Occupy Wall Street: An Anthem

posted at 8:45 am on October 10, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Originally, I thought I’d tack this song to the end of yesterday’s post extolling Herman Cain’s exceptional cred to speak out against the victim mentality of the Occupy Wall Street protesters. But a slow and steady stream of rebuttals to the petty and persistent protests seems advisable. For one such counterpoint, check out this photo. As Townhall.com’s Kate Hicks captions it, “Just keep talking, Occupy Wall Street. You’re doing our job for us.”

Reason.tv’s hitmeister Remy has an equally effective (if less instant) answer to the protests:

Reminds me of this little gem, “Everything’s Amazing and Nobody’s Happy”:

OK, I know everything isn’t as amazing as it could be — those ominous unemployment numbers cast a definitely dreary and gloomy shade over all else (and, even more ominously, the present administration’s policies have nudged the federal government ever nearer a nanny state) — but we still live in America in the twenty-first century. To modify Cecil Rhodes, “To be born in the United States now is to win first prize in the lottery of life.” I’d say that’s pretty lucky.

Comments

The reaction of the media and pundits has been pleasant in its hypocrisy and idiocy as well. This ends badly and the only benefit for Obama is that it gives the msm an excuse not to discuss solyndra and fast and furious.

rob verdi on October 10, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Is this a push to make me care who “Remy” is? I do not.

Marcus on October 10, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Why do you think this whole “Occupy” movement got set up?
Does anyone think the most infamous community organizer of all time DIDN’T set this whole “Occupy” thing up through back channels as a distraction? And, why do you think the MSM is putting so much focus on it?

Unfortunately, the scheme seems to be working. Solyndra and F&F really ought to up there front & center but at the moment, they’re NOT.

Question: Who was the dude speaking in “Everything’s Amazing and Nobody’s Happy”?? Having come from the same generation as him, I found myself laughing out loud at how true just about everything he said, really is.

Shirotayama on October 10, 2011 at 8:59 AM

I would go insane if I had to listen to those drums for weeks on end.

Seriously, where is the actual protesting, most of the people there are hanging out and dancing; it’s now just a never-ending street festival.

I pity the poor bastardos who have to clean that park when the squatters finally leave, imagine the filth they will find buried under all that garbage and trash.

Bishop on October 10, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Why is that second video grouped with Louis CK videos isn’t it Jim Cramer?

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Mayor Blooomberg’s girlfriend is on the board of Brookfield Properties, that owns Zuccotti Park where the OWS cretins are squatting.

They just got a $168M loan guaranty from DOE.

Akzed on October 10, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Marcus on October 10, 2011 at 8:51 AM

CD’s for sale at the back, five bucks.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Damn, I thought it was going to be a song about Jerry Remy

darkpixel on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 AM

I’ll be happy to deliver the Occupy Wall Street types out to a place where there is very little ‘evil’ corportatism; rural Africa. Of course, even there while they are crapping in slot latrines, boiling water to keep it from killing them, they’ll have to suffer untreated from malaria and yellow fever. (Which they’ll get plenty of, without the corporately-produced mosquito nets)

michaelo on October 10, 2011 at 9:15 AM

I’m not worried so much about the OWS idiots as I am the idiots that want to reelect PHBO…

THEY are the THREAT to the Republic, not these 60′s wanna-be hacks…

Khun Joe on October 10, 2011 at 9:21 AM

I waded through an earlier generation of this trash in the 60s and 70s in San Francisco while waiting for my flights to Vietnam. Unfortunately, they continue to breed and will always be around . . . we must simply continue to wash the scum out of the streets wherever and whenever necessary.

rplat on October 10, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Look, you people just don’t get it. I spent five and half years getting this BA in Papier Mache Puppetry and no one has offered me a $60,000 a year job. Meanwhile, a lot of those tools of the big corporations, the people who got degrees in Engineering and Computer Information Systems and Chemistry got job offers. What kind of Equality is that? Why should some CEO have a job worth millions? What have they been doing for a hundred hours a week for the last several years? I spent it learning about the racist thugocracy of Straight White Men who slaughtered the peaceful Natives of this great land and still oppress all who do not follow their ideas by not hiring them? What makes that Computer Programmer more qualified than me? Can evoke the suffering of a Transgendered Union Organizer struggling against the crushing power of a corporation using biodegradable materials? You bet I’m protesting!

trubble on October 10, 2011 at 9:31 AM

trubble on October 10, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Paper Mache Puppetry, I love it.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 9:47 AM

In the Great Depression we had an epidemic of malnutrition, bordering on starvation.

In the Great Recession, we have an obesity epidemic, and we think that is a bad thing.

Voyager on October 10, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Best part of the video? Remy holding up the sign demanding that Arrested Development be brought back. Sums up quite nicely the petulant and ignorant rants and demands of the OWS crowd.

So do we thank Remy for Arrested Development actually making a comeback?

NotCoach on October 10, 2011 at 9:59 AM

trubble on October 10, 2011 at 9:31 AM

You rock.

miConsevative on October 10, 2011 at 10:01 AM

They just got a $168M loan guaranty from DOE.

Akzed on October 10, 2011 at 9:11 AM

This needs to be shouted!! Godlike Productions did yeoman’s work on this in connecting all the dots from Bloomberg’s honey to Joe Biden’s son to the DOE.
Here’s the link again..

Deanna on October 10, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I keep expecting him to go into the chorus of The Times They Are A Changin’.

Bigfoot on October 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM

So I’m thinking maybe this is like two sides of the same coin…one side wants more of the other sides stuff, and want the Gov’t to go get it…

Larr on October 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM

The Woody Guthrie sign on the guitar is priceless, and lost on these clowns.

The location, on the edge of Obamaville© is wonderful.

Wander on October 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Both the Afghanistan and the Iraq wars are being fought to save America… Reactions to attacks by terrorists… designed to cripple Al-Qaeda.
The war on capitalism is Obama’s war… and is being waged to destroy that which allows Americans to strive for the stars. Obama must not merely ‘fail’… he must lose and go down in history as a disgraced charlatan.

RalphyBoy on October 10, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I am part of Occupy the Federal Govt. Our goal is to vote in Conservatives to claim control over both branches of Congress and the White House. LOL

jeffn21 on October 10, 2011 at 12:10 PM

That is absolute aromatic CRAP…. now try this on..

Let’s play Cowboys and Communists.

deedtrader on October 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM