Mitt Romney: Vote for me — or for Herman Cain

posted at 8:46 pm on October 10, 2011 by Allahpundit

I don’t get it. Why would Romney want to promote a “true conservative” competitor who’s, er … much less organized and lightly funded than Rick Perry?

You know who this benefits?

Mitt Romney’s affection for Herman Cain has been well documented, at POLITICO and elsewhere. Romney took it to the next level at a New Hampshire town hall this evening.

“We each have our own experiences, he’s a great guy. Vote for either one of us and you’ll be happy,” Romney said, per POLITICO’s Reid Epstein.

Romney also called Cain a “terrific guy” and said voters should “give him a good look.”

So obvious and cynical is the game here that if I were Cain, I’d find it patronizing. Don’t agree? Here’s what else he said at the town hall tonight:

After talking about his experience going from Bain Capital to the governor’s mansion, Romney suggested that Cain was, perhaps, not quite as ready as he is for the Oval Office.

“I was able to find ways to use my skills in a public sector setting, probably something — if I were Herman — I’d say I wish I had that too because you don’t want to necessarily learn that for the first time as the president of the United States,” Romney said.

Romney’s jab at the former Godfather’s Pizza CEO came in response to a question from a college student who has asked Romney to contrast himself with Cain.

Translation: “He’d be a risk due to his inexperience, but that’s okay as long as you’re not thinking about voting for the guy who governed Texas for 10 years with terrific job growth.” As a gloss on this, go read Philip Klein’s short but insightful post about the persistent weakness of the GOP field. Since 1959, no Republican has gone on to win the presidency without earning at least 40 percent of the primary vote at this point in the race. Our top tier, meanwhile, is chronically mired in the mid to low 20s, with Romney so desperate to break through the 25-percent ceiling that he’s now actually touting other candidates in the race to try to force the most advantageous hold-your-nose Romney vs. Not Romney showdown that he can. It’s come to this, my friends. Or no, rather — it’s come to this.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 8

Sick of Mitt.
Obama wins, we lose.
Mitt wins, we lose.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 8:48 PM

anyone but RINO ROMNEY!

SDarchitect on October 10, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Maybe the people saying Cain is in cahoots with Romney are right?

Its kinda strange to talk up your main rival. I mean with Perry so down in the polls, Cain is that guy.

Odd.

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Thanks, I’ll make my own decisions Mittski.

AshleyTKing on October 10, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Obvious answer: Romney is a spineless mass of mush who’s afraid of being called a RAAAAAACIST for criticizing Cain. And he’s expected to stand up to Barack? Spare me the embarrassment! OMG.

SouthernGent on October 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM

I won’t vote for Romney.

Bugler on October 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM

There you go. Cain is Mittens stalking horse. Mitt has millions no? He can buy a stable full of them. The GOP loves nothing but upperclass wastrels.

promachus on October 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM

All aboard the Cain Train! Toot toot! Don’t mind Mitt out there, he’s just laying the tracks for us!

Punchenko on October 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM

This is the first thing I’ve heard Romney say that I can get behind.

I think everyone should take his advice and work to make Herman Cain the nominee.

otisframpton on October 10, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I’m finding myself hoping the “party elite” are sending love letters to someone new, Mike Pence maybe. This is what it’s come to for me. Party elite, please, beg someone else!

Rational Thought on October 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Maybe the people saying Cain is in cahoots with Romney are right?

Odd.

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Interesting point. My theory is that Romney knows that Perry is the force in the field because of his huge cache of money. He sees Cain as not a serious threat because of his lack of money. In a marathon, money means completion of the race. Just a theory.

Another theory could be Romney and Cain have talked and have struck up a coop.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Uh, yeah. Romney is a patronizing snob who has gotten off easy in the primaries. If Cain goes after him in the next debate, then Cain truly wants to be on the top of the ticket and not Romney’s VP. (The other candidates need to attack Romney’s record too.) Otherwise, I will be holding my nose like many others and vote for Romney.

I can’t believe these are our candidates. I’m not a fan of Perry, but I do hope he hits it out of the ball park tomorrow.

conservative pilgrim on October 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM

coop=co-op

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM

I’m really, really hoping that Cain can pick up his fundraising and organization, and make this gambit bite Mitt Romney right in his tuchus.

Cain’s got about 17-18% in polls right now, but his name ID is still hovering at about 60%. Also, he consistently maintains high favorables and high positive intensity. That means that his numbers will grow the more people know him.

If I were Mitt, I’d never mention Cain’s name again.

KingGold on October 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Odd.

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 8:50 PM

There’s nothing odd about it. He fielded Bachmann first to prevent Palin from entering and now suddenly Cain has this momentum when needs a stalking horse in Iowa to blunt Perry. Funny how the polls always work to the advantage of Mittens.

promachus on October 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Mitt Romney will forever remind me of The Golden Girls Dorothy Zbornak (Bea Arthur) complaining no one is taking the work SHE did over the past year seriously to win the “Volunteer of the Year” award.
Rose (Betty White) consols her: “You have done good work, Dorothy. It’s just that nobody likes you.”

Marcus on October 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM

KingGold on October 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM

How does he do that? By going on a book-selling spree? lol.

promachus on October 10, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Cain is another flash in the pan. It’s still Mittens vs Perry, IMO. (And it appears that Mittens agrees with me)

Revenant on October 10, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Unnnngggghhhhh…

Seven Percent Solution on October 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Thats a good point but with Cain’s rise doesn’t he run the risk of the money flowing to the poll leader which would be Cain?

Another theory could be Romney and Cain have talked and have struck up a coop.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM

I assume you mean coup?

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Preemptive strike to counter the inevitible Mormons don’t like teh blacks meme?

Meh on October 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Republican unforced errors: 5 billion and counting

ernesto on October 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM

How does he do that? By going on a book-selling spree? lol.

promachus on October 10, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Maybe he can get a Fox News gig and call people the “flavor of the month” twice a week with Greta Van Susteren.

I’m reliably informed that’s the 4-dimensional chess playing required to achieve higher office.

KingGold on October 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Romney endorses Herman Cain!

$$$ Herman Cain Needs Cash to Beat Mittens $$$

Knucklehead on October 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I’ve been wondering: Has Rick perry ever been in this kind of trouble in a campaign? He really seems like it’s all just falling apart. Has he ever come back from a series of self-inflicted wounds like this? Any Texans know? (Grabbing. At. Straws.)

Rational Thought on October 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Is this going to be a great election or what? Shoot me now.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 8:59 PM

promachus on October 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I wish I could believe that this sort of thing wasn’t going on but we know that it is. Fake OWS protesters, fake Tea Party candidates, etc.

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Another theory could be Romney and Cain have talked and have struck up a coop.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM

I assume you mean coup?

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM

No, I clarified above: I meant “co-op” as in co-operation, truce, cohorts.

One would think this to be the case. Perhaps Romney sees him as the proverbial “flavor of the week”? Not sure.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:00 PM

SouthernGent on October 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM

That was only 6 As you used in racist, do you want to buy a vowel? I think MSNBC is having a sale…..

Dr Evil on October 10, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Romney endorses Herman Cain!

$$$ Herman Cain Needs Cash to Beat Mittens $$$

Knucklehead on October 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Is that really appropriate right now? I mean, we just learned the awful, awful truth that Cain is just another shill for Romney.

Punchenko on October 10, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Mitt Romney: Vote for me — or for Herman Cain

There was/is never a doubt: Mr. Herman.

Dingbat63 on October 10, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Oooooops!
=========

October 10, 2011
Cain Surges, Nearly Ties Romney for Lead in GOP Preferences
***********************************************************

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Is this going to be a great election or what? Shoot me now.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 8:59 PM

You don’t like the GOP lineup?

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Punchenko on October 10, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Uh, what? Is there any evidence whatsoever that Cain is reciprocating in this alleged conspiracy? So far as I can tell, Cain’s not running to make Mitt Romney president.

KingGold on October 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I betting the farm on Cain!

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM

How does he do that? By going on a book-selling spree? lol.

promachus on October 10, 2011 at 8:55 PM

It’s a pretty good way to meet people face to face and do some hand shaking and talking. Provided he’s doing signings, which would be smart. I don’t think the book tour thing is that bad of an idea, if handled properly.

predator on October 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I’m on Team Perry getting ready to jump to Newt… if Cain is the last non-Romney man standing I’ll vote for him.

El_Terrible on October 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM

conservative pilgrim on October 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM

He’s gonna need a shot heard round the world. I don’t even think out of the park would do it at this point.

TxAnn56 on October 10, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I honestly think Cain has a shot for the nomination… but the only way is if he can find someone to put in his VP spot before the primaries actually start. But even then, it’s a long shot.

ninjapirate on October 10, 2011 at 9:04 PM

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I am underwhelmed.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

All of our fortunes now rest with either Newt or Perry.

Punchenko on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

That was three weeks ago quotes.

Romney is going to wake up with Cain in the lead.

Then what can Romney do unless he will settle to be the first Mormon Vice President?

jimw on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

KingGold on October 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM

And you were right but somehow the fourdimensional chess will be working to the benefit of Cain right? lol.You were so big on campaign and organizing. Please tell me about the great campaign staff Cain has assembled. lol.

promachus on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Romney endorses Herman Cain!

$$$ Herman Cain Needs Cash to Beat Mittens $$$

Knucklehead on October 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Herman Cain endorses Romney!

My vote is for Mitt Romney.

History is important, but the future is more important. Making history is nice, but nice can’t make critical decisions. The success of this country in the future will be shaped by the leadership abilities of the next president.

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Rational Thought on October 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I’m a Texan and my caveat would be to never, never count him out. I am tired of defending him here, so I don’t any longer. However, he has a strong record of winning elections.

IMHO, his falling from the frontrunner status is a plus, this early in the race. He has lots of money and that will help him stay the course. At this early juncture, only political junkies are paying attention to the race and the debates. He has a tiny grace period on bombing in the debates but he will have to turn that around and soon.

He needs to STOP making statements like the “heartless”, etc. comments. They are biting him. He needs to stand firm on his past decisions, as he has, without alienating (pun!) conservatives. Focus on the economy and be limited about the immigration issue.

As I mentioned, I consider his fall to be an asset this early in the race. He must master debates, and sell Rick Perry to voters.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Is this going to be a great election or what? Shoot me now.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Cindy Munford:(sarc):)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH PLEASE,its shaping up
for another 2008 Repeat,if,its Romney!!

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Punchenko on October 10, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Well just learned is a strong description, because we were speculating about it earlier, this very day on Perry’s new ad thread.

Dr Evil on October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Herman Cain hardest hit.
The Romney endorsement is the kiss of death.

james23 on October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Ok Perry folks- your guys excuse he sucked at the debates- he was tired. That fill u with the warm fuzzies? That’s what you look for in CINC. Great, just great.

drballard on October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Romney is playing the rubes. Choose to support me or throw in with Cain who I will crush when the time is right.

Southernblogger on October 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I am underwhelmed.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Thats pretty much where I am at.

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Punchenko on October 10, 2011 at 9:01 PM

KingGold on October 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Any time one candidate is ahead in the polling, there must be a vast conspiracy behind it.
:D

whatcat on October 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Herman Cain endorses Romney!

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Over John McCain and the Christian Leader. Uh, that was the choice I made, too. 2008 was a bad, bad year for us.

KingGold on October 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM

He needs to STOP making statements like the “heartless”, etc. comments.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

carbon_footprint:Yup,sounds like Bleeding Heart Liberal Do-Gooder
type of speak!:)

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:08 PM

The whole field piles on Perry, and this dude gets to skip to the nomination. Sad.

This field? Blows.

changer1701 on October 10, 2011 at 9:08 PM

drballard on October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Tomorrow is another day, Einstein. They have all sucked at some point. Who is your candidate??

Southernblogger on October 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Republican voters are being very fickle right now.

When I saw the Hot Air polls in favor of Cain stating 75% were “very confident” in their choice (after his surge was only a couple days old) I have begun to wonder if we have serious voters here.

scotash on October 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Now would be the time Governor Perry for a strong comeback.

Please and thank you.

Signed
gophergirl
A loyal supporter

gophergirl on October 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM

And stop hitching about Romney being a flip flopper- every candidate EVER has changed substantially from past positions- perry’s team has backpedaled from ,ponzi scheme” Regan was pro-choice and pro-divorce, so quit it already. He’ll, Perry was a democrat! Who rooted for al gore! Why do you forget those heresies but beat Romney over the head?

drballard on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

KingGold on October 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Well hey, we get to do it all over again… and I’m told it only hurts the first time! Not sure I believe that.

sharrukin on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Could be, I can’t wait to see who he will pick as his VP to bribe people to vote for him.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Well Mitt, this is one area where I will take your advice, Cain it is after my good look!

bluemarlin on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

its shaping up
for another 2008 Repeat,if,its Romney!!

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Maybe the RNC is using reverse psychology on us – at the last minute if anyone but Mitt Romney wins the republican nomination, that person will have our undying support out of sheer gratefulness.

Dr Evil on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Somewhat off-topic: Herman Cain continues to bring out the best in liberals.

Cornel West On CNN: Herman Cain Needs To ‘Get Off The Symbolic Crack Pipe’

KingGold on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I have no reason to dislike Cain, but like Perry I have no reason to like Cain. I don’t know enough about him, and what I do know is kind of nonsense (9-9-9 plan). Romney seems to be the only one that has put forth a “vision” and that is operating within reality. No fundamental transformation of tax code, because its never gonna happen without a RIDICULOUSLY republican congress. No chanting “repeal Obamacare” because its NEVER going to happen without a supermajority in both the House and Senate. Thats kind of why I like Romney. He seems to actually have thought about the details and at least has a plan. Perry is a clueless wonder who thinks saying “Texas” is enough to win him the presidency. Cain is an AMAZING speaker, but his inexperience and his semi-ridiculous 9-9-9 plan and his complete lack of experience or preparedness with regards to foreign relations is worrisome.

I don’t like Romney’s positions on issues before he decided to run for president at all, but he is the only one who seems like he is taking this thing seriously to me.

thphilli on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I’m waiting for Cain to attack Romney, or at least offer up some real criticism. He’s gone after Perry quite a bit, sometimes sounding personal, but that could be his campaign trying to stomp out Perry while he has the momentum. I would like to see him really take it to Romney.

Daemonocracy on October 10, 2011 at 9:11 PM

He needs to STOP making statements like the “heartless”, etc. comments.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

He screwed up. Compare his record to Mitt. Do you really believe Romney doesn’t throw us under the bus as soon as he gets the nom??

Southernblogger on October 10, 2011 at 9:11 PM

scotash on October 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM

From what I understand, you don’t have to be HotAir commenter to vote in the poll. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 9:12 PM

He needs to STOP making statements like the “heartless”, etc. comments.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

carbon_footprint:Yup,sounds like Bleeding Heart Liberal Do-Gooder
type of speak!:)

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I suspect questions about the “racist rock” and the crazy pastor will also be brought up, so he will have to handle those too. It will be interesting to see if he can correctly remember and repeat the talking points his handlers drilled into him or if it’ll be word salad time again.

whatcat on October 10, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Punchenko on October 10, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Dr Evil on October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

We were, weren’t we? :-)

I hope to God Perry drinks some liquid schwartz tomorrow night and nails this debate. I don’t think Romney has the fire to take on Obama and his unwashed OWS army.

Punchenko on October 10, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Newt Gingrich keeps looking better. What’s this world coming to.

SlaveDog on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

carbon_footprint:Yup,sounds like Bleeding Heart Liberal Do-Gooder
type of speak!:)

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Exactly! That compassionate conservatism is not a winning strategy. It worked for Bush, and then it didn’t. Just be firm on conservative principles. That is what we want. Smaller government, less spending and making the country prosperous again with less regulations and less taxing/spending.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Yep – my girlfriend who is a Perry supporter had no idea he had fallen so far down in the polls.

gophergirl on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Romneys my guy. After that, probably Perry, even though I like Cain more. The whole ” if u disagree w me you’re a heartless prick ” doesn’t sit well with me. Bachmans kinda a loon. Newt needs to leave

drballard on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

By these comments, looks like Cain is who he might be after.

bluemarlin on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Southernblogger on October 10, 2011 at 9:11 PM

What would the point be for him to do that? Why would he spit in the face of the party that elected him when there is absolutely no upside in it for him? Or is it that you think he is such a die hard liberal at heart that his true nature will come out when elected?

thphilli on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

And stop hitching about Romney being a flip flopper-every candidate EVER has changed substantially from past position

drballard on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Yeah but they didn’t turn it into an art form that could be used as a competition in the Olympics. Mitt owns flip flopping, be proud say it loud.

Dr Evil on October 10, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Newt Gingrich keeps looking better. What’s this world coming to.

SlaveDog on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Absolutely. I hope he pounds his intentions of the New Contract with America at the debates. He has some winning ideas there.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:14 PM

drballard on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Mitt has no convictions. To compare him to Reagan, who Mitt disavowed btw, is fracking crazy.

Southernblogger on October 10, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I really hope Hot Air is at least making some money from the Perry folks with all of these anti-Romney stories multiple times a day. Conservative websites, magazines, radio and television shows usually do best when the other party is in office. I guess thats what Hotair is banking on by basically giving permission and endorsing conservatives staying home in the general if its Romney. If Perry or Cain doesnt win, then what? I would understand positive stories to promote these guys if these are the candidates you like, but thats not whats going on here. Its bash Romney all day and night, demoralizing folks for the general. If Perry/Cain dont win, we then have a choice over someone who says he will do the right thing but people dont 100 percent trust, or someone we know 100 percent will do the wrong thing and run the Country into the ground. But hey, even so, we have our principals right? Plus, that will make for terrific traffic to HotAir wont it Allah?

nswider on October 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM

The insult and condescension are really aimed at you. He believes he’s going to get away with this.

This just reveals the insipidness of the rest of the candidates. There isn’t anybody here even as tough as Huckabee or McCain to beat up Romney and take his lunch money. Yes, it’s that pathetic.

rrpjr on October 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM

whatcat on October 10, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Yep, you are correct. He has wading through the Gardasilly issue and the immigration issue. The “rock” and Baptist preacher’s comments will be the next minefield for Perry.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:16 PM

bluemarlin on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

And yet my pulse did not quicken.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 9:16 PM

O/t
========

Heres the GOP Debate Schedule!!

2012 Primary Debate Schedule
******************************

Here is the most up-to-date and complete schedule we have for the 2011 / 2012 Republican Primary debates. These debates are between all the Republican candidates. For the schedule of debates between the Republican nominee and President Barack Obama, see the 2012 Presidential Debate schedule page.
(More….)
=============

October 11th, 2011

8pm ET on Bloomberg Television – Channel Finder – Pre-debate coverage begins at 7pm ET
Location: Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH
Sponsor: Bloomberg, The Washington Post and WBIN-TV
Participants: Bachmann, Cain, Gingrich, Huntsman, Paul, Perry, Romney, Santorum

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Oy. This election is winnable but the GOP has to mess it up.

terryannonline on October 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM

promachus on October 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Let me get this straight. It’s now Michele Bachmann’s fault Palin didn’t enter?

MeatHeadinCA on October 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Southernblogger on October 10, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Dude, Romney is at the very bottom of my list. Very bottom. I rate Gary Johnson and Ed Huntsman ahead of him.

It was a mistake, and I hope he learns from it.

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM

thphilli on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

In case you have not noticed, Mitt has made it crystal clear so far that he is not Tea Party or anything at all resembling standard GOP. He is selling this all the way.

Southernblogger on October 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Ugh, the debates will get better when Bachman and Santorum are no longer invited.

thphilli on October 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Newt Gingrich keeps looking better. What’s this world coming to.
SlaveDog on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Newt smiles.

Punchenko on October 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM

By these comments, looks like Cain is who he might be after.

bluemarlin on October 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM

And when he does – that won’t be a cynical calculated choice by a slick career politician/

Dr Evil on October 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM

from a technical point of view the perry ad is great

but i really dislike the attack on his wealth. and this is the reason for Romny/Cain partnership.

perry will not do well in the debate tomorrow…imho. he is not quick on his feet. Also the leftist media know what they are doing. they’ll take out perry tomorrow night (wapo/bloomberg). then focus on taking out Romney in the general.

1. Mormon
2. Weath
3. Corrupt
4. liberal

There is a reason that barry said that his plan was based on R.care. Come on guys. barry was in campaign mode the moment he took the oath…2012 was on his mind from the get go

r keller on October 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Quote: “The coyote really, really sucks, but I, the carnivore jackal, am superior! Vote for me! Peace out!!”

Chewy the Lab on October 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM

carbon_footprint:Yup,sounds like Bleeding Heart Liberal Do-Gooder
type of speak!:)

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:08 PM
=========================================

whatcat on October 10, 2011 at 9:12 PM

whatcat:Now that you mentioned it,I think your right,NHeadRock
Ambush is possible!!

canopfor on October 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:16 PM

That wasn’t wading. That was stumbling and nearly drowning.

MeatHeadinCA on October 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM

This is why we fail.

portlandon on October 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM

carbon_footprint on October 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Agreed

Southernblogger on October 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Romney endorses Herman Cain!

$$$ Herman Cain Needs Cash to Beat All Other “Conservative Candidates” and Hand the Nomination to Mittens $$$

Knucklehead on October 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM

FIFY.

steebo77 on October 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Let me get this straight. It’s now Michele Bachmann’s fault Palin didn’t enter?

MeatHeadinCA on October 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I thought Perry getting into the race paved the way for Palin?

Knucklehead on October 10, 2011 at 9:20 PM