On private property, a sign depicting Obama in a diaper: “Change me! I stink!”

posted at 4:05 pm on September 29, 2011 by Tina Korbe

OK, confession: When I saw this headline on Drudge, I actually laughed out loud. Something about the word “stink” is just funny to me. And I had no reason not to laugh because I generally agree with the sentiment the sign expresses: Obama is a master at making excuses, which does come across as a little, well, babyish. In other words, the sign doesn’t offend me.

But I also think some of the protesters (yes, people gathered to protest a sign on private property!) have a point, too. When George W. Bush was president, I frequently countered Bush bashers by pointing out the dignity that inheres in the position of the presidency and pleading with my friends to respect that. Lambasting ill-advised policies and pointing out blatant personal hypocrisies are one thing. Juvenile attacks and general poor taste are another. Not sure where the line is (and also not convinced this crosses it), but important to remember it exists somewhere.

That said, this is primarily a question of free speech. In light of the White House’s “bully problem,” it’s more important than ever that we defend this most fundamental of rights. Does sign owner Timothy Reily have the right to post a billboard-size sign on his own private property — but overlooking a public street — that portrays the president in an insulting light? The New Orleans City Council is already hard at work trying to find the exact phrase in the city’s zoning laws that will force Reily to take it down. Such zoning laws are presumably content-neutral “time, place and manner” restrictions that don’t technically abridge our freedom of speech under the Constitution. But that the City Council is so scrupulously scouring city code in response to protests of the actual content of the sign makes the city’s approach a little more dubious.

In general, I’d prefer to err on the side of more freedom, not less. In “The Virginia Report of 1799-1800, touching the alien and sedition acts,” James Madison argued that even speech that creates “a contempt, a disrepute or hatred [of the government] among the people” should be tolerated because the only way of determining whether such contempt is justified is “by a free examination [of the government’s actions” (h/t Eugene Volokh in The Heritage Guide to the Constitution). In other words, it doesn’t matter if these signs cause folks to think less of the president. Such speech is protected. Several of Reily’s neighbors recognized that fact and spoke up in support of him. “I think it’s fine. It’s on his property,” one said. “He can say whatever he wants.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Tina, please stop taking HTML lessons from Ace.

lorien1973 on September 29, 2011 at 4:08 PM

“When George W. Bush was president, I frequently countered Bush bashers by pointing out the dignity that inheres in the position of the presidency…”

You make a good point Tina…

Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on September 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Sign of the Times!

chickasaw42 on September 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM

But I also think some of the protesters (yes, people gathered to protest a sign on private property!) have a point, too. When George W. Bush was president, I frequently countered Bush bashers by pointing out the dignity that inheres in the position of the presidency and pleading with my friends to respect that.

Now, whose fault was that?

MeatHeadinCA on September 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Tina, I have no problem with people putting up signs like this, or with people protesting the sign.

I have a problem when the government forces someone to take down a sign like this.

I have a problem with people protesting signs like these claim that the government should ‘do something about it’.

First Amendment is very clear on this.

Scott H on September 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM

And if Bush had ever been the whiny little baby Obama is, no one in their right mind would have stuck with him.

MeatHeadinCA on September 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM

They love him. Nothing will ever change their minds.

SouthernGent on September 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Tina, please stop taking HTML lessons from Ace.

lorien1973 on September 29, 2011 at 4:08 PM

“I don’t know where the line is, but I know there is one somewhere” sounds like an Aceism. In fact, it sounds like the very kind of thing Ace would say when he complains about what an insufferable cesspool his comments section can turn into. I don’t have much sympathy for Ace, either. -.-

gryphon202 on September 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Tina, please stop taking HTML lessons from Ace.

lorien1973 on September 29, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Hey – at least Tina only affects her own posts!

gwelf on September 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM

If it were a sign of Obama depicting him in the Messianic imagery he’s been portrayed in the last few years, methinks no one in the city would have a problem with it.

Funny, that.

And since i mention it, this is exactly how this guy should respond to this criticism. Take this sign down after a while and replace it with an “Obajesus” pic or something.

See what happens…

catmman on September 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Take it to the SC.

Schadenfreude on September 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Lucky the person has that high fence, I just hope there are additional safeguards behind it because peaceful lefties are sure to show their…uh…displeasure with the sign.

Bishop on September 29, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Full IRS audit for the owner of the sign in 5…4….3….

angryed on September 29, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Whether someone likes or dislikes this is irrelevant. It’s on private property, we’re free human beings…end of story.

Lizzy on September 29, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I laughed at that woman that said, “they wouldn’t do that to Bush”

Kini on September 29, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Do we know if the sign’s owner made it onto the AttackWatch.com site? If not, I’ll report them.

Racists.

Danny on September 29, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Speech critical of the government reminds me of…America. And a person gutsy enough to speak his mind in this climate, with this government? That reminds me of America, too.

Rational Thought on September 29, 2011 at 4:17 PM

The first Facebook commenter was right, Obama brought this on himself. The signs are in no way racist, violent or even hateful. The threats of riots if Obama doesn’t get reelected can’t be far behind.

mike_NC9 on September 29, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Aw, the poor babies want to dish out the ridicule, but cannot take it–somebody call a waaaaambulance.

Christien on September 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Racists.

Danny on September 29, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Dude. That is one uber freaky website. Did you really give them your email address?

mike_NC9 on September 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Baby Herman could not be reached for comment.

Del Dolemonte on September 29, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Out: Hope and Change

In: Poop and Change

faraway on September 29, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I love the thug city council reaction:

The signs have created such a firestorm of controversy, though, that police came to the scene– called in by City Council Member Susan Guidry. She represents the district where the home is located. Guidry said she was concerned about public safety and was trying to figure out if the sign was even legal. She also said she spoke to Reily, but didn’t get far.

“We have to determine that there is a zoning law that prohibits perhaps the size of the sign, perhaps the way that it’s erected, that it is leaning over onto public property,” Guidry said. “Whatever we can use, we will, but of course, we do have to balance that with First Amendment rights.”

SirGawain on September 29, 2011 at 4:22 PM

The dude’s got every right to post that sign. Although I’m sure the city council members will find some BS reason to force him to take it down. My concern is for the guy’s safety. Someone is gonna throw a Molotov cocktail at his house one of these days.

Doughboy on September 29, 2011 at 4:23 PM

The sign ordinance restricts flapping and blinking signs, but doesn’t say much more. They do require sign permits and I’m not sure if there’s a separate section on election signs, but those usually focus on timely removal after elections. I doubt this sign would fall into that category anyway.

Note the fees associated with a sign permit.

1. “base fee”
2. “construction cost fee”
3. “plan review fee”
4. “zoning review fee”
5. “1 year operating fee”

Pretty typical of the delays and expsenses you need to put up with if you try to build even the most basic thing these days.

forest on September 29, 2011 at 4:23 PM

They ain’t kings. The “dignity” crap is for the officeholder to respect, not we. It is OUR office they THEY hold. They are to respect US bu respecting the office we gave them.

We don’t have a noble class in this country. The only thing most of these people have ever done is schmooze their way to more votes than somebody else. IOW – they haven’t “earned” anything.

Politicians are just about the only group that DESERVE this kind of treatment. Do you have any idea what they did to Adams and Jefferson back in the day?

mankai on September 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM

The protesters are just as constituionally honorable as the sign maker.

Heated, humorous and angry argument is the sanding and polishing of political (as well as religious, social, cultural and economic) thought.

(Yes we Cain!)

flicker on September 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Change me! I stink!

The greatest line in 3 years

faraway on September 29, 2011 at 4:26 PM

“I frequently countered Bush bashers by pointing out the dignity that inheres in the position of the presidency and pleading with my friends to respect that.”

While the office itself ought to oblige some respect, in large part, out of deference to those who have held it before, Tina, that respect is earned by the continuing respect the current officeholder invests in the office by his actions and treatment of those who are obliged to provide this respect for the office.

Occupying the office does not allow the president to use this as a shield for any no holds barred disrespect he engages in.

Bush was always one to respect this distinction and took much care to not sully the office by using this obligation as a shield for personal and political purposes. The same cannot be said of Obama. In fact, these differences in care have been widely noted as distinctive marks of both Presidencies.

Dusty on September 29, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Here in the Dallas area (in Trophy Club, near Roanoke, where Glenn Beck is renting a house), a local resident has gotten a lot of grief over the “OBAMA SUCKS” flag flying on a pole in his front yard. He says he’ll take it down when Obama leaves the White House.

Trophy Club homeowner’s Obama flag sparks debate

I have to say, I think “OBAMA STINKS” would have been a better idea, just because kids live around there, and we don’t let our kids use the work “sucks”.

Ward Cleaver on September 29, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Where, oh where, is ATTAAAAACK WAAAAATCH!?

VidOmnia on September 29, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Get Off My Lawn

I wonder what the guy said to Ray Nagin. Maybe he recorded it. Loved the neighbors.

mike_NC9 on September 29, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I heard about this earlier and I’m shocked to see that someone in New Orleans had the balls to do it. I’m not surprised that the morons on the New Orleans City Council had stopped squabbling with each other to attempt to take it down or that dumbs**t Ray Nagin is getting involved.

Even better, with a bit of research, the guy who put up the sign is Tim Reily. Mr. Reily owns an electrical supply company in Metairie and is well known around south Louisiana businesses. He also donated to the campaign against the idiot councilwoman who wants to use zoning laws to get the sign taken down.

Instead of living in that cesspool of a city, he could move to Jefferson Parish or better yet, live up on the Northshore. You’re not going to change the minds of those morons, especially the limousine liberals who live in his uptown neighborhood.

My inlaws make a big to do about what they pay in property taxes compared to what I pay. I said if I paid that much for what you get in NOLA, I’d be outraged and would make every oppurtunity to move elsewere. Maybe Mr Reily should take his tax dollars elsewere.

Lay-Z on September 29, 2011 at 4:30 PM

So does the media think we have the attention span of a 2 year old?

Did the National Socialist Left respect the ‘dignity’ of GW Bush?

Chip on September 29, 2011 at 4:30 PM

You make a good point Tina…

… Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on September 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM

You are spot on. Every time I see that photo I just cringe at the lack of dignity that fool displays.
Maybe someone asked “who dislikes America the most?” and he raised his hand.

arnold ziffel on September 29, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Political cartoonists have long portrayed politicians as babies.

token on September 29, 2011 at 4:32 PM

mike_NC9 on September 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Nope. I’m sure they already have it from HuffPo.

Danny on September 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM

By getting in his face and punching back twice as hard, they’re just following Obama’s suggestions… what can be more respectful than that?

At least they’re not bringing a gun and punishing their enemies.

malclave on September 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM

“..in the interest of public safety..”

Oh yeah, that’ll do it. Trot out that one and abridge this man’s first amendment rights.

Doncha just love how Ray “School Bus” Nagin and that idiot councilwoman got nowhere with this guy?

The War Planner on September 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM

This is not the only sign – there are a couple of others
Photo Gallery

And what business does Ray Nagin have dropping in on the owner?

Brat on September 29, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I have every right to have that sign up, and those morons have every right to yell at my house at reasonable hours. And if they set one foot on my front lawn, I’ll let the dogs out.

Akzed on September 29, 2011 at 4:35 PM

And what business does Ray Nagin have dropping in on the owner?

Brat on September 29, 2011 at 4:34 PM

He lost some buses?

lorien1973 on September 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM

The sign says it all.

Mirimichi on September 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM

You make a good point Tina…

… Oh, wait!

[Seven Percent Solution on September 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM]

ROTFL, You are soooo bad.

Dusty on September 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM

If we ever a Republican President watch all these concerns for the dignity of the office fly out the window.

The standards will change back faster than you can say Bush-Hitler-Racism.

Chip on September 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I wonder if the people protesting this, were just as outraged when it was done to Bush or any other president?

capejasmine on September 29, 2011 at 4:38 PM

See what happens…

catmman on September 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM

That blog you posted the link for:

..is truly frightening once you realize it’s not clever sarcasm.

The War Planner on September 29, 2011 at 4:40 PM

lorien1973 on September 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Heh. Actually he needs a diaper too.

Brat on September 29, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Democrats would never ever do something like this about George Bush. And if they did, they would delete it after all these years, right? Right?

faraway on September 29, 2011 at 4:41 PM

And I’ve got to add that Obama is no President except in title only.

Other Presidents have been mistaken, egotistical, corrupt and even criminal. But Obama has openly sold presidential favors far more than any other President in history (at least in inflation-adjusted dollars) at the same time being incredibly incompetent in running things.

He clearly had no clue of the discipline, compromise and leadership that was required to run a representative government. And I suspect he disapproves of the system.

He stinketh (KJV).

flicker on September 29, 2011 at 4:49 PM

mankai on September 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Jefferson had to walk home alone from his inauguration. Couldn’t get a ride with anyone.

BobMbx on September 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Democrats would never ever do something like this about George Bush.

Show us one physical sign of Bush that even comes close to approaching that. This looks like the type of protest sign you’d see in a third world country. No class.

The reality is that most people today still don’t understand the nature of today’s balance sheet recession – depression and how badly this country was screwed by the very fact that it all started with a massive national and an extraordinary level of national debt.

bayam on September 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

bayam on September 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I googled it for you.

BobMbx on September 29, 2011 at 4:55 PM

In Sacramento we had a code enforcement officer who wrote tickets at the drop of a hat… my neighbor was cited for her horse as a nuisance.. yet in another neighborhood there was an effigy of Bush dressed in camaflouge and hanging by a noose from a garage. The neighbors were inconvenieced by all the media and drivebys. No citation for nuisance (political speech and all). My neighbors horse didn’t inconvenience anyone.

I told my neighbor to post a sign on the horses tail end that read “I hate Bush’s” and she could avoid further citations.

The Obama sign is in poor taste. It is rather stupid, It makes the homeowner look tasteless and stupid.. But it’s his right to have the sign in his yard period.

kringeesmom on September 29, 2011 at 4:56 PM

what the “protesters” don’t want you to know is they took down his Herman Cain signs before the News stations arrived!
No kidding! He had Cain signs up, screwed into his wood fence and some kind of way they vanished!

jrab01 on September 29, 2011 at 4:57 PM

And heres more for you.

BobMbx on September 29, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Democrats would never ever do something like this about George Bush.

bayam on September 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I’m not sure you got the commenter’s sarcasm, bayam. I suspect most of us recall overwhelming amount of BDS displays of just a few years back. It’s slowed down a bit now, but still pretty evident.

whatcat on September 29, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Classy sign.

Makes conservatives look good.

Pablo Honey on September 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Hey bayam
How about a full length feature film. Forget about this one did you?
George Bush assassination film wins top award

Brat on September 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I googled it for you.

[BobMbx on September 29, 2011 at 4:55 PM]

Me, too, Bayam.

Dusty on September 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I googled it for you.
BobMbx on September 29, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Yeah, it would be out of touch with reality to think this type of display is something new. There has been even much, much worse.

whatcat on September 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM

What?

You countered their arguments against Bush with saying they should show respect for the office?

If people were bashing him purely on a personal level, well, then who cares? Let them do it.

ButterflyDragon on September 29, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Obama depicted in a diaper with “Change me, I Stink” needs to be made into a bumper sticker. I will distribute a million of em.

paulsur on September 29, 2011 at 5:16 PM

bayam on September 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

ROFLMAO

So, have you actually convinced yourself that Democrats are capable of acting without malice, or are you just pretending?

malclave on September 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Bad taste, and it’s ugly. It’s an eyesore.

SAMinVA on September 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Classy sign.
Makes conservatives look good.
Pablo Honey on September 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Must be a conservative who made the sign…because…uh well because.

No matter how slice your answer it won’t look good.

Bishop on September 29, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Classy sign.
Makes conservatives look good.
Pablo Honey on September 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Classy president.
Makes conservatives look good.

Ronnie on September 29, 2011 at 5:31 PM

“We will find anyway to take it down…but we will respect his 1st amendment rights…?!”

I am glad they haven’t made up their minds ahead of time.

Irenaeus on September 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM

bayam on September 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

You do realize that it is in fact 2011 right?

El Presidente Downgrade has been in office for well neigh 2 1/2 years now – running up all kinds of debt, wasting money, supplying weapons to criminals, funneling money to his buds, playing his Marxist ideology to the hilt.

But you on the National Socialist Left can’t seem to get those inconvenient facts straight.

Chip on September 29, 2011 at 5:37 PM

bayam on September 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Bushitler.

Ronnie on September 29, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Classy sign.
Makes conservatives look good.
Pablo Honey on September 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Must be a conservative who made the sign…because…uh well because.

No matter how slice your answer it won’t look good.

Bishop on September 29, 2011 at 5:18 PM

I guess it could be an agent provocateur. A sign purposely made to make O’s critic’s look unreasonable….and very silly.

Pablo Honey on September 29, 2011 at 5:47 PM

bayam on September 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Surely you jest…just “google” bush in effigy in google images. There are 80,300 results you can look at.

Tim Zank on September 29, 2011 at 5:51 PM

How come bayam has no response after getting his question answered?
Time after time libs do this. I realize now that they get off letting a “stinky” and runningscooting away.

arnold ziffel on September 29, 2011 at 6:11 PM

But that the City Council is so scrupulously scouring city code in response…

This is what I found the most disgusting.

Tzetzes on September 29, 2011 at 6:18 PM

BobMbx on September 29, 2011 at 4:57 PM

yeah.. but… You know those just show Bush as a mass murderer and Jew hating dictator.

THIS sign shows Obama as a baby!!!!!111! The left NEVER when so far as to call Bush a baby and stuff.

Perspective people!!!!

Ampersand on September 29, 2011 at 6:24 PM

So it’s okay for one to burn the U.S. flag, but a sign on private property that accurately depicts Obama is over the line? Total BS, no holds barred baby!!!

galvestonian on September 29, 2011 at 6:24 PM

When you lose the poopy baby diaper vote…

TexasJew on September 29, 2011 at 6:26 PM

So an American citizen can’t protest when the President is an unmitigated piece of useless crap?

I think not…

TexasJew on September 29, 2011 at 6:27 PM

C’mon folks, we ALL know the REAL reason that the city of New Orleans is looking for a reason to take down this billboard on PRIVATE property…but we cannot SAY it publicly…because then we would be called a nasty name.

I HATE double standards!

siwrcw03 on September 29, 2011 at 6:31 PM

There is no inanimate object on earth that would lower my opinion of this President.

TugboatPhil on September 29, 2011 at 6:34 PM

The fellow is retired and was the owner of a large electrical contracting company. He even donated $500,000 to a big cat rescue center some time back. He was on the board of the Louisiana SPCA.

Kermit on September 29, 2011 at 6:34 PM

When you lose the poopy baby diaper vote…

TexasJew on September 29, 2011 at 6:26 PM

+100!!

TugboatPhil on September 29, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Show us one physical sign of Bush that even comes close to approaching that.

bayam on September 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

You are drunk.

Oh and a tool .

Go F. yourself.

CW on September 29, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Go F. yourself.

CW on September 29, 2011 at 6:39 PM

hmmm… Maybe THAT would explain bayam’s mysterious absence after his idiotic post.

Ampersand on September 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM

<em>Bayam dumb b*tch

You’re a joke.

CW on September 29, 2011 at 6:45 PM

In no way can that sign be protected by a fence, at least that’s what Rick Perry says.

wheelgun on September 29, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Bayam I wonder is depicting the death of someone worse than a diaper? You idiotic liberals sure are nuts.

CW on September 29, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Want to know more about the owner of the property?

Kermit on September 29, 2011 at 6:47 PM

The only ones who would be “offended” are the same idiots who have their own ego’s wrapped up in The One.

GarandFan on September 29, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Bayam you are willfully ignorant.

CW on September 29, 2011 at 7:08 PM

bayam

Maybe this will help, retard.

Who needs signs anyway. Spoken words are much more powerful:

Maher: You could have went to New Hampshire and killed two birds with one stone.

John Kerry: Or, I could have gone to 1600 Pennsylvania and killed the real bird with one stone.

I think we need to start referring to you as santorum.

xblade on September 29, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Ampersand on September 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM

bayam posts his nonsense at 4:51PM and immediately receives links to shoot down his assertion.
CW doesn’t tell him f.o. until 6:39PM. Where was little stink blossom until then? Like I said earlier, libs like to throw poop and run.

arnold ziffel on September 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM

arnold ziffel on September 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Oh I’m not saying bayan left because of what CW said. Just speculating he might have left to do what CW said. Pure speculation.. Trying to figure out the case of the mysteriously disappearing Bayam.

Ampersand on September 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Ampersand on September 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Very very good sir/ma’am. I had not even thought of that angle. Thx.

arnold ziffel on September 29, 2011 at 9:21 PM

…..these protesters were so offended by these signs that they had to take pictures of them……okayyyyyyy.

……pitiful when the “protesters” are so detached from reality that they would make the ignorant claim…”they wouldn’t do this to Bush”…..

I remember when dissent was patriotic:

“I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration you’re not patriotic. We should stand up and say, ‘We are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration!’”
–Hillary Clinton

Pelosi:concerning anti-war protestors

The protesters stood quietly in front of Pelosi waving their signs for the entire two-hour meeting, while hecklers from the audience frequently interrupted the talk.
***

But Pelosi never summoned help from police or security. She negotiated with the hecklers and at times even thanked the protesters for their advocacy and enthusiasm.
“It’s always exciting,” she told reporters after the meeting. “This is democracy in action. I’m energized by it, frankly.”

Pelosi: anti-war protestors
“And bring our troops home now,” a protester yelled from the crowd, following by several other “now”s.

“Preserving our planet is a national security issue…,” Pelosi said and paused. “I always say the best preparation for combat is combat,” she responded. “So just go for it, I respect your enthusiasm.”
“Your impatience with the war is justified,” Pelosi said, trying to ease tensions between those heckling her and those shushing the hecklers.

Democrats even provided tickets for the same protesters that called our Soldiers “murder’s”, “terrorist” and called for the assassination of President Bush.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported today:

The most effective — and disruptive — protest may have come from the anti-war group Code Pink, which obtained 16 tickets to the inauguration from their members of Congress. Eight female activists, including Code Pink co-founder Medea Benjamin of San Francisco, obtained seats in the VIP section.

Here is an elected democrat rallying democrats by chanting “Bush lied” :

There Was a Time When Maxine Waters Didn’t Get The Vapors Over “Vulgar”
Protests
—Dave In Texas

That was then and this is now.

Pelosi tells protesters who call Bush “Hitler” “murderer”,”war criminal”,and accuse him of lying our country into war that she “supports them”:

‘06 Flashback: Pelosi Tells Anti-War Protesters ‘I’m a Fan of Disruptors’

January 17, 2006: “So I thank all of you who have spoken out for your courage, your point of view. All of it. Your advocacy is very American and very important.”

Here Obama shows just how much he supports (and takes money) from the people who call for the death of a President,vandalize recruitment centers,and refer to our Soldiers as “murderers”…..

“I know you Jody and Code Pink and I know that you want me to end this war and bring all the troops home and I’m going to do that.”

Barack Obama
Meeting Top Campaign Bundler and Code Pink Founder Jodie Evans
June 2008

Code Pink Founder and Marxist Jodie Evans was one of Barack Obama’s top bundlers during his 2008 political campaign. Evans was actually one of Barack Obama’s Top 500 Bundlers.. She raised nearly $100,000 for the Democratic Candidate.

Barack Obama thanked Jodie Evans for her support during the campaign.

Obama will not allow photos with the Israeli Prime Minister but has no problem posing with Code Pink Marxists. (Big Government Photo)

Jodie Evans visited the Obama White House in June 2009 just days after meeting with the Hamas terrorists.

These same democratic operatives supported the Obama Campaign and were seated up front at Barack Obama’s inauguration.

…over and over and over democrats and their liberal supporters cried “dissent is patriotic” and cheered on some of the most hateful,bigoted actions you have ever seen against President Bush,VP Cheney,and Sarah Palin.

….as far as I’m concerned…liberals can take their manufactured outrage and shove it straight up their a$$es.

Baxter Greene on September 29, 2011 at 9:23 PM

dignity that inheres in the position of the presidency…”

If “dignity inheres in a position” it is only because of the men of dignity who served in it. Dignity is a quality of men, not offices.

rrpjr on September 29, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Show us one physical sign of Bush that even comes close to approaching that.

bayam on September 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

You are drunk.

Oh and a tool .

Go F. yourself.

CW on September 29, 2011 at 6:39 PM

You people have no sense of humor and take yourselves too seriously.
Hold on, isn’t CW the genius who didn’t know that McDonalds accepted federal help during the financial crisis and nearly had a breakdown on this site when as the facts came to light?

bayam on September 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM

bayam on September 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM

So, what did you think of the links that answered your earlier question? Noticed you’ve been absent for several hours. Don’t worry, I’ll save this for future reference.

arnold ziffel on September 30, 2011 at 12:21 AM