Tea Party Nation founder endorses Gingrich

posted at 3:30 pm on September 26, 2011 by Tina Korbe

After last Thursday’s debate, in which both Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich outshone both of the purported frontrunners, the question of whether primary Republican voters will choose their nominee according to conventional wisdom as to what makes a candidate electable or according to personal preferences and conservative principles has been (somewhat) reopened. More than likely, nothing has changed. Rick Perry remains atop CNN’s most recent poll, after all — and Mitt Romney rode his homestate advantage to an expected straw poll victory in Michigan. But Cain’s surprise upset in the Florida straw poll this weekend was a forcible reminder that Perry and Romney aren’t technically alone in the race — and that Republicans are willing to reassert preference and principle in symbolic ways, at least. In that vein, Tea Party Nation founder Judson Phillips recently endorsed eloquent debater Newt Gingrich.

Tea Party Nation founder and CEO Judson Phillips has endorsed Newt Gingrich in the Republican primary, he writes in a blog post.

“Newt is electable. If you have seen the GOP debates, Gingrich has been the best debater. He does really well in that format and he looks Presidential,” Phillips, a former Tennessee district attorney who founded Tea Party Nation in 2009, wrote.

Phillips dismissed Gingrich’s extramarital affairs as “ancient history,” but didn’t address Gingrich’s quick missteps on the campaign trail or the early implosion of Gingrich’s campaign staff, both of which halted whatever momentum Gingrich had coming into the race and both of which he’s struggled to overcome as the season has continued. And what Phillips sees as a “presidential” appearance might easily be written off by the base as an “establishment” appearance, a “been-there-done-that” lack of appeal.

But the Phillips endorsement, like Cain’s straw poll victory, underscores the reality of what Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich bring to the table: The affable articulation of conservative principles as successfully applied in the private sector and in politics, respectively. While Rick Santorum struggles to appear likable and Michele Bachmann suffers for lack of meaningful legislative accomplishment, Cain and Gingrich, collectively, possess likability and a proven record in spades. It was easy to make a joke of Rick Perry’s wish for a running mate who combines the best of both of them — but, if nothing else, Perry’s private wish for a Caingrich or Gingrain demonstrates the Texas governor’s ability to quickly size up his competition and recognize what they have to offer. If that means Perry would be particularly apt to find a place in his administration for able men, then that’s a point in his favor (albeit one of the few points he scored Thursday night).

In the meantime, as always, I remain grateful for the many effective conservative spokespeople stumping across the country right now — and I hope our dear frontrunners remember always that the American people want solutions more than they care for uppercuts and counterpunches.

Comments

Newt is electable

That’s one step away from “he’s at least 35 years of age and a natural-born citizen of the United States”.

amerpundit on September 26, 2011 at 3:32 PM

seeing as there isn’t an actual tea party candidate, what’s the CEO of the tea party to do…

gatorboy on September 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Judson Phillips?

Didn’t take Phillips too long to sell out to the Establishment now, did it?

coldwarrior on September 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Newt has done very well in the debates.

Bruh’man could dig on a Cain/Newt ticket!

BruthaMan on September 26, 2011 at 3:34 PM

No. He’s not. Unfortunately.

lorien1973 on September 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Tea Party Nation founder endorses GOP candidate that supports Cap and Trade.

So much for Tea Party Nation.

MadisonConservative on September 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Alas, those rumors of the Tea Party’s demise are true. :(

cartooner on September 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM

“(H)e’s at least 35 years of age and a natural-born citizen of the United States”.

amerpundit on September 26, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I’m electable, too.

Fallon on September 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Against Obama, Satan’s electable.

zmdavid on September 26, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Judson Phillips?

Didn’t take Phillips too long to sell out to the Establishment now, did it?

coldwarrior on September 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Related to Wilson Phillips.

Vince on September 26, 2011 at 3:37 PM

No. He’s not. Unfortunately.

lorien1973 on September 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM

He’d destroy Obama in the debates. That would probably be enough to propel him to victory. At this point, I think any GOP nominee not named Ron Paul or Jon Huntsman probably wins. Obama’s in total meltdown mode.

Doughboy on September 26, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Cue Newt book sales pitch in 5…4…3…2…1…..

bloggless on September 26, 2011 at 3:41 PM

If Newts electable, we should nominate him. He’d kill Obama in the debates, and the MSM in the Interview hit pieces.

jp on September 26, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Newt is electable

amerpundit on September 26, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Question is as what… other than the Macon County Shriner’s President or Whip of the Tea Party.

bayam on September 26, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Newt has too many negatives for me for President but maybe Pelosi needs an intelligent Maitre Di.

tim c on September 26, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Um, what race are you watching?

changer1701 on September 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Wait! What if the plan all along is for Huntsman or Pawl to get the nomination???? Then Obama wins. Ooooooooh….. I think I’m gonna spew!

bloggless on September 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Hot Air should have prefaced this headline with a projectile vomit warning.

I would rather vote 3rd party than vote for an unrepentant RINO retread.

I agree with coldwarrior.

I will sit out the Presidential election by voting 3rd party.

The GOP needs me more than I need it.

molonlabe28 on September 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM

I don’t remember joining a Tea Party when I embraced the tea party.

Kensington on September 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM

“If you have seen the GOP debates, Gingrich has been the best debater…”

Yes he has…

… and electable or not, his attacks on Obowma are Earth shattering.

The more Newt attacks Obowma and his failed ideology and policies, the better…

Seven Percent Solution on September 26, 2011 at 3:45 PM

TP as incoherent as most others

Schadenfreude on September 26, 2011 at 3:45 PM

The more Newt attacks Obowma and his failed ideology and policies, the better…

Seven Percent Solution on September 26, 2011 at 3:45 PM

All others should keep this focus.

Schadenfreude on September 26, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Hot Air should have prefaced this headline with a projectile vomit warning.

You mean like they do at TheMorningSpew.com ?

bloggless on September 26, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Did Judson get to sit on a couch with Newt and talk about global warming? ‘Cause that would sell me.

rihar on September 26, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Seven Percent Solution on September 26, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Stances and principles be damned! What we need is someone who speaks well and looks good on television! That’s the only way we defeat Obama, who was promoted as someone who speaks well and looks good on television! God bless our wonderful American political system!

MadisonConservative on September 26, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Is it me, or is the Tea Party sort of endorsing a lot of people? I mean, Bachmann is the Tea Party darling. But Perry stole a lot of her TP support. But the TP loves Cain. And now the founder of a large TP organization has endorsed Newt.

hawksruleva on September 26, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I don’t remember joining a Tea Party when I embraced the tea party.

Kensington on September 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Yeah – isn’t it funny how everybody seems to put statements in the mouths of you tea party folks?

hawksruleva on September 26, 2011 at 3:50 PM

hawksruleva on September 26, 2011 at 3:48 PM

OK, who spiked the tea???

coldwarrior on September 26, 2011 at 3:51 PM

We are not blessed with an overabundance of quality candidates.

Who else is he supposed to pick? Cain seems shaky and may fold under pressure, Perry and Romney aren’t very good, and that leaves who? Santorum or Ron Paul?. Its a mess.

sharrukin on September 26, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Is this the same Gingrich who got fired as Speaker of the House of Representatives after the 1998 election, fired by his fellow Republicans, that is?

Really Right on September 26, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I didn’t even realize the scam for profit Tea Party Nation was still around after their mass banning craze.

Judson Phillips is not a real Tea Party person and just someone using every issue he can think of to make money, like with ad against E-verify.

JeffinSac on September 26, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Again, how ignorant are these people doing the endorsing?
The field may not be set; candidates coming and going;
not enough is known about the records and presidential agendas
set forth by each candidate.

How can someone be so stupid as to endorse prior to all the
facts being layed out?

I think that some of these people think they are playing
some sort of board game.

They have forgotten about the country; this is one of the most
important elections because if we don’t save our country this
time, there might not be a next time. It can’t be just about
defeating Obama; this president needs to reform most of the systems; I am unsure
if there are enough hours in the first four year term to get
it all done – that is how bad things are.

Are they “endorsing” because they want name recognition or are they
looking for a future consideration of some sort from their
candidate of choice?

I think this Judson character is a creep anyways.

Amjean on September 26, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Judson Phillips: One of those guys I’ve never heard spoken of at any Tea Party meeting I’ve been to, never read anything by him nor even heard him speak, but I’m supposed to regard him as a credible “leader” whose opinion I should consider. OK, sure. Consider it considered. Who is he again?

Extrafishy on September 26, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Tea Party = KKK

Tea party endorses Newt.

Therefore, Newt endorsed by KKK.

– MSM

angryed on September 26, 2011 at 3:56 PM

The same one who sat on the couch with Nanzi decrying global warming or something.

Shay on September 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Alternate headline: Tea Party Nation Founder Is An Idiot

Say you’re an independent and Newt Gingrich has miraculously won the GOP nomination. You’re relatively young and don’t know much about him, but you watch and listen for awhile, curious.

Gee, that guy sure is talkative. Wait, what, he believes in man-made global warming? I thought that AGW stuff was debunked. Oh, well.

You watch Gingrich some more, unsure what to think.

I guess his wife’s name is Callista. He must really love his wife. He sure does talk about her a lot–I mean, all the time, as in constantly. Obsessively, maybe. Kinda weird, but okay.

Then you talk to a few people you know who consider themselves conservatives. You find out Gingrich was fooling around on his previous wife while simultaneously going after Bill Clinton during that Monica Lewinsky scandal for doing pretty much what Gingrich was doing–although Clinton lied under oath and Gingrich was never asked. You don’t know much about the Monica Lewinsky scandal, but after doing some research, you never think of cigars the same way again.

You find out Gingrich pouted like a child when Clinton snubbed him on Air Force One and made him sit in the back. Thin-skinned, petulant, you think to yourself.

You find Gingrich’s manner somehow off-putting. You’ve seen that manner somewhere before…wait, oh yeah, he’s the guy who always thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room even when he isn’t. Probably got teased as a kid for that ginormous head. Compensating, probably.

Seriously, Gingrich is a loser, literally. He isn’t that bright and he isn’t that eloquent and he comes equipped with the charisma of a turnip. That adultery business is not ancient history and I’m sick of moral cripples in public office getting a pass because everybody is supposedly doing it, whatever ‘it’ might be: buying hookers, sexting college girls, accosting waitresses, whatever. The GOP needs a higher bar. Let the Democrats vote for an endless parade of Anthony Weiners and Ted Kennedys, not us.

troyriser_gopftw on September 26, 2011 at 3:59 PM

I’ve kind of resigned myself to a 2nd Obama term, but with a GOP house and senate. Not ideal, but things worked out pretty well last time we tried liberal Prez, GOP congress, 1995-2000.

I think that would actually be better than Romney as president. With Obama there, the GOP will be in full fight mode against him. With Romney there it will be let’s work together and spend lots of money to show everyone how compassionate we are a la Bush 2001-2003.

angryed on September 26, 2011 at 3:59 PM

This is ad hom, but Judson Phillips has a sketchy record, if I recall. TPN is not my favorite group. TP Express has done some good stuff, but their support of people like Angle were dumb. I prefer the way Tea party Patriots and Freedomworks operate, if I had to pick a group, which I don’t.

Newt’s a great debater, but not electable, and it’s not just his marriage stuff. I don’t think he’s serious about the election anyway.

juliesa on September 26, 2011 at 3:59 PM

I strongly dislike Newt for a couple of reasons but I think he is electable against Obama. But then again, so is any unnamed republican.

But I dont think he will top the others in a primary.

shick on September 26, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Judson Phillips?

Didn’t take Phillips too long to sell out to the Establishment now, did it?

coldwarrior on September 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Philips is one of a number of so-called “Tea Party leaders” to oppose e-verify. Donna Weisner Keene (former Bush admin. appointee and wife of David Keene, head of the NRA, former head of the American Conservative Union and long-time Beltway insider) is another.

coldwarrior on September 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM

bw222 on September 26, 2011 at 4:04 PM

The great thing about the Tea Party is that they are not represented by an individual or even a group of individuals but instead the party itself represents a common set of principles.

shick on September 26, 2011 at 4:04 PM

shick on September 26, 2011 at 4:04 PM

And that of course is racism. ;)

shick on September 26, 2011 at 4:05 PM

I don’t remember joining a Tea Party when I embraced the tea party.

Kensington on September 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM

equanimous on September 26, 2011 at 4:05 PM

O/T The Husband says that the are honor President Reagan at the coin toss on Monday Night Football tonight.

Cindy Munford on September 26, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Tea Party Nation endorsement…..who cares? This guy is speaking for himself. The people that joined the Tea Party movement will make up their own minds on who they like. Anyone acting like they speak for the Tea Party folks is full of horsesh..

David in ATL on September 26, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I would PAY to see him debate Clueless Joe.

Hard Right on September 26, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Disagree.

Gingrich is a sad excuse for a candidate.

I like Cain, but I don’t know if he’s our guy either.

YoungAmerican on September 26, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Seriously, Troyriser? Gingrich, who I am not for, is known for his brilliance. He is a huge policy wonk and knows the political and US history with the elite out there in this field. So your comment about him not being bright is quite a ways off the mark.

I am surprised that TP Nation would make this endorsement here…now those that ripped Romney about questioning GW, Newt actually went further and sat with Pelosi and HC discussing GW. Romney didn’t even go that far but just questioned whether man had ANY involvement.

I will vote for Newt if he is the last man standing but do not see it.

g2825m on September 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Cindy Munford on September 26, 2011 at 4:08 PM

+1000

GO COWBOYS!!!

Good nite all again from AFG! Got wake up at 5am to watch the game.

g2825m on September 26, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I don’t remember joining a Tea Party when I embraced the tea party.

Kensington on September 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM

An excellent point. The “Tea Party” really is the tea party. It is a movement and not a party. Specifically, it is a movement in favor of smaller, less intrusive government. I continually cringe when I hear about the Tea Party caucus or the Tea Party candidate(s). If you are in or are running for office and you favor the goal of limiting government you are part of the movement. You are not a leader of it. The movement has no leaders.

MJBrutus on September 26, 2011 at 4:20 PM

MadisonConservative on September 26, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Signed,

Romney supporters

fossten on September 26, 2011 at 4:21 PM

If Newt is the nominee, Obama would refuse any debates. Newt will not be the nominee. It would be delicious to see Cain reduce barry to infantile status.

lonestar1 on September 26, 2011 at 4:22 PM

fossten on September 26, 2011 at 4:21 PM

As a Romney supporter that was seriously hilarious!

g2825m on September 26, 2011 at 4:23 PM

No, g2825m, Gingrich isn’t that bright. I’ve listened to him hold forth on various subjects for years and his thinking reminds me of what they used to say about William Jennings Bryant: ‘he’s like the Platte River, a mile wide and 6 inches deep.’ Besides, how bright is it to share a cozy devan with Nancy Pelosi on national television and tell us to prepare for global apopalypse if we don’t address the horrors of man-made global warming? How smart is it to attempt to impeach a sitting President while engaging in the same type of sociopathic behavior?

Gingrich’s presidential aspirations are the result of a vastly overrated sense of self-importance.

Can’t stand hypocrites. Can’t stand him.

troyriser_gopftw on September 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Tea Party organizations should let their leadership know that the leadership is to represent the Tea Party and is to ASK the membership if they want to support anyone. We don’t need the old fashioned style of ‘organization’ that vests power in the hands of the few as it COMES from the individual.

Get these so-called ‘leaders’ out of my life.

ajacksonian on September 26, 2011 at 4:27 PM

I believe in redemption. Newt, if elected, is our best hope to turn the country around. He doesn’t take crap from anyone.

VBMax on September 26, 2011 at 4:29 PM

g2825m on September 26, 2011 at 4:18 PM

It will be like watching it together. Although we won’t be cheering on the same team.

Cindy Munford on September 26, 2011 at 4:32 PM

“Communities” have unelected, self appointed “leaders.” I don’t. Now who is this Judson Phillips again?

MNHawk on September 26, 2011 at 4:33 PM

I am a member of Tea Party Nation. Judson works his butt off to provide a conservative environment for us. Although, I believe that his endorsement came too soon, his instincts are correct.

VBMax on September 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I respectively disagree. Newt is an intelligent man that I occasionally disagree with but he just rubs people the wrong way. I don’t think the independents would care for him. We gotta get those people back from the Obama dream.

Hummer53 on September 26, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Can’t stand hypocrites. Can’t stand him.

troyriser_gopftw on September 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM

You are destined for a lifetime of sitting on the sidelines whining about who is in the game. I and other pragmatists can only hope that people like you don’t drag the rest of us down like you did in 2008.

SlimyBill on September 26, 2011 at 4:42 PM

gatorboy on September 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Except….. Cain has been giving speeches at Tea Party Rallies for years.

IowaWoman on September 26, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I think the strongest ticket would be Gingrich/Cain

VBMax on September 26, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I like Newt in the debates too, but he performs well because he is limited to ninety seconds. That’s simply not enough time for him to get his foot all the way into his mouth and then shoot it.

Lawdawg86 on September 26, 2011 at 4:46 PM

“Electable” is the new Establisment word of the week. None of them get it.

BetseyRoss on September 26, 2011 at 4:47 PM

VBMax on September 26, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Good point. Hell, just his chastisement of the media ALONE should be enough to earn him redemption. None of the other candidates even blink when they’re asked these silly loaded questions.

fossten on September 26, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Who is Judson Phillips and why should I care about this endorsement?

Kermit on September 26, 2011 at 4:52 PM

SlimyBill wrote,

Don’t blame me and those like me for McCain, although I guess I can take the rap as much as anyone who ultimately voted for the guy. And I don’t whine about who is in the game, sport. I speak out against obvious losers such as Gingrich and fringe lunatics such as Ron Paul, and speak for those candidates who I think might be able to beat the billion-dollar Obama machine.

If you and ‘other pragmatists’ truly think Newt Gingrich can beat Barack Obama, then by all means get behind your man. Free country and all that. Have fun.

troyriser_gopftw on September 26, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I don’t remember joining a Tea Party when I embraced the tea party.

Kensington on September 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Exactly
The movement is stronger then ever, We do not have nor do we need a leader. Big deal, Newt got the endorsement of ONE person in the Tea Party Movement.
Newt lost any hope for my vote when he shared that bench with Pelosi and pitched AGW.

IowaWoman on September 26, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Cain/Gingrich would be a very interesting ticket.

John the Libertarian on September 26, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Cain/Gingrich would be a very interesting ticket.

John the Libertarian on September 26, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Not possible. VP and Pres can’t be from the same state.

angryed on September 26, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Good for Newt!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 26, 2011 at 5:07 PM

This is the problem when you have a hydra like the Tea Party, everyone and his brother can try and play kingmaker. As long as we realize that this guy and the other “Tea Party leader” pretenders have exactly the same one vote we do and not to allow them to make our choices for us anymore than we would allow the RNC to make them, we’ll be alright.

jnelchef on September 26, 2011 at 5:07 PM

hawksruleva on September 26, 2011 at 3:48 PM

A lot of people including the MSM claiming they KNOW who the TP is supporting. We are a Movement, not a Party. We will individually support the candidate that each one of us believe can execute the Principles we stand for. The MSM is taking you on the roller-coaster ride. Since we are autonomous, each individual will choose whom they think is best. As a movement we should endorse Principles, not people.

IowaWoman on September 26, 2011 at 5:17 PM

picture should be captioned “come to Papa”

Bradky on September 26, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Sigh…very, very, very deep sigh. TPN just gave Huffpo the headline dejour…

“Endorsement of Gingrich on heels of Cain Fl. straw poll win proves teapartiers’ racist.”

Hope not, but give it 5, 4, 3, 2…

Chewy the Lab on September 26, 2011 at 5:23 PM

And this is the moron who opposes E-Verify and claims the tea Party is with him on this (Uhh, NOT here is Texas!)

It is Gingrich’s POLITICAL history as becoming part of the problem in the past that concerns me, despite his words today. He let the GOP majority slip into Democrat bad habits.

michaelo on September 26, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Newt has to somehow shed his “Chucky” image with the Independents. It may not be possible. Newt is easily the brightest candle in the room of either party but regrettably he’s still Newt.

patrick neid on September 26, 2011 at 6:05 PM

note to self, Judson Phillips on list of untrustworthy political sources.

Thanks, it’s a crowded list……..but I’m keeping it to share with all my TP compadres (that’s a little Hispanic lingo for you Yanks, and Teaters out there).

PappyD61 on September 26, 2011 at 6:07 PM

With all due respect to Mr. Phillips…..

…..Newt couldn’t get re-elected Speaker and he had to QUIT.

…..Soooooo he’s a QUITTER.

…..We can do better.

PappyD61 on September 26, 2011 at 6:09 PM

When you choose your candidate, keep in mind it will have to be someone who knows the ropes and is strong enough to withstand the continual sabotage and subversion by progressives and the MSN.

Reagan was such a leader; he wasn’t perfect but for the most part he was able to withstand it and get things done. Bush II caved in to much of it and didn’t even bother defending himself or his administration from attacks.

Now look at the candidates we have and make a judgement as to who can withstand the crap and also shares your political views. Cain is a possibility for me but I’m not certain he will prevail with all that will be coming at him. Don’t know that he knows the ropes well enough to overcome it.

VBMax on September 26, 2011 at 6:18 PM

This is what I long for. A candidate that not only tells me what I want to hear, but can articulate it. Like Rubio, Christie or Jindal.

I want Rush Limbaughs and keep getting Sean Hannitys.

29Victor on September 26, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Newt is electable

Not by me, not after cozying up on the loveseat with Pelosi and stating his belief in AGW (among many other problems).

glockomatic on September 26, 2011 at 7:02 PM

*gag*

That’s all I have to say about Newt.

boomer on September 26, 2011 at 7:11 PM

I have yet to read any stories of Gingrich on the campaign trail.

Is he even campaigning?

madmonkphotog on September 26, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Newt is a great ideas guy.

He writes good books. Apparently Calista-wife number 3- just wrote a children’s book.

But his lack of morals makes him unfit to be president.

We don’t need to nominate someone who cheated on wife number 1 to get wife number 2 then cheated on her to marry wife number 3.

We can do better.

texasconserv on September 26, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Very unfortunate turn of events.

Newt Gingrich IS the problem.

A man who has spent essentially his ENTIRE working life on the public dole. Doesn’t get anymore establishment than that.

I honestly would write my own name on the ticket before I would vote for Newt Gingrich.

KMC1 on September 26, 2011 at 8:16 PM

TPN? how many are “registered” in that group? They do not speak for me. Will he be embarressed when his support doesn’t help Newt?

conmo on September 26, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Judson – lawyer and former DA, founds TPN. What are his TP creds again? Doesn’t speak for this TPer.

Just another RINO looking for a wave to catch and ride for what its worth. I didn’t trust him with his 1st event last year, not about to trust him now.

AH_C on September 26, 2011 at 9:20 PM

… Michele Bachmann suffers for lack of meaningful legislative accomplishment …

Actually no, this is not her problem. While Cain was talking about his 9-9-9 plan for the future, Bachmann was busy talking about HPV.

Bachmann needs to articulate what her plan for the future is. For example, like everyone else, she has stated that Dodd-Frank needs to be repealed. Once repealed, what would Bachmann propose as a solution for the too big to fail banks that was the alledged reason for Dodd-Frank?

Not talking about solutions is what is holding Bachmann, and others, back!

Freddy on September 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Newt clearly stated he would have his 12 point plan for the future next week. It seems very strange for anyone to offer Newt support BEFORE that plan is released.

Freddy on September 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM

TPN? how many are “registered” in that group?
conmo on September 26, 2011 at 9:16 PM

44,000 Plus registered members. Judson is as conservative as they come.

VBMax on September 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Newt is a brilliant man and I can see him as an asset to a conservative administration. But for president? No. I see more demons on his left shoulder than I see angels on his right.

SKYFOX on September 27, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Proof that the T.E.A. party momentum has been co-opted by the GOP elites.
Gingrich is the antithesis of the original T.E.A. party ideals.
Don’t the recent victories of Paul and Cain in numerous straw polls speak to anyone? Conservatives are tired of the monied elite calling the shots. They want real conservatives, who hew closely to the Constitution and our founding principles. Unfortunately, many of the T.E.A. party ideas have been perverted and villified by the leftist media, and co-opted and altered by corporate interests on the right to maintain their grasp on party power.

badcrow on September 27, 2011 at 9:32 AM