Iran set to execute Christian pastor as early as tomorrow

posted at 7:25 pm on September 29, 2011 by Allahpundit

The goal isn’t to kill him but to terrify him into asserting Islam’s supremacy by recanting his beliefs. No dice.

Before his last hearing Wednesday, Nadarkhani had been given three previous changes to repent, and all three times he has refused. After his final refusal Wednesday, No verdict has been announced, but many expect that he could be put to death as soon as Friday…

There were rumors on Wednesday night that Nadarkhani’s execution sentence was to be waived after the final trial, but contradicting reports indicate that the news was incorrect.

“We’ve had some reports that there has been a verbal announcement from the court in Iran that the sentence is annulled but we urge caution,” said Christian Solidarity Worldwide, a religious group campaigning for Nadarkhani’s release…

Even if the sentence were commuted, Nadarkhani could still face life in prison. And even if he were released, there would still be danger.

The White House condemned the verdict this afternoon, as did Britain and the EU. Over at NRO, Marco Rubio posted a statement noting that Nadarkhani’s wife and lawyer have also been intimidated in an effort to get him to recant. Nothing yet from the State Department today, but they condemned Nadarkhani’s persecution back in July. An intriguing detail in all this: No one’s been executed in Iran for apostasy since 1990. Or rather, no one’s been officially executed on that ground since 1990. As we know from Iran’s treatment of gays and political prisoners, when they want to rid themselves of “undesirables” but don’t want to attract too much attention doing it, they’re perfectly capable of trumping up charges involving rape or some other grievous offense to cover their tracks. Why didn’t they do that with Nadarkhani? The BBC speculates in the course of delivering some hopeful news:

The lawyer for an Iranian Christian cleric sentenced to death for apostasy says he is optimistic that his client will be acquitted.

The lawyer, Mohammad Ali Dadkhah, said there was a 95% chance Yusuf Naderkhani would be freed…

Former Anglican Bishop of Rochester Michael Nazir-Ali said he could not advise Naderkhani to recant…

Mr Nazir-Ali, who is working for the charity Release, said there was concern in Iran about the growth of house churches, and it “may be that someone is seeking to make an example”.

Interesting theory, although I’m more intrigued by the historical background of the case. Turns out Nadarkhani was arrested in October 2009, just a few months after Iran was rocked by the (failed) Green Revolution. The Iranian Supreme Court upheld the verdict in July of this year, in the midst of the Arab Spring. Could be that the regime is so paranoid about the upheaval inside and outside the country that they’re now determined to crack down on “subversive” behavior of all stripes. Remember, not only did these lunatics ban water fights a few months ago, they did so on grounds that the water fights are … a foreign plot. Hanging an avowed Christian because he’s a Christian amid global condemnation is another way to warn dissidents of every flavor not to cross them. Which is to say, Nadarkhani may be a martyr here not just for his faith but for all of Iran’s discontents.

I’m cautiously (and maybe foolishly) optimistic that they’ll end up granting him clemency, not because they’re swell guys but because the regime likes to show its, ahem, magnanimity occasionally by forgiving the infidels for their transgressions. They just released those hikers, of course, and they made a huge spectacle a few years ago of releasing the British sailors they captured in the Persian Gulf. Once the international microscope becomes large enough, their calculus seems to change from showing Iranians how ruthless they are to showing the world how generous and kindhearted Islamist rule can be. Hopefully we’ll get a replay of that here. Someone at the State Department prepare an asylum application, stat.

Comments

May God bless you sir. You are truly a man of deep and amazing faith.

gophergirl on September 29, 2011 at 7:31 PM

C.O.E.X.I.S.T.

/stupid liberals

SouthernGent on September 29, 2011 at 7:32 PM

My prayers are with him.

Keep up the Faith, brother.

ColtsFan on September 29, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Martyr.

Christien on September 29, 2011 at 7:32 PM

So,Iran and JihadyGoons are still in the 3RD Century!!

Me thinks a good ole’fashion “Crusade” would help!

But wait,there IS a Warrior-In-Chief just itching for a
WAR,er,wait,I mean’t a Political War,as Class-Warrior-In-
Chief,Political Progressive Hopey The Great Crusader!!

Ugh….so sorry,I mixed up Iran with America!!!!
(snark).

canopfor on September 29, 2011 at 7:32 PM

The Religion of the Sword is polishing its scimitar.

The Muslim death penalty for Christianity reminds we why I still hate the Muslims.

Another reason to vote for Cain who will not pick insane monsters to serve in his cabinet.

jimw on September 29, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Praying tonite for this courageous man and his family.

“The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church.”

entropent on September 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

- Obi-Wan Kenobi

SoulGlo on September 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Prayers going up now.

Mary in LA on September 29, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Interesting,the Roman Colesium has been moved to Iran!

canopfor on September 29, 2011 at 7:36 PM

All the more reason to cover this endlessly. Keep the spotlight on them. It may be the only weapon Nadarkhani has.

Esthier on September 29, 2011 at 7:37 PM

God be with you, Yusuf, and your family. God please bless and give them Your faith to deal with this. Millions have died for what their faith said they do. The sad fact, all over the world, where the rop type are, Christians and Jews die. You either submit or die. Our home will not submit. I have a hard time thinking that a faith says, you do it our way or the highway.
L

letget on September 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM

So much for peaceful Islam

Kini on September 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Luke 6: 22,23
And, ahhhh, the Reward !
Stay strong, brother !!

pambi on September 29, 2011 at 7:41 PM

You will be in my prayers.

God be with you.

portlandon on September 29, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Filed in: Iran | 12:12 PM Sep. 29, 2011
Baptist Press – Pastor again refuses to recant as pressure builds on Iran to halt execution
By Michael Foust, SBCBaptistPress.org Iran is under increasing pressure from leaders around the world to halt the execution of Iranian pastor Yousef
===========================

The American Center for Law and Justice

canopfor on September 29, 2011 at 7:42 PM

So much for peaceful Islam

Kini on September 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Kini:Amen on that,le ugh:)

canopfor on September 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I would hope I would be as strong as this brother.
I hope I will be as strong as this brother.

mimi1220 on September 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Allah!

This sounds a lot like Abdul Rahman

Afghan Christian sentenced to death a few years back for apostasy.

But frees at the last minute — by INSANITY. You see, to believe in Jesus over Islam means you are insane.

Incredible…..

highway64 on September 29, 2011 at 7:44 PM

If we let them destroy Israel then maybe they will like us.

pedestrian on September 29, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Prayers to this man, and his family, and all who are working hard to free him.

Such devotion, bravery, and courage are all things we all should strive for, and look up to.

capejasmine on September 29, 2011 at 7:46 PM

My prayers are with him.

Keep up the Faith, brother.

Amen! I am involved in organizations that help out the Iranian house churches and my family makes donations for things they need and just for general support. I heard about Pastor Nadarkhani back a while ago. He has been in my prayers ever since.

Stay strong, brother. Your faith is a great testament for the Gospel.

I would not be surprised if the Iranian government is going to execute him out of fear of the house churches. There has been an explosion of church growth in Iran recently. The same with India and China. It is amazing and humbling to think about the strength of these Christians’ faith in the face of such horrible persecutions.

- Obi-Wan Kenobi

This is very true!

Shogun144 on September 29, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Praying for asylum to the U.S….to an area where he can be safe from jihadists.

theotherone on September 29, 2011 at 7:50 PM

C.O.E.X.I.S.T.

/stupid liberals

SouthernGent on September 29, 2011 at 7:32 PM

The pathetic hipster naifs who drive around with those things stuck to their cars congratulate themselves on their appreciation of nuance, man.

Cicero43 on September 29, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Shogun144 on September 29, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Will you please share how we can help, contribute ?
That’s not against any rules, here, is it ??

pambi on September 29, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Update from Iran on Christian Pastor Youcef Facing Imminent Execution for his Faith
Sept 24,2011
*************

A close personal friend of Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani, the Christian pastor in Iran sentenced to death for his faith – a sentence that could be carried out as early as Wednesday – appeared on the Jordan Sekulow Show, to provide an update on Pastor Youcef’s situation. Listen below to Firouz Sadegh-Khandjani, a Member of the Council of Elders for the Church of Iran and a close personal friend of Pastor Youcef, as he provides a personal update on Pastor Youcef’s plight from Iran.
==================

Speaker of the House of Representatives John Boehner also released the following statement calling for Pastor Youcef’s release:
************************************************************

Religious freedom is a universal human right. The reports that Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani will be sentenced to death by the Iranian government unless he disavows his Christian faith are distressing for people of every country and creed. While Iran’s government claims to promote tolerance, it continues to imprison many of its people because of their faith. This goes beyond the law to an issue of fundamental respect for human dignity. I urge Iran’s leaders to abandon this dark path, spare Yousef Nadarkhani’s life, and grant him a full and unconditional release.

Press Release:

====================================

canopfor on September 29, 2011 at 7:52 PM

For a “religion of peace”………you would think that they would see the value in those willing to be martyred for their faith.

mmmmmm, not so much.

Blessed are those that perish in the name of the Lord.

I hope he sees the God of his faith like Stephen did before him 2,000 years ago.

PappyD61 on September 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Just think how the world (and American liberals) would scream if Christians decided to execute a Muslim Imam (simply for his faith with no crime involved.) but since a Christian is dying-almost unanimous silence.Hell, American liberals would scream if the Imam had committed multi-crimes, including canceling an entire U.S. city.

MaiDee on September 29, 2011 at 7:55 PM

These Islmaists are the embodiment of the essence of evil.

They are vile and murderous scum, and no one is safe so long as one of these evil sub-humans is alive.

I hope AllahP is right and these bloody murderers are just engaging in more ghastly political theater. Having failed to intimidate the man, can they afford to put him to death and prove that his faith is greater than their capacity to intimidate? Much is at stake for them now, because their capacity to advance the evil of Islam depends on their ability to strike fear into the hearts of others. Will they just salvage what they can by portraying themselves as magnanimous because they didn’t actually murder him? Or, having gone this far, will they fear that showing a pretense of mercy will reveal them for the evil, cowardly weaklings they are?

When will the world recognize these beasts in human form for what they are, recoil in horror at their monstrous evil, and set about destroying them? For destroy them we must, if we are ever to live in peace as free men and women.

novaculus on September 29, 2011 at 7:56 PM

The Tweets,from MSM,and Blogs,State Department(More……)
===========================================================

http://inagist.com/search?q=White House

canopfor on September 29, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Will you please share how we can help, contribute ?
That’s not against any rules, here, is it ??

Certainly. Some of the best are Gospel For Asia, Voice of the Martyrs (especially the Bibles Unbound effort), and Open Doors.

Shogun144 on September 29, 2011 at 7:59 PM

The Religion of the Sword is polishing its scimitar.

AS Christians, we are taught not to hate (certainly not to murder) but I can’t stop hating these dreadful, evil, vile people. They want to kill us all.

chai on September 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM

My gosh if iran let those three ‘hikers who lost their way going into their country’ go and then came back and immediately slammed the US for everything, why would they not let this pastor and family go? People who have no faith can not imagine how we of faith feel. You can not see God, you can not hear God, you can not touch God, but we believe in God with faith and trust.
L

letget on September 29, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Praying tonite for this courageous man and his family.

“The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church.”

entropent on September 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM

indeed!!!

AH_C on September 29, 2011 at 8:05 PM

ROPMA. We should sink that Iranian ship that’s supposed to be off our coast pretty soon in retaliation.

sbvft contributor on September 29, 2011 at 8:05 PM

“This is none of our business!!!” – Ron Paul

jp on September 29, 2011 at 8:09 PM

chai on September 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Not all Muslims are Islamists. Some Muslims reject the brutality and bigotry of Islam. Of course, that puts them outside the mainstream of their faith, and puts them at risk of being declared apostates themselves. But they do exist, and I daresay they constitute the majority of Muslims in this country.

I don’t hate Islamists, any more than I would hate a rabid animal. I just recognize them for the threat they pose to all the rest of us. I understand that there is but one way to deal with them.

novaculus on September 29, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I once knew a man who, when he was a new Christian, told a friend, “I don’t know if I could die for Him.” The friend said, “He’s not asking you to die for Him. He’s asking you to live for Him.”

I pray God’s intercession for this brother. But, if Christ asks this man to die for Him….He’ll be there, right by his side.

May God’s mercy rest upon Pastor Nadarkhani and his family.

tgharris on September 29, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Gross incompetents Barack Hussein Obama and Hillary Clinton allowed Hitler wannabe Ahmadinejad into the United States last week in the face of this outrage – without saying boo.

Basilsbest on September 29, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Iran’s real enemy is not Nadarkhani, the house churches, Christianity, the White House, Britain or the EU.

It is the spirit of God working in the hearts of men who would have normally recanted under such preasure.

shick on September 29, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Islam is a roach-motel-like gang. You can check in, but you can never leave. And the non-Muslims, they’re dirt.

Paul-Cincy on September 29, 2011 at 8:12 PM

If they are good true Muslims they will kill him. This is not some regime whim, it is the law of the god Allah (Satan)as delivered to Mohammed. It isn’t for modification. If they spare him they will have to come up with a lie to trick Allah (not too difficult,you can trick Allah at interest charges in sharia financing, Allah sucks at math). This is Shia Islam, not Dinnerjacket and his puppeteer.

BL@KBIRD on September 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

God bless you, sir, and thank you for your strong faith and courage.

Missy on September 29, 2011 at 8:16 PM

God Himself will save this man. This won’t go forward.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2011 at 8:27 PM

May the Lord be with him and strengthen him.

They’re not the first tyrants to think like this. Someone needs to tell him that it usually doesn’t work out that way.

INC on September 29, 2011 at 8:29 PM

him s/b them

INC on September 29, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Paul-Cincy on September 29, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Maybe we should use this moment as a compare and contrast. This man will be spared.

However, is there any other ‘faith’ on Earth that calls for human sacrifice for not worshipping a chosen diety?

Well, perhaps that’s what’s wrong with islam.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Praying tonite for this courageous man and his family.

“The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church.”

entropent on September 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Amen. May he be a witness of Christ to them even in his death.

29Victor on September 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM

I would like to share your optimism, however cautious, but I can’t. Being an infidel is different from being an apostate. I hope your optimism is borne out, AP.

DrMagnolias on September 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Praying for asylum to the U.S….to an area where he can be safe from jihadists.

theotherone on September 29, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I doubt he’d want it.

I once heard of a Chinese Christian who faced intense persecution. When asked how American Christian could pray for him, he basically said not to pray the the persecution ends, but that they’d have the strength to face it.

CurtZHP on September 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Convert or die. Religion is weird.

ronsfi on September 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM

The LORD Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

he leadeth me beside the still waters. Rev. 7.17
3 He restoreth my soul:

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:

thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

tom0508 on September 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Prayers going up now.

Mary in LA on September 29, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Like to think I’d stand firm.

Like to think that.

chai on September 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I’m convinced now, in my old age, that God hates sin with all the hatred a father could muster for a needle of heroine emptying into his young daughter. I don’t think hate is wrong anymore. I think, now, hating things God loves is wrong. Like hating people.

But since typing “there’s nothing wrong with hate” will result in a rail-gun of accusations, not about what I meant, but about all the horrible things I might have meant if I meant any of them—I’ll just drop it here.

Axe on September 29, 2011 at 8:42 PM

*** DOH! It sounded like I was taking issue with your “I can’t stop hating these people” clause—I actually wasn’t! I was saying that I think it’s ok to hate evil. I know it is not the easiest thing to sort actions from people acting—this world absolutely has monsters in it. And I didn’t mean to even address that part of your post!

My apologies chai. It wasn’t my intention to judge your heart. I’m in the trench digging department, not management :)

Damn.

English.

Axe on September 29, 2011 at 8:49 PM

chai on September 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Psalm 139

It is fine to hate what the Lord hates, as did David.

pambi on September 29, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Convert or die. Religion is weird.

ronsfi on September 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Nah. That only applies to islam. The faith of Louis Farrakhan, Re-rend Wright and …………..

OMG! snotObama!

I love Kid Rock.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Convert or die. Religion is weird.ronsfi on September 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM

What’s weird is that you would not notice that the death penalty for apostasy is unique to Islam – which isn’t really a religion but a political system posing as a religion.

Basilsbest on September 29, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Oh. Wow.

I posted that song on the wrong link. Oh, man. I’m sorry. Wow, I stink on ice.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I’m confused. Just this morning NPR spent 10 minutes on a story about how wrong the FBI was to teach its agents that Muslim’s were violent and that in fact it was a peaceful religion. NPR even interviewed experts that assured NPR listeners that only a small minority of Muslim’s were extremists.

Surely NPR couldn’t have been spreading misinformation?

Over50 on September 29, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Psalm 139

It is fine to hate what the Lord hates, as did David.

I remember when I came to this realization doing a Bible study with my Mom. Understanding what righteous hate is and practicing it can be difficult, at least as I understand. Much the same way as with righteous anger, which tends to confound many people.

Shogun144 on September 29, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Surely NPR couldn’t have been spreading misinformation?

Over50 on September 29, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Thank you, I needed a laugh.

May God bless Nadarkhani and all of the Christians being persecuted all over the world, from Indonesia to China through the Mid-East to New York, Detroit, Chicago and San Francisco.

CrazyGene on September 29, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Don’t the Iranians know, where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more. Even if they don’t read Saint Paul’s epistles they should still read history and see that everywhere there has been cruel persecution of Christians, there was a great flourishing of the Faith. I have great hope then for the Middle East and China. If this man is martyred he will become a great advocate for the faithful, greatly increasing them.

Goldenavatar on September 29, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Even if they release him, he won’t last a year. We won’t even know it happened.

a capella on September 29, 2011 at 9:28 PM

perhaps he could garner more sympathy in the west if he’d just kill a law enforcement officer after pistol whipping a vagrant in a fast food parking lot.

all sorts of barbarism and criminality is tolerated- and shamelessly used- by the radical left as long as it’s perpetrated by the protected classes of leftist pets.

tell me, who in hollywood or from some godless totalitarian state is going to swoop in to save this man as happened with those moron hikers?

mittens on September 29, 2011 at 9:30 PM

chai on September 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Psalm 139

It is fine to hate what the Lord hates, as did David.

pambi on September 29, 2011 at 8:52 PM

So glad you got that into one sentence. Thanks pampi.

Axe on September 29, 2011 at 9:40 PM

“But what does it say? ‘The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart’ (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.” -Romans 10:8-10

Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani’s testimony here beautifully displays the context of this passage as written to the church in Rome. When told by the Roman officials to bow and worship Caesar, you had two options: give homage to Caesar or die. Confessing with one’s mouth that Jesus was Lord carried a death sentence.
This is a far cry from the American usage of this passage, which usually ties into praying a prayer one time in order to “get saved”.

Send_Me on September 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Paul-Cincy on September 29, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Non-Muslims aren’t dirt; non-Muslims are dead.

chai on September 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM

What irony the Iranians don’t get. The whole idea of martyrdom was the basis for Christianity. It’s like telling a glutton man, if he doesn’t stop eating, you’re going to throw him an all-you-can-eat buffet.

keep the change on September 29, 2011 at 9:50 PM

mmmmmm, not so much.

Blessed are those that perish in the name of the Lord.

PappyD61 on September 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Although I am praying for his release, I believe that if it comes to his execution, that many would see the value of his faith, if even a few would recognize it, and they would begin to seek Christ, the object of Nadarkhani’s faith.

Pazman on September 29, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Axe on September 29, 2011 at 8:42 PM

This is righteous anger you’re describing – it is not wrong.

citrus on September 29, 2011 at 10:02 PM

If the world stands against me, then I stand against the world.
-Athanasius

Our prayers are with you, brother.

parteagirl on September 29, 2011 at 10:15 PM

As a Christian, I pray for him, his family and pray that he will be spared.

As a Christian, I pray for the conversion of the Iranians from Satan’s false religion to the true faith and hope provided by a crucified and risen Christ, the Son of the Living God.

As a Christian, in the United States, as one of the “We the People” citizen rulers of this country, I call on my country to suppress, by whatever means necessary, up to and including incinerating the cities of those evil followers of the religion of Satan. Not out of hatred, but to preserve the freedoms and abilities of others throughout the world such that the rest of the world’s citizens all may “live peaceful and quiet lives in service to their Savior” or in observance of the faith of their own choice (or none) without the fear of oppression from those in countries like Iran who would enslave them against their conscience and by force.

Contradictory views? By no means, the role of myself as an individual is different than the role of the state. The state’s purpose is to ensure the safety of its citizens. In that role, the state needs to be making sure that those country’s that seek dominance over the rest of the world for the purpose of installing tyranny be suppressed in order to ensure the safety of its citizens. Iran and the Islamic caliphate it is attempting to spread, are an existential threat not only to countries near it, but throughout the world by its support of islamic terrorism. It’s time to recognize that existential threat and do something more than simply sending strongly worded letters or voting in sanctions that noone abides by.

AZfederalist on September 29, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Sick, twisted, perverted, demented, homicidal scumbags.

Dopenstrange on September 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM

This will make out resident atheists happy, no?

hawkdriver on September 29, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Basilsbest on September 29, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Excellent point. I forgot about that.

Dreadnought on September 29, 2011 at 11:45 PM

This is why the whole “nation building” thing is a HUGE farce.

Nuke ‘em, pave over the whole area to seal in the radiation, and put ractracks and amusement parks on it.

KMC1 on September 29, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Worth noting the vast difference between being a martyr for your Christian faith and being a martyr in Islam. Being a martyr in Islam somehow always seems to involve killing as many people as you can while you die.

Compare it to being a Christian martyr, and it feels like Islam has taken a noble concept and corrupted it into something truly vile.

Which seems remarkably … satanic.

Of course, the real meaning of the word martyr is “witness.” Someone who dies for doing nothing wrong at all, but for what he believes, makes a powerful witness to his faith. Which is probably why persecution tends to spread the Christian faith much faster than ease and comfort.

There Goes The Neighborhood on September 30, 2011 at 12:42 AM

If the people of that miserable, stinking country can’t rise up for their own freedom then the whole nasty place deserves a firestorm or a plague of biblical proportions.

Extrafishy on September 30, 2011 at 5:49 AM

Extrafishy on September 30, 2011 at 5:49 AM

Thomas Paine said, “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it.” Most of the world expects us to undergo the pains of supporting their freedom.

DrMagnolias on September 30, 2011 at 6:48 AM

If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Romans 14:8

balkanmom on September 30, 2011 at 9:59 AM

God Himself will save this man. This won’t go forward.

Key West Reader on September 29, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Amen!

Mary in LA on September 30, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I hope you are right!!! We’ll keep praying.
But, there are many Christians dying for the faith around the world.

balkanmom on September 30, 2011 at 1:08 PM

i kind of look for a ransom demand to appear.

abcurtis on September 30, 2011 at 1:33 PM

i have a facebook friend in Pakistan. he is a former Muslim who converted to Christianity. he and i talk about this sort of thing. he tells me how Christians are persecuted in that Islamic country and how there is absolutely no help for them from anybody. i explained to him that under our constitution, every person is guaranteed the free exercise of their religion, even Muslims. We do not execute Muslim clerics here. i think he’s still pondering over that one. He did tell me he thought Obama was wiser than Bush. I clued him in on some of the things Obama has done. He’s not so sure now.

abcurtis on September 30, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Axe on September 29, 2011 at 8:42 PM

you make an excellent point. proverbs chapter 6 outlines the things God hates. and that list is actions of people, not people themselves, as you stated.

abcurtis on September 30, 2011 at 1:45 PM

The Iranians are just following the Koran. It is what they are supposed to do, according to their ‘religion’.

I have always sworn that if the Devil had ever written a book, it was the Koran.

Badger40 on September 30, 2011 at 2:32 PM

abcurtis on September 30, 2011 at 1:40 PM

This is great, you befriending someone there.
Perhaps your small experience with grow into a larger one for many other Pakistanis.
Sometimes it is enough to discover there is something better out there, in order to cause monumental change.

Badger40 on September 30, 2011 at 2:34 PM

*pambi

Axe on October 1, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Iran has changed the charges from apostacy to rape, extortion and national security.

shick on October 3, 2011 at 12:07 PM