Rick Perry’s wife: We’ve been brutalized by our party this month — partly because of his faith

posted at 9:22 pm on October 13, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via David Brody, skip ahead to 8:15 for the key part. The quote via NBC:

“It’s been a rough month. We have been brutalized and beaten up and chewed up in the press to where I need this today,” she said. “We are being brutalized by our opponents, and our own party. So much of that is, I think they look at him, because of his faith. He is the only true conservative – well, there are some conservatives. And they’re there for good reasons. And they may feel like God called them too. But I truly feel like we are here for that purpose.”

She’s a compelling speaker — 15 minutes off the cuff here — but I don’t buy that boldfaced part at all. It may be that some wealthy RINO-y GOP donors are leery of Perry in part because of his faith, but that Bush guy to whom Perry is so often compared was pretty religious too and he managed to do okay with them. And needless to say, it’s not attacks ads bankrolled by fatcats that have stripped 22 points from him over the past two months. He’s been “brutalized” because of his own horrible debate performances, punctuated by the atomic gaffe of accusing his base of being heartless for disagreeing with him on in-state tuition for illegals. And who did those 22 points end up going to? Not to Romney but to Herman Cain — who’s actually an associate minister of a Baptist church in Atlanta.

I’m trying to imagine Mitt Romney, who faces a genuine liability in the general election (less so in the primary) because of his faith, watching this video and trying to fathom how being too Christian might impede a candidate’s path to the Republican nomination.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Twerp -

Off topic. We have a small grocery chain in southeast Michigan called Busch’s. They are known for customer service and probably have 20% more people than other stores. You can’t go there without at least one employee asking if he/she can help you. If you ask where something is, the employee drops what they are doing and personally takes you there. When you get to the check-out, the bagger even helps unload your shopping cart.

To make a long story short, I wrote a very complimentary e-mail about how much I enjoyed shopping there and how wonderful the employees are.

I got an email back with the same Disneyesque crap you spew, referring to me as a “guest.” I replied back that I am a customer, not a guest (unless they want to give me the groceries every week). I said I was an extremely well treated and happy customer, but considered being called a guest (when I am not one) demeaning.

Thought you might be interested.

bw222 on October 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Had more than enough of the “I’m a Texan hero” crap.

Texas is killing the USA with its open immigration ways.

rightwingyahooo on October 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM

And, we are killing the nation with our Tex-Mex and Whataburgers! Murder, I tell you. Murder.
You are right. I cannot defend such a great state. Just cannot do it.

HornetSting on October 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM

You forgot Chik-Fil-A.
The busiest one in the nation is on Slide Rd in Lubbock.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 13, 2011 at 11:48 PM

No. That’s a Georgia chain and it’s all those Techies mucking up the numbers.
You could lose your scorpion score if you say something like that again, ALT.

HornetSting on October 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Perry supporter spotted. Just look for the posters that sound like liberal Nancy Pelosi while talking about The Word.

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM
That one’s got it bad. Wait till it starts on the evils of 9-9-9!

Knucklehead on October 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

You people just want to let 9-9-9 die on the floor. ON THE FLOOR!!! Or something. — Nancy

RachDubya on October 13, 2011 at 11:52 PM

bw222 on October 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I was just trying to be polite when I said that.
I get a ton of compliments-so I must be doing something right.
I bring comic relief to Wal-mart I guess. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on October 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM

His wife actually said that !!?? Perry doesn’t need any enemies. His own wife just strangled him.

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on October 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM

And kicked him in the nutz for good measure.

Knucklehead on October 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM

RachDubya on October 13, 2011 at 11:52 PM

You got me laughing there.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM

In all seriousness, do you know where the majority of illegals that are fleeing Alabama and Arizona are going to end up?

Texas and California.

bw222 on October 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Had more than enough of the “I’m a Texan hero” crap.

Texas is killing the USA with its open immigration ways.

rightwingyahooo on October 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM

You want to really blame someone, blame Washington…all the orders come from DC to the guys and gals on the border tonight, protecting you from invaders even though their bosses don’t really support their mission.
Blame Kalifornia as well. And, Arizona, New Mexico as well. And, blame the libtards and rinos that believe that proximity to the border gives you free reign to subvert our laws.
And, as for the Texan hero crap. Jealousy is a painful thing.

HornetSting on October 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Had more than enough of the “I’m a Texan hero” crap.

Texas is killing the USA with its open immigration ways.

rightwingyahooo on October 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM

I get it. You’re upset about the squishes in Texas that think that because they’re from TX they’re hot stuff – THE conservative to be. Hey, a lot of “red” states have this attitude. But as has been pointed out, TX is only part of the problem. TX could be relatively unfriendly to illegals and they’ll still cross the border if say MA is offering sanctuary. What TX needs to do is start adopting laws similar to those of AZ.

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Well, one thing we know is that Christians have forgiven Gov. Perry for the Gardasil issue, because he apologized about it. Christians are commanded to and to hold that against him and bring it up constantly would be UnChristian.

bluefox on October 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I could be wrong here, but I don’t think Christ ever commanded anyone to “just drop it already”. Forgive, yeah. Never again mentioning, though? Not even being snarky, but is that actually mandated for Being a Good Christian?

RachDubya on October 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM

And the fact remains that he has never apologized for it. He refused to apologize, even in the debates. He has said he would still try to impose his will on citizens, but just in some different way. But so far, no apology to the parents and children for what he tried to get away with against them.

whatcat on October 13, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Maybe you should explain why some kid who’s possibly lived in Texas his whole life, graduated Texas high school with all the other kids, whose family has been paying Texas higher-ed funding consumption taxes for years should be denied the opportunity to pay a reasonable price to learn how to rebuild an engine at a community college while on a path to permanent residency?

capitalist piglet

You mean other than the fact that they aren’t entitled to it?

xblade on October 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM

No. That’s a Georgia chain and it’s all those Techies mucking up the numbers.
You could lose your scorpion score if you say something like that again, ALT.

HornetSting on October 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM

I coulda sworn it was a Tennessee chain … but you’re right ;)

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM

And, as for the Texan hero crap. Jealousy is a painful thing.

HornetSting on October 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM

God is good-
God is great.
For the LONE STAR STATE!
Ot:I’m getting my first(okay ONLY) tattoo in Tuesday-in honor of my upcoming birthday.
It’s gonna be red/white/blue and say ‘Texas Jewgirl’.
Really.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 13, 2011 at 11:58 PM

RachDubya on October 13, 2011 at 11:52 PM

We’re all liberals now!

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I coulda sworn it was a Tennessee chain … but you’re right ;)

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I’ve only been into Whataburger once-and it was to buy a pop.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Because his family isn’t here legally, and if they have papers that enable them to work above board they have committed identity fraud, a crime for which you or I would be locked away for – yet we must make exception for. Oh, and we should also give their kid benefits even though the entire purpose for his mother and father dropping anchor in this country was to gain benefits.

Your entire analysis is far sunnier than the truth. While this child’s parents would be paying consumption taxes, because of our nation’s loose welfare state they are likely cashing in on their child’s American citizenship and they are net drains on Texas’ system.

There need to be consequences for violating the laws of the United States of America. If the kid is upset he doesn’t get the in-state discount, he should go back home to his parents and blame them. They are the ones who put him in this situation by breaking the laws of the United States of America.

But we don’t punish children for the sins of the father, you might say? Their parents came to this country to drop anchor precisely because of this feel-good mindset. They intentionally had their child over the border to take advantage of American hospitality and fairmindedness. This scamming of the system, in other words, is not a fluke. If illegals learn that their children will not be getting them any benefits, including in-state tuition, they may not entirely stop violating our laws, but the practice will be reduced.

How does that hurt you, really? Tell me, what skin is it off your nose if that kid wants to pay to have a chance at life? What difference does it make to you if TEXAS decides they’d rather help that kid learn a skill that have him wandering in the street?

THAT’S what he means.

capitalist piglet on October 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

As illustrated above, caving on giving benefits to the child of an illegal alien enables their parents to keep doing the same thing. Rick Perry is insensitive not only to all the Americans who have abided by our laws, but especially insensitive to legal immigrants, who should be offered this opportunity before any discussion of anything for illegal aliens takes place. If the kid whose parents immigrated here legally from El Salvador can’t get the in-state tuition rate, the kid whose parents immigrated here illegally from El Salvador should not have it either.

BKennedy on October 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Texas and California.

bw222 on October 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Probably, because Texas has the jobs and Kalifornia has the sanctuary and all the freebies.
Every time I go back to Texas, I am mortified by the illegal aliens that are allowed sanctuary in so many cities. This is a local problem, with a limp governor that won’t lead to enforce the law like Janet Brewer, and the voters are left footing the bill for their politician’s lack of backbone to enforce the law.
I can tell you, if Texas started losing jobs, the will to remove the leeches would be more likely..but, while times are good, the calf will be fatted on the backs of the tax payers.

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM

It’s gonna be red/white/blue and say ‘Texas Jewgirl’.
Really.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 13, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Ironic?

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I coulda sworn it was a Tennessee chain … but you’re right ;)

MeatHeadinCA on October 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I’ve only been into Whataburger once-and it was to buy a pop.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Whataburger started in Corpus Christi, Texas. ALT, I have friends in Massachusetts that would give their right arms to get a Whataburger…if you are not into meat, go for the whatachicken. Very good food!

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I’ve only been into Whataburger once-and it was to buy a pop.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Ahem, soda … though, I don’t know if that’s how the Texans say it.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Twerp -

The first time I went to Disney World and an employee referred to me as a “guest” I replied “I am paying $600 a day to be your guest?” She just blushed and said, “That’s what they tell us to say.”

Seriously, Busch’s is unbelievable. They even give you a fob that they scan at checkout and sent an email every week telling you which items you normally buy are on sale.

bw222 on October 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:03 AM

There’s a Whataburger right across the main drag from my Wal-mart.
I might go there during my lunch hour on Saturday.
*Off tomorrow because of my concert*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I’ve only been into Whataburger once-and it was to buy a pop.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Ahem, soda … though, I don’t know if that’s how the Texans say it.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:05 AM

soda or coke, no matter what kind you are having. Pop, no.

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Ironic?

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:03 AM

If Chicago-born Texas-raised Richard Friedman can be a Texas Jewboy, then Iowa-born Chicago-raised Barb the Twerp now living in Texas can be a Texas Jewgirl.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM

soda or coke, no matter what kind you are having. Pop, no.

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Yeah, I’ve heard this “coke” thing is a Southern thing. So let me get this straight. How do you distinguish between a Coke or another soda beverage? I find it a little confusing but charming at the same time.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Just remember that by 2020 Hispanics are projected to be the majority in Texas. When they combine with the blacks and the Austin liberals, Texas will be a blue state. It will be too late to remove the leaches then because the leaches will control the state.

bw222 on October 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM

The religious bigot that I am…

… I thought there was a problem with Jews having tats.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM

soda or coke, no matter what kind you are having. Pop, no.

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM

‘Coke’ is a brand. ‘Soda’ is soda water, ice cream, and flavoring…and the 32 oz Diet Dr. Pepper that I pick-up at the Mickey D’s a 1/2 block away…is POP.
Also…it’s ‘Awright’-not ‘Alright’.
*ducks*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Pop is a Midwest term. In Michigan a soda is a pop too.

bw222 on October 14, 2011 at 12:12 AM

bw222 on October 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Then I guess it’s time to get tough on illegals … that should weed out the lefties.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM

soda or coke, no matter what kind you are having. Pop, no.

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

There’s actually a site that tracks the soda, coke, pop names by regional usage -

I’m in ‘pop” land, it’s always been pop around these parts.

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM

It’s supposedly against Christianity too-but I know plenty of good Christian broads that have tattoos. In Lubbock-having a tat’ is almost a requirement.
EVERYONE seems to sport one.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Also…it’s ‘Awright’-not ‘Alright’.
*ducks*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:12 AM

And Pop is what you do to your collar.

Pop just sounds … well, it makes me cringe whenever I hear it.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

And, just since you want to ZOMGosh THIS IS TEH FUL CEREAL by bringing up consumption tax, you may want to consider what that does to your argument about whether their parents have earned that kid, that illegal kid, to pay a lesser sum for college. If their family isn’t paying anything other than consumption taxes, they’re probably living off the taxpayer dime in every other aspect as well. Because people who don’t pay income taxes or property taxes aren’t exactly the All-Americans that you’re trying to convince us of.

Or maybe I’m heartless.

RachDubya on October 13, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Show me one Texan that pays state income tax. Show me one person living in Texas that doesn’t pay property tax.

If you can’t do either of the above then your assumptions are flat out wrong. What CP stated is true, illegals living and working in Texas have fully and equally paid into Texas’ coffers as their native/green card neighbors.

Likewise, unless they’re working under the table for cash, they have also remitted payroll and income taxes to the IRS, whether or not it’s under their true identities is moot. Those are the facts that have to be acknowledged and factored into the discussion about what to do with them.

In the case of Texas, it may well have been flying under the radar, what with a super majority legislature passing the in-state tuition. My hope is that having Perry in this race will stir Texans reconsider what their reps have done and agitate to overturn it, while at the same time enact a law similar to OK(we were the first in 2007) or Alabama / Georgia. I think rules conducive to self-deportation are the best solution barring the feds getting serious about their constitutional duty to protect states from foreign and domestic invasions.

AH_C on October 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

EVERYONE seems to sport one.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Don’t look at me. I’m not tatting up my beautiful skin.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I’m in ‘pop” land, it’s always been pop around these parts.

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

After living in TX 6 months I’m surprised that I’m not starting to sound more ‘native’.
You can take the girl out of Chicago-but you can’t take Chicago out of the girl. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM

It’s gonna be red/white/blue and say ‘Texas Jewgirl’.
Really.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 13, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I can’t be the only one who sees the irony in getting a tattoo to proclaim your Judaism.

RachDubya on October 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Hmmmm……Excuse me!

Knucklehead on October 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

AH_C on October 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

What Perry is doing, though, is giving an unfair unjust advantage to students of illegal status.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I was at an ice cream place that’s across the street from Tech-the Arrogant Texan-and the guy at the counter told me that the ‘pop machine’ was right behind me.
Turns out-he was from central Michigan.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM

I’m in ‘pop” land, it’s always been pop around these parts.
whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Yeah, north of Mason-Dixon it’s mostly “pop”. I’m trying to figure how in the south, when they ask someone “do you want a Coke” – just how do they know which pop to give to the person (or is Coke the only pop available down thataway?). Here Coke is Coke, 7UP is 7UP, Dr.Pepper is Dr.Pepper – all under the generic “pop” column.

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM

RachDubya on October 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I was going to go skydiving for my 40th birthday-but that didn’t pan out.
For my 41st birthday I’ve decided to get a tat’-and my 67 year old mother is jealous as all get-out.
“Hi! My name’s Barb…and I’m going through a mid-life crisis’. LoL

Maybe It’ll say ‘Texas Twerp’ instead.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:23 AM

AH_C on October 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

CapPig’s argument was that their parents have been buying products in Texas for a long time, and that justifies them for lower tuition. What exactly about my response being in regard to that is ambiguous? And yes, there are a great many people in Texas who don’t pay property taxes directly. If they pay rent to someone who in turn pays taxes, that’s not the same asthem paying the taxes for their own property. If they’re not paying taxes on their income, they’re not legally employed. Points to the “gotcha” on my saying income tax and not taxes on their income.

And if you’d like to play semantics some more, explain what part of they are not legally authorized to be here is open to interpretation. That’s like saying “You can’t deny me the right to sleep with your wife. Sure I came to your house uninvited, and you can call that tresspassing, but I’m here man. So let me sleep with your wife, too, because it’s what I want.”

RachDubya on October 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

They’re CONSUMPTION taxes. TEXAS SCHOOLS ARE FUNDED BY CONSUMPTION TAXES.

capitalist piglet on October 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Whoa there. . .back up the truck, that’s a whopper.

Texas schools are funded in part by consumption taxes, but they also have franchise fees, land grants, PSF’s, federal funds, direct appropriations, property taxes and “interest and sinking fund” taxes levied when a district goes into debt.

Not to mention the annual “Exceptional Items Request” to the Legislature when funds are available that pays for SSI, Additonal Textbooks, Guaranteed Yield, Equalized Debt, Facilities, and more.

Texas schools have a variety of funding streams of which consumption taxes are only a part.

Jason Coleman on October 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I was going to go skydiving for my 40th birthday-but that didn’t pan out.
“Hi! My name’s Barb…and I’m going through a mid-life crisis’. LoL

Maybe It’ll say ‘Texas Twerp’ instead.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Why don’t you and your mom get matching tattoos. Maybe some hearts on the wrists and when you put them together you have your two initials displayed. I don’t know. Be creative as a mother-daughter team. This is a memory that will be with you for the rest of your life.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM

For fun I’ll occasionally really lay-into my Chicago accent when I’m at work. …with my co-workers.
The looks I get are priceless.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM

And just to spare you the time, by “taxes on their income” I mean all the taxes automatically withdrawn from your check. ;)

RachDubya on October 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM

AH_C on October 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I think Texas is beyond the tipping point. Over 50% of the state’s k-12 public school students are Hispanic (many illegals or anchor babies). Hispanics will be the majority by 2020.

If you read this report by the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank, it does not paint a rosy picture for Texas future:

Illegal (cheap) labor has been an important part of Texas financial success. Unfortunately, they have sacrificed their children’s future for the state’s current economic success.

bw222 on October 14, 2011 at 12:27 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Ma is on cumadin-a blood thinner-so she can’t get a tattoo.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:27 AM

RachDubya on October 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

What I want to know is how much one has to buy in order to “pay for” that subsidized education.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Ma is on cumadin-a blood thinner-so she can’t get a tattoo.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:27 AM

What about Temporary tattoos that you apply every time you see eachother.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:29 AM

RachDubya on October 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I agree – the term “illegal” isn’t without meaning. I found this item to be likewise out of touch:

AH_C on October 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

For the identity theft victims it’s hardly “moot”.

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:31 AM

What about Temporary tattoos that you apply every time you see eachother.

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:29 AM

My mother is a not very cuddly ,smart azz like me.
We relate to each other a bit differently than most mother/daughters.
If I was to suggest something like that shed ask me what terminal illness I had and why wasn’t she told.
*grins*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:34 AM

BKennedy on October 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM

need to get it straight. ANY American or legal alien can get in-state tuition as long as they have been a resident for one year. ANY illegal can get in-state tuition as long as they have been a resident for over three years AND must have graduated from a Texas high school. Why high school? Because it was mandated by the courts the illegal children MUST be educated by the state they reside in. In Texas’ case they reasoned that if they have to provide primary education, might as well allow them in-state tuition and reap their economic input down the road. Remember that when Dubya went to DC, on his agenda was a comprehensive plan (amnesty) for the illegals. Texas didn’t just up out of the blue decide to implement this in 2001, the idea had been percolating and incubating for at least a decade prior, most of which was under a certain woman governor AND Dubya himself.

Anyhoo, I believe Perry when he says the first thing to do is secure the border. And I hope the governor who replaces him will sign a bill causing the illegals to self-deport.

AH_C on October 14, 2011 at 12:34 AM

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM

The looks I get are priceless.
annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM

It’s only the east coast Yankees who have the accents. Northern folks from the midwest & industrial areas really don’t have much of an accent if any, it’s flat – i.e., normal. :)

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:37 AM

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM

bw222 on October 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Oh, don’t get me wrong…I say, sound the alarm. My parents live in a sanctuary city, in a neighborhood filled with illegals, with a neighbor that has a kid a year, and yes, she gets welfare for those little anchor babies…they accidently got their mail….her husband is in jail in El Paso and she’s driving around in an Escalade. Times this by a million around the state.
People that don’t believe immigration is a problem nationwide have their eyes closed, but as one American of Mexican descent here, hispanics are not all happy about it. Most that got here legally HATE illegals.
But yes, Texas is drowning and having a wet end like Perry doesn’t help matters at all.

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:37 AM
My husband has a VERY thick Chi-accent.
With him it’s all ‘youse’ and ‘tree’-instead of ‘three’, and ‘over dere’. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM

soda or coke, no matter what kind you are having. Pop, no.

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Also…it’s ‘Awright’-not ‘Alright’.
*ducks*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Well, there are a bunch of interlopers moving to Texas because it’s the best state in the nation, so they are probably used to this kind of crap from you foreigners. :)

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM

soda or coke, no matter what kind you are having. Pop, no.

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

They ask what kind…if you say coke…but, to make it snappy, you designate yourself…but, if someone asks what you had for lunch, it was a whataburger, fries, and a coke…even if you had a Big Red, which is a WHOLE other matter….

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:45 AM

AH_C on October 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM

So not only are you going to excuse them for being here illegally.

You’re condoning identity theft and the horrible consequences for the victims of said theft???? WTF!

Is it moot when the victim applies for a loan finds out their credit is trashed and IRS shows up at their door looking for the payroll taxes they didn’t pay on earnings from jobs they never actually had???? The IRS doesn’t care, they simply say “Pay Me” and file for an adjustment later. Or worse, they just levy your bank account directly and send you a letter telling you to file for an adjustment if you think their cleaning out your bank account for 5 years of unpaid taxes is in error (Hello to years worth of work fighting the IRS!).

You may think that illegals pay payroll taxes, but as a general rule they know that in order to minimize deductions they claim 4 or 5 or more allowances on their fraudulent W-4′s.

Like hell they have, as I have shown above, but riddle me this. . .

What justification do you use for granting them the use of PSF’s and land grants to schools? That’s your parents and grandparents money they are claiming for themselves. Their parents and grandparents didn’t pay into it and provide for the land grants and PSF’s.

Jason Coleman on October 14, 2011 at 12:45 AM

For the identity theft victims it’s hardly “moot”.

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Indeed. And when there isn’t even a false identity involved and they’re being paid straight cash and it’s not even recorded that employment ever took place, those taxes don’t happen on the employer’s end, either. E.g. babysitters.

RachDubya on October 14, 2011 at 12:45 AM

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:37 AM

My husband has a VERY thick Chi-accent.
With him it’s all ‘youse’ and ‘tree’-instead of ‘three’, and ‘over dere’. LoL
annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Sounds more like Brooklyn to me. Though “dere” is common midwestern, mostly from Scandinavian immigration, like “dats” or “dem”.

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM

HornetSting on October 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM

The week after we got to Lubbock one of the baristas at the Starbucks I now live in, informed me that Lubbockites didn’t like Chicagoans.
Good thing I’m a Texan with a Chicago accent. *wink*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:53 AM

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM
It’s pure Chicago.
My husband sounds like former Mayor Daley-except that you can actually understand’ my husband.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Speaking of Chicago…the streets mentioned in this little clip are…Chicago Ave, Lake Shore Drive,Broadway/Montrose, Sheridan Rd,Cicero Ave, Cermak Rd, O’Hare Field, MLK Dr. West Madison, Clark/Diversey, Pulaski Rd, Lincoln Ave., 71st/Jeffery, Meigs Field.
Just listen.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Just listen.
annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

lol, but I’ve never noticed anything too different accent wise from Chicagoans. My ear is most used to the Midwestern “ya” Fargo-ish accent.

whatcat on October 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Waitress: “What can I get you to drink?”
Patron: “I’ll have a coke.”
Waitress: “Sure, what kind?”
Patron: “A Dr Pepper.”
Waitress: “Alright, coming right up!”

(the above transaction happens without a blink all the time)

anuts on October 14, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Can’t copy/paste multiple comments too well with this android, but to respond to those that commented above:
1) yes, I totally agree that illegals are a serious problem, starting with the fact that they are here illegally. I condemn churches that insist that we must forgive, show compassion, blah, blah, blah. Christians are also commanded to obey the laws, since govt is ordained by God to execute justice. The illegals committed the first sin by coming here. To make it right, they need to go home and if possible, come back thru the front door. I know 1st hand what a hassle it is to get a green card and the thousands of $$ it took to get my wife a green card. I detest the thot that millions could get a free pass, simply by sneaking in and anchoring themselves. It goes without saying that stealing identities should count as a felony.
2) Way back after Reagan’s amnesty, shortly thereafter, I read an interview of a community pillar and newly retired Democrat judge in Tyler that basically thot the amnesty was no big deal. By his reckoning, within 50 years, Texas would be totally “brown”. That interview stuck with me over the years as I alternated my views on various points; mainly along the lines of so what if we had open borders? Only thing I was always firm about is the melting pot assimilation — English first, no welfare or freebies until after 7 years etc, but also that we need to know about each one coming in. I even entertained thots of us picking up an additional 10 states since their own govt was a pathetic basket case. But that was before 9/11.

3) to hunt and deport every illegal would be a waste of time and money. But I do support laws like what OK implemented in 2007 and followed by AZ, AL & GA. Make it so that they deport themselves and take their anchor babies with them.

4) All I’m saying is Texas is doing what it thinks best considering that the courts and the feds have given conflicting, and often pro-illegal signals and mandates (ie, having to give primary education to the kids) and finding new rights to give the illegals. This has to change or we’ll wind up like Mexico — a corrupt cesspool. All we have to do is look at sanctuary cities to see that by following the rules of man/emotions, instead of rule of law, what we once held in esteem is devalued until we’re no better off than they are. In it’s own way it’s a case of class envy. They look across the river and see a shining city and they determine that they’ll come across and help themselves to our bounty by any means necessary. La Raza may think that by annexing the southwest, they’ll reap the fruits of what was created by law abiding citizens while lifting their people out of despair and poverty. But in reality if they got their wish, they’d end up as extended states of Mexico. Where will they run to next then? I say no way and they must be resisted, starting with a secure border and a commitment to enforcing the laws on the books.

That said, I hope Perry gets his mojo on, because I agree with him about 80-85% on the issues that needs to be addressed. I used to rate Mittness about 60%, but after recent relevations about coordinating ObamneyCare and lying about not raising taxes on MA for RomneyCare (taxes raised from all 50 States), 30% is all I can give him. No thanks. If Mittness is on the ticket, I’m voting for the 3rd party or doing a write-in for POTUS and voting down-ticket for conservatives.

AH_C on October 14, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Disclaimer – just saw the headline, have read none of the comments.

As the spouse of a high achiever, I can say that I often find the best policy to be “STFU”. I bite my tongue often. Not sure this was an option for Ms Perry, but….

peski on October 14, 2011 at 1:51 AM

anuts on October 14, 2011 at 1:38 AM

It’s POP, dammit! LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Perry’s biggest problem isn’t even his poor-to-lackluster debate performances: it was the wildly extravagant way his candidacy was over-hyped before he entered the race. Expectations were built up for him that Ronald Reagan might have met, but only barely.

The reality is that Perry is a strong conservative but not a down-the-line-check-all-the-boxes conservative (neither was Reagan, for that matter). He has been a very effective Governor in a state with a relatively weak executive branch, and his views on most issues haven’t changed from his first campaign.

He would be a very formidable candidate if he had just run. But some PR genius figured the buildup would give him a leg up to make up for his late start. It accomplished that much, but only by raising people’s hopes too high.

Adjoran on October 14, 2011 at 1:55 AM

It’s POP, dammit! LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on October 14, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Let it go, kid. It’s no good for you. It’s the stuff that polluted the Great Lakes region.

In 1956, every teen in the country liked soda pop. Then they grew up and get their sugar as God intended, through alcohol.

There’s a reason they call it the Rust Belt, ya know. Don’t worry about the accent, that comes in time. But work on those idioms.

Bless your heart, you’re trying.

Adjoran on October 14, 2011 at 1:59 AM

The VICTIM card NEVER looks good for a conservative…good thing you’re not one.

HornetSting on October 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM

If by that you mean I’m not a knuckledragging Freeper Lite wingnut, you got me. I tend closer to right of center.

It’s pretty much Internet 101 that if you claim you’re done with a debate, you have to stop replying for at least an hour to give the impression that you really did leave.

As for you, grow up. If you think I have nothing better to do than try to convince people on HotAir to have some decency, you would be mistaken. I hung around as long as I could to answer as many posts directed to me as I had time for.

And by the way, it would behoove you to educate yourself about the Texas in-state tuition law. You can start with this piece from The Weekly Standard.

I dare you.

capitalist piglet on October 14, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Whoa there. . .back up the truck, that’s a whopper.

Jason Coleman on October 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

A whopper, you say? Tell it to The Weekly Standard: “Texas schools are funded largely by the state sales tax, which everyone​—​both legal and illegal residents​—​pays.”

Do you really think I would say something like that if I didn’t have a credible source?

On top of that, the kid pays tuition. On top of that, the vast majority of the kids are going to community colleges, not the more expensive schools.

Texas public schools K-12 are undoubtedly a different story, but those aren’t the schools we’re talking about. And in those schools, children of illegals are enrolled because of Plyler v. Doe.

Don’t imply I’m lying ever again. Thank you.

capitalist piglet on October 14, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Thank you, AH_C. I appreciate this and I will remember it.

capitalist piglet on October 14, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Don’t imply I’m lying ever again. Thank you.

capitalist piglet on October 14, 2011 at 2:34 AM

OH. . . I will, I most DEFINITELY will now.

I notice in your little retort, you forgot to include your WHOPPER, which now I will rephrase as a WHOPPER OF A LIE.

Here’s what you said.

They’re CONSUMPTION taxes. TEXAS SCHOOLS ARE FUNDED BY CONSUMPTION TAXES.

capitalist piglet on October 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

See that bolded part there. That’s a quite different statement from:

“FUNDED” in your all caps shouting and or emphasis, is far different from “largely funded”.

The paragraph right after the one you took a quote from and then substantially changed the meaning of states this:

Another reason was Texas’s Permanent University Fund, which National Review’s Kevin Williamson charmingly explains: “Early in the 20th century, the state of Texas gave the universities a whole bunch of land, which turned out to have a whole bunch of oil on it, and West Texas is full of wells bobbing up and down and pumping grade-A education out of the ground.” In other words, tuition at most Texas schools is used more to control enrollment than to raise funds.

The PSF (and/or PUF if you want to get technical and separate the two) is money that comes from Texan’s land, not illegal alien land, and the PUF money is significant, the fund’s money pays for alot of the hardware of the schools, buildings, capital equipment etc etc.

Sales taxes pay for mostly software, salaries, programs, materials, publications, the day to day of the school.

Texas Universities also receive federal funding, and alot of it.

Yes, it is true that most of the yearly operating expenses provided by the state of Texas come from consumption taxes, but most of the cost of the actual schools themselves can be traced to the land-grants and the funding from the Permanent University Fund.

Yes, a lot money that the State of Texas provides to colleges and universities comes from consumption taxes, but NO WHERE NEAR ALL of it does. Zero percent of the Federal funds from sources like the HEA (Higher Education Act) comes from consumption taxes. There are plenty of other federal funding sources beside the HEA, so if you want to play this game, pick a school and let’s play. Zero percent of the monies from the schools foundation and private grants come from consumption taxes.

The definitive absolute statement:

“TEXAS SCHOOLS ARE FUNDED BY CONSUMPTION TAXES”

is indeed a whopper. When you double down on it like you did, it becomes a WHOPPER OF A LIE.

IF you came prepared to back it up. . . . you did a piss-poor job of preparing. Thank you.

Jason Coleman on October 14, 2011 at 3:48 AM

Ok, there’s just something creepy about an aggressive wife who wants to be first lady so badly, she pushes her reluctant husband in front of a high-speed train to acheive her ambition.

stenwin77 on October 14, 2011 at 6:53 AM

No it’s not creepy, Michelle and Hillary are creepy. She wants what is best for her country and thinks her husband is the best man for the job, and he’s running for the same reason. She was defending her husband (and yes, probably making excuses for him) because she loves him. That’s what a lot of normal women do. She probably isn’t as flawlessly objective about him as HotAir posters, ya think? Good grief.

kg598301 on October 14, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Jason Coleman on October 14, 2011 at 3:48 AM

You’re splitting hairs and grasping at straws if you think you can call CP a “liar” imply because CP said “funded” and the article said “largely funded”. Sheesh.

kg598301 on October 14, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Yep.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on October 14, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Waahh! Where was the concern when the Palin’s were/still being brutalized?

ChuckTX on October 13, 2011 at 9:30 PM

How do you know they weren’t concerned?

capitalist piglet on October 13, 2011 at 9:37 PM

A good clue would be because Palin’s good friend, Rick Perry, didn’t come
out and defend her; especially when Palin was accused of inciting
mass murder in Tucson.

Amjean on October 14, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Interesting report on Texas Border Security by retired Gen’s Barry McCaffrey and Robert Scales. Some excerpts;

During the past two years the state of Texas has become increasingly threatened by the spread of Mexican cartel organized crime. The threat reflects a change in the strategic intent of the cartels to move their operations into the United States. In effect, the cartels seek to create a “sanitary zone” inside the Texas border — one county deep — that will provide sanctuary from Mexican law enforcement and, at the same time, enable the cartels to transform Texas’ border counties into narcotics transshipment points for continued transport and distribution into the continental United States. To achieve their objectives the cartels are relying increasingly on organized gangs to provide expendable and unaccountable manpower to do their dirty work. These gangs are recruited on the streets of Texas cities and inside Texas prisons by top-tier gangs who work in conjunction with the cartels.

History has shown that a common border offers an enemy sanctuary zone and the opportunity to expand his battlespace in depth and complexity. Our border with Mexico is no exception. Criminality spawned in Mexico is spilling over into the United States. Texas is the tactical close combat zone and frontline in this conflict. Texans have been assaulted by cross-border gangs and narco-terrorist activities. In response, Texas has been the most aggressive and creative in confronting the threat of what has come to be a narco-terrorist military-style campaign being waged against them.

Fear and anxiety levels among Texas farmers and ranchers have grown enormously during the past two years. Farmers, ranchers and other citizens in border communities are caught in the crossfire of escalating cross-border violence resulting in large part from conflicts between cartels, paramilitary enforcement groups and transnational gangs struggling for control of key drug and illegal alien smuggling routes into the U.S. from El Paso to Brownsville. Some Texas farmers and ranchers have even abandoned their livelihoods to move their families to safer ground.

Living and conducting business in a Texas border county is tantamount to living in a war zone in which civil authorities, law enforcement agencies as well as citizens are under attack around the clock. The Rio Grande River offers little solace to the echoes of gunshots and explosions. News of shootings, murders, kidnappings, beheadings, mass graves and other acts of violence coming across the border go far beyond any definition of “spillover violence.”

Beginning in 2006, Texas began a series of high-intensity, sequential, short-duration operations that resulted in crime reductions ranging from 25 percent to as high as 75 percent as smuggling operations decreased. Later, the state expanded and lengthened these operations by increasing the patrol presence along the Texas-Mexico border. Governor Perry was able to achieve this expansion of effort by leveraging various discretionary grants to increase local and state patrol capacity along the border through overtime payments and the purchase of communications and surveillance equipment as well as new vehicles and weapons. The governor also committed Texas military forces to support these operations.

To gain support from the citizenry, in 2007 the Texas Legislature created the Border Security Council (BSC) charged with advising the governor regarding the allocation of discretionary state homeland security funds. The BSC held a series of public hearings and received testimony from business owners, law enforcement officers, local elected officials and private citizens and then produced a comprehensive report and recommendations on border security issues for the governor and Texas Legislature.

The state of Texas organized for combat in a manner familiar to the military by creating six Unified Commands (UCs) each staffed with a Joint Operations and Intelligence Center (JOICs) located principally within Texas cities most threatened by cartel violence. This Texas effort, led by the Texas Rangers, is dependent on a cooperative relationship based not on command authority, but on a shared relationship, trust and commitment to work together.

This cooperative group of players is represented by federal, state, local and military components. The heart and operational engine of the Texas border security effort is located in Austin within the Border Security Operations Center (BSOC). All unified command and joint players intersect in a single facility administered by the Texas Ranger Division of the DPS. The BSOC collects and shares information from all state, local and federal agencies.

The first principle of Texas border security operations is to empower local law enforcement. Soldiers often say that bad strategies cannot be salvaged by good tactics— but bad tactics can defeat a good strategy. This saying simply reinforces the truism that no national strategy that seeks to defeat narco-terrorism can be adequately confronted unless tactical units, such as local police and federal border security stations, are properly staffed, resourced, competent and well-led.

The Texas Rangers lead a cooperative program that brings together a ground, air and marine assault capability. Ranger Reconnaissance Teams are the tactical combat elements in the war against narco-terrorists. Each participating federal, state and local agency voluntarily adds its unique capabilities to the teams. The Texas Highway Patrol acts as an outer perimeter for the Rangers by funneling traffic toward Ranger border positions. Tactical contact teams, deploying along the Rio Grande in small, concealed positions, are able to respond immediately to intelligence from Autonomous Surveillance Platform (ASP) units, DPS and National Guard surveillance helicopters, as well as calls to UCs from local police or citizens. DPS Dive Teams conduct SONAR scans of the Rio Grande and assist in recovery of vehicles and contraband in splashdown areas.

Resources remain the greatest impediment to the expansion and continued success of the Rangers’ border war against the cartels. Budget cuts for DHS, its Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the United States Coast Guard USCG) have severely constrained the ability of Texas to rely on its federal partners and their resources to expand border operations.

SoonerMarine on October 14, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Eh, well, by that time Texas will have actually officially seceded and joined Mexico. They, for one, will continue to welcome their new overlords.

whatcat on October 13, 2011 at 11:48 PM

The same position Perry has taken on illegal immigration is the same position whoever the republican nominee will adopt in the general election. If it’s Mitt, he will somersault into a flip flop to get the largest minority vote in this country- Hispanics. I am sure Team Obama won’t point it out when he does, because it wouldn’t be nice to point out that what Mitt Romney attacked Rick Perry for in the primaries he adopts himself to get the Hispanic vote in the General.

It would help if people kept their eye on the prize, but many are too busy taking personal affront at a comment that wasn’t meant to be taken personal. Perry apologized, an apology isn’t good enough? “Heartless” hit a nerve, I wonder why?

My own opinion is that conservatives are probably more generous socially than liberals . They actively give to charities and volunteer. On the other hand, liberals want the government to spend everyone’s money on their favorite charities – tribal finger sign classes??? They don’t want to have to personally donate their own time or money, unless it’s in a park in NYC, and it involves nude body painting, rolling joints, and hooking up with metal face studded, tuition debt ridden co eds.

So yeah I can see why people are pissed about the “heartless” comment, who does Perry think is carrying the load for all the people out of work right now including the illegals living in this country? The same people he claims to represent.

I also understand why he’s not going to alienate the Hispanic vote which the Republicans need back to win in 2012.

Dr Evil on October 14, 2011 at 9:44 AM

It is Rick Perry who has been judgemental. Calling those of us who still believe in the concept of sovereign border, “heartless”. Perry = very legalistic and judgemental. Then when he gets called out on it his wife has to defend him. Rick, defend yourself!! DD

Darvin Dowdy on October 14, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Aslans Girl on October 14, 2011 at 7:58 AM

I was content to just call him wrong and point out that his big declarative statement was a show stopping whopper that needed to be corrected.

It’s when he doubled down and got indignant about his mistake that I elevated his initial big mistake to the level of willful deception.

The fact is that it’s only part the Texas portion of monies that is consumption based funding. A significant to majority (depending on school) portion of the total funding is not consumption based.

Sorta like if you and ten friends have lunch, everyone splits checks, then afterwards, you state “I paid for lunch”. You paid for your lunch, but you didn’t play for the collective lunch.

He could have replied that “yes, there are funding streams other than consumption taxes” but he doubled down, hid his original quote and then got all holier than thou about it. The display of intent made it a lie rather than the mistake. Given the point he was trying to make, I feel I was rather generous in not hammering him further on his deception, I certainly could have.

Jason Coleman on October 14, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Perry and the Hispanic Vote: Why He Might Be the GOP’s Best Shot in 2012

Perry’s Overlooked Asset: Hispanic Support

Can Rick Perry Help the GOP Win the Latino Vote?

Erin McPike, national political reporter for RealClearPolitics tweeted her debate story and a quote by a DNC spokesperson discussing the attention on Perry at this week’s CNN/ Tea Party debate, “You know what they say: When they’re biting you in the ass, you’re in the lead.” bit.ly/pJJauL

I think many are missing the BIG PICTURE. Republicans need the Hispanic Vote in 2012 to win back the White House. Perry apologized for his heartless comment. Again when is an apology not enough? People want Perry to bash Hispanics to prove he’s sincere in his apology ? That’s not going to happen, because he’s not a stupid – the republicans need the Hispanic vote to win in 2012.

The short game is the republican primary. The long game is the general election. Perry has his eye on the prize. Flavor of the week is going to come and go. What’s left over in the end? I am hoping it’s more than the last man standing candidate limping to the republican primary finish line. The republicans need a strong charismatic “likable” candidate, a proven leader, and fighter, because they are going to be running against the cult of personality,and the progressive left smear machine, that appears to have the MSM in their back pocket.

Dr Evil on October 14, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Oh, please Ms. Perry…..your husband has been “brutalized” not because of his faith in God, but because of his faith in government as a solution to too many of our country’s problems..i.e. his positions on immigration and border control are two examples.

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on October 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Mrs. Perry looks like a Sixties astronaut’s wife. And now hippies stinkin’ up public places all over. Media over-hyping protests. Just read an article about the repulsive Jane Fonda. It’s 1969 deja vu all over again! Sixties acid reflux. Sheesh, We already had that stupid decade (which overlapped the 70s.) Let’s not regurgitate that era all over ourselves. Unless, of course, we end this one the same as the original, with the resignation of a president.

curved space on October 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM

kg598301 on October 14, 2011 at 7:42 AM

I think it’s creepy.

stenwin77 on October 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM

It’s because Perry Waltzed in trying to be elected to the most demanding job in the world thinking he could come unprepared, he’s putting us in danger. I think he’s probably a good man, but he needs to get out asap.

scotash on October 15, 2011 at 5:35 AM

“We are being brutalized by our opponents, and our own party.” – Anita Perry

Of course you are! As was Sarah Palin,etc,etc,etc
and the latest target of the political brutes, elites and junkies,
Hank ‘Bosephus’ Williams! Ol’ Hank tho, just gave em’ all the finger, and told the SOBs, ‘RATs GOPs, and FOXs, to “Keep the Change”!

Seems that aging Southern Rocker’s with Bosephus’ panache, get away with that rough “up-yours” honesty! Unfortunately the Gals, except maybe Tugboat Annie, aren’t given a liberal licence to spit ‘baccky juice’ in the snake’s eyes! Nor would we want to see a Southern Belle like Anita Perry have to undertake the real ugly political dirtywork!

Truth is tho, the best jockey in the race for the POTUS JOB wears her colors! And yes, it would take a “heartless” and a dumbassed American nitwit not to recognize that we’d be better off educating Mexican kids, than hangin ‘em from cottonwood trees!

Comes now, up on the rail, another jive-talkin’ Harvard Law grad, this time a lite version, hitched to a come from behind stalking horse — and the GOP elitist touts are steppin all over their fool selves! Foisting off Romney-Cain futures for 2012! A safe RINO bet – expected not to offend the leftist SOBs that got US into the Economic and Global manure we’re now mired in!

Well guess we’ll get to see a replay of the GOP My Turn->Dole-> McCain-Fiasco in the General Sweepstakes Derby… I’d sure ‘preciate a “Southern Belle” as First Lady tho!

“Let’s Roll”