Herman Cain paces himself

posted at 3:25 pm on October 28, 2011 by Tina Korbe

A couple of gaffes on the campaign trail have led Herman Cain’s campaign managers to one conclusion: He needs more sleep. Cain’s confusing comments to Piers Morgan about his stance on abortion and his quickly-retracted remark to Wolf Blitzer in support of a hypothetical exchange of Gitmo prisoners for a single American would never have happened, they say, if the candidate were better rested.

Up to this point, voters seem to have cut Cain some slack. His all-over-the-place interviews, puzzling campaign ads and so-so performance at the Las Vegas debate haven’t cost him his newfound popularity — a popularity driven by his consistent geniality, refreshing political outsider status and bold ideas. But as the GOP nomination seems increasingly within reach for the one-time long-shot candidate, his campaign seeks to minimize mistakes on the trail. Political Ticker reports:

J.D. Gordon, the campaign’s vice president for communications, said Cain will try to avoid future gaffes by achieving a “more deliberative pace” on the trail.

“We’re trying to slow down a little bit, make sure he’s rested, make sure he’s focused,” J.D. Gordon told The Daily Beast and CNN’s Howard Kurtz.

Gordon, who only recently joined the campaign, added that mistakes happen when a candidate is conducting seven or eight events a day and does not use a teleprompter, as is the case with Cain. …

“People understand he’s not a career politician; he’s very spontaneous, they know how fast he’s going,” Gordon said. “People give him more leeway than they would someone who’s in Congress or a governor.”

Meanwhile, speculation about Herman Cain’s longterm chances remains rampant. Slate’s John Dickerson explains why the Cain boomlet could last:

His “outsider” status—unharmed by stints as a chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve or as head of the national restaurant lobby—is also shielding him from criticism. Anyone who attacks his 9-9-9 plan is part of the permanent political class—the people who got us into this mess—trying to protect their advantage. Not being a politician also gives Cain a big gaffe cushion. His “joke” about an electrified border fence, his flirtation with trading hostages for Guantanamo Bay detainees, and his momentary moderation over whether abortion is a choice do not seem to have hurt him yet. Instead, they’re seen as proof that he’s not a polished pro like Romney. When Romney and Perry go after each other, Cain benefits by not being a bickering politician. …

Perhaps the thickest part of the cushion for Cain is that his conservative voters don’t have anywhere else to go. Michele Bachmann was eclipsed by Perry. That isn’t going to happen to Cain. There aren’t any eclipsing figures left. Gingrich is having a slight burble of resurgence but he’s unlikely to become the new flavor; one of the qualities of being a flavor of the month is that people don’t know much about you. Gingrich, for better or worse, is the best known of the bunch. Perry has a long uphill slog to regain what Cain took from him, which will be hard to do in part because Cain is more appealing to voters.

Yet, at a recent focus group in Ohio, not a single participant raised a hand in answer to the question, “Do you think this person [Cain] could be president of the United States? Is anybody willing to raise your hand and say, ‘I would be comfortable if he became the next president of the United States?’”

It seems that, for all that potential voters like Cain and are intrigued by him, they’re still not quite sold on him as presidential material. But, from start to finish, Cain has taken his own campaign seriously — and this latest effort to adopt a more deliberate pace is yet another indication of that. Perhaps that will eventually translate into voter confidence in him as not merely an interesting, rather unprecedented frontrunner — but also as a potential president.

P.S. One thing Cain might not have to pace so conscientiously now as in the past is money. The campaign reported a respectable haul of $3 million in the month of October.

Comments

Stop and smell the roses now and then, Herm.

Akzed on October 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Geez Perry got lamblasted for saying he needed more sleep. Won’t hold my breath that the same will happen in this thread.

gophergirl on October 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM

I was sleepy is a child’s excuse.

sharrukin on October 28, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I think Cain is shocked to be in first right now and I think hes having to adjust accordingly. But I think he has to be careful, not to be too careful, because his off the cuff honest remarks are a key element of his appeal. If he becomes too careful, too scripted, its going to hurt him. I like him a lot though, such a nice guy. Dont think hes going to win, but a great guy.

nswider on October 28, 2011 at 3:31 PM

People were willing to take a chance on a guy with no resume selling “Change.” I’m sure a guy with a track record of success will do just fine.

John Deaux on October 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM

More red meat for Karl Rove.

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Prediction: The Cain Train will make its stand at the CNN foreign policy debate. Either Cain will turn in a solid performance on his most uncomfortable subject and consolidate his position as the not-Romney, or he will blow it and trigger a chaotic scramble between himself, Gingrich, and Perry in the run-up to Iowa. Until then, this race is on stand-by, which unfortunately accrues to Romney’s benefit.

Lawdawg86 on October 28, 2011 at 3:35 PM

O/T: Holder is testifying about F and F!
=”:http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20127178-10391695/atf-gunwalker-update-eric-holder-to-testify-on-fast-and-furious/“>

herm2416 on October 28, 2011 at 3:36 PM

O/T: Holder is testifying about F and F!

herm2416 on October 28, 2011 at 3:36 PM

That’s apples herb, we’re talking about oranges here.

Lawdawg86 on October 28, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Tina, you could have ended your write-up with this sentence and that would have been more than enough.

The history of presidential campaigns is replete with likable individuals that led polls but couldn’t translate it to wins that matter.

Cain and his leads in national polls don’t matter a hoot if he can’t match the ground organization of his better-funded and better-organized rivals.

I can’t wait to read the numerous write-ups that will be churned out after the first few primaries when many wake up to the fact that Cain was nothing more than a hype.

TheRightMan on October 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Go Herman Go.

Mr. Joe on October 28, 2011 at 3:44 PM

TheRightMan on October 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM

After we read the numerous write-ups about Rick Perry and the greatest, fastest implosion ever.

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM

I thought a bunch of his gaffes would sink him, but he is Teflon thus far. So maybe it is not really the best time to dial it back. January is coming up fast.

He is light on the organization in the early states, and that is a huge red flag that his national popularity may not translate into state-by-state success.

entropent on October 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Too bad he can’t be held to the same tough standards as the first Black president. You know….. Mr 57 States?

Cain is a real mensch with some great ideas how to turn this cluster bomb of a nation in the right direction. I don’t care if he claims to smoke babies at Gitmo, he has my vote.

I tried a Godfather’s pizza the other day. Not great, but I thought of Cain and smiled. Felt, you know…..connected. In order to feel connected to the first Black president I would have to bathe in acid afterwards to feel clean again, physically, mentally and spiritually.

Hening on October 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM

He’s clearly overwhelmed. Perhaps he never really thought his chances were this good. He was taken off guard by his sudden popularity, and didn’t handle it well. Now, hopefully…he has people around him that can set him on the right path, at the right speed.

MadisonConservative on October 28, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I think we all need a break fromt his campagining. 6 more debates in the next 7 weeks. By Christmas I’m going to be sick of seeing and hearing all of these people. It is overload. They all need to take the Holidays off and start fresh in the new year.

I’m starting to suffer from CO (candidate overload). GO away, give me a chance to miss you.

milwife88 on October 28, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Cain’s fireman is putting on a little more coal and the Old 999 Fast Mail is running on the mainline passing several detoured Freights and making up time to get into Iowa. Let’s watch Cain roll.

jimw on October 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM

After you pile up enough gaffes, revisions, revised revisions, and re-revised revisions, I begin to doubt you’re a thoughtful & persuasive advocate for conservatism.

OhioCoastie on October 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Racists.

Midas on October 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Experienced political operators have gotten us into the hole we’re sitting in; I’m willing to take a chance on someone who shares many of my core beliefs. He hasn’t given me reason not to trust him..at least not yet.

austinnelly on October 28, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Just not the guy for me. If he had started at the local level, then won a state-wide job like governor or senator, then great. But we don’t need another newbie in the White House. Especially someone who doesn’t have a clue on foreign policy. Hasn’t Obama screwed up enough?

Then there are things like this:

Chaotic Campaign

Some former aides said they had longed to see the problem-solving side of Mr. Cain, or to see Mr. Cain at all. Over the spring and summer, he did not spend much time with workers. He did not plan conference calls or staff meetings and was given to changing his mind about appearances, sometimes with little notice, a tendency that angered his field workers.

Doesn’t sound like a great business manager to me.

Common Sense on October 28, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I’m not a Cain supporter, but the first two points here are silly.

What “all over the place” interviews? A “gaffe” or statement which stands to be corrected is not the same as a problem related to rambling. I’ve watched a number of interviews and never found him to be rambling.

What “puzzling campaign ads”? The “smoking man” ad? Why was it “puzzling”? The message was concise and clear enough for a third-grader. You mean, why was there a smoking man in the ad when political correctness dictates we don’t show smoking men in ads? I think in that case the puzzlement is a problem of an over-wrought and over-analytical beholder, not the designer.

rrpjr on October 28, 2011 at 4:22 PM

The focus group was assembled and managed by Peter D. Hart of the Annenberger Public policy Center, same outfit which funded Barack Obama and Bill Ayers Chicago efforts in “education reform”.

Mr. Hart built his reputation on his successful work in politics, with Hart Research working for 54 U.S. Senators and 45 Governors, more than any other polling firm. His firm’s client list reads as a Who’s Who of American Politics, representing major American political figures including the Clintons, Humphreys, Kennedys, Mondales, and Rockefellers. He is quoted and cited regularly in major media outlets, and has been described as “the uber-pollster,” (David Brooks, New York Times), “the best in the business,” (Andrea Mitchell, NBC News), “truly one of the deans of the political and Democratic polling communities” (Charlie Cook, National Journal), and one of 150 national leaders who shape federal government policy (National Journal).

And here is Hart’s preface to the question about Cain’s readiness.

Toward the end of the evening, Hart sat down at the table and braced the group with perhaps the most telling question of the night for Cain’s candidacy.

“Here’s what I don’t get,” he began. He noted that Cain had been described as down to Earth and a good neighbor, but he also recalled how the group had described the country as being in terrible shape and noted that Cain is running a campaign with little staff or infrastructure.

“Do you think this person could be president of the United States?” he asked. “Is anybody willing to raise your hand and say, ‘I would be comfortable if he became the next president of the United States?’ ”

Peter D. Hart engaged in push polling here and should be discredited for doing so.

C’mon Tina, a little more background please.

exdeadhead on October 28, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Given a Republican version of Obama replete with a slogan “9-9-9″ and lack of experience matched against a three-term successful conservative governor – I sure know who I’m betting will go far in the primary campaign.

TheRightMan on October 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I’ve done a lot of research into Herman Cain. I always do my research before I throw my support behind a candidate and donate, and especially before I donate to new and/or unknown political candidates. Herman Cain is and has been an intelligent, honest, and hardworking man. Count my donation among the three mil he raked in this month. I am very happy I could help this month and I am looking forward to helping out some more in the months ahead as the run up to the nomination proceeds.

I hope he gets some rest and slows down a little bit, temporarily at least, so he can regroup, focus, and then make a habit of engaging his brain before he puts his mouth in gear. Barack Hussein Obama is the worst half-black President this country has ever had and Herman Cain could be the Presidential antithesis of Barack Hussein Obama very easily, and as icing on the cake, Herman Cain would be America’s actual first black President.

Herman Cain 2012

FlatFoot on October 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM

The Cain train is headed for pain.

faraway on October 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Things sure have changed over the past six months. The second time I had seen him , was able to ask him questions and get close to him was nothing like this most recent time when he didn’t take questions from the press or speak with anyone not on a VIP list. He also had much more security with him in Clear Lake.

Oh, yeah, happy birthday to me!

madmonkphotog on October 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Whatever it’s worth, Cain did respond to this NY Times hit piece today. Video at end of article from his appearance on FBN this afternoon.

RepubChica on October 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM

The Cain train is headed for pain.

faraway on October 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Of course he is, he’s a black man leading the pack for the nomination for the GOP. The left will throw everything they have at him and try to palinize him; fortunately, he has no young family to destroy.

thebrokenrattle on October 28, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Barack Hussein Obama is the worst half-black President

barry is half White and half Arab. Call an Arab black and she’ll send you to allah.

crash72 on October 28, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I heart Mr. Cain, and I send him some money every week.. This week I sent an extra couple of bucks after watching the Fox and Friends crew laugh about his 999 plan… Next time I see Karl Rove bash him, I’m gonna get online and send him a fiver.

kringeesmom on October 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Fox and Rove are carrying Mitt’s water since “It’s his turn, dabgummit!”

crash72 on October 28, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I heard on Bill O’Reilly last night that he only has like- 6 people working for him, is that true?

kg598301 on October 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM

gophergirl on October 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM

You beat me to it. lol

kg598301 on October 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM

RepubChica on October 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I watched the video… no ambuiguity or flip-floppin’ in it.. Best quote “BULL FEATHERS”…..

FWIW I’ve sent the Cain Staff FB page 3 messages, and I have received a response every time.. sometimes it takes awhile.. but at least they respond back…..

kringeesmom on October 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM

kg598301 on October 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Nope, not true. BOR is doing everything he can to prop up Mittens and he’s done an outstanding job of mocking and trashing Cain.

Herman is supposed to be on BOR next Tuesday, I believe.

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM

kg598301 on October 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I believe that number as reported was for NH and IA, not total. Still, seems low.

DarkCurrent on October 28, 2011 at 5:29 PM

DarkCurrent on October 28, 2011 at 5:29 PM

He has at least 10 just in the state of Florida, from I can tell here.

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Hey, you know who never makes gaffes?

Abercrombie Ditwiler Huntsman.

We should just vote for him because every word that comes out of his mouth is carefully measured and chosen, and he doesn’t make mistakes or anything.

fossten on October 28, 2011 at 5:54 PM

It seems like a very long time ago, but I was in the room as one of the “chosen participants” when Clinton came to Kansas City for one of his phony “town meetings” and Cain challenged him.

I didn’t know who Cain was at that time, but I investigated after the event, found his name and a business address, and wrote him an “attaboy” letter. This year, I read his speeches and statements on-line, and got interested in his campaign because of his strong Conservative voice, his constructive solutions to problems, and his strong resume which tells me “this guy is more than capable”: only upon reflection (that’s the way my mind works these days) did I realize that it was the same man who stood up to Clinton in the town meeting.

I’m still a Cain fan. And “Let’s get Real!” is my favorite campaign slogan of all time.

landlines on October 28, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 5:55 PM

5 Million!!..That is good news for Team Cain..:)

PS..Go Herb Go!..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2011 at 6:01 PM

fossten on October 28, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Funny, I thought his name was Jonathan Pumpernickel Haversham Huntsman III, or as he was known at Sigma Chi, the “One Who Never Makes Any Mistakes.”

rrpjr on October 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM

People are going to vote for the person they trust most on the issues. I would vote for an inexperienced candidate who is right on the issues over an experienced one who is not.

Rose on October 28, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Herman is supposed to be on BOR next Tuesday, I believe.

Knucklehead on October 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM

So I wasn’t the only one who noticed how BOR constantly tells anyone sitting next to him on air, Herman Cain won’t be President. Remember O’Reilly and Romney, both graduated from Harvard. Yeah it’s an elitist thang.

Dr Evil on October 28, 2011 at 6:40 PM

He is right where he needs to be.

Overwhelmed? Yes.

So is the rest of America. This is the man who has the cojones to bring down the notion of socialism. He has the cojones to say what needs to be said. Love him or loathe him, This is THE MAN that will be the next President of the United States of America.

Key West Reader on October 28, 2011 at 6:43 PM

You put Herman Cain against the skinny Clown SCOAMF Obama?

Snortlechort.

Obama. What. a. Joke.

Key West Reader on October 28, 2011 at 6:46 PM

fossten on October 28, 2011 at 5:54 PM

rrpjr on October 28, 2011 at 6:02 PM

You laugh all you want about Filppe Huntsman’s chances of winning the U.S. presidency. If Perry doesn’t get the nomination, I think he’s going to take Mitt out of the running too. If that happens, there are only three “Governors” left in the race Buddy Roemer, Gary Johnson and Gary Huntsman. Ole Buddy Huntsman’s odds look a lot better if he doesn’t do something dumb, and talk down to the electorate, in a condescending manner, like they are all backwards country hicks , rustics or something…..

Dr Evil on October 28, 2011 at 6:48 PM

HA Candidate Support update (194 explicit or implicit declarations, (previous 171, 26Oct2011), Romney continues with the most pickups since last update).
CAIN (81) [Current 41.8%, Previous, 43.2%, High 43.6% ] – 2Tru2Tru, AH_C, Alecj, Apologetic, Astonerii, Balkanmom, BierMan VA, Bill C, Bishop, Bkennedy, Blatantblu, BroncosRock, Canopfor, Carbon_footprint, CatoReansci, Cliffhanger, Coldwarrior 57, Conservalicious, CrankyTRex, CTSherman, DanaSmiles, davidk, Deedtrader, Dingbat63, Ditkaca, Don L, DrW, Elcapt, electric-rascal, exdeadhead, Faraway, Flatfoot, Gh, Grunt, gryphon202, Iowawoman, Jason Coleman, Jhffman, JimW, Jinxed, joe_doufu, Karmi, katablog.com, katy, Katy the mean old lady, Keep the Change, KingGold, Knucklehead, kringeesmom, Landlines, Lily, Lovingmy USA, Mankai, Milemarker2020, Mr. Joe, MR_Magoo, Ninjapirate, Norwegian, pappyD61, pbundy, petefrt, prtlandon, Puncheko, RalphBoy, r keller, Rational Thought, RedbonePro, redeye, redfoxbluestate, Redshirt, Repubchica, Robert_Paulson, ronsfi, Rose, Sbvft, Schadenfreude, Steve Z, Ted c, TinkerThinker, tjexcite, Txmomof6.
GINGRICH (53) [Current 27.3%, Previous, 29.3%, High 29.9%] – A capella, Ameripundit, besser tot als rot, Bflat879, Bluefox, Borntoraisehogs, BuckeyeSam, Carbon_footprint, Christian Conservative, Cindy Munford, cmsinaz, cycncook, Daemonocracy, Darwin, DKCZ, Don L, Doughboy, El_Terrible, ElectricPhase, Floating, Rock, Fossten, Georgealbert, Hellcat, Huckleberryfriend, JellyToast, jhffmn, karenhasfreedom, kerrhome, Lourdes, MeatHeadinCA, Meh, NY Conservative, paul1149, phreshone, PowerPro, ProudPalinFan, Puncheko, r keller, Redlizard64, Right2bright, SaltySam, sandee, Search4truth, Sharrukin, Socmodfiscon, Spanky, Spypeach, Stenwin77, Trs, Unseen, VBMax, Victor82, Weight of Glory.
PERRY (34) [Current 17.5%, Previous, 17.0%, High 17.6%] – Annoyinglittletwerp, Aslans Girl, Bluefox, Buckichick1, Bullhead, Cartooner, Christian Conservative, Cmsinaz, Darwin, Dire Straits, Dr. evil, El_terrible, Flyfisher, Gophergirl, HondaV65, Jeffn21, JeffWeimer, JohnGalt23, JonPrichard, Juliesa, kg598301, Marcus, Meh, muckdog, NickDeringer, OneGyT, Rukiddingme, SlaveDog, stacman, Steve Z, TheRightMan, Tommylott, VoterfromWAState, XWing5.
ROMNEY (24) [Current 12.4%, Previous, 9.3%, High 8.5%] – Acasilico, Andy85719, Basilbeast, Buy Danish, Chudi, csdeven, Faraway,g2825, goRBNY, jjshaka, Joepub, Lorien1973, MJ Brutus, Nswider, Pcoop, Petunia, Sheryl, Sugar land,Swamp Yankee, Texann56, The Prez, Thuja, Voter from WA State.
BACHMANN (1) [Current 0.5%, Previous, 0.5%, High <5.0%] – FloatingRock
PAUL (1) [Current 0.5%, Previous, 0.5%, High <5.0%] – iamse7en
As a comparison from what I gather there are 21 Former/Current Palin supporters declared at HA…only half have committed to another candidate. That tends to put Romney’s support in perspective and his possible nomination in great jeopardy statistically speaking.
PALINITES (21) – Annoyinglittletwerp, Bill C, Cindy Munford, Capitalist piglet, CS89, Ddrintn, InkyBinkyBarleyBoo, JonPrichard, Leftnomore, Listen2glenn, Marcus, NoLeftTurn, Promachus, pugwriter, Puncheko, RedLizard64, right2bright, Tencole, There Goes The Neighborhood, Western_Civ, Who is John Galt.
Percentages might exceed 100% due to rounding. If for any reason I have you under the wrong candidates tent, I have you listed under more than one candidate, or you would like to throw your name behind a different candidate you can update me at prov22.17-21@juno.com (three people have updated this way.
Provided as service towards eventual coalescing behind he/she who saved the people from Him who is no longer mentioned (HWINLM)…(Think Harry Potter).

RedLizard64 on October 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Herman Cain.

Key West Reader on October 28, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Thank you RedLizard64 for all of your hard work!!!

kringeesmom on October 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I support Romney, but I’m so comfortable with the idea of Cain being president. I find it hard to believe that everyone in a room felt uncomfortable with Cain being President. I would like to know what else the focus group was being told. I suspect that they were lead to this conclusion.

thuja on October 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM

RedLizard64 on October 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Hold on, you didn’t list Guy Huntsmans supporters LOL!

Dr Evil on October 28, 2011 at 8:11 PM

This is very interesting. Very encouraging also. Cain is a problem solver and he knows how to adjust to solve a problem. I thought he was doing alot more interviews than I ever remembered any other candidate doing. But it gave him good exposure. And it shows he has the stamina for the office. Cain is a high energy person.

Gordon says his boss has been doing as many as seven or eight events a day, “and when you do that and don’t use a Teleprompter, sometimes you can make a mistake… People understand he’s not a career politician; he’s very spontaneous, they know how fast he’s going. People give him more leeway than they would someone who’s in Congress or a governor.” . . .

Cain had requests from 25 national television shows the week after winning the Florida straw poll in late September—and his small coterie of aides clearly was overwhelmed. . . .

That was a mistake Cain would not have made “if he’d been rested,” Gordon says. “Mr. Cain was only going on about four hours’ sleep. He did correct it right away—he would not negotiate with terrorists.”

Elisa on October 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM

;) rally behind the person who we KNOW can win.. regardless of i sgafs and all that shi5.

Some of you really need to wake up to the fact that your lone horse aint gonna win and that CAIN has all the right stuff and can realy BEAT OBAMA>.
get on the train or it’s 4 MORE YEARS!! of this OBAMA.. and then I’m moving to a nice little Hut in the phillipines or maybe southern france and Ya’ll can toil away at your stubborn decision to pick the

:Perfect Candidate:

amend2 on October 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Herman Cain would be America’s actual first black President.

Herman Cain 2012

FlatFoot on October 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Heh.

Cain 2012

Really Black. Really American.

Oh CMon. Lighten up. It’s just a joke for crying out loud.

Saltysam on October 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I like Herman Cain. I hope we never hear this tired excuse again, though.

The glaring gaffes must come to an end, now. Period.

Get your sh&t together Herman. I haven’t given up on you, but you’re skating on thin ice.

Saltysam on October 28, 2011 at 9:40 PM

I am tired of Cain’s excuses. He can dish it out but obviously cannot take it. I always liked Cain up until this run. His attacks on Perry about the rock basically calling him a racist and saying he would never support him left me cold since he had advance word of the article which was trash but he never apologized.

Once the empowerment zones for his new 3-3-3 plan that lost me completely. Empowerment zones in urban areas is another word for affirmative action. Then he came up with the idea of employers being able to take salaries off their income tax in those zones. Talk about a chance for fraud.

The man knows little about how our Government works or the Constitution. Any candidate that thinks the race is too grueling shouldn’t be running. It gets worse not better. He was unprepared to run and is still unprepared.

He also showed an arrogance and thin skin I never thought I would see either. Has really surprised me all the way around and not on the good side.

Am so sick and tired of candidates and their gotcha questions. How about giving direct answers because if you have core values, it will show.

PhiKapMom on October 28, 2011 at 11:50 PM

He’s throwing the fight just like I’ve been predicting. He never meant to catch fire like this, his only intent was to get famous and help Mittster.

-Aslan’s Girl