Quotes of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on September 29, 2011 by Allahpundit

“After months of hedging, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is giving serious thought to jumping into the ring for a GOP presidential run — and could make his decision next week, The Post has learned.

“The announcement may come as soon as Monday, said sources familiar with Christie’s thinking…

“[W]hen the governor first arrived at the Reagan library, he was still telling his inner circle he was a definite ‘no’ for a presidential run — and planned to make that clear in his appearance.

“Something changed that night, sources said…

“Insiders say Christie is ready to put a presidential campaign together ‘pretty fast.’

“And he’d have to, since filing deadlines for key primary ballots are just weeks off.”

***

“With all the clamoring for Chris Christie to get into the presidential race at this late date, how realistic is it for him — should he decide to run — to pull together a serious campaign in the eleventh hour?

“There are organizational issues, of course, but the main answer, say leading political consultants, lies in ballot access: getting his name on the Republican presidential primary ballot in all 56 of the states and territories by each of their different deadlines. Those start cropping up in just one month — Oct. 31, when filing materials are due in Florida.

“An additional challenge is that each of the 56 contests has different rules with different deadlines, and the process can be time-consuming, aggravating and expensive…

“Election lawyers, however, say it’s still possible for a late-entering candidate, such as Christie or Sarah Palin, to get ballot access in each state and territory.”

***

“After Super Tuesday and a few other smaller Southern primaries in March, the calendar almost entirely favors Romney – March 20 is Illinois, and April 24 is slated for a slew of Northeastern states that will almost all go to Romney. (As a Northeastern governor, the same math would likely apply to Christie)…

“But the Romney camp also has had a hand in crafting the calendar. Aides like longtime RNC member Ron Kaufman were on hand to keep an eye on the process, and the former Massachusetts governor’s allies continue to try to tweak the calendar around its edges, and to move up Romney-friendly states…

“The calendar’s design, especially the somewhat less than Super Tuesday, suggests that the race may not be decided by early March. The possibility of a Barack Obama-Hillary Clinton, 50-state showdown is certainly present—and the chances of the GOP picking a nominee in April or May is just as likely.”

***

“This is a serious decision, and I’m engaged in serious deliberations. And within the next 24 hours don’t look for me to make a decision.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

Schadenfreude on September 30, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Later Friend!..:)

PS..It is all cool!..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Oooo this is a fun game.

Christie > Cain > Palin > Perry > Gingrich > Romney > Santorum > Bachman > Huntsman > Johnson > Paul

lorien1973 on September 30, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Let’s play this game:

Palin>Cain> umm, gee, ummm, the rest are just to squishy, sitting on couches with Pelosi, wailing about vaccines for little girls, wailing about said vaccine causing mental retardation or whatever she said, or crazy as a fruit cake, or a ridiculously squishy RINO, or favors amnesty.

Sigh.

karenhasfreedom on September 30, 2011 at 1:56 AM

I do not think Christie is running..but we will see..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 1:57 AM

.IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Definitely catchy!

But so was Take On Me. And Flock of Seagulls I Ran. And Saved By Zero by The Fixx.

John the Libertarian on September 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Better late than never. What did I miss?

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 1:42 AM

You just have to read it when you get a chance..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Which thread?

By the way, I listened to Newt on Hannity today while I was driving to Waco. Let me tell you, his new contract for America is something else.

I was agreeing with every point. He would put forth between 50-200 Executive Orders in the first week of his presidency. Flat tax for those who want it, or you can stick with the current income tax. Moving the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Allowing younger people to opt out of SS and put their money in a private account.
A pledge to balance the budget by not spending more than we are taking in.

Allowing the US Government to lease or sale real estate assets in Alaska and Nevada where the US Government owns 80% or more of land.

Ending over-zealous regulations, immediately, that impede job growth.

Ending regulations against energy companies and allowing drilling to take place in 48 states.

Concentrating on creating the atmosphere of jobs that was present in 1993 under the GOP congress of 4.5% unemployment–twice as less as we have now. He stated we do not have a tax problem, we have a revenue problem. Get people back to work where they are not depending upon unemployment insurance, welfare or medicare and they are actually paying taxes back into the system.

And my personal favorite, on the date of inauguration, around 4:00 PM, he would give the Executive Order which would nullify all White House Czars immediately.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Oh, and I left out, the complete repeal of ObamaCare and also an E.O. that would not allow US taxpayer dollars to go to Mexico City for abortions.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM

And Flock of Seagulls I Ran. And Saved By Zero by The Fixx.

John the Libertarian on September 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Whoa, saw both bands in 1983 in Dallas.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM

John the Libertarian on September 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM

You can add Rockwell’s Watching Me to the catchy list also..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:09 AM

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Can an EO be used to repeal Obamacare, or is he talking legislative repeal?

sharrukin on September 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Oh, and don’t forget INXS with “There’s Just One Thing” and “Don’t Change”.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Can an EO be used to repeal Obamacare, or is he talking legislative repeal?

sharrukin on September 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

I could be wrong on that one, perhaps he would use the, hopefully, GOP congress to repeal it.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:12 AM

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Anywhere online I can listen to that interview?

El_Terrible on September 30, 2011 at 2:12 AM

I was just reminded about how smart Newt is. He has some great ideas.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:12 AM

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:05 AM

This QOTD thread..:)

PS..I heard a little aNewt’s plan..Newt is a very good policy man and a great debator..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:13 AM

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Anywhere online I can listen to that interview?

El_Terrible on September 30, 2011 at 2:12 AM

Not sure, but the contract is available at Newt’s website for viewing. I don’t have the address though.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:13 AM

Whoa, saw both bands in 1983 in Dallas.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Did you make thru the whole concert?!?..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

You can add Rockwell’s Watching Me to the catchy list also..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Cuz MJ was singing backing vocals…

Gohawgs on September 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

This QOTD thread..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:13 AM

Yep, I did peruse the QOTD thread a bit.

I seriously loved all his points. If he can articulate that in the upcoming debates, look for Newt to surge.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Whoa, saw both bands in 1983 in Dallas.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Did you make thru the whole concert?!?..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

I did! It was at the Texas State Fair Amphitheater and it was really cool.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:15 AM

But the E.O. putting all the White House Czars out of work was my favorite.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM

I did! It was at the Texas State Fair Amphitheater and it was really cool.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Must’ve been October…/

Gohawgs on September 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Here is the link for Newt’s new Contract with America

The fact is, it made up for his sitting on the bench with Pelosi for me.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:20 AM

I did! It was at the Texas State Fair Amphitheater and it was really cool.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:15 AM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:20 AM

I did! It was at the Texas State Fair Amphitheater and it was really cool.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Must’ve been October…/

Gohawgs on September 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Actually, I think it was.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Gohawgs on September 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Jacko definitely helped..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Goodnight my friends. God bless you all.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:22 AM

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Later Friend!..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Yep, I did peruse the QOTD thread a bit.
carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Well I’m sure you saw what I was meaning..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Yep, I did peruse the QOTD thread a bit.
carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Well I’m sure you saw what I was meaning..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Let’s clarify..It was interesting to say the least!..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Here is the link for Newt’s new Contract with America

The fact is, it made up for his sitting on the bench with Pelosi for me.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Thanks for the link.

El_Terrible on September 30, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Found this while watching Newts commercial with Pelosi;

Newt on climate change and energy

El_Terrible on September 30, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Goodnight my friends. God bless you all.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Thanks for all the Huntsman posts. I was seriously lmao!

Kataklysmic on September 30, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Your panicking has affected how you process your experiences.

You are not “listening” to me. You are choosing to read what I write. So why are you directing your ire at me when it is your choice to read it? You ought to look in the mirror and excoriate yourself for doing something that bugs you.

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 1:18 AM

You’re assuming personal jabs where there are none. I consider you neither unprincipled nor stupid. I do consider you wrong — and representative of a mindset that is threatening the very fabric of the freedoms I hold dear. You can double- and triple- and quadruple down all you want. I’ve heard it all before. And I’ll reject it just as roundly the 100th time or the 1000th time as I did the first.

gryphon202 on September 30, 2011 at 2:59 AM

And seriously. I’m “panicking?” Oh yes, there are Palin supporters that are panicking at the thought of her not getting in. There are Palin detractors who are panicking at the though of another four years of Obama. I am in neither of those camps. I’m on the road less-travelled, thank you.

gryphon202 on September 30, 2011 at 3:01 AM

“Something changed that night, sources said…

ROFL can you say “fickle”

unseen on September 29, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Nah, he is just a “tease” LOL

Amjean on September 30, 2011 at 3:39 AM

It is still “possible” to make all the state deadlines for ballot access in primaries and caucuses. But it is very unlikely anyone could put together the sort of nationwide team needed to get it done starting from scratch, especially since nearly all the experienced Republican staffers who could get it done are already working for somebody.

The talented pros make their living from this stuff. They can’t sit around waiting to see who may jump in later; when an offer comes from someone actually in the race, they know they can’t refuse many of them.

In terms of organization, about the only one with a chance to get in now and compete is Huckabee, and he can’t afford to give up the Fox gig.

Adjoran on September 30, 2011 at 4:55 AM

Sorry, but we do not need any new entries in to this race. And we certainly don’t need some 1/2 term governor, filled with delusions of grandeur thinking that they’re all ready to be POTUS. We have a big enough field and it’s time to pick the best.

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 5:44 AM

I am fine with both Christie and Palin in.

I don’t think it matter.

Neither of them will hold a candle to Mitt Romney.

Mitt could stumble, but he has built a strong team and is headed in the right direction at the right time.

Palin and Christie would give him a little more practice at defending his record and Romneycare.

Although, it seems like everyone is kissing up to him and really won’t test him enough.

I guess it is pretty clear when they are all together that Romney is miles above the rest so they are trying to get Romney to notice them rather than take him down.

Perry was shaking in his boots, getting all tongue tied, trying to get out his memorized lies…

I’d like Romney to have more serious debaters to strengthen him.

And if everything stays on the up and up, not if there is dirty stuff like 2008, but if everything stays fair, and Palin or Christie are actually better, then they should win.

That goes for Cain too. But not the rest of them.

petunia on September 30, 2011 at 6:03 AM

Who gets in the race for the nomination, we know of one man who is running … out of time:

Countdown until Obama leaves Office
478 Days, 06 Hours, 45 Minutes, 06 Seconds.

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 6:16 AM

Here is the link for Newt’s new Contract with America

The fact is, it made up for his sitting on the bench with Pelosi for me.

carbon_footprint on September 30, 2011 at 2:20 AM

I don’t want him as President, but I think he’d be an invaluable asset to a conservative administration. His demons scare me but his angels are amazing.

Extrafishy on September 30, 2011 at 6:25 AM

Extrafishy on September 30, 2011 at 6:25 AM

I agree. He is a fount of ideas. Some are lousy and others are brilliant. With a good filter, he is an invaluable asset!

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 6:30 AM

I don’t think Sarah Palin is going to run.

And I am not that sure Christie will run either.

Time is running out and the speculation will soon end.

Everyone loved Christie until there was talk of him running for President..then out came the long knives and there was the usual stuff about Rinos and compromise etc.

There is a certain faction of the base that will not be satisfied with any living candidate. They prefer nonexistent make believe candidates or dead people who are not around to speak for themselves and thus can be made to say all sorts of things that may or may not be in keeping with their real character.

Terrye on September 30, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Adjoran on September 30, 2011 at 4:55 AM

Yes, this is true.

Terrye on September 30, 2011 at 7:10 AM

Heard yesterday that CHRISTie has the backing now of Bushes to get in the race.That must mean renewed access to power for the Bush Fam.

And Christie felt the love, got the pic with Nancy (kissed the ring) so he’s all good. Is this Christie thing just a ploy to smoke out Palin?

BTW, see this?

He’s not a happy camper!!

PappyD61 on September 30, 2011 at 7:15 AM

Moaning Joe just discussed a WaPo column by Eugene Robinson in which he took off on Christie about his weight. The column concludes with Eugene telling Christie to eat a salad and take a walk.

WTF?

BuckeyeSam on September 30, 2011 at 7:24 AM

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 5:44 AM

I enjoy your fear.

kingsjester on September 30, 2011 at 7:28 AM

kingsjester on September 30, 2011 at 7:28 AM

So you want Chris Christie to run? When did that happen?

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Moaning Joe has Reverend Al = instant channel change. What are they, on the road? Speaking in an entirely empty building?

Pompous A-Hole Joe: “WASHINGTON WORKED WHEN I WAS THERE!”

So long, Moaning. Oh, they do have an audience now. They sat silent for Joe’s pompous talk. I didn’t know they were there.

Marcus on September 30, 2011 at 7:33 AM

Well since the team in the WH is doing nothing on the economy, this speculation about the GOP nominee gives them something to fill their time…

txmomof6 on September 30, 2011 at 7:47 AM

Adjoran on September 30, 2011 at 4:55 AM
Yes, this is true.

Terrye on September 30, 2011 at 7:10 AM

yeah because it takes really really smart people to collect signatures and tell the gop party of the state to place their candidate’s name on the ballot.

Are you people for real?

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 7:53 AM

So you want Chris Christie to run? When did that happen?
MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Ohhh…if that who you talking about? I’m so used to your broken record routine concrning Governor Palin, I replied in error. Do carry on.

kingsjester on September 30, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Past is prologue.

I think she intends to do exactly what she did in Alaska…run as the voice of the people against the entrenched political machines.

But just like she did in Alaska, she did it from WITHIN the system. She took out Murkowski in the primary and Knowles in the general.

I’d be stunned if she ran third party…especially since she’s said that would only split the opposition vote.

But what would not surprise me is if she did what she did before…run as an independently minded Republican with as the voice of the people…not interested in being beholden to the powerbrokers and party machine.

powerpro on September 29, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Exactamundo!

idesign on September 29, 2011 at 11:59 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Her past is prologue not only to political strategy, but IMO to her entire character, views and values. This lady is absolutely unique on the entire political landscape because of how she grew up. In many ways, she’s a throwback to the late 19th century – early 20th century because of how she grew up, yet combines that with the full, early adoption of 21st century technology for social networking, etc.

If you want real insight into who she is, look at where she came from. The conditions simply do not exist any more, even in Alaska, to produce another Sarah Palin. The most insightful thing I’ve seen/heard to date is Bannon’s interview of her older brother Chuck, here.

Listen to how he describes their growing up as 4 kids in a 2 bedroom house, living at the subsistence level, literally required to go hunting and fishing to be able to eat. For example, for their spending money, the kids ran trap-lines instead of a newspaper route… Chuck senior did a remarkable job of instilling strength, resilience, independence – yet competiteness and teamwork into his kids — fighting to survive, flourish and prosper on the edge of America’s last frontier.

Even after reading Sarah’s books (though I haven’t watched The Undefeated yet), this interview provides a lot of new depth and insight into who Sarah really is…

OnlyOrange on September 30, 2011 at 7:59 AM

PappyD61 on September 30, 2011 at 7:15 AM

The clamor for Christie to get in reflects the Establishment’s panic.

They are concerned with the Anyone but Romney sentiment and are hoping to capitalize on it to get conservatives to settle for another Establishment candidate.

Romney has reached a ceiling in his support and despite the media trying to make it appear that he has made a massive comeback in the last few days – all he has accomplished is move back into the level of support he had prior to Perry’s entry.

The demagoguery and spins on Perry’s stances on Social Security, HPV vaccine and illegal immigration can easily be overcome as Perry makes media rounds explaining and offering his vision on tackling major issues.

The Establishment doesn’t want to stick around to see Perry rebounding. They want to hit while he is down and offer an alternative.

Will it work? NO! Insomuch as Christie has his major flaws and is not as well-loved by conservatives like the Establishment think he is. He pulls more from Romney and little from Perry.

TheRightMan on September 30, 2011 at 8:06 AM

OnlyOrange on September 30, 2011 at 7:59 AM

The Undefeated will reinforce all of that. For me it was eye-opening to see just how much she got done in her administration – much of it things that no one seemed to be able to do before she got there.

Missy on September 30, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Nah, he is just a “tease” LOL

Amjean on September 30, 2011 at 3:39 AM

Palin unlike christie has been consistent sayign she is seriously thinking about running. Chrisite has said NO 100 times, said he wasn’t quaili8fied for the position and now because someone with money/power talks to him he might change his mind. there is nothing in common on how the two have handled the issue.

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Which is why the “oh so pure” Conservatives have bought a Romney nomination by refusing to take on RomneyCare and opting, instead – to go after a candidate who’s made his platform on restoring the tenth amendment.

Good Job you Guys!

I hope you support Romney when he’s nominated – you EARNED him!

HondaV65 on September 30, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Missy on September 30, 2011 at 8:07 AM

October 4th… :)

IMO, at the risk of sounding like a total loon, this lady is a national treasure…

OnlyOrange on September 30, 2011 at 8:11 AM

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 8:07 AM

I just got an e-mail. I’ll quote it in its enitety:

To whom it may concern:

No, we don’t want her back. She’s yours now.

Yours truly,
2008

P.S. Sorry Mitt. If we had listened to you instead of the religious bigots we would not be in the world of hurt we are today.

Regretfully yours,
2008

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 8:11 AM

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Newsflash: Romney couldn’t even beat McCain.

kingsjester on September 30, 2011 at 8:15 AM

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 8:11 AM

I love how all the Mittbots are coming out to play now that they think Mitt is the last man standing.

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM

October 4th… :)

I watched it on PPV. Couldn’t wait until October. ;)

Missy on September 30, 2011 at 8:21 AM

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Mittbots don’t play, they just throw stones.

PS. I know this is not a dating site, but, I think I am falling in love with Missy. At least her comments. Hope you are a lady.

derft on September 30, 2011 at 8:23 AM

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Hey, I’m glad to see that you can now recognize play for what it is! That will be critical in your recovery and rehabilitation. Once you learn to join in you’ll be well on your way.

But I have to ask, Mittbot or not, when have I not come out to play?

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 8:23 AM

derft on September 30, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Tomorrow called. They had a message for you.

You’ll be sad and lonely
You’ll cry the whole night through

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Do you mean the “do the right thing” club?….

……I’d be proud to be the “founding member and President” of that club….you betcha!

tencole on September 30, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Pay attention…..

Listening to your inane ramblings only steels my resolve to do the right thing.

gryphon202 on September 30, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Doing the “right thing” is subjective in that case. What is not subjective is you and that other dude describing what happens here as “listening”. He incessantly whines and complains about comments that are not forced upon him. He, as well as you, CHOOSE to read comments. If those comments cause you discomfort, then you should be a responsible person and avoid those things instead of attacking others. After all, you are self inflicting the grief upon yourself. It is a very comment attitude amongst the Palin crowd. You want to be the founding member and president of that club, well that also is your choice.

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Sarah, Cain became newsworthy because of the stunning straw poll results in Florida. The media did not vote in that straw poll. To the extent that the media covered the results of that upset, they were doing their job. To the extent that Cain has garnered considerably more media (and op-ed) attention because of events in Florida, that is to be expected. Stop blaming the media for everything.

And as someone whose family has participated in 2 reality shows, it’s amusing to hear you dismiss political news coverage as being like a reality show.

Buy Danish on September 30, 2011 at 8:27 AM

It appears to me that the repub estab, big money (crony capitalism
anyone?), media and various pundits all have their favorite
candidates……

……and then, there is the voice of the people.

Amjean on September 30, 2011 at 8:28 AM

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 8:23 AM

You are here. Sarah said she would not announce today. You were right and I was wrong. Congrats. I still hope to get the last laugh.

derft on September 30, 2011 at 8:29 AM

gryphon202 on September 30, 2011 at 2:59 AM

Which is fine. You were directing your ire at me when there was no call for it. If you aren’t peeved, then you might want to choose your words more carefully in the future.

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 8:29 AM

d as someone whose family has participated in 2 reality shows, it’s amusing very credible to hear you dismiss political news coverage as being like a reality show.

Buy Danish on September 30, 2011 at 8:27 AM

There…

OnlyOrange on September 30, 2011 at 8:29 AM

derft on September 30, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Thank you for being a good sport derft!

She did so much better than Harry Connick’s cover, doncha think?

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Thank you for being a good sport derft!

She did so much better than Harry Connick’s cover, doncha think?

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Yes I do. And knowing how obsessed you are here is another treat for you on your day of victory.

derft on September 30, 2011 at 8:35 AM

derft on September 30, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Fantastic! Mine’s not nearly as elaborate.

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 8:38 AM

I enjoy your fear.

kingsjester on September 30, 2011 at 7:28 AM

We rational folk will feel no schadenfreude when we watch you Palin loons wail and gnash your teeth when you finally accept the fact that Palin snookered you out of your rent money by allowing you to believe that she was using super secret code words that to you meant she was certainly going to run.

You have been hoodwinked.

Well, if you continue to self deceive yourself, we might just continue to poke you for comedic relief.

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 8:44 AM

I hope you support Romney when he’s nominated – you EARNED him!

HondaV65 on September 30, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I can’t wait to watch you cut off your nose to spite America! You will continue to be a font for hilarity in the months to come!

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I predict next Friday we will have one of two speeches,
The first –
I have been testing the waters for some time now, and now its time to announce my decision. After many heartfelt conversations with my family and friends, I have decided…..

The Second –
Pack your S*%T Barack, I’m moving in!

Guest1.1 on September 30, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Here is Erick Erickson’s take at Red State..:)

PS..This is not my take..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 8:50 AM

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Bwahahahahaha!!! We have been making fun of you Palin worshipers since late spring!

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Tell ya what, Skippy. You and the other Sunshine Boy can vote for Mittens.

As for me…I’ll vote for a Conservative.

kingsjester on September 30, 2011 at 8:52 AM

We have been making fun of you Palin worshipers since late spring!

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Well glad you finally admitted straight out you are a mittbot that has been bashing Palin for 3 years in an effort to turn people against her to protect your love Mitt.

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 8:55 AM

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 8:29 AM

I directed my ire at everyone who feels the same way you do about “electability” and “moderation.” And you earned every last bit of my bile that I sent your way.

gryphon202 on September 30, 2011 at 8:58 AM

I know what the vast majority of Palin supporters will do if she doesn’t jump in. They will move on to another candidate, but will still support her endeavors to elect conservative candidates. I don’t know what the Palin-bashers here will do. I guess they’ll wander away, that is, after they’ve done their little victory dance.

If she does jump in, I guess “abdication” will become the meme of the day around here for the Palin-bashers, since they have never shown an interest in discussing the issues.

NoNails on September 30, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Thanks for the link! That is my take. Everything, from the fact that she has no excuse for dithering (as I have noted in the past) to her habit of blaming the media for everything (as I just noted above).

Buy Danish on September 30, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Great. Just great. Now I’m being psychoanalyzed…

*sigh*

gryphon202 on September 30, 2011 at 9:00 AM

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Nice try dopey. Is there really any point in trying to educate you any longer? This will give you something to fixate on for the next few weeks as you try and deal with the fact that you sent months of your rent money to a politician that was stringing you along.

When the nomination process is in full swing, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to read my continued disgust with Romney and my discomfort with the notion that I will have to pull the lever for that RINO.

But until then, enjoy yourself basking in your delusions.

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Buy Danish on September 30, 2011 at 8:59 AM

I wonder what is up with Erick posting hourly updates..That seems strange..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Good Job you Guys!

I hope you support Romney when he’s nominated – you EARNED him!

HondaV65 on September 30, 2011 at 8:10 AM

there are 50 states elections. It really doesn’t matter much which order they are in. the biggest blow was when the Mitt bots got the first elections to only be propotional delegates in an effort to blunt any candidate not named Mitt from gaining steam from a win in IA and SC.

Mitt’s gameplan all along has been the long game using his money to outlast other candidates. Perry would have failed quickly with the new rules. His money would dry up during the NE swing through the primaries. Mitt has always known who his biggest threat is and that is Palin. It is why the mittbots have bashed Palin for 3 years. why they have hid who they are and which candidate they really supported to avoid blowback from the nasty attacks they have conducted on Palin.

The only person able to beat Mitt is Palin same as it ever was.

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 9:03 AM

But until then, enjoy yourself basking in your delusions.

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 9:02 AM

sorry your mask slipped. You mittbotts are some of the most stupid people I have ever seen.

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 9:05 AM

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Well if you weren’t “unseen” that would change in a hurry!

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 9:06 AM

And you earned every last bit of my bile that I sent your way.

gryphon202 on September 30, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Well that only confirms that you are panicking. My opinion of Palin has zero effect on you beyond that which you choose. Lashing out at others may make you feel comforted in the short term, but as time goes by, you will realize that your bile is misplaced. You should be mad at yourself for being destructively ideological.

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 9:07 AM

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 9:05 AM

He’s not a mittbot! He’s endorsing and voting for Mitt for entirely pragmatic reasons!/

Or something.

gryphon202 on September 30, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Re Cain: Nein, nein, nein.

Sorry, wrong number…for a lot of economic reasons. Here is why:

onlineanalyst on September 30, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Buy Danish on September 30, 2011 at 8:59 AM

no excuse for waiting? sure no reason at all. I’m sure she could spend tons fo money for no reason like your man Mitt who after millions spent still has a hard time cracking 20% and has the establishment so worried they are pushing christie to come and save them….

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Fantastic! Mine’s not nearly as elaborate.

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Pfffft! You guys are amateurs! Here is that one dudes effort.

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 9:10 AM

You should be mad at yourself for being destructively ideological.

csdeven on September 30, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Never. Doing the right thing is never wrong. It’s never a guarantee of getting the outcome that you want, but I’ll be respected for my integrity long after you are forgotten and American tradition goes the way of the dodo.

gryphon202 on September 30, 2011 at 9:10 AM

onlineanalyst on September 30, 2011 at 9:08 AM

And I thought that $9.99 talk was the price of a large with 1 topping :-)

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 9:10 AM

MJBrutus on September 30, 2011 at 9:06 AM

thanks for confirming my point.

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Can’t wait for Christie to get in and bleed Mitt dry. Be very very worried Mittbots. Maybe Sarah’s looking for that, too.

gracie on September 30, 2011 at 9:11 AM

wonder what is up with Erick posting hourly updates..That seems strange..:)

Dire Straits on September 30, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Erick is just another Mittbot that pushed the flavor of the month then quickly left that flavor for another flavor to stop any candidate from gaining traction on Mitt.

unseen on September 30, 2011 at 9:12 AM