October 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM

..I agree. I am not necessarily a supporter of Rick Perry but any candidate — AN-EEE CANDIDATE — who addresses the real issue before us, that the cretin in the White House is an incompetent intern trainee who has thoroughly failed his OJT and needs to be fired ASAP, is aces in my book.

Much better than falling into the toilet of personal attacks like Team Obama will be doing.

The War Planner on October 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Bill C on October 28, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I think thats a possibility for sure, though Santorum tends to get a bit unhinged in these debates and starts to go after whomever will give him the time of day, usually Ron Paul.

nswider on October 28, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I agree, it’s a well produced ad and sticks to the positive, which Perry sorely needs after his negative campaigning up to now.

He’s done himself no favors by his attacks on Romney and up until this ad, Perry’s entire campaign has been something like an Al Gore effort to get the GOP, which is doom for Perry (or anyone else expecting GOP-voter support above a few percentage points).

Perry now has to go about selling Perry and if he’s ONLY about attacking Romney, he won’t get too much farther. I think I speak for many voters and that is that we eventually need to see and hear some enthusiasm and self-respect from a candidate about what their ideas and goals are and not about what they condemn in others.

Lourdes on October 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM

kerrhome on October 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I question now Perry’s “reord of job creation” after finding out that the illegal alien population in Texas has grown by something like SIXTY PERCENT during Perry’s presence as Governor.

So he may be putting a lot of people to work in Texas but it just might not be who we assume it to be. I need to find out more about the specifics as to Perry’s record of job creation before I again get on his bandwagon as I was at the outset. Now walking on my own down the road, not riding anyone’s wagon, not until more’s revealed.

Lourdes on October 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Heartless.

Yawn.

Moved on.

exdeadhead on October 28, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I thought I would post this for your perusing…One person of note that does not have any backing yet: Cain. You can find this at Rollcall.com

Mitt Romney (35)
Sen. Roy Blunt (Mo.)
Sen. Scott Brown (Mass.)
Sen. Thad Cochran (Miss.)
Sen. Orrin Hatch (Utah)
Sen. James Risch (Idaho)
Rep. Rodney Alexander (La.)
Rep. Mark Amodei (Nev.)
Rep. Judy Biggert (Ill.)
Rep. Rob Bishop (Utah)
Rep. Mary Bono Mack (Calif.)
Rep. John Campbell (Calif.)
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (Utah)
Rep. Howard Coble (N.C.)
Rep. Ander Crenshaw (Fla.)
Rep. Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
Rep. Virginia Foxx (N.C.)
Rep. Tim Griffin (Ark.)
Rep. Michael Grimm (N.Y.)
Rep. Joe Heck (Nev.)
Rep. Wally Herger (Calif.)
Rep. Darrell Issa (Calif.)
Rep. Connie Mack IV (Fla.)
Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (Mich.)
Rep. Patrick McHenry (N.C.)
Rep. Buck McKeon (Calif.)
Rep. Jeff Miller (Fla.)
Rep. Jim Renacci (Ohio)
Rep. Hal Rogers (Ky.)
Rep. Mike Rogers (Ala.)
Rep. Todd Rokita (Ind.)
Rep. Tom Rooney (Fla.)
Rep. Mike Simpson (Idaho)
Rep. Lamar Smith (Texas)
Rep. Greg Walden (Ore.)
Rep. Ed Whitfield (Ky.)
Rick Perry (14)
Sen. James Inhofe (Okla.)
Rep. John Carter (Texas)
Rep. Mike Coffman (Colo.)
Rep. Mike Conaway (Texas)
Rep. John Culberson (Texas)
Rep. Sam Graves (Mo.)
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (Texas)
Rep. Sam Johnson (Texas)
Rep. Kenny Marchant (Texas)
Rep. Michael McCaul (Texas)
Rep. Candice Miller (Mich.)
Rep. Mick Mulvaney (S.C.)
Rep. Steve Scalise (La.)
Rep. Pete Sessions (Texas)
Newt Gingrich (4)
Rep. Joe Barton (Texas)
Rep. Michael Burgess (Texas)
Rep. Jack Kingston (Ga.)
Rep. Tom Price (Ga.)
Ron Paul (3)
Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.)
Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.)
Rep. Walter Jones Jr. (N.C.)

g2825m on October 28, 2011 at 3:58 PM

One other item of note from my previous post, is that out of Perry’s 14 endorsements 8 of them come from Texas which is understandable BUT he is going to need more broad support for a strong run for President and Cain will need to show that he has the backing of Congress as well since he will be working with/for them IF he is elected.

g2825m on October 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Here is a great Q&A with Perry in New Hampshire: http://t.co/KCkbaxEN Lots of great answers. Great demeanor and right on topic. Hopefully HotAir will post it for comment.

kerrhome on October 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Lourdes on October 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Compared to every other candidate running, Perry’s job record is second to none. His state’s businesses may have also employed people there illegally, but the numbers and quality of legal jobs will stand up will to Obama and Romney.

kerrhome on October 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM

kerrhome on October 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Thanks for the link – I’ll watch it when I get home.

gophergirl on October 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Another exclusive for HA, pretty cool!

Great ad, SO smart to use Rush’s voice and show Paul Ryan and influential conservatives praising the plan!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on October 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM

PS..Someone should send a Tip to the hot Air crew..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Thanks for the link, DS. Good for them fighting back!

Aslans Girl on October 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Now…

IronDioPriest on October 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM

He did really well in his last debate, but maybe yoiu missed where he landed a punch directly on Mittster’s glass jaw and got the much needed quote of: “I can’t have illegals, I’m running for office, for Pete’s sake!”.

Aslans Girl on October 28, 2011 at 5:17 PM

gophergirl on October 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Definitely do. My favorite Q&A with him yet. Great answers. Very sharp. He’s got the message.

kerrhome on October 28, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Reaganesque themes, like here…

Schadenfreude on October 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

+1.

Aslans Girl on October 28, 2011 at 5:20 PM

kerrhome on October 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM

That was a good interview, I do like his sense of humor his answer to is the media giving you a fair shake GRIN.

I also like the Live Free Or Die – doc, I downloaded it :)

Dr Evil on October 28, 2011 at 5:21 PM

“I can’t have illegals, I’m running for office, for Pete’s sake!”.

Aslans Girl on October 28, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Did you see where Mitt put his hand on his shoulder? Mitt Romney -Flustered.

Dr Evil on October 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Aslans Girl on October 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Your welcome..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2011 at 5:40 PM

g2825m on October 28, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I see some R’s there that vote with the Dems and also some Blue Dogs that I fought with in 2009 that also voted with the Dems. Especially on Obamacare. I’m not impressed.

bluefox on October 28, 2011 at 6:07 PM

More fuel for the fire:-)

Quite a list of Flip Flops from Redstate:

bluefox on October 28, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM

That must be why Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Stephen Hayes, The Wall Street Journal, and Paul Ryan have all praised it. ///

You act like he turned you down for a date or something. If this was anyone’s plan but Perry’s you’d love it. You know it, and so does everyone else.

capitalist piglet on October 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Perry’s ad is fantastic. Inspirational, solid – and having Rush Limbaugh’s enthusiastic voice in it makes it a grand slam.

capitalist piglet on October 28, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Aslans Girl on October 28, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Rush loved that.

People can say what they want about Perry, but he’s the only one who’s been willing/able to show us a glimpse of the real Romney.

capitalist piglet on October 28, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Texas RINO braggart televangelist comeback! (not)…

rightwingyahooo on October 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Texas RINO braggart televangelist comeback! (not)…

rightwingyahooo on October 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Why don’t you sing the praises of your guy/gal? Nothing to sing about? LOL

bluefox on October 28, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM

That National Sales Tax in the 999 plan is a steaming pile and every Conservative should know it.

I like Perry’s plan and unfortunately adding the Flat Tax as an option is a political necessity. I prefer Gingrich’s plan, but at least we are talking about serious tax code reform.

Daemonocracy on October 28, 2011 at 6:49 PM

kerrhome on October 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Thanks for this.

PERRY PEOPLE, I AM BEGINNING TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT THIS!!!

Bill C on October 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Why don’t you sing the praises of your guy/gal? Nothing to sing about? LOL

bluefox on October 28, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Cuz I’m not a personality worshipper like you Perry dorks and the Palinista losers.

rightwingyahooo on October 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM

It’s always such a joke when political people get all jacked up about a PERSON, who just HAS TO BE POTUS, and some of his positions are ok, while some are horrible.

But we can’t just SAY that, we have to defend horrible, even if it’s truly awful, lefty stuff, and crow like a rooster about the ok stuff.

Just because we support a PERSON, not a SET of PRINCIPLES.

Perry supporters are PATHETIC and SHALLOW, and just as bad and annoyingly alternating between liberal and religious sanctimony to support a PERSON.

Who happens to be a worthless RINO hack and televangelist braggart POL from the corrupt state of Texas.

JOKE.

rightwingyahooo on October 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM

just as bad as the suffocatingly ridiculous Palinistas, I meant to say.

Wothles RINOs all of them.

rightwingyahooo on October 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM

kerrhome on October 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Thanks for this.

PERRY PEOPLE, I AM BEGINNING TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT THIS!!!

Bill C on October 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Oh my goodness – that was really good. If he could bring that to the next debate I have a feeling things would rebound quite quickly.

gophergirl on October 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM

FloatingRock on October 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM

You might want to look at Perry’s record. He actually cut general fund spending in Texas. On budget, spending and taxes, Perry has a great record.

On August 13, 2009 S&P decided to raise the State’s credit rating from AA to AA+ based on several factors outlined in a Press Release from the Office of the Governor Rick Perry.

tmontgomery on October 28, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Dire Straits on October 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Thanks for the Gateway Pundit link. Glad to see that, hope they are successful!!

bluefox on October 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Why don’t you sing the praises of your guy/gal? Nothing to sing about? LOL

bluefox on October 28, 2011 at 6:48 PM

rightwingyahooo on October 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Well,you could be you know. We’ll just put you down as ABP:-)

bluefox on October 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM

tmontgomery on October 28, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Thanks for the link. I had read about this credit upgrade but never did see the article! Quite a contrast, Perry gets a Credit Upgrade and B.O. got a Credit Downgrade.

bluefox on October 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM

rightwingyahooo on October 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Perry 2010!!!!

tmontgomery on October 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Well,you could be you know. We’ll just put you down as ABP:-)

bluefox on October 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Well, honestly the shoe fits. So knock yourself out, hack.

rightwingyahooo on October 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Perry 2010!!!!

tmontgomery on October 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Well that didn’t work out too well…

Perry 2012!!!

tmontgomery on October 28, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Listen to Herman Cain make gaffe after gaffe after gaffe.

Bill C on October 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Holy moley. He says that when he makes it to the White House, we can finally say “Free at last…free at last”?

And he says his organization isn’t top-down, it’s “bottoms-up”?

Holy moley. And that’s just on one video.

capitalist piglet on October 28, 2011 at 10:20 PM

These theatrical ads are getting a little long in the tooth.

haner on October 29, 2011 at 12:03 AM

JOKE.

rightwingyahooo on October 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Why the personal attacks? Each of us has a candidate we prefer, and they’re all from different States. Just because I don’t want one of them to be President doesn’t mean I have to put down his State and his voters. Heck, the candidate I like least is also from the State of Texas, so does that mean I should put down my own State because of that?

What State are you from anyway? I have noticed that many of the people who put down Texas, do it because they are jealous.. Try visiting some day, you might like it here, and the people of Texas are very friendly!

Susanboo on October 29, 2011 at 2:20 AM

In the end we will all vote for the nominee who will have been chosen through a democratic process, not by party bosses or “the Establishment” in any way, or we will in reality or in effect vote to reelect Barack Obama, including the 1-2 Supreme Court Justices the next President will nominate, not to mention 200-300 other federal judges to lifetime appointments.

So, please: tell me why I should be FOR your guy, not how the other guy is Hitler’s cousin.

Adjoran on October 29, 2011 at 2:54 AM