Al Qaeda warns Iran: Knock it off with the 9/11 conspiracy theories

posted at 9:20 pm on September 28, 2011 by Allahpundit

The inevitable follow-up to Ahmadinejad’s UN speech. I hate to see friends fight, but look on the bright side: I’m sure they both agree on the essential fraudulence of the Holocaust. Maybe that can be the common ground that heals the breach.

And so, 10 years after 9/11, it’s come to this. The new vanguard in the endless struggle against Trutherism is … Al Qaeda.

In the latest issue of the al Qaeda English-language magazine “Inspire”, an author appears to take offense to the “ridiculous” theory repeatedly spread by Ahmadinejad that the 9/11 terror attacks were actually carried out by the U.S. government in order to provide a pretext to invade the Middle East.

“The Iranian government has professed on the tongue of its president Ahmadinejad that it does not believe that al Qaeda was behind 9/11 but rather, the U.S. government,” an article reads. “So we may ask the question: why would Iran ascribe to such a ridiculous belief that stands in the face of all logic and evidence?”…

“For them, al Qaeda was a competitor for the hearts and minds of the disenfranchised Muslims around the world,” the article says. “Al Qaeda… succeeded in what Iran couldn’t. Therefore it was necessary for the Iranians to discredit 9/11 and what better way to do so? Conspiracy theories.”

That’s super, but AQ’s relationship with Iran is a lot more complicated than their propaganda would have you believe. I wonder if the tool who wrote that article realizes that and is simply pushing out standard anti-Shiite Wahhabist yammering or if he’s so low on the totem pole that he actually doesn’t know about the collusion at the top. Ah well, no matter. There is a point to this post — namely, revisiting the old but gold Onion video from a years ago that anticipated this surreal dispute. I’m pretty sure “Omar al-Farouq” has since been liquidated in a CIA drone strike. Enjoy.

9/11 Conspiracy Theories ‘Ridiculous,’ Al Qaeda Says

Comments

Dude. The Onion has come to life.

amerpundit on September 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Maybe they’ll blow each other up.

trigon on September 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM

When I first read this, it struck me as so funny.

I went over to the Huffington place just because I was curious to read the comments about it.
OH BOY…..try going to see. There are many about “al qaeda is CIA so of course they will blast iran”
I could not believe my eyes.
We are living in a mad, mad world.

bridgetown on September 28, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I love dropping that Onion piece randomly on leftist/conspiracy/Bush-hatin’ websites, they get positively apoplectic.

Jason Coleman on September 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM

That Onion skit is priceless.

lexhamfox on September 28, 2011 at 9:39 PM

The Onion,”A Den of Jackals,we have some common ground”!

Yup,its still a hoot!!

canopfor on September 28, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Bishop on September 28, 2011 at 9:40 PM

So,its about True-Believers over the True Believers!!
(sarc).

canopfor on September 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Truthers to say that Al Quada telling Imadinnerjacket to stop it with the 9/11 conspiracy theories is proof that the U.S. and AQ are in cohoots and caused 9/11 together in 5…4…3…2…

DethMetalCookieMonst on September 28, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Al Qaeda warns Iran: Knock it off with the 9/11 conspiracy theories

Winning headline of the year.

Paul-Cincy on September 28, 2011 at 9:47 PM

O/T
====

USS Cole:

Guantanamo tribunal for Yemen bombing suspect
28 September 2011 Last updated at 17:10 ET
**********************************************

US to restart Guantanamo trials
Guantanamo ‘locked up innocents’
USS Cole attack ‘plotter’ charged
**********************************

The prime suspect in the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole will face a military tribunal in Guantanamo Bay, US defence officials have said.
(More…..)

canopfor on September 28, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I don’t know about you guys but I just took my Bic lighter and tried to melt a steel I beam.
The science is settled!

Electrongod on September 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM

The science is settled!

Electrongod on September 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Electrongod:Yup:)
=====================

World Trade Center – Anatomy of the Collapse (2002) (1/4)
*********************************************************

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sep 11 – “Why the Towers Fell” – Nova PBS
(Full Video)
**************

The planes impact,blew off the fire protection,heated the trusses,
that kept the floors up,the truss attchment thingys,weaked and fai
led,the floors pan-caked one by one,after the above impact floors,
was now bearing 2/3′s of the weight,and as soon as the planes hit the Twin Towers were doomed,end of story!!:)

canopfor on September 28, 2011 at 10:03 PM

How would you like it if your biggest plan and victory in human history is not credited to you but as a the result of some convoluted plan of someone who was a target of you and have it be called a inside job. You’re side gets no credit and no martyrdom for those who died in the jihad.

tjexcite on September 28, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Nothing scarier then uneducated moron religious fanatics! The only thing scarier is uneducated, moronic religious fanatics with nukes! But why should I be worried about that, after all the left always say Iran is such a little country and they pose no threat!!

Oh and Islam is the religion of peace pieces!

The science is settled!
Electrongod on September 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Heh, I just lit a fart with my bic and it blew up my laptop, therefore I believe the US hid a secret flatulance ops unit (code named FLAT-U-TEAM6) in the Twin Towers to take it down…proving
9-11 was an inside job!!///

Liberty or Death on September 28, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Electrongod on September 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM

You are correct.

I just built a model of the Towers out using chicken wire for the frame and a 40% lead 60% tin mixture for the support joints.

When I took a propane torch to my model the support joints lost structural integrity melted but the outside structure was intact. Us enlightened people know fire can’t melt metal. And since my chicken wire frame was intact the buildings could not have fallen the way they did.

Below is another experiment using plastic trays and a hand (vs a building and an airplane) which proves a conspiracy.

/S

F15Mech on September 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Al Qaeda is just running interference for the Roasted Paulnuts and Alex Jones crowd. They are the only ones allowed to spread 9/11 Troofer conspiracy theories.

Ahmadinejad (pronounced “I’m A Nutjob”)is an amateut compared to Alex Jones.

pdigaudio on September 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Actually we’d be happy to help Al Qaeda get back to Iran with GPS coordinates and all.

antisocial on September 28, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Al Qaeda warns Iran: Knock it off with the 9/11 conspiracy theories

How come Rosie’s gotten a free pass all this time?

listens2glenn on September 28, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Onion Al Qaeda guy: “Talking to you is like talking to a goat.”
Hahahaha!

Author guy must be a lib. Finally something I can agree with from “Al Qaeda”.

IrishEyes on September 28, 2011 at 10:39 PM

The accompanying pic on the main page shows “Speak no evil”, but where are the other two monkeys? – Bishop

Thread winner!

Personally I think this is an idea we should help to further instigate. Let’s see how much ‘red on red’ we can get out of it.

Tony737 on September 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Charlie Sheen and Rosie O’Donnell hardest hit.

mizflame98 on September 28, 2011 at 11:53 PM

These idiots, or as they are known in Islamic circles ..”geniuses”, have killed more Muslims than the rest of the world could manage in decades.
They are like the Roach Hotel of the Muslim world.

pat on September 29, 2011 at 2:21 AM

BAD LINK ALERT!!! OH, OH, OH, whatever will I do?

Seriously, the link no workee.

oldleprechaun on September 29, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Cc: Van Jones

hungrymongo on September 29, 2011 at 7:02 AM

DUmmies are saying the same thing as the HuffingAndPuffing Post: Al Qaeda=CIA

NoFanofLibs on September 29, 2011 at 8:47 AM

DethMetalCookieMonst on September 28, 2011 at 9:43 PM

You forgot Mossad…

Veterans Today

Athanasius on September 29, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Look at it from AQ’s point of view. The A’jad allegation suggests that a group of Saudis and Pakistanis who were known to be AQ operatives were working for the US government.

Of course AQ wants this jocularity shut down.

J.E. Dyer on September 29, 2011 at 12:03 PM