Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on September 27, 2011 by Allahpundit

“With those close to the governor saying he was ‘reconsidering’ whether to mount a bid, Mr. Christie’s unwillingness to address his political future at such a high-profile event left some Republicans exasperated and worried that a protracted game of ‘will-he, won’t-he’ would be bad for the party’s chances of retaking the White House…

“‘He hasn’t changed his mind,’ [a Republican close to Christie] said, speaking only on the condition of anonymity. ‘But the window to change his mind is not closed today.’ Asked when that window would close, he said, ‘probably a couple of weeks,’ given filing deadlines to qualify for the ballot and other logistical complications of starting a national campaign.

“Like others close to Mr. Christie, the Republican associate said that the intensifying phone calls — and the high-caliber political and financial stature of those making the calls — had not failed to make an impression. Some, he said, had asked, ‘How can I get in on the ground floor?’ (Answer, according to the associate: ‘There is no ground floor.’)”

***

The Assault on Assault Weapons
During a 1995 GOP primary for a general-assembly seat, Christie — albeit as part of a ticket — distributed campaign flyers calling his opponents’ support for repeal of the federal assault-weapons ban ‘radical’ and ‘crazy.’ To this day, Christie opposes any effort to pass concealed carry in the state, and although he opposed a bill signed by his Democratic predecessor that limited New Jerseyans to one handgun purchase a month, his attorney general, Paula Dow, actively defended the law in court. Christie told Sean Hannity that New Jersey has a ‘handgun problem’ and that he supports ‘commonsense laws that will allow people to protect themselves’ while also protecting police officers.

“Sharia and ‘the Crazies’
When some conservatives raised questions about Christie’s judicial appointment of Sohail Mohammed — an attorney who had spoken out against the prosecution of the Holy Land Foundation and Sami al-Arian, both of which would later be convicted for materially supporting jihadists — Christie called the criticisms “crap” and said he was ‘tired of dealing with the crazies.’ While U.S. attorney for New Jersey, Christie also reportedly visited the Passaic mosque of imam Mohammed Qatanani, a Sohail Mohammed client who was later deported for lying to immigration authorities about his 1993 arrest by Israeli police (and his confession to having been a member of Hamas).

“‘Illegal Immigration Is Not a Crime’
Christie stepped in it in 2008, when as a U.S. attorney and prospective gubernatorial candidate he told a largely Latino town-hall meeting that ‘being in this country without proper documentation is not a crime.’ Christie explained that being in the country illegally is merely an ‘administrative’ matter for federal border-enforcement officers, and only becomes a crime if a person re-enters the country after having been deported. While Christie was technically correct on the law — unlawful presence in the U.S. is merely grounds for deportation and not subject to felony penalties — he left out that undocumented entry to the U.S. is treated as a criminal matter. Moreover, his statements are likely to be seen by the GOP base as pandering, and put him in the same hot water in which Rick Perry has recently found himself. Christie also went on record saying state-based immigration-enforcement laws like Arizona’s are not the right approach. ‘This is a federal problem, it’s gotta have a federal fix,’ said Christie. ‘I’m not really comfortable with state law enforcement having a big role.’”

***

Does he know the issues? There are back-to-back debates scheduled in Hanover, New Hampshire, on October 11 and in Las Vegas one week later. There is not enough time to get up to speed on foreign policy (What will Christie say about those Pakistani nuclear weapons, or the next tricky, obscure question?), international trade, Medicare and other non-state-specific issues, let alone opposition research so he can rebut a Romney or Perry attack. Debate preparation is time-intensive — and that means time he’s not raising money, returning calls, or hitting the campaign trail. Or will he not show up at the first debate, or two, risking the wrath of the press, which will quickly turn on him, accusing him of not being ready for prime time?

One False Step: Every candidate makes mistakes, but the earlier they’re made, the easier it is for a candidate to recover and learn from them, and the more forgiving is the press, which doesn’t pay as much attention to early gaffes. (Except for their treatment of Michele Bachmann, but that’s another story.) There is no time left for Christie to learn. Everything he does will be magnified by the media, turning small stumbles into giant falls. Just as they’re hyping his candidacy now, the press will overhype his (inevitable) mistakes the moment he declares. By waiting this late, Christie will be performing without a safety net — and it’s a long way down….

He didn’t return my call: In the aftermath of an announcement, he’ll get flooded with calls from important people who want to talk to him and his not-yet-existent campaign staff. That’s the good news — he has supporters. But when no one returns their calls, because there is no organization and no time, it won’t take long for grumbling to begin. Same thing with the press. Hundreds of reporters will expect their calls and e-mails to be returned every day. When it doesn’t happen, they’ll write how poorly organized he is.”

***

“‘The minute he gets in this thing, he’ll turn from darling of the conservative movement to target of a nitpick du jour,’ predicted Rick Wilson, a Republican strategist.”

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ronulan is almost as popular as Perry ’round here. Mike wants to ‘convert’ Lance to the Perry side

Yeah, Paul is quite the character. His quip about building a fence to keep us Americans from escaping to Mexico was a bit much.

while I want to put on a Chai and dance the Hora around him while singing Hatikvah.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 1:57 AM

I don’t know what that means, but it sounds hot.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Is Gary Johnson as crazy as Ron Paul?

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Speaking of talk..I don’t think Christie is running..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2011 at 2:00 AM

I think you’re right. I do think the establishment has one more candidate up their sleeve, but it probably isn’t Christie. Rove may have been holding back Jeb for 2016, but as it becomes more and more obvious that Obama will lose next year, maybe there has been a change of plans. Who knows.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Is Gary Johnson as crazy as Ron Paul?

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:03 AM

I don’t think he is as crazy, but he is even less electable (if that’s possible). His comment about the shovel ready jobs was funny, but America isn’t, and probably never will be, ready for a true hardcore libertarian like Johnson. NM is a pretty electic place. I can see how he may have played well there.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:05 AM

I don’t know what that means, but it sounds hot.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Hora is a dance, Hatikvah”The Hope” is the Israeli National Anthem, Chai is Hebrew for ‘Life’. THIS is a Chai.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:06 AM

What this country needs is a fat Romney.

Viator on September 28, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:05 AM

*eclectic

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:06 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Ahhh, I see. Lovely. Yeah, I can see where a Ron Paul supporter may not be ready for all that. Considering their hero’s positions on Israel.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:08 AM

OT: I made a comment over @ Big Hollywood-as atwerp-that has so far…gotten FIFTY FOUR thumbs up.
*bows*

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Don’t count on it. Expect to hear the next step “write in” campaign yada, yada, yada. You know it’s coming.

Knucklehead on September 28, 2011 at 12:29 AM

That might wash in Alaska, but not here. If that happens, I’m hangin’ out with you!

Lanceman on September 28, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:08 AM

I could have sooo much ‘fun’ with a Ronulan-if only I was allowed free reign.
*pout*

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:11 AM

*bows*

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:10 AM

You’re up to 59 now (1 courtesy of yours truly)

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:14 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:11 AM

I still waiting for Paul to bring the blimp back..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2011 at 2:14 AM

You’re up to 59 now (1 courtesy of yours truly)

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:14 AM
*hug*

Did you see-on the second page Ohsostupid showed up.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Knucklehead on September 28, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Lanceman on September 28, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Make room for me. If Palin announces she’s not running, I will be turning the page.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Awright-got to be @ the gym early so I can be @ the fair by one.
Night, y’all!

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Did you see-on the second page Ohsostupid showed up.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Yeah, I’m glad he did. Because if not, we wouldn’t have this hilarious rebuttal by taxpayer1234:

Yeah, the German Jews burned each other’s businesses and temples on Kristallnacht while the SS stood by helplessly watching. And later, they built all the camps themselves, gave away all their possessions to the Nazis, rode trains to the camps, and jumped into the gas chambers! Meanwhile, all those Jews in the Warsaw ghetto were SOOOOOOOOO powerful that they ordered pogroms on themselves. And let’s not forget how those cunning Ashkenazim mass-murdered themselves–and buried themselves in mass graves!–in the USSR.

Is there anything those Jews won’t do to cover up their tracks?

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Is Gary Johnson as crazy as Ron Paul?

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:03 AM

He’s a stoner…

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:21 AM

He’s a stoner…

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:21 AM

So I hear!..He acts it too..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Okay-i lied. I’m still here.
That was great!

I’ve spared w/it over its usual comments about Jews hating whites.
My father was a hazel-eyed strawberry blond and both his parents and sister were redheads w/light eyes.
If they weren’t white what were they-green?
LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:24 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Later..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Okay-now I’m really leaving.
Really.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Is Gary Johnson as crazy as Ron Paul?

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:03 AM

He’s a stoner…

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:21 AM

That I know, but given the sad field thats starting to seem like a minor point. If Palin doesn’t run that leaves who? Cain seems shaky and I have doubts he is up to it, so if he flames out…

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:26 AM

If Christie says no, next they will woo Daniels.

They like Mitt but fear he is weak. They worry Perry is finished. Hermann Cain, they fear, cannot pull it off (and he may be too conservative for them).

And Palin? They would prefer she sued McGinniss and then went on Dancing with the Stars.

Mr. Joe on September 28, 2011 at 2:26 AM

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:26 AM

I can rule out Johnson pretty quickly. I can heartily embrace RP’s pro-life stance.

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:28 AM

I’m still rooting for Allen West. West is someone I don’t have to worry about representing conservative values.

Connie on September 28, 2011 at 2:28 AM

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Johnson is pro-abortion as well as pro-bong?

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Johnson is pro-abortion as well as pro-bong?

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM

My understanding is that he’s pro-choice.

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM

OK, you clones. I was hoping for trolls, but it’s not to be. All Palined out, prolly.

Lanceman on September 28, 2011 at 2:33 AM

My understanding is that he’s pro-choice.

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM

I take that back. Upon reading further, he’s a 1/2-1/2 pro-choice guy.

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Lanceman on September 28, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Don’t you have some Netflix to watch?

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:35 AM

My understanding is that he’s pro-choice.

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM

And open borders.

Its like a wasteland out there.

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Lanceman on September 28, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Nice Jim Rome reference!..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Is Gary Johnson as crazy as Ron Paul?

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:03 AM

No one is as crazy as Ron Paul.

er … except maybe this chick.

Axe on September 28, 2011 at 2:37 AM

And open borders.

Its like a wasteland out there.

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Mmmm hmmm… My suggestion is to get behind some solid conservatives for congress and senate.

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:37 AM

errr or House.

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:37 AM

No one is as crazy as Ron Paul.

er … except maybe this chick.

Axe on September 28, 2011 at 2:37 AM

No, he crazier.

These folks beat Ron Paul for crazy!

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:41 AM

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:37 AM

I agree GOP needs to win the Senate and keep the House..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2011 at 2:41 AM

I agree GOP needs to win the Senate and keep the House..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2011 at 2:41 AM

The GOP will keep the House and maybe win the Senate, but it’s no good if they don’t have decent conservatives in there. Dick Lugar, Olympia Snowe, and Orrin Hatch are all up for re-election (again). You think they’ll hold a hard line against Obama if re-elected?

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:43 AM

No, he crazier.

These folks beat Ron Paul for crazy!

lol … you kicked my a** on the crazy thing. make it stop — get it out of my head. now I have all this emailing to do

Axe on September 28, 2011 at 2:44 AM

You think they’ll hold a hard line against Obama if re-elected?

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:43 AM

Good point..But hopefully we can win enough Senate seats to ice them..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2011 at 2:46 AM

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:26 AM

I am having the same dilemma. After watching Palin on Greta tonight, these are my thoughts:

She has to be planning on running. The point she made that is causing the most waves of doubt among her supporters is that she thinks it may not be worth it to pursue the presidency if it locks her into a rigid pattern of behavior that limits her ability to effect change. This is ridiculous. And Greta gently pointed that out to her. If one is really interested in effecting change, and believes they can win, as Palin stated tonight that she did, then there is simply no comparison between the power one can potentially wield as potus vs. a private citizen no matter how well known or beloved among the conservative base you are.

The second thing is that I feel like Palin dramatically misunderstands the nature of her support if she thinks she can still wield even a fraction of the influence she currently has if she were to announce she were not running. People want to follow her precisely for the Churchillian “fight the unwinnable fight” mystique that she has always carried and that would rabidly vanish if she were to forego a run.

The Palin I have followed for the last several years is not someone who would misunderstand these two things. And that is why I believe she is running. Why then would she be so cryptic and even seem to be hinting against a run at this point? My best guess is that she has to be playing some high stakes game of chicken with the GOP establishment. She knows they have one more candidate up their sleeve that they are hoping they can roll out as “last to enter” to maximize the momentum. They are trying to smoke her out and vice versa.

That’s my best guess and obviously it probably sounds a lot like wishful thinking given my ‘Nista status, but so be it. If I’m proven to be wrong, I’ll be here taking my lumps.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Good point..But hopefully we can win enough Senate seats to ice them..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2011 at 2:46 AM

I don’t know about Snowe when it comes to real challengers, but I know Lugar is being challenged by a solid conservative. Hatch doesn’t have to worry about Chaffetz now, though :/

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:50 AM

MeatHeadinCA on September 28, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Snowe will be hard to beat in a primary..IMHO!..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2011 at 2:59 AM

I would agree with this fully. I can understand that she may not want to go through the wringer again, but she will forego support if she decides to bail. I wouldn’t hold not running against her but I would hope she signals what she intends to do.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Taking your lumps for what? In the starkest terms the other candidates are simply terrible. Its not enough anymore to match John McCain, who by the way, failed. Things have gotten far worse and seem likely to get even worse as the economy crumbles.

Against a great evil, a small remedy does not produce a small result; it produces no result at all. -John Stuart Mill

The Boehner style of slap fighting the leftists isn’t going to accomplish anything. They will simply roll over the weak sisters of the GOP and do whatever they please.

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Taking your lumps for what?

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Oh, you know. Not from you, obviously. But there is going to be a major sh*tstorm here once Palin makes her intentions clear one way or the other. There will be giant political grave dancing party hosted by the resident ABPs and emceed by Ace’s anti-Palin brigade if she announces she isn’t running. And if she announces she is running there will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth about why the drama queen chillbilly quitter is stealing the limelight from all the serious “electible” candidates.

So basically it will be like 90% of the threads here with the volume at 11 instead of at 9. Should be good fun all around.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Idiots who will be dancing at their own political and economic funeral and too stupid to know it. They will then, in the sober light of day have to try flogging that candidate and without Palin acting as a distraction they can attack. I think they will find the level of enthusiasm for those candidates less than they had hoped.

Can you imagine the Daniels, or Pawlenty threads without Palin being mentioned. It would have been a ghost town.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 3:09 AM

More depressing than anything else but yeah, they will be overjoyed at the prospect of devasting Palin supporters with the cry of Neener-neener.

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 3:17 AM

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Yeah, I think you are spot on. I think these pet candidates aren’t going to be quite as inspiring once they no longer have to be protected from the evil Palin and her bogeyman supporters.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 3:24 AM

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Thanks for echoing my thoughts and stating them so well!
God bless.

Jenfidel on September 28, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Thanks for echoing my thoughts and stating them so well!
God bless.

Jenfidel on September 28, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Thanks, Jen. God bless you too.

Kataklysmic on September 28, 2011 at 3:27 AM

I figure Palin is staying out as long as she has, because she does not want the Republican nominee to get a FREE RIDE, to show up to do battle against the Democrat candidate, and then evaporate. The democrat machine is going to use EVERYTHING that they can to blow up the Republican candidate, so we need the strongest and toughest nominee we can get. Or am I just dreaming about Palin’s motivation?

bigmike on September 28, 2011 at 4:02 AM

O/T
====

This came across the radar!
—————————

September 27, 2011,7:00 AM ET
Battling States: Virginia and Florida Step Up Feud Over Navy Carrier
**********

“At a time when the nation’s historic fiscal challenges will require drastic cuts in federal spending, we do not believe it is fiscally responsible or strategically necessary to build expensive and redundant nuclear-support infrastructure for CVN homeporting when there are more cost-effective alternatives to sustain Mayport’s future as an operational base,” they wrote.
(More….)

===========================================

canopfor on September 28, 2011 at 5:50 AM

Ugh,I forgot the first part!

Deficit wars in Washington may claim another casualty if Virginia lawmakers have their way.

In a letter sent Monday to Adm. Jonathan Greenert, Virginia Democratic Sens. Jim Webb and Mark Warner and Reps. Randy Forbes (R.), Rob Wittman (R.), Scott Rigell (R.), and Robert “Bobby” Scott (D.) urged the Navy’s new top admiral to reconsider a plan to base a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, or CVN, at Naval Station Mayport, Fla.

canopfor on September 28, 2011 at 6:00 AM

That’s the kind of impatient dismissal that I, as an anonymous poster, can make. That is not the kind of statement that a politician can make without having me, an anonymous registered voter, punish him for it in a polling booth.

Because I am not a crazy and I’m not full of crap – I am aware that “moderate Muslim” is merely a question of degree. Christie either doesn’t get it, or pretends that he doesn’t get it.

disa on September 28, 2011 at 6:40 AM

So who appointed him “the darling of the conservative movement”? I know Ann Coulter has lost her mind over him, but I have some big problems with Chris Christie.

And I’m telling you, he won’t make it alive to the end of a Presidential campaign. He’ll topple over with a heart attack – mark my words. There’s no way he’s in good enough physical shape for the rigors of campaigning on this level.

disa on September 28, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Some, he said, had asked, ‘How can I get in on the ground floor?’

Easy. Go to the 2nd floor and jump :-)

MJBrutus on September 28, 2011 at 6:52 AM

OT:had to laugh…morning joe calling christie and jeb bush a conservative’s conservative….

I don’t think so….

cmsinaz on September 28, 2011 at 6:52 AM

Christie is the gutless wonder who threw Governor Palin under the bus on Leno, simply to ingratiate himself with Jay and his audience. He’s nothing more than a disgusting piece of filth.

WordsMatter on September 28, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Christie? No, thanks. I vote Conservative.

kingsjester on September 28, 2011 at 7:54 AM

To be elected I think you are going to need more than 158 comments on a thread. Add to that, that “your” speech thread is now about Gov. Palin. I’m not feeling the enthusiasm.

Cindy Munford on September 28, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Christie? No, thanks. I vote Conservative.

kingsjester on September 28, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Of course you do, you closed-minded, bigoted, racist, homophobic, misogynistic, religious-intolerant (non-Gaia believing), white bread neanderthal.
(whew…did I miss anything?)
BTW, KJ, I do too. Just wanted to get ahead of the crowd with the epithet-hurling. You’re welcome.

Extrafishy on September 28, 2011 at 8:22 AM

said he was ‘tired of dealing with the crazies.’

Christie? No, thanks. My vote is for someone who recognizes the stealth jihad.

CarolynM on September 28, 2011 at 8:26 AM

cmsinaz on September 28, 2011 at 6:52 AM

I didn’t hear that part, but did hear Joe and Mika slobbering all over themselves about him. They can pull out the drool cups if need be, but I don’t see how Christie could get the nom. If Perry is getting skewered now for some of his positions, Christie should be figuratively burned at the stake for his, which are far far worse than Perrys. Perhaps worse than Romneys.

TxAnn56 on September 28, 2011 at 8:32 AM

These folks beat Ron Paul for crazy!

sharrukin on September 28, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Wow. I saw tree huggers, literally greeting, patting and hugging each tree, in Muir Woods once and I couldn’t contain my laughter. Hubby kept giving me that look to stop it but I just couldn’t. This was funnier than the Perry “Ice Cream!” clip.

Until Palin says, no, she will be my top choice.

The Washington insider “crap” (to use a Christie word) is too deep to just put another turd on top. Both sides have contributed to the out of control spending and special interest free-for-all.

We need someone who is willing to shovel it out. Mitt won’t get his hands dirty and he and Perry could take a few shots at it. They both might just break down and hire illegals to do the work Americans won’t do. Cain could attempt it but Sarah will definitely clean up DC.

Fallon on September 28, 2011 at 8:42 AM

said he was ‘tired of dealing with the crazies.’

Christie? No, thanks. My vote is for someone who recognizes the stealth jihad.

CarolynM on September 28, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Christie recognizes it — and wants to help it. He’s the (former U.S. Attorney) who recently said that he saw nothing wrong with a N.J. state employee being fired for exercising his First Amendment rights (burning a Koran he owned) on his own time. The employee was later re-instated in his job (in recognition of the fact that his civil rights had been violated by the firing), but the fact that Christie saw nothing wrong with the firing speaks volumes . . . and what it says about Christie isn’t good.

AZCoyote on September 28, 2011 at 9:45 AM

You know what IS a crime, Christie? Using a false or stolen SS # to get a job in the U.S. Failing to file an income tax return and/or pay taxes on the income you earn in the U.S. Registering to vote (and voting) with fraudulent ID documents. Using phony documents to obtain welfare benefits.

These and a lot of other “real” crimes are routinely committed in this country every day by so-called “good, law-abiding” illegal aliens (as opposed to the hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens who are committing more violent “real” crimes here, like rape, murder, assault, etc.). In fact, there is a huge criminal industry in this country that caters to the needs of illegal aliens. It’s no coincidence that AZ is the number one state in the nation for identity theft.

The presence of millions of illegal aliens in this country, and our corrupt politicians’ continual willingness to turn a blind eye to (or even to reward) their lawlessness is undermining respect for the rule of law among all segments of society. And for anyone, especially a lawyer like Christie, to pretend that that is not a serious problem, is the height of irresponsibility.

AZCoyote on September 28, 2011 at 10:01 AM