Hot Air Snap Survey Results

posted at 8:05 pm on October 25, 2011 by Patrick Ishmael

Over 5000 readers voted. Herman Cain continues to hold the lead, although he’s slid a little in the last couple of weeks. Rick Perry is still in second, but losing ground rapidly to Newt Gingrich. When Gingrich rose from 2.5% to 5% between the last two polls, I knew something was up, and suddenly he’s Hot Air’s #3 pick for President.  Mitt Romney takes fourth, and Ron Paul takes fifth. Rick Santorum has moved ahead of Michele Bachmann into sixth. At the beginning of this month Santorum was at less than 1%, by mid-month he’d risen to 2%, and in this survey he’s at 3%. We’ll see if that trend continues.

Full results below. I’ve removed candidates from the line graph who are no longer running so that the overall trends of those who remain are easier to see. Questions? You can reach me here.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Can someone just whisper a little something in Huntsman’s ear? I don’t know how to translate it, but I’d like it to be in Chinese, and not abbreviated as I have done: “GTFO.”

Chewy the Lab on October 25, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I’d say “qu ni de”

tikvah on October 25, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Barely middle-aged with a tatoo. Hussy.
“gives finger”

katy the mean old lady on October 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Ouch!

Knucklehead on October 25, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Just because someone sucks at debating, doesn’t mean they don not have great ideas or assets to contribute.

carbon_footprint on October 25, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I can relate to that. Having to give oral book reports in front of the class made me ill! Didn’t have any problems with other assignments.

bluefox on October 25, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Oh, man. That would be hilarious! Brutal.

Rational Thought on October 25, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Had me laughing out loud all by myself in the car.

lynncgb on October 25, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Barely middle-aged with a tatoo. Hussy.
“gives finger”

katy the mean old lady on October 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Lol, you’re mean!

carbon_footprint on October 25, 2011 at 9:15 PM

katy the mean old lady on October 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Didn’t get it yet.
Maybe next week.
*waves back*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 9:17 PM

That would be priceless.

carbon_footprint on October 25, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Just one more good reason to hope he wins this thing….

lynncgb on October 25, 2011 at 9:19 PM

It feels like Lubbock is STILL around 75-80.
I do miss Chicago falls.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Hey alt! Will this be your first Christmas in Texas?

bluefox on October 25, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Hey alt! Will this be your first Christmas in Texas?

bluefox on October 25, 2011 at 9:20 PM

It will.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM

KingGold on October 25, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Newtmentum!

Punchenko on October 25, 2011 at 9:24 PM

That sounds pretty idiotic, actually, like a child who constantly mimics someone to make them angry. After a while, you want them both to shut up.

KingGold on October 25, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I believe Newt meant that he would follow Obama as a means to get him to agree to the debates. Not for the entire campaign.

lynncgb on October 25, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Watching Michelle Bachmann on Hannity. Painful, can we all at least agree at this point that Huntsman, Bachmann and Santorum should drop out already?

nswider on October 25, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Where’s the Gingrich, Cain or Perry three way choice question?

equanimous on October 25, 2011 at 9:28 PM

nswider on October 25, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Punchenko on October 25, 2011 at 9:29 PM

nswider on October 25, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Although, Jeb Huntsman is really funny with his Chinese food jokes.

carbon_footprint on October 25, 2011 at 9:30 PM

carbon_footprint on October 25, 2011 at 9:30 PM

lol, that guy is so awkward. His attempts to be funny are painful.

nswider on October 25, 2011 at 9:31 PM

nswider on October 25, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Very painful and they really do need to step aside. Although they have little support, I’d like to see where it goes when they exit.

Knucklehead on October 25, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I feel kind of bad for Percy Huntsman. His dad did spend a lot of money hiring people to give Clarence some really, really bad advice. I think they hired McCain’s old ghoul, John Weaver.

Poor Norbert. :-(

Punchenko on October 25, 2011 at 9:34 PM

katy the mean old lady on October 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Didn’t get it yet.
Maybe next week.
*waves back*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Easy peasy, didn’t hurt at all. If you have given birth, this is a no brainer. Just make sure they open the needle packages in front of you, and gloves are worn. It should be as clean as a dentist’s office; if it isn’t, walk out.

herm2416 on October 25, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Knucklehead on October 25, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Agreed. As a Romney supporter, technically its the more the merrier from that perspective. But if I have to hear Michelle Bachmann awkwardly turn every answer into “go to michellebachmann.com”,or one more Nirvana joke from Huntsman or listen to Santorum just lash out at any warm body in his path Im going to lose it. They just need to go away, far away.

nswider on October 25, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Punchenko on October 25, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Yeah I dont know whose more disappointed, his dad or the MSM. “Hes so reasonable!” Hurl.

nswider on October 25, 2011 at 9:37 PM

The gap between Perry and Gingrich is shrinking as Gingrich gains supporters and Perry loses them. I don’t think that’s a strange observation; if I’m in a racecar and I’m slowing down as someone is speeding up, I’m losing ground. As for Cain, he has dropped some, which is notable as a frontrunner. Romney’s slid, too, but Romney’s entire trend is smaller spikes that trend generally upward. It’s up for interpretation, but Romney’s movement has been pretty consistent within a band.

Patrick Ishmael on October 25, 2011 at 9:10 PM

It just seems strange to me that the biggest drop is with Cain and the smallest drop (between Cain, Romney and Perry) is Perry, yet the focus is on Perry’s drop. Not a big deal, but not the observation I would have made based on just looking at the numbers. Thanks for doing these!

kerrhome on October 25, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Well, just to crunch the numbers further, let’s look at the first winnowing, from 7 candidates to 5.

This eliminates Santorum and Paul.

I would not have removed Paul, as he and his adherents are die-hard. They are not going to drop out. Bachmann, giving her flat-line campaign and relative funding, is much more likely to drop out before Paul, and so this may have yielded a more realistic result.

But, however, let’s look at this first removal.

Paul + Santorum = 398 votes
eliminate them (drop from 7 to 5 candidates)

The shifted Paul + Santorum votes go:

Cain +29%
Bachmann +19% ”
Perry +11% ”
Romney +9.5% ”
(Romney+Perry) +21% ”

So – some CONCLUSIONS:
Paul and Santorum votes shift to Bachmann in a significant percentage at 19%. Remove Bachmann, and where do they go? A good question for further analysis. But, given Bachmann’s “outsider” campaign, and the conservatism of her supporters, her supporters are likely to look to the next most conservative candidates, which would seem to be Gingrich and Cain.

Where did Santorum’s votes go, as he is the likeliest to quit first of the 7 listed? We don’t know, as Paul was eliminated, also.

But should Santorum drop out, leaving Paul to go the distance, then his voters would likely go to a conservative….like Perry Romney Cain or Gingrich, with a moral reputation. That would be Gingrich Cain.

But what will happen if/when Bachmann quits? That is a crucial question. Will her voters be as outwardly “moral” as Santorum’s? Big question, because, fairly or not, the morality question hurts Gingrich.

I think Bachmann is in a potential kingmaker position, as she could tip her followers to Gingrich or Cain.

So, though Gingrich is the biggest percentage gainer/winner when dropping from 7 to 5 candidates, Cain is right behind him, without the “moral” question.

But the tectonic significance of their gains cannot be understated: They each, individually, outgained Perry and Romney combined.

It’s up in the air; Gingrich and Cain ascendant.

Let’s watch ‘em as they soar and see how their wings do.

cane_loader on October 25, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Hey alt! Will this be your first Christmas in Texas?

bluefox on October 25, 2011 at 9:20 PM

The place i went to was pristine. I was going to get ‘Texas Twerp’ on my upper arm like an arm cuff-want to get it on my wrist but my frame’s too small-but i went in and started doubting what I wanted.
Nope-I’m sticking w/ Texas Twerp.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 9:42 PM

nswider on October 25, 2011 at 9:36 PM

The time for “the more the merrier” is over and it’s time to get serious. Aside from Huntsman, I’m wondering where Bachmann and Santorum are getting their money from?

Knucklehead on October 25, 2011 at 9:47 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I was responding to Herm and didn’t check to see it I had ‘copied’.
*whacks head*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Knucklehead on October 25, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Well Bachmanns saving money by not paying her New Hampshire staff, lol.

nswider on October 25, 2011 at 9:55 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I was responding to Herm and didn’t check to see it I had ‘copied’.
*whacks head*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Headwhacker, I knew who you meant.

*grins*

I like Texas Twerp. I was considerably more pedestrian in my selection! A blue rose. Totally pedestrian. Meh!

herm2416 on October 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM

This is all an interesting exercise and what-not, but how does this compare to national polls of conservatives/Republicans?

We can get all excited here at HA, but I suspect we are a bit towards the fringe compared to the rest of the respective population.

Personally, I still support Perry. He seems to have the best experience and policies even if he has difficulty articulating them.

As regards Newt, I remember all too well the Contract with America and how he managed to sabotage the whole thing with his personal indiscretions…

Perry/Palin 2012!

Ace ODale on October 25, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Hmm, I see someone swapped votes with me. I picked Perry as the preferred candidate — currently flailing but I hope for our sake he recovers — then shifted to Cain for the choices. Yet the preferred candidate and the choose-7 tallies remain the same for Perry. Interesting.

Also interesting that with the choose-7 and choose-5, apparently some Santorum & Ron Paul supporters switch to Mitt. I would think Mitt is the nemesis of either supporter, hence those supporters would shift elsewhere.

AH_C on October 25, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Looks like the ladies aren’t as interested now that Palin is out. I think it’s true of both genders. Wonder how that bodes for the general.

MrX on October 25, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I think Palin is waiting to get in as VP now…

Ace ODale on October 25, 2011 at 10:13 PM

MrX on October 25, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I’m a woman who didn’t support Palin.
I’m glad she’s not running.
Bobby Jindal on the other hand…
*pout*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 10:16 PM

katy the mean old lady on October 25, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Didn’t get it yet.
Maybe next week.
*waves back*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Don’t. Or I’ll be forced to turn you in for the anninacan disappearance.

katy the mean old lady on October 25, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I think Palin is waiting to get in as VP now…

Ace ODale on October 25, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Your lips, God’s Ears.
Perry/Palin.

carbon_footprint on October 25, 2011 at 10:17 PM

herm2416 on October 25, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Except for all those years when it sags and you feel stupid.

katy the mean old lady on October 25, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I just figured out what this is about.

Except for all those years when it sags and you feel stupid.

katy the mean old lady on October 25, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Or spending the money, and pain, to have one of those “what was I thinking” body arts removed.

Not me, my wife…whole other story.

cozmo on October 25, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Who the heck are you 140 who voted for Obama over a lawn gnome?

JeffWeimer on October 25, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Beatings are in order.

antisocial on October 25, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Don’t. Or I’ll be forced to turn you in for the anninacan disappearance.

katy the mean old lady on October 25, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I’m thinking of heading up to where the Occupy Lubbock idiots are camped to…chat with them tomorrow. I might get it done after that.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Waiting with bated breath for the first flakes!

herm2416 on October 25, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Take.
That.
Back!

Laura in Maryland on October 25, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Except for all those years when it sags and you feel stupid.

katy the mean old lady on October 25, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Ah, geez! What a visual!

herm2416 on October 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I wanted to see a lineup of the lawn gnome against the GOP field. :)

karenhasfreedom on October 25, 2011 at 11:26 PM

2nd look at Perry?

If he could perform in debates the way he does one-on-one, he would kick butt. But he would have to debate 0, and mostly with lefty moderators. I’m conflicted.

iurockhead on October 25, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I’ve been told he’s better debating one person than he is five that are all gunning for him. Maybe we’ll see.

I’m not sure how tuned in the American people will be to a debate with Obama. They’re living the guy – they don’t need a debate to know it was a mistake electing him at this point, imo.

capitalist piglet on October 25, 2011 at 11:36 PM

My concern with Cain is that he is over his head. Admits he has a lot to learn and shoots from the hip (only to cover his tracks later). That said and with Romney and Huntsman as the two RINO’s in the crowd, then we’re left with Perry and Gingrich (assuming Bachmann and Santorum never gain traction from here). It makes sense to me that Newt is gaining ground at this point, because from the debates he is more focused on Obama than the others, and I’m confident he could crush Obama in any debate. But I don’t count Perry out and I’d prefer a flat tax to 999. Both Newt and Perry have proposed the flat tax.

Christian Conservative on October 26, 2011 at 12:00 AM

G’night, kids! I’m off to bed.

Hey, Twerp, monster storm here a little while ago, lightning so bright, it hurt my eyes. It was awesome!

herm2416 on October 26, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Newt is yesterday and so is that ugly bleached blond Barbie he calls a wife. Look at his baggage, didn’t he have a wife with cancer that he divorced? Guess we would have to give a pass to John Edwards. Enough old white hairs with young wives (John McCain) whom you all could not stand, now some of you want to do it again. The pundits are right; we will lose it because of stupidity and ideaology and there goes the whole schmeer.

AReadyRepub on October 26, 2011 at 12:40 AM

THIS EXCERPT FROM FOX AND IT’S DEVASTATING:

reliapundit on October 25, 2011 at 8:37 PM

That was unmitigated cr*p from the network that doesn’t want Herman Cain. That network also cut out Cain’s smile at the end of the ad that went viral today that Hannity showed. Pathetic.

The fence: was a joke! He’s told it before.
Abortion: was in answer to a question about a raped teen-ager!
Gitmo Prisoners: He was thinking of Netanyahu’s prisoner swap which was all over the news that day.
9-9-9: Many of the ‘changes’ he mentioned were already in the plan.

MaggiePoo on October 26, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I gave up when I noticed that “suicide” was not allowed as a vote if you really really didn’t like any of the choices.

{o.o}

herself on October 26, 2011 at 2:36 AM

What is “Other”? There are 109 of them.

SlaveDog on October 25, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I would venture to guess, Libertarian?

IowaWoman on October 26, 2011 at 6:01 AM

who are the 140 who voted against the lawn gnome???

cmsinaz on October 26, 2011 at 7:23 AM

I’d have no problem if Newt was the nominee. I could get behind him much more easily than I could get behind McCain the last time around. This was a shared sentiment at a prayer dinner I went to last night in Lubbock, TX (as red as it gets!).

davenp35 on October 26, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Who the heck are you 140 who voted for Obama over a lawn gnome?JeffWeimer on October 25, 2011 at 8:13 PM

They read on Hot Air comments that Lawn Gnome was a RINO.

Dingbat63 on October 26, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Palin is done. There is NO ONE who will put her on a ticket now. NO ONE.

You may not agree, but she is viewed by most as a quitter. Then the campaign “tease” just solidified that.

I hope she can be influencial in the the upcoming election, but she has hurt her political future by quitting her potential run in October (not July or August).

stenwin77 on October 26, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Love that Gingrich %75 and Rahmney %21. It says it all! Nothing would please me more than having a true conservative trounce the establishment’s RINO du jour in the primaries.

It would then be most interesting to see just how far the status quo gate-keepers in the GOP (and and their parasitical punditry class in DC)would go to support a true conservative, or would they take them down with their usual “not quite ready,” or “not our best” games.

To have real representation – the GOP needs to allow paying members to vote as to who will the big-wigs in the GOP be. It does little good for representative government when a handful on connected establishment types control the candidate choices from the get go. Perhaps if the establishment GOP RINO lovers lost their power to pick, we’d see a heck of a lot more winners as choices in the primaries?

Don L on October 26, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I guess either Cain or Newt would be good enough for me.
Never thought I’d support Newt but here I am.

joe_doufu on October 25, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Me neither, but… he does have experience and he does not have beltway support. That says he might do what he has to do.

wi farmgirl on October 26, 2011 at 8:35 AM

AReadyRepub on October 26, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I would agree with the fact that he has baggage, but right now, I don’t care if he tortured kittens… if he can get this country out of the sewer we’re in, I’m voting for him.

Please research the cancer-wife issue. His daughter has addressed this. She states that the divorce was requested by the wife. The wife did not have cancer when she asked for the divorce.

Newt took his daughters to see their mother after she was hospitalized. Something he didn’t have to do but did it for the daughters’ sakes.

Newt has a contract with America which I’m going to read. He is known for being able to get bills through congress. If he gets the contract through, he’ll be doing a lot more than the last 2 presidents.

Undoubtedly, he is the absolute smartest person to run in the last 16 years – probably the most experienced too.

I’m leaning towards supporting him. Perry is just pathetic. Obama would cream him in a debate. Cain just has to explain too much, backpeddling too often.

stenwin77 on October 26, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Palin is done. There is NO ONE who will put her on a ticket now. NO ONE.

stenwin77 on October 26, 2011 at 8:26 AM

As a radical Palin fan, I have to agree. She saw the GOP bosses and pundits take her down, one at a time, from Krauthammer to Cheneym and from Coulter to Rove, from Ingraham to Noonan, and from Will to Christie, and wisely decided that running against your own tsunami was a foolish endeavor. I would prefer to call her a wise leader, rather than a quitter, that saw the enemy was your own people and knew continuing was sheer folly.

(Read about General King on Bataan, surrendering 70,000 troops – against MacArthur’s orders to charge – the largest surrender in our history and no one dared to call him a quitter -which is a easy insult to make when you’re no walking in their moccassins))

Like MacArthur -she’ll be back -after the GOP powerbrokers are broken, perhaps.

Don L on October 26, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Also, Newt is the only one that has addressed the mess of our judicial branch… with ways to stop legislation from the bench.

The Supreme court is THE MAIN ISSUE to me. Followed closely by amnesty. I’m not sure how Newt would handle that. I’ll have to do more research on it.

The economy will heal itself if we get the right administration in.

stenwin77 on October 26, 2011 at 8:38 AM

The economy will heal itself if we get the right administration in.

stenwin77 on October 26, 2011 at 8:38 AM

That explanation of 1802 defunding of the court got my attention and definitely agree that the 9th Circuit needs to stop getting a check. While I’m somewhat concerned that the libs might do the same later, it’d be worth it because for too long judges have acted like they were untouchable. They need to understand that they judge only by the consent of the people, just as DC governs only by consent of we-the-people. That and his debate performance has me giving more credence to him, but I still think the best role for him is VP or COS, where he can do his best work un-distracted by his baggage.

AH_C on October 26, 2011 at 9:54 AM

The plain as day fact is that Romney is a wind sock RINO out to trick everybody.

That leaves Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich with good ideas and a conservative world views.

Newt is an idea man, but he is not a leader. And he even throws in liberal ideas when he wants to get headlines.

The President has to be a leader. Ergo, Cain is the man.

Rick Perry may get a new look, but he has not impressed any voters as what they must settle for as their “better than Romney choice,” because the first two choices that he pretends are not there, are there and way ahead of him.

jimw on October 26, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Defunding the court is merely admission that the guardians of freedom lack the will to do it the right way -impeach.

Impeach those justices that make law and overstep their authority -from the idiots that found emanations from penumbras in Row, to the Sandra Day OConners who bragged about looking to European law, or the Thurgood Marshalls that admitted to adjuticating not on the constitution, but on his sense of racial reparations (he feels it’s okay to make law by fiat, not to mention all the idiots who supported Kelo’s idiocy of allowing all of our properties to be taken by the government if it “feels’ it can turn them into a more profitable thing -the very essence of communism.

Impeach them all who dare do such, and do it immediately, or get out of the way – impeach or reject their results by rewiting the laws they create daily and if need be, only then- withold funding as a last resort.
By the way, I felt the same way -we should have impeached Bush for aggressively supporting the breaking of our immigration laws ans his sacred oath of office. It would have done more to reform the establsihment RINO GOP than all the voting in the world.

Don L on October 26, 2011 at 12:01 PM

N

The President has to be a leader. Ergo, Cain is the man.

I think they both are leaders.

I don’t like the way Cain has to backtrack every other day on some issue.

I believe he (Cain) was a good leader for his companies.

I think Newt was a good leader when he was the conservative leader of the house. His knowledge of goverment is unsurpassed. He will get things done so fast, heads will spin.

Cain will have a 2-year learning curve – under the best of circumstances. Cain lacks experience and to deny that is foolish.

Newt’s neg is his propensity to lean and say liberal things. He’s claimed to have seen the light. His POS = knowledge and experience.

Cain’s neg = NO elected experience, unproven as a conservative, his positives?= nice guy, knows pizza, business leader.

I have to go with Newt. But I understand why folks want to take a chance on Cain.

stenwin77 on October 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I, for one, would welcome a Lawn Gnome at the debates.

Pablo Snooze on October 26, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I do not understand the high level of support for Cain here. Don’t get me wrong, I like the guy and I think he could be a great asset in a Cabinet role. But I am really troubled by his lack of knowledge on even basic policy matters.

I don’t see how we can nominate a candidate who is so deficient in his knowledge of politics and policy.

How is it possible that within the Hotair community I am in the minority on this?

dczombie on October 26, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I, for one, would welcome a Lawn Gnome at the debates.

Pablo Snooze on October 26, 2011 at 1:54 PM

As Mr. Gnomes campaign manager, I can say he appreciates your sentiment and support.

BobMbx on October 26, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I listed myself as ‘conservatarian’.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 25, 2011 at 8:42 PM

ALT, I think that’s a pretty good description of “Tea Partier”!

Who is John Galt on October 26, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I, for one, would welcome a Lawn Gnome at the debates.

Pablo Snooze on October 26, 2011 at 1:54 PM

would be alot better then watching 2 old hens squabble (mittens n perry)

ColdWarrior57 on October 26, 2011 at 8:38 PM

stenwin77 on October 26, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Palin’s obituary has been written many times before. She keeps coming back. The thing is, she’s just plain interesting, and most other Republicans are boring. She’ll get press whenever she wants it.

Personally, I do not think the timing of her decision hurt her political influence near as much as the decision itself. She’d be more influential as a candidate who leaves the race and endorses another, instead of just being an occasional commentator on a single network.

But despite what HA may think, her goal may not be to put herself in the spotlight as much as possible. She may actually want to avoid much attention for a while. She may even have a plan. (I know, it’s just crazy Palinista dreaming, thinking she might know what she’s doing. /)

alwaysfiredup on October 27, 2011 at 12:21 PM