Cain promotes his new book, which details his “Journey to the White House”

posted at 2:45 pm on October 4, 2011 by Tina Korbe

This morning on “Fox and Friends,” Cain chatted about his new book, “This is Herman Cain! My Journey to the White House.” With characteristic humor, he laughed at the subtitle of his book, but didn’t back away from his belief in his ability to win: “I have the solutions,” he said.

And with trademark optimism, he explained why not even the racism he encountered as he grew up made him bitter.

“I’m not angry with America because America has something that a lot of other countries don’t have: the ability to change,” Cain said. “That’s the greatness of this country. We have always had struggles throughout our short 235-year history. Why be bitter? Why not embrace the change especially since it’s positive? So, I don’t have a negative attitude about this country because of that.”

His remarks on poverty were similarly apt — expressing the fundamental truth that it’s not poverty that imprisons, but dependence. Born to a father who worked three jobs until he could live off two — and two until he could live off one — and a mother who worked as a maid, he learned the value of hard work from his parents.

“We didn’t know we were poor because my parents embraced the opportunity to work for what it was that they wanted to achieve,” he said.

As Cain continues to climb in the polls, he seems increasingly confident in himself and the solutions he has to offer — solutions he says transcend partisan ideology as well as race. He’s always brought a refreshing and candid presence to the Republican field, but, now that the electorate has begun to see he offers a serious option, he has become even bolder, even more straightforward. For example, Cain this morning said Romney will eventually stumble thanks to the “ankle brace” of Romneycare, and suggested Rick Perry should have been better prepared before he entered the race. But because he’s still a decided underdog, he’s able to speak those truths without sounding harsh or threatened.

Yes, he’s bound to face more media scrutiny in the coming weeks, but Cain surely has enough life experience to stay humble — and zeroed in on solutions. It doesn’t seem probable that Cain will cause himself to stumble, in other words. Plus, when he has in the past, he’s picked himself up pretty quickly. Perhaps his lack of political experience allows him to make peace with his missteps, extract the lesson from them and move on in a way more experienced politicians (like Rick Perry) can’t.

What remains to be seen is whether Republicans are just symbolically rewarding Cain’s ascending performance right now or whether they’re actually seriously considering him as the potential nominee.

Comments

The title of his book is even more presumptuous than the Romney camp openly floating possible VP choices.

steebo77 on October 4, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I don’t think there is a phony bone in his body. I really like Cain.

I’ll cautiously be watching.

portlandon on October 4, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I think this guy is a winner. I look forward to voting for Herman Cain for President. Just the sound of Liberal heads popping in unison would be worth his nomination.

ronsfi on October 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM

he’s bound to face more media scrutiny in the coming weeks

FIFY

The 999 plan is DOA.

faraway on October 4, 2011 at 2:51 PM

So ready for the next debate, I want to hear more from him then 999 and Im curious what Perry is going to do and if he can rebuild his momentum. Romney is going to get the pile on so we’ll see if he can handle it. I like Cain so far, but I really feel like I dont know much about him at all.

nswider on October 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM

It’s no wonder the more people learn about Herman Cain, the more they like him.

Weird. I’m having the opposite reaction.

My twitter feed tells me I’m not alone.

capitalist piglet on October 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Ms. Korbe, we’re serious. We’ll be raising some Cain in 2012, one way or another! He is the key for a GOP breakthrough in the black community. He’s going to be on the ticket next year if he keeps up his great performance.

milemarker2020 on October 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM

He’s got my attention. I never thought until Florida’s straw poll that he had a real shot at this. But the fact is most of the base is desperate to vote for anyone other than Mittens. We’re just waiting to see who the best alternative is.

Doughboy on October 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Er…

Are we talking about the same Herman Cain?

/s

cs89 on October 4, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I’m still a Perry guy but Cain is definitely a close second. I could easily vote for him for president. Either one of these guys would be better than Romney. It goes without saying that they’d be better than Obama.

Caiwyn on October 4, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I really like Cain, but I don’t like the last 9 of 999. I don’t want to institute ANY federal sales tax whatsoever. It’s the camel’s nose under the tent and when libs get in again down the road, it will be 12%, then 15% and so on. It will NEVER remain 9%. Just like SS was going to be 1% of your income. How’s that workin’????

NJ Red on October 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I like Herman Cain, but I will not vote for him for the wrong reasons…we have seen what voting for precedent does.

d1carter on October 4, 2011 at 3:01 PM

NJ Red on October 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Thats my worry too, its a good plan in theory, but I agree with you, its a dangerous gamble to institute a new type of tax that can and will be abused by future Presidents and Legislators.

nswider on October 4, 2011 at 3:01 PM

“I was born in 1945, I would be the 45th president, my wife and I are celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary …”

… Which means he’ll get 45% of the vote. :-(

PackerBronco on October 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM

I don’t think there is a phony bone in his body. I really like Cain.

I’ll cautiously be watching.

portlandon on October 4, 2011 at 2:47 PM

And I (and many others) as well.

Wonder if you got a chance to see his interview with Chris Wallace this past Sunday? At its conclusion, Chris Wallace had an uncharacteristic outpouring of kind words and regards for Mr Cain as he reached over and shook his hand.

It was truly a warm moment; one cannot help but believe that Mr Cain has this effect on most all he meets because of his “everyman” persona.

He is truly one of “us” and not one of “them”.

The War Planner on October 4, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Cain’s website suggests that the 999 plan is a path to the Fair Tax. But, yeah, he’ll likely need a willing Congress and 8 years in office.

At least he has a plan, instead of just pablum.

kirkill on October 4, 2011 at 3:07 PM

The more he talks, the less I like him (as a candidate for President). He stumbled as bad as Perry early on, but no one was watching. The attack on Perry by Cain over “the rock” is unacceptable. Cain was played like a fiddle by the media and still doesn’t realize it.

No way do I trust Cain as our Commander in Chief. He is a complete novice on foreign policy, trade policy, diplomacy, military, etc. Someone needs to ask him a question where the answer is something other than 9-9-9 or Chilean Model.

huckleberryfriend on October 4, 2011 at 3:07 PM

I like his stories, heard many during his interviews. I think the title is a little presumptuous though.

Well, since no one else has, and most of the upper echelon is in another thread, I guess its up to me…cut me some slack, I’m new at this.

You know who this helps.

cozmo on October 4, 2011 at 3:08 PM

… Which means he’ll get 45% of the vote. :-(

PackerBronco on October 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Obviously you lack the Cainiac optimism, he’ll leave his opponent with 45%…

kirkill on October 4, 2011 at 3:09 PM

capitalist piglet on October 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Ditto

derft on October 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM

NJ Red on October 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM

The difference is that the sales tax affects ALL Americans, and liberals can’t hide their agenda by pretending they’re only going to raise it on “the rich.” It turns more people into conservatives by making them pay for liberal policies.

The real danger is that congress institutes a national sales tax without getting rid of the income tax. Then the libs get everything; higher taxes, more revenue to play big government games with, and they can still demonize “the rich” when it’s not enough.

Caiwyn on October 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Caiwyn on October 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM

He can say and call it what he wants, its a VAT. No damn way I will vote for that. Once they get a VAT it will keep going up and up and up. Repeal the income tax first, then we can talk.

derft on October 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Cain is confident, authoritative, and positive. I’m warming to this guy, quickly. What he doesn’t know he can learn. But, you can tell that he’s one smart cookie.

outerwear on October 4, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Yes, I fear this too with this plan. Even though his phase two plan gets rid of the income tax…that has to get passed by Congress. We might get stuck with phase I, and the liberals can still raise the income taxes.

Jay on October 4, 2011 at 3:19 PM

When I looked up his new book on Amazon.com, I discovered that Herman Cain has written several books.

Lots of opportunity for us to learn more about Herman Cain as we evaluate our options for the Republican Presidential Nominee.

wren on October 4, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Tina, once again I have to disagree with the vast majority of your write-up. One can’t help reading and coming away with the impression that you’ve soured on Perry and have jumped unto the Cain train.

That is all fine and dandy with me but it doesn’t excuse some of the assumptions and errors that you made in your write-up.

Let’s look at a few:

Upon what basis are you saying that Rick Perry does not make peace with his missteps, learn from them, and move on. Didn’t he do that with his HPV vaccine mandate? His apology for calling those disagreeing with the Texas Dream Act “heartless”?

Last I checked, Cain has still not apologized to Perry for calling him “insensitive” and virtually concluding that Perry is racist.

Another point in your blog post:

No one among declared and undeclared candidates has been savaged as Rick Perry, save Sarah Palin. Romney has not been vetted – neither has Cain/Bachmann/Santorum/Gingrich/Paul/Huntsman.

If the next few debates start to focus on Cain and/or Romney, and he is able to stand his ground – then we will take his comment about Perry being unprepared seriously.

It is easy enough to talk about how weak your opponent is if everyone has been focused on that opponent’s missteps. Imagine a debate focused on Cain’s Muslim remarks, detailed analysis of his 999 plan, or one focused on Romney’s abortion stances and Romneycare.

That will upend the current standings pretty fast.

Notice how the debate moderators have failed to query Romney directly on his shifting stances on everything from social issues to fiscal issues? It is deliberate. They will gladly do it once general season rolls around.

So until the other candidates are fully vetted as Perry and Palin have been (and continue to be), let us not be hasty to conclude that they have no warts.

TheRightMan on October 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Caiwyn on October 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I get that, but if they now plan to get 9%, plus whatever State Sales Tax (NJ is now 7%) then I’m paying 16% and in the future, who the heck knows what it will turn into? If there were a guarantee there would be no income tax, I would go for that. But I can’t believe some politician down the road won’t figure a way around this.

NJ Red on October 4, 2011 at 3:26 PM

NJ Red on October 4, 2011 at 3:26 PM

This bothers a lot of people. If Cain gets elected, his plan will turn into “9-9-0″ meaning no simple federal income tax for individuals. No congress with their entrenched interests will go for that.

The War Planner on October 4, 2011 at 3:36 PM

The VAT will be Cain’s “ankle brace”. I really like him, but a VAT is a showstopper (unless, as others have stated above, Fed income tax is repealed.)

the_souse on October 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I like his 999 plan. EVERY ONE PAYS. From Drug addicts/dealers to illegals. every one has skin in the game. Is the plan perfect NO. dont want a perfect plan. His plan is alot better then the one we have now. Alot better then others that have been put out. He is positive and always learning. If your looking for the PERFECT SOUND BITE Candidate, then you should stay home and do the nation a favor and NOT VOTE. We dont need another career politician in the white house. Its the mark of insanity to elect yet another professional politician. We have been doing that for decades look where that has gotten us.

Go Mr. Cain.

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM

the_souse on October 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Its not a VAT TAX.

n. (Abbr. VAT)
“A tax on the estimated market value added to a product or material at each stage of its manufacture or distribution, ultimately passed on to the consumer”

And from what I understand he has stated that his 999 plan would replace the current tax.

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM

One of the 9s is income taxes. Nobody will vote for this.

999 is a dead plan walking.

faraway on October 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I love Herman Cain. He’s got an authenticity to him, that Romney as a career pol lacks. I’m voting for him. Cain-Rubio 2012.

Iblis on October 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM

@ faraway, “NOBODY will vote for this.” I sure will. Those of us that work pay alot more then 9% in total taxes. payroll tax and income tax combined is more then 9%. so YES we will vote for it.
The plan is simply.
Do your own research dont beleive what the media tells you.
The 9 percent income tax

The centerpiece of the 9-9-9 Plan is to eliminate the current, complicated income tax system — with its series of tax credits and deductions and its variety of tax rates based on income — and to replace it with a flat income tax. Cain’s flat 9 percent income tax also would replace payroll taxes, which all workers pay and that fund Medicare and Social Security, and would end the estate tax, which is a tax on inheritances. Currently, about 49.5 percent of all tax filers pay no income tax at all, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation, a respected bipartisan committee of Congress. 49.5 % DONT PAY INTO THE SYSTEM. Why?
They want all the benefits of living here but none of the burden.
FREE RIDE IS OVER. Everyone has to pony up.

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Nobody will vote for a plan that keeps the income tax and adds a sales tax on top of it. That is a plan that a Socialist would love.

Cain’s a great guy, but he blew it with this plan.

faraway on October 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Uggghhhh.

PappyD61 on October 4, 2011 at 4:26 PM

LOL @ faraway. Keep on saying that I am sure someone will beleive you eventually. Ignore Mr Cains growing support. Click your heels every time you say that it will help I am sure.
LOL.

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Cain’s a great guy, but he blew it with this plan.

faraway on October 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Does his plan keep the income tax? I was under the impression he wanted to replace it. If not, then I’m out — I like Cain but I agree with you that a sales tax on top of an income tax is a disaster.

Caiwyn on October 4, 2011 at 4:46 PM

I haven’t read any comments on this thread yet. What I have done is re-read the Washington Post’s original Article about this “rock”.

This article is dated 10/1/11, a Saturday. The WP talked to Gov. Perry prior to writing this and have detailed written explanations from him on the circumstances of this hunting lease/land & rock. That info is in the article and I missed it the first time.

Why then did Herman Cain disregard Gov. Perry’s explanation, plain to see for anyone that can read and smear Gov. Perry? He went on the Sunday shows, made Video Interviews and in all cases cast aspersions on Gov. Perry.

A mistake and exercising bad judgement is one thing, intentionally smearing another Republican Candidate is quite another.

bluefox on October 4, 2011 at 4:49 PM

csdeven on October 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Cain is a real friend to upper class white culture that has treated him fairly.

He has fixed broken Companies to benefit shareholders and employees, not sold off the pieces to make a small group of investors a quick killing.

Herman is a straight shooter and has never turned on his friends.

That is the quality we need most.

Obama’s style is to favor a contributor’s business by killing off that contributor’s competition … like the Mafia does it.

The trouble is that now no one is ever safe. When the Government is for sale to the highest bidder, you will never be safe for long.

Ask Boeing which dared to manufacture its airplanes in the USA without paying protection first to an entity that pays off Obama’s Gang.

China is a safer place than the Obama Gang’s den of thieves.

jimw on October 4, 2011 at 4:55 PM

@His 9-9-9 plan, bold as it is, has way too many problems to pass through a proper vetting process. The other candidates will go after him on it and explain how after a few years, it will turn into an unmanageable burden on Americans. It will discourage consumer purchasing through normal channels and will certainly create a underground economy that will lead to massive government intrusion and regulation.

csdeven on October 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM

And exactly how did you get to this conclusion?

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 4:59 PM

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 4:59 PM

His website. Phase one ( 9-9-9 ) will phase out and be replaced by phase two. The details are sketchy, but it looks like a 28% tax on all goods will be needed to run the federal government. that will encourage an underground economy and the government will have to create regulation and enforcement to keep money in the coffers. And at that point, the call for a “small, insignificant” income tax to take up the slack will sail through congress.

csdeven on October 4, 2011 at 5:05 PM

the 9-9-9 tax reform is brilliant;

* all wage earners get an immediate 15% raise, since the payroll tax for FICA/MEDICARE is scrapped
* everyone pays something
* everyone pays the same rate
* the poor will only pay sales tax on “new” items, not used. The sales tax does not apply to “used” items

* the middle class/rich will pay more sales tax because they may buy “new” homes, cars, boats, etc which will be taxed by the Federals.

* 2/3 vote of the Senate is required to raise the tax rate of any component of the plan, thus keeping rates low

* all drug dealers, crack addicts and illegal immigrants will have to pay sales tax

* capital savings/risk is not taxed so there are no limits to businesses growing/expanding/hiring

daytrader on October 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM

@ csdeven , you said “The details are sketchy, but it looks like a 28% tax on all goods will be needed to run the federal government. that will encourage an underground economy and the government will have to create regulation and enforcement to keep money in the coffers”
From his website. “Phase 1 – 9-9-9
•Current circumstances call for bolder action.
•The Phase 1 Enhanced Plan incorporates the features of Phase One and gets us a step closer to Phase two.
•I call on the Super Committee to pass the Phase 1 Enhanced Plan along with their spending cut package.
•The Phase 1 Enhanced Plan unites Flat Tax supporters with Fair tax supporters.
•Achieves the broadest possible tax base along with the lowest possible rate of 9%.
•It ends the Payroll Tax completely – a permanent holiday!
•Zero capital gains tax
•Ends the Death Tax.
•Eliminates double taxation of dividends
•Business Flat Tax – 9%
◦Gross income less all investments, all purchases from other businesses and all dividends paid to shareholders.
◦Empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for payroll employed in the zone.
•Individual Flat Tax – 9%.
◦Gross income less charitable deductions.
◦Empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for those living and/or working in the zone.
•National Sales Tax – 9%.
◦This gets the Fair Tax off the sidelines and into the game.
Phase 2 – The Fair Tax
•Amidst a backdrop of the economic boom created by the Phase 1 Enhanced Plan, I will begin the process of educating the American people on the benefits of continuing the next step to the Fair Tax.
•The Fair Tax would ultimately replace individual and corporate income taxes.
•It would make it possible to end the IRS as we know it.
•The Fair Tax makes our exported goods and services the most competitively internationally than any other tax system.”

Where did you get the 28 % from?

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Sent him another $50 today.

I don’t think white conservatives will vote for a black conservative.

crash72 on October 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Amen Daytrader, EVERYONE WILL HAVE SKIN IN THE GAME.
No more free rides.
Thats why they hate it so! If there is a better plan lets hear it. But if people are going to do nothing but throw stones at the plan, then they arent worth a Tinkers damn. Easy to pick apart a plan when you dont have one of your own. and again right on daytrader.

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Sent him another $50 today.

I don’t think white conservatives will vote for a black conservative.

crash72 on October 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM

WHAT ??? HE’S Black ?!
I thought he was just a rocket-scientist!!!
WHO KNEW HE WAS BLACK ?

Sent him another $50 today.

I don’t think white conservatives will vote for a black conservative.
crash72 on October 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM
There fixed.

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Where did you get the 28 % from?

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I don’t remember if it was on Hot Air or a financial guy on Cavuto. But when you take away the 9% on business and individuals, you must replace it somewhere. The person crunched the numbers and came up with a 28% ( plus or minus) rate.

And this 2/3 requirement is silly. The one thing we know about politicians is that they will do what is politically expedient for them. 2/3 would be reached very easily if not passing it would damage both dem and rep alike.

csdeven on October 4, 2011 at 5:52 PM

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Nope. You’re one of those.

crash72 on October 4, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I’m starting to love me some Cain

Alden Pyle on October 4, 2011 at 6:02 PM

“It’s no wonder the more people learn about Herman Cain, the more they like him. Quite apart from his policy proposals, his positive attitude — and his willingness to learn from mistakes (both his own and those of others) — is infectious and impressive.”

I can agree with this!! Go Herman!!

DanaSmiles on October 4, 2011 at 6:02 PM

He is a proven and capable leader, he has some limited political experience (Nat’l Restaurant Assoc, serving on Congressional Committees, working with Jack Kemp). He will know how to choose the right people to advise him. Watching his presser the other day really impressed me as he held his own while on his feet, the word that came to mind was decisive. He is a mathmetician and and systems analyist by training (goodness knows we could use that in the Whitehouse). He will be an astute negotiator and I think he will be able to bring congress together. He is likable and has the most positive message of any of the other candidates.. I like him.. a lot. Go Herman. Go!

kringeesmom on October 4, 2011 at 6:03 PM

daytrader on October 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I did some back of the envelope math using the 999 plan vs. current tax rates for my tax bracket… I included my my state income tax, but not my local sales tax… I made the assumption that I spent every dime on taxable goods after paying fed income (9%) and state income tax. I added in what I pay my CPA to prepare my tax return and I came up with a savings of $1400 per year. I posted this on Cain’s Facebook page and received a very detailed answer back (perhaps from a staffer)…

I like the plan.

kringeesmom on October 4, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Doughboy on October 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Exactly. I think his initial surge was in protest to Perry’s insilting defense of his in state tuition plan, but Cain has the opportunity to keep many of these new supporters in his camp. In the end, the anti-Romney vote is very powerful.

Daemonocracy on October 4, 2011 at 6:12 PM

kringeesmom on October 4, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I think you’ve summed it up rather nicely!

DanaSmiles on October 4, 2011 at 6:13 PM

While answering my Zogby poll email, today, I had to admit (& indicate) that Cain has alot more of my support over the past few weeks.
So does Newt.

pambi on October 4, 2011 at 6:40 PM

daytrader on October 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Aren’t they required to pay sales taxes now?

whatcat on October 4, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Cain is for affirmative action, and is quick to pull the race card, both deal breakers for me. Once the conservative base hits him up on it or he discusses it in the debates…he’ll get the Perry treatment. As painful as it is, it’s time to coalesce around Romney who has gone through years of vetting. We’re just wounding ourselves at this point.

hot-heir on October 4, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Baring the entry of any maternal ursus arctos horribilis, I am firmly part of Team Cain!

Unlike all the other candidates, Cain has a real plan. I also think that the fact he has never held office before is a real benefit because he is not a career politician but a business man. He is smart enough to know to surround himself with people who will do the best job, not the cronys he owes for getting him elected (like a certain empty suit does now, or a former governor from the Kennedy state will).

Wolftech on October 4, 2011 at 7:51 PM

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Nope. You’re one of those.

crash72 on October 4, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Yes I am one of those ! I don’t care a twit about the color of a mans skin, as long as he can do the job. Mr. Cain can do the job.

ColdWarrior57 on October 4, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I don’t think there is a phony bone in his body. I really like Cain.

I’ll cautiously be watching.

portlandon on October 4, 2011 at 2:47 PM

And I (and many others) as well.

He is truly one of “us” and not one of “them”.

The War Planner on October 4, 2011 at 3:06 PM

That is so true. I have never seen something like that before by any interviewer for anyone.

Here is the link for the video.

Elisa on October 4, 2011 at 9:51 PM

the 9-9-9 tax reform is brilliant;

* everyone pays something
* everyone pays the same rate

daytrader on October 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Excellent.

And the 2/3 majority for any further tax increases will be written into the legislation. 2/3 is hard to do. It is a good safeguard against raising the 9% as many here legitimately worry about.

And don’t forget 999 gets rid of the inheritance tax. Doesn’t it also get rid of the tax on expatriate income?

And liek someone corrected above, it is NOT A VAT TAX. It is a consumption tax. A sales tax on new products for end users at the retail level. There is no tax at each step along the way, parts, manufacturing, wholesale. Those companies have business numbers that would exempt them for the sales tax. Only end users. And only new, not used products, cars, houses, etc.

Elisa on October 4, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Forgot to bold what daytrader and I wrote because it is very important.

Elisa on October 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM

IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO READ HIS BIO, YOU WILL LEARN THERE IS A LOT OF SUBSTANCE TO HERMAN CAIN. HE IS A SOLUTIONS GUY.

PEOPLE WHO THINK HE CAN’T GET ELECTED BECAUSE HE IS NOT PROFICIENT IN FOREIGN POLICY ARE IN A FOG. WHAT WONDERFUL THINGS HAVE FOREIGN POLICY WONK PRESIDENTS OF THE LAST 100-YEARS BROUGHT TO OUR SHORES?
I BELIEVE HERMAN CAIN MIGHT BE A MAN OF DESTINY AND JUST WHAT WE NEED TODAY. A NON-POLITICIAN WITH SERIOUS, REAL WORLD SUCCESSES IN THE BUSINESS WORLD, OVER SEVERAL DECADES.

EQUATING HIS 9-9-9 PLAN TO A VAT IS IGNORANT!IT MAKES THE IRS OBSOLETE AND BRINGS IN MORE NET REVENUES WITH A TRULY SIMPLE PLAN.

BEST OF ALL, HE IS NOT A POLITICAL HACK! JUST WHAT THOMAS JEFFERSON WOULD HAVE WANTED AND MOST OF THE OTHER FOUNDERS!

tomshup on October 4, 2011 at 11:46 PM

d1carter on October 4, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Right. You should stay home or vote for Precedent Obama, in an unprecedented show of setting precedent for not voting for precedent as the country achieves unprecedented collapse. You would certainly be unprecedented.

BemusedMalkinite on October 5, 2011 at 2:20 AM