Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on October 18, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Jim Geraghty once famously observed that all Barack Obama promises come with an expiration date. He could have written a corollary to that rule, which is that all Obama lectures come with an expiration time. In what has become a recurring theme with OOTDs, Obama waggled a finger at Republicans for engaging in partisanship — only to do the same himself just moments later:

Once you escape the partisanship and the political point-scoring in Washington, once you start really start listening to the American people, it’s pretty clear what our country and your leaders should be spending their time on. Jobs.

Once you escape the lecturing and I’m-above-politics conceit of Obama in a speech, you’ll almost always find that he’s not taking his own advice.  Sure enough:

None of this matters to the Republicans in the Senate — because last week they got together to block this bill. They said no to putting teachers and construction workers back on the job. They said no to rebuilding our roads and our bridges and our airports. They said no to cutting taxes for middle-class families and small businesses when all they’ve been doing is cutting taxes for the wealthiest Americans. They said no to helping veterans find jobs.

No, they didn’t — they said that Obama’s bill wouldn’t meet any of those objectives, and so opposed it.  So did two Democrats, for that matter, Jon Tester and Ben Nelson, and more were prepared to vote against Obama’s bill had it come to a floor vote.  Instead of being honest and admitting that the opposition to his bill came from both parties, it seems that Obama wanted to indulge in the same partisanship and point-scoring that he had just decried.

Comments

Obama: Listen to me!………but not too closely.

kingsjester on October 18, 2011 at 8:10 AM

The jobs bill was never intended to pass. It was intended to be used as a bludgeon against the Republicans.

The typical voter will never know that Democrats killed the bill because the media will never tell them.

Obama knows that, so he can lie with impunity. Those of us who know he’s lying weren’t going to vote for him anyway.

Washington Nearsider on October 18, 2011 at 8:10 AM

boehner insisted on breaking this bill up so that something could get passed and dear leader wanted nothing to do with that….now he is bashing the gop indicating that they must not have understood his bill as a whole so he’s going to break it up for them so that they can understand it better

arrogant a$$

————-
and don’t call this a campaign tour…no, no, no

cmsinaz on October 18, 2011 at 8:11 AM

and the lsm help him along the way

cmsinaz on October 18, 2011 at 8:12 AM

How many times can you say “pants on fire” before it gets really, really old?

NeighborhoodCatLady on October 18, 2011 at 8:12 AM

I can’t hate this ambulatory turd any more than I do now. It makes my head hurt to try.

Extrafishy on October 18, 2011 at 8:14 AM

I truly despise our lying sack of a Precedent. The guy is just plain incapable of any sort of veracity.

CantCureStupid on October 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM

His nose is so long we can start using it as a clothes line.

Beaglemom on October 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM

I truly despise our lying sack of a Precedent.

CantCureStupid on October 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM

me too

cmsinaz on October 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM

When a man believes he is perfect, it is easy to “prove” anyone else is wrong, that they disagree with the perfect one is proof in itself.

radjah shelduck on October 18, 2011 at 8:18 AM

It’s all Joe Wilson’s fault! If he hadn’t busted Obama lying nobody would have ever known!

Vntnrse on October 18, 2011 at 8:19 AM

The only good thing about the early primaries is that maybe we can get Obama debating our candidate and calling him out on these constant lies.

ctmom on October 18, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Anybody read the Drudge headline this morning?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

gophergirl on October 18, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Can we really consider Obama just taking advantage of the Ernestos of the world, an Obamateurism?

When you get down to it, any leftist will take advantage of stupid voters, and this is all this is.

MNHawk on October 18, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Washington Nearsider on October 18, 2011 at 8:10 AM

This! And the fact that the liberal media not only will never tell the American public that this jobs bill is nothing but a poorly written political tool, it is worthless on its face. If this piece of crap of legislation is the best “our President” can come up with after three years of spending this nation into economic ruin, it’s time for another leader. The American public is not buying another PAYOFF TO YOUR UNION CRONIES, PRESIDENT OBAMA, or your bus tour of campaigning ON TAXPAYER DOLLARS.

Rovin on October 18, 2011 at 8:37 AM

What a narcissistic dick.

txag92 on October 18, 2011 at 8:38 AM

When Bush was in office I honestly could not understand the level of hatred people on the left had for him. I was disappointed in the things he did later in his presidency, but never hated him. Now I understand how those people felt. I have that level of hatred for the current President every day and cannot wait for him and his grifter wife to leave the White House.

ConservativeMom on October 18, 2011 at 8:38 AM

If Obama is counting on the unwashed protesters, he will find himself Occu-Pied.

onlineanalyst on October 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Barry Obama, post-racial, post-partisan uniter!

AZCoyote on October 18, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Obama is just a shameless liar. I don’t think he’s capable of stringing together more than two sentences without some kind of dishonesty being involved.

forest on October 18, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Anybody read the Drudge headline this morning?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

gophergirl on October 18, 2011 at 8:34 AM

We’re told the truck was parked at the Virginia Center Commons Courtyard Marriott in advance on Wednesday’s presidential visit to Chesterfield.

Sources said inside that vehicle was about $200,000 worth of sound equipment, several podiums and presidential seals, behind which only the President himself can stand.

They told NBC12 around 12:30 Monday afternoon that truck was recovered in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express near the airport and hotel staff confirm police activity. One guest we spoke with said he saw various law enforcement agencies examining a white box truck parked there.

“My jobs bill is really just a joke, and I’m not really the President of the United States—but I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express last night”…..Obama

Rovin on October 18, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Washington Nearsider on October 18, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Each candidate should read this post at all of the remaining debates.
They should read it after every question that is asked of them, over and over.

darwin-t on October 18, 2011 at 8:51 AM

This is just political. He’s campaigning and I get to pay for it.

Kissmygrits on October 18, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Obama is just practicing “the full Alinsky.”

Good piece: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/280407/full-alinsky-michael-walsh

onlineanalyst on October 18, 2011 at 9:03 AM

ctmom on October 18, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Methinks the Repubs ought to pay royalties to HA and make a 60 minute prime time video out of the Obamateurisms of the Day. Air it on all the major networks. Hey, I’d help pay for it, how about you? (But instead they won’t touch him. Only Sarah could do that.)

Christian Conservative on October 18, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Standard operation.

tinkerthinker on October 18, 2011 at 9:12 AM

What he really wanted to say:

Once you escape the partisanship and the political point-scoring in Washington, once you start really start listening to the American people, it’s pretty clear what our country and your leaders should be spending their time on. Jobs.
None of this matters to the Senate — because they are not part of the leadership in this country as I am the supreme leader. All others are just lackeys and must bend to my will.

oldernwiser on October 18, 2011 at 9:18 AM

“Instead of being honest….”

Obama? Honest?

He’s a smooth talkin’ Chicago street hustler community organizer by profession…and you expect honesty?

Is the FEC going to go after Obama for using taxpayer money to fund his current campaign bus tour?

Probably not. Obama is not only historic, he’s like awesome.

coldwarrior on October 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM

yep. what’s worse – I was thinking the other day that it would all be finally over in November – then someone had to remind me that it’s NEXT November. At this point I can’t imagine having to go through another year of this. I need HELP!

katablog.com on October 18, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Haet Him? You gota enjoy this.

They should have passed His Jobs Bill. After extracting a precise figure on a target unemployment rate. Then waited for the next attempt to change the subject.

I would love it if Bill O. would review the polls on taxing the rich and passing the bill. You can’t let Him change the subject, Factor. Unless you want Him to win, of course.

Watching Him handle a demand that both parties give their 2008 donations from Wall Street to the poor would be fun, too.

IlikedAUH2O on October 18, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Well, Ed, I’m very tempted to give Barry a pass on this one.

You see, there’s nothing amateurish about demagoguery if you can depend upon the media to package it in your favor. There’s nothing amateurish about hypocrisy if you don’t expect it to have a light of examination shined upon it.

The basic theme here is, it isn’t wrong if you don’t get caught.

What’s amateurish is, even after three years of getting caught, when his formerly most devoted groups are beginning to be embarrassed about him, he still doesn’t think he’s going to get caught.

Freelancer on October 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM

ConservativeMom on October 18, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Perfectly stated and exactly how I feel. I have never been a hater nor intolerant before Obama. It’s like I have PTSD. It is very personal since his policies have ruined my business and eroded my net worth to poverty levels. My concern for our children and grandchildren and our country keeps me awake sometimes. My only hope is that the American people will wake up and take our country back from these enemies in power. Remember in every election to replace all communist democrats!

Marco on October 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Instead of being honest

Muenchhausen, Pinnochio and Machiavelli are all indignant.

This is the creepiest Liar on the ace of the Earth. Those who brung him deserve his full destruction.

You, Peggy Noonan and Althouse, too.

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Obama acting like a spoiled brat and blaming anything that comes to his mind.

mixplix on October 18, 2011 at 3:23 PM