Not all Google employees want higher taxes

posted at 4:45 pm on September 27, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Eric Schmidt says he wants more stimulus spending. A former Google executive, now voluntarily unemployed, asks Obama to raise his taxes. One more example of a Google bigwig using his prominence to prop up the president’s partisan proposals and I’d begin to wonder whether these Google employees even know how to conduct basic research. The slightest bit of study should give the lie to The One’s proposed policies, after all.

That’s why I was enormously refreshed when I happened upon this tidbit from Heritage Vice President of Communications, Mike Gonzalez.

“It pains me as a Republican to see a former employee asking for more taxes,” Google lobbyist Lee Dunn said today at The Heritage Bloggers Briefing, according to a tweet from Gonzalez.

Dunn also addressed the company’s painfully obvious need to connect with conservatives and Republicans.

“You can’t put all your eggs in one basket,” she said, promising the audience that the search engine giant is, indeed, “reaching out to Republicans.”

Dunn should know. A former top telecom aide to Sen. John McCain, she joined Google earlier this year to … lobby Senate Republicans.

P.S. It also just happens to be Google’s 13th birthday today! How did people find answers to their most pressing questions 14 years ago? I was just 10, so I don’t remember. (I’ll have to Google it.) And don’t you just love the search engine’s changing logo? Such a fun creative element!

Comments

Double all Google employee taxes NOW!!

Khun Joe on September 27, 2011 at 4:48 PM

How did people find answers to their most pressing questions 14 years ago?

14 years ago, we had these things called books. And yahoo.

I love that today’s logo search is for “google” – now that’s creative! Could’ve at least done a link to past google logos or something.

lorien1973 on September 27, 2011 at 4:50 PM

I most you of you feel old now.

amerpundit on September 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM

The guy Heritage quoted is a hired lobbyist for Google and probably hedging his bets. Not exactly really a Google “person”.

Apologetic California on September 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I most you of you feel old now.

amerpundit on September 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Hey you kids, get off the damn lawn!

rbj on September 27, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I was just 10, so I don’t remember.

No one likes you anymore, Tina :(

lorien1973 on September 27, 2011 at 4:54 PM

gotta keep the anti-trust people away somehow.

rob verdi on September 27, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Um- doesn’t it tend to ignore certain prominent U.S. historical events in it’s rotation of themes?

cs89 on September 27, 2011 at 4:55 PM

How did people find answers to their most pressing questions 14 years ago?

You used Yahoo! and scrolled through about 10 pages of spam results, looking for the diamond in the rough.

Either that, or you used Usenet … but I don’t want to break the first rule of Usenet (any more than I already have).

novakyu on September 27, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Happy Birthday and F’ off, Google.
Boycotting since July, 2010.
Bing it.

carbon_footprint on September 27, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Isn’t that how Google is now?

RDE2010 on September 27, 2011 at 4:57 PM

I agree, let’s impose a massive tax surcharge on working for google. I can no longer sit here and allow our tax code to make those lunatic leftwingers unhappy with their tax returns. Let’s raise the cap gains tax rate on google employees up to 80%…make it retroactive as well, we need to cleanse away our prior sins.

David in ATL on September 27, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Yeah, Unemployed and asking BHO to raising “his” taxes. Thanks for the help buddy…

molding_perception on September 27, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Yes, triple taxes on the employees and chief officers of all search engines and browsers. It’s patriotic thing to do.

eaglewingz08 on September 27, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I have to point out that if he’s unemployed he doesn’t have income taxes and therefore “please raise my taxes” is very dishonest because raising incomes taxes won’t affect him.

He didn’t mean “raise my taxes” he meant “raise their taxes.”

Meric1837 on September 27, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Isn’t that how Google is now?

RDE2010 on September 27, 2011 at 4:57 PM

First you have to scroll past wikipedia, then 10 pages of spam.

lorien1973 on September 27, 2011 at 5:02 PM

How did people find answers to their most pressing questions 14 years ago?

They had these giant contraptions, called telephones, that you spoke into.

pedestrian on September 27, 2011 at 5:04 PM

He didn’t mean “raise my taxes” he meant “raise their taxes.”

Meric1837 on September 27, 2011 at 5:00 PM

He went to the Warren Buffet School of Phony Baloney Tax Arguments.

NotCoach on September 27, 2011 at 5:04 PM

cs89 on September 27, 2011 at 4:55 PM

It celebrates Cesar Chavez’s birthday. It ignores 4th of July and Veterans Day.

What’s your problem?

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Meric1837 on September 27, 2011 at 5:00 PM

NotCoach on September 27, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Reminds me of “Nothing from nothing leaves nothing…..” by Billy Preston

molding_perception on September 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM

cs89 on September 27, 2011 at 4:55 PM

I never understood this criticism. It’s a cute thing they do that recognizes interesting events, not necessarily every US holiday. I don’t see why it’s interpreted as an intentional slight on whatever holidays they don’t happen to have a logo for. Quickly glancing at their past logos, they did Women’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, and Water Day in 2005, but not MLK day; does that mean they’re racist or something?

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Guess they’re not sure that El Presidente Downgrade is going to sweep into victory next November.

Chip on September 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM

It celebrates Cesar Chavez’s birthday. It ignores 4th of July and Veterans Day.

What’s your problem?

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, but this is not true. A quick look over their past logos (http://www.google.com/logos/) shows that they did the past July 4th and Veterans Day, and have never done Cesar Chavez.

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Nice to see her comments. However, Google’s execs do seem have a habit of, as you put it, “prop up the president’s partisan proposals”, as well as other prog causes. That’s why I always use Bing (except when doing schoolwork, for which, admittedly, Google Scholar is an invaluable resource). Yes, I know Microsoft’s prog tendencies are probably not much better than Google’s…

KS Rex on September 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Don’t be bragging about that girl. :-)

Chip on September 27, 2011 at 5:18 PM

NC governor recommends suspending democracy to focus on jobs

*Facepalm ͯ4

Was she volunteered to be the first to propose this kind of a hair brained idea?

Chip on September 27, 2011 at 5:22 PM

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM

WOW. They did 4th of July 1 year. My bad. Someone nominate the company for a Medal of Freedom away, ASAP.

Here is a sample from May 2007:

Russia Day
Italian National Day
Children’s Day
Turkey Children’s Day

Missing…Memorial Day.

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Google makes good products but I hate the company with a passion.

You would think a company whose entire business model consists of extracting personal information from their “customers” would actually at least pretend to care about privacy.

Fezzik on September 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Their lame excuse is always that they don’t like using American-centric logos because people all around the world use Google.

Except…most other countries have their own Google websites.

Fezzik on September 27, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Actually, Google didn’t do an honor for Cesar Chavez.

And that had libs in a tizzy. They were pissed Google chose to honor Robert Bunsen (yeah, that one) instead.

Actual quote:

But it’s apparently not good enough for the almighty Internet demi-god, who seems to value ancient chemistry over the plight of the underpaid worker.

What a bunch of nerds.

We admit, for your average Google staffer, animating a mad scientist’s chain o’ reactions is a more attractive prospect than recreating the classic ethnic mural, all somber brown visages and colors of the wind. But tough luck. Chavez deserves his day on our home pages, even more so amid the current war on both Latinos and unions in America.

The man invented the phrase “Si se puede,” for christ’s sake. Bunsen can bear to take the back burner on this one.

Bunsen only made major contributions to the scientific field, you see.

amerpundit on September 27, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Google’s European HQ is in Ireland, which has the lowest corporate tax rate in Europe. Like many large companies, it is incorporated in Delaware, where it can take advantage of that state’s many business-friendly laws and tax structures.

So Mr. Rich Google Retired Guy’s company has benefited from low taxes and corporate-friendly environments, helping him get rich, and now he wants Obama to arrange it so that other corporations and their employees can’t do the same – unless they’re Buddies of Obama, of course, like Jeff Immelt and GE.

Scratch a liberal, find a fascist.

Missy on September 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

google sucks tina. go bing./

ted c on September 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Search engines were terrible 14 years ago. Like a box of chocolates. You didn’t know what you were going to get…

shooten on September 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Here is a sample from May 2007:

Russia Day
Italian National Day
Children’s Day
Turkey Children’s Day

Missing…Memorial Day.

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I’m sorry that you didn’t read it properly, but they did Russia Day in Russian, not in the US, and likewise the other three you listed (Italy, Japan, and Turkey, respecitvely).

Are you really upset with a company because it didn’t do a cutesy thing with its logo for Memorial Day? They do it in recognition of off-beat things (e.g., Jim Henson’s birthday, total lunar eclipse) and for some US holidays. What’s the big deal here? Do you complain to all companies when they have something up for one holiday but not another? This seems like such a trivial thing to get worked up over.

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:34 PM

amerpundit on September 27, 2011 at 5:27 PM

I can’t keep up. I thought libs loved science and evil racist conservatives hated science. But libs don’t like science if the choice is between science and illegal alien heroes. I swear it must be exhausting to be a liberal and keep all these rules straight in your head.

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I have to admit, I use Google extensively at work and for personal use, because I can’t get Bing to work for me as well as Google does. I also use gmail.

I feel guilty about it though.

Missy on September 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Sure, if you love that they celebrate Green Day and Kwanzaa. If you’re hoping they remember Memorial Day or Veterans Day, you’re out of luck.

Use BING instead; it’s better, their main page has awesome photos that have great little links built in, and they do a great job of remembering the historical days that actually mean something.

Bishop on September 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Yes, but they did celebrate Earth Day.

So there’s that.

pain train on September 27, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Actually, Google didn’t do an honor for Cesar Chavez.

amerpundit on September 27, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Seeing it from the other side, do you see how silly it looks to complain about what logos Google puts on their site? It’s a fun little thing. Who cares?

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:38 PM

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Get off your high horse. I read it how you read it. My point is they celebrate holidays all over the world appropriate to each country. But in the US they always seem to forget about holidays that involve patriotism, the flag or the military.

They don’t just do off-beat events. They do all the big holidays. They do Labor Day, they do Halloween, they do MLK Day, they do Thanksgiving. Yet Memorial Day, Veterans Day and 4th of July for some reason are ignored. I wonder what that reason is.

I’m not worked up over it. I’m just pointing it out. You’re the one that is bending over backwards to defend their practice with some of the most twisted logic imaginable.

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I want Obowma and his cronies to keep singin’ this song…

“Raise my taxes! I’ll raise your taxes! Taxes! Taxes! Taxes!”

… Most of us aren’t retired from Google after five years, have a cushy government union job, or are on the slush fund payroll.

Let them believe their own press and hammer this message down home over the next year…

… and watch the tsunami wash them out to sea.

Seven Percent Solution on September 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Well, when I was 10, in 1960, I just asked my mom. She always knew the answers to my pressing questions. It was usually “No.”

Rod on September 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Before Google you’d use something like Yahoo! or Lycos or Altavista or Webcrawler. Personally I barely use Google anymore. I moved on to Bing and now I’m transitioning to Ixquick.

Rip Ford on September 27, 2011 at 5:42 PM

How did people find answers to their most pressing questions 14 years ago?

Yahoo.

I’ve used Yahoo since their very first day in 1994. That’s 17 years.

I don’t use Google tools at all if I can help it.

Common Sense on September 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Bishop on September 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM

They do Veterans Day, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. What possible political motivation could be behind doing Veterans Day and not Memorial Day? They love living soldiers but hate dead ones? Isn’t it more likely that they just do a few US holidays, and mostly focus on quirky other dates?

If you want to use Bing because you think it’s better, go ahead, but this seems like a pretty silly reason to prefer one company over another. Do you choose which supermarket to go to based on which has more patriotic decorations?

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

“And don’t you just love the search engine’s changing logo? Such a fun creative element!”

And yeah, I’m worked up over it. They would celebrate “Arbor Day” and didn’t even bother to celebrate Veterans Day, July 4th or Memorial day.

They did start with Memorial Day and July 4th after much pressure was placed upon them, but still ignore Veterans day.

I’m sorry, but for a company devoted to “do no evil” and who avoids paying 3.1 BILLION in taxes by using the “Double Irish” and other tax strategies, you bet I am bothered when they cannot even find thew will to celebrate the very people you spilled their blood so they can even exist at all!

In fact, they would not even exist if not for the taxpayers subsiding their creation. The U.S. National Science Foundation funded the mid-1990s research at Stanford University that helped lead to Google’s creation.

Taxpayers also paid for a scholarship for the company’s cofounder, Sergey Brin, while he worked on that research. Google now has a stock market value of $194.2 billion.

F$#@! Google and the moral relativism horse they rode in on!

Opposite Day on September 27, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Oh yeah, before the Web we used gopher, archie, and ftp, all text-based and usually from the command line. Pine for email.

Common Sense on September 27, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Two out of the three holidays you just mentioned are actually done by Google. Why are you saying they don’t do Veterans Day and 4th of July? They do. Why are you attributing them not doing Memorial Day but doing Veterans Day to some weird political agenda?

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I don’t know about you, but several commenters here say they avoid Google over things like this. That strikes me as pretty silly. As for responding to you directly, I was mostly responding to the incorrect information you were writing, in addition to the conclusions you were drawing based on that incorrect information.

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:48 PM

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

They don’t do Veterans Day. They do Rememberance Day (UK) but not Veterans Day. I guess British veterans are OK. American veterans, not so much. But it’s just a coincidence, right?

LOL. Right, because no liberal has ever boycotted a company due to political reasons. Are you really this obtuse or is this part of your troll repertoire?

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM

He didn’t mean “raise my taxes” he meant “raise their taxes.”

Meric1837 on September 27, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I’m still waiting for one of these “tax me now” phonies to voluntarily donate 80% of their net worth to the IRS directly.

When they do, I will tip my cap to them and then LMAO.

rickyricardo on September 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I avoid Google too. It’s not just the logos. Although that’s part of it. The main reason is their biased searches. Type in “health care” and the first link is to the White House web site. And that’s how all searches work on Google.

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Opposite Day on September 27, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Where did you get this obviously false information? They did July 4th when they first started doing these logos in 2000 and every year since: http://www.google.com/logos/logos00-3.html. They started doing Veterans Day in 2007 and every year since: http://www.google.com/logos/logos07-4.html. And as far as I can tell, they’ve never done Arbor Day in the US.

So what are you talking about?

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:57 PM

voluntarily unemployed

TRANSLATION: I’ve got money and I’m on an extended vacation. I’m too freaking liberal and stupid to realize I can just cut a check to Uncle Sam in order to assuage my feelings of guilt.

GarandFan on September 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM

So in 2007 they did Veterans Day,
How nice of them.
Only took 9 years too.
But before then they were celebrating independence day of every other country, Remembrance Day, Earth Day. So thoughtful of them to celebrate Veterans Day too.

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 6:00 PM

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I just googled “health care” and got the government site as #1 and Wikipedia as #2. On Bing, it’s Wikipedia #1 and government site #2 (and Huffington Post archives as #4!). That’s the bias you’re talking about?

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 6:00 PM

WTF are you talking about? Bing results for me:

Bing News: Arizona woman fights for immigrant husband’s care
Wiki site for health care
Videos of health care from ABC News
ehealthinsurance.com
healthcare.com
healthcare.gov (the white house)
huffingtonpost article

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM

My collie says:

It’s best that you don’t remember. After all, the most pressing questions 14 years ago were things like “Does Monica Lewinsky’s ‘daddy’ wear boxers or briefs?” and “What else can cigars be used for?”

CyberCipher on September 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Boycotting a company for political reasons can be fine, no matter who does it. Boycotting them because they didn’t put up a logo for every holiday seems like a silly reason. Especially when they actually did.

So in 2007 they did Veterans Day,
How nice of them.
Only took 9 years too.

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I’m glad you are finally basing your comments only on actual facts. If it really bothers you in 2011 that a company had a logo for Earth Day and July 4th but not Veterans Day back in 2006, that strikes me as silly, but fine.

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Yes. Just as I would avoid any store that might decide to display a Nazi flag in the window, post Koranic messages on the walls, or is staffed by people wearing “Obama 2012″ logo shirts.

That’s the great thing about America, you can choose which establishments you like based on the smallest or largest of reasons according to whatever criteria you desire.

Would you choose an auto repair shop that did excellent work but where the owner referred to you as an ignorant azzhat every time you asked a question?

Bishop on September 27, 2011 at 6:08 PM

WTF are you talking about? Bing results for me:

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Then our results are apparently different. Search engine algorithms are complicated these days, and they vary by location, time of day, search history, and all sorts of other things. I don’t think you should read too much into it, though if you are, I don’t know why you’re not hung about Bing showing Huffington Post results on the first page of results while Google doesn’t (at least for me).

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 6:09 PM

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM

You’ve twisted yourself into a pretzel quite nicely. Fact is they don’t and have never done Memorial Day. Which is where this whole discussion started.

You want to use Google? Go for it. Embrace it. Love it with all you got. And on Memorial Day, smile a beaming smile that your eyes aren’t offended by a simple tribute to the men and women who died to give Google the freedom to piss on their graves.

Personally, I’ll use Bing instead.

Then we’re both happy.

Cool?

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Bishop on September 27, 2011 at 6:08 PM

(a) Yes, you can choose whatever you want.
(b) I personally think that basing your choices on whether someone displays a Nazi flag makes sense, while basing them on something as trivial as logos is silly, but of course you’re free to make those choices.
(c) The claims about Google not doing July 4th or Veterans Day logos aren’t even true in the first place.

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Bishop on September 27, 2011 at 6:08 PM

My mechanic does that actually. But he’s the only guy in town that works on German cars and knows what he’s doing. Now if he had an Obama 2012 sign in the window, I’d drive 50 miles to the next good mechanic.

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 6:14 PM

No it didn’t. It started with July 4th and Veterans Day, which Google does and has done for years, and Cesar Chavez’s birthday, which they have never done:

It celebrates Cesar Chavez’s birthday. It ignores 4th of July and Veterans Day.

What’s your problem?

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I don’t see how I’ve twisted myself into a pretzel at all. I have corrected inaccurate information that you and others posted, and have consistently stated that I think basing choices on a company’s cutesy logos is silly, especially when those choices are also based on misinformation. You’re free to make those choices, of course.

Personally, I’ll use Bing instead.

Then we’re both happy.

Cool?

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Yes, I’m completely fine with that.

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 6:18 PM

How did people find answers to their most pressing questions 14 years ago?

Alta Vista, Yahoo, and a handful of others.

So you probably never “surfed the ‘net” using Gopher? That’s what we used before Mosaic and the “world wide web”.

taznar on September 27, 2011 at 6:19 PM

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Do you work for Google or something?

/s

Not trying to stir up an argument, personally. I just read Tina’s comment about the “fun” aspect of the logos, and pointed out my perception that they have a history of demonstrating a biased view of events by their selection of what dates to honor.

YMMV.

cs89 on September 27, 2011 at 6:20 PM

tneloms on September 27, 2011 at 6:14 PM

(a) Gee thanks.

(b) I appreciate you giving your permission.

c) I never mentioned July 4th, I said Veterans Day and Memorial Day, and the last time I used Google they didn’t recognize those days which you yourself admitted. So I moved on. That’s ok with you, right, because I’ll start using Google again if you don’t approve.

Bishop on September 27, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Interesting also how Saudi Arabia Independence Day is recognized, as is Senegal’s, Ghana’s, China’s and pretty much every country out there.

Israeli Independence Day? Not so much.

Just another total coincidence that doesn’t mean anything, I’m sure.

angryed on September 27, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Google is evil, that’s all you need to know.

slickwillie2001 on September 27, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Double all Google employee taxes NOW!!

Khun Joe on September 27, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Does Google have any actual assets?

Maybe it should be nationalized and liquidated, the proceeds going to reduce the debt.

malclave on September 27, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Google sucks.

I Ask.

madmonkphotog on September 27, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Ummm.. Tina, Google didn’t invent the search engine. Lycos was a huge search engine before Google was ever thought of.

And before the internet, we went to these things called encyclopedias. And if we needed more in depth knowledge, a trip to the library would be in the making.

Lots of legwork back in the “olden days”. LOL

ButterflyDragon on September 27, 2011 at 7:32 PM

GOPHER

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on September 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM

GOPHER

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on September 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM

That is old, old school.

ButterflyDragon on September 27, 2011 at 8:01 PM

GOPHER

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on September 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I always wondered what Fred Grandy did when he left the House of Representatives.

malclave on September 27, 2011 at 8:09 PM

shooten on September 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

The search engines we had when I was a kid were diesel powered. Here’s a picture of my calculator. It was very energy efficient.

Oldnuke on September 27, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Screw Google.

gdonovan on September 27, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I love you. Marry me.

Darth Executor on September 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM

P.S. It also just happens to be Google’s 13th birthday today!

I should have known. This is why all the Google people seem to think like 13 year olds!

Jaibones on September 27, 2011 at 10:08 PM

If the Republicans have control of the Whitehouse, Senate and House in 2012, they seriously need jack up the taxes on all rich Obama donors and voters. That includes Google, Silicon Valley, Hollywood, TV, Music etc. Confiscate Tax Warren Buffetts wealth. These people are hurting for higher taxes so give it to them and only them.

gumble on September 27, 2011 at 10:30 PM

So Dunn worked with McCain? Funny, I don’t see any Republicans here, much less CONSERVATIVES. What I see is a telecom lobbyist lobbing a RINO….

What is really happening here is that Google, as massive as it is, is worried. They are worried about 2012 and a GOP takeover of EVERYTHING in Washington. Even my dog, as dumb as he is (he is so dumb he is always surprised when he poops…how did that happen?…but he is very sweet…but I digress) knows that Google is in bed with O’Zero and all things progressive/liberal/socialist… They are worried about their day of reckoning that will come after 2012. The investigations into Google’s relationship with the White House. The transfer of Google employee to the White House. So they “bought” themselves a token lobbyist to soften up the GOP for 2012.

JimmyGee on September 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Use Scroogle, not Google.

/google scraper

Ward Cleaver on September 27, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Google has this awesome algorithm when you do a search for an Obama scandal you get great sites refuting the scandals.
Who needs fighttheschmears.com

cubbieblue25 on September 28, 2011 at 12:35 AM

How did people find answers to their most pressing questions 14 years ago?

So many pressing questions didn’t get answered.

Co-worker: Hey, who played Lumpy on Leave It To Beaver?
Me: Who cares?

John Deaux on September 28, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Who needs fighttheschmears.com

cubbieblue25 on September 28, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Google “intercontinental railroad” (no quotes) and it will give you results for “transcontinental railroad.” They love saving Obama’s rear whenever possible.

Missy on September 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM