Video: Hitler and America’s holocaust

posted at 6:15 pm on September 27, 2011 by Tina Korbe

When I clicked “play” on this video and saw that it was more than 30 minutes long, I thought I’d just watch the first few minutes and then move on. But once I started, I couldn’t stop. It’s one of the most gripping pieces I’ve ever encountered. But be forewarned: It contains graphic images and explores powerful ideas. Watching it was a very emotional experience for me and I suspect it might be for others, also.

Abortion is the one issue about which I can never see shades of gray. The legal questions surrounding the issue might be complex, but, as Ray Comfort says in the video, Adolf Hitler didn’t do anything legally wrong. What he did was morally wrong — and, somehow, some way, nearly everyone knows that.

We’re in a profound state of denial about the most fundamental flaw in our society, about our disregard for the sanctity of human life. But, with education, the scales fall from our eyes and we see abortion for what it is. Future generations will be utterly shocked, heartbroken and angry that we allowed this holocaust to happen under the protection of law, the pretense of choice and the fear of appearing intolerant or judgmental. How have we let this happen? More than 50 million precious, innocent babies …

All that’s necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

In Illinois obama was the senator who blocked the implementation of a law that said if a baby was born alive of a “botched” abortion the Dr had to try and save it’s life. In fact he wanted to let the “born alive baby” be placed in a closet until it died. A nurse testified in the Illinois congress, against obama, that she held a baby in her arms until it died. She was heartbroken.

Bambi on September 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM

We certainly are finding out who the liberaltarians are around here.

Rebar on September 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM

You can’t shoot Hitler before he’s done something to warrant it. It would be murder.

Abortion for rape and life of the mother is acceptable because pregnancy is dangerous to a woman. (among many other factors) The baby doesn’t have a right to put a woman in danger who didn’t conceive it through voluntary actions. Self defense is the among the most important rights anyone has, and a woman’s right to self defense trumps a babies right to hurt her by its presence. Police would shoot the driver of a car attempting to speed through a crowd of people if their brakes failed but they insisted on hitting bystanders all along the way instead of veering off course. What a world of anarchy we would have if women were forced to carry a rapists baby! Carrying a baby to term should be insisted on when voluntary behavior resulted in the pregnancy.

scotash on September 27, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Problem is that the mothers life is not in danger in 99 percent of abortions.

terryannonline on September 27, 2011 at 7:30 PM

@rebar libertarians irk me just as much as liberals.

terryannonline on September 27, 2011 at 7:31 PM

As with all of society’s ills, it boils down to one issue: What will you do with the Christ of God.

maynila on September 27, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Very powerful and sobering. Thank you, Tina.

princetrumpet on September 27, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Thanks for posting this, Tina.

mikeyboss on September 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM

scotash on September 27, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I understand the emotional difficulty surrounding a child conceived by rape, but how many women do you imagine become pregnant through rape? There are not that many. In fact it is a tiny, tiny percentage of all pregnancies. You are becoming a bit hysterical here.

NotCoach on September 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM

No, Allah posts atheism garbage.

flyfisher on September 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Mainly just trolls for site hits with Palin posts and trolls for site htis with his “I’m the reasonable moderate on this site” routine.

SirGawain on September 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM

In the same way, even if you don’t think abortion and Hitler’s holocaust are morally equivalent, bringing Hitler into the discussion establishes a base case where more people should have stood up for what was morally right and makes you think about abortion in that same context of what is morally right.

willamettevalley on September 27, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Here’s where it’s primarily different.

He has a part here where he says hitler killed kids with downs syndrome; then asks if its okay to kill babies with downs syndrome.

Yes, I think the parent should have the choice to abort that child or keep it. No, I don’t think some third party should make that choice for you.

That’s part of the fundamental problem in how he’s framing the discussion.

lorien1973 on September 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Of course you do. You were ordered to. Have you committed a sin?

Opposite Day on September 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM

You should read the Bible more.

SirGawain on September 27, 2011 at 7:36 PM

That’s part of the fundamental problem in how he’s framing the discussion.

lorien1973 on September 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Not even parents have the moral authority to choose life or death for their children.

NotCoach on September 27, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Problem is that the mothers life is not in danger in 99 percent of abortions.

terryannonline on September 27, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Not even close.
But you see, liberals want to use the exception and make it the rule. Now I can’t apply “the board of education to the seat of wisdom” on my children because it is “abuse”.

maynila on September 27, 2011 at 7:36 PM

In the video, it shows that the abortion services can be paid for using a “Medi-Cal” card.

That is California’s state version of Medicaid, which is funded through not only state coffers, but federal dollars as well. The lie that abortion is not paid for by tax dollars is grossly transparent.

So, Ray Comfort……Isn’t EVERY taxpayer in California and other states that allow tax dollars to subside abortion(like New York and others)GUILTY of the deaths of unborn babies as well?

Are we not all culpable? Doesn’t that even include you Ray since you pay taxes?

Opposite Day on September 27, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Are we not all culpable? Doesn’t that even include you Ray since you pay taxes?

Opposite Day on September 27, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Yes, we are all culpable. Anymore straw men?

NotCoach on September 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 7:13 PM

You still seem completely clueless about the video which is why I suggested you watch it. The point of the video isn’t merely to educate people about the holocaust, and it is not claiming that the holocaust was a singular event and nothing else like it has ever happened. It is the launching point for the discussion. The interviews that Comfort does lead the participants through a series of logical and very thought-provoking questions.

By refusing to watch it, you are missing out on a great discussion, and you keep posting comments irrelevant to the video.

willamettevalley on September 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM

scotash on September 27, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I’d love to see you say that to someone’s face that was a baby carried to term from rape. Condemn that person to their face if you have the guts.

SirGawain on September 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 6:30 PM.

You watched a few minutes and decided that Tina is “young, … led a sheltered life, (is) poorly educated in world history”, and has a “poor grasp of reality”.

You are an amazing human being, Mr. Recluse, for having judged Tina’s character and education from watching 1/10th of the video she offered.

Truly an amazing individual.

Tell me, seeing that I watched the full 33 minutes and, like Tina, found it well done and “gripping”, what does this suggest to you about my character when you also take into account that I’m not young (61), have not led a sheltered life, am well educated, and have a good grasp of reality?

Looking forward to your astute observation of what I’m sure, will be my many shortcomings.

Rod on September 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 6:30 PM.

Truly an amazing individual.

Rod on September 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Oh, and Tina – thank you very much for posting this. I’m sharing it now.

Rod on September 27, 2011 at 7:42 PM

@rebar libertarians irk me just as much as liberals.

terryannonline on September 27, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Agreed, but liberals pretending to be libertarians? The worst.

Rebar on September 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Interesting video. Thanks Tina.

gh on September 27, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Rod on September 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I find that I am unable to let this discussion go.

I don’t know you, nor do I know anything about you, or your shortcomings. It would be presumptuous of me to presume anything about you.

This video we are discussing, is a disgusting bit of propaganda, on many levels, and if you were moved by it, then, sir, you are an idiot.

It is my belief, that when a civilization reaches the point where mothers begin to kill their own babies, that civilization will eventually be over run by another. It’s simple demographics. Further, when a society becomes so immoral, and so corrupt that mother are allowed to kill their own babies, that society is doomed to destruction.

But pay no attention, you have already concluded that since I did not watch that disgusting piece of propaganda that I am the ignorant one.

Since we are agreed, then, that abortion is a repulsive thing, that parents who view their offspring as a burden are self indulgent, would you be so kind as to enlighten me over my many shortcomings, given your good education, long life, and grasp of reality?

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Wouldn’t it be great if the unborn could defend themselves? Think of the impact that would have on the number of doctors willing to do abortion.

Blue Collar Todd on September 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I was riveted…..

kringeesmom on September 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I watched the whole thing and I agree with you that it’s propaganda but I did not find it disgusting.

Why do you believe that?

gh on September 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Libertarian atheist here.

Well done video, hits the mark exactly where it needs. Doesn’t change my view, but then again I’m already anti-abortion.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM

SirGawain on September 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM

And yet you keep reading, SG, day after day after day. Do you do that with TV shows too? You watch the first season, say, and decide that the show sucks, but then feel obliged to watch the next five seasons?

It’s a great big bubbly Internet. Find a site that’s less “reasonable” and “moderate” and be happy.

Allahpundit on September 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Allahpundit on September 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Hey Allah. Did you watch the video?

gh on September 27, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Hey Allah. Did you watch the video?

gh on September 27, 2011 at 8:06 PM

No, half an hour is too long to clear during the workday, unfortunately. Maybe later, although having a host other than Ray Comfort would help.

Allahpundit on September 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I’m going to assume that your assertion that you in fact DID NOT watch the video, is true.

Therefore, you are indeed, logically and truthfully, the ignorant one; especially when discussing the nature or content of the video in question.

I suggest you cede the point, watch the video, or surrender the discussion.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Allahpundit on September 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

It’s worth the time.

I noticed the remarks above about Comfort and I wonder if he’s a hypocrite or sincere. If the latter then it’s a remarkable piece of film. I doubt it could be made in Europe. Too difficult to find so many believers.

gh on September 27, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Why do you believe that?

gh on September 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM

It’s disgusting because it’s manipulative. It hits people’s emotional hot buttons to advance a point of view. It’a the favorite tactic of a wanna be cult leader. Demonize the other point of view. It’s right out of Alinsky.

Too many who are repulsed by abortion gloss over this type of video because it re-enforces the conclusions they already hold. So you sit there and nod your head, like an unthinking bobble head toy.

Would it be presumptuous of me to assume there was a request for a monetary donation at the end? Perhaps a link to a web site?

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Allahpundit on September 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Looked at your link. If you’ve got another half hour you might check out Peter Robinson’s Uncommon Knowledge interview series with David Berlinski. It was on NRO a few weeks ago (a month more-or-less). His arguments against Dawkins are pretty solid … and they are not based on Design.

gh on September 27, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Comparing Planned Parenthood to Hitlers final solution to the Jewish problem?

Quoting:

The Birth Control Review” was Margaret Sanger’s magazine and the immediate predecessor to the “Planned Parenthood Review“. Sanger commissioned Dr. Ernst Rudin, director of the Nazi Medical Experimentation program and also founder of the Nazi Society for Racial Hygiene to write for the Review. In 1933, the Review published Rudin’s article; “Eugenic Sterilization: An Urgent Need“, (Birth Control Review, April, 1933, p. 102.)

The above quoted from page 92 from the book Grand Illusions; the Legacy of Planned Parenthood by George Grant, published by Wolgemuth & Hyatt, Brentwood, TN, 1988. ISBN 0-943494-08-6. The book is out of print but available on Amazon.

You might also want to research the “T-4″ program of the Third Reich at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_T4. Additional information is also available at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadamar_Clinic

You might also see if you can find a copy of Selling murder : the killing films of the Third Reich

From that site:

“Summary:
“A look at one way in which Nazi Germany worked to eliminate the weak and purify the Aryan race by killing or sterilizing mentally and physically disabled people. Shows propaganda films intended to justify and gain public support for their actions.”

Cleansing civilization of “inferior races” and “human weeds” was one of the causes that attracted the NAZI’s and Margaret Sanger to each other. However, once WW2 began, Sanger had to back-pedal in an effort to distance herself and her organization from the Nazi’s. The Useful Idiots were more than happy to help.

If you’re seriously interested in the Sanger/Hitler connection, read Grant’s book.

And finally, if you wish to read about Christians who stood against Hitler, the NAZI’s, and “eugenics” crowd, I would strongly commend to you, Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas. It’s also available on Amazon.

oldleprechaun on September 27, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 8:16 PM

It would be an incorrect assumption.

My question about the video is whether it real or staged. I am not familiar with Ray Comfort and Allah’s link had nothing to make me believe he’s a hypocrite.

gh on September 27, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I suggest you cede the point, watch the video, or surrender the discussion.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM

No, I will not cede the point. I ‘know’ what was in the video, without having to watch, because I ‘know’ what kind of video it is. I don’t have to put my hand in an open fire to ‘know’ that it will burn me.

As far as surrendering the discussion goes, I recognize a hopeless case. No one will be persuaded here. Have a nice day.

I Guess that means you win….

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM

What do you think was in the video?

I’ve seen much worse propaganda from the anti-Jihadis.

gh on September 27, 2011 at 8:24 PM

That’s interesting. You certainly had no problems making presumptions about Tina.

I certainly hope that not because she’s a young woman.

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM

It will be my pleasure to an “educated” guess:

Taking into consideration that:

1: You, Tina, and I all agree that abortion is abhorrent
2: We also agree that a culture that allows such a thing is debased
3: That the video agrees with 1 & 2
4: Yet you think it’s a “disgusting bit of propaganda” even though you agree with its basic premise regarding the sanctity of life
5: And you say I’m “an idiot” for being moved by the video’s treatment of 1 & 2

Well, then, considering the above, I’m left wondering who the real idiot is here?

Enlighten me again as to how it’s me.

Rod on September 27, 2011 at 8:33 PM

GO FOR IT ALISHA! Accept Christ Honey He loves you!!!

Dork B. on September 27, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Many of these confused souls are making the same arguments as Hitler’s henchmen. We have again entered a period of moral darkness as frightening as the one that existed in 1930s Germany. God help us.

rplat on September 27, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I Guess that means you win….

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM

He’s left. Oh well. Not surprised.

Where does a Recluse go? Is he a recluse because he want’s to be? Or because no one can stand to be around him?

Just wondering. He could be loving, wonderful husband and father with loads of friends and admirers … or not.

Rod on September 27, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Allahpundit on September 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Maybe he likes Ed’s posts? It’s not all about you, AP. :)

Good Solid B-Plus on September 27, 2011 at 8:43 PM

No, you don’t “know” what is in the video. You only assume you know.

I can present you with any number of fires which WILL NOT burn you, I can even present you a fire that will cool you off. You could hold a lump of burning carbon disulfide and even rub it on your face without burning yourself. I don’t recommend it for other reasons, but it won’t burn you. See how your ignorance works against you??

The video is NOT an equivocation between The Holocaust and abortion. There is some borrowed language and there is a comparison for the purpose of pursuing a logical proof, but it is not an equivocation by any means.

The video consists of an examination, a few logical proofs some validation of those proofs, then a religious proof. The remarkable point of the video is the manner in which the narrator forces the interviewee to construct and then validate the logical proofs.

The logical proofs are valid, truthful and useful. Despite the religious proof (the validity of which I’ll leave for the faithful) the video is very good, and not nearly as propagandistic as you assert.

Watch the video or cede the point.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Allahpundit on September 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Well, I can tell you Skandia Recluse wouldn’t do that. He’d watch the first 5 seconds, decide it’s crap, then throw a beer through the screen so he couldn’t possibly see it again.

He’d then tell everyone within shouting distance that the entire season is crap and they’re idiots for watching it.

(I’ve only done this during Olberman and the first episode of Glee)

Rod on September 27, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Talk about godwin’s law. This is why social conservatives are not real right-wingers. They want the state to enforce their version of morality on everybody else. Just like any statist would. And they sink to the same lows as the left does, invoking “nazi” or “holocaust” to give them some moral authority. Al Gore has company.

An animal is so much more sentient than some tiny fetus, yet we load them onto trains, stuff them into slaughterhouses and kill them by the hundreds of millions every year. That is much more apt analogy to the holocaust, yet social conservatives have no empathy for that and mock the analogy. So I have no sympathy for their faux abortion outrage.

Besides, if they really believed abortion was murder, then they should go to the nearest abortion clinic and physically stop it until they are dragged away by the police. But they don’t. Evidently avoiding arrest is more important to them than saving someone from “America’s holocaust”. The fact is, they don’t really believe what they say they believe.

keep the change on September 27, 2011 at 9:01 PM

If abortion is murder, what punishment is appropriate for the young girls who commit it?

Can’t have a law without a punishment for breaking it. It violates the concept of the rule of law.

I ask Tina specifically.

apollyonbob on September 27, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Put the sanctions on the providers, and the harshest sanctions on those who also damage the mother (further) via unsafe conditions and methods.

aikidoka on September 27, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Why stop at abortion? Go further in this nonsense and consider the egg the women passes every month that was not fertilized, who’s fault is it that this holy egg has been considered waste? What about the man’s side? When he wastes his sperm and does not fertilize an egg? This conversation goes quickly to the idiotic in a hurry. There are arguments to both sides of this and the man speaking in the film clip keeps talking until he gets the person to agree with him. No standard was set as to when the combinations of human cells becomes a baby, is it as soon as fertilization? Two weeks? three months? As soon as the baby starts breathing? We can go on and on here until the writer or speaker gets their way of thinking. Many countries consider pregnancy a medical case until birth. Emotions are high with babies in both the human form as well as other animals here on the earth.

mixplix on September 27, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Except for the ignoramuses in the video’s beginning (“wasn’t he an actor…?”).
Thank you for posting this powerful video, Tina!

itsnotaboutme on September 27, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Allahpundit on September 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM

You’re terrible at this analogy stuff. I can like a show even if some of the characters on that show make me roll my eyes.

SirGawain on September 27, 2011 at 9:07 PM

keep the change on September 27, 2011 at 9:01 PM

If somone needs to watch this ENTIRE video, it’s you.

You complain about the comparison between Hitler and Abortion.

Then you compare human to animal sentience AT VASTLY DIFFERENT LIFE STAGES, and assign superiority.

The logical failing there is legendary.

—————————–

Watch the video, it won’t hurt you, then comment on it. It’s actually a quite remarkable presentation of some logical proofs. There’s some around the edges that could be dispensed with, but it’s a very valid argument he forces people to present to themselves and solve.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Maybe he likes Ed’s posts? It’s not all about you, AP. :)

Good Solid B-Plus on September 27, 2011 at 8:43 PM

In poker, I think that’s called a “tell”.

SirGawain on September 27, 2011 at 9:12 PM

mixplix on September 27, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Likewise, you should watch the video. You’ve made some false assumptions in your statement that would resolve themselves for you if you watched the video.

Then perhaps you wouldn’t offer such a stupid argument as you tried with the egg.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM

keep the change on September 27, 2011 at 9:01 PM

A human being is a human being is a human being. There is no gray area when it comes to the sanctity of life. We are sometimes forced to make choices counter to our moral imperatives, such as taking the life of a person intent upon doing us harm. But that choice is forced upon us by the person who chose to threaten our safety. What choice is an unborn child making?

We are not cattle. If this canard makes you feel comfortable with the fact that you are just as culpable as the rest of us for perpetuating the slaughter of unborn innocents, then so be it. But to compare us to cattle is outrageous to say the least. The fact you cannot see this says something profound about you.

I have no answer for this. I do believe we are all culpable for this atrocity even if we do not support it. And perhaps God will judge me harshly for not being active enough in trying to stop it. But thanks for pretending to know what I really believe. It is duly noted.

NotCoach on September 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM

mixplix on September 27, 2011 at 9:04 PM

It only becomes idiotic when you act idiotic. Can a sperm or egg alone be called a human being? When you spend two seconds thinking about that maybe you’ll understand how idiotic your point is.

NotCoach on September 27, 2011 at 9:15 PM

keep the change on September 27, 2011 at 9:01 PM

When a cow has the capability to become a human being within 6 to 9 months, we can talk.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 27, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Tina,

Thank you very much for posting this.

Praise God for his work through Ray Comofort and others.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Should couples who undergo invitro fertilization be prosecuted for mass murder?

Think of all the embryos (babies) that are being left to die.

Have the pro-lifers picketed those clinics yet with their moving posters?

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 9:26 PM

So you’re admitting here that you haven’t watched the video, correct?

Otherwise you wouldn’t be offering the invalid argument.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 9:29 PM

I cannot believe that people don’t know of the absolute evil of Hitler, Lenin, Stalin.

Chip on September 27, 2011 at 6:25 PM

It is sad. Who is at fault? Parents, schools, government?

But they weren’t absolutely evil. Sure they were very evil but they could have been even worse. I can image Hitler seeing young blond boys playing in the street and kicking a ball back to them. He could have been worse.

The better question is why do we think we are any better than Hitler in God’s eyes when we have broken so many of his laws (sin) on our own?

shick on September 27, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on September 27, 2011 at 9:18 PM

So your objection to abortion, is not that it is cruel and inhumane – because if it was you would be a vegetarian – but that abortion is wrong only because it terminates unrealized potential? So you must be opposed to masturbation as well. You can’t have it both ways. The holocaust was immoral because it was inhumane. Soldiers also died by the millions but nobody thinks that is wrong. Presumably because they were not executed. So if the execution of trapped and innocent sentient entities is wrong, and it is, why then are you not a vegetarian? Because animals are subhuman, so they don’t feel pain or fear? They do. So how can you justify it? The Nazis felt the Jews were also subhuman, and thus it was not morally wrong to them, either.

You can’t have it both ways.

keep the change on September 27, 2011 at 9:36 PM

So you’re admitting here that you haven’t watched the video, correct?

Proud to.

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 9:36 PM

you are posting Ray Comfort videos now? Banana man? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Damn Tina, when will they allow you to posts stories of any significance and not just fluff?

thphilli on September 27, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Ray Comfort is wonderful. Sure he has some bad arguments, like the banana, but so do we all. Curiously enough we are blinded to see them until we both are exposed to their lack of rationality and when we accept the truth rather than remaining willfully ignorant.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Allahpundit on September 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Try to make the time for later then, you would if it was a Doctor Who episode ;)

Seriously though. A very deeply moving, riveting experience. To see his questions cause people to re-evaluate how they’re thinking and change their minds once seeing things from another perspective was amazing. It was very thought-provoking (and if you choose, skip the last 10 minutes as it delves more deeply into religion and Jesus as opposed to abortion and the Holocaust)

Thanks for posting it, Tina.

DrAllecon on September 27, 2011 at 9:39 PM

itsnotaboutme on September 27, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Hitler was also “legally wrong”. That point is incorrect.

gh on September 27, 2011 at 9:40 PM

shick on September 27, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Have you/we re-written the Bible and forced upon congregations upon pain of death in order to advance your own position?

Have you/we presented a new decalogue and demand it be followed as religious dogma?

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Proud to.

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Then you’ll never know how stupid your attempt to make an argument out of invitro fertilization was.

You could have been merely ignorant, but then you went full retard.

Sorry Pablo, better luck next time.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Part of the Christian dogma is that “we are all sinners” and implicitly, that all sin as equivalent. Details vary between denominations.

gh on September 27, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 6:30 PM

You equate being sheltered and having a poor grasp of reality with whether or not someone watches Jay Leno? Jaywalkers who spend more time watching useless TV are the ones who are sheltered as demonstrated by the Tonight Show and this video.

I stopped watching TV years ago. Because I use other forms of entertainment and news sources I’m all the better for it.

TV is almost totally useless.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 9:48 PM

It was a general comment unrelated to the video.

You could have been merely ignorant, but then you went full retard.

Bless you.

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 9:49 PM

At what point is it murder? The day after conception? When you can make out a human? When its a clump of cells? When the baby can feel pain? When the heart starts? When the brain begins functioning?

thphilli on September 27, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I think it’s at conception. If you don’t know, why take the risk of killing the baby?

shick on September 27, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Bless you.

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I see you don’t pay attention to the thread either.

Nice try. Better luck next time.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I see you don’t pay attention to the thread either.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 9:57 PM

gh on September 27, 2011 at 9:47 PM

As an atheist I’m not going to get into the specific interpretative differences between sects.

The text (Bible) does not offer an equivalency, human enforcement prefers it, some might say needs it, but it’s not supported by the text.

If you’d like to hash that out, we can do it off hotair, but I don’t think it’s necessary and unless you want to challenge a specific statement I’ve made, I’ll choose not to engage on this.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 9:58 PM

We will have to agree to disagree.

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 9:57 PM

That’s probably best for you, you stumbled right out of the gate.

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Maybe someday debate audiences will applaud the execution of the mother’s who murder their baybees.

Justice.

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 6:35 PM

So what are you arguing?

1. It is okay to kill innocent babies, convicted murderers and mothers who have aborted their babies.

or

2. It is not okay to kill innocent babies, convicted murderers and mothers who have aborted their babies.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 10:00 PM

keep the change on September 27, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I haven’t seen so many false arguments in one para for quite some time.

Is there a thesis in there somewhere?

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 10:02 PM

So what are you arguing?

or

Should not a woman who murders her babies be put to death?

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 10:04 PM

That’s probably best for you, you stumbled right out of the gate.

/nods

Any more pointers.

How do you do it so well?

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Should not a woman who murders her babies be put to death?

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Are you starting with the assumption that all murders should be answered solely by execution?

If so, that’s the debate, not your question.

If not, then your question is moot.

You’ve only dressed an argument in different clothes, are you prepared to argue what’s underneath?

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I can’t watch any documentary that has that sinister sounding background music. It comes across as a propaganda technique. It’s intrusive, irritating and offensive.

Sharke on September 27, 2011 at 6:50 PM

The Holocaust was sinister wasn’t it?

The music stops before Ray starts interviewing people on the street.

I’d suggest you watch it.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 10:09 PM

When I was a kid I saw a movie called “The Cardinal“.

Part of the synopsis: In Boston, he (the cardinal) must decide whether to save the life of his sister or her unborn child, conceived out of wedlock.
The character chooses the baby because his sister had already had a chance at life.

This movie set my outlook on the subject of abortion.
I told my wife when she was pregnent that if this was ever a decision I had to make I would always choose her. And to this day I continue to hold to that.

Yet when I look at my teenage child, I can not help but feel guilty for this way of thinking.

I can not think of any reason, but for this exception, to kill a child in the womb. May god forgive me.

mechkiller_k on September 27, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 9:58 PM

I was merely suggesting an explanation for the other poster’s (shick) pov.

gh on September 27, 2011 at 10:12 PM

It is a preachy activist post. Ed and AP never post this kind of garbage like Tina does. Her innane posts are ruining the site.

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Says one of few.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 10:12 PM

the end is miserably and painfully preachy,

blatantblue on September 27, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Preaching should be miserable and painful. If it’s not then it’s tickling ears.

Ray Comfort’s primary objective in his videos is to share the Gospel.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 10:18 PM

My compaints about the “dilemma” approach to ethics, as opposed to a straightforward, values-based orientation, are illustrated well here. Treating moral questions as a set of problem-solving exercises not only encourages one to discard the wisdom of elders and society in favor of one’s own conclusions (admittedly, far more a problem when it comes to educating children than dealing with adults), but it invariably leads to confusion when a sufficiently ambiguous or complicated situation is introduced. It’s simply a result of the way the brain is wired. In the end, the entirety of this video is a scaled-up version of the “shop/stop” trick employed towards its beginning: It doesn’t even remotely surprise when abruptly swapping one subject for another in the midst of “dilemma” inquiry leads to confusion, nor does it reveal anything of meaning.

Conversely, I was genuinely disturbed by and interested in the ignorance of history displayed by so many young people at the video’s beginning. When it all turned out to be shtick Trojan-horsing for abortion opposition, it was a big let-down.

Blacklake on September 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Really? Because hitler said jews weren’t humans; then if you believe 3month babies aren’t human you’re hitler?

Is this what it’s come to?

lorien1973 on September 27, 2011 at 7:00 PM

You don’t argue well.

The video isn’t arguing that Pro-Choicers are Hitler but that their arguments can be equated with Hitler’s arguments.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM

keep the change on September 27, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Actually, I can have it both ways, because the masturbation argument is, for lack a more nuanced way of putting this, really ****ing stupid.

I hoped you had a better argument than that. If that’s your trump card, then I’m sorry I engaged you.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 27, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Great video, thank you TK

DaMav on September 27, 2011 at 10:32 PM

The first 7 minutes of that video are excellent, btw, when he tries to find out if people would go along with nazis or let themselves be shot. That’s a good discussion.

Linking hitler to abortion probably isn’t.

lorien1973 on September 27, 2011 at 7:03 PM

It seemed a good enough discussion to convince some to change their position.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Some friends who are in the personhood movement sent the video to my wife the other night, and we watched it. Pretty powerful stuff, especially the freaky skinhead and the Holocaust survivor.

Ward Cleaver on September 27, 2011 at 10:36 PM

shick on September 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I don’t think that’s true at all. He just uses Hitler as an example to draw out their inner moral sense. Once they make the moral argument, he then just asks them to apply it to a different case. The point is that their original positions on Abortion are dogma that has been repeated so much that they can produce the politically correct response without a moment’s thought. He’s just forcing them to think.

gh on September 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM

My point is very simple. Humans do, and have done, horrific things, and if you are shocked, SHOCKED, at the horrific things, if you are shocked, repulsed by abortion, then you are incredible naive, and have led a very sheltered life.

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 7:13 PM

You’ve now changed your point to how sheltered Tina was to the shock of the horrors of abortion. Before, your point was that she was shocked to see how the people responded to his questions of the Holocaust.

If you have seen Tina’s posts before you’d know that she’s been aware of the horrors of abortion for some time.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Ok, thanks. I am much enlightened now. Have a nice day.

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 7:20 PM

And you have so enlightened us with your original comment.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 10:45 PM

We certainly are finding out who the liberaltarians are around here.

Rebar on September 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM

The irony is that these “liberaltarians” shout liberty while justifying abortion.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I recognize a hopeless case. No one will be persuaded here. Have a nice day.

If all you see is hopelessness then you fail. The video actually showed that some were obviously persuaded. Others are not so obvious.

I Guess that means you win….

Skandia Recluse on September 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM

If this means that you’ll stop commenting then we all win.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Should not a woman who murders her babies be put to death?

Pablo Honey on September 27, 2011 at 10:04 PM

A woman who aborts her baby should not be executed.

A convicted murderer should be executed.

An innocent baby should not be murdered.

Now answer my question.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Jason Coleman on September 27, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Yes. You understood my point.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 11:23 PM

A woman who aborts her baby should not be executed.

A convicted murderer should be executed.

An innocent baby should not be murdered.

Now answer my question.

shick on September 27, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Many people believe capital punishment to be barbaric. Consider this case: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/09/26/kasich-approves-clemency-for-joseph-murphy.html

This man committed a horrific crime against a weak, vulnerable old woman. Should he die for it?

cynccook on September 27, 2011 at 11:29 PM