Obligatory: The Rick Perry lip-reading clip

posted at 7:30 pm on September 27, 2011 by Allahpundit

Prediction: We’re going to get a roughly 50/50 split on this in the comments. Half of you will hate it because it’s the dumbest thing ever, half of you will love it because … it’s the dumbest thing ever. Count me in the second group; I was gasping with laughter even on the second viewing. I think it’s a combination of the voice, which is dead on, plus the fact that — let’s face it — this is what this guy sounds like during the second hour of debates. In fact, if I’m not mistaken, that rambling attack on Romney for flip-flopping near the end of the last one closed with, “Save a pretzel for the gas jets.”

Exit question: Rick is from Mars, Romney is from Venus?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

“Hot yalla Koolaid!” It’s just as funny the second time through.

hoosiermama on September 27, 2011 at 8:43 PM

I’m thoroughly in column #2. I haven’t laughed like that in awhile.

Dopavash on September 27, 2011 at 8:51 PM

I tried so hard not to laugh. It was too stupid. But I failed. Too ugly to ride, indeed!

doufree on September 27, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Now that was funny.

catmman on September 27, 2011 at 8:57 PM

How can you justify charging someone who is here legally more than someone who is illegally?

pedestrian on September 27, 2011 at 8:26 PM

If you have an issue with in-state versus out-of-state tuition rates, Perry is not the one you should be blaming.

Everyone resident in Texas for a specified period of time meets the requirements for paying in-state tuition rates. If not, you pay the out-of-state tuition rate.

The Texas Dream Act is geared towards children of illegal immigrants, who have already completed at least three years of high school in Texas. The Federal Govt. says you cannot deport them. The Supreme Court says you cannot deny them some basic services.

What do you propose should be done? Place them on welfare, contend with them on the streets as criminals, or treat them same as other residents and encourage them to go to school?

When that ineveitable time comes when a President Romney (I pray not) is shoving down an Amnesty Bill, who would benefit? Texas with its highly educated illegal immigrant population or some “purer than snow” State with a less educated population?

And some of you wonder how Perry has been able to keep his State going in the middle of a recession.

TheRightMan on September 27, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Is this Kung Pow II – Enter the Texan?

Ice Cream.

batterup on September 27, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Ha! Even funnier the second time!

“Thank you. I wrote that.”

Tzetzes on September 27, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I’m in the second group, too. Hilarious, and I’m (more or less) pulling for Perry.

I haven’t read all the comments, but has anyone claimed to being part of the first group (haters)? Hard to imagine who would hate it, and who would admit to hating it, as that’s tantamount to admitting being a humor-challenged old curmudgeon.

Splashman on September 27, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I laughed so hard…and I enjoyed the Obama one too (but not as much). I need to go check out the others. Beats working!

HawaiiLwyr on September 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I’d be interested to see a poll on this post. I am definitely in column 2.

tikvah on September 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM

What, they couldn’t fit an “adios mofo” in there? Slackers.

juliesa on September 27, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I save my pretzels for gas jets all the time.

OhioCoastie on September 27, 2011 at 9:26 PM

“a cinnabon..”

That’s funny!

Urban Infidel on September 27, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Third time, even funnier.

My Kwanzaa cd’s.

Tzetzes on September 27, 2011 at 9:35 PM

“Some one had a grade-A lung-fish decorate their home for a married fools function.” LOL

“What’s good is to get these goats for our computer industry.” Hilarious

“I’m bored by famine… I cannot wait for a medieval cookie…Save a pretzel for the gas jets.” Too funny.

“If you disagree with me about illegal aliens you are heartless.” WTF?

The last line is the funniest.

Geochelone on September 27, 2011 at 9:51 PM

“…Icecream….”

KILLED ME! lol!!

Handel on September 27, 2011 at 10:10 PM

It’s extremely funny. It would be just as funny (it not more funny) if it was done with a clip of Obama, though–but I suspect that isn’t exactly in the cards. So it’s still hard to wash away the bitter liberal aftertaste.

Blacklake on September 27, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I withdraw that last comment and apologize to BLR. They’ve already done The One.

Blacklake on September 27, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Omg, that is really some badly needed humor! How hilarious. “Ice cream… is cheap.”

ROFL!

kg598301 on September 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Oh golly, that was funny. Thank you.

PattyJ on September 27, 2011 at 10:34 PM

thewrongman

Neither says you have to give them in-state tuition. Fail.

Holla!

xblade on September 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM

The Perry one is good, but I think the Obama one is the most singularly awesome thing I’ve seen on YouTube since I first discovered Epic Meal Time. “Are you really drinking my bottled judgment?”

Blacklake on September 27, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Too ugly to ride gets my vote

AH_C on September 27, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I needed some funny tonight.

bitsy on September 27, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I wonder if the Bad Lip Reading group is afraid of getting reported to ATAAAAAACK WAAAAATCH because they’re not listing the Obama video on Youtube search engines.

rihar on September 27, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Started to say it was hilarious, but it is better than that. Pick one or more:

Related to HILARIOUS

Synonyms: antic, chucklesome, comedic, comic, comical, droll, farcical, funny, humoristic, humorous, hysterical (also hysteric), killing, laughable, ludicrous, ridiculous, riotous, risible, screaming, sidesplitting, uproarious

rukiddingme on September 27, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Question 1) How many people who aren’t amused would be amused if it wasn’t Rick Perry?

Question 2) How many people who are amused wouldn’t be amused if it was Sarah Palin rather than Rick Perry?

amerpundit on September 27, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I lasted about 5 seconds on the video, long enough to know that any more time I would have spent on it would be better spent by me hammering nails while blindfolded.

Listening to the actual nonsense that comes out of Dick “I’m Very Closely Related to Jimmy Swaggart in More Ways Than One” Perry’s mouth are far more amusing than that video’s nonsense, which required no discernable talent whatsoever to produce, kinda like how going through someone’s garbage and making a randomly-arranged diorama out of the “interesting” discoveries you find there doesn’t make you an artist.

I know, I know, I’m such a stick-in-the-mud! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on September 27, 2011 at 11:23 PM

“Tuna, eggs, Doritos, cheesecake, tomali” was funny…but I lost it at “hot yella koolaide!”

Too funny!

Pattosensei on September 27, 2011 at 11:37 PM

“What’s good is to get these goats for our computer industry.” Hilarious

“If you disagree with me about illegal aliens you are heartless.” WTF?

The last line is the funniest.

Geochelone on September 27, 2011 at 9:51 PM

lol absolutely!

Besides this one, the only other times I laughed during the thread were when I read TheRightMan’s posts (of which I can always tell within 2 sentences that he was the author, just like HondaV65′s) – something tells me he’s someone who needs a laugh track while watching a sitcom to tell him which parts are “funny”, though! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on September 27, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Perry should embrace this and laugh at himself…

… Nothing would endear him more to the American people than a good sense of humor while he attacks Obowma.

Seven Percent Solution on September 27, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I went and reread the first page, and I want to say that I realize I missed some funny-as-intended posts there by numerous posters (like Weight of Glory’s, and, you know, unlike the unintendedly-funny TheRightMan’s) because I skimmed by them too fast the first time – Geochelone’s wasn’t the only one I ended up laughing at.

I posted this because I didn’t want my sense of humor to be misconstrued! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on September 28, 2011 at 12:24 AM

My 15 yr old loved this! LOL! Rick, I love you man!

Susanboo on September 28, 2011 at 12:31 AM

This is freaking hilarious! There is a clickable link inside the main video window where this guy lip read Obama. It’s a hidden video that you can only get to by watching the main video almost all the way through.

Love it!

SauerKraut537 on September 28, 2011 at 1:08 AM

“You can try my Kwanzaa Cd’s’
ROTFLMBO!

This Perry supporter gives it a high thumbs-up!

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2011 at 1:33 AM

weird more than funny.

leftnomore on September 28, 2011 at 3:31 AM

that’s tantamount to admitting being a humor-challenged old curmudgeon.

Splashman on September 27, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Okey dokey, I guess you can put me in this group (although I don’t really hate it)–and I don’t think it’s because it’s not yet 4 a.m. and I am unhappy about being up.

DrMagnolias on September 28, 2011 at 3:44 AM

I took a heifer night riding?

I’m not sure what that is but I can’t stop laughing!

MNHawk on September 28, 2011 at 6:37 AM

Allah, you are wrong, I am a Perry supporter and that was funny…we are confident in our man, it’s good to laugh.
That was funny, but I bet if Palin was dubbed, ooooohhhh boy, watch out….
heifer night riding, could that be Hillary?

right2bright on September 28, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Great. Now, every time I see Perry all I can think of is “hot yella kool-aid”.

batter on September 28, 2011 at 9:16 AM

What, they couldn’t fit an “adios mofo” in there? Slackers.

juliesa on September 27, 2011 at 9:23 PM

My dream is to one day hear him say that about Obummer. It makes me happy just to think about it.

kg598301 on September 28, 2011 at 9:26 AM

At one time, this man had 28% of repubs voting for him. See what I mean about jumping on a media built bandwagon? Now it’s Cain’s turn turn to ride.

Kissmygrits on September 28, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Who wouldnt think that is hilarious? Awesome! I think a new kind of humor has just been discovered. May the bad lip reading videos explode across the nation.

alecj on September 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Quotes from the Obama clip:

“Even long legged women can’t tell theres a blue eyed hobbit…and I’m a witness for them.”
“Pressure to put on weight is one of the reason we got the red sweatsuits.. theres no way we couldn’t”
“We’re creeping between the bullfrogs”

Then it went off into a music video “tricking the bridesmaid”.

Its a shame they did not get a voice impersonator and dead pan it like the Perry clip. I can imagine Obama wondering if “they are drinking from his bottled judgement”.

AverageJoe on September 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Perry could seal the nomination by actually delivering a couple of these lines.

TexasDan on September 28, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Nice!!

Pablo Snooze on September 28, 2011 at 11:39 AM

SauerKraut537 on September 28, 2011 at 1:08 AM

If it were a “hidden” video you would not be able to view it. There are “private” videos on YouTube, if the account uses that setting, but this isn’t one of those – it’s a public one. To see all of the public videos on any YouTube account just click on the user’s name, which is displayed just below every video. Or look at the right-hand sidebar which features related videos to whichever one you are currently viewing.

The Obama clip is only so-so funny; it doesn’t sound like him and has music to it. And no pretzels for gas jests, either!

whatcat on September 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Ah… now I know who writes the robo-spam comments at Ace HQ.

//mystery solved.

Book on September 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I needed some Perry laughs today without having to wait for his next debate debacle.

HellCat on September 28, 2011 at 4:28 PM