Celebrated redistributionists discover healthy respect for private property

posted at 9:25 am on October 18, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

The lesson in this story, besides that irony is often delicious?  Redistributionism always looks better when you don’t own anything yourself (via JWF):

Occupy Wall Street protesters said yesterday that packs of brazen crooks within their ranks have been robbing their fellow demonstrators blind, making off with pricey cameras, phones and laptops — and even a hefty bundle of donated cash and food.

“Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.

“I had my Mac stolen — that was like $5,500. Every night, something else is gone. Last night, our entire [kitchen] budget for the day was stolen, so the first thing I had to do was . . . get the message out to our supporters that we needed food!”

Crafty cat burglars sneaked into the makeshift kitchen at Zuccotti Park overnight and swiped as much as $2,500 in donated greenbacks from right under the noses of volunteers who’d fallen asleep after a long day whipping up meals for the hundreds of hungry protesters, the volunteers said.

Who’d have thought that a crowd of people demanding the seizure of wealth from banks, corporations, and the wealthy might also have a few thieves?  I’m shocked, shocked to find theft occurring in a group that has hijacked private property it refuses to leave.  I can’t imagine that a crowd that demands free higher education and the forgiveness of tens of thousands in student debt would also think of someone’s Mac or an iPhone as equally as communal as a college education.

The best part of this story is that it sounds like the thieves might be creating a few proto-conservatives:

Security volunteer Harry Wyman, 22, of Brooklyn was furious about the thievery — and vowed to get tough with the predatory perps.

“I’m not getting paid, but I’m not gonna stand for it. Why people got to come here and do stupid stuff? All it does is make people not wanna come here anymore,” Wyman fumed.

Law and order!  Get tough on crime!  Defend private property!  Hey, maybe there isn’t that much difference between this and a Tea Party after all — just a few years of experience and a couple of eye-opening insights on freeloaders.  In my column for The Week, I take a more serious look at the similarities between the two movements, and explain why the Occupiers are heading into an intellectual and political dead end:

So far, the Occupy protests have mainly drawn the usual suspects — anarchists and ideologues who spend their lives attempting to provoke responses from police and gain media attention. Some of the same organizations — unions, AGJ — have agitated at World Trade Organizations and G-8 summits, most notably in Seattle in 1999. In St. Paul, Minn., I saw the same kind of activists form into the umbrella RNC Welcoming Committee and organize violent protests at the Republican National Convention. But could this turn into something more?

It’s not out of the question. Those protests took place during periods of prosperity — in the latter case, before the recession became a collapse — and remained fringe affairs. That is certainly not the case any longer with Occupy, which is why targeting Wall Street will hit more of a resonant chord. The pressure of a chronic economic malaise means that we have millions of people who had been gainfully employed a few years ago who now find themselves outside of the economic system, with no stake in the status quo. They might find themselves agreeing with either movement — and on the streets demanding change of some sort. Right now, the attention is on Occupy, and that may draw a significant number of angry people who wouldn’t normally sympathize with hard-Left groups like AGJ or consider joining a union unless forced to do so.

However, the emphasis on Wall Street rather than Washington as the focus of anger and blame puts Occupy into an intellectual paradox that will likely limit its impact. Certainly Wall Street bears its share of responsibility for creating toxic derivatives that nearly killed the financial sector. But the derivatives failed because the securities on which they were based – congressionally-approved Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac securities – turned out to be junk bonds. The current issues of spending and debt originate in Congress, where the Democrats who replaced Republicans in 2006 promising fiscal responsibility turned out worse than their GOP predecessorts, ballooning deficits to well past a trillion dollars a year.

In this the Tea Party has a coherent ideology that opposes government interventions in private markets and runaway spending and debt: They want a smaller government. Occupy protests many of the same problems, but in response to these issues, the Occupy movement wants a bigger federal government that would punish banks and wealthy Americans. They apparently want seizures and redistribution, which necessarily means more bureaucracies, higher spending, and many more opportunities for collusion between authorities and monied interests in one way or another.

Right now, they’re also in the process of learning some hard truths about human nature, and why a fairly regulated free-market system works best to allow a channel for the natural self-interest of individuals to put capital to work and create wealth.

Update: Is there any such thing as a $5,500 Mac laptop?  I built my own MacBook Pro with every option on the laptop itself at the Apple store, and only came up with a price of $3,447.  I could also choose 6 or 12 month financing, but that would just put me in debt to the corporations, dude.  It looks like Nan’s mommy and daddy bought the Mac and Nan doesn’t have a clue about its value.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Am I evil that the entire thread made me laugh?

hawkdriver on October 18, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Wait until the real expert thieves show up, the druggies…these people are unarmed, unprotected, and exposed, this will increase week by week and they will see the cost of anarchy…
This will be a great lesson, not understood or acknowledged, but a great lesson on what a socialist society is like…easy pick’ns…

right2bright on October 18, 2011 at 10:30 AM

“I had my Mac stolen — that was like $5,500″

Just compensation for having to listen to your mindless drivel.

donh525 on October 18, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Am I evil that the entire thread made me laugh?

hawkdriver on October 18, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Not in the least.

Naturally Curly on October 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I have no words. I mean, REALLY?

RDE2010 on October 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Naturally Curly on October 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM

:-)

right2bright on October 18, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Yep, it looks like the anarchists are looking for a little more order in their anarchy.

hawkdriver on October 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I think it is time for a little protection from these guys…

right2bright on October 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM

A TeaParty rally right now would serve as a useful contrast. Have a coherent message. Don’t trash the neighborhood. Leave the place cleaner than when we found it. Stuff like that.

Pythagoras on October 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Ed, I cleared 5,500 easily. Just add an SSD and APC.

That piece was decked – before you add NYC taxes.

budfox on October 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Ed, I cleared 5,500 easily. Just add an SSD and APC.

That piece was decked – before you add NYC taxes.

budfox on October 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM

You guys don’t get it…this is what she told the insurance company so she could get a $5,500 computer…

right2bright on October 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Dr Evil on October 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM

The Cosa Nostra were very anti-fascist as they depended on a capitalist system to be able to work. When the State startes to hone in on your territory it becomes your rival: and the State is far more ruthless than any Mafia. It is also corrupt, but not in the easy way of catering to mere human foibles, and those in the system now have a State to supply those and look the other way.

Basically fascism, communism and national socialism are all anathema to criminal organizations (as opposed to solo operating criminals) due to the power of the State. It is thought that one of the deals FDR had to make with the mafia run dock bosses to get things running was to promise a liberation of Sicily and Italy before going after Germany. It could have gotten very nasty if the mafia based unions had kept up their strikes…

The current Red Mafia is a different beast as it has buy-in to 1/3 of the power structure in Russia. That is why one of Putin’s top men is a mafioso: if he doesn’t keep them in the fold then they have a good chance of using private and State power, both, against him. He is, however, more brutal than they are… which is saying something in Russia.

ajacksonian on October 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I am betting Big Labor – Unions, didn’t check with the wise guys, before they threw their nostalgic look back at the 60s movement. These kids were probably amusing at first but now they are annoying somebody’s friends. If I had to guess, somebody asked somebody for a favor, and the answer was Fogeta Bout It, no problem we know how to make these stinky little sh1ts move on. Take away their toys LOL!

Dr Evil on October 18, 2011 at 10:41 AM

You all are focused on the $5k Mac — but it’s the theft of the food money that’s the most telling!
These little commies will steal OUR food if it it comes to that — and it would come to that if the useful idiots got their way!

rebuzz on October 18, 2011 at 10:43 AM

“I had my Mac stolen — that was like $5,500.

Haha, Loser.

Replace it with cheap laptop with free linux so you won’t feed the evil profiteers in Apple.

V-rod on October 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM

This is absolutely delicious. That person had a spec’d-out mac. Three grand is pushing the high end on a mac pro desktop. Sounds like she had multiple HDs an insane amount of RAM and multiple monitors. She’s definitely not part of the 99% crowd. I’m typing on a $350 Acer lappy!

robblefarian on October 18, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Yeah, but what the heck are you doing at a demonstration with a $5,500 Mac? STUPID.

RDE2010 on October 18, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I get the insurance angle…

…but you’re fooling yourself if you think that’s what this chick is thinking about.

Insurance is for people who value ownership. That’s the antithesis of this group’s thinking.

budfox on October 18, 2011 at 10:47 AM

ajacksonian on October 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Thieves steal truck with President’s equipment

J_Crater on October 18, 2011 at 10:04 AM

What these kids think are random acts of rampant thievery. They think their Union cover gives them immunity to crime in NYC? If they do that’s too funny.

I think there is a message being sent – are the recipients bright enough to hear the message….probably not, their tribal drums are too loud, you can tell from the Howard Stern interview SMILE.

Dr Evil on October 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM

When this gets out to the everyday crooks, it will look like crows feeding on road kill…next time hold up a sign that says “Steal from me, I’m high”….

right2bright on October 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Just fascinating that these kids get to see an accelerated example of societal evoloution in their little Shangri-La microcosm.

Probably more education than they’ve received in an entire year of Applied Feminist Dance Theory.

JohnTant on October 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM

*evolution…darned iPad. Maybe I need one of those fancy $5,500 Macs that fix my typos.

JohnTant on October 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM

ajacksonian on October 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM

No neighborhood more crime free than that of the Godfather and his capos.

a capella on October 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM

budfox on October 18, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Hypocrisy is what they live by…they deny society’s “goods”, but demand them to be given to them.
They decry money, but demand it be given to them…they say “share” but they share what they don’t own…

right2bright on October 18, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Great thread, btw.

a capella on October 18, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Thieves steal truck with President’s equipment

J_Crater on October 18, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Somewhere there’s a hobo giving a talk on the importance of passing the President’s jobs bill.

JohnTant on October 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Lord of the Flies redux.

Also. Um, if you have a $5,500 laptop maybe you aren’t part of the 99%.

lorien1973 on October 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM

More irony is that if the laptop was being re-charged each day, the owner was stealing electricity from someone else. Was the electricity being generated by a “green source”? If not, then there we have further hypocrisy.

onlineanalyst on October 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Part of me thinks “why are they surprised?”, when you consider how many with criminal records – of some variation – showed up and talked about it. I mean, you had two guys on the run from Orlando openly setting up shop two weeks ago, and telling reporters.

But when I think of the OWS-types I’ve known for the past decades, they are blindly trusting because they come from groupthink cliques. Middle/Upper class, white, suburban or high-end urban.

They actually frequently associate with low-rent criminals, mainly half-ass pushers, but since judgmental thinking is evil, they bend backwards to let these people know they’re accepting.

budfox on October 18, 2011 at 10:56 AM

There are no $5,500 Mac laptops. She obviously didn’t pay for it hereself and has no idea what it cost.

tommyboy on October 18, 2011 at 9:34 AM

She is probably going to make a fraudulent claim via Mommy and/or Daddy’s insurance company. Insurance company??? Another eeeevil corporation? Oh, the humanity!

onlineanalyst on October 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Right2bright – now THAT is very true.

budfox on October 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Update: Is there any such thing as a $5,500 Mac laptop?

LMAO. Sony sells a ludicrous “hammered aluminum” laptop that goes for over $4,000, and given Apple’s generally ridiculous prices I suppose it’s possible, but wow … a nitwit hippie who wants to make communism the operating system for America’s economy and she’s carrying around a freaky-expensive laptop?

Shocka!

Someone tell Princess FairyDust that in her new wealth-distributed world, NO ONE will have expensive laptops. Not $5,500 iMacs … not $1,200 Sonys … just bottom of the barrel, stripped down Dells that don’t work right and break constantly, and she will be waiting 9 months to get her crappy Dell fixed at the government repair shop.

Jaibones on October 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Second look at the 2nd Amendment?

Naw. Why would they want to defend themselves or their property?

Lily on October 18, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.

Now there’s a budding skill set that will pay dividends at the annual ACLU picnic.

Barnestormer on October 18, 2011 at 11:00 AM

This makes me want to read my favorite book “Animal Farm” (yet again).

DethMetalCookieMonst on October 18, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Food, money, laptops and cameras have been stolen. Do they blame their own? Obama? Washington politics? Why not at all. It’s still the fault of Wall Street! *SIGH*

capejasmine on October 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM

This is going to turn out like every commune experiment in history, it will devolve into these stages:

1. Everyone for the common good, no leaders.
2. A few leaders will emerge and begin an attempt to structure everything.
3. A power struggle will break out. Tension will run high.
4. Some people will become “more equal” than others.
5. Violence.

robblefarian on October 18, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Four Legs: Good
Two Legs: Better

DethMetalCookieMonst on October 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM

right2bright on October 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Isn’t that what the first kid in the Stern interview was saying, in so many words, you know the one without a tent, who was at the OWS to get laid.

Dr Evil on October 18, 2011 at 11:09 AM

To paraphrase the estimable Theo Huxtable, I don’t have a $5,500 Mac and I have a job.

Dodd on October 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Suck on it.

AH_C on October 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM

iLiberals get their Mac’s stolen…

TOTUS stolen…

Am I having a great day or what???….

PatriotRider on October 18, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I really don’t think this is just random acts of thievery.

Dr Evil on October 18, 2011 at 11:16 AM

The lesson in this story, besides that irony is often delicious? Redistributionism always looks better when you don’t own anything yourself

Exactly…and they seem to be learning that lesson the hard way. What’s truly galling is, the fact, (from Schoens poll) most of these people are working. So why the hell are they griping in the first place? I could see more legitimacy in this, if it were the unemployed, but c’mon.

We bought our house over 15 years ago. With costs going up and up, we’ve found it hard to do any major remodeling. My kitchen still has harvest gold sink and counter tops, and the cabinets are in dire need of being replaced. We can’t afford it right now so we live with it. In the end, when all is said and done, I don’t want to tell God my greatest accomplishment was a new kitchen. I’m happy despite that. I’m just grateful that we have a roof over our heads, and food on the table, and are handling the bills. For that I’m truly thankful to God.

So what are these peoples problems? Because they work, but just don’t want to pay their bills? What a bunch of hooey. Grow up, buck up, and remember…no one said life was easy. But having things handed to you is wrong if it means forcefully taking from others to get it. No matter how long, or how you justify it in your minds, deep down, they know it’s wrong.

capejasmine on October 18, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Even anarchists, pro-violent revolutionaries, anti-capitalists and anti-semites know that redistribution of wealth must be done in an orderly method. The government, which is controlled by the evil corporations, should have good evil corporate lobbyists write new rules and regulations to accomplish this end. Property may be theft but not if it is MINE!

Laurence on October 18, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Learning about original sin the hard (but effective) way.

tommyboy on October 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Am I evil that the entire thread made me laugh?

hawkdriver on October 18, 2011 at 10:29 AM

If so, then so am I.

I found myself feasting upon the delicious irony, and hoping that the idiot who is so prominently holding a “Tax the Rich” sign is one of the victims…who has just discovered that he has been “taxed”.

landlines on October 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Update: Is there any such thing as a $5,500 Mac laptop?

there is if momma or dadda bought you one and then you dropped your latte’ on the top of it and she had to buy you another one. That might get the cost of it up to fiddy five hunnerd.

ted c on October 18, 2011 at 11:22 AM

does anyone really expect there to be honor amongst thieves???

really?

ted c on October 18, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Sounds like the redistribution just started a little earlier than planned…

Hee hee hee… Pass the popcorn… I hear they have a lot of it at your local OWS protest…

Khun Joe on October 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Two good minutes, Milton Friedman lecturing Phil Donahue.

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2011 at 11:28 AM

and they don’t see this as a larger metaphor for what they are doing themselves??? Get a clue, fellas. If wallstreet would “fall asleep” and leave the door open, ya’ll would swipe them clean so, tell us, who’s surprised???

also, wall street folks donated BIG to obama too. So the stash they have, that you wanna swipe…..they gave a lot of it to the White House, so the white house also has a stash. You gonna camp out there too???

ted c on October 18, 2011 at 11:28 AM

there’s only one thief in the OWS camp, everyone else is just trying to get their sh!t back.

ted c on October 18, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Like I have always said….a liberal is really a conservative that has yet to be mugged.

csdeven on October 18, 2011 at 11:30 AM

That’s the price if you don’t include any software. Depending on what kind of software you put on the Mac you can easily break $5.5K. I’m not saying that she’s not an idiot for taking it out in that kind of crowd, just saying that she easily have spent that on a the computer.

nerdbert on October 18, 2011 at 11:33 AM

The true meaning is Tax the Rich, give it to me so I can be rich too (but not rich enough to pay taxes) and then stop taxing the rich!

MSGTAS on October 18, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Sorry, that was just begging to be said.

csdeven on October 18, 2011 at 11:33 AM

This is consequence of the post-modern worlview. With such a relativistic approach the only ultimate virtue is self-satisfaction. And whatever virtues they profess to hold dear at any given time can be discarded indiscriminately merely by conceiving of some abstract “higher good” to rationalize whatever self seeking behavior they happen to be pursuing. Under such a worldview there are only two rules: (1) Do as thou wilt; and (2) avoid punishment.

tommyboy on October 18, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Amen to that! If this had occured in 1980, I’d have been right in the middle of things – long hair, misguided self-righteousness, glassy eyes and all. The same young man who used to bitterly whine about “evil” Ronald Reagan is now the mature man who reveres Reagan and thanks God that we had him for the time that we did.
Many, but certainly not all, of these kids will experience their epiphany and come into the light of reason. There’s always hope

mugged on October 18, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Sitting ducks. Couldn’t have happened to a better bunch.

Alana on October 18, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Thieves steal truck with President’s equipment

J_Crater on October 18, 2011 at 10:04 AM

JohnTant on October 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Now,that was funny.
Hasn’t the word hobo gone out of fashion? Your word choice makes the remark all the funnier.

onlineanalyst on October 18, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Looks like these kids are getting a secondary education in The School of Hard Knocks and Falls.

GarandFan on October 18, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Well, those poor thieves must be really confused by this point. They thought they were heading toward Communism and it was EVERYBODY’S laptop. Duh.

UnderstandingisPower on October 18, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Oh the inhumanity. Thieves stealing property from squatters that are stealing the property use rights from the park owner……just like the Tea Party……except the Tea Party had permits, bathrooms, cleaned up after themselves, failed to deficate on police cars, no arrests, no crimes and no media support(even Fox News undercut the 9/12 march by hundreds of thousands, claiming 70K when cameras clearly show 500k-1 million attendees).

dthorny on October 18, 2011 at 11:56 AM

There is nobody in this country who got a Mac on his own. Nobody.

You had a Mac out there? Good for you. But I want to be clear: your Mac came to market on the roads the rest of us paid for; it was made by workers the rest of us paid to educate; you were safe in your ivy league university because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn’t have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at dorm, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did.

Part of the underlying social contract is you pay forward and leave your Mac for the next kid who comes along.

BitterClinger on October 18, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Um, if you have a $5,500 laptop maybe you aren’t part of the 99%.

lorien1973 on October 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM

You weren’t supposed to make that connection.

BobMbx on October 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM

“All it does is make people not wanna come here anymore,”

We can only hope.

labrat on October 18, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Newest demand from OWS:

Computers and software should be free!

F*** Steve Jobs!

BobMbx on October 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Oddly though I don’t condone theft, I am with them in regards to OWS. Theft is the purest form of redistribution. The thief is also cutting out the middle man — the government — as they ply their `trade`.

Dr. Dog on October 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Just LOVE these Greenies and all their gadgets, the production, and disposal of cause more environmental damage than any power plant. In the future we’ll have landfills teeming with old laptops, leeching heavy metals into the soil and ground water.

teacherman on October 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I’ve been thinking of trying this to my (formica) bathroom counter, and if I like it, doing it in the kitchen also:

You might want to give it a look-see to give yourself a little temporary change until you can afford the complete re-do. I’ve heard it really does look and feel like granite.

CJ on October 18, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Ed needs to redistribute that fancy Mac of his.

Seriously though, a little too much bragging for my taste.

Forgot: he did “build” it himself, after all.

Sherman1864 on October 18, 2011 at 12:05 PM

“…if there is one thing in this world I hate, it is an unlocked foot locker…”

I almost feel bad for these brainless kids.

Their parents have done nothing to prepare them for the world. Their teachers have done nothing to prepare them for the world. Their role models are all worthless scum.

The despicable vermin on the left just use them to further their own agenda.

It’s good for Apple though. All the crap they leave lying around to be stolen will be replaced.

reaganaut on October 18, 2011 at 12:06 PM

budfox on October 18, 2011 at 10:56 AM

No need for the qualifier.

Good Lt on October 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM

“I had my Mac stolen — that was like $5,500.”

Doesn’t she mean it was re-distributed?

Blaise on October 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Why would a collectivist complain about theft?

One person’s property is everyone’s property.

Good Lt on October 18, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Or maybe she’s just setting up her insurance claim?

Blaise on October 18, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.

The first place I’d go for legal advice, I’d also like a order of fries with that.

Mason on October 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Update: Is there any such thing as a $5,500 Mac laptop? I built my own MacBook Pro with every option on the laptop itself at the Apple store, and only came up with a price of $3,447. I could also choose 6 or 12 month financing, but that would just put me in debt to the corporations, dude. It looks like Nan’s mommy and daddy bought the Mac and Nan doesn’t have a clue about its value.

Is the hardware the only thing of value on it? I am not sure how digital downloads work for apple products, but maybe it is cost per install?

astonerii on October 18, 2011 at 12:19 PM

By the way, gang: MacBook Pro, 12 core = $4,999 base price. Yes, Virginia, there is a $5,500 iMac laptop. With taxes, toys, and software, there is probably a $7,000 iMac.

Filthy capitalist pigs.

Jaibones on October 18, 2011 at 12:19 PM

“I had my Mac stolen — that was like $5,500.”

Doesn’t she mean it was re-distributed?

Blaise on October 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM

petefrt on October 18, 2011 at 12:22 PM

What a beautiful day…. something about today just felt right and as I read this mornings news, I just couldnt stop smiling.

Koa on October 18, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Not stolen, privately redistributed.

canditaylor68 on October 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

For all of Hot Air’s continued whiny attempts to tell us how unimportant, unrepresentative, and widely unsupported Occupy Wall Street is, practically every other Hot Air post is on … Occupy Wall Street.

Integrity.

bifidis on October 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing

Christien on October 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM

No, she’s simply playing the usual unethical victim role, overstate the loss. If you can afford any Mac book, you’ve got very little to complain about. If you’ve been given a Mac book, you’ve got NOTHING to complain about.

But that’s alright, all you do-nothings stay right there where you are mostly harmless. Win-win, IYKWIMAITYD.

Freelancer on October 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I’m all for giving these people free government sponsored housing. It’s called prison.

jediwebdude on October 18, 2011 at 12:40 PM

bifidis on October 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Give the lap top back.

katy the mean old lady on October 18, 2011 at 12:43 PM

“Property is theft!”

~~ Pierre-Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865) : French anarchist, in What is Property? (1840)

RedPepper on October 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Integrity.

bifidis on October 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

When has Hot Air ever attempted to show how unimportant, unrepresentative, and widely unsupported Occupy Wall Street is? I thought they were telling us exactly the opposite. They are giving us the information on the movement and letting us-the reader dissect it for ourselves.

What is your problem? I for one enjoy this one even when it differs with my own personal thoughts. Reading the concise well thought out posts and thread comments gives me a variety of perspectives where I dont feel like Im locked into an echo chamber. I feel more informed when I leave and able to research subjects better for myself and rationally debate on factual points. Maybe that is just me.

canditaylor68 on October 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM

bifidis on October 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Where else can we get a daily look at circus sideshow freaks without having to buy a ticket? This is the best game in town.

Give the lap top back.
katy the mean old lady on October 18, 2011 at 12:43 PM

hehe..hehehe..heheHA..hahAHAHAHA..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bishop on October 18, 2011 at 12:48 PM

bifidis on October 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

We love it!

The comedy is gold and it exposes the underbelly of the Democratic Party. The Dem Party appeals to Communists, Nazis, Druggies, brainless college students moochers.

More, more, more OWS!!

mankai on October 18, 2011 at 12:48 PM

bifidis on October 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

OWS: World, pay attention to us!!

OWS: Why are you paying so much attention to us?

(See also: John Edwards)

mankai on October 18, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I am curious how are they recharging their electronic gadgets? Whose electricity are they stealing?

karenhasfreedom on October 18, 2011 at 12:53 PM

But I only want the kind of anarchy that lets me do whatever I want and I get to keep my stuff and get stuff from other people to even out what they have vs what I have and doesn’t pollute my water.

Yeah. That kind of anarchy. :-)

philmon on October 18, 2011 at 12:54 PM

When the Silly Gullible Lamb lays down with the Wolf from the Lunatic Fringe… the wolf eats.

RalphyBoy on October 18, 2011 at 12:54 PM

“For they sow the wind And they reap the whirlwind. The standing grain has no heads; It yields no grain. Should it yield, strangers would swallow it up.”
Hosea 8:7

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”
Galations 6:7

“Payback’s a bitch”
RegularJoe

RegularJoe on October 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM

One of the protesters is complaining that someone stole his unicorn during the night…”String up the Unicorn rustlers!”, was the chant.

right2bright on October 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM

karenhasfreedom on October 18, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Two ways, one is that they go home and re-charge it….
The other is that they use generators…which are notorious for giving off uncontrolled exhaust, polluting exhaust.

right2bright on October 18, 2011 at 12:59 PM

The OWS gang all need to see this…
They are in for a rude awakening…

RalphyBoy on October 18, 2011 at 12:59 PM

This is great. It would also be awesome if someone swiped a bunch of their cellphones and then randomly hid them in protester hootches around Zuccotti Park. Then, start calling the numbers, sit back and watch the fun as people start recognizing ring tones and accusations fly.

Christien on October 18, 2011 at 1:00 PM

bifidis on October 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I think what we’re telling you is not that you’re unimportant; just that you’re hilarious! :o)

And yeah, seeing the Dems follow you guys down this road pretty much guarantees an EPIC win for Republicans in 2012, so we’re perhaps a bit giddy! ROTFL!!

RegularJoe on October 18, 2011 at 1:00 PM